PDA

View Full Version : Which programs are the best for making Sigs???

thatkidhunt
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Ive always used McSmashie for my sigs, hes got it down to a science. There are a few other sig makers here that I enjoy. What programs do you guys use when making them?? Thanks in advance for the help.

chazoe60
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I know a lot of guys use PhotoShop. I use PS for my photography but have yet to delve into the graphic design type stuff. I will say this, I have PS CS4 which is a newer version of PS and I will probably never use all of it's abilities. It is an amazing program.

thatkidhunt
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I know a lot of guys use PhotoShop. I use PS for my photography but have yet to delve into the graphic design type stuff. I will say this, I have PS CS4 which is a newer version of PS and I will probably never use all of it's abilities. It is an amazing program.

Nice, Im definitley not big on this type of stuff either.

Im gonna download PS4 right now, thanks bud.

powderblues
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
The two most popular programs are photoshop and gimp. Photoshop cost money and gimp is free.

Personally, I use photoshop cs4. Its great.

If you need help let me know.

Southstander
04-13-2010, 10:38 PM
The two most popular programs are photoshop and gimp. Photoshop cost money and gimp is free.

Personally, I use photoshop cs4. Its great.

If you need help let me know.

I have never understood how to "cut" the players out and post them to a new background.

12and4
04-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I have never understood how to "cut" the players out and post them to a new background.

Theres like 10 ways to do that.

My favorite is to use the lasso tool freehand and trace out the images background and delete it little by little. also you could use the eraser tool.

CinnaMunMun
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM

My favorite is to use the lasso tool freehand and trace out the images background and delete it little by little. also you could use the eraser tool.

I personally use the rigid lasso tool and go slowly

Southstander
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM

I have tried both of those but could not get it to work. I think my problem is I use a laptop.

powderblues
04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Usually a draw an ellipse around the player and select inverse and delete everything. Then I use the lasso tool to select around them. It's time consuming but it will get you the best results.

If I find a quicker and easier way I will let you know.

Hoserman117
04-13-2010, 11:48 PM
CS4 has a pretty awesome background eraser tool.

xX-Bronco-Xx
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Polygonal lasso tool mixed is the most effective way to cut players out with the refine edges button.

At least for me.

thatkidhunt
04-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you all for your responces, I will try a couple different things.

:salute:

CHARGER$
04-14-2010, 04:28 PM
My way is probably the longest, i use the pen tool and make my way around the player. You have to zoom in like 300 or 400% and it takes about a billion click of the mouse but i like the outcome.

So did you end up getting PS?

thatkidhunt
04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
My way is probably the longest, i use the pen tool and make my way around the player. You have to zoom in like 300 or 400% and it takes about a billion click of the mouse but i like the outcome.

So did you end up getting PS?

No not yet, I started to download it and something on my computer went nutty and didnt, I should though ya think??

CHARGER$
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Might as well go with the best, although gimp is free and you can download it safe if ya know what i mean.

MHS
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
i use gimp. Pretty much the same as photoshop but if you are used to photoshop will take a little bit of adjusting.

It is totally free and an amazing program. Sorry i dont think any computer program is worth 800 dollars.

CHARGER$
04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
i use gimp. Pretty much the same as photoshop but if you are used to photoshop will take a little bit of adjusting.

It is totally free and an amazing program. Sorry i dont think any computer program is worth 800 dollars.

definitely a lot of adjusting, i still cant do half the things i used to do in gimp. I read somewhere gimp had the steepest learning curve, WRONG.