• Show
Clear All
  • Boltheads
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2007

Blind Faith

Main Entry: blind faith
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination

It's hard to believe that it was just a little over a year ago that Bronco fans were touting Jay Cutler as the best QB in the NFL - purely based on his passing yards from 2008.

Then, we had to listen to Bronco fans claim how Orton was a "winner" and how he would flourish in McD's "system" as a "game manager" - especially with all the weapons Denver had that Chicago didn't have.

Next, this board got a dose of how Brady Quinn only failed in Cleveland because of the team - but, he would succeed in Denver, eventually replacing Orton and living up to his 1st round potential.

Now we have to listen to Bronco fans for the next 2-3 years telling us that "it won't be long now before Tebow starts and become one of the best QBs in the league".

Why do so Denver fans have blind faith in Josh McDaniels? Is it because of his success in New England? Does anyone think that maybe Tom Brady made McDaniels look good and not the other way around?

IMO, the guy is clueless when evaluating QB talent.
  • kishzilla
    All-Pro
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post

And you're basing this off of one year as a head coach?

You have to give the guy a fair shake. If thats "Blind Faith" then so be it. If you ask me its just reasonable.

I know that as a Charger fan you're going to hold our people to an unreasonably high standard, but you can't write off a guy based on one season and two offseasons.
    sigpic

Comment

• Boltheads
      Special Teams
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
      And you're basing this off of one year as a head coach?

You have to give the guy a fair shake. If thats "Blind Faith" then so be it. If you ask me its just reasonable.

I know that as a Charger fan you're going to hold our people to an unreasonably high standard, but you can't write off a guy based on one season and two offseasons.
      First of all Kish, it's good to see you back. Hope the new job is going good for you.

Here is what I base my opinion off of:

- He considered trading Cutler for Cassell
      - He drafted Tom Brandstater
      - He picked up Chris Simms to the team's back-up
      - He brought in Brady Quinn after QB guru Mike Holmgren gave up on the guy
      - He drafted a developmental QB in the 1st round

That's a pattern of poor judgement for a 14 month period.

Comment

• LSIGRAD09
        GO BRONCOS!!!
        • Sep 2009

Main Entry: blind faith
        Part of Speech: n
        Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination

It's hard to believe that it was just a little over a year ago that Bronco fans were touting Jay Cutler as the best QB in the NFL - purely based on his passing yards from 2008.

Then, we had to listen to Bronco fans claim how Orton was a "winner" and how he would flourish in McD's "system" as a "game manager" - especially with all the weapons Denver had that Chicago didn't have.

Next, this board got a dose of how Brady Quinn only failed in Cleveland because of the team - but, he would succeed in Denver, eventually replacing Orton and living up to his 1st round potential.

Now we have to listen to Bronco fans for the next 2-3 years telling us that "it won't be long now before Tebow starts and become one of the best QBs in the league".

Why do so Denver fans have blind faith in Josh McDaniels? Is it because of his success in New England? Does anyone think that maybe Tom Brady made McDaniels look good and not the other way around?

It's Called KOOL-AID, man.
        Too many people drink it, including some of your fellow fans. It's called Rivers Kool Aid, zaps the fear of losing away!
        As for me, Denver will improve somewhere in the next 5 years, that is my take, so I won't really be too disappointed if things fall apart.
        sigpic

Comment

• kishzilla
          All-Pro
          • Jan 2009

First of all Kish, it's good to see you back. Hope the new job is going good for you.

Here is what I base my opinion off of:

- He considered trading Cutler for Cassell
          - He drafted Tom Brandstater
          - He picked up Chris Simms to the team's back-up
          - He brought in Brady Quinn after QB guru Mike Holmgren gave up on the guy
          - He drafted a developmental QB in the 1st round

That's a pattern of poor judgement for a 14 month period.
          Thanks man, job is doing decent. It bought me a house, so not too shabby.

Not being able to get the guy he wanted in Cassell jacked up what he wanted to do. Had Cassell been signed in Denver we would most likely not be talking about this. Being that he had to make compromises, a new game plan had to be developed for the long term at the QB position.

I believe Orton was always meant to be an interim starter, we needed a 2nd string QB and at the time, Simms appeared to be the best option. Simms turned out to be a miscalculation, but it's not something I will hold against him. He did well in Tampa Bay and it became more of an issue with Simms not being NFL ready after being out for so long. Picking Brandstater in the 6th round was just a matter of needing a 3rd string QB and we got him on the cheap. I think Quinn is better than Simms and we needed a backup.

It seems as though Quinn is meant to be the long term solution as Backup, Orton is here to see us through the end of the 2010 season, and McD is hoping to have Tebow battle ready by 2011. Brandstater will likely be traded before the beginning of this season.

Again, if Cassell was in Denver last year, this would be a moot point, and the moves at QB out of necessity would not have been necessary.
          sigpic

Comment

• Broncoboy6
            Starter
            • Apr 2009

Aloha Bolthead, Here is what i think of the so called "Blind Faith".

Belief in Orton, Coach Mcdaniels, Tebow etc... is not blind faith. As it is more of an "Objective Faith". Putting your faith into an object makes it objective, And not at all "Blind". Everyday people fly on planes or boats, How much faith do you think they have of the plane not crashing or the boat not capsizing. It is more of probability than "Blind Faith" as you call it. Mahalo & GOD bless. GO
            HE>i

Comment

• chazoe60
              Banned User
              • Sep 2008

It's obvious you haven't been hanging around GD too much BH. This fanbase is so completely split on McD it's not even funny. In fact to listen to Denver radio and read local statement from around the entire state you would think McD was one of the most hated men in the state.

This thread is based in no way whatsoever on facts. There is no blind faith in McD at all, not by the majority that's for damn sure.

Comment

• chazoe60
                Banned User
                • Sep 2008

[I]

oh and BTW you don't have to listen to a damn thing. Charger fans could scurry back to their ****ty little MB if they don't like what this one has to say.

Comment

• Lyghts Out
                  Practice Squad
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                  Aloha Bolthead, Here is what i think of the so called "Blind Faith".

Belief in Orton, Coach Mcdaniels, Tebow etc... is not blind faith. As it is more of an "Objective Faith". Putting your faith into an object makes it objective, And not at all "Blind". Everyday people fly on planes or boats, How much faith do you think they have of the plane not crashing or the boat not capsizing. It is more of probability than "Blind Faith" as you call it. Mahalo & GOD bless. GO
                  You deserve the right to be a Bolts fan. Come over to the good side.
                  sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

• girlzarefanstoo
                    Practice Squad
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
                    You deserve the right to be a Bolts fan. Come over to the good side.
                    LOL! 10 chars

Comment

• Bigoosh
                      Practice Squad
                      • Mar 2010

The way I look at it is like this.

A: I can bemoan what my team is doing and hope they suck just so McD will get fired for making decisions I disagree with.

or

B: I can accept that coaches and players will always do stuff I disagree with and continue to hope my team does well.

I simply choose B in most situations. Do some of the things McD has done bother me? Yes, but at the same time I see good things as well which I think is worth holding on to hope for.

I don't have blind faith in McD or anyone else, but I am more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a couple of seasons to see what they can do and so far, they have done just as well as what we were doing recently.
                      sigpic

Kyle Orton Army #140
                      Team Tebow #140

Comment

• Sniptilla
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jul 2007

I really like your coach for making a stand and getting rid players that don't fit his idea of "team players" but in all honesty he has taken a huge gamble in my eyes. He gutted the Broncos offense, getting rid of virtually every weapon he had. No Marshall, No Hillis, No Scheffler, No Cutler.....now your Offense is a mere shadow of what it once was capable of. I have a world of respect for your coach making these changes, the man has sand......In the short term, it really hurt your team, Long term remains to be seen. Blind Faith? I think more like a huge LEAP OF FAITH is what I see in Donkyland, Broncos will either suck for years to come or rise from the ashes a much stronger team. We will have a good idea which one it is over next two seasons.

Comment

• Rancid
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Nov 2009

I cannot argue-- take off the orange glasses and it will make sense.

But, I am hoping Tebow will show us the way. If not, we are in big trouble for a long long time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X