PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com's Bucky Brooks disagrees with ROD???

SLVR and Black
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Chargers given a B- draft grade (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81766762&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true), shocker for the best drafting GM in the league. Must be a conspiracy, that's the only thing that I can figure. :salute:

JakeNbake
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi. I'm ROD. ROFL YALL GOT c's ahhaha, Charger rule lol WUT!?

baphamet
04-12-2010, 12:24 PM
i stopped reading when he listed moreno as a "touchdown" :coffee:

Andyy_47
04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi. I'm ROD. ROFL YALL GOT c's ahhaha, Charger rule lol WUT!?

CRAIG DAVIS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eddie Royal. One year wonder LOL! FACT!

Lyghts Out
04-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Pro Football Weekly’s extensive, five-year (2004-2008) study analyzing drafting proficiency, which finds Smith, the Giants’ Ernie Accorsi and Jerry Reese, and the Colts’ Bill Polian as the only GMs ranked in the top 10 in percentage of on-roster players, starters and Pro Bowlers during that period.

The Chargers, in fact, were the only club ranked in the top four in each category, and they top the list in percentage of players drafted between 2004 and 2008 who have made the Pro Bowl once in the past two seasons. The League average is 5.6 percent. Top-rated San Diego is first, at 18.4 percent, the Jets second (13.2).
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/12/any-draft-good-one-j-smith/

Lyghts Out
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Counting Rivers, who was acquired from the New York Giants on draft day in 2004, Smith has drafted eight players who went on to be Pro Bowlers. Add to that number undrafted free agents Kris Dielman, Antonio Gates and Kassim Osgood. Those are numbers unmatched by any other current GM.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/18/smitten-with-smith/

Boltheads
04-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Counting Rivers, who was acquired from the New York Giants on draft day in 2004, Smith has drafted eight players who went on to be Pro Bowlers. Add to that number undrafted free agents Kris Dielman, Antonio Gates and Kassim Osgood. Those are numbers unmatched by any other current GM.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/18/smitten-with-smith/Case closed.

ChargersDivison
04-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Case closed.

Was there ever even a case?? AJ at his worst drafts better than the Broncos ever have at their best, it's stupid to insinuate otherwise. He's 50 times the GM anyone Den, KC or Oak has had. Get serious AFCW basement dwellers. That espestis is getting to you losers... SIT DOWN when the KING is present. Want to shut us up, just beat us for the division, that's all, someone else win it already it feels like it's been 20 years since someone won it. PATHETIC!!!

DevilSpawn
04-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Still, Smith is the first to acknowledge he hasn’t accomplished anything.

In fact, those were his exact words in a recent conversation:

“We haven’t accomplished anything.”
No mention of a #1 defense standing in his team's way. How odd.

He means that for all the regular-season success, the Chargers have yet to win a Super Bowl. They have yet to even play in one under his direction. They made it to the AFC Championship Game just once (in 2007) and have lost in the first round three times in their five playoff trips since 2004.
Isn't it funny that Al Davis' team is the last to make the Superbowl in this division. We're talking about a man who was way past his prime DURING that run. What gives?

Yet the architects of the Steelers, Patriots, Colts and Saints get to walk past a Lombardi Trophy their teams won in the past six years every day they come to work.
Oh wurd?

Lyghts Out
04-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey! Go find your own articles to quote from DS!!

jhildebrand
04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/18/smitten-with-smith/

Jerry Reese easily matches that. Simply put, his 2007 draft were all home runs and widely lauded as such. Let's not forget the part where he constructed a team that included Eli Manning beating the very same New England Patriots that Philip Rivers and AJ Smith couldn't solve.

ChargersDivison
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Jerry Reese easily matches that. Simply put, his 2007 draft were all home runs and widely lauded as such. Let's not forget the part where he constructed a team that included Eli Manning beating the very same New England Patriots that Philip Rivers and AJ Smith couldn't solve.

After the Chargers put Brady in a boot. Oh wait, what??

Like Indy beat NYJ after SD put 2 of their defensive players in cast.

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM

Those werent my words.

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Q: How do you measure your performance as a general manager?

A.J.: “I leave that for others. Success to me is winning a world championship. That’s all I think about. That’s all I care about. Only one team does that per year. We have not achieved that. So as far as I’m concerned we’re just building a championship-level team on a yearly basis, but we’re not successful until we hoist the trophy. I’d like us to have a playoff-caliber team every year. I’d like for us to always be in postseason play and have a chance to win a championship. I take pride in the fact that we’ve been doing that and have had many opportunities in the postseason. We’ve won many Western Division championships, which is a goal of ours because it means we’re in the playoffs, which is the sole purpose. We’re going to keep banging away and hopefully we’ll have a successful 2010. I hope at the end of 2010, the Chargers are in postseason again. The chase for the championship will begin again.”
http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/AJ-Smith-talks-draft/75c62678-d14e-43fe-aa14-dabce9f5c85e

There ya go DS, another one to dissect.