PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a comment from Charlie Brown on the Ben Watson signing?

LightningRodBob
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I thought the Browns didn't need a TE? Haha

Your TE's last year:

Evan Moore: 12 catches for 158 yards, 0 TD's
Robert Royal: 11 catches for 134 yards, 1 TD
Steve Heiden:10 catches for 73 yards, 1 TD
Michael Gaines: 5 catches for 59 yards, 1 TD
Greg Estandia: 4 catches for 45 yards, 0 TD's

Charlie Brown
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Your TE's last year:

When I made those posts they were written in a time period when they had a guy named Steve Heiden on the roster. Guess what happened today?

Well, here is the link.

Browns release tight end Steve Heiden (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_release_tight.html)

One day the TE are just fine because they have Heiden on the team. Then the next day they relase Heiden. I made those posts when the Browns had Steve Heiden on the team.

-Rod-
03-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, Heiden is 34 and spent two seasons on injured reserve. I guess Ben Watson is an improvement. But they gave the guy $12 million.

bronx_2003
03-12-2010, 07:12 PM
When I made those posts they were written in a time period when they had a guy named Steve Heiden on the roster. Guess what happened today?

Well, here is the link.

Browns release tight end Steve Heiden (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_release_tight.html)

One day the TE are just fine because they have Heiden on the team. Then the next day they relase Heiden. I made those posts when the Browns had Steve Heiden on the team.

but you still said the Browns are set with these TE's, you never said an upgrade was needed and clearly with 12 MIL spent on Watson, it was

LightningRodBob
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Well, here is the link.

Ahh yes, Steve Heiden. He of 10 catches for 73 yards last year. Now I see what you were saying. With him on the roster, there's no way you needed improvement at the tight end position

I know you have some good blocking TE's on the roster but this move gives you somebody who can actually catch the ball and make plays offensively.

Frenchy180
03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
While he did state pretty adamantly that Watson wouldn't be a brown I see no reason to call him out like this... It's not the smack forum and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate if someone called you out in a thread title.

Charlie Brown
03-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Ahh yes, Steve Heiden. He of 10 catches for 73 yards last year. Now I see what you were saying. With him on the roster, there's no way you needed improvement at the tight end position

Heiden was injured last year. That is why he had 10 catches last year. On average he had 30-40 each season - that included when Winslow was on the team.

I know you have some good blocking TE's on the roster but this move gives you somebody who can actually catch the ball and make plays offensively.

Evan Moore could do that if given the chance. He played very well last year in reserve.

While he did state pretty adamantly that Watson wouldn't be a brown I see no reason to call him out like this...

Thank you Frenchy. But just to let you know, I wasn't adamantly against Watson. I was adamantly against Scheffler. Hopefully now that annoying Scheffler to Cleveland junk will stop.

BroncoManiac_69
03-13-2010, 03:02 AM

Your TE's last year:

This group as a year total proves Cleveland needs a big time receiver. You Brown fans want Marshall? :laugh:

I kinda like Moore to be honest and just not by these numbers but he had limited play time. Give him more playbook reads and he could become something they need.

theshiverman
03-13-2010, 01:55 PM
A complete TE is very important for a West Coast Offense, and now the Browns have a very good one, Holmgren is starting to build the team up in his image, this is good news for long suffering Brown fans.

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-16-2010, 11:54 AM
This group as a year total proves Cleveland needs a big time receiver. You Brown fans want Marshall? :laugh:

I kinda like Moore to be honest and just not by these numbers but he had limited play time. Give him more playbook reads and he could become something they need.They want Marshall,wow.Marshall and Ben Watson sounds intriging.I cant believe Marshall wasnt involved in the Brady Quinn trade.McDaniels is amazing to pull that trade off for a little bit or nothing.