PDA

View Full Version : LOL at the Bears!

TheBroncoEra
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
So the Bears have some picks to work with, and they don't bother getting any O-Line help until the 7th round (a guy name JAMARCUS Webb :laugh:) or some WRs for their "franchise" QB to throw to?

Enjoy another 26 INT season Bears fans! I know I'll enjoy watching it!! :dance:

Alastor
04-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Their draft suggests that they don't actually believe in what they have all that much. If they really still felt that Cutler was the answer, they'd have drafted around him.

They chose not to.

Their actions indicate that they're either happy with that offense (PUHLEASE...) or that they've figured out they got screwed and that they need to find another angle to their game.

TheBroncoEra
04-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Their draft suggests that they don't actually believe in what they have all that much. If they really still felt that Cutler was the answer, they'd have drafted around him.

They chose not to.

Their actions indicate that they're either happy with that offense (PUHLEASE...) or that they've figured out they got screwed and that they need to find another angle to their game.

Yeah and the drafting of LeFevour speaks volumes to me, I think Martz just drafted his QB for the near future, and maybe he doesn't see Cutler as a franchise QB.

Alastor
04-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah and the drafting of LeFevour speaks volumes to me, I think Martz just drafted his QB for the near future, and maybe he doesn't see Cutler as a franchise QB.

Nah, that was a 6th round pick wasn't it?

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say they're bailing on Cutler, especially not based on that.

I do think it's fair to say that they don't believe that giving Cutler better tools will result in all that different of an outcome though.

TheBroncoEra
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Nah, that was a 6th round pick wasn't it?

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say they're bailing on Cutler, especially not based on that.

I do think it's fair to say that they don't believe that giving Cutler better tools will result in all that different of an outcome though.

Yeah I think it was a 6th, but LeFevour was a pretty high rated QB iirc. Yeah and I still can't believe they didn't at least get a WR, and you can't tell me they're really sold on Hester as the #1 guy there, especially with the pass happy Martz.

Lyghts Out
04-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Chicago Bears: Okay, let's get this straight. The Bears trade pretty much everything, up to and including George Halas' first leather helmet, for quarterback Jay Cutler(notes). They have needs all over their roster, despite a very active free agency plunge. And in their draft, which didn't start until the 75th overall pick, they spend one of their five picks on ... Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour, who refused to throw at the combine because he wasn't familiar with the receivers. Ouch, guys.

Yahoo.com

bears6385
04-25-2010, 11:45 AM

They chose not to.

Their actions indicate that they're either happy with that offense (PUHLEASE...) or that they've figured out they got screwed and that they need to find another angle to their game.The Bears first pick was not till the third round they chose to fill their most pressing need a FS with that pick.

Major Wright FS......A need pick, at the Bears weakest area of the team.

Cory Wootton DE....A value pick, 15 months removed from major ACL sugery. Considered a top 40 pick before that injury. To good of a value to pass up in the 4th round.

Josh Moore CB....Provides depth in a thin area of the team. Has value as a potential 4 phase special teamer.

Dan LeFevour QB....Was drafted right where he should have been in the late rounds. Have you seen the Bears depth at this position?

J'Marcus Webb...A huge raw athletic prospect, nothing more. Practice squad perhaps.

All in all the Bears did as well as could be expected with the limited amount of picks they had.

bears6385
04-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah I think it was a 6th, but LeFevour was a pretty high rated QB iirc. Yeah and I still can't believe they didn't at least get a WR, and you can't tell me they're really sold on Hester as the #1 guy there, especially with the pass happy Martz.Hester is not the #1........Martz intends to put him in the slot, where he belongs. Aromashodu is Cutler's #1 option at wr, with Knox or Bennett on the other side. Martz has said all along he likes the potential of this group, and the results of the draft clearly show this.

Alastor
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Martz has said all along he likes the potential of this group, and the results of the draft clearly show this.

All in all the Bears did as well as could be expected with the limited amount of picks they had.

You have two conflicting answers present in as many posts. Which of these two answers is actually how you feel about the issue?

bears6385
04-25-2010, 12:38 PM
You have two conflicting answers present in as many posts. Which of these two answers is actually how you feel about the issue?1) I am posting what Martz has said many times this off season......In my opinion, yes I would have liked to bring in a veteran wr, because this is such a young unproven area of the team. At this point more potential than production, and adding another 3rd or 4th round pick in this draft would not have changed this at all. Hell we have a 3rd rounder from last years draft that has not seen the field yet.

2) This is my opinion of the 2010 draft. The Bears did the best they could with limited picks.

Alastor
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the response.