PDA

View Full Version : A Rant

TheBroncoEra
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM
So for those who saw Gameday Final after the Super Bowl Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci picked the Chargers to be in the Super Bowl next year. Why? I know we haven't been to a Super Bowl recently, but what have the Chargers shown post-season wise that has everybody so impressed as to think that they will be in the big one? It seems like every year they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but I just don't see why :doh:

Ravenspride52
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
So for those who saw Gameday Final after the Super Bowl Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci picked the Chargers to be in the Super Bowl next year. Why? I know we haven't been to a Super Bowl recently, but what have the Chargers shown post-season wise that has everybody so impressed as to think that they will be in the big one? It seems like every year they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but I just don't see why :doh:

Who cares what Deion says. Everytime he is on talking he makes a point to mention his love for Rivers. Irvin does the same sometimes.
The Chargers are favorites because they got the ability and potential.
I feel like my ravens are underestimated and I'm hoping for a good run next season.

TheBroncoEra
02-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Who cares what Deion says. Everytime he is on talking he makes a point to mention his love for Rivers. Irvin does the same sometimes.
The Chargers are favorites because they got the ability and potential.
I feel like my ravens are underestimated and I'm hoping for a good run next season.

And his love of himself, you can't forget about that! :D

The Ravens are for sure underrated, but as long as they are in the same division as the Steelers they'll probably always be overlooked.

Ravenspride52
02-14-2010, 04:27 PM
KnockoutOrton8;3164053]And his love of himself, you can't forget about that! :D

Haha yes that is true. I also hate when he does that "Pay da man" crap

powderblues
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
People have been picking a Chargers vs Cowboys Super Bowl for years now, it hasn't happened.

I think a lot of people realize, not being a homer here but hear me out... the Chargers could easily represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if they stopped becoming mental midgets in the playoffs with their choke jobs.

It's not about what the Chargers possess that shows they're on the brink of winning one. Look at the Saints... they were 8-8 last year and a laughing stock of a franchise and bam, just like that... 13-3 Super Bowl. Sometimes teams come out of nowhere and win the big one. Who would have thought Arizona would be in it that long last year? They didn't have playoff experience.

The Chargers have lots of playoff experience, wins, and terrible losses that leave you wondering what the hell did I just witness here?

I think I know what those analysts must be wondering... man sooner or later the Chargers have to go all the way right?

We'll see... but I think the Chargers are close, they've been kicking at the door since 2004.

TheBroncoEra
02-14-2010, 05:36 PM
People have been picking a Chargers vs Cowboys Super Bowl for years now, it hasn't happened.

I think a lot of people realize, not being a homer here but hear me out... the Chargers could easily represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if they stopped becoming mental midgets in the playoffs with their choke jobs.

It's not about what the Chargers possess that shows they're on the brink of winning one. Look at the Saints... they were 8-8 last year and a laughing stock of a franchise and bam, just like that... 13-3 Super Bowl. Sometimes teams come out of nowhere and win the big one. Who would have thought Arizona would be in it that long last year? They didn't have playoff experience.

The Chargers have lots of playoff experience, wins, and terrible losses that leave you wondering what the hell did I just witness here?

I think I know what those analysts must be wondering... man sooner or later the Chargers have to go all the way right?

We'll see... but I think the Chargers are close, they've been kicking at the door since 2004.

Oh yeah I agree with you, the Chargers have all the talent to get there but we see a totally different team in the playoffs. However, same thing happened to the Broncos in 05 so I know how that is.

It's just getting annoying hearing the "experts" pick the same people and they never make it, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers, Steelers, it'd be nice to see them at least pick some different teams but ah well. :D

RaiderFanSD
02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Eh, because they've gotta win one sooner or later. Eventually their not gonna choke in the playoffs.

Hoserman117
02-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Eh, because they've gotta win one sooner or later. Eventually their not gonna choke in the playoffs.

That's what everybody said about the Billz

theshiverman
02-15-2010, 08:30 AM

Its nothing new, i see these guys every year picking the Chargers to be in or win a super bowl, it aint gonna happen anytime soon.

jazzbodog
02-15-2010, 09:51 AM

The reason is because the Chargers are a pretty good team. I hate to admit it but they are. Having said that (which was difficult), I hope they continue to choke and puke in the playoffs or better yet not even make it to the playoffs.

Based on their proven ability as demonstrated over the last few years, one would think that they should have been in a couple of super bowls and perhaps even won one. The thought of that turns my stomach. :sad:

So, it's the Chargers recent proven ability and regular season success that prompts these commentators and others to continue picking them as a super bowl favorite regardless that they keep choking in the playoffs.

I believe the Dolts will continue to fail in the playoffs as long as Norv Turner is their head coach. :coffee:

baphamet
02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
That's what everybody said about the Billz

and the colts....and the broncos.....:D

baphamet
02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
when you are a good team people pick you to win the SB. that said, i think a lot will change once we get closer to next season.

team will change a lot between now and then but based off last season (because that is all we got right now) i can see why people would pick the chargers to win it all at this point, they were one of the better teams after all.

they sure as heck are not picking the broncos i will tell ya that. :D

BoltNut
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
As long as the Bolts have these streaks of winning like the past few seasons, the "experts" will pick them to win the SB. IMO this won't happen until we can get a defense that is at least equal to the offense. There are some glaring issues that team management will need to focus on. Both lines are lacking. The O-line doesn't get much of a "push" and the D-line doesn't put any pressure on QB's. Until that is fixed, games will continually be put into the hands of P. Rivers or Nate Keading. I have not real problem with PR but Nate doesn't handle the big pressure situations during the playoffs. Games need to be led by enough points to where a missed field goal isn't going to make the difference between a W or a L. Until our lines are capable of doing their job, whether passing, running or putting on pressure, it just ain't going to happen.

Our biggest problem is the amount of players who are up for contracts. Who to keep, who to let go, who to draft. The "experts" are no better at picking the winners than any of us are if we remain objective.

iowabronco24
02-15-2010, 01:46 PM
As long as the Bolts have these streaks of winning like the past few seasons, the "experts" will pick them to win the SB. IMO this won't happen until we can get a defense that is at least equal to the offense. There are some glaring issues that team management will need to focus on. Both lines are lacking. The O-line doesn't get much of a "push" and the D-line doesn't put any pressure on QB's. Until that is fixed, games will continually be put into the hands of P. Rivers or Nate Keading. I have not real problem with PR but Nate doesn't handle the big pressure situations during the playoffs. Games need to be led by enough points to where a missed field goal isn't going to make the difference between a W or a L. Until our lines are capable of doing their job, whether passing, running or putting on pressure, it just ain't going to happen.

Our biggest problem is the amount of players who are up for contracts. Who to keep, who to let go, who to draft. The "experts" are no better at picking the winners than any of us are if we remain objective.

The Chargers D is what kept them in that game against the Jets. If the D didn't show up the Chargers could have easily gotten blown out of that game with how terrible the offense played.

gorky
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM

I bet your coach picks the sexy pick, RB.
But I agree that OL is an even better selection.

LSIGRAD09
02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
The Chargers are merely waiting. They are going to be written off, like some underdog teams, and then they are going to kick it into full gear and win the Super Bowl. It is not wise to assume the Chargers won't make the Big Game.
As a matter of fact, if they don't win with Rivers at QB, I would be surprised.

BoltNut
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
The Chargers D is what kept them in that game against the Jets. If the D didn't show up the Chargers could have easily gotten blown out of that game with how terrible the offense played.

In the Jets game, I'd agree with you. If you look back at the other games, they were sometimes really weak. They must have a consistent defense. Pressure the QB and be able to cover the middle. Another safety would be great, but someone on the line that actually requires other teams to scheme for is vital.

BoltNut
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
It is not wise to assume the Chargers won't make the Big Game.
As a matter of fact, if they don't win with Rivers at QB, I would be surprised.

Me too. They SHOULD win the Big Game. Historically, there have been a number of great QB's with really good players surrounding them that never won the Big Game. Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton are a few that come to mind. It's not inconceivable that Rivers could end up being yet another, but I just can't see that happening....... well, let's just say I don't want to see that happen. LOL

licence_to_kill
02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
The simplest explanation is usually the best:

The chargers have good players.

HOLY BALLS

Boltheads
02-15-2010, 06:09 PM
So for those who saw Gameday Final after the Super Bowl Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci picked the Chargers to be in the Super Bowl next year. Why? I know we haven't been to a Super Bowl recently, but what have the Chargers shown post-season wise that has everybody so impressed as to think that they will be in the big one? It seems like every year they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but I just don't see why :doh:I think it has more to do with having an elite QB, a defense that improved as the season progressed, and an easier schedule in 2010.

If they based predictions on playoff success, the Bolts would be lumped somewhere towards the bottom :sad:

Letsgobolts
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM

Yeah, if Norv doesn't take the ball out of his hands. For the most part I agree, the lines need grooming. I hope AJ addresses it this off season.

ItalianBronco
02-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Preseason--------To win the Bowl Top 5
#1 Colts
#2 Dolts
#3 Minni (if Farve comes back)
#4 Pitt
#5 Saints

After first 8 games---------------------
#1 Colts
#2 Minni
#3 Pitt
#4 Saints
#5 Broncos

At the Start of the Playoffs------------------
#1 Colts
#2 Dolts
#3 Minni
#4 Saints
#5 Cowboys

The First Round of the playoffs

Dolts and Cowboys will be saying NEXT year...and "Prime Time" will be at the front of the Bus...

TheBroncoEra
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Preseason--------To win the Bowl Top 5
#1 Colts
#2 Dolts
#3 Minni (if Farve comes back)
#4 Pitt
#5 Saints

After first 8 games---------------------
#1 Colts
#2 Minni
#3 Pitt
#4 Saints
#5 Broncos

At the Start of the Playoffs------------------
#1 Colts
#2 Dolts
#3 Minni
#4 Saints
#5 Cowboys

The First Round of the playoffs

Dolts and Cowboys will be saying NEXT year...and "Prime Time" will be at the front of the Bus...

Oh God that's another team I'm getting tired about hearing being Super Bowl favorites, the Vikings. It seems like pretty much any team Favre will ever go to are going to be Super Bowl champions guaranteed, that gets really old really fast! Especially considering Favre throws away playoff games as well as he throws away his legacy :D

Also to all the Charger fans in this thread, who do you guys see them taking with their 1st round pick? I think they could make a push for Spiller if LT gets released or traded, but I don't know...

licence_to_kill
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
So does that mean we're in for a 3rd historic bronco collapse?

Tellway
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM

says the neut with over 4 decades of neutacular failure lol roflmao BLAM BLAM :helmet::helmet: there ya go gazer, gaze away lolololololol

broncsfan21
02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Like many have said so far, the Chargers look good on paper, but their o-line and defense aren't quite what you want when making a superbowl run. The o-line has had health issues the past few years, showing you have servicable, but not great, depth.

The defense has a good line when jamal is healthy. The olbs are a good duo, with depth in english. The weakness to me is the ILBs and safetys. Neither of the ILBs would be the primary ILB in many of the leagues 3-4 defense, and walk that line between journeyman backup and average starter. If you were to pick up Dansby, that shores up that middle prevents a lot of your rush-d woes.

The safety play isn't horrible, i can think of worse duos in the league. Their strength seems to be run support, or maybe that was because they had to play the run more to compensate for your problems up front? Either way, with a gambling corner like cromartie, you need good safety play over the top.

To me, SD is just a few players away from a serious run.

BoltNut
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I guess it depends on who is available at pick #28. I wouldn't mind if we took a safety, maybe someone like Mays from USC. Doubtful that he would be available, but it's a possibility. If there isn't a safety, we should address the D-line first. O-line in the later rounds. It also depends on what happens with LT, Sproles, Merriman, etc. etc.

It might be better to bring in a FA running back. The future of our running backs are still very much up in the air, so it's difficult to put a finger on what our priorities will be.

gorky
02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I guess it depends on who is available at pick #28. I wouldn't mind if we took a safety, maybe someone like Mays from USC. Doubtful that he would be available, but it's a possibility. If there isn't a safety, we should address the D-line first. O-line in the later rounds. It also depends on what happens with LT, Sproles, Merriman, etc. etc.

It might be better to bring in a FA running back. The future of our running backs are still very much up in the air, so it's difficult to put a finger on what our priorities will be.

Agreed. In a sense, your coach may just simply go for the best player available. Even a qb aka. trade bait.

I'm not sure where my team will go in the draft either. Josh is just a wee bit unpredicable.

The next few months should be interesting!

SLVR and Black
02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I owe you a CP for that. :D

TheBroncoEra
02-16-2010, 01:38 PM

I think it'd be in the Chargers best interest to address the lines or the secondary, but I have a feeling if Spiller is there that that may be your guys' pick. A free agent back would be good, but I think if Spiller is there he would be very hard to pass up given the LT situation.

Justblaze2729
02-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Well the season that no one picks them to get to the superbowl is prolly the year they actually do it so i dont mind analysts picking them year in and year out ..

Hopefully it continues :go:

powderblues
02-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Also to all the Charger fans in this thread, who do you guys see them taking with their 1st round pick? I think they could make a push for Spiller if LT gets released or traded, but I don't know...

Might be Spiller... but definitely either a Running Back or Nose Tackle... if it's anything else, I would be surprised... CB probably in the 3rd because Cromartie is basically out.

Team needs (Chargers):

1. Running Back (LT will leave, Sproles is not a real Running Back let's face it)
2. Nose Tackle (Jamal Williams is about to retire)
3. Defensive End (Luis Castillo is overrated, Cesaire isn't starter worthy)
4. Full Back (Tolbert is good but he is not a full time blocker)
5. Cornerback (Cromartie will be traded, Cason his backup is probably worse)

Letsgobolts
02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
We need a nose tackle for sure, and a rb

jazzbodog
02-20-2010, 03:10 PM

It means we will all enjoy another choke and puke by the retardgers in the playoffs! :D

baphamet
02-20-2010, 03:19 PM
It means we will all enjoy another choke and puke by the retardgers in the playoffs! :D

you are right, the donks will not be in a position to choke anything away this year because they are not gonna get lucky with a 6-0 start again.

ERoyal248
02-20-2010, 03:24 PM
you are right, the donks will not be in a position to choke anything away this year because they are not gonna get lucky with a 6-0 start again.

What was lucky other then Week 1?

baphamet
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
What was lucky other then Week 1?

okay, i shouldn't say winning in the NFL is lucky but considering what happened over the coarse of the season, it was a bit of a lucky streak.

that's what i meant.

Beagle
02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
okay, i shouldn't say winning in the NFL is lucky but considering what happened over the coarse of the season, it was a bit of a lucky streak.

that's what i meant.

So was your 11 game streak considering what happened in the playoffs

baphamet
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
So was your 11 game streak considering what happened in the playoffs

you came to that conclusion because of one loss in the playoffs?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2010, 05:53 PM
you came to that conclusion because of one loss in the playoffs?

Well, it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

With that being said it was a game the Chargers should have won (at home no less) and did not look prepared. They lost in ugly fashion.

jazzbodog
02-20-2010, 08:11 PM

Well Baph, I would be even more pissed if the Broncos were AFC West champs two years running and then fell flat on their face in the playoffs against teams they should have easily beaten. Like when the Broncos lost to the Jags in the 1996 playoffs. IMO, those kind of losses hurt a lot more than just having a crapy regular season.

ChargersDivison
02-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Well Baph, I would be even more pissed if the Broncos were AFC West champs two years running and then fell flat on their face in the playoffs against teams they should have easily beaten. Like when the Broncos lost to the Jags in the 1996 playoffs. IMO, those kind of losses hurt a lot more than just having a crapy regular season.

LOL!! Sorry nothing would hurt more than back to back epic SEASON CHOKES. Single game upsets happen all the time.

But the last 2 seasons for the Broncos, those don't even happen in gritty parody movies. Those don't even happen in far fetched exaggerated prediction smack. Those kind of chokes ruin franchises for decades. Those kind of chokes become life long curses.

SD has won the AFCW 4 times in a row. They've only lost 2 games they should of won in the playoffs past 4 years. Both by 3 points! With missed FG's in both games. Ehhh it happens, those make teams stronger, more motivated.

But the 08 and 09 season for Denver?? YIKES, that my friend is epic. You'll see many more upsets in your life in all sports in a 1 game situation. But you will never and I repeated NEVER see the situation that you saw in Den in 08 and 09 happen in any other sport ever again back to back. Sleep on that for a minute.

gorky
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
LOL!! Sorry nothing would hurt more than back to back epic SEASON CHOKES. Single game upsets happen all the time.

But the last 2 seasons for the Broncos, those don't even happen in gritty parody movies. Those don't even happen in far fetched exaggerated prediction smack. Those kind of chokes ruin franchises for decades. Those kind of chokes become life long curses.

SD has won the AFCW 4 times in a row. They've only lost 2 games they should of won in the playoffs past 4 years. Both by 3 points! With missed FG's in both games. Ehhh it happens, those make teams stronger, more motivated.

But the 08 and 09 season for Denver?? YIKES, that my friend is epic. You'll see many more upsets in your life in all sports in a 1 game situation. But you will never and I repeated NEVER see the situation that you saw in Den in 08 and 09 happen in any other sport ever again back to back. Sleep on that for a minute.

Wrong Rod.

The crap seasons you forget about. (2009 is not memorable for us.)

The seasons that you feel you were close, but didn't get things done, you remember. (Aka, you guys)

The season we lost to the Jaguars (pre first SB win), is easily the most haunting. Excluding the SB losses of course.

LSIGRAD09
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM

Well, that would hurt, if you worship football and place it above everything else in life.......in that case, it annoys me, but isn't anything dreadful.

jazzbodog
02-21-2010, 12:23 PM

Dude...you are amazing! The things you state are borderline hysterical. Phrases such as

"epic SEASON CHOKES" (epic...really?)

"those don't even happen in gritty parody movies"
(gritty...now that's getting coarse Baph!)

"don't even happen in far fetched exaggerated prediction smack"
(which you're the king of)

"Those kind of chokes ruin franchises for decades"
(for decades...don't you mean centuries?)

"Those kind of chokes become life long curses"
(oh no...not voodoo crap!)

"But you will never and I repeated NEVER see the situation that you saw in Den in 08 and 09 happen in any other sport ever again back to back"
(wow, that's a lot of sports and forever is a really long time)

All of your "unbelieveable" statements suggest that you may be closely related to Sara Palin or George Bush.

What a bummer! :sad:

baphamet
02-21-2010, 04:25 PM

so the chargers should have easily beat the steelers on the road in 2008? that's kind of high expectations for an 8-8 team, don't you think?

i mean, they already beat the colts the week before, a team that was supposed to "easily" beat them....:coffee:

but i agree, the sting of failure isn't as bad when you know your team is garbage and wont challenge for a playoff spot, so i guess you are safe for a while, huh?

jazzbodog
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
so the chargers should have easily beat the steelers on the road in 2008? that's kind of high expectations for an 8-8 team, don't you think?

i mean, they already beat the colts the week before, a team that was supposed to "easily" beat them....:coffee:

but i agree, the sting of failure isn't as bad when you know your team is garbage and wont challenge for a playoff spot, so i guess you are safe for a while, huh?

Yes they should have. When a team, the Dolts, have two GODs (PR and LT) as all of your posts suggest, should have been a shut out in steeltown. :coffee:

Key West Bronc
02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
and the colts....and the broncos.....:D

If I remember correctly..you are 0 fer...ever!

We have...let me see....it's around here somewhere....oh yeah...TWO!!!

Come back when ya get one!!

baphamet
02-21-2010, 08:31 PM

come back when you have a real argument and actually make sense.

licence_to_kill
02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
If I remember correctly..you are 0 fer...ever!

We have...let me see....it's around here somewhere....oh yeah...TWO!!!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/ali-legend/usrsbro.gif

LSIGRAD09
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Dang, this place is swarming with Chargers fans. I don't know which is more heated, the offseason or the season!:D