PDA

View Full Version : Tebow in the 1st???

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Im not exactly sold the Chargers needed to move that high up to take Mathews but the Broncos taking Tebow in the 1st???

Hmmmm interesting.....what do you Broncos fans think???

Boltheads
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
IMO....two of the worst moves in the draft. I like both guys, but I thought Mathews was a 20-28 pick...not 12. Tebow? No firken way he goes in the 1st.

BroncosDivision
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Ehh..

Tebow is a long-term project, but when all is said and done, I've always liked the guy and he's a proven winner. His mechanics are questionable at best, but I still feel he's got huge potential. So yeah, I actually did hope we would pick him somewhere in 2nd or 3rd round.

Having said that.. 1st ****ING ROUND!? WHAT!!!! Are you ****ing kidding me McD... jesus, four picks man, FOUR PICKS! This better be worth it, or I want your ass outta Denver next season!

What else do I have to say? I feel sick, maybe it's the beer, maybe it's something entirely different. Whatever, gonna take a while to swallow this one.

/out

Andyy_47
04-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Well, believe me, this kid's character is not a question. He's a winner, and he's a great locker room guy to have in the team.

Talent can be improved, you can't teach someone how to be a good leader, but you can work on the physical side of things. He has the bulk, just need to lose some bad habits, which evidently, he's worked wonders on.

I think we gave up too much, the way Clausen is going, we coulda waited till tomorrow to get him, but I'll take the pick, I'm happy with both our picks.

I don't like the Matthews trade, the pick makes sense, the trade does not, I see no-one ahead of the Chargers who would waste a first round pick as alot of the running back situations were set.

Our teams did make two blunders today, but I think we'll both prosper under them.

gorky
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
While I'm not so sure what we gave up for him is a good idea, the reality is this cat can play football. It could be the smartest move of 2010.

He can run. (unlike Rivers)
He is a winner. (unlike Cutler)

His college stats are amazing!
88 15 Yikes!!! That's 88 touchdowns to 15 interceptions. Uber impressive.
A qb rating of 120.72!!!! Insane.

I'll take his bad throwing motion for results any day.

Feel free to make fun of the throwing motion just like we make fun of Rivers girly throws.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Tim Tebow is 2010's Darius Heyward-Bey. :sick:

Mastema
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
While I'm not so sure what we gave up for him is a good idea, the reality is this cat can play football. It could be the smartest move of 2010.

Feel free to make fun of the throwing motion just like we make fun of Rivers girly throws.

Wait til the Raiders beat him down like a dog, wait til the Chiefs keep him ptaying to his god. Wait til SD makes him wish he had stayed in college. You'll just be seeing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLJ3Xxw5eM&feature=related

girlzarefanstoo
04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I fear that Tebow will be a great pick for you guys long term. I think he's a really quality leader and trust me, pretty throwing motions are highly over-rated -- I'd pick flat out winners any day. Rivers' throwing motion makes me laugh, his results make me smile.

As to Matthews, I believe SD saw what they wanted in a franchise back and went after him. Living in the Fresno area I'm very familiar with Ryan and very supportive of the pick. He's ready to rumble and fill our biggest hole immediately. We need a good NT, but the D was holding things together and didn't have a bad year when it could have been disastrous, we'll pick up what we need somewhere yet in the draft, UDFAs or trades I have no doubt.

Very interesting first round!

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM

When Tebow becomes the best QB in the NFL like Rivers, you can just laugh at made up stuff like "throws like a girl". If Rivers throws like a girl, the NFL is pathetic, that a girl could be the best QB and one of the best players in the league.

Don't compare anyone on your roster, past, present or future to Rivers, it's just stupid.

Andyy_47
04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
When Tebow becomes the best QB in the NFL like Rivers, you can just laugh at made up stuff like "throws like a girl". If Rivers throws like a girl, the NFL is pathetic, that a girl could be the best QB and one of the best players in the league.

Don't compare anyone on your roster, past, present or future to Rivers, it's just stupid.

Are you bringing up past denver quarterbacks vs Rivers again? You make things too easy.

ChargersDivison
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Are you bringing up past denver quarterbacks vs Rivers again? You make things too easy.

None of your past QB's can hold Rivers jock, fact.

gorky
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM

Indeed! haha

gorky
04-22-2010, 09:29 PM

Of course that's true because they can't find said jockstrap. And that explains the girly throwing motion. :D

TH3JUICEMAN
04-22-2010, 09:31 PM

I remember the first time I had a beer

Beagle
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah. I don't know about the Tebow pick with the DT from Tennessee still on the board but time will tell.I wasn't real thrilled because I am pretty sure he would have been there in the second round.

Beagle
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Read my sig...

McSmashie
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
IMO....two of the worst moves in the draft. I like both guys, but I thought Mathews was a 20-28 pick...not 12. Tebow? No firken way he goes in the 1st.

The Bills were working to get back in the first to grab him. Denver had to move up to insure he wouldnt be gone.

I think when there is someone that you really have to have, reaching a bit to make sure you dont lose out isnt necessarily a bad thing.

The Mathews pick, while a bit of a stretch, really is a perfect fit for you guys. And a great compliment to Sproles.

I cant fault AJ for moving to get that pick. It was exactly what you needed. Why risk losing out? This draft was crazy for teams taking players NO ONE expected. Who knows who else would have moved up?

BarkdogRX7
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM

Elway>Rivers

I'd even say Plummer>Rivers just to upset you, Rivers is a class-less punk with accuracy and a sissy girl scout throwing motion, and will not be in the HoF, just saying :)

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
04-23-2010, 12:50 AM
it could work out.

a lot of people are hating on tebow and doubting him but he has heart and a strong desire to prove everyone wrong.

i think he might turn out to be a good qb. we shall see.

Cutler2007
04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Draft picks bust all the time. Tebow could very well be one (I don't bet against kids with his kind of drive though), he could become an H-Back like many think he will, or he just might make it at QB.

I think a 1st was too high, but the difference between taking him there or at #43 is not really all that much.

I think at the very worse ha can become an impact on offense in certain packages. The Dolphins took Pat White last year at #44 and I really think Tebow is a much better prospect than White.

Stan_The_Man_12
04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Im not exactly sold the Chargers needed to move that high up to take Mathews but the Broncos taking Tebow in the 1st???

Hmmmm interesting.....what do you Broncos fans think???

Tebow = :smug: :smug: :smug: :incomplete:

Thanks to Josh for making sure the Chargers will dominate the division for years to come and for giving us the automatic playoff bid.

gorky
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Tebow = :smug: :smug: :smug: :incomplete:

Thanks to Josh for making sure the Chargers will dominate the division for years to come and for giving us the automatic playoff bid.

Ah, blinded by looking in the mirror too long.
New AFC west champs soon!