PDA

View Full Version : Raiders

BroncosFan0226
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
So how will Al Davis make a fool out of himself this year?

RaiderFanSD
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
So what undersized slow corner is McDaniels going to trade next years 1st for?

JakeNbake
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
So what undersized slow corner is McDaniels going to trade next years 1st for?

Hmmm. Good point. Except Phonzo will be a legit corner in this league. Book it.

DevilSpawn
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
He should trade for Jarvis Moss. Does anyone want to book his upcoming elite status?

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Al Davis is a future Hall of Famer. You can't talk about the NFL without him being in the conversation. I'm not saying that his past success gives him a free pass to butcher the draft every year......but, how in the world can a Bronco fan start a smack thread about him?

In case you haven't noticed, McD got little to no production out of 3 first round picks last year. And.....he ran the 3 best picks from the 2006 draft out of town.

Better go find a different battle to pick. The Faiders are going to own you on this one.

ERoyal248
04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Al Davis is a future Hall of Famer. You can't talk about the NFL without him being in the conversation. I'm not saying that his past success gives him a free pass to butcher the draft every year......but, how in the world can a Bronco fan start a smack thread about him?

In case you haven't noticed, McD got little to no production out of 3 first round picks last year. And.....he ran the 3 best picks from the 2006 draft out of town.

Better go find a different battle to pick. The Faiders are going to own you on this one.

And the Chargers picks were??

JakeNbake
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM

So what you're saying is he's done more because of previous acomplishments, but when we use this arguement against you you deny it.

Make up your mind silly dolt.

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 12:30 PM
And the Chargers picks were??Last time I checked, the Chargers didn't use 3 first round picks in the '09 draft.

Let's say that English and Ayers are a wash. Even though English out performed Ayers, neither lived up to being drafted so high.

But, how and the heck do you explain a RB selected #12 who can't break 1,000 yards in a 16 game season? Or, how about a wasting the #14 on DB who got benched and forced the team to pick up Ty Law?

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
So what you're saying is he's done more because of previous acomplishments, but when we use this arguement against you you deny it.

Make up your mind silly dolt.What part of...."I'm not saying that his past success gives him a free pass to butcher the draft every year"...didn't you understand?

I get it when I make obscure references and Donkey fans like you can't read between the lines.....but, come on man.....I freakin spelled my thoughts out for you on this one :duh:

ERoyal248
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Last time I checked, the Chargers didn't use 3 first round picks in the '09 draft.

Let's say that English and Ayers are a wash. Even though English out performed Ayers, neither lived up to being drafted so high.

But, how and the heck do you explain a RB selected #12 who can't break 1,000 yards in a 16 game season? Or, how about a wasting the #14 on DB who got benched and forced the team to pick up Ty Law?

Ayers was limited when he played and was always around the QB and it's about a wash.

Big deal if he didnt break 1,000 yards, he was less then 50 yds away from it. He'll only get better as the OL will be improved and wont have a PCL injury all season.

Smith was bad, but i say it was because of ankle injury and transiton to the NFL. Mike Jenkins was bad his rookie year and had a great 2nd year.

All in all, hard to judge after one year when other then Moreno, no one played that much.

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Ayers was limited when he played and was always around the QB and it's about a wash.

Big deal if he didnt break 1,000 yards, he was less then 50 yds away from it. He'll only get better as the OL will be improved and wont have a PCL injury all season.

Smith was bad, but i say it was because of ankle injury and transiton to the NFL. Mike Jenkins was bad his rookie year and had a great 2nd year.

All in all, hard to judge after one year when other then Moreno, no one played that much.You do realize that your response was loaded with excuses. Come on ERoyal....you're better than that.

ERoyal248
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
You do realize that your response was loaded with excuses. Come on ERoyal....you're better than that.

Not really

DishWater
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
HAHA!

Raiders suck.

--End of thread--

Boltheads
04-24-2010, 07:53 AM
So how will Al Davis make a fool out of himself this year?WOW! The Raiders are putting together a really good draft. They are getting guys they like (Bruce Campell and Jacoby Ford) where they should get them and not over-drafting like years past.

DevilSpawn
04-24-2010, 07:56 AM
WOW! The Raiders are putting together a really good draft. They are getting guys they like (Bruce Campell and Jacoby Ford) where they should get them and not over-drafting like years past.
Lost Kirk Morrison to get Ford. I'm glad he's in Jax, he's solid but it was time to move on.

SLVR and Black
04-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Lost Kirk Morrison to get Ford. I'm glad he's in Jax, he's solid but it was time to move on.And they picked up Cambell? Ok, is there anyone who's following this who didn't think that both of those guys wouldn't wind up on the Raiders? The world has righted itself, Davis is still Davis.

DevilSpawn
04-24-2010, 08:08 AM
And they picked up Cambell? Ok, is there anyone who's following this who didn't think that both of those guys wouldn't wind up on the Raiders? The world has righted itself, Davis is still Davis.
yeah when they picked Campbell I said well at least it wasn't the first. Then when they traded up I said watch this. I laughed for 5 minutes after Ford, not because of the pick but because we all saw it coming.

Positive: It was Day 2.
Negative: We basically traded Morrison to get him. Not a good tradeoff for yet another raw speedster.
Bigger positive: I will kill people in Madden.

SLVR and Black
04-24-2010, 08:11 AM
yeah when they picked Campbell I said well at least it wasn't the first. Then when they traded up I said watch this. I laughed for 5 minutes after Ford. Positive: It was Day 2. Negative: We basically traded Morrison to get him. Not a good tradeoff.
Traded Morrison and the fifth round pick -- that's an AJ move! Seems like they could've gotten a lot more for Morrison but then again, the Raiders haven't had even a serviceable KO return guy since Carr was dumped.

SLVR and Black
04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Bigger positive: I will kill people in Madden.Winner of "SLVR's Look at the Big Picture" award. :D

RaiderFanSD
04-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Traded Morrison and the fifth round pick -- that's an AJ move! Seems like they could've gotten a lot more for Morrison but then again, the Raiders haven't had even a serviceable KO return guy since Carr was dumped.

Nah, according to WDR(Raiders insider on RF.net) we weren't able to get more for Kirk. Nobody would bite for a 3rd or 4th. He said it was either we get something for him or he was gonna get released.