PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence: Cutler vs McDaniels

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry if this was already posted...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/martz-wowed-by-cutler-better-than-i-thought.html

Martz wowed by Cutler: 'Better than I thought'
April 20, 2010 1:09 PM | 53 Comments
By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."

PS THANKS AGAIN MC(Insert expletive here.)

Still can not believe you guys supporting this pathetic coach. Is there really ONE move he has made that has really improved our team?

BroncoFan1088
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Not yet he has still not improved the team but he undoubtedly deserves this season to prove whether he is capable of improving the Broncos or not.

As of now, he has failed to improve the team as we finished 8-8.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey here's an original thread :incomplete:

And furthermore who gives a crap how smart Cutler is, the fact is he didn't want to be here and Coach didn't want him here, so why bother posting this?

yaz96
04-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey here's an original thread

Naw, this one deserves 5 -

:incomplete: :incomplete: :incomplete: :incomplete: :incomplete:

Oh, an idiotic poll to boot!

owninit
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Martz realizes praise, and kid gloves are the only way to pamper a baby...

JW7

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/martz-wowed-by-cutler-better-than-i-thought.html

By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."

Still can not believe you guys supporting this pathetic coach. Is there really ONE move he has made that has really improved our team?

26 picks, nuff' said

theognj
Weird, a coach saying nice things about player with a fragile mind. What was he supposed to say? Nice article about the Bears, this should be in other teams though.

NAUbroncofan
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
10 characters

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Naw, this one deserves 5 -

:incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::i ncomplete:

:laugh: Thank you! Oh and before this thread gets locked and/or deleted, understand that people have different opinions OP.

HurricaneDovs
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah for the past year most analysts have been saying how great a talent Cutler is and blah blah blah.

And yet last year he threw 26 ints.

One more guy saying hes great is not going to convince me hes great. If he shows it then we'll talk.

noobius
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Odd that someone with such a beautiful mind hasn't recognized the correlation between throwing into triple coverage and interceptions.

TD30*
04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
wait. you're telling me that when a dude was an analyst and ripped on a guy, who then has to coach the same player is giving a bunch of hyperbole to get on his good side?

get the **** out of here...

4th Amigo
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not going to argue with you regarding McD.....you are obviously a Cutler fan and don't care to take an objective look, you just hate him for trading your BFF....

But regarding Martz, what do you think he is going to say???

"After arriving here and seeing Jay practice, he really isn't as good as I thought he would be"....

or

"Jay is just as good as I thought he was".....

give me a break, use your brain.....

Martz is on a new team as OC, given another chance to succeed in the league, of coarse he is exuberent.....it's called lip service, just the same as any other coach would say after arriving at his new team to see his new QB......

Take your hate somewhere else.....:salute!:

yaz96
INTELLIGENCE - OP vs. anyone else (or Cutler)

Crush77
Your right... I much rather have Orton!!! OOops I forgot we have B. Quinn now too! Sad you see a baby, majority of the NFL would love to have his talent and ability. Kind of like a former Super Bowl winning coach who feels like a kid in a candy store.

Just like you did when we got him in the draft.

Point is McD was wrong and Cutler was right for getting out while he could!

McDanilels Needs to GO!

McDaniels is
:incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::i ncomplete::incomplete:

beat255
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
:incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::incomplete:

That's all I've got to say.

dizzolve
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
And what could they have possibly been doing here in preseason that could show such ability especially when it's been scaled back to the basics??

Lifting weights? Im sure he's good at that

NAUbroncofan
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Why dont you change your sig to cutler in 2009...lulz

Crush77
Well when you are used to a coach talking about Orton in the same light, I am sure you can be confused...

Yes, I LOVED Cutler. He had a lot learn (LIKE ELWAY.) But he also has what took us ten years to find. You are the one who can not take an objective look. I LOVE THE BRONCOS, I HATE MCDANIELS

Get it yet?

I'm not going to argue with you regarding McD.....you are obviously a Cutler fan and don't care to take an objective look, you just hate him for trading your BFF....

But regarding Martz, what do you think he is going to say???

"After arriving here and seeing Jay practice, he really isn't as good as I thought he would be"....

or

"Jay is just as good as I thought he was".....

give me a break, use your brain.....

Martz is on a new team as OC, given another chance to succeed in the league, of coarse he is exuberent.....it's called lip service, just the same as any other coach would say after arriving at his new team to see his new QB......

Take your hate somewhere else.....:salute!:

lolcopter
that's not a loaded question or anything

logic failure

yaz96
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Or his screen name to CrushOnCutler?

lolcopter
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
:incomplete::incomplete::incomplete::incomplete:

That's all I've got to say.

you need 26 of these that say IN-TER-CEPTED

JW7
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Or he could add to his 2008 sig.

Maybe along the lines of leading his team to an 8-8 record.

lolcopter
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
also, why is martz having to reteach cutler the fundamentals??

i thought he was already god's gift to QBs????

beat255
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
you need 26 of these that say IN-TER-CEPTED

:laugh: Good one.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

DARN IT MAN! I was just going to post the same thing!! :laugh:

Cutler in 2009

Cried his way out of Denver
26 INTS
Failed to lead Bears to playoffs despite being built up like the savior of Chicago
Regularly can be seen either pouting or showing no emotion on sidelines
26 INTS :peace:

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
also, why is martz having to reteach cutler the fundamentals??

i thought he was already god's gift to QBs????

lolcopter stop it man! I can only give you so many CPs :laugh:

marktippins1981
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Please go and support another team then.....

You're making negative posts, that does nothing, other than p*ss people off. How can you possibly suggest Jay "I cannot string two words together" Cutler is more intelligent that Josh McDaniels? The idea is ludicrous

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Kind of too bad he has gone through how many O-Cordinators? Oh yeah lets not forget about that horrible line until we got Clady (how long before he is gone...)

Oh and Elway... He threw int's too... yep into triple coverage. Oh and why don't you compare Cutler's stats to that of elway, montana.

Keep supporting this Loooser McDaniels until Pat wises up and fires him, then we can all be friends again.....

Odd that someone with such a beautiful mind hasn't recognized the correlation between throwing into triple coverage and interceptions.

Danzler88
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
"I coached against him when I was in the National Football League, and he was out there just throwing the ball around and I was like, 'Holy smokes.' He looked like he did when I coached against him," Zook told IlliniHQ.com. "He was throwing the ball on the money. He can throw all the balls. And he is very intelligent. I was very impressed with where he is right now."
I pulled this from an article about Jeff George. Coaches praise their players. It's what they do

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
It is kind of like the Teapartiers, I am dumbfounded by some peoples ignorance or acceptance of facts.

Instead of telling me how I piss everyone off, tell me me what "GREAT" things you think McDaniels has done?

Let me guess, got rid of a crybaby Qb, got rid of a bad apple wr. Funny those were NOT issues until he got here. Or maybe he brought B. Dawk (would have been a great move 7 years ago!)

This guy has tore this team up and when he is done will return to NE and win all those Superbowls you keep imaging him winning.

Please go and support another team then.....

You're making negative posts, that does nothing, other than p*ss people off. How can you possibly suggest Jay "I cannot string two words together" Cutler is more intelligent that Josh McDaniels? The idea is ludicrous

yaz96
YouTube - Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GPGzVfMttQ)

TheBroncoEra
Kind of too bad he has gone through how many O-Cordinators? Oh yeah lets not forget about that horrible line until we got Clady (how long before he is gone...)

Oh and Elway... He threw int's too... yep into triple coverage. Oh and why don't you compare Cutler's stats to that of elway, montana.

Keep supporting this Loooser McDaniels until Pat wises up and fires him, then we can all be friends again.....

Oh man I got just the picture for this one!!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/the_x-phile/ObviousTroll.jpg

JW7
04-21-2010, 04:38 PM

You can't compare Elway and Cutler. Cutler has better stats thus far in his career but he has not produced wins. You seem to care about stats a lot, but the NFL is measured by wins. Elway is a winner and a leader, Cutler is niether.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
It is kind of like the Teapartiers, I am dumbfounded by some peoples ignorance or acceptance of facts.

Instead of telling me how I piss everyone off, tell me me what "GREAT" things you think McDaniels has done?

Let me guess, got rid of a crybaby Qb, got rid of a bad apple wr Funny those were NOT issues until he got here. Or maybe he brought B. Dawk (would have been a great move 7 years ago!)

This guy has tore this team up and when he is done will return to NE and win all those Superbowls you keep imaging him winning.

:laugh: Marshall has a rap sheet going back to College, give me a break man. Also Cutler is a crybaby, he thought he was immune to trades and couldn't face the reality he wasn't.

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
"I coached against him when I was in the National Football League, and he was out there just throwing the ball around and I was like, 'Holy smokes.' He looked like he did when I coached against him," Zook told IlliniHQ.com. "He was throwing the ball on the money. He can throw all the balls. And he is very intelligent. I was very impressed with where he is right now."
I pulled this from an article about Jeff George. Coaches praise their players. It's what they do

I remember George very well, and there is no comparison to Cutler IMO. Regardless, sure seems like a better approach than a coach going behind everyone's back to make a HORRIBLE trade to begin with. Seems like these coaches cared about their players not their own EGO's like this megalomaniac!

JW7
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Crush77;3241797] Or maybe he brought B. Dawk (would have been a great move 7 years ago!)

Did you not see the impact that B Dawk had on this team last year???

You must have been too busy watching Cutler have multiple pick games.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I remember George very well, and there is no comparison to Cutler IMO. Regardless, sure seems like a better approach than a coach going behind everyone's back to make a HORRIBLE trade to begin with. Seems like these coaches cared about their players not their own EGO's like this megalomaniac!

:laugh: Says the guy with Orton in his Avatar :laugh:

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
:laugh: Marshall has a rap sheet going back to College, give me a break man. Also Cutler is a crybaby, he thought he was immune to trades and couldn't face the reality he wasn't.

Are you KIDDING ME? YOur telling me a kid that grew up playing football never thought he could be traded? NO he saw the direction McD was going (which is down) and did the smart thing. After all like the owners and coaches say, it's a business.

He just made sure he was on the better end of the deal. Again shows how smart he was. Funny how we got rid of a rap sheet free pro bowl QB but kept a thug as you put it the entire season. Yeah again his choices fail to make any REAL sense to anyone with REAL sense!

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Are you KIDDING ME? YOur telling me a kid that grew up playing football never thought he could be traded? NO he saw the direction McD was going (which is down) and did the smart thing. After all like the owners and coaches say, it's a business.

He just made sure he was on the better end of the deal. Again shows how smart he was. Funny how we got rid of a rap sheet free pro bowl QB but kept a thug as you put it the entire season. Yeah again his choices fail to make any REAL sense to anyone with REAL sense!

Yes, Cutler never thought he would be traded because he was babied by Shanahan and treated like gold here. Cutler heard his name in trade talks, got PO'd and wanted out. That doesn't sound like somebody open to being traded to me.

Kept a thug is not how I put it, THAT'S A FACT. Just look at Marshall's rap sheet man.

rogue719
04-21-2010, 04:46 PM

By Brad Biggs

Your poll is offensive and incorrect. Cutler forced his way off the team because he lost his coach and his BFF buddy who called the plays for him. No one forced Jay to go, he was the problem.

And since you are obviously a Bears fan, enjoy the interception machine again this year.

rogue719
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM

Don't be ridiculous. The only thing McD had done prior to Cutler blowing up and taking the fight to the media was bring in Dawkins and start working the defense. Did he consider a trade? Of course! Improving the team is what he's paid to do, so he would of course, consider the trade even if he chose not to pull the trigger on it. The trade never even got to Bowlen's desk, so it wasn't very seriously considered, but Cutler went ape**** over it.

Compare and contrast to Andy Reid in Philadelphia this year considering any trade offers for his QB. Did you see Donovan McNabb, a better QB in nearly every department, go nuts like Cutler did?

Nope. It's the difference between being a crybaby and a professional.

Crush77
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Shany has how many more Superbowls than McD? You forgot to comment on the point in regards to the rap sheet free QB and the Thug. Much easier to toughen up a "baby" (which he wasn't) than rehabilitate a thug (your words.)

Yes, Cutler never thought he would be traded because he was babied by Shanahan and treated like gold here. Cutler heard his name in trade talks, got PO'd and wanted out. That doesn't sound like somebody open to being traded to me.

Kept a thug is not how I put it, THAT'S A FACT. Just look at Marshall's rap sheet man.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, Shany has how many more Superbowls than McD? You forgot to comment on the point in regards to the rap sheet free QB and the Thug. Much easier to toughen up a "baby" (which he wasn't) than rehabilitate a thug (your words.)

Wow when did I compare Shanahan and McDaniels' SB rings? That's grasping for straws dude, and also when you say this

"much easier to toughen up a "baby""

How was McDaniels supposed to toughen him up when Cutler wouldn't talk to anybody, including Pat Bowlen? That warrants being a baby when you can't return phone calls to the guy that helped draft you in the first place.

Crush77
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
your idea of the trade is what is wrong. and again B. Dawk would have been a great move 5-7 years ago. He has not made one move that helped this team. I thought Nolan was going to be his saving grace but we saw how that turned out.

Again point to me again the talent he has surrounded himself with to earn that 8-8 season which we all know should have been 5-11 (easy.)

Can't you see what he has and IS doing to this team?

Don't be ridiculous. The only thing McD had done prior to Cutler blowing up and taking the fight to the media was bring in Dawkins and start working the defense. Did he consider a trade? Of course! Improving the team is what he's paid to do, so he would of course, consider the trade even if he chose not to pull the trigger on it. The trade never even got to Bowlen's desk, so it wasn't very seriously considered, but Cutler went ape**** over it.

Compare and contrast to Andy Reid in Philadelphia this year considering any trade offers for his QB. Did you see Donovan McNabb, a better QB in nearly every department, go nuts like Cutler did?

Nope. It's the difference between being a crybaby and a professional.

lolcopter
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/jayrocksufu/cutlerdartsjpg-thumb-400x394-13462.jpg

Crush77
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
I am not disagreeing with you on how Cutler acted. He acted like someone that wanted out after he was lied to, than told he could still be traded. Cutler doesn't want that, and we know he did not deserve that.

All McD had to do was not trade him. Cutler had said he would be there for the mandatory's but no...

In regards to SB rings I was making the comparison on who do you trust more in regards to judging the talent of a QB. Lest you forget Elway would have been traded too had it not been for Shany. That's right Elway used to "WHINE" all the time about Reeves.

Wow when did I compare Shanahan and McDaniels' SB rings? That's grasping for straws dude, and also when you say this

"much easier to toughen up a "baby""

How was McDaniels supposed to toughen him up when Cutler wouldn't talk to anybody, including Pat Bowlen? That warrants being a baby when you can't return phone calls to the guy that helped draft you in the first place.

Crush77
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/jayrocksufu/cutlerdartsjpg-thumb-400x394-13462.jpg

That is funny. would have been more factual with Orton's noodle arm in there.

Enjoy those dink and dunk passes this year again guys! Oh yeah and that defense that improved last year.... look for it to return to the bottom.

Don't worry my little lemmings... the cliff is coming soon!

baphamet
04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
i know i support what MCD has done with the broncos organization! :smug:

BluenOrnge4Life
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
The op is 12 with the logic of a 10 year old. /end thread.

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
That is funny. would have been more factual with Orton's noodle arm in there.

Enjoy those dink and dunk passes this year again guys! Oh yeah and that defense that improved last year.... look for it to return to the bottom.

Don't worry my little lemmings... the cliff is coming soon!

Enjoy those interceptions this year again guys! Oh yeah and that rocket arm QB that sucked last year.... look for him to stay at the bottom

This game is fun!! If you don't like the Broncos why post here, Bears forum is thataway :wave:

AC1
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
The reaction of the McDaniels apologists is hilarious!

Martz probably doesn't realize he completely pwned the entire Kyle Orton "army" :laugh:

yaz96
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
The reaction of the McDaniels apologists is hilarious!

Martz probably doesn't realize he completely pwned the entire Kyle Orton "army" :laugh:

Martz probably doesn't realize what "pwned" means.........

Isn't it time you Cutlerite cult had your "going away" party?

:go:

AC1
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Martz probably doesn't realize what "pwned" means.........

That's what makes it hilarious :laugh:

LSIGRAD09
04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Why is this in Smack? Like the Chargers fans need to know how divided our fanbase is?

TheBroncoEra
04-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Why is this in Smack? Like the Chargers fans need to know how divided our fanbase is?

Well it was in GD to start out with, and it got moved here. Doesn't matter anyway, this dude is pretty obviously not a fan of the Broncos so I guess it belongs here.

RaiderFanSD
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
i know i support what MCD has done with the broncos organization! :smug:

Agreed... IMO they have the least explosive offense in the AFCW. I fear no one on their offense.

JakeNbake
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Agreed... IMO they have the least explosive offense in the AFCW. I fear no one on their offense.

Ryan Clady could eat you.

SLVR and Black
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Martz wowed by Cutler: 'Worse than I thought'
By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is not as talented as he imagined.

The offensive coordinator talked about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he rolled his eyes up when talking about working with Cutler.

"He's not as good I thought," Martz said. "I've got to grin and bear it because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's been a bit slow to catch on, and that's surprised me. It really has. He is not bright, one of the plainest, most ordinary people I've been around. Very cocky though. He really loves this game though. To him, every day's like being back on the playground in 4th grade."

Martz couldn't have said that about their franchise QB. He's been around the league for a long time and has coached a heck of a lot of QB's. He knows how to work the press and I'm guessing that at least a little bit of that is what we read.

CHARGER$
04-21-2010, 09:14 PM

The denver fanbase is no different from every other team. I guess you cant make everyone happy.

NDBroncosFan
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM

We are going to take a beating this year...I am at the stage, I am not sure if I should laugh or cry...I am just sick!!!!:(

RaiderFanSD
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
We are going to take a beating this year...I am at the stage, I am not sure if I should laugh or cry...I am just sick!!!!:(

Well I'm saying that as of right now.. depends what you guys do in the draft. Hoping you guys don't get Arrelious Benn :D

aditheman
04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
This thread should be called : Intelligence-Mike Martz vs. Jay Cutler. Because it seems to that Martz is an idiot.

Also to the OP, GTFO troll!

Hadez
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
26 picks, nuff' said

Elway had a higher int % early in his career.

Guess he is horrible too.

rogue719
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Elway had a higher int % early in his career.

Guess he is horrible too.

I believe Elway had a winning season before that too, though I could be wrong. Don't have time to check it right now.

Hadez
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I believe Elway had a winning season before that too, though I could be wrong. Don't have time to check it right now.

wow you mean someone can throw allot of ints and still be a winning QB?!?! OMG!

TheBroncoEra
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Yeah winning QB, that's something Cutler is not.

rogue719
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Yeah, like Jake Plummer, not the guy who replaced him.

rogue719
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM

My point was that Elway had proven he could win games before he had seasons like that. What's Cutler's excuse?

-Rod-
04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Maybe Cutler's great intelligence doesn't translate well to the football field because he throws a lot of picks and many of them come from very bad decisions. I'm not saying he is not a good quarterback, obviously he is. He might be smart enough to learn things fast and grasp the system but when it's time to execute on the field there are still too many mistakes along with the great plays.

emaugust
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Hopefully for us Bears fans, Cutler will pull it together and get the offense rocking. The thing about trying to evaluate players once they switch teams is that it is basically impossible. The bears drafted Cedric Benson because he was a beast, yet he just sucked as a Bear. Now that he is in Cinci, he is playing the way we expected him to all along. This might be the same way things play out with Cutler, and even if cutler does show up in a Bears uniform, that doesn't mean he would have figured it out in Denver.

And anyhow, football IQ isn't the end all be all. For a guy like me though, a play like this every now and then is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dIcvi9D8ks

ursamajor
04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
26 picks, nuff' said

27 tds (only 3 shy of 30) to a Receiving corps of 5th round rookies, WRs with no career catches, Career Practice squaders etc-infact his most experienced receiver was a recently converted DB.

'nuff said

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
27 tds (only 3 shy of 30) to a Receiving corps of 5th round rookies, WRs with no career catches, Career Practice squaders etc-infact his most experienced receiver was a recently converted DB.

'nuff said

Oh yeah? How was your running game last season compared to the season before? Think Cutler had any effect there?

jodblade
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
what is martz suppose to say? hes stupid and sucks? god damn what a stupid thread

chazoe60
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM

'nuff said

Ooh don't forget all those other CBs he completed passes to. :laugh:

TheBroncoEra
04-23-2010, 10:57 PM

'nuff said

Yeah, DBs for every other team in the league! :laugh:

Also does anybody else think the Bears drafted a Safety for Cutler to throw to? God knows he's good at that!

ursamajor
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah? How was your running game last season compared to the season before? Think Cutler had any effect there?

No, a runningback nursing a sprained knee all season did.

ursamajor
04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Ooh don't forget all those other CBs he completed passes to. :laugh:

No tds however. Can your QB say the same? Nope, KC's Line backer had more td receptions from Orton than your number 2 WR did. :P

ursamajor
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, DBs for every other team in the league! :laugh:

Also does anybody else think the Bears drafted a Safety for Cutler to throw to? God knows he's good at that!

Again Cutler did not throw a single pick 6. Kyle did-more than once, in just one game.

chazoe60
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
No tds however. Can your QB say the same? Nope, KC's Line backer had more td receptions from Orton than your number 2 WR did. :P

Again Cutler did not throw a single pick 6. Kyle did-more than once, in just one game.

Is that the best you got, really? Your smack basically consists of you saying this: "Yeah, so what Jay leads the league in INTs at least our offense tackles better than yours."

Well let me retort: That's just because they have more practice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Didn't he throw a pick six to Al Harris in that first game against the Packers? I have to say, if he didn't it was just because Al was too slow to outrun the Bear's O because he jumped a couple of Jay's passes perfectly. There's one in particular I'm thinking of where he cut in front of Johnny Knox.

I'm sure you remember the exact play I'm talking about. :P

milehighireland
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, your offense tackles better than our offense... other than that the stat doesnt really say much apart from that ortons INTs were generally bad deep throws while cutlers INTs were bad throws all over the place.... hard to have a pick returned for a TD when the f'n opposing DE (Johnny Jolly anybody?) or even their NT (Aubrayo Franklin) ends up snagging the ball

TheBroncoEra
04-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Ok that's fine, but 26 INTs speaks for itself, compared to Orton's what 12? 14 maybe iirc?

stnzed
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Josh McDaniels is a world class idiot.......

chazoe60
04-29-2010, 08:56 PM

What a wonderful contribution you bring to any discussion.

stnzed
04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
What a wonderful contribution you bring to any discussion.

You're welcome.......

TheBroncoEra
04-29-2010, 09:05 PM

Will you retract that statement when he wins a Super Bowl? :confused:

stnzed
04-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Will you retract that statement when he wins a Super Bowl? :confused:

.......No.......

TheBroncoEra
04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
.......No.......

Alright, I can respect that.

Joshecalpoly
04-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Martz realizes praise, and kid gloves are the only way to pamper a baby...

Well treating him like a professional didnt work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaLCEooYto4

This shows how aware he is of his surroundings lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deDtwnb_OQ0

My bad!! yeah real intelligence to throw 5 ints, I still cant believe they were in the game after 4 ints. I must say he talks more then I remember but I still question his leadership ability.

ursamajor
04-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Didn't he throw a pick six to Al Harris in that first game against the Packers? I have to say, if he didn't it was just because Al was too slow to outrun the Bear's O because he jumped a couple of Jay's passes perfectly. There's one in particular I'm thinking of where he cut in front of Johnny Knox.

I'm sure you remember the exact play I'm talking about. :P

No Jay got him

ursamajor
04-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Well let me retort: That's just because they have more practice.

Actually its because all of Kyle's pick 6's came on 3rd down. And the Broncos offense was just in the habit of walking for the sideline after 3 downs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
No Jay got him

That's pathetic. Al got caught by a guy who runs a 4.8; jeesh!

Hoserman117
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Ursa, your arguments are crap.

He threw the most INT's in the league. I don't care how many Pick 6's he had, that's just awful.

IgorBStrange
05-01-2010, 03:35 AM

Let me guess, got rid of a crybaby Qb, got rid of a bad apple wr. Funny those were NOT issues until he got here. Or maybe he brought B. Dawk (would have been a great move 7 years ago!)

I am astounded by your lack of intelligence. First to say that Teapartiers are ignorant and cannot accept facts shows that you are a MSM Acolyte who only spews "talking points" instead of researching and using facts. Which only proves that you have a serious lack of anything true Broncos since you readily accept the MSM version of the Cutler and Marshall stories while cutting down McDaniels who has raised the quality of the team and given the team a true future.
Therefore I must conclude that you are merely a Chicago Bears fan trying to infiltrate and cause confusion and "stir the pot" to make yourself feel superior in whatever way you can.
Maybe you should leave mommy's basement, give the computer a rest and go out into the real world for a breather.

Boltheads
05-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I am astounded by your lack of intelligence. First to say that Teapartiers are ignorant and cannot accept facts shows that you are a MSM Acolyte who only spews "talking points" instead of researching and using facts. Which only proves that you have a serious lack of anything true Broncos since you readily accept the MSM version of the Cutler and Marshall stories while cutting down McDaniels who has raised the quality of the team and given the team a true future.
Therefore I must conclude that you are merely a Chicago Bears fan trying to infiltrate and cause confusion and "stir the pot" to make yourself feel superior in whatever way you can.
Maybe you should leave mommy's basement, give the computer a rest and go out into the real world for a breather.It's funny how you question his intelligence because his beliefs about the Broncos' direction is different then yours.

It's even funnier that you reference "Acolytes" and then resort to "mommy's basement" smack in the same post.

Cutler2007
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM

No. I really miss the days of having zero talent on the DL, why did Josh need to screw with that. Moss, Crowder, McKinley, Gordan, Engelberger...I moan every time we sack a QB and scream "why Josh WHY!!"

Hate to see LBs that actually tackle a guy behind the line. How I miss Nate Webster celebrating a stop after a seven yard gain. Where have you gone Carl Paymah? How I miss you running around with no clue the ball was in the air.

Josh has destroyed the ineptness we all grew to love on defense. I mean who really need BDawk when you have Marlon McCree bouncing off yet another running back?

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Josh McDaniels hates talent for some reason. I find it very strange.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Josh McDaniels hates talent for some reason. I find it very strange.

He like to put great character in front of good talent which is why Marshall and Cutler had to go. But I doubt you would know anything about that.

rogue719
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
He like to put great character in front of good talent which is why Marshall and Cutler had to go. But I doubt you would know anything about that.

Now now, Cutler wasn't a bad character guy, he just thought he was more important than the team or the coach.

Marshall, on the other hand, was just another arrest waiting to happen.

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Now now, Cutler wasn't a bad character guy, he just thought he was more important than the team or the coach.

Marshall, on the other hand, was just another arrest waiting to happen.

He was also a baby, I used to sit behind the bench at some games and I would here him complaining about how it was other peoples fault when he would throw an interception or if we were losing but it seems thats changed.

bears6385
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Maybe Cutler's great intelligence doesn't translate well to the football field because he throws a lot of picks and many of them come from very bad decisions. I'm not saying he is not a good quarterback, obviously he is. He might be smart enough to learn things fast and grasp the system but when it's time to execute on the field there are still too many mistakes along with the great plays.+1..........For Jay to take it to the next level, he has got to cut down on the bad decisions he makes with the football. All the good things Cutler did last season, 27 td's, second most yds he has thrown in his career, another 60+ comp. pct. All are overshadowed by his 26 int's.

karnage
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM

By Brad Biggs

LOL.....wait.....LOL

MCCAFFREYFAN
05-06-2010, 01:00 PM
This isn't what the Bears fans think...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Jay_Cutler_Sucks_Like_Every_Other_Chicago.html

BOLTMAN-1
05-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I voted "yes".

I support McDaniels 100%

I hope he remains the Broncos HC for as long as possible.

:salute!: