PDA

View Full Version : Now that he is not a Charger...

Incomplete84
02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
How many people who criticized LT as a Charger will now hope that he becomes a Bronco? And if he does and has some success what will you say? Or Even if he has success with another team, what will it be?

I am sticking to my guns but I think he could help Knowshon l2run.

Discuss...

jdubv724
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I wanted him last season before the draft when him and AJ Smith had a little feud.

I would pass on him now though.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
02-23-2010, 12:38 AM
How many people who criticized LT as a Charger will now hope that he becomes a Bronco? And if he does and has some success what will you say? Or Even if he has success with another team, what will it be?

Discuss...

LT was quoted as saying he would look to sign with a team that will be contending for a title & a team with an established leader at QB.

That pretty much scratches the Broncos off LT's list.

ACrum
02-23-2010, 01:37 AM
i almost guarantee he wont be a Bronco but id honestly like to see it.

Andyy_47
02-23-2010, 01:45 AM
I've never criticised his talent, but I have moaned about his whining on the bench. I would only have him in Denver as a mentor, but he's far more likely to take up that role in SD when he retires and they draft a RB.

SLVR and Black
02-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Since he's said that the only thing that he's after is a SB, and that he's looking for a team with an established, proven QB, I don't see anyway that he'd consider joining the Broncos. That being said, there's no friggin' way that I'd want to see him wearing a Raider uniform, he's far too many years removed from his prime.

PowderAddict
02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
LT was quoted as saying he would look to sign with a team that will be contending for a title & a team with an established leader at QB.

That pretty much scratches the Broncos off LT's list.

What's funny is that LT obviously feels that SD doesn't fit this criteria :laugh:

SLVR and Black
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
What's funny is that LT obviously feels that SD doesn't fit this criteria :laugh:Getting kicked off of a team kinda has a way of doing that. :smug:

CONWAY3900
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
since he's said that the only thing that he's after is a sb, and that he's looking for a team with an established, proven qb, i don't see anyway that he'd consider joining the broncos. That being said, there's no friggin' way that i'd want to see him wearing a raider uniform, he's far too many years removed from his prime.

as a die hard bronco fan, i would love to see lt go to that {sess pool of failure} raider nation, lt whins so much he deserves to be a raider. I mean isnt that wear nfl players go when they on there last leg, the raiders finish careers, not resurrect them, um lets see, javon walker done, warren sapp done, richard seymore about to be done, ad lt always talked trsh about denver, so he can finish his career without a championship, and i could be no happier!!!

SLVR and Black
02-23-2010, 09:11 AM
as a die hard bronco fan, i would love to see lt go to that {sess pool of failure} raider nation, lt whins so much he deserves to be a raider. I mean isnt that wear nfl players go when they on there last leg, the raiders finish careers, not resurrect them, um lets see, javon walker done, warren sapp done, richard seymore about to be done, ad lt always talked trsh about denver, so he can finish his career without a championship, and i could be no happier!!!
For every failure, there are success stories like Rich Gannon and Jerry Rice. Seymour is still a beast and has a few good years left, unlike Derek Burgess, whom he replaced.

And BTW, Tomlinson would look great with wearing blue and orange. :thumb:

CONWAY3900
02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
:helmet::helmet:
Since he's said that the only thing that he's after is a SB, and that he's looking for a team with an established, proven QB, I don't see anyway that he'd consider joining the Broncos. That being said, there's no friggin' way that I'd want to see him wearing a Raider uniform, he's far too many years removed from his prime.

AS A DIE HARD BRONCO FAN, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE LT GO TO THAT {SESS POOL OF FAILURE} RAIDER NATION, LT WHINS SO MUCH HE DESERVES TO BE A RAIDER. I MEAN ISNT THAT WEAR NFL PLAYERS GO WHEN THEY ON THERE LAST LEG, THE RAIDERS FINISH CAREERS, NOT RESURRECT THEM, UM LETS SEE, JAVON WALKER DONE, WARREN SAPP DONE, RICHARD SEYMORE ABOUT TO BE DONE, AD LT ALWAYS TALKED TRSH ABOUT DENVER, SO HE CAN FINISH HIS CAREER WITHOUT A CHAMPIONSHIP, AND I COULD BE NO HAPPIER!!!

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I dont want him, he is hitting the wall, id rather have a good rookie runner in the draft to go along with Knowshon or a young FA runner

I love what Buckhalter brings but he is just way to injury prone.
Im still backing Knowshon, i just think he will get even better after that rookie season is under his belt, and they could help him by passing downfield more in season 2 so teams wont stack the line.
I like Hillis but it looks like he is in McD's doghouse and maybe on his way to the Redskins.
Lamont Jordan is not very good anymore and he needs to be cut.

garzjoe
02-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I think everyone is underestimating what LT can bring to the table. Sure he is not the LT of old and will not be the primary guy toting the rock, however he can be a very good complimentary back to what ever team he lands with. Plus the dude can catch the ball out of the backfield…great 3rd down back. So what ever team he lands on will be happy with him in my opinion. Not sure if McDaniel’s is interested in him or not but I for one would welcome him to the Broncos with open arms and I think he could help Moreno out.

Thx,
Joe

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Even the Texans have said 'No Thanks' to LT

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/02/dont_expect_texans_to_sign_tom.html

As they do with every player, the Texans have done their homework on veteran NFL running backs, including LaDainian Tomlinson, who was waived by San Diego today. The Texans need a running back, but they want young and hungry, not a back looking for one last contract.

Two weeks ago, owner Bob McNair said the Texans look at free agents who are on their way up. That rules out Tomlinson.

If i were LT i wouldnt want to go to the Texans anyway, id want to go to a contender and try to piggy back my way to an easy Ring, Saints, Giants, Vikes, Steelers, Colts or maybe even Pats, those are the teams LT should be looking at, problem is, will they be looking at him?

22cannon
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
If i were LT i wouldnt want to go to the Texans anyway, id want to go to a contender and try to piggy back my way to an easy Ring, Saints, Giants, Vikes, Steelers, Colts or maybe even Pats, those are the teams LT should be looking at, problem is, will they be looking at him?

The Pats need to replace Fred taylor and what he was supposed to bring to the table.

LT would have to give up his dreams of big paychecks though

baphamet
02-23-2010, 10:19 AM
i don't see any team picking him up to be honest, not for what he is demanding at least.

the only way i see as team doing ot is to sell jerseys and seats but then again, those types of teams don't usually have established QB's and are playoff contenders.

LSIGRAD09
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
He's probably going to the Patriots, I can see him in no way on Denver, wouldn't work.......maybe the Colts???

yamwr250
02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
After he called the Pats classless and called Belichick a cheater, I really don't see him going there. Actually I really believe he has made quite a few bad comments about class and sportsmanship about a lot of teams that have beat the Bolts in the past for various reasons. I also don't see him going to the Vikings after saying how he is a better back than A.P. I'm probably wrong, but I think in a lot of locker rooms he might be more of a cancer than a leader due to his past comments. I guess he never thought he'd be let go by the Chargers...

TH3JUICEMAN
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I say he retires........or ends up on the Redskins! You heard it here first

licence_to_kill
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
After he called the Pats classless and called Belichick a cheater, I really don't see him going there. Actually I really believe he has made quite a few bad comments about class and sportsmanship about a lot of teams that have beat the Bolts in the past for various reasons. I also don't see him going to the Vikings after saying how he is a better back than A.P. I'm probably wrong, but I think in a lot of locker rooms he might be more of a cancer than a leader due to his past comments. I guess he never thought he'd be let go by the Chargers...

Whats funny is that the next season everything LT said about the pats came true. (them being classless cheaters that is)

Lyghts Out
02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Even the Texans have said 'No Thanks' to LT

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/02/dont_expect_texans_to_sign_tom.html

LT may be enough of a difference to make the Texans a contender.....may be. Not to mention he is from Texas, so he could ride off into the Sunset at home. Too bad....I wouldnt have minded seeing him there.....

..........he'll retire before he takes another snap.

BoltNut
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
He's probably going to the Patriots, I can see him in no way on Denver, wouldn't work.......maybe the Colts???

He'd probably take $25.00 a game to play on the Colts. I just doubt it will happen.

Hoserman117
02-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I bet Jacksonville makes a push for him. They're gonna do whatever they can to sell tickets.

yamwr250
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
"Whats funny is that the next season everything LT said about the pats came true. (them being classless cheaters that is)"

I agree 100%. I was just making a point that Tomlinson never held back his feelings about other teams. I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing. But I think in the process he might have limited the places that might be available to him as an FA. However the NFL is a business afterall so the fans in places like NE might forget it if they thing they might be able to stockpile another Lombardi trophy.

theshiverman
02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
LT may be enough of a difference to make the Texans a contender.....may be. Not to mention he is from Texas, so he could ride off into the Sunset at home. Too bad....I wouldnt have minded seeing him there.....

..........he'll retire before he takes another snap.

He wasent enough to make the Chargers a contender, no way he does anything for the Texans.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
What's funny is that LT obviously feels that SD doesn't fit this criteria :laugh:

Actually LT has stated many times Rivers has become the New Leader of the Chargers....And as for him picking us....He wasnt given that opportunity now was he??? :salute:

SLVR and Black
02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Actually LT has stated many times Rivers has become the New Leader of the Chargers....And as for him picking us....He wasnt given that opportunity now was he??? :salute:He said earlier that he wouldn't consider a salary reduction, I'm guessing that he didn't start that conversation. He was probably given the opportunity to stay at a reduced price and rejected the idea.

MileHighStud
02-23-2010, 11:13 PM

Discuss...

I would welcome him here with open arms, he is great!

Incomplete84
02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Do you see LT having the Tiki Barber effect on the Chargers? Will his release be what was needed to get the Chargers over the hump?

Boltheads
02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Do you see LT having the Tiki Barber effect on the Chargers? Will his release be what was needed to get the Chargers over the hump?I was going to quote another poster on this same point, but I think you were more direct. While maybe not a "cancer" in the locker room, LT has been a "distraction". I think Spanos and AJ kept him around a year to long to appease fans (myself included) and Turner felt obligated to "feature" him as much as possible.

I know you don't want to be a one demensional offense, but it was clear by mid-season that LT didn't have "it" anymore. Part of it was him losing a step and part of it was the O-Line. But clearly, he should not have been give the ball that many times on first down against the JETs.

Incomplete84
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
I was going to quote another poster on this same point, but I think you were more direct. While maybe not a "cancer" in the locker room, LT has been a "distraction". I think Spanos and AJ kept him around a year to long to appease fans (myself included) and Turner felt obligated to "feature" him as much as possible.

I know you don't want to be a one demensional offense, but it was clear by mid-season that LT didn't have "it" anymore. Part of it was him losing a step and part of it was the O-Line. But clearly, he should not have been give the ball that many times on first down against the JETs.

If the Chargers get their first ring this upcoming year without LT, I would actually feel bad for him. I wonder if they would do what the Colts did with Edge and offer him a ring anyways. Wouldnt be the same but no one can deny what he did for the Chargers the past 9 years (years might be off)

jazzbodog
02-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Discuss...

Remember when Tony Dorsett left the Cowboys and became a Bronco for one year in 1989? He really didn't have much gas left in the tank. LT may be able to contribute a little better than Dorsett did, but....

jazzbodog
02-24-2010, 08:34 PM

Don't forget Lyle Alsado and Bill Romanowski fading out of football in Oakland.

BoltNut
02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I was going to quote another poster on this same point, but I think you were more direct. While maybe not a "cancer" in the locker room, LT has been a "distraction". I think Spanos and AJ kept him around a year to long to appease fans (myself included) and Turner felt obligated to "feature" him as much as possible.

I know you don't want to be a one dimensional offense, but it was clear by mid-season that LT didn't have "it" anymore. Part of it was him losing a step and part of it was the O-Line. But clearly, he should not have been given the ball that many times on first down against the JETs.

I hear what you are saying and feel that I understand where you are coming from. My concerns are with LT being a "distraction" and Norv feeling "obligated" to feature him. The way I see things, LT may have tried to point out reasons why this team has fallen short so many times. LT may now be gone, but the "cancers" remain. Regarding Norv, it appears to me that you may be correct because the way he used LT, it seemed it was more out of a sense of "obligation" that he designed his running game. By design, it was doomed to failure. The line got absolutely no push and the blocking schemes were anemic. I just feel that Norv's system "features" the pass and only "acknowledges" the run. This, to me at least, is the reason for LT's "lack of production".

baphamet
02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Do you see LT having the Tiki Barber effect on the Chargers? Will his release be what was needed to get the Chargers over the hump?

not unless the chargers somehow adopt a top 5 running game and defense next year, like the giants had...... if that happens then hell yes i do!

Broncoyearound
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I would not want LT on the team. His best days are gone but I may have lied a little. I'd take him on the team only because it would make the next game between the Broncos and Chargers that much more "Exciting" Other than that I would pass. It would be ironic though if we got Lt I can only imagine the boards lol.