PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Southstander
04-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Alright Who else is growing a playoff beard?

underrated29
04-08-2010, 08:50 PM
But mine has been growing for a little while as my team plays for our championship this saturday.

Once we play, I have to shave some for work. Once the avs start up, its on like donkey kong.

Southstander
04-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Mine has started. I figured a few days early wont hurt.

Frenchy180
04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Nope, unless my current goatee counts lol... I got a new job so I'm trying to get in the habbit of shaving the actual beard

Southstander
04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Nope, unless my current goatee counts lol... I got a new job so I'm trying to get in the habbit of shaving the actual beard

Make since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We also can talk about more then just beards.

InsaneBlaze23
04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I very happy for this years post season.
I'm a Wings fan so I hoping for a good run.

I wanna see the Av's play us Howard vs Anderson,it would be a good game.

Part of me wanna see a round three between the Penguins and Red Wings.

80stheman
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I haven't been following too closely, but from what I know Colorado's playing the Sharks in the 1st round, right?

Southstander
04-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I haven't been following too closely, but from what I know Colorado's playing the Sharks in the 1st round, right?

That I have not heard.

80stheman
04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
That I have not heard.

What I heard is that the Avs are locked in as the 8th seed. San Jose is #1, but I don't know if they have it sewn up or not.

Southstander
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
What I heard is that the Avs are locked in as the 8th seed. San Jose is #1, but I don't know if they have it sewn up or not.

That what I was thinking. I am unsure if all the seeds are locked.

*Atwater*
04-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I cant grow a beard so I voted no.

But I will grow out my hair.

:D

Southstander
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I cant grow a beard so I voted no.

But I will grow out my hair.

:D

Why is that?

GridironChamp
04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
IF i didnt look ridiculous with a beard i would!

broooks77
04-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Go Pens : D

Southstander
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Go Pens : D

That would be a fitting way to close out the "Igloo".

HurricaneDovs
04-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought Chicago had the #1 seed in the West as of now?

If so thats not good for the Avs since we got clowned stomped by them tonight.

Since we can talk about anything playoff related, how bout the Coyotes this year? Dang. Anyone think they can make some noise in the playoffs (note: im not a 'Yotes fan. Still all about the Avs. Just wondering what people think)?

Southstander
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I thought Chicago had the #1 seed in the West as of now?

If so thats not good for the Avs since we got clowned stomped by them tonight.

Since we can talk about anything playoff related, how bout the Coyotes this year? Dang. Anyone think they can make some noise in the playoffs (note: im not a 'Yotes fan. Still all about the Avs. Just wondering what people think)?

I have never heard the term "clowned stomped" before. :laugh:

HurricaneDovs
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I have never heard the term "clowned stomped" before. :laugh:

Haha. Good term. You might find yourself using it one day. ;)

Southstander
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Haha. Good term. You might find yourself using it one day. ;)

I will clown stomp anyone that tries to stop me.

Frenchy180
04-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I will clown stomp anyone that tries to stop me.

Or "did you see Patrick Roy clown stomp Chris Osgood last night?" lol

jetrazor74
04-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I can't really grow a playoff beard, seeing as I ALWAYS have a beard! :laugh:

My team had a horrific season and will miss the playoffs for the first time in years. :(

Oh, and for the record, as of right now, the Black Hawks have the #1 seed in the West.

Good luck with that, Avs fans!! :laugh:

InsaneBlaze23
04-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Or "did you see Patrick Roy clown stomp Chris Osgood last night?" lol

Never use Ozzie's name in vain!!!

80stheman
04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't really grow a playoff beard, seeing as I ALWAYS have a beard! :laugh:

My team had a horrific season and will miss the playoffs for the first time in years. :(

Oh, and for the record, as of right now, the Black Hawks have the #1 seed in the West.

Good luck with that, Avs fans!! :laugh:

Chicago, huh? Doesn't bode well for Colorado. However.....

I've seen #8 take out #1 a few times before, so.....

:heh:

I can hope, can't I? :D

Southstander
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
My stubble is already bugging me, I think I will shave it off before I even start.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Nice thread South :salute!:

Who is going to watch the Rangers @ Flyers game? Winner gets into the playoffs as the 8th seed in the East! This is kind of like the Broncos @ Chargers game in 08... only it will be a lot easier to watch for me since I don't really care who wins. I want to see the Rangers win since I hate the Flyers but in reality it doesn't affect my team so I really don't care all that much.

This game is going to be incredibly intense and I recommend anyone who likes hockey to watch it. This is a great rivalry that is always exciting no matter how important the game is.

I cannot wait I am so excited. Man I love hockey. :cheers:

underrated29
04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
San jose is currently in the top spot. Chicago plays today and if they win then they are tied with San jose, but they own the tie breaker so chicago would be #1.

We DO NOT want to face chicago!!! Chicago plays detroit today i believe. So this is the ONLY time I think I will ever root for the wings to win. Ever.

Avs currently are playing the kings. Weather we win or lose will not change anything, but we can play somewhat spoiler against the kings, who are looking to make it to 5th place instead of 7th.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice thread South :salute!:

Who is going to watch the Rangers @ Flyers game? Winner gets into the playoffs as the 8th seed in the East! This is kind of like the Broncos @ Chargers game in 08... only it will be a lot easier to watch for me since I don't really care who wins. I want to see the Rangers win since I hate the Flyers but in reality it doesn't affect my team so I really don't care all that much.

This game is going to be incredibly intense and I recommend anyone who likes hockey to watch it. This is a great rivalry that is always exciting no matter how important the game is.

I cannot wait I am so excited. Man I love hockey. :cheers:

Well that turned out to be a great game. Unfortunately the Flyers won but I doubt they'll make it past the first round. :P

Frenchy180
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Dint take the real Ozzys name in vane by calling Osgood Ozzie lmao :P

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM

Max Talbot > Ozzie :cheers:

HurricaneDovs
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
So the playoffs have officially begun.

And as of now Ottawa is on top of Pitt, 3-1. Wow.

So who does everyone got in the finals? I was watching SC about a half hour ago and Gretzky said he thinks itll be between Phoenix and Buffalo. Man that would kind of look like an odd looking matchup.

InsaneBlaze23
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Max Talbot > Ozzie :cheers:

Talbot has nothing on Ozzie.

broooks77
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Damn, Pens lost tonight 5-4 :/

Fleury hasn't look this season and I feel that sadly the Penguins won't make it back to the finals :(

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Damn, Pens lost tonight 5-4 :/

Fleury hasn't look this season and I feel that sadly the Penguins won't make it back to the finals :(

Yeah that was a pretty sloppy game for both goaltenders. I credit the Senators for a pretty solid defensive performance though. I think the Sens will take this series in 6. The Penguins just don't look like themselves, they are shaky and undisciplined.

Talbot has nothing on Ozzie.

...aside from 2 goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, one of them being the Stanley Cup winning goal. :laugh:

Oh and I wanted to give credit to the Flyers for their impressive win over NJ tonight. I hate the Devils so I enjoyed watching it very much. :cheers: Seeing the look on Kovalchuk's face was priceless, he looked like he was going to cry at many points during the game. I don't like the Flyers either... but whoever is playing the Devils in the playoffs instantly becomes a team that I will root for.

HurricaneDovs
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow. Good game tonight between the Yotes and Wings. Coyotes can play some hockey.

Broncoholic JS
04-14-2010, 09:56 PM
My allegiance is on my sleeve. I have the Avs logo tattooed on me. It is in my sig until the end of the playoffs. Once the Avs are out I try to find someone else to cheer for. It appears we are on our way to overtime in the bay.

GO AVALANCHE!!

Southstander
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
My allegiance is on my sleeve. I have the Avs logo tattooed on me. It is in my sig until the end of the playoffs. Once the Avs are out I try to find someone else to cheer for. It appears we are on our way to overtime in the bay.

GO AVALANCHE!!

I want to dine on some Shark meat tonight.

Broncoholic JS
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Pardon me but GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow that was awesome... completely unexpected :rockon:

HurricaneDovs
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Pardon me but GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL

We did score?!

Im not sure. Gamecast on ESPN is being weird with me right now.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
We did score?!

Im not sure. Gamecast on ESPN is being weird with me right now.

Game over! Avs lead the series 1-0 :D

Broncoholic JS
04-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Heck yes!!! LETS GO AVALANCHE!!

HurricaneDovs
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM

SWEET!
:dance:

1 down, 15 to go!

Southstander
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Home ice now belongs to the Avs!

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone see that Canadiens @ Capitals game?

It was an incredible game. Plekanec ripped one past Theodore (ex Avs goaltender) in OT. I'm rooting for the Canadiens because they're huge underdogs and I really don't like the Capitals at all.

Both #1 seeds in the East and West have lost to the #8 seeds so far :rockon: I love it!

Southstander
04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone see that Canadiens @ Capitals game?

It was an incredible game. Plekanec ripped one past Theodore (ex Avs goaltender) in OT. I'm rooting for the Canadiens because they're huge underdogs and I really don't like the Capitals at all.

Both #1 seeds in the East and West have lost to the #8 seeds so far :rockon: I love it!

Part of me would like to see the Habs get the Cup if we cannot win it. But another part loves the fact a Candian team has not won it in almost two decads.

Southstander
04-16-2010, 08:40 PM
2 - 1 Avs in the second.

InsaneBlaze23
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah that was a pretty sloppy game for both goaltenders. I credit the Senators for a pretty solid defensive performance though. I think the Sens will take this series in 6. The Penguins just don't look like themselves, they are shaky and undisciplined.

...aside from 2 goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, one of them being the Stanley Cup winning goal. :laugh:

Oh and I wanted to give credit to the Flyers for their impressive win over NJ tonight. I hate the Devils so I enjoyed watching it very much. :cheers: Seeing the look on Kovalchuk's face was priceless, he looked like he was going to cry at many points during the game. I don't like the Flyers either... but whoever is playing the Devils in the playoffs instantly becomes a team that I will root for.

But yet the year before who won?
Henrik Zetterberg can shot goals in his sleep compared to Tallbot,Game 7 is why Ozzie doesn't see the ice this season.

VenomousDB
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
That last play was ridiculous. Why would you pass the puck behind you when you have the chance for a quick shot on goal?

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 09:10 PM
So do the Avs just not feel like keeping a lead tonight or something? :confused:

VenomousDB
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
So do the Avs just not feel like keeping a lead tonight or something? :confused:

Nope I guess not. 14 seconds left and they give up a weak goal. Oh well its 0-0 going into the third, hopefully they can get another quick goal again and hold onto it.

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 09:20 PM
:facepalm:

Come on Colorado. Keep a dang lead.

VenomousDB
04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
:facepalm:

Come on Colorado. Keep a dang lead.

11:47 left!

Oh and did anyone else notice that we scored a goal in the 1st period that the refs didnt review

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Am I reading this right? We have 5 goals on only 18 shots-on-goal?

VenomousDB
04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Good job there Avs. A goal in the last minute of each period.

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Are you freakin kidding me Colorado?!
:brick:

Have we given up a goal in the last minute of each period now?

VenomousDB
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
wow wow wow wow wo im so mad

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Unbe-freakin-lievable.

I cannot believe we practically gave that game away. I have never seen a team score a goal within the last minute of each period, and here we allow it in a playoff game.

:brick::brick::brick:

broncsfan21
05-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Who does everyone have advancing to the finals?

I think Chicago beats San Jose, they will make the finals because of the Hossa curse.

In the east I think Philly grinds one out, although its going to be a very tough series.

I love playoff hockey!

ozzies94ta
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
even tho they had their arses handed to them, i still suspect the Habs take it all...

yes, yes, I know, Halak was lit up... he was lit up and pulled in a game against Wash and Pens also, and came back even stronger, so I look for this to be his "last straw" and he literally STEALS the cup for the Habs this yr

Southstander
05-17-2010, 03:50 PM
even tho they had their arses handed to them, i still suspect the Habs take it all...

yes, yes, I know, Halak was lit up... he was lit up and pulled in a game against Wash and Pens also, and came back even stronger, so I look for this to be his "last straw" and he literally STEALS the cup for the Habs this yr

Since my Avs and Bruins are out of it, I hope the Bleack Hawks can win it all.

broncsfan21
05-17-2010, 03:50 PM

I agree, he hasnt looked good in any game 1 of these playoffs, so i dont think Philly is gonna score 6 on him again. Its gonna be a good series though.

ozzies94ta
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Since my Avs and Bruins are out of it, I hope the Bleack Hawks can win it all.

Eek... being a like-long Blues fan I cannot honestly "root" for Chi-town or the Detoilet Dead-Things (Det Red Wings)

LSIGRAD09
05-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Dang it, I wanted the Pengs to win! The fact that Ovechkin and Crosby were BOTH knocked out by Montreal should guarantee the Canadiens win vs the Flyers. But the Flyers are winning. Philly fans cannot get a championship!

Lanks
05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
At this point, I'm cheering for the Canadiens, because I'm Canadian, but I think I like the Flyers the most... not really a huge fan of any of the teams. Especially the blackhawks, destroying my Canucks for a 2nd straight year... brutal.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Dominating performance by the Canadiens tonight. Looks like this series is going to be very interesting.

Frenchy180
05-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I don't know how anyone can say that Playoff Hockey isn't the greatest time of the year in sports... I absolutely love it. I'm a huge fan of great goaltending and this is the time of year that it comes out and shines like no other.

Medford Bronco
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Hawks in 6, They have the experience and the talent to win.

I hope so. Long live Denis Savard:salute:

Bronco_Armada
05-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Flyers in 6.

Medford Bronco
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Good Start for Chicago.

I hope they can continue it tonight. Go Hawks. :)

PhillyBronco24
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
I didnt want to grow a playoff beard because its so long but I'm starting a finals beard for the flyers. Let go flyers!!

BroncoSexyDaddy
05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Go Phily!!!!!!

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Philly Love,we can come back and take this series away.

broncsfan21
06-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm torn for who i want to win. I am a Laperriere fan, so I wouldnt mind seeing him win one in Philly. On the other hand, Coach Quenville of the hawks has major Avs ties, so it would be cool for him to win one.

Mostly I am just enjoying the series, as it has been a close one throughout!

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't really care who wins the series but I'm enjoying it so far. I really hope it goes to 7 games. It was nice to see a SCF game go into OT last night for the first time since Edmonton @ Carolina when Pisani scored a shorthanded breakaway goal to force a 6th game.

edit: oh yeah I forgot Game 5 between Pittsburgh and Detroit went into OT a few years ago... that was a great game.

Medford Bronco
06-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I can never root for a team that has a history of dirtiness.

I hate Bobby Clarke with a passion. Also Paul Holmgren, mel bridgeman, moose dupont amongst others.

They were the chippiest team and I hated they way they play.

they have some punks still in Carcillo and Hartnell.

I do give them credit for last night but I still think Chicago is way more talented than a team that was in the 7th spot in the East.

I respect Lavi, Gagne and Richards but am far from a fan

Go Hawks. They are so much more fun to watch and play like my 06 Canes with their up tempo game. I love fast paced playoff hockey.

Leighton is still shaky in my book. He sucked for my Canes. the team in front of him is better than he was with in Carolina

broncsfan21
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM

I hate Bobby Clarke with a passion. Also Paul Holmgren, mel bridgeman, moose dupont amongst others.

I do give them credit for last night but I still think Chicago is way more talented than a team that was in the 7th spot in the East.

Go Hawks. They are so much more fun to watch and play like my 06 Canes with their up tempo game. I love fast paced playoff hockey.

Leighton is still shaky in my book. He sucked for my Canes. the team in front of him is better than he was with in Carolina

Carcillo is a punk, he is the next Sean Avery. Hartnell, though, is just as chippy as any other powerforward in the league. Just look at the other end of the ice at Dustin Bfyuglien. Thats just the mentality of power forwards.

Thors Hammer
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM

I think the biggest thing that I dislike Bobby Clark for was the way he treated Eric Lindros when he was injured. I remember when Lindros had what he believed were cracked ribs, and Clark basically challenged his manhood. It turned out that Lindros had a collapsed lung, and had it not been for a teammate checking up on him, he may have died. Real classy Bobby.

As for the Hawks, I'm pulling for former UW Badger Adam Burish to get on the scoreboard. Not really a goal scorer, but he's a grinder who works really hard, plus he's a pretty big hitter.

I was kind of pulling for the Sharks to get to the cup finals because Joe Pavelski is a local kid who just exploded this post season.

Medford Bronco
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Well Philly played well tonight, except for some shaky 3rd period moments.

Now its best of 3 with Chicago having 2 home games.

Go Hawks.

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Good first period so far.

Hawks are dominating but that damn Leighton looks good.

Go Hawks. Come on Adrew Ladd a former Cane, score for Med.

Or Patrick Kane, my favorite Hawk along with Dunkin Keith

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Great job by the Hawks in the first.

I love it.

Versteeg picking the corner :peace:

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice Answer by Kane after Hartnell made it 3-1

**Edit** 5-2 after 2. Good job by the Hawks weathering the storm.

Glad Bfuglin (sp) scored. He looks like a fullback lol
:peace:

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
06-07-2010, 09:33 AM
That game wasn't as exciting for a neutral fan. I really hope this goes to 7 games.

The worst time of the year is coming... no hockey or football :(

Medford Bronco
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
That game wasn't as exciting for a neutral fan. I really hope this goes to 7 games.

The worst time of the year is coming... no hockey or football :(

I agree but I want the Cup won on Wednesday night, in front of the Philly fans.

I just want a team that deserves a Cup to get it done and not have to sweat out a loss. The Flyers are very resilient and should not be given any hope.

I dont like them but respect what they have done with Lavi.

Go Hawks have Byfuglin or Ladd get the GW in ot. Those guys are gritty players that play the game the right way. :salute::peace:

Medford Bronco
06-07-2010, 07:02 PM
This is what I want to see on Wed Night

Big Dustin Byuglin Scoring in OT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjIwD3axsh8)

Southstander
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Good to see you Med:salute:! I would CP you if I could.

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Flyers need to take game six then steal game 7 in chi. If the flyers have shown anything this post season its that in the face of an elimination game they rise to the occasion time after time. We need some good goaltending out of leighton hopefully he comes through for us.

Southstander
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Flyers need to take game six then steal game 7 in chi. If the flyers have shown anything this post season its that in the face of an elimination game they rise to the occasion time after time. We need some good goaltending out of leighton hopefully he comes through for us.

Is William Penn wearing a Flyers Jersey like he was back when you faced the Wings?

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Is William Penn wearing a Flyers Jersey like he was back when you faced the Wings?

Naa I think it is believed to be bad luck now since what happened in 1997. In 08 I herd they asked the phillies if they wanted the city to put a philies jersey or hat on Penn and they said no, so I guess its sorta taboo now.

Southstander
06-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Naa I think it is believed to be bad luck now since what happened in 1997. In 08 I herd they asked the phillies if they wanted the city to put a philies jersey or hat on Penn and they said no, so I guess its sorta taboo now.

Good. I am sorry, but I thought that was such a dopey idea.

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Good. I am sorry, but I thought that was such a dopey idea.

Yea I just hope they win, broad street gets pretty crazy when any sports team here wins something big. I just wished they woulda took the series sooner this playoff beard is getting annoying.

Southstander
06-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Yea I just hope they win, broad street gets pretty crazy when any sports team here wins something big. I just wished they woulda took the series sooner this playoff beard is getting annoying.

If Philly does it, that will be impressive for the city. With what the Phills did the past two seasons.

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
If Philly does it, that will be impressive for the city. With what the Phills did the past two seasons.

Yea hopefully they can pull it off because the people here could really use a lift. I say this because when football season comes around I dont think theres gonna be to many happy fans out there.

Southstander
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Yea hopefully they can pull it off because the people here could really use a lift. I say this because when football season comes around I dont think theres gonna be to many happy fans out there.

Yeah, I can see why.

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Go Philly,hope we can win the next one.

Medford Bronco
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I remember some of my most favorite days in sports.

6/19/06 the day when the Canes won the Cup

and 1/31/98, the day when Denver finally won the Super Bowl.

I just hope tonight for my uncle and all the good Hawk fans (I like them as well)
that they can win on enemy ice tonight.

Shoot high on shaky Leighton.

Go Hawks, http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200907/b298498cf130bc757fdf4ffc3ba9da33.jpg
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2007/02/hall_glenn_194x275_hawks.jpg

and

Medford Bronco
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Go Philly,hope we can win the next one.

Lots of respect for you but I cant be with you on this one :D

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Lots of respect for you but I cant be with you on this one :D

Great win for Chicago winning the Stanley cup,it was a hard fought game.Medford,i must say you know your hockey.:D