PDA

View Full Version : LT is a jet

baphamet
03-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Filed to ESPN: it's official. LaDainian Tomlinson is a Jet. He reached agreement on a two-year contract. Done

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

baphamet
03-14-2010, 03:16 PM
man i went to his twitter to see the quinn news and saw that crap. :sad:

Starbroncs
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Its doubtful he makes much of an impact on any team, he just doesnt have it anymore.

I was expecting him to go to more of a contending team though, I know the jets made a little noise in the playoffs but they really squeeked into the playoffs and had to win the wildcard by playing teams that had their backups in.

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Why'd you put this in the Smack Baph?

LSIGRAD09
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Not good at all.:sad:

LordTrychon
03-14-2010, 03:31 PM
zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooom!

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:31 PM

You're a JET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broooks77
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM

You're a JET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it sad that I didn't get that until you said that Jake?

I feel stupid...

LordTrychon
03-14-2010, 03:35 PM

I feel stupid...

If it makes you feel better... I didn't get it at first either...

broooks77
03-14-2010, 03:36 PM
If it makes you feel better... I didn't get it at first either...

:jawdrop: Impossible!

JakeNbake
03-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I wonder how Jet feels about LT being one of him?

DevilSpawn
03-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Its doubtful he makes much of an impact on any team, he just doesnt have it anymore.

I was expecting him to go to more of a contending team though, I know the jets made a little noise in the playoffs but they really squeeked into the playoffs and had to win the wildcard by playing teams that had their backups in.
I disagree on both points.

The Jets aren't a flash in the pan. No longer lead by a rookie head coach and a rookie QB. They got a gift last year, but that defense will improve as will that run game. Even though Tomlinson's 30, the one thing he can do as an older back is get into the endzone from 5 or closer. It's not that Tomlinson doesn't have it anymore, he just doesn't have IT anymore. He can still put up somewhat decent numbers as a #2, which is all the Jets may need from him.

The Jets are looking to be THE team in New York when the New Meadowlands opens up. As traditional with East Coast games, they will run the ball and play defense. With the addition of the two Chargers, that just go a lot easier, assuming.

The only thing that I would worry about is the New York media. Tomlinson has shown he's not ready for what they have to offer. Should be fun.

LordTrychon
03-14-2010, 03:39 PM
:jawdrop: Impossible!

Well, Jake just popped into my Gmail and asked me if I was a Jet randomly before I got around to reading any news... lol.

broooks77
03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I wonder how Jet feels about LT being one of him?

Scared, sad, happy, angry, sick, jealous, annoyed, hurt, and hor... nevermind, I've gone too far. :D

kishzilla
03-14-2010, 03:56 PM
BAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA!

He must have seen something he liked last year...............

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/01/19/alg_rex_smiles.jpg
"Welcome to your SB ring LT"

Now its basically a guarantee the Jets will come up with at least an appearance in the SB in the next 2 years, since that just makes dramatic sense, not because of Tomlinson of course. :laugh:

AccidenT79
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Woah, I can finally root for LT... at least during his games against the Pats.

Boltz17
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM

I feel stupid...

Join the Jets front office.............They'll be feeling stupid come October when Cromartie and LT have done nothing at all for them.

milehighireland
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Great move for LT, he joins last year's #1 run offense and will be behind an excellent run blocking O Line. Not to mention that they were a game away from the SB with a rookie coach and QB last year and are a team on the rise.

LT will now fill the Thomas Jones role in NY, getting plenty of national attention since its the NY media market. He'll see plenty of carries and i can't see how he wouldn't be effective there behind that excellent OL.

kmcgough25
03-15-2010, 05:51 AM
I wish nothing but the best for LT. He was great for the Chargers and he will work out well to spell Shonne Greene in NY.

BroncoPower
03-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Wow after all these years LT finally goes to a team that might win a SB. I wish him well.

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
LT didn't want to stay in San Diego because he didn't like his diminished role of 15 - 20 carries a game.......so he goes to New York to be a 3rd down back:confused:

He said it was time to move on because the Charger locker room had too players that were a distraction to the common good of the team......and then follows the biggest distraction - Antonio Cromartie - to the JETs :confused:

Well....at least we'll soon find out if his lack of production was an O-Line issure or a LT issue.

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I just want to see Tomlinson and Cro kick the Chargers out of the playoffs. :D

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I just want to see Tomlinson and Cro kick the Chargers out of the playoffs. :DImagine San Diego vs New York in the AFCCG.....LT trying to advance to the SB without the Chargers.....the Chargers trying to make it without LT.

The TV ratings would be through the roof.

Maharishineo
03-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Even though Tomlinson's 30, the one thing he can do as an older back is get into the endzone from 5 or closer.

I seem to remember the Chargers trying to get L.T. in the endzone after a drought, and gave him like four straight tries from the one. I believe he got in on 4th, but still... not so sure about this statement.

LT didn't want to stay in San Diego because he didn't like his diminished role of 15 - 20 carries a game.......so he goes to New York to be a 3rd down back:confused:

He said it was time to move on because the Charger locker room had too players that were a distraction to the common good of the team......and then follows the biggest distraction - Antonio Cromartie - to the JETs :confused:

Well....at least we'll soon find out if his lack of production was an O-Line issure or a LT issue.

Probably a little of both in terms of his lack of production.

I know you're closer to the heartbeat of San Diego and Tomlinson, but my impression is that he wanted to go to the team that gave him the best chance to win a championship. The Jets are on the rise with a No. 1 defense and rush offense and developing coach and Q and while Chargers will remain in competition, but they're on the decline...

...and this isn't one of those Broncos fans smacking about some Chargers window You're players are simply getting older and getting released, the direction in uncertain at this point. Maybe you'll finally make the push. But with all of the roster changes in key areas, I would guess you'd be most uncertain this year than you have in the past five or so.

Here, here! :beer:

Per the drama factor from another poster, how about Tomlinson's Jets losing to the Vikings in the Super Bowl? Heh.

I do think if he wanted his best chance to win a Super Bowl, he should've gone to the Vikings. Then again, that's assuming Favre comes back and even then it's only a one-year window. The Jets on the other hand offer him a longer window. Especially if he stays productive and can resign for another short deal after his two years.

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM
....while Chargers will remain in competition, but they're on the decline...

...and this isn't one of those Broncos fans smacking about some Chargers window You're players are simply getting older and getting released, the direction in uncertain at this point. Maybe you'll finally make the push. But with all of the roster changes in key areas, I would guess you'd be most uncertain this year than you have in the past five or so.The "direction" is very certain.....releasing aging veterans and continuing to build through the draft. It's the system the John Butler installed and AJ Smith runs to perfection.

The Chargers just keep getting younger. Meanwhile, Denver now has the oldest defense in the NFL with the avg age of 31.5

Maharishineo
03-15-2010, 09:38 AM
The "direction" is very certain.....releasing aging veterans and continuing to build through the draft. It's the system the John Butler installed and AJ Smith runs to perfection.

The Chargers just keep getting younger. Meanwhile, Denver now has the oldest defense in the NFL with the avg age of 31.5

Again, I'm not trying to make this some brutish discussion. Let me put it another way: considering the direction that your team is taking, releasing aging veterans and building through the draft, there are going to be a lot of new and unproven players playing in key roles.Therefore, how your team will fare is potentially more uncertain now than it has been in quite some time.

For a player looking to win a championship, a transitioning team replacing old stars with new, unproven talent, may not be as attractive as a younger, blossoming team that not only beat that old team, but went to the AFCC last year.

Plus I'm sure Tomlinson, with how personally he takes things, felt a little hurt in some regards by the organization. Those are the reasons I think he decided to leave...

floridabroncos
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Gonna laugh if Tomlinson finally wins a ring now that he's a Jet. Would just go to show, San Diego is where you go if you want to be an awesome team that never wins the Super Bowl.

floridabroncos
03-15-2010, 10:01 AM
The "direction" is very certain.....releasing aging veterans and continuing to build through the draft. It's the system the John Butler installed and AJ Smith runs to perfection.

And yet, San Diego continues to choke in the playoffs while we're improving. Who's running the right system again?

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Again, I'm not trying to make this some brutish discussion. Let me put it another way: considering the direction that your team is taking, releasing aging veterans and building through the draft, there are going to be a lot of new and unproven players playing in key roles.Therefore, how your team will fare is potentially more uncertain now than it has been in quite some time.Only one person will be asked to step in and play right away.....the RB that the Chargers take in round 1 or 2. All other positions will be manned by proven players who were on the team last year.

Jamal Williams missed 15 games last year. The Chargers will definitely draft a NT early, but they played the whole season with other players...so, they can bring that rookie along slowly (similar to what Denver did with last year with Ayers and San Diego did with English).

Bottom line is that the Chargers will start the season in a better shape than the team that won 13 games last season.

Maharishineo
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Well then... maybe if it's not all that uncertain, perhaps that's why he left. The team he's been on hasn't gone anywhere, and this team's about as good as they've been in the past, why stay? They haven't gotten anywhere before. [Again, not meant to be smack. I'm more so trying to think of it through his perspective.]

I dunno. From what you've said, I have more and more a feeling that the main reason was that Tomlinson's emotions got to him, he felt disrespected, and simply wanted to get out and go somewhere else for his last hurrah at trying to win a championship.

It's probably even a little about himself. I remember he once said he wouldn't play past his prime like Emmit just to get records. And although that's not why he's still playing, perhaps that has something to do with why he's not comfortable staying in the place where he reached his peak and, ultimately, fell off.

All in all, yeah, that stuff about his carry load were mostly lies.

theshiverman
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
LT planting the knife firmly in the back of Charger fans:)

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Well then... maybe if it's not all that uncertain, perhaps that's why he left. The team he's been on hasn't gone anywhere, and this team's about as good as they've been in the past, why stay? They haven't gotten anywhere before. [Again, not meant to be smack. I'm more so trying to think of it through his perspective.]

I dunno. From what you've said, I have more and more a feeling that the main reason was that Tomlinson's emotions got to him, he felt disrespected, and simply wanted to get out and go somewhere else for his last hurrah at trying to win a championship.

It's probably even a little about himself. I remember he once said he wouldn't play past his prime like Emmit just to get records. And although that's not why he's still playing, perhaps that has something to do with why he's not comfortable staying in the place where he reached his peak and, ultimately, fell off.

All in all, yeah, that stuff about his carry load were mostly lies.

Last time I checked he was cut by the team.....He did not leave via Free-Agency. He wasnt going to be brought back no matter what was said by him or anyone else outside the Front Office. It was chear they wanted to go in a different direction as early as last off-.season

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
LT planting the knife firmly in the back of Charger fans:)

Yes because he was sooo upset with the fans. You could see how happy he was to leave S.D. in his press conference the day after he was released. :rolleyes:

Maharishineo
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Last time I checked he was cut by the team.....He did not leave via Free-Agency. He wasnt going to be brought back no matter what was said by him or anyone else outside the Front Office. It was chear they wanted to go in a different direction as early as last off-.season

Yeah. I get what you're saying. But whether they actually had discussions regarding a pay cut or not, Tomlinson made it clear to the organization that he wouldn't take one. His desire to stay in San Diego was part of why he didn't stay, cut or not.

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
And yet, San Diego continues to choke in the playoffs while we're improving. Who's running the right system again?Denver is improving? Let's take a peek at what has happened since your last playoff appearence:

2006 = 9-7
2007 = 7-9
2008 = 8-8
2009 = 8-8

You're a .500 team and you haven't improved. That's a fact.....not an opinion.

supercharg'd
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM

HAHAHAHA!!! Cro making a difference (a positive one) in the playoffs. Thats hilarious.

As for LT, whatever. I don't hate him now or anything, just disappointed. Hope the Jits get pwned by the Pats and Dolphins next year.

LSIGRAD09
03-15-2010, 01:43 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Cro making a difference (a positive one) in the playoffs. Thats hilarious.

As for LT, whatever. I don't hate him now or anything, just disappointed. Hope the Jits get pwned by the Pats and Dolphins next year.

Here's a guy on the same page I am! Stupid Jets!

LSIGRAD09
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Denver is improving? Let's take a peek at what has happened since your last playoff appearence:

2006 = 9-7
2007 = 7-9
2008 = 8-8
2009 = 8-8

Hehe, I have no clue why that guy posted that. At least the Chargers get in, (But lose), But there is going to be that time where they don't lose.

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 03:05 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Cro making a difference (a positive one) in the playoffs. Thats hilarious. He helped the Jets win in '09, let's hope he can do it again in '10! :D

SLVR and Black
03-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Denver is improving? Let's take a peek at what has happened since your last playoff appearence:

2006 = 9-7
2007 = 7-9
2008 = 8-8
2009 = 8-8

Nice comeback -- redirection and complete avoidance of the issue. :D

Boltheads
03-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice comeback -- redirection and complete avoidance of the issue. :DI'm on record for being disappointed about the Chargers lack of success in the post-season. But, for him to say that Denver is improving is a joke. SD choking in the playoffs = fact. DEN improving = fantasy. I had to call him on that one.

jetrazor74
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
This is false.

LordTrychon is not me.

baphamet
03-16-2010, 03:50 AM
This is false.

LordTrychon is not me.

:laugh::laugh:

SLVR and Black
03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm on record for being disappointed about the Chargers lack of success in the post-season. But, for him to say that Denver is improving is a joke. SD choking in the playoffs = fact. DEN improving = fantasy. I had to call him on that one.Denver's a mixed bag, who the heck knows how they'll respond next season. Champ and Dawkins are both a year older,... -- a casual look at their team doesn't exactly scream SuperBowl bound. If I didn't know better, I'd say that the Raiders have a better shot at doing better now that Hugh Jackson is in the mix and JaWalrus has a very short leash. They're the Raiders though, they'll find a way to screw it up.

JakeNbake
03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
This is false.

LordTrychon is not me.

YES HE IS.... I read it from a CHargers fan. IT's TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!