PDA

View Full Version : Official: Draft smack

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 08:20 AM
The time is almost upon us, and I thought we could all use a thread to get together and share a laugh at the Donkeys futile attempts to fill their once talented roster!!! Good luck with Tebow Donks!!!

SLVR and Black
04-21-2010, 08:51 AM
"With the 8th selection of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Jacoby Ford." :sad:

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 09:01 AM
"With the 8th selection of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Jacoby Ford." :sad:

Im hearin' you guys may trade for B Rottenbooger. Whaddaya think of that?

RaiderFanSD
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM

We've hit a new low if that happens...

Ed Canfield
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
The time is almost upon us, and I thought we could all use a thread to get together and share a laugh at the Donkeys futile attempts to fill their once talented roster!!! Good luck with Tebow Donks!!!

Yeah, laugh at us, but in between your chuckles, maybe learn how to win a superbowl ok sparky!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
The last time AJ had a good draft was in 07' when he left his front door open.

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
The guys on the SVP ESPN Radio show are saying theyve heard rumors of an Orton and #11 for Ben!!! No BSing here......whattaya think about that Donkeys? I feel like that would make you guys Playoff Contenders if it were inked. + youd still have a first rder, thanks to Cutler.

BroncoPower
04-21-2010, 12:13 PM

I think you should change your name from Lyghts out to Lyghts off cause Merriman is DONE in the NFL.

SLVR and Black
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
I think you should change your name from Lyghts out to Lyghts off cause Merriman is DONE in the NFL.No need to turn it off, it's already out -- no need to say the light's on and nobody's home, the light's off so we can see that nobody lives there. And you know it's off because the bulb burnt out 2 years ago, due in part to bad wiring that sent too much juice over the wires.

BroncoPower
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
No need to turn it off, it's already out -- no need to say the light's on and nobody's home, the light's off so we can see that nobody lives there. It's like if someone tells you to turn off the light, even though the bulb burnt out 2 years ago, partially due to bad wiring, which sent too much juice over the wires.

Haha nice analogy!!

BroncoPower
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Anyway, back to topic. I'd think that we have a SB winning QB and you don't. Not the first time this has happened. Not that McDaniels would take a psycho like Ben.

LSIGRAD09
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
The guys on the SVP ESPN Radio show are saying theyve heard rumors of an Orton and #11 for Ben!!! No BSing here......whattaya think about that Donkeys? I feel like that would make you guys Playoff Contenders if it were inked. + youd still have a first rder, thanks to Cutler.

OOh, that's a tough one, Ben has talent.........but he is an idiot.

Hoserman117
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
My sig mock draft would cure all ailments :D

ChargersDivison
04-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Anyway, back to topic. I'd think that we have a SB winning QB and you don't. Not the first time this has happened. Not that McDaniels would take a psycho like Ben.

Too bad you'd be stuck with your D and not Pit's D, so you would fall to normal Den form of being a irrelevant non-playoff team.

VancePants
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Too bad you'd be stuck with your D and not Pit's D, so you would fall to normal Den form of being a irrelevant non-playoff team.

Too bad your team is an irrelevant playoff team, at least when the Broncos get to the playoffs. Some of the time they get to the Super Bowl, but I guess you fans don't know what that's like. The Chokers are like Haley's Comet, they pass by the Super Bowl every 75 years or so.

ChargersDivison
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Too bad your team is an irrelevant playoff team, at least when the Broncos get to the playoffs. Some of the time they get to the Super Bowl, but I guess you fans don't know what that's like. The Chokers are like Haley's Comet, they pass by the Super Bowl every 75 years or so.

Some of the time?? lol!!

The millennium was the end of the world last time you made it. Since then 1 playoff win.

VancePants
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Some of the time?? lol!!

The millennium was the end of the world last time you made it. Since then 1 playoff win.

Don't worry dude, you guys are due a Super Bowl in about 2069. Hope you'll still be alive then :D

Plus 11 years ago isn't as long as 16 years ago for the Chokers

BroncoPower
04-21-2010, 06:33 PM

I feel bad for you. Just think ROD, you have never seen a SD Superbowl parade.
Probably never will.

Actually, i don't feel bad at all. SD Suck ***:D

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
So with the 11th peck the Broncos select who?

Broncosojia
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Hopefully Dez Bryant

BroncoPower
04-21-2010, 07:11 PM

We trade back and take Pouncey. Then we'll probably trade back into the first using one of our 2nds and take Tebow. Arrelious Benn with the other 2nd.

Chillez
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM

Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain! :salute!:

Lyghts Out
04-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain! :salute!:

Thats what Ive been hearing.

Im hopin we get a stud RB and NT with #28 and #40

Beagle
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Some of the time?? lol!!

So what you're saying is the last time the idiots( your Brethren) thought the world was going to end the Broncos steped up and won a couple of superbowls. 2012 is fast approaching.The Chargers better get a move on before you shave your head castrate yourself and fill your pockets with silver dollars eh?.

CHARGER$
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I really dont think its a good move for the broncos to draft dez with their first pick, it just doesnt seem right that you trade a proven WR then try to replace him with your first pick, seems like a waste. I think if they can get McClain and try to pick a WR with a later pick they would be better off.

JakeNbake
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I really dont think its a good move for the broncos to draft dez with their first pick, it just doesnt seem right that you trade a proven WR then try to replace him with your first pick, seems like a waste. I think if they can get McClain and try to pick a WR with a later pick they would be better off.

I agree, I'd rather not draft Dez or McClain though. I'm hoping for a Trade back or VVilliams.

Hoserman117
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM

Odrick :fight: I'd rather trade down and get him, but he's still my favorite pick at 11. We need a dominant DE.

Chillez
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Thats what Ive been hearing.

Im hopin we get a stud RB and NT with #28 and #40

Yeah I think you guys are going draft Ryan Matthews.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
According to Kevin Acee (local reporter), these are the list of prospects for the Chargers first couple of rounds (including Odrick, who I didnt know anything about)http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/22/immediate-recharge/:

Brian Price, defensive lineman, UCLA, 6-feet-1, 303 pounds

Price is referred to here as a defensive lineman — rather than specifying tackle or end — because he can play inside or outside and would fit in well with what the Chargers are doing on the line. Jamal Williams is gone. Stop thinking pure 3-4 with Ron Rivera as the defensive coordinator and line coach Don Johnson mixing up a rotation. Price could provide for many years the kind of disruptive force the Chargers need upfront. He explodes off the line, has no character issues and is super strong.

(Projections have Price going somewhere in the final few picks of the first round or early in the second. No one has him going this high, which would make him the perfect Smith pick.)

Taylor Mays, safety, USC, 6-3, 230:

Mays is a ferocious hitter who is a little bigger and a lot faster than former Trojans teammate Kevin Ellison. That could make him Ellison’s replacement or prompt a move to strong safety by Eric Weddle. The downside is that, as has been the problem of late with the Chargers’ defensive backs, Mays is not a game-changing playmaker. He had just five interceptions in three seasons at USC. But his positives would make him a solid addition as an immediate starter.

(Most project Mays to be gone by No. 28, but there is also thought he could fall to the second round.)

Dan Williams, nose tackle, Tennessee, 6-2, 327:

This is the pick that would have fans immediately declaring Smith’s first-round drought over. Williams is a prototypical run-stopper with a low center of gravity and above-average strength. He dropped 30 pounds from a year ago and is being considered the top “nose” in the draft after a stellar senior season.

(Williams probably doesn’t make it past Arizona at No. 26, if the Cardinals are fortunate enough to have him fall that far.)

Ryan Mathews, running back, Fresno State, 6-0, 218:

Mathews is perhaps the best all-around back in the draft, and his availability could prompt the Chargers to address their running back need first. He doesn’t have breakaway speed, but he is fast enough and breaks tackles. He has been the most talked about possibility with this pick.

(It is increasingly believed the Houston Texans will take Mathews at No. 20.)

Jared Odrick, defensive end, Penn State, 6-5, 304:

Odrick is listed as a tackle but would play outside for the Chargers. He is strong and quick enough, though he will find tougher matchups in the NFL.

(This might be a little high for him to be taken. A late bloomer of sorts, he is also an ideal Smith pick.)

Terrence Cody, nose tackle, Alabama, 6-4, 349:

There will be times he reminds one of Jamal Williams because of his ability to get off blocks and his size. But Cody isn’t as strong as Williams and there are worries about his weight and durability.

(This could be a reach, despite Cody’s enormous potential.)

-Rod-
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Could the Chargers consider a WR in the 1st round? Someone like Bay Bay or Arrelious Benn?

baphamet
04-22-2010, 03:00 PM

you mean when you had elway and TD? those days are long gone, your team isn't good enough to even get to the playoffs let alone win a game when you get there.

Denver's time is over, rebuilding is a mofo isn't it? :smug:

it is also funny that a fan of the record breaking choke job artist's Denver broncos would refer to another team as "the chokers" :laugh:

DishWater
04-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Two words: Ryan Leaf.

HAHA!

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Two words: Ryan Leaf.

HAHA!Biggest draft bust of all time.

DishWater
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
The Chargers have had some successes in recent years, in the draft. Shanahan didn't, and that's partly why he's gone. The Broncos have lurked around mediocrity as a result, and the Chargers have done little to nothing with their own drafted talent.

I don't think either team has the upper hand in this.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
The countdown has begun!!!! I have a feeling something VERY large, tradewise, will happen by pick #10.

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
The beer is cold, the snacks are ready, no housework was done, The GF is pissed off, BRING ON THE DRAFT!!

:peace:

SLVR and Black
04-22-2010, 04:08 PM
The beer is cold, the snacks are ready, no housework was done, The GF is pissed off, BRING ON THE DRAFT!!

EddieMac = Gamer. :salute: :D

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
EddieMac = Gamer. :salute: :D

I learned from the best on these boards my friend haha

chazoe60
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Biggest draft bust of all time.

In all honesty I think Russell may end up being bigger, and here is why: With Leaf the Chargers became aware of his bustness fairly quickly if I remember right. As far as busts go, Leaf was kinda like a band-aid, he was ripped off fast to reduce the pain. The Raiders, because of Al's stubbornness, will end up wasting way too much time on this clown. And I think him being the 1st overall versus Leaf as the 2nd overall makes a little bit of difference. Also, the money is much more with Russell.

Although, for whatever reason Russell kills the damned Broncos.:sad: If he could play us every week he'd be a HOFer

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
If the Raiders pick up an early QB or do the trade for Roethlisberger I think he takes the bust crown, and then will bling it up a little more to thank God for all his stuff.

:smash:

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 04:33 PM
LMAO the Raiders might draft Mike Iupati at 8 overall :laugh:

So stupid. That team will never be competitive until they get a real GM and Al Davis is resting in peace.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 04:38 PM

lol....so funny. Spot on tho. Sam Bradford just picked @ #1

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 04:42 PM
1st beer done, 1st pick gone....I sense a pattern here.....NEXT!!

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I better drink faster...

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
No worries, as Im sure you are probably drinking Coors....you should be able to go beer for pick no problem!!! Dos Equis Amber for me!!

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I am on the Guinness tonight.....Badddddddddddd news

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Guinness is in a class all by itself. Good luck w/that.

Chiefs take a stud/ball hawk S - Eric Berry (probably took him just to combat Rivers)

Freestyle
04-22-2010, 05:18 PM
With his hairline I thought Clausen would be the heir apparent to Hasselbeck.

Freestyle
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Tebow had better be a damn smokescreen.

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Raiders :laugh:

Please pick Bryan Bulaga (most overrated prospect in the draft) or Mike Iupati (8 is too high for a guard)

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
us Canadians don't as big a leap drinking the stuff, however...Lyghtsout after a six haha

Freestyle
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Ohhhh... Rolando McClain for Oakland. Raiders always reaching. Good player though, Oakland seems to get production of their LBs.

Freestyle
04-22-2010, 05:46 PM
San Diego leap frogged us. Hmmm...

Thors Hammer
04-22-2010, 05:47 PM
San Diego leap frogged us. Hmmm...

Dan Williams??? Ryan Matthews???

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 05:51 PM
:laugh: I'm thinking that Mathews was a HUGE reach at 12. The Broncos weren't going to take him....unless they knew a team behind the Broncos that wanted him.

WhoDeyBengals
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
:laugh: I'm thinking that Mathews was a HUGE reach at 12. The Broncos weren't going to take him....unless they knew a team behind the Broncos that wanted him.

Agreed! What the bloody Chipotle crap was San Diego thinking?!!? A second, a fourth and a first for the #13 and a scrub LB?!? Really, Chargers? Really?!

CHARGER$
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Wow just that quickly we have the best running back in the afc west again!:D

baphamet
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
yeah i don't know about that move, Mathews better be worth it that's all i have to say. :ugh:

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't like trading the 2nd round pick. But I'mma trust in AJ and believe the hype that Matthews is the next AD, who also was called injury prone in college.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
We werent worried about the Donks, but the 'Hawks behind you guys....we just didnt want to deal picks to our division. We gave up ALOT...but we got the player we wanted. We did not need Spiller or Best as we have Sproles in lieu of those guys. We got a beast, but I sure wish we wouldve given up next years second rd'er instead, as we'll have two next year.

Im glad we got him, but I think the loss of Dobbins, also thrown in the deal, is our worst loss this offseason....I liked that guy alot. It seems we are always dealing with the fins.

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
We werent worried about the Donks, but the 'Hawks behind you guys....we just didnt want to deal picks to our division. We gave up ALOT...but we got the player we wanted. We did not need Spiller or Best as we have Sproles in lieu of those guys. We got a beast, but I sure wish we wouldve given up next years second rd'er instead, as we'll have two next year.

Im glad we got him, but I think the loss of Dobbins, also thrown in the deal, is our worst loss this offseason....I liked that guy alot. It seems we are always dealing with the fins.

It said we got Dobbins and swapped 1st and gave up a 4th and 2nd.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I like the fact that he is considered the best blocking RB in the draft....weve needed that for awhile now.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
It said we got Dobbins and swapped 1st and gave up a 4th and 2nd.

I think we swapped 4th's and got a 6th from them as well....but I understand Tim was part of that deal too :(

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Chargers receive:
First-round pick (No. 12): Ryan Mathews
Fourth-round pick (No. 110)
Sixth-round pick (No. 173)
Dolphins receive:
Linebacker Tim Dobbins
First-round pick (No. 28)
Second-round pick (No. 40)
Fourth-round pick (No. 126)

Analysis: The Chargers moved into position to get a player who they hope can replace the production of LaDainian Tomlinson, who signed with the Jets this offseason.

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Never mind we got a higher 4th when we swapped, we got a 6th and gave them Dobbins, 2nd and a lower 4th.

Not as bad as I initially thought. Wish we would of gave a next year 2nd instead and snatched Cody in the 2nd this year.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Never mind we got a higher 4th when we swapped, we got a 6th and gave them Dobbins, 2nd and a lower 4th.

Not as bad as I initially thought. Wish we would of gave a next year 2nd instead and snatched Cody in the 2nd this year.

Kind of interesting the way the draft is set up now over three days, itll leave AJ that much more time to concoct something clever. I was kinda worried about NT too, but hell, when you look at it, we DID go 13-3 last year w/the crew we currently have. We got our stud at RB, for that I am happy.....and Im sure Rivers is too!

baphamet
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't like trading the 2nd round pick. But I'mma trust in AJ and believe the hype that Matthews is the next AD, who also was called injury prone in college.

me either, we basically traded a first, second, 4th, and tim dobbins for a player that has never taken a snap in the NFL.

especially when you consider that the second round pick was likely for a NT, so the defense may suffer because of this too.

if this kid doesn't turn out to be a top 5 running back in the league then this deal doesn't look good to me.

i would have rather traded up and god a NT to be honest.

that said, we will now see just how "genius" AJ really is, if he scores with Mathews then i am sure everyone (including myself) will gain respect for AJ.

but if not, the dude is going to get a lot more heat, that is all i have to say.

baphamet
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Kind of interesting the way the draft is set up now over three days, itll leave AJ that much more time to concoct something clever. I was kinda worried about NT too, but hell, when you look at it, we DID go 13-3 last year w/the crew we currently have. We got our stud at RB, for that I am happy.....and Im sure Rivers is too!

yes but if we had a quality NT we would likely have a lot better run defense, which was a huge factor in getting us knocked out of the playoffs.

the offense rolled without much of a running game, its the defense that really struggled as a whole.

we could have gotten by with another back in the second or third and drafted yet another one next year after sproles leaves.

we would have then shored up an even greater need by getting a quality NT, that position is the greatest need this off season for the chargers IMO.

not only that but i believe a lot of the chargers running problems is the run blocking as well.

i really hope we get that figured out or Mathews may have a hell of a time, his rookie season at least.

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
We got a higher 4th which is good. Dobbins for a 6th, which is good.

Got Matthews which is great. 2nd round pick ehhh we could maybe of used that to get Dan Williams, he's still on the board no??

LOL @ Den taking Tebow in the 1st?? OMG EPIC!

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
04-22-2010, 07:10 PM
We got a higher 4th which is good. Dobbins for a 6th, which is good.

Got Matthews which is great. 2nd round pick ehhh we could maybe of used that to get Dan Williams, he's still on the board no??

LOL @ Den taking Tebow in the 1st?? OMG EPIC!

LOL....passing on Clausen & McCoy to take Tebow in the 1st has to raise some eyebrows.

WhoDeyBengals
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Congratulations to the Denver Broncos for drafting the first virgin in NFL draft history.

CHARGER$
04-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Is it really a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for tebow? wow

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
welp, its a qb league and mcdaniels says he knows qb's. we shall see.
tebow will give it his all thats for sure. i know all of you charger fans are going to diss our pick but give the kid a chance before he's labled as a bust.

sucks that buffalo was trying to trade up and get tebow as well. probably forced us to give up more when we traded up.

WhoDeyBengals
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd like to add this to my previous post: I'd like to congratulate the Denver Broncos for vastly overpaying for the first virgin ever to be selected in the NFL draft.

Lyghts Out
04-22-2010, 08:11 PM
yes but if we had a quality NT we would likely have a lot better run defense, which was a huge factor in getting us knocked out of the playoffs.

the offense rolled without much of a running game, its the defense that really struggled as a whole.

we could have gotten by with another back in the second or third and drafted yet another one next year after sproles leaves.

we would have then shored up an even greater need by getting a quality NT, that position is the greatest need this off season for the chargers IMO.

not only that but i believe a lot of the chargers running problems is the run blocking as well.

i really hope we get that figured out or Mathews may have a hell of a time, his rookie season at least.
I hear you on the run blocking, but were we really going to get a quality NT @ #28? AJ should be able to work a lil magic and get a guy in the 3rd with as much talent as a guy that was @ #28 *crosses fingers*. We got a stud player at a position we needed.....thats a definite positive. We are better than we were yesterday. Im hopin the UCLA NT will be able to be sequestered by us somehow.

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
In fairness months ago I said Tebow will go down as 1 of the best NFL players ever.

Unfortunately I thought he would be on a team with atleast some kind of offensive talent to help him. Even Dez Bryant atleast.

Den has Quinn and Tebow. 2 of the most polarizing QB's to come out of college in a long long time. Look at the bright side Den fans, your team just became more interesting to the nation to actually watch. As long as Poop Orton isn't starting, otherwise back to the most boring.

Freestyle
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
We lost value overall in trades today, but not by much according to the draft chart. Like in the 30ish point range on every trade.

No question, McD and Xanders zero in on someone they like, and sell out to get them. Hard to say how good they are at evaluating talent, this is year 2 for last year's rookie class and I expect more. We don't get more homegrown talent, we won't compete... and these Charger fans will be on this board forever. I like the fact that he identified the offense as needing a shot in the arm, they were poop most of last year.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html
That's an interesting link, because it shows Tebow as the highest rated passer in the history of SEC college ball... and one of the most dominate players of all time but damn. McD is creating a situation like Cleveland with a couple of young guys fighting each other, turns out neither developed.

Mastema
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Is it really a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for tebow? wow

You're on dope. 14-2? You best be looking at 9-7.

jcdavey
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
no smack from me

i like what every afc west team did

raiders got a good player not a reach, sd reached but it was for a player they really coveted at a position that was a big failure last year, even more so than the NT position, denver made some nice trades and ended up with who they want and may not be done trading, and kc got probably the best safety in the draft

also of note, holy crap the jets have the best cover cbs in the nfl in a long time

revis, kyle wilson, and cro , man to man gods

i talk alot of crap about boise st. because they do play many a creampuff, but when you're leading all the time and still you produce the best cover cb in the entire draft, well that means that guy is really really really good.

jets did better in picking wilson, than any of their free agency pickups...mark that down, kyle wilson will be great IMO.

now ok i said no smack, but i'll talk a little

jags reach was the worst in quite sometime IMO

we'll see how it works out but wow......

jcdavey
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to the Denver Broncos for drafting the first virgin in NFL draft history.HAHA!

good for tim!!!!

patience is a virtue!

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I say Bleh to our Division today:

We....well we drafted Tebow..today
Chargers...way to jump up
Raders..too early but great player
KC..Kudos, hows that O-line doing?

AFC East = nice work this whole off-season

EddieMac
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
HAHA!

good for tim!!!!

patience is a virtue!

Until he gets some for the first time...then who cares about football!!!

One day that'll happen to ROD, then there will be peace...

Thors Hammer
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
no smack from me

raiders got a good player not a reach, sd reached but it was for a player they really coveted at a position that was a big failure last year, even more so than the NT position, denver made some nice trades and ended up with who they want and may not be done trading, and kc got probably the best safety in the draft

also of note, holy crap the jets have the best cover cbs in the nfl in a long time

i talk alot of crap about boise st. because they do play many a creampuff, but when you're leading all the time and still you produce the best cover cb in the entire draft, well that means that guy is really really really good.

jets did better in picking wilson, than any of their free agency pickups...mark that down, kyle wilson will be great IMO.

Holy crap, anyone think Rex might do a little blitzing this coming year?

TonyGFortheTD
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I say Bleh to our Division today:

We....well we drafted Tebow..today
Chargers...way to jump up
Raders..too early but great player
KC..Kudos, hows that O-line doing?

AFC East = nice work this whole off-season

Yeah, because the Chiefs just can't get a lineman with 2 second round picks.

Q_Q more

gorky
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
no smack from me

Agreed 100% with your assessment.

I really do think all four teams will be competitive this year. And that is a good thing.

The Jets really are starting to look like the team to beat. They will be hard to throw on that's for sure. (Good thing you got a RB who should do well!)

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Jets are going to be scary good. Luckily we dont get em till the Playoffs, and they have to play Pats/Fins twice.

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 08:26 AM
They weren’t going to get what they wanted for nothing. Bill Parcells was working the phone in Miami, so they had to give up something to get something. That’s how it works — unless you’re dealing with a fool, and as Smith knows only too well, Parcells doesn’t fit that profile.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/23/big-move-up-big-gamble-big-pressure-on-rookie-rb/

“When you’ve been around great backs like I have (LT here for one, Emmitt Smith in Dallas, for two), you sense it when you see the tape. He’s got vision; he’s physical; he’s got great speed. He has very similar speed to LT.”

Comparing him to LT, Raye said: “I like the fact that he’s a three-down back. We feel he can handle the load. We feel we can put him on the field every down. He’s A-plus all across the board.”

If anything, it showed how much stock Turner puts in the running game, contrary to public opinion.

“Our system is in place,” Turner said. “LT led the league in rushing in 2007.”

And there was little chance Mathews was going to fall to 28th. The consensus was that Houston, picking 20th overall, wouldn’t allow that to happen, for sure. And it’s quite possible Smith sensed Mathews could go earlier than that, possibly to Seattle at 14.

Going in, many people thought Smith also would be looking to take a nose tackle very high — and he generally puts defense first — but he obviously thought that if he could get a difference maker, he was willing to go for it.

As it was, Mathews, who grew up following the Chargers and idolizing LT — to the point of wearing No. 21 — seemed to be dreading a Houston phone call.

“All this talk about Houston really started to scare me,” he said via conference call.

DishWater
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I like the Matthews pick, actually. With Spiller going to the Bills, there was no telling where the next RB would be taken, or how early.

The only thing I'd dislike from a Charger fan perspective is Tom Dobbins is apparently gone. Certainly he was depth, but nonetheless it seemed it was, with all the picks, a steep price to pay with a known commodity.

On our draft:

What can you really say? Either this will be one of the greatest first rounds in NFL history or the trigger that pushes us further into mediocrity.

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I like the Matthews pick, actually. With Spiller going to the Bills, there was no telling where the next RB would be taken, or how early.

The only thing I'd dislike from a Charger fan perspective is Tom Dobbins is apparently gone. Certainly he was depth, but nonetheless it seemed it was, with all the picks, a steep price to pay with a known commodity.

On our draft:

What can you really say? Either this will be one of the greatest first rounds in NFL history or the trigger that pushes us further into mediocrity.

Agree about Dobbins (Its Tim btw), I really liked the guy....he definitely had a hand in winning a game last season (I forget which one exactly, but I remember having my eyes oopened to his talent/presence).

I think you guys are really building for the future, which is rare these days....McD has the highest self-confidence/ego Ive ever seen!!!!

ChargersDivison
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Agree about Dobbins (Its Tim btw), I really liked the guy....he definitely had a hand in winning a game last season (I forget which one exactly, but I remember having my eyes oopened to his talent/presence).

I think you guys are really building for the future, which is rare these days....McD has the highest self-confidence/ego Ive ever seen!!!!

I think you are thinking about Siler, who was crucial in the goal line 4th down stop vs DAL and was a beast when he took over at ILB.

Siler will be our best defensive player in 2010 follow by Weddle, Ellison and then Merriman, Phillips, Jammer..

Dobbins was a good ST player, but he isn't a big loss. That 2nd round loss was kinda big, but whatever. We still have same amount of draft picks that we had before the draft started.

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I think you are thinking about Siler, who was crucial in the goal line 4th down stop vs DAL and was a beast when he took over at ILB.

Siler will be our best defensive player in 2010 follow by Weddle, Ellison and then Merriman, Phillips, Jammer..

Dobbins was a good ST player, but he isn't a big loss. That 2nd round loss was kinda big, but whatever. We still have same amount of draft picks that we had before the draft started.

You are absolutely right. Whew, that makes me feel even better about this deal now. Thanks for the clarification!!