PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages...

dandaman23
08-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Hey mods, I was wondering, if somehow you guys could change the lenght the PM's are aloud to be, becuase right now its only 1000 characters, which include space bar..I think a lot of people would like to see it changed too...I mean I send one to WestFl, and had to break it up into 4 different sections...And I have gotten them from people in 2 and 3 different sections..And I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but this is something I would like to see changed..

Thanks,

Danny

rcsodak
08-26-2004, 08:49 PM
ditto

heaney
08-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Amen

Jared
09-04-2004, 07:01 PM
If its going to be that long, could you send him an email? Or does he not allow email to come from this site?

dandaman23
09-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
he knows my email but hes just too damn lazy to do it:rolleyes:

:D :p

heaney
09-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Jared
If its going to be that long, could you send him an email? Or does he not allow email to come from this site?

1000 is too short, even 1500-2000 would be good.

Booher
09-19-2004, 03:36 PM
You should be able to block pm's from certain members......I do not want to receive another offensive from renegades aka clanzu.........

BlueDamsel
09-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Booher
You should be able to block pm's from certain members......I do not want to receive another offensive from renegades aka clanzu.........
I think if you put them on ignore, it doesn't come through...

BlueDamsel
09-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Jared

In a lot of cases, I do not check the email that I get from this site, as I have found most of it to be spam.

The PM feature is supposed to make it so that one does not have to leave the site to continue a conversation with another..

Also, in many cases one does not want their email address to be given out....

For example, say there is an issue that one member has with another - they get told to work it out in PM, so as not to hijack another thread with their arguing...So they do...One starts to explain their position, and gets cut off with the 1k limit...Obviously, two people that are having issues with each other are not going to want to exchange email addresses - one could easily attach a virus, disguise it as a "peaceoffering", or all sorts of things.

I don't know why there is a thing with a character limit on PMs...a longer single pm is better than 5 shorter pms that clutter up one's mailbox...

Booher
09-19-2004, 06:08 PM
aight damsel that must be why I never received pm's from this moron before ....man some people just do not learn that they are not welcome......but I'll save the pm for when it is requested by higher authority

GriffinRB22
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
Hey mods, I was wondering, if somehow you guys could change the lenght the PM's are aloud to be, becuase right now its only 1000 characters, which include space bar..I think a lot of people would like to see it changed too...I mean I send one to WestFl, and had to break it up into 4 different sections...And I have gotten them from people in 2 and 3 different sections..And I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but this is something I would like to see changed..

Thanks,

Danny same here

Steve_Harbula
09-21-2004, 12:20 PM
O.K. -- we've increased the PM length to 1,500 characters. We do need to be sensitive to server space and bandwidth issues, so I don't know if we can go much bigger than that. Like Jared suggested, for lengthy discussions please use e-mail instead -- that's what it's for.

Thanks!