PDA

View Full Version : 20 innings of boring

Hoserman117
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Did anybody watch that 20 inning game between the Mets and Cardinals? I almost cried my eyes out from boredom, but for some reason I kept watching :goofy:

I guess it doesn't help that I don't like baseball.

Southstander
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Did anybody watch that 20 inning game between the Mets and Cardinals? I almost cried my eyes out from boredom, but for some reason I kept watching :goofy:

It does not help at all. To me March Madness is boring, that is why I do not watch it.

Would you say a NFL game that went into 4+ overtimes was boring? Even if it was tied at 0 - 0.

chazoe60
04-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I gotta disagree brutha. I love a good pitcher's duel. But, I'm the kinda guy who likes a smash mouth 10-7 football game too. Oh and I freakin' love baseball.

Broncoyearound
04-17-2010, 11:04 PM
The Cards is my baseball team. Did they win? I can easily check online but I'm too lazy lol. Baseball is hard to watch though I'll give you that. If you are sleepy prepare to catch those z's

Southstander
04-17-2010, 11:07 PM
The Cards is my baseball team. Did they win? I can easily check online but I'm too lazy lol. Baseball is hard to watch though I'll give you that. If you are sleepy prepare to catch those z's

No they did not. The Mets won 2 -1.

Hoserman117
04-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I just don't like baseball. It's very boring to me... Which sucks cause I could use something fun to watch when the NBA playoffs end and there's no football.

I saw the Rockies got a no-hitter though, so that's pretty cool :goofy:

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
I just don't like baseball. It's very boring to me... Which sucks cause I could use something fun to watch when the NBA playoffs end and there's no football.

I saw the Rockies got a no-hitter though, so that's pretty cool :goofy:

You should watch the NHL playoffs :rockon: They've been awesome so far.

Hoserman117
04-17-2010, 11:48 PM

I follow them but don't actively watch them. I prefer NBA playoffs :goofy:

Broncoyearound
04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I follow them but don't actively watch them. I prefer NBA playoffs :goofy:

Thanks for the update on the score. 2-1 mets :sad: oh well it happens. Who do you root for in the Nba? I'll get made fun of but I like the bulls but didn't like them when they had Jordan. I know crazy right I am one of the few out there that just didn't care much for Michael Jordan.

Fav new player to watch though is stephen curry that guy is a beast. Fav current point guard though remains CP followed closely by Williams but I could easily put Rose their with them. Someone get that man some help in Chicago the cavs put it on us today :sad:

Hoserman117
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the update on the score. 2-1 mets :sad: oh well it happens. Who do you root for in the Nba? I'll get made fun of but I like the bulls but didn't like them when they had Jordan. I know crazy right I am one of the few out there that just didn't care much for Michael Jordan.

Fav new player to watch though is stephen curry that guy is a beast. Fav current point guard though remains CP followed closely by Williams but I could easily put Rose their with them. Someone get that man some help in Chicago the cavs put it on us today :sad:

:laugh: I like the Cavs.

jetrazor74
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM

Basketball and NASCAR are boring. Unless it's the last 5 minutes of a close game or the last 10 or 15 laps of the race. Everything that precedes that is monotony, really.

I mean really, when a team scores 50 buckets in a game, who cares about the first 45? :laugh:

Broncoyearound
04-18-2010, 01:19 AM
:laugh: I like the Cavs.

Respect. Man I thought Shaq played tremendous for you guys. You all just have too much firepower for us to keep up with.

12and4
04-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Basketball and NASCAR are boring. Unless it's the last 5 minutes of a close game or the last 10 or 15 laps of the race. Everything that precedes that is monotony, really.

I mean really, when a team scores 50 buckets in a game, who cares about the first 45? :laugh:

when a season drags on 16 games, who cares about the first 14?

:P

jetrazor74
04-18-2010, 02:59 AM
when a season drags on 16 games, who cares about the first 14?

:P

Apples and oranges my friend. :salute!:

Bronco_Armada
04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Not a big baseball guy, despite most of my family are fanatics. My dad is a season ticket holder to the Yankees. When my cousin passed away last September he was cremated and put into a Yankee urn, the handle is his autographed Babe Rush baseball.

Wish he could have been around to see the Yankees win one last time.

I wish my grandfather had all those Yankee baseballs he had autographed back in the 20s and 30s when he use to sneak in to watch games when he was a kid. I would be a millionaire. He use to trade them for candy and other garbage.

Southstander
04-18-2010, 04:57 PM

I do not understand how people say cars going 180 MPH door handle to door handle is boring.

CanDB
04-18-2010, 05:36 PM

I am a bit biased (canuck), but I agree. The NHL playoffs are end to end play, with few breaks. If you've ever played the game you know how hard it is to play at that level of intensity. I like baseball, but it a slow sport.....sometimes it is agonizing in that regard.

4th Amigo
04-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I do not understand how people say cars going 180 MPH door handle to door handle is boring.

No kidding South, I love to watch car racing! Although I do tend to prefer F1 to Nascar, but I like both!

4th Amigo
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I am a bit biased (canuck), but I agree. The NHL playoffs are end to end play, with few breaks. If you've ever played the game you know how hard it is to play at that level of intensity. I like baseball, but it a slow sport.....sometimes it is agonizing in that regard.

Yea, to me watching baseball is more like a fun thing to do with the family or buddies, if you want to kind of "leisurely" watch a sport, but it definitely doesn't have as much intensity as football or hockey!

VenomousDB
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM

You could pretty much say that about any sport now couldnt ya

VenomousDB
04-18-2010, 09:19 PM

Pshh Canucks..thats pretty much like having the Raiders as your favorite team. :P

Southstander
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I think we will all agree the most boring think in all of sports is a slow mo replay of a golf putt.

CanDB
04-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Pshh Canucks..thats pretty much like having the Raiders as your favorite team. :P

Not the Raiders......believe it or not, many, many years ago I liked them.....but I was young and didn't know any better. I did like Kenny Stabler and Fred Biletnikoff. Sorry.....I'm just a silly canuck, and it was at least 30 years ago!!

*on bended knees, with tears in his eyes (maybe it was the onions, or the hay fever)*

Southstander
04-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Not the Raiders......believe it or not, many, many years ago I liked them.....but I was young and didn't know any better. I did like Kenny Stabler and Fred Biletnikoff. Sorry.....I'm just a silly canuck, and it was at least 30 years ago!!

*on bended knees, with tears in his eyes (maybe it was the onions, or the hay fever)*

What's next you where a Yankees fan.

VenomousDB
04-18-2010, 09:53 PM
What's next you where a Yankees fan.

Hahaha

___