PDA

View Full Version : This is why the chicago bears traded for jay cutler

CutlersRightArm
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
As Bears fans, we knew paying two #1s was a steep price for Jay Cutler. But once the trade was completed, we as a fan base were ecstatic. Why? Because we knew we'd invest two No. 1 picks into the QB position, and then never have to invest premium picks to fill that position again for the next 10 years.

Now that we have solved the franchise QB, and can spend 7 picks a year for the next 8-10 drafts solidifying all of the other positions like Tackle, DE, CB, RB, WR etc. No more wasted picks all those years trying to find a quarterback (Rex Grossman Rd 1, Kyle Orton Rd 4, Craig Krenzel Rd 5, Rick Mirer Rd 1 etc).

Now the Bronco fan base will see how the other half lives. Obviously Kyle Orton is not the answer, so McDummy has to blow picks trading for Brady Quinn. But even he's not sold on Quinn he has to blow three more picks on Tebow.

And Tebow and Quinn both have huge question marks, they may never develop into franchise signal callers. Meaning Denver may have to go back into the pool in another 2-3 years finding another QB prospect.

Bottom line, the Bears win the trade hands down. You can never over pay to have the QB position solved. It took us two No. 1s to shore up the most important position on the field, the Broncos have already spent 5 picks between Quinn and Tebow, plus another one on Tom Brandstater who is now likely to be cut. McDummy = Fail.

karnage
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
As Bears fans, we knew paying two #1s was a steep price for Jay Cutler. But once the trade was completed, we as a fan base were ecstatic. Why? Because we knew we'd invest two No. 1 picks into the QB position, and then never have to invest premium picks to fill that position again for the next 10 years.

Now that we have solved the franchise QB, and can spend 7 picks a year for the next 8-10 drafts solidifying all of the other positions like Tackle, DE, CB, RB, WR etc. No more wasted picks all those years trying to find a quarterback (Rex Grossman Rd 1, Kyle Orton Rd 4, Craig Krenzel Rd 5, Rick Mirer Rd 1 etc).

Now the Bronco fan base will see how the other half lives. Obviously Kyle Orton is not the answer, so McDummy has to blow picks trading for Brady Quinn. But even he's not sold on Quinn he has to blow three more picks on Tebow.

And Tebow and Quinn both have huge question marks, they may never develop into franchise signal callers. Meaning Denver may have to go back into the pool in another 2-3 years finding another QB prospect.

Bottom line, the Bears win the trade hands down. You can never over pay to have the QB position solved. It took us two No. 1s to shore up the most important position on the field, the Broncos have already spent 5 picks between Quinn and Tebow, plus another one on Tom Brandstater who is now likely to be cut. McDummy = Fail.

LOL....seriously...Cutler led the league in interceptions and you talk about "shoring up the position"...I'm sure the bag of 2 month old potatoes you spilled this garbage to earlier thought you were a a genius....what you meant is the Goldilocks hunters will spend the next 10 years trying to build another defense that can overcome 3+ ints a game...

jcdavey
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM

Bottom line, the Bears win the trade hands down. You can never over pay to have the QB position solved. It took us two No. 1s to shore up the most important position on the field, the Broncos have already spent 5 picks between Quinn and Tebow, plus another one on Tom Brandstater who is now likely to be cut. McDummy = Fail.a bear fan giving draft advice

you guys trade 2nd rounders to tb for bust DEs ......

and now cutler is making forte look like a bust

wait till cutler implodes this year after another 20+ ints and loses it even more mentally

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Another Bears fan with a chip on his shoulder that constantly feels the need to come here and tell us why your trainwreck of a team won this trade. :incomplete:

Have fun finishing 3rd or 4th in the NFC North for the next 5+ years. :thumb:

gorky
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
If you want an interesting take on things, look at it this way.

We were fine at QB with Jake the snake playing in the AFC championship game. Then we drafted Cutler.
Just saying...

Verge
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes...well, who would win in a fight, Jay Cutler or Tim Tebow?

theshiverman
04-23-2010, 06:37 AM

You cant call a winner this soon, Championships = Winner.

DoJo Chargerfan
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
lol. cutler sucks and always sucked. you'll be drafting another qb soon so lol @ da burs

BroncoFanBoy
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
a bear fan giving draft advice

you guys trade 2nd rounders to tb for bust DEs ......

and now cutler is making forte look like a bust

wait till cutler implodes this year after another 20+ ints and loses it even more mentally

CP to you! (even tho you're chargers fan) :salute:

BroncoFanBoy
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM

Well, have fun with a QB that blames everyone else, only cares about his stats, arrogant, and makes head scratching throws all the time. he had that problem in denver too. so even if he has andre johnson and larry fitzgerald as his WR's, he can still make idiotic throws and blame the WR's. the broncos got a solid QB in orton, Robert ayers who could turn into a solid defensive player, and a QB who's almost the opposite of cutler. Tebow. Cares about the team, takes the blame, and works hard to get better. Broncos won this trade without a doubt.

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Cutler is not a franchise QB. Hes got a big arm, but other than that, thats it. Piss poor attitude, piss poor decisions, piss poor winning %, piss poor int./td totals, etc., etc., etc.

YOU GUYS GOT SCREWED

Bigoosh
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Cutler is not a franchise QB. Hes got a big arm, but other than that, thats it. Piss poor attitude, piss poor decisions, piss poor winning %, piss poor int./td totals, etc., etc., etc.

YOU GUYS GOT SCREWED

Leave it to Lyghts to put it as plainly as humanly possible LOL...

TheBroncoEra
04-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Ryan Leaf is more of a franchise QB than Jay Cutler. At least Ryan Leaf did decent at college, last time Cutler had a winning season was when he was in high school. So you can gladly have that "franchise" QB, thanks for taking him off our hands!!

Oh and I look forward to seeing Suh get after Cutler this season!! :peace: :salute!:

Frankenpost
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
We'll find out this year for sure WHO got the better of the deal.

If Tebow starts and we make the playoffs, while Jay throws picks for the 2nd year in a row...We Win

If Tebow struggles and Jay makes the Playoffs and is actually a Franchise QB....well i dont even want to go there.

-Rod-
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Yea, that's why the Bears are in shambles right now and both the GM and head coach are walking the plank. Maybe the Lions will send the Bears to the bottom of the division, watch out.

TheBroncoEra
04-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Yea, that's why the Bears are in shambles right now and both the GM and head coach are walking the plank. Maybe the Lions will send the Bears to the bottom of the division, watch out.

They defintely could, the Lions are my team to watch in 2010. They just got the most dominant d-lineman in recent years, they actually have a franchise QB there. If they can get a decent line they could for sure have a better record than the Bears.

Beagle
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM

When Chargers fans are agreeing with Broncos fans about anything its more than likely you're extreemly wrong.

martz11
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
We'll find out this year for sure WHO got the better of the deal.

If Tebow starts and we make the playoffs, while Jay throws picks for the 2nd year in a row...We Win

If Tebow struggles and Jay makes the Playoffs and is actually a Franchise QB....well i dont even want to go there.

So we'll figure out the winner of the trade after 1 season?:confused:

emaugust
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
They defintely could, the Lions are my team to watch in 2010. They just got the most dominant d-lineman in recent years, they actually have a franchise QB there. If they can get a decent line they could for sure have a better record than the Bears.

The Lions are everyone's team to watch every year. They have loaded up with number one draft picks year after year after year and it never does anything for them, heck, they even made Megatron bad.

The Bears might have a bad season, but it won't be Lions bad. If only we were in the AFC West, we would be number one this year and just about every other :thumb:

mozzerpete
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
CP to you! (even tho you're chargers fan) :salute:

Don't get crazy now.
He's still the enemy.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

Sam_Z
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM
The Bears might have a bad season, but it won't be Lions bad. If only we were in the AFC West, we would be number one this year and just about every other :thumb:

What are you thinking about dude? The Broncos and chargers have been a force for years! Cant say much for the raiders although they did make some good selections this year and the chiefs are gonna be alot better this year. Dude theres no way in hell your teams wins even one game in the west well maybe once against oakland but thats it.

However I do share your opinion on the Lions, my goodness can the be any worse, this is ludicrous already.

bears6385
04-25-2010, 01:03 PM

YOU GUYS GOT SCREWEDI disagree about one major point here, now I can't defend Cutler's int's, or his decision making last year, but his attitude I can. He handled himself like a pro last year, never blamed anyone else for his int's, never pointed his finger at his OL, or WR's, never threw anyone under the bus. Never complained when the wr he wanted in the lineup from day one Devin Aromashodu didn't get onto the field until the last month of the season.

Lyghts Out
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I disagree about one major point here, now I can't defend Cutler's int's, or his decision making last year, but his attitude I can. He handled himself like a pro last year, never blamed anyone else for his int's, never pointed his finger at his OL, or WR's, never threw anyone under the bus. Never complained when the wr he wanted in the lineup from day one Devin Aromashodu didn't get onto the field until the last month of the season.

OK, fair enough...you are back there, and have a better sense of it for sure. I was basing that off of my experience following him on the Donkeys, the ensuing trade, and some preseason chatter I heard out of Chicago (Urlacher, etc.)

Apoc13
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM

quinn cost a 6th, probably a 7th and a rb who never saw the field.

and tebow cost almost nothing...the broncos traded 7 picks draft day and got 7 picks in return....and one of those picks was tim tebow

try again :rolleyes:

bears6385
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
OK, fair enough...you are back there, and have a better sense of it for sure. I was basing that off of my experience following him on the Donkeys, the ensuing trade, and some preseason chatter I heard out of Chicago (Urlacher, etc.)Yep......at least this is a step in the right direction for Jay. The hope here is that Cutler checks his ego at the door and actually listens to Martz, because if he does, Cutler could take his game to the next level, and becomes that franchise QB. I don't think anyone can argue that Cutler does not have the talent to become one.

Lyghts Out
04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Yep......at least this is a step in the right direction for Jay. The hope here is that Cutler checks his ego at the door and actually listens to Martz, because if he does, Cutler could take his game to the next level, and becomes that franchise QB. I don't think anyone can argue that Cutler does not have the talent to become one.

Hmmmmmm....lets take a closer look at the word emphasized here, "talent".

If by talent you mean Cannon Arm, yes, Cutler has talent.
But an NFL QB has to have more than a big arm to succeed...in fact many successful QBs do not have said "big arm". Rather, brains/awareness/leadership skills all play a much larger factor in a QB overall success in the NFL, which Cutler lacks, and at this point in his career, is it possible to achieve those things? Peyton, Rivers, Brees, Brady, .....all of their teammates would take a bullet for these guys. I just cant see any of the Bears standing behind Cutler like that at this point. Sorry man. Whats your take on the acquisition of Dan Lefevoure?

jcdavey
04-25-2010, 02:05 PM
bear fan?

usually when a player leaves a team his bitter rival will claim that team just lost an important cog in their machine

charger fans are still saying cutler is a whiny POS and he's not even in the same damn conference.....that tells you everything you need to know

the guy is crap aside from some nice stats he put up in denver that weren't accompanied by any consistent winning late in seasons

he's simply not a money player, didn't you learn that from his god-awful primetime performances last year???

he had what amounts to a playoff game vs sd a couple years back, to try and play his way into the playoffs, and play his way above .500 for the first time since HS, and he was outplayed on his own GD team by tatum fn bell lol

unless you guys can get ed "blood sugardaddy" hochuli to call all of your games, it's going to be murder IMO

maybe someday he'll put it together, but that is rare to see such a primadonna mentally deficient qb finaly have an epiphany

bears6385
04-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Hmmmmmm....lets take a closer look at the word emphasized here, "talent".

If by talent you mean Cannon Arm, yes, Cutler has talent.
But an NFL QB has to have more than a big arm to succeed...in fact many successful QBs do not have said "big arm". Rather, brains/awareness/leadership skills all play a much larger factor in a QB overall success in the NFL, which Cutler lacks, and at this point in his career, is it possible to achieve those things? Peyton, Rivers, Brees, Brady, .....all of their teammates would take a bullet for these guys. I just cant see any of the Bears standing behind Cutler like that at this point. Sorry man. Whats your take on the acquisition of Dan Lefevoure?Well in one year in Chicago Cutler showed more guts and leadership than he ever did in Denver. Part of being a leader is taking responsibility for your actions on the field. As said Cutler never once pointed fingers at a teammate for his mistakes. He sold out his body for his teammates taking the second most hits in the league behind that OLine, and never complaining once about it. Add in tough runs like the dive over a DE against Detroit. Playing tough, even in a losing season gets your team behind you. Being braindead in his decision making, now that's another story.......he still has a long way to go in that area of his game.

Dan LeFevor.......As a low round choice, he was taken right where he should have. A raw, raw prospect who can only benefit from working with Martz. A big mobile QB with a decent arm. With the right coaching he could be a starter one day down the line, much like your David Whitehurst, who I believe will be starting before long in Seattle.

jcdavey
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Well in one year in Chicago Cutler showed more guts and leadership than he ever did in Denver. Part of being a leader is taking responsibility for your actions on the field. As said Cutler never once pointed fingers at a teammate for his mistakes. He sold out his body for his teammates taking the second most hits in the league behind that OLine, and never complaining once about it. Add in tough runs like the dive over a DE against Detroit. Playing tough, even in a losing season gets your team behind you. Being braindead in his decision making, now that's another story.......he still has a long way to go in that area of his game.

Dan LeFevor.......As a low round choice, he was taken right where he should have. A raw, raw prospect who can only benefit from working with Martz. A big mobile QB with a decent arm. With the right coaching he could be a starter one day down the line, much like your David Whitehurst, who I believe will be starting before long in Seattle.charlie whitehurst.....easy mistake though

about cutler...of course he's not complaining now, dude got PAID!

The Bears have signed quarterback Jay Cutler to a two-year contract extension.

Cutler, who the Bears picked up from Denver in a trade this off-season, had a contract that ran through 2011. Now he will remain with the Bears through 2013, and likely beyond.

Cutler has guided the Bears to three victories and is coming off a 300-yard pass game against Atlanta.

The NFL Network reported the deal includes about $20 million guaranteed and roughly $30 million in potential new earnings beyond the present contract.

jcdavey
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
you thnk marshall is going to complan in miami with is fat payday? lol

hell merriman complains on twitter alot because he wants to get paid too
hope we aren't stupid enough to pay that broken shell

Comrade
04-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Cutler was depressingly bad this season and you are honestly going to come with that weak smack? I would bet good money that Jay will statistically be the 4th best QB in the NFC North this year if Favre returns. I'm not at all kidding.

Wait until things break down and the finger pointing begins between him and Martz, bears fans will start to see him for the whiny little prima donna he has always been.

TheBroncoEra
04-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Cutler was depressingly bad this season and you are honestly going to come with that weak smack? I would bet good money that Jay will statistically be the 4th best QB in the NFC North this year if Favre returns. I'm not at all kidding.

Wait until things break down and the finger pointing begins between him and Martz, bears fans will start to see him for the whiny little prima donna he has always been.

But, but, but, Cutler is amazing and is the next Joe Montana! :laugh: Oh boy could you imagine what's going to happen WHEN Cutler has another horrible season? I say he demands a trade if Lovie is cut, we all know how he goes crazy when a coach is fired! :laugh: