PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn >>>> Philip Rivers

Boltheads
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Okay...........NOT.......but no doubt some Donkey fan is going to start a Quinn's Army in.........3.........2........1.......

theshiverman
03-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Okay...........NOT.......but no doubt some Donkey fan is going to start a Quinn's Army in.........3.........2........1.......

I think he could be a better QB then Orton, but who really knows for sure, i would have rather drafted a rookie but at least this will end the Simms era in Denver.

LordTrychon
03-14-2010, 03:02 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

:td:

:logo:

:salute!:

CTM
03-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Haha when I saw this thread title I was about to do a :doh:

But then I see its from a Bolts fan and done in humor. I got a chuckle lol.

baphamet
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
orton.......quinn.....doesn't really matter....neither one can hold a candle to rivers. :coffee:

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:07 PM
orton.......quinn.....doesn't really matter....neither one can hold a candle to rivers. :coffee:

Lol.......................

This is true..........

:coffee:

baphamet
03-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I think he could be a better QB then Orton, but who really knows for sure, i would have rather drafted a rookie but at least this will end the Simms era in Denver.

i think he can definitely be better than orton, is he already familiar with mcd offense? being a notre dame/weis guy?

Starbroncs
03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
nobody really thinks quinn is going to be great. Most bronco posters would agree he most likely backs up orton this year, the browns obviously didnt care for him considering they didnt give him much of a chance and gave him away for next to nothing.

I guess theres a small chance he can be the future qb of the broncos, but more likely he will be a career backup.

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
The real news is

Quinn > Brandy > Rusty Nail > Dirt> Simms.

WhoDeyBengals
03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
It should be fun watching Quinn launch bombs five yards out of bounds for a different team.

This trade makes me sad. :(

ChargersDivison
03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I actually like Quinn and think he can be a stud. He's better than Orton.

Quinn carved up our defense.

kishzilla
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I actually like Quinn and think he can be a stud. He's better than Orton.

Quinn carved up our defense.

ROD must be hittin the sauce... That was a denver player complimentary post with team-depricating comments towards the Chargers.

I think this was a no brainer trade for us and I was pulling for a Quinn trade last year's offseason for Quinn, Rodgers and a draft pick from Cleavland in exchange for Cutler (At that time there was talks in that regard).

Top ten in NCAA Division I history in career pass attempts (ranked seventh), passing yards (ranked tenth) and touchdown passes (ranked ninth) or his last season in college with 37 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions and winning the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award or breaking records at Notre Dame in nearly every category, for a guy that McD refuses to play anyways and a couple late round picks that we will make up for over the next couple offseasons anyhow.

Yeah, I see no problem with this trade.

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:43 PM
ROD must be hittin the sauce... That was a denver player complimentary post with team-depricating comments towards the Chargers.

I think this was a no brainer trade for us and I was pulling for a Quinn trade last year's offseason for Quinn, Rodgers and a draft pick from Cleavland in exchange for Cutler (At that time there was talks in that regard).

Top ten in NCAA Division I history in career pass attempts (ranked seventh), passing yards (ranked tenth) and touchdown passes (ranked ninth) or his last season in college with 37 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions and winning the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award or breaking records at Notre Dame in nearly every category, for a guy that McD refuses to play anyways and a couple late round picks that we will make up for over the next couple offseasons anyhow.

Rod just hasn't seen him in a Denver Uni yet.

DevilSpawn
03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
From what I saw in his career thus far, he looks like a good QB, but not a winner in the NFL. I could be wrong.

gorky
03-14-2010, 03:52 PM

You have to treasure this CD & Quinn moment.

It was the last nice thing he will ever say about him...

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:54 PM
From what I saw in his career thus far, he looks like a good QB, but not a winner in the NFL. I could be wrong.

The Broncos are turning into a hotdog eating championship team. We're going to trade Orton for Sanchez. I'll give you Quinn for J-Russel. I hear he can pound hot dogs.

DevilSpawn
03-14-2010, 04:02 PM
The Broncos are turning into a hotdog eating championship team. We're going to trade Orton for Sanchez. I'll give you Quinn for J-Russel. I hear he can pound hot dogs.
As long as Russell plays in Mile High, I'm all for it. He has to get that one token win to keep his swagga on.

By pounding hot dogs, I hope you meant... nah never mind. :eek:

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 04:27 PM
As long as Russell plays in Mile High, I'm all for it. He has to get that one token win to keep his swagga on.

By pounding hot dogs, I hope you meant... nah never mind. :eek:

Ooops..... Yeah I meant eating them......

not really though.

WhoDeyBengals
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Hahahahaha!!! (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=163874)
You sure called that one. Good prediction! :beer:

thinkin101
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
nobody really thinks quinn is going to be great. Most bronco posters would agree he most likely backs up orton this year, the browns obviously didnt care for him considering they didnt give him much of a chance and gave him away for next to nothing.I guess theres a small chance he can be the future qb of the broncos, but more likely he will be a career backup.

Cleveland is where Quarterbacks go to die. Quinn now has a chance to flourish. :salute:

kishzilla
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
What I think is even better about this trade is the Browns could have had Cutler for quinn at one point, now we got him for a scrubbed FB and a couple late round draft picks ha ha.

Sync
03-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Hahahahaha!!! (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=163874)
You sure called that one. Good prediction! :beer: There was a club for Kern last year. This one was an easy call.

ItalianBronco
03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
What I think is even better about this trade is the Browns could have had Cutler for quinn at one point, now we got him for a scrubbed FB and a couple late round draft picks ha ha.

Lucky you didn't post that in GD...You would be FLAMMED instantly...

You dont know he was the next TD...

bears6385
03-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Okay...........NOT.......but no doubt some Donkey fan is going to start a Quinn's Army in.........3.........2........1.......Nah you already have an Orton's Army.........but Quinn's Air Force, now that has a ring to it.

chazoe60
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Rivers is obviously the better QB, but I will say this: Our QB can whoop your QB's ass. I really think Brady would wipe the floor with Philip in a fight.:laugh:

jazzbodog
03-14-2010, 07:58 PM

And the comparison to Rivers means what????? What is your point? Another hollow, meaningless statement from Baph the closet Bronco fan.

How about this. Rivers can't hold a candle to Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre....

Ouch! That's got to hurt!

RaiderFanSD
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Just gonna tell it like it is..

Gradkowski > Rivers > Orton > Cassell > Quinn > Russell

:P

Chillez
03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Rivers is obviously the better QB, but I will say this: Our QB can whoop your QB's ass. I really think Brady would wipe the floor with Philip in a fight.:laugh:

Agreed!! :laugh:

ChargersDivison
03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
And the comparison to Rivers means what????? What is your point? Another hollow, meaningless statement from Baph the closet Bronco fan.

How about this. Rivers can't hold a candle to Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre....

Ouch! That's got to hurt!

You are right, he's better than all of them and he's proven that unequivocally the past 2 years.

OUCH!

gorky
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM

:D

But in all seriousness, Quinn does have Rivers in a few categories:
Rushing ability, Scrambling agility, Arm strength...

Wait a minute, haven't we had this discussion before 2 years ago?

baphamet
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
And the comparison to Rivers means what?????

that he is better than what you got and ever had since elway retired? don't cry about it, i was just staying on topic. :P

by the way, rivers is far closer to those guys you mentioned than orton/quinn is to rivers. in fact, most people would put rivers in the top 5 along with those guys. :coffee:

toddincali
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Speaking of "Cry me a Rivers", if he's so good..how come he has no jewelry on his fingers? 2 other Quarterbacks drafted the same year as cry baby have Superbowl bling..EVEN EX CHARGER DREW BREES has something to show! Every year the bolts are suppose to make it all the way..TIME HAS RUN OUT! Maybe the Chargers should bring back Stan Humpfrees to try and make it back to the Superbowl!

ChargersDivison
03-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Speaking of "Cry me a Rivers", if he's so good..how come he has no jewelry on his fingers? 2 other Quarterbacks drafted the same year as cry baby have Superbowl bling..EVEN EX CHARGER DREW BREES has something to show! Every year the bolts are suppose to make it all the way..TIME HAS RUN OUT! Maybe the Chargers should bring back Stan Humpfrees to try and make it back to the Superbowl!

Time has run out?? LOL time has just started. Time is far from run out on SD and Rivers.

Skill and talent is not measured by rings. Success is, learn the difference.

LoBoE1
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM
your san diego team reminds me of the movie groundhog's day. instead of the same thing every day its the same thing every year. how do u have so much talent but yet choke when victory is needed. get one ring then talk. a superbowl win is what a player wants and needs to be a true legend. at least we are the chosen few who have back to back superbowls. just like when the slower manning was drafted by SD he said, "trade me".....hahahaha....

jhildebrand
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Sheesh. I have nothing here. I can't even say Quinn > Orton :sad:

kmcgough25
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Sheesh. I have nothing here. I can't even say Quinn > Orton :sad:

In arm wrestling, man. In arm wrestling:doh:

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Sheesh. I have nothing here. I can't even say Quinn > Orton :sad:What's going through Orton's head right now?

CHARGER$
03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
LOL @ the brady bunch, you bronco fans crack me up:clap:

LSIGRAD09
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Time has run out?? LOL time has just started. Time is far from run out on SD and Rivers.

Despite the fact I don't like this guy, he's right. Peyton manning was what, drafted in 98? And he is still kicking.
And Rivers was ..........2004?
Hehe, unless our D knows how to stop him, he will be plaguing us for a while.

LSIGRAD09
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Hehe, it's actually the Brady Battalion.

supercharg'd
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Rivers is hardly an issue... He's the reason we're gonna be contenders for years to come. And I don't really get the crybaby thing, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Quinn can be > Orton under the right circumstances. But neither are even close to Philip's status. ;)

joeknox
03-15-2010, 02:42 PM

i think their on the same boat when it comes down to superbowls:P

joeknox
03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Rivers is hardly an issue... He's the reason we're gonna be contenders for years to come. And I don't really get the crybaby thing, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Quinn can be > Orton under the right circumstances. But neither are even close to Philip's status. ;)

settleing for being a contender is one thing...winning is another

you cant win it without a team behind you...rivers should ask marino about that..dan always had the talent to make the fins a contender..just didnt have the team to make it happen

but as long as the lable contender is satisfactory for you :salute:

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 03:01 PM
settleing for being a contender is one thing...winning is another

you cant win it without a team behind you...rivers should ask marino about that..dan always had the talent to make the fins a contender..just didnt have the team to make it happen

but as long as the lable contender is satisfactory for you :salute:Definitely not satisfactory.....and it gets harder each year. But, I like starting each new season as a contender and then making the playoffs - at least I know we have a shot (even if we haven't capitalized on it yet).

Denver on the other hand is not a contender and does not make the playoffs. But, as long as you are satisfied with your SBs from the 90s. It just seems to me that at some point you would be vested in your current team.

joeknox
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Definitely not satisfactory.....and it gets harder each year. But, I like starting each new season as a contender and then making the playoffs - at least I know we have a shot (even if we haven't capitalized on it yet).

Denver on the other hand is not a contender and does not make the playoffs. But, as long as you are satisfied with your SBs from the 90s. It just seems to me that at some point you would be vested in your current team.

no when and if my team is labeled as a true contender i expect them to prove it..and not be satisfied with simply winning the weak division

surely your not satisfied with being the pre season concencus afc superbowl fav..and watching another team play the game..i mean since 2004 you have been the early fav...five seasons!!! with two of those seasons ending as the #1-#2 team and homefield advantage

and still sat home like the rest of us while another team represented the afc

its like saying your gonna marry a 10...and then ending up with a girl you dont like with a great bod but a fugly face ...and being happy about it...your not truely happy unless you get your ten

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Skill and talent is not measured by rings. Success is, learn the difference.And, in the NFL, success is measured by rings. Seriously ROD, you're making this way, way too easy. :peace:

Boltz17
03-15-2010, 04:41 PM
And, in the NFL, success is measured by rings. Seriously ROD, you're making this way, way too easy. :peace:

Jim Kelly Failure, Dan Marino Failure, Barry Sanders Failure, Bruce Smith Failure, Eric ****erson Failure, Fran Tarkenton Failure, **** Butkus Failure, Merlin Olson Failure, Deacon Jones Failure, Warren Moon Failure, Anthony Munoz Failure, Earl Campbell Failure, Chris Carter Failure, Dan Fouts Failure.......................

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Jim Kelly Failure, Dan Marino Failure, Barry Sanders Failure, Bruce Smith Failure, Eric ****erson Failure, Fran Tarkenton Failure, **** Butkus Failure, Merlin Olson Failure, Deacon Jones Failure, Warren Moon Failure, Anthony Munoz Failure, Earl Campbell Failure, Chris Carter Failure, Dan Fouts Failure.......................I don't think S_N_B is saying players without rings are "failures". For me at least, success in this league is both. Right or wrong, players are defined by winning Championships. We all know that Rivers is a better QB than Big Ben or Lil' Manning. But, they both have not only been to the Big Game, but they won it. That's it. Rivers can throw for 100,000 yards and it won't mean jack......unless he wins a ring.

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't think S_N_B is saying players without rings are "failures". For me at least, success in this league is both. Right or wrong, players are defined by winning Championships. We all know that Rivers is a better QB than Big Ben or Lil' Manning. But, they both have not only been to the Big Game, but they won it. That's it. Rivers can throw for 100,000 yards and it won't mean jack......unless he wins a ring.
It's sad, but true. I'm sure that Rivers can go down as the greatest QB ever, but without the ring, he'll never be completely satisfied with what he's accomplished.

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
no when and if my team is labeled as a true contender i expect them to prove it..and not be satisfied with simply winning the weak division

surely your not satisfied with being the pre season concencus afc superbowl fav..and watching another team play the game..i mean since 2004 you have been the early fav...five seasons!!! with two of those seasons ending as the #1-#2 team and homefield advantage

and still sat home like the rest of us while another team represented the afc What part of "definitely not satisfied" didn't you get. I am not happy to flame out in the playoffs year in and year out.

But, if you think for one moment that all teams sit at home "like the rest of us".....you're nothing more than a homer. We all know that some teams get eliminated in the playoffs and need a tweak or two. Other teams missed the playoffs because they have major flaws.....like finishing the season 2-8.

Think about it.

Alcaeus15
03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
It's sad, but true. I'm sure that Rivers can go down as the greatest QB ever, but without the ring, he'll never be completely satisfied with what he's accomplished.

I think Dan Marino agrees

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I think Dan Marino agreesAs much as I disliked Elway, I was really glad to see him go out the way that he did. He was a great QB, his leaving the game without a ring or two just didn't seem right.

Hehe, Bubby Brister. :D

baphamet
03-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Jim Kelly Failure, Dan Marino Failure, Barry Sanders Failure, Bruce Smith Failure, Eric ****erson Failure, Fran Tarkenton Failure, **** Butkus Failure, Merlin Olson Failure, Deacon Jones Failure, Warren Moon Failure, Anthony Munoz Failure, Earl Campbell Failure, Chris Carter Failure, Dan Fouts Failure.......................

don't forget denvers newly voted HOF'er floyd little......failure :laugh:

jazzbodog
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
that he is better than what you got and ever had since elway retired? don't cry about it, i was just staying on topic. :P

by the way, rivers is far closer to those guys you mentioned than orton/quinn is to rivers. in fact, most people would put rivers in the top 5 along with those guys. :coffee:

Umm...let's see...umm...well...umm...soooooooo what! :coffee:

jazzbodog
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
your san diego team reminds me of the movie groundhog's day. instead of the same thing every day its the same thing every year. how do u have so much talent but yet choke when victory is needed. get one ring then talk. a superbowl win is what a player wants and needs to be a true legend. at least we are the chosen few who have back to back superbowls. just like when the slower manning was drafted by SD he said, "trade me".....hahahaha....

So true. The Chargers are TOAST. They had their opportunities and didn't cash in because they're losers...not winners. Back to the bottom of the AFC West...where they belong...just like old times. :D

jazzbodog
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Despite the fact I don't like this guy, he's right. Peyton manning was what, drafted in 98? And he is still kicking.
And Rivers was ..........2004?
Hehe, unless our D knows how to stop him, he will be plaguing us for a while.

Plaguing us! No he won't.

jazzbodog
03-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Please. Rivers would need to win 10 superbowls and throw for 5 td's and rush for 5 td's in each one of them to go down in history as the greatest QB and it still wouldnt happen because he's not cool...he's a total dork!