PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Braves!!

ERoyal248
04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Good start today. Heyward homers in his first at bat, we lit up Zambrano.. Lowe was shaky, but its opening day, oh well.

Southstander
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
If they still played at the Bee Hive I might be with you on this one.

ERoyal248
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Bump

Took 2/3 against the Pads and Rockies..

Heyward walkoff!!!

Solid start so far..

ERoyal248
04-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Wow, holy crap, is Heyward human.. Down 3-0, Glaus hits a 2-run HR, Heyward ties the game in the 9th. McLouth walk-off HR.. I'm lost for words.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Bump, crazy game last night..

Down 2-0 in the 7th, come back and put up 7 runs in the 7th, win 9-3.. What a pickup Glaus has been, he has been on fire.. Lets take the series today..

ERoyal248
06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Strasburg vs Hudson on the 28th, thats going to be a great matchup..

Another great win today, keep it rolling..

BroncoFanBoy
06-22-2010, 08:43 PM
just wait till you play us again. ubaldo (if pitching) might make it a perfect game this time :D

Southstander
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Heyward is on the DL.

ERoyal248
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Heyward is on the DL.

It's all good, kind of glad they did..

He says he cant even grip a bat, rest is the best thing right now.. All-Star break isnt too far away, we can win without him if our pitching stays strong..

Diaz was called up for Heyward, he was money down the stretch last year..

BroncoFanBoy
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
It's all good, kind of glad they did..

He says he cant even grip a bat, rest is the best thing right now.. All-Star break isnt too far away, we can win without him if our pitching stays strong..

Diaz was called up for Heyward, he was money down the stretch last year..

i think the braves will be fine without heyward. they are 8th in the MLB in hitting. his batting average this season isn't that great, but his power will be missed.

ERoyal248
06-29-2010, 01:29 PM
i think the braves will be fine without heyward. they are 8th in the MLB in hitting. his batting average this season isn't that great, but his power will be missed.

We have won with Heyward and without him.

He's been playing like crap and we have still won.. Melky has been doing better then him in June, his power, speed, and patience will be missed for sure, but it's only until the All-Star break.

Just need someone else to step up in his place. Utley and Polanco were put on the DL for the Phillies, so that makes this news a little less hurtful.

thatkidhunt
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
On a sidenote, the Arizona Diamondbacks are inventing new ways to lose on a daily basis, its not fun to watch, yet I do:sad:

BroncoFanBoy
06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
On a sidenote, the Arizona Diamondbacks are inventing new ways to lose on a daily basis, its not fun to watch, yet I do:sad:

like having less runs in a game than the opponent? :D

BroncoFanBoy
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
We have won with Heyward and without him.

He's been playing like crap and we have still won.. Melky has been doing better then him in June, his power, speed, and patience will be missed for sure, but it's only until the All-Star break.

Just need someone else to step up in his place. Utley and Polanco were put on the DL for the Phillies, so that makes this news a little less hurtful.

Looks like the Phillies are about out of it. The Braves lead the NL East right now and with injuries to polanco and utley, and the choking mets, braves should win the division easily. see you in october! :D

ERoyal248
07-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Bad News for the NL East: Jurrjens is back.. You guys are screwed..

Second half rotation is going to be insane and a healthy Heyward..

Hudson
Hanson
Jurrjens
Lowe
Medlen

BroncoFanBoy
07-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Heyward elected to all star game. congrats bro. ROY plays right field for the braves

ERoyal248
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Heyward elected to all star game. congrats bro. ROY plays right field for the braves

I'm glad he made it, but he probably wont start.

I would be very, very surprised if he plays, he gets his cast off his thumb this weekend, he said he'll try to play in the all star game, my guess is he sits. Just dont want it to affect him in the 2nd half of the season, a healthy Heyward will help out a ton.

ERoyal248
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Took 2/3 from Philly and won the first two in NY, if we win tommorow, 6 games up over the Mets. At the least we're up 4 games over the Mets.

Heyward took BP today, felt pain free but wont play in the ASG, no need to risk it. Cant wait to get him back, one more day until some much needed rest..

Hudson has been incredible this season, didnt think he would be this good, absolutely dealing.

BroncoFanBoy
07-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Took 2/3 from Philly and won the first two in NY, if we win tommorow, 6 games up over the Mets. At the least we're up 4 games over the Mets.

Heyward took BP today, felt pain free but wont play in the ASG, no need to risk it. Cant wait to get him back, one more day until some much needed rest..

Hudson has been incredible this season, didnt think he would be this good, absolutely dealing.

are you the only braves fan in this forum? maybe ill post here more often even tho im a rockies fan.

ERoyal248
07-10-2010, 11:44 PM
are you the only braves fan in this forum? maybe ill post here more often even tho im a rockies fan.

LOL, yes i am..

I just usually update it every week or so..

BroncoFanBoy
07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL, yes i am..

I just usually update it every week or so..

do you ever go onto the falcons forum? there would be a whole lot more braves fans there

ERoyal248
07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
do you ever go onto the falcons forum? there would be a whole lot more braves fans there

No, i go to a Braves forum, it's cool..

BroncoFanBoy
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
No, i go to a Braves forum, it's cool..

the rockies forum is so wierd. the password on there is assigned and i doubt you can change it. and it's not that good looking. plus not too many fans there like here (even tho they're a great team)

ERoyal248
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Didnt see this coming.

Braves trade Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastornicky..

We got the better end of the prospects, but i still think Escobar can be a great player, not sure if he has the work ethic too. Getting JoJo away from the Braves was the best move, he was horriblee, good riddance.

Hopefully Gonzalez can keep it up all season, give us some pop from the SS positon. I think we're going to try and trade for an OF, like Byrd or Cody Ross.. We got some prospects to keep or use his a package deal, looks like another good trade by Wren as usual.

ERoyal248
07-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Not a good start to the 2nd half, split with the Brewers, we avoid Gallarado and cant even take 3/4, oh well, onto the Padres..

We gained a .5 game on the Mets/Phils since both lost..

Magic Number- 65

Southstander
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Congrats on your Wild Card win.

ERoyal248
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats on your Wild Card win.

Thanks South, i couldn't find this thread.

Took them until Game 162, but now we're in, anything can happen.

Axemaster
10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Man if they PITCH like they are capable of, they can beat anyone anytime. Too bad Prado and Jones can't share in this though.

Wouldn't it be cool to send Bobby out with Ring #2?:peace:

ERoyal248
01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
WOOOO HOOO

Braves sign Uggla to 5 year, 62 million extension, awesome. Expected to be announced on Thursday pending Uggla passes his physcial.

Up next, Prado or Heyward.

Wren is awesome, i can't think of many things he's done wrong as GM.

Atwnbroncfan
01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
WOOOO HOOO

Braves sign Uggla to 5 year, 62 million extension, awesome. Expected to be announced on Thursday pending Uggla passes his physcial.

Thats more money than Cargo's new deal. Either Rockies are making away like robbers, or Braves paid a tad too much. Im leaning towards the first.

I Uggla good ball player. Good defense great power, will play well in that lineup. But at 12 mill a year he cant have any more 150+ strikeout seasons.

ERoyal248
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Thats more money than Cargo's new deal. Either Rockies are making away like robbers, or Braves paid a tad too much. Im leaning towards the first.

I Uggla good ball player. Good defense great power, will play well in that lineup. But at 12 mill a year he cant have any more 150+ strikeout seasons.

The CarGo deal basically bought out 3 arbitration years. I don't know if we did overpay when you look at Werth getting 7 years, 126 million and Crawford who is all speed basically got 140+ million, and some others. Btw, the CarGo deal is a bargain, nice work by your GM and Boras.

Uggla at 12 million per yr is a great deal when he probably gets 15+ per yr in the open market. He's hit 30+ HR's the past 3 years, been consistent every since he came into the league. I couldn't stand playing the Marlins, every time we played them, Uggla always killed us, thank god he's on our side now.

Ryan Howard got 25+ mil per season and will be 32 by the time it starts, that's massively overpaying. He strikes out near 200+ times a year.

Southstander
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I think Uggla should name his daughter Leigh. That way on legal forms her name would be Uggla, Leigh....(rim shot).

BroncoFanBoy
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
WOOOO HOOO

Uggla is very talented. You're lucky to have a presence like him in your lineup (at 2B even! Not too many power hitting second basemen in the MLB) Wish the Rockies could've gotten him :P

Well done on the signing :salute:

Atwnbroncfan
01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Just got my tickets for the Braves home opener. :rockon: Cant wait to head down to ATL.

Going to the rockies home opener as well. Get to see both of my teams home openers this year, Im so ready for baseball season.

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Just got my tickets for the Braves home opener. :rockon: Cant wait to head down to ATL.

Going to the rockies home opener as well. Get to see both of my teams home openers this year, Im so ready for baseball season.

Whose your main team?

Also, you flying right back to CO after the Braves game or something?

Braves are Thursday, Rockies Friday, right?

Atwnbroncfan
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Whose your main team?

Also, you flying right back to CO after the Braves game or something?

Braves are Thursday, Rockies Friday, right?

Rockies are my main team. But have always loved the Braves.

And Rockies home opener is the 1st, and the Braves is the 8th.

Broncoholic3233
01-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Rockies are my main team. But have always loved the Braves.

And Rockies home opener is the 1st, and the Braves is the 8th.

Oh gotcha, I thought Braves started the season off at home.

Well that will be cool.

Atwnbroncfan
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Oh gotcha, I thought Braves started the season off at home.

Well that will be cool.

Yea they start off in Washington then are on the road for the week. It should be sweet. Im expecting great years from both teams.

ERoyal248
01-28-2011, 04:25 PM

That's awesome, we play the Phillies on our home opener, that should be a good series.

I'm hoping to go to DC probably next year, want to see Strasburg pitch when we play them.

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
That's awesome, we play the Phillies on our home opener, that should be a good series.

I'm hoping to go to DC probably next year, want to see Strasburg pitch when we play them.

Ugh, I can't stand the name Strasburg.

Most hyped player ever? Yes, pretty much. Worth the hype? Eh, not for his short stint, though he was pretty damn good.

Would be cool to see him pitch though.

BroncoFanBoy
01-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Idk if Strasberg will play in 2011. He did get tommy john surgery last September.

ERoyal248
01-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Idk if Strasberg will play in 2011. He did get tommy john surgery last September.

I meant i'm going to try to go next year, not this upcoming year.

He might be ready by September, not sure.

ERoyal248
01-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Ugh, I can't stand the name Strasburg.

Most hyped player ever? Yes, pretty much. Worth the hype? Eh, not for his short stint, though he was pretty damn good.

Would be cool to see him pitch though.

Ever, eh, he's overhyped, but if he can stay healthy, he's going to be one heck of a player.

I don't know if he's as good as some have said, best prospect ever.

BroncoFanBoy
01-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I meant i'm going to try to go next year, not this upcoming year.

He might be ready by September, not sure.

I don't think he'll be the same after that injury. To have Tommy John Surgery this early in your career is devastating.

And since you live in North Carolina, that's kinda close to Georgia. Have you ever been to a Braves game?

ERoyal248
01-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Getting a little closer to when catchers and pitchers report.

25 man roster as of now, not sure if we'll sign anyone for utility or go in-house.

Lineup

C- Brian McCann
1B- Freddie Freeman
2B- Dan Uggla
SS- Alex Gonzalez
3B- Chipper Jones
LF- Martin Prado
CF- Nate McLouth
RF- Jason Heyward

Bench

C- David Ross
1B/LF- Eric Hinske
2B/3B- Brooks Conrad

Not sure who will be backup OF'er, and utility to replace Infante.

Rotation

1- Tim Hudson
2- Derek Lowe
3- Tommy Hanson
4- Jair Jurrjens
5- Mike Minor

Bullpen

(CL) Kimbrel
(8th) Venters
(R) Moylan
(L) O'Flaharety
(R) Linebrink
(L) Sherrill
(LR) Beachy/Martinez

Pretty much set aside from the last 2 bench spots.

Very good team, can't wait for the season to begin.

ERoyal248
02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Bumpage..

6 days until Catchers and Pitchers report.

ERoyal248
02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Frank Wren signs 2 year extension through 2013.

Great move, gotten better every season since he has been GM.

Can't wait for Opening Day.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Frank Wren signs 2 year extension through 2013.

Great move, gotten better every season since he has been GM.

Can't wait for Opening Day.

Me too. :salute:

ERoyal248
03-27-2011, 09:34 PM
25-man roster announced today.

C- McCann, Ross

1B- Freeman, Hinske

2B- Uggla, Hicks, Conrad

SS- Gonzalez, Hicks

3B- Chipper, Hicks, Conrad

OF- Prado, McLouth, Heyward, Young, Hinske

Rotation- Lowe, Hanson, Hudson, Jurrjens, Beachy.

Bullpen- Kimbrel, Venters, O'Flaharety, Moylan, Linebrink, Sherrill, Martinez.

Like the Hicks move, he's great defensively, not sold quite yet with the bat. Very surprised but happy with Young, great story, glad for him, hard work pays off.

Good to know we have good options like Lucas and Ramriez to fill in for someone in case of injury.

And we have enough pitching depth to make two pitching staffs, it's that stacked, so awesome.

Should be a fun year, so excited.

ERoyal248
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Good Opening Day win.

Heyward homers, Chipper looks good at the plate and in the field.

Venters and Kimbrel are going to give trouble to a lot of hitters this year. A lefty and righty with closer stuff, not fair.

And Lowe had a great outing, it was a bit windy today, in the 40's. Glad we got the first one, Nats always give us trouble.

BroncoFanBoy
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Good Opening Day win.

Heyward homers, Chipper looks good at the plate and in the field.

Venters and Kimbrel are going to give trouble to a lot of hitters this year. A lefty and righty with closer stuff, not fair.

And Lowe had a great outing, it was a bit windy today, in the 40's. Glad we got the first one, Nats always give us trouble.

Great win for you guys. there should be many more of that this season :salute:

ERoyal248
04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Good start to the season.

Took 2/3 from the Nats who we always struggle with in DC. Bats showed a lot of life today, good to see.

Hudson pitched a gem.

Other then the 1st inning, he was in cruise control. Had 15 straight batters retired at one point. Took out of the game once the game was blown open.

4 game set in Milwaukee, i'd take a 2-2 split, 3-1 is gravy, 4-0 would be awesome.

ERoyal248
04-07-2011, 01:51 PM
After taking the first game in Mil, lose the next 3, drop to 3-4..

Pitching has been outstanding for the most part aside from Hanson and Minor. Bullpen has been lights out, Venters and Kimbrel are going to a nasty duo for years to come.

Offense has sucked aside from the third game in Washington.

Atwnbroncfan
04-07-2011, 08:50 PM
We need to find a replacement for McLouth, he is awful.

ERoyal248
04-07-2011, 08:52 PM
We need to find a replacement for McLouth, he is awful.

He's got a 5-game hitting streak, the only problem i have is Heyward should be hitting 2nd, not McLouth. Heyward isn't going to see many pitches hitting 6th.

And our CF situation has been horrible since Andruw. Hopefully Schafer can get going and he gets called up.

You got Prado/Heyward as a 1-2 with Chipper, Uggla, and Mac to drive them in, then the bottom of the order wouldn't be that good but decent.

ERoyal248
04-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Congrats to Chipper on hit #2500, he's going to hit this year if he's healthy.

BroncoFanBoy
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Congrats to Chipper on hit #2500, he's going to hit this year if he's healthy.

Way to go Chipper! Congrats! :salute: He's always been one of my favorite players in the MLB.

ERoyal248
04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Heyward moves to hitting 2nd, about time.

Didn't mind it unless McLouth was hitting, and he wasn't, good job by Fredi to move him to 2nd, and McLouth lower in the order..

Hopefully the offense gets rolling now.