PDA

View Full Version : LT's Farewell Press Conference

Fargo
02-24-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-chargers/09000d5d8169241f/L-T-gets-emotional

Guess he does cry. He's got a ton of spirit though. Big mental loss for the Chargers.

Andyy_47
02-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I see nothing wrong with a guy wearing his emotions on his sleeve off the field.

LT has always been a classy guy, and I hope he goes on and wins a ring, he deserves it. Good luck to him and his family.

ERoyal248
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I see nothing wrong with a guy wearing his emotions on his sleeve off the field.

LT has always been a classy guy, and I hope he goes on and wins a ring, he deserves it. Good luck to him and his family.

Yeah, i agree. LT is a class act and deserves a ring, i hope where ever he goes he gets that. Rumor has it Drew Brees wants him with the Saints.

Andyy_47
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, i agree. LT is a class act and deserves a ring, i hope where ever he goes he gets that. Rumor has it Drew Brees wants him with the Saints.

He openly expressed so on Twitter. Another huge lift to NO. He'd play for free there I think!!

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Very respectable guy... he definitely deserves to be in the HoF. It would be really nice to see him get a ring before his career ends.

Boltheads
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-chargers/09000d5d8169241f/L-T-gets-emotional

Guess he does cry. He's got a ton of spirit though. Big mental loss for the Chargers.
Thanks for the post Fargo and the class that you and 80% of the Broncos fans have shown towards his departure.

9 years, 5 Division Titles, HOF career......yet no Championship to show for it at the end of the day. Even if he goes to another team (which I still highly doubt), he won't be the center piece of the offense so it will never be the same.

Golden opportunities were missed in '04 and '09. The only thing that would make this worse for him is if the Chagers win one without him in the next two years.

Very sad day :sad:

TheBroncoEra
02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Out of all the guys I respect in the NFL LT is high on my list, he's been a great back throughout his career and a ring is only fitting and fair. Sure he's not as great as he once was but sometimes all players need is a change of pace to be great again, so I hope wherever he goes he can get the ring he deserves. :salute!:

RaiderFanSD
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Meh, I lost a bit of respect for him when he threw some of his teammates and Norv under the bus. It may have been true, but you don't do things like that if your such a "classy guy".

BoltNut
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks to all who have posted such classy remarks about LT. I am in a state of mourning right now and still find it hard to believe he is no longer a Charger. He brought so much to this team and community. Every time I hear the line that "football is a business and this was a business decision", it makes me want to puke. I feel like my heart has been ripped out.

Andyy_47
02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks to all who have posted such classy remarks about LT. I am in a state of mourning right now and still find it hard to believe he is no longer a Charger. He brought so much to this team and community. Every time I hear the line that "football is a business and this was a business decision", it makes me want to puke. I feel like my heart has been ripped out.

I feel the same way about the (past and potential) tradings of Cutler and Marshall. It's football and it's for the good of the team, but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

Obviously LT's impact on SD far exceeds either Cutler or Marshall, but the emotional connection is still strong. I feel disappointed for the true San Diego fans who would have loved to have seen him retire a Charger.

BoltNut
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Meh, I lost a bit of respect for him when he threw some of his teammates and Norv under the bus. It may have been true, but you don't do things like that if your such a "classy guy".

The only ones he may remotely have "thrown under the bus" were guys that had no heart. The only thing he said regarding Norv was that in his system, the run was secondary compared to when Marty was here. He was stating fact. I think if you asked the players what they thought of LT, few would say that he disrespected any of them. The ones that do most likely deserved it. I look forward to their swift departure.

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the post Fargo and the class that you and 80% of the Broncos fans have shown towards his departure.

9 years, 5 Division Titles, HOF career......yet no Championship to show for it at the end of the day. Even if he goes to another team (which I still highly doubt), he won't be the center piece of the offense so it will never be the same.

Golden opportunities were missed in '04 and '09. The only thing that would make this worse for him is if the Chagers win one without him in the next two years.

Very sad day :sad:

:laugh: Made me laugh.

Starbroncs
02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I have lost a lot of respect for him recently. I used to think he was awesome but theres been quite a few times where he said something along the lines of "im a classy guy" which kind of screams "please like me!". Theres also been so many whiny moments for him in the past 3-4 years im not sure how I view him now.

Broncoyearound
02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Well I for one am sad to see the guy go. When you play your whole career in one place you kind of hope he finishes there. LT was a phenom through the years he only had the wrong jersey on as far as I'm concerned. Anyways I wish him well and a lot of success wherever he winds up. SD I can only imagine how you guys are feeling right now losing someone who changed the culture there as much as he has. Good luck to you guys in finding the next great back just don't do that too fast.

DevilSpawn
02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Some reporter made him promise the Chargers fans that he won't be a Raider. :laugh: Ah I love press like that. :smug:

I laugh when athletes and coaches cry. Even those on my teams. I call it the _ick Vermiel Feel Good Moment. But I also know what they're going through. And for him to leave what has been his career, his life, his passions, the foundations, the building of the franchise, ect. He's a very good man, just says the wrong thing at times that all athletes feel but often keep to themselves.

Hoserman117
02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
lol lt suks stupid dolt fans

moreno > lt

Just kiddin ;) Classy guy, glad he's not playing for the Chargers anymore :D

baphamet
02-24-2010, 11:40 PM
you can call me a panty waist but i seriously almost teared up watching that press conference.

LT is the man, i don't care what team he goes to (or if he does) i will always be an LT fan.

jcdavey
02-25-2010, 02:26 AM

LT has always been a classy guy, and I hope he goes on and wins a ring, he deserves it. Good luck to him and his family.you have gotta be joking, the guy who had to tell the media that he's a 'classy guy'

wow some of you bronco fans sure have gone hypocrite again

RaiderFanSD
02-25-2010, 04:29 AM
you have gotta be joking, the guy who had to tell the media that he's a 'classy guy'

Tell us how you really feel!

Andyy_47
02-25-2010, 06:25 AM
you have gotta be joking, the guy who had to tell the media that he's a 'classy guy'

I'm not kidding. I know your referring to the Patriots game when Ellis Hobbs did the Merriman sack dance.

He overreacted, he was distraught his team failed, again, to get over the hump and get to the superbowl.

Anyone in football will tell you that he's a credit to the sport and to the city of San Diego.

PowderAddict
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey, I cried along with Elway when he retired.

There are 3 times in a man's life it's perfectly acceptable to cry:

1. When your dog dies.
2. When your daughter gets married.
3. When John Elway retires (or LT is kicked off the team for charger fans).

Boltheads
02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey, I cried along with Elway when he retired.

There are 3 times in a man's life it's perfectly acceptable to cry:

1. When your dog dies.
2. When your daughter gets married.
3. When John Elway retires (or LT is kicked off the team for charger fans).Elway retired? I thought the Broncos just ran out of ways to circumvent the salary cap :cheeky:

PowderAddict
02-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Elway retired? I thought the Broncos just ran out of ways to circumvent the salary cap :cheeky:

Elway walked off into the sunset a 2 in a row superbowl champ, and superbowl MVP.

It couldn't have been a more perfect, fitting end to a great career.

Beagle
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Elway retired? I thought the Broncos just ran out of ways to circumvent the salary cap :cheeky:

Elway actually took way less money in his last 5 years to build a team around him that statement is ridiculas. Neil Smith even mentioned it was Elway taking a pay cut so that Denver could sign Neil.The league approved all the defered money and later said they had been wrong and fined us..blame the league not the Broncos.

Chargers fans in thier frustration at not being able to win in the playoffs are starting to sound like Al Davis.

Boltheads
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
seeing how Elway actually took way less money in his last 5 years to build a team around him that statement is ridiculas. Neil Smith even mentioned it was Elway taking a pay cut so that Denver could sign Neil.Dude....it was joke. Relax.

:cheeky: = messing around

Boltheads
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Elway walked off into the sunset a 2 in a row superbowl champ, and superbowl MVP.

It couldn't have been a more perfect, fitting end to a great career.See Beagle....this is an example of how you respond to sarcasam. Great retort and didn't get his panties in a wad. In fact, he "one upped" me. Well done PA.

PowderAddict
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
See Beagle....this is an example of how you respond to sarcasam. Great retort and didn't get his panties in a wad. In fact, he "one upped" me. Well done PA.

:salute:

:laugh:

Some situations call for a sledgehammer *cough*ROD*cough*, others call for a more subtle approach.

For the record, as much fun as the sledgehammer smack is, I get much more satisfaction in the the more subtle approach :D