PDA

View Full Version : Elway was never released

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
He was just too good.

getlynched47
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Elway didn't play runningback.

This is weak smack. I hate the Chargers...but this is weak...

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM

Thank you, i tried really hard, it took me 40 minutes to word this, im glad you know a work of art when you see it.

Beagle
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM

This man speaks the truth.

Show a little repect to LT it isn't his fault the chargers bandwagon fans are mostly ingnorant trolls.

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM
This man speaks the truth.

Show a little repect to LT it isn't his fault the chargers bandwagon fans are mostly ingnorant trolls.

I showed LT some respect, the last time i saw him crying after a playoff game i turned off the tv and pretended he was cutting up some onions

getlynched47
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I showed LT some respect, the last time i saw him crying after a playoff game i turned off the tv and pretended he was cutting up some onions

That's cool.

All I'm saying is....come up with some better smack. Charger fans will see this and laugh at all of us. It makes all of us over here look bad.

Quarterbacks have longer careers than runningbacks. It's fact.

That's why Brett Favre is still going strong, Peyton Manning is in his prime, and Tom Brady is right behind. Runningbacks take more abuse.

powderblues
02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice class there man.

We all know RB's are more expendable than franchise QB's.

Also, LT requested to be released, the organization is more classy than you think, they wouldn't have just cut him without talking to him first.

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
That's cool.

All I'm saying is....come up with some better smack. Charger fans will see this and laugh at all of us. It makes all of us over here look bad.

That's why Brett Favre is still going strong, Peyton Manning is in his prime, and Tom Brady is right behind. Runningbacks take more abuse.

Ifs its one thing that im not worried about in this whole great big wonderfull world, and thats looking bad to a charger fan, even though this post was ment to be a smart azz, stupid response to the many posts comparing Charger player and Bronco Player, it will still angar some dumb charger fan who comes on here and reads this and takes it serious and gets highly offended and bent out of shape from it, and if that happens, then i will go to sleep a very happy man.

gorky
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
That's cool.

True enough.

When you think of the abuse they take, it's kind of surprising that more running backs don't end up with career ending injuries like TD.

It is even more amazing when you think of some of the running backs that play for an extended time.
I'm thinking Emmitt Smith here. If nothing else, the man is a tank.

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Nice class there man.

We all know RB's are more expendable than franchise QB's.

Also, LT requested to be released, the organization is more classy than you think, they wouldn't have just cut him without talking to him first.

See, i told ya...heh

LSIGRAD09
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Ifs its one thing that im not worried about in this whole great big wonderfull world, and thats looking bad to a charger fan, even though this post was ment to be a smart azz, stupid response to the many posts comparing Charger player and Bronco Player, it will still angar some dumb charger fan who comes on here and reads this and takes it serious and gets highly offended and bent out of shape from it, and if that happens, then i will go to sleep a very happy man.

You act as if ALL Chargers fans are bad. Let the record show that YOU don't like looking bad to Chargers fans.

There are some real classy SD fans out there, and this is why they hate us, because they see things like this.

I hope the Charger fans attack you, and nobody else, because you are spoiling for a fight.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
He was just too good.

:rolleyes:

powderblues
02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
See, i told ya...heh

You threw a rock into a pond and you are now calling attention to the fact that there are ripples in the water...

I'm not going to hate you for anything you said, you are entitled to your own opinions.

Just appreciate the fact, whether you are Charger fan or not, you got to witness one of the greatest players in NFL history...

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 07:42 PM
You act as if ALL Chargers fans are bad. Let the record show that YOU don't like looking bad to Chargers fans.

There are some real classy SD fans out there, and this is why they hate us, because they see things like this.

I hope the Charger fans attack you, and nobody else, because you are spoiling for a fight.

Charger fans do suck, at least thats my humble opinion from all my interactions with them on this message board, and if they attack me so what, thats nothing new or earth shaking.

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
You threw a rock into a pond and you are now calling attention to the fact that there are ripples in the water...

I'm not going to hate you for anything you said, you are entitled to your own opinions.

Just appreciate the fact, whether you are Charger fan or not, you got to witness one of the greatest players in NFL history...

I know, i watched Elway his whole career, a brilliant career spent with the same team and finished with back to back super bowl wins anda Super Bowl MVP:)

SLVR and Black
02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
He was just too good.Jerry Rice was released and he was far better at his position than Elway was at his.

powderblues
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I know, i watched Elway his whole career, a brilliant career spent with the same team and finished with back to back super bowl wins anda Super Bowl MVP:)

Sometimes things just don't go your way... Bronco fans should use this moment to reflect, be happy about those championships, I really mean that. You guys got to experience something special... we however are watching hall-of-famers leave without rings...

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Jerry Rice was released and he was far better at his position than Elway was at his.

Rice was maybe the best NFL football player of all time, im a huge fan, so i wont argue with you on that, i have way too much respect for Jerry Rice, he was a winner, a hard worker and you never saw him crying about anything after a game, LT on the other hand......not so much.

SLVR and Black
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Sometimes things just don't go your way... Bronco fans should use this moment to reflect, be happy about those championships, I really mean that. You guys got to experience something special... we however are watching hall-of-famers leave without rings...I've heard it said that it takes an incredible amount of luck to win a SB, the stars just never quite lined up for Tomlinson. I really hope he retires -- he's had a fantastic career and he's a Charger, doing the whole Charger for a day thing next year after wearing another team's colors just wouldn't be right.

Freestyle
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Jerry Rice was released and he was far better at his position than Elway was at his.
Jerry Rice was no doubt GOAT but I think of him a little like Tony Dungy's record with Indy. He's a good one no doubt, but he got fat being in the right situation. Tons of quick slants, beating up on a weak division and getting the best of NFC squads in the playoffs built more to stop the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense is what I think of when I think of the 80's 49ers.

SLVR and Black
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Rice was maybe the best NFL football player of all time, im a huge fan, so i wont argue with you on that, i have way too much respect for Jerry Rice, he was a winner, a hard worker and you never saw him crying about anything after a game, LT on the other hand......not so much.Rice? C'mon dude, he cried after he was MVP in a SB because he didn't get to do the "I'm going to Disneyland thing"! Yes, he cried quite a bit and acted like a baby when he felt that he was wronged -- not so much in Oakland, but definitely during his time with SF.

theshiverman
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Rice? C'mon dude, he cried after he was MVP in a SB because he didn't get to do the "I'm going to Disneyland thing"! Yes, he cried quite a bit and acted like a baby when he felt that he was wronged -- not so much in Oakland, but definitely during his time with SF.

I dont remember that, but if he did, maybe he was crying because of the pain of carring around all those heavy super bowl rings on his fingers.

SLVR and Black
02-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Jerry Rice was no doubt GOAT but I think of him a little like Tony Dungy's record with Indy. He's a good one no doubt, but he got fat being in the right situation. Tons of quick slants, beating up on a weak division and getting the best of NFC squads in the playoffs built more to stop the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense is what I think of when I think of the 80's 49ers.The art of getting open is a pretty tough one to master and Rice had that down. He wasn't the fastest or the quickest but he always found a way to be the guy, even in heavy traffic. And before Rice, there really wasn't a YAC stat, he brought that into the game. While it's true that he benefited from having two HOF QB's and a system that featured the short pass, he would have been something special on any team.

Freestyle
02-22-2010, 08:10 PM
The art of getting open is a pretty tough one to master and Rice had that down. He wasn't the fastest or the quickest but he always found a way to be the guy, even in heavy traffic. And before Rice, there really wasn't a YAC stat, he brought that into the game. While it's true that he benefited from having two HOF QB's and a system that featured the short pass, he would have been something special on any team.
Oh yeah. His work ethic got him to where he was. It's just one of those situations where you look at those stats and go "wow"... and you can't help if they were inflated somehow.

Great player + great situation = super insane stats.

As I mentioned, take a look at Tony Dungy. The guy averaged like 12 wins a year the last 10 years. Is he really that good? Is he head and shoulders better then all those other HOF coaches? Well he's good, but everything just fell into place around him.

baphamet
02-22-2010, 09:30 PM
He was just too good.

you are not very football intelligent, are you? do i really need to explain to you the difference between QB's and RB's?

why is it that you see QB's play at a high level in the upper 30's but you never see any RB's?

this is indeed some very weak and ignorant smack.

baphamet
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Charger fans do suck, at least thats my humble opinion from all my interactions with them on this message board, and if they attack me so what, thats nothing new or earth shaking.

yet you make yourself look like a gigantic fool? it has nothing to do with being a broncos fan, its just you bro. :laugh:

Southstander
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
He was just too good.

Umm he retired first.

Beagle
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Rice? C'mon dude, he cried after he was MVP in a SB because he didn't get to do the "I'm going to Disneyland thing"! Yes, he cried quite a bit and acted like a baby when he felt that he was wronged -- not so much in Oakland, but definitely during his time with SF.

Yeap I rememeber that he pulled the race card. He also cried like a girl when Montana won the mvp the year before after driving them down the feild for the win no less He cited race that time too. Probably why he won it in 89 tbh. Montana had a great game too. He should have pulled the you guys always give it to the quarterback card instead wouldn't have been so much negitive drama.

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 06:57 AM
you are not very football intelligent, are you? do i really need to explain to you the difference between QB's and RB's?

why is it that you see QB's play at a high level in the upper 30's but you never see any RB's?

Im not comparing Elway with LT, that would be an insult to Elway..heh

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Umm he retired first.

Umm , on top too.

LSIGRAD09
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Well you are entitled to their opinion! While some do suck, most of the ones on here, while extremely abrasive to Denver fans, are mostly truthful.

They talk smack, but they have the evidence and facts to back it up, giving their opinions a ton of ground.
Others just attack you for being a Denver fan, those suck. However, some of us attack them for being Chargers fans, so they can pull the hypocrite card on us.

LSIGRAD09
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Heheheh, that's like comparing apples and oranges...or college and High school, or Philip Rivers and Kerry Collins.

licence_to_kill
02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Who's this Elway?

powderblues
02-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Who's this Elway?

Didn't you know?

Elway is a mythical figure who will beam down from the sky to save the Broncos.

Any time now...

SLVR and Black
02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Who's this Elway?
Uhmmm, hello? Jack Elway? He was head coach at San Jose State and Stanford??? Don't you Dolt fans know anything??? :goofy:

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Didn't you know?

Any time now...

Yes, and then the mythical figure of Dan Fouts will beam down in front of Elway and bend over and grab his ankles in front of his Master and Lord John Elway and Fouts will have the Strangest feeling of Deja Vu as he feels defeat once again.

JakeNbake
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes, and then the mythical figure of Dan Fouts will beam down in front of Elway and bend over and grab his ankles in front of his Master and Lord John Elway and Fouts will have the Strangest feeling of Deja Vu as he feels defeat once again.

That's rude and offensive. Thanks for ruining my lunch.

licence_to_kill
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Didn't you know?

Any time now...

Don't you mean Yahweh?

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 06:04 PM
That's rude and offensive. Thanks for ruining my lunch.

Never eat whilst reading the Smack Section, it will make your tummy hurt.

floridabroncos
02-24-2010, 01:44 AM
I heard Tomlinson even got dropped from the San Diego Seniors Fantasy Football Club Draft Board. I guess even the nearly dead women who knit in-between fantasy draft picks know dead wood when they see it.

floridabroncos
02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Didn't you know?

Any time now...

Kinda like the mythical figure that has won two Super Bowls for San Diego. Mythical in the sense that such a man doesn't freaking exist.

theshiverman
02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Kinda like the mythical figure that has won two Super Bowls for San Diego. Mythical in the sense that such a man doesn't freaking exist.

And may never exist , especially if the Chargers move to LA and win a Super Bowl, LA would have another world championship (LA Raiders) and San Diego will be left holding the bag looking stupid.