PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Denver-from a Bills fan

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Hello all:

I'm making the jump from Buffalo to Denver this offseason. I grew up in Buffalo and have been a lifelong fan of the Bills. However, I've watched a franchise make horrendous decisions year after year that has left a playoff void.

Last night, I gave the Bills one last chance. I expected them to get a new QB or offensive linemen. However, with a roster full of running backs, they get a slash back.

I admire Denver because they trade around, get the WR they want, and 3 picks later, get the QB they want. That's aggressive football management, and I'm trading in my Marshawn Lynch jersey for a Moreno and Tebow jersey. Your franchise management is top of the line and I'd love to be a part of that Broncos experience. So....

Hello Denver, goodbye Buffalo!

Andyy_47
04-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Welcome! It's good to have you aboard :D

TH3JUICEMAN
04-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Prepare to be flamed but I welcome you to the :helmet:

You also get a good ol :salute:

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Prepare to be flamed but I welcome you to the :helmet:

You also get a good ol :salute:

You can't blame me, Buffalo's a really, really bad team. They seem to always have their tires deep in the mud...

theshiverman
04-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Just like John Elway said to Neil Smith back in '95' 'Welcome to the Good Side'

LSIGRAD09
04-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Hello all:

I'm making the jump from Buffalo to Denver this offseason. I grew up in Buffalo and have been a lifelong fan of the Bills. However, I've watched a franchise make horrendous decisions year after year that has left a playoff void.

Last night, I gave the Bills one last chance. I expected them to get a new QB or offensive linemen. However, with a roster full of running backs, they get a slash back.

I admire Denver because they trade around, get the WR they want, and 3 picks later, get the QB they want. That's aggressive football management, and I'm trading in my Marshawn Lynch jersey for a Moreno and Tebow jersey. Your franchise management is top of the line and I'd love to be a part of that Broncos experience. So....

Hello Denver, goodbye Buffalo!

Welcome, although I think the Bills have a very good chance of getting Clausen, McCoy, Pike, or Lefevour.:D

Fargo
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
My dad was a Bills fan up to the you-know-what in the 90's. He's now a Browns fan.

I think he enjoys pain. :ugh:

EddieMac
04-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Welcome. and Fargo, love the new pic...sweet.

chazoe60
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Why is this in smack? :confused:

Bigoosh
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey dude, welcome to the boards. Seems we have a lot of converts since we went and grabbed Tebow. Sorry to hear you feel that the Bills are not going to get it done and yeah the running back pick made no sense to me either.

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey dude, welcome to the boards. Seems we have a lot of converts since we went and grabbed Tebow. Sorry to hear you feel that the Bills are not going to get it done and yeah the running back pick made no sense to me either.

I've been looking for a new team for 2 years....

The Broncos were on my short list (Seattle, Jacksonville and Tennessee were others). I just wanted to see who was the most aggressive this year, and obviously Denver wins.

Boltheads
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello all:

Your franchise management is top of the line and I'd love to be a part of that Broncos experience. So....

Hello Denver, goodbye Buffalo!Are you talking about Buffalo or Denver in this sentence?

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Are you talking about Buffalo or Denver in this sentence?

Denver is 10x the franchise Buffalo is, I'm not giving them a cent more of my paycheck.

The Bills? not so much. One step forward, three steps back.

Bigoosh
04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Denver is 10x the franchise Buffalo is, I'm not giving them a cent more of my paycheck.

The Bills? not so much. One step forward, three steps back.

I have to agree, the Bills have really just seemed lost the last few seasons. They had a brief flash when they first traded for Bledsoe, but after that they have really seemed to slowly spiral out of control. I hope this changes soon, I really like the Bills (though I will always be a Broncos fan first), and would like to see them doing good again.

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I have to agree, the Bills have really just seemed lost the last few seasons. They had a brief flash when they first traded for Bledsoe, but after that they have really seemed to slowly spiral out of control. I hope this changes soon, I really like the Bills (though I will always be a Broncos fan first), and would like to see them doing good again.

They apparently think Trent Edwards is answer.

Additionally, our line is ready to go as well. In one game this year our line had 11 penalties against it. It will be nice to be finished with them.

BroncoFanBoy
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
You can't blame me, Buffalo's a really, really bad team. They seem to always have their tires deep in the mud...

the broncos arent the greatest of teams either. but welcome to the broncos. :salute:

BroncoFanBoy
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM

Additionally, our line is ready to go as well. In one game this year our line had 11 penalties against it. It will be nice to be finished with them.

the bills were interested in getting tebow. the bills are my favorite to get colt mccoy or maybe dan lefevour.

Hoserman117
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the good side :D Just don't bail on us if we don't do so well this year :P

TheBroncoEra
04-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the Orange and Blue! :helmet::salute!:

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the good side :D Just don't bail on us if we don't do so well this year :P

Don't worry, I graduate in 2 weeks from college and likely will end up in Salt Lake within 5 years, so it was an eventual transition to loving the Broncos and hating the Bills.

Bigoosh
04-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Don't worry, I graduate in 2 weeks from college and likely will end up in Salt Lake within 5 years, so it was an eventual transition to loving the Broncos and hating the Bills.

Now the Utah Powder references make a bit more sense. I currently live in Southern Utah, but go north to ski a couple times a year.

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Now the Utah Powder references make a bit more sense. I currently live in Southern Utah, but go north to ski a couple times a year.

Very nice. I've got a close friend who lives @ Deer Valley, I've been there a few times to snowboard and can't get enough of the area. I'm trying to convince my fiance to move out there, maybe if I throw in a puppy she'll consider it!

baphamet
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
i have been a chargers fan my whole life so i cant really see where you are coming from by "switching teams"

i would sooner quit being a football fan before switching teams. yeah it sucks to see your team make bonehead decisions (again i am a chargers fan so i know how you feel) but you just need to hang in there man.

you don't have to keep giving them your money to continue to be a fan, i would say it is very reasonable to stop giving them your money if they are going to put a crap product on the field.

however that is something that broncos fans seem to not understand either because they are always bashing other teams fans for not selling out when their team is bad year after year.

it is ironic that you would pick the broncos though, they haven't made the best decisions either......ever since shanahan left.

maybe you should jump on the redskins bandwagon? :laugh:

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
i have been a chargers fan my whole life so i cant really see where you are coming from by "switching teams"

i would sooner quit being a football fan before switching teams. yeah it sucks to see your team make bonehead decisions (again i am a chargers fan so i know how you feel) but you just need to hang in there man.

you don't have to keep giving them your money to continue to be a fan, i would say it is very reasonable to stop giving them your money if they are going to put a crap product on the field.

however that is something that broncos fans seem to not understand either because they are always bashing other teams fans for not selling out when their team is bad year after year.

it is ironic that you would pick the broncos though, they haven't made the best decisions either......ever since shanahan left.

maybe you should jump on the redskins bandwagon? :laugh:

There's a fundamental flaw in how the Bills organization is run. They make their moves, but there's no goal in mind. They seem to think Spiller is the next Chris Johnson, but without a talented offensive line and QB who keeps defenders on their toes, no running can succeed. Not to mention the drafting has been terrible for 10 years with a whopping 1 Pro Bowl starter selection.

Even as an outsider, I can see where the Broncos want to go. They're taking the Bill Belichick way to success, which is ruthless, but it works. Seeing that the Patriots have destroyed the Bills for years, I've got a feeling the Broncos are turning around.

Plus, at least you guys can close the deal on a Super Bowl:sad:

baphamet
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
There's a fundamental flaw in how the Bills organization is run. They make their moves, but there's no goal in mind. They seem to think Spiller is the next Chris Johnson, but without a talented offensive line and QB who keeps defenders on their toes, no running can succeed. Not to mention the drafting has been terrible for 10 years with a whopping 1 Pro Bowl starter selection.

Even as an outsider, I can see where the Broncos want to go. They're taking the Bill Belichick way to success, which is ruthless, but it works. Seeing that the Patriots have destroyed the Bills for years, I've got a feeling the Broncos are turning around.

Plus, at least you guys can close the deal on a Super Bowl:sad:

huh? the bills went to 4 SB's and the chargers have been to 1

yeah the chargers are good now but 10 years ago i wasn't feeling really great about my team that is for sure.

one day the bills will be good again and you will be kicking yourself for not sticking through the hard times.

every team goes through hard times, look at the raiders? even the broncos who have never really had horrible seasons since before elway are looking like they are about to hit some rough waters.

just saying that i don't understand why you would "switch teams" i don't understand how you can just switch off loving a team your whole life then all of a sudden start loving another one.

even if i didn't love my chargers anymore and didn't want to be a fan i don't see how i could start loving another team all of a sudden, that's what i don't get.

i can see liking players of other teams but i have never understood changing teams, except among casual football fans.

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
huh? the bills went to 4 SB's and the chargers have been to 1

yeah the chargers are good now but 10 years ago i wasn't feeling really great about my team that is for sure.

one day the bills will be good again and you will be kicking yourself for not sticking through the hard times.

every team goes through hard times, look at the raiders? even the broncos who have never really had horrible seasons since before elway are looking like they are about to hit some rough waters.

just saying that i don't understand why you would "switch teams" i don't understand how you can just switch off loving a team your whole life then all of a sudden start loving another one.

even if i didn't love my chargers anymore and didn't want to be a fan i don't see how i could start loving another team all of a sudden, that's what i don't get.

i can see liking players of other teams but i have never understood changing teams, except among casual football fans.

I meant the Broncos closed the deal.

I've been on the fence about this for 2 years. I believe there's a fundamental flaw in how the Bills think you design a team. They've been doing thing backasswards for years. I wanted to fine a franchise with a clear cut mission to winning, and I believe that's the Broncos.

Plus, Buffalo can barely support a franchise. They'll be in Toronto in two years.

DevilSpawn
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM

How long were you a Bills fan?
Did you consider yourself a diehard?
What was the last straw?

just curious

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
How long were you a Bills fan?
Did you consider yourself a diehard?
What was the last straw?

just curious

I started following them when I was 14.

I consider a very diehard fan, I live in Rochester and make it to as many training camps as I can and as many games as I can.

Last straw? When the Bills brought **** Jauron back....

gorky
04-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard Utah_Powder!

I do feel sorry for Bills fans. They might know more pain than any other franchise. (E.g. thier greatest player ever is OJ :sad:)

baphamet
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Welcome aboard Utah_Powder!

I do feel sorry for Bills fans. They might know more pain than any other franchise. (E.g. thier greatest player ever is OJ :sad:)

they had some very good years though, they went to 4 straight SB's. i feel more sorry for lions fans, i am friends with a die hard lions fan and those guys are seriously die hard.

Utah_Powder
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
they had some very good years though, they went to 4 straight SB's. i feel more sorry for lions fans, i am friends with a die hard lions fan and those guys are seriously die hard.

Wide Right, Music City Miracle, The Monday Night Debacle, The 6-3 Offensive Showdown, Kevin Everett....

Bills fans have gone through some terrible stuff

gorky
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

4 strait SB losses! That is mega pain.

ChargersDivison
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Welcome to Denver, where like in Buffalo, you are part of a long playoff drought, inept franchise, bad offense and horrible front office.

Bad News.... I have Bills going 13-3 this year and winning the AFCE by no less than 5 games. I have Den lucky to win 5 games.

Stupid mistake switching sides.

Lyghts Out
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Bad News.... I have Bills going 13-3 this year and winning the AFCE by no less than 5 games.

No you dont.