PDA

View Full Version : Face of the Franchise

Boltheads
04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
http://tebowiscrying.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/crying.jpg

How is this guy going to handle losing in the NFL? Imagine "watching" his team choke a 3 game lead and end up 5 games back. Or, how about "watching" his team miss the playoffs by losing to OAK and KC at home.

theshiverman
04-25-2010, 10:11 AM
http://tebowiscrying.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/crying.jpg

How is this guy going to handle losing in the NFL? Imagine "watching" his team choke a 3 game lead and end up 5 games back. Or, how about "watching" his team miss the playoffs by losing to OAK and KC at home.

This may be the strongest smack you will ever be able to come up with agaisnt a top character kid like tebow, smacking him over the emotion of playing a game he wanted to win for his teamates so bad that it left him drained physically and emotionally, maybe you can roll out some smack on him for beliving in god and doing extensive charity work, charity work that he did before becomming a highly paid QB and without a PR firm setting it up for his public image, basically doing it on his own dime and because he thought it was the right thing to do.....yep, enjoy this feeble attempt to attack his character because the opportunites in the future may be scarce.

Boltheads
04-25-2010, 10:23 AM
This may be the strongest smack you will ever be able to come up with agaisnt a top character kid like tebow, smacking him over the emotion of playing a game he wanted to win for his teamates so bad that it left him drained physically and emotionally, maybe you can roll out some smack on him for beliving in god and doing extensive charity work, charity work that he did before becomming a highly paid QB and without a PR firm setting it up for his public image, basically doing it on his own dime and because he thought it was the right thing to do.....yep, enjoy this feeble attempt to attack his character because the opportunites in the future may be scarce.Get off of your freaking soap box you hypocrite. You (and most of the other Bronco fans on here) have attacked Rivers for years. Philip is just as competitive and wants to win every game for his teamates just as bad. Yet you have no problem going after how he handles his emotions.

I'd rather have my QB getting fired up and talking a little trash then hanging his head and crying his eyes out after a loss.

theshiverman
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Get off of your freaking soap box you hypocrite. You (and most of the other Bronco fans on here) have attacked Rivers for years. Philip is just as competitive and wants to win every game for his teamates just as bad. Yet you have no problem going after how he handles his emotions.

I'd rather have my QB getting fired up and talking a little trash then hanging his head and crying his eyes out after a loss.

'Climbing off soapbox' Rivers proved his character as being a hotheaded, smack talking showboat on the sidelines manytimes over, and yes iv completly destroyed Rivers verbally in the past, but since he cleaned his act up over the last few years i have cut him some slack.

LSIGRAD09
04-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Get off of your freaking soap box you hypocrite. You (and most of the other Bronco fans on here) have attacked Rivers for years. Philip is just as competitive and wants to win every game for his teamates just as bad. Yet you have no problem going after how he handles his emotions.

I respect Rivers, but most Chargers fans will ridicule this team, any player, and all fans.
Maybe Rivers would not be attacked so badly if he wasn't shoved in our face the whole time, and touted as a god.

(Though I can't speak for me, I respect Rivers.) Vicious cycles of Fan arguing, am I right! :D

Boltheads
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I respect Rivers, but most Chargers fans will ridicule this team, any player, and all fans.
Maybe Rivers would not be attacked so badly if he wasn't shoved in our face the whole time, and touted as a god.
(Though I can't speak for me, I respect Rivers.) Vicious cycles of Fan arguing, am I right! :DLOL...did you read what you wrote? Insert "Tebow" instead of "Rivers" and that sentence would be more accurate.

BroncoPower
04-25-2010, 10:37 AM

You really are a jackass. This thread fails on so many levels. Mods close the thread and ban Boltheads for being a complete idiot. Typical that you support a complete jerk like Rivers. Yes he can play the game but he is an idiot and the way he carries himself is a disgrace most of the time.

Tebow >>>>>>>>Rivers and thats on all levels and its not even close.

PhillyBronco24
04-25-2010, 10:42 AM

The thing here is Tebow has class and when he loses he doesnt open his mouth like a little kid, while rivers on the other hand just whines about it like a baby, theres a difference a huge difference.

LSIGRAD09
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
LOL...did you read what you wrote? Insert "Tebow" instead of "Rivers" and that sentence would be more accurate.

Did not occur to me, because I am not the one doing it. So, don't judge me for it. I like Tebow, but he is not worth smacking you guys about it.
So, your discussion is true and false. True, as in other fans will say it, false as in I don't do that, and it didn't occur to me.

Anything else?

TheBroncoEra
04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have Tebow as the face of my franchise than this

http://s46884.gridserver.com/images/uploads/stupid-philip-rivers-face.jpg

Justblaze2729
04-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Thats cause rivers is a **** ...if anything he wants to win for himself not unlike everyother chargers player

Justblaze2729
04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
LOL...did you read what you wrote? Insert "Tebow" instead of "Rivers" and that sentence would be more accurate.

lol I'm not gonna lie thats true ....but in my eyes he is pretty close to the big man upstairs lol

Ok Maybe not but if i was to look for a candidate he would be the closest you could find ..

TIM TEBOW YEEAAAAA!!!!

Boltz17
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd rather have Tebow as the face of my franchise than this

http://s46884.gridserver.com/images/uploads/stupid-philip-rivers-face.jpg

Tebow is a class act, but so is Rivers--most Bronco fans AND the media have blown 2-3 moments in a career out of proportion (even taken them totally out of context) and that's cool, that's what fans of rival teams do. HOWEVER, Rivers is a far better QB than Tebow and there's no contest and in that regard, I prefer Rivers to Tebow as our Face!

BroncoPower
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Tebow is a class act, but so is Rivers--most Bronco fans AND the media have blown 2-3 moments in a career out of proportion (even taken them totally out of context) and that's cool, that's what fans of rival teams do. HOWEVER, Rivers is a far better QB than Tebow and there's no contest and in that regard, I prefer Rivers to Tebow as our Face!

As of now, there is no comparison because Tebow has not yet taken a snap. However if i were a charger fan i would be way way way more scared about the prospect of having him as a QB in the AFCW as opposed to somebody like a Jay Cutler. Tebow is a winner and a great leader, plain and simple.

gorky
04-25-2010, 12:51 PM
As of now, there is no comparison because Tebow has not yet taken a snap. However if i were a charger fan i would be way way way more scared about the prospect of having him as a QB in the AFCW as opposed to somebody like a Jay Cutler. Tebow is a winner and a great leader, plain and simple.

Amen ( 10 chars)

ChargersDivison
04-25-2010, 01:09 PM

IN college.. We've seen those guys fail. Rivers was a winner in HS, in college and now in the NFL. Rivers was elite in HS, in college and now in the NFL.

Tebow, Orton and Quinn combined aren't half the QB Rivers is, until they prove other wise. Rivers is the better leader, winner, clutch, classy, etc, etc QB of them all in the NFL.... Until they can elevate their game to Rivers level, which will take years it's delusional hopeful assumptions.

Tebow is a known trash talker and taunter on the field. Just like Rivers. It's called competitive nature. It's gonna be funny watching you clowns try to defend it now. I get it though having to watch SD with such an elite top echelon QB not even in his prime yet dominate you have to formulate some type of smack.

"Yeah welll uh uh Rivers is a big fat meanie who is a jerk to nice innocent fans and he hurts their feelings and he picks on poor small LB's and d-linemen who get a chance to hit him"

Grow a pair nancy. Go watch Golf or Crockett.

baphamet
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
This may be the strongest smack you will ever be able to come up with agaisnt a top character kid like tebow, smacking him over the emotion of playing a game he wanted to win for his teamates so bad that it left him drained physically and emotionally, maybe you can roll out some smack on him for beliving in god and doing extensive charity work, charity work that he did before becomming a highly paid QB and without a PR firm setting it up for his public image, basically doing it on his own dime and because he thought it was the right thing to do.....yep, enjoy this feeble attempt to attack his character because the opportunites in the future may be scarce.

LMAO!!!! you know what they say? whats good for the goose is good for the gander? you guys talked crap about how LT gets emotional when he would lose but it is now different when talking about a broncos player, isn't it? :rolleyes:

theshiverman
04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
LMAO!!!! you know what they say? whats good for the goose is good for the gander? you guys talked crap about how LT gets emotional when he would lose but it is now different when talking about a broncos player, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Well, im not gonna slam LT too bad since he is no longer a Charger, i know its the 'in' thing to do over there on the Chargers message board these days, to rip the guy, But i will have to say this, if you look at the pictures of the two, Tebow is surrounded by teamates that care about the guy as he is getting emotional, patting him on the back, talking to him like a friend and teamate, thats a sign of love and respect for one another, LT is sitting back there on the bench all alone with his head down and helmet and visor on , while everyone seems to be staying away from him or even ignoring him, no love or respect there, almost like disdain.

BroncoPower
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
IN college.. We've seen those guys fail. Rivers was a winner in HS, in college and now in the NFL. Rivers was elite in HS, in college and now in the NFL.

Tebow, Orton and Quinn combined aren't half the QB Rivers is, until they prove other wise. Rivers is the better leader, winner, clutch, classy, etc, etc QB of them all in the NFL.... Until they can elevate their game to Rivers level, which will take years it's delusional hopeful assumptions.

Tebow is a known trash talker and taunter on the field. Just like Rivers. It's called competitive nature. It's gonna be funny watching you clowns try to defend it now. I get it though having to watch SD with such an elite top echelon QB not even in his prime yet dominate you have to formulate some type of smack.

"Yeah welll uh uh Rivers is a big fat meanie who is a jerk to nice innocent fans and he hurts their feelings and he picks on poor small LB's and d-linemen who get a chance to hit him"

Grow a pair nancy. Go watch Golf or Crockett.

As i said before, Tebow has won everything and has broken records all over the place. He is a leader and a fighter and will succeed at the next level. Its inevitable. Russell is a bust because he lacks the necessary intangibles. Tebow's are off the chart.

Rivers attitude has improved. However i would not go so far as to call him classy. You can be competitive and emotional and not act like an idiot. He is slowly learning that but it took him awhile. People call it how they see it ROD. Not everybody has their frank and beans in rivers' jock like you.

And its Croquet ROD not Crockett. :)

BroncoPower
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, im not gonna slam LT too bad since he is no longer a Charger, i know its the 'in' thing to do over there on the Chargers message board these days, to rip the guy, But i will have to say this, if you look at the pictures of the two, Tebow is surrounded by teamates that care about the guy as he is getting emotional, patting him on the back, talking to him like a friend and teamate, thats a sign of love and respect for one another, LT is sitting back there on the bench all alone with his head down and helmet and visor on , while everyone seems to be staying away from him or even ignoring him, no love or respect there, almost like disdain.

CP to you sir. Good post.

girlzarefanstoo
04-25-2010, 02:08 PM
You are clueless about how LT was received by his team-mates. You just make this "stuff" up left and right. A photo --a single photo of anyone can be made to look like any thing. If you watched the whole game, that was a tiny portion and the rest of the time he was talking to and encouraging his team mates. You should have seen him excited on the sidelines to welcome Sproles back after long runs or TDs. He was a team man as is Rivers.

I'm glad Tebow cares about losing. I never get upset at emotion by any player about trying to give their best to win. I think it's a greater likelihood that Tebow is a good pick up than a bad one. I'll never talk about Tebow as a few of you guys do here about Rivers.

I love River's commitment to winning and yes, HE'S A CLASS ACT for anyone that takes the time to know him, listen to him and watch him. For those that don't -- you're speaking out of your ignorance and it shows.

TheBroncoEra
04-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Fair enough, I just posted that because it's a funny picture :P

theshiverman
04-25-2010, 02:18 PM
You are clueless about how LT was received by his team-mates. You just make this "stuff" up left and right. A photo --a single photo of anyone can be made to look like any thing. If you watched the whole game, that was a tiny portion and the rest of the time he was talking to and encouraging his team mates. You should have seen him excited on the sidelines to welcome Sproles back after long runs or TDs. He was a team man as is Rivers.

I'm glad Tebow cares about losing. I never get upset at emotion by any player about trying to give their best to win. I think it's a greater likelihood that Tebow is a good pick up than a bad one. I'll never talk about Tebow as a few of you guys do here about Rivers.

I love River's commitment to winning and yes, HE'S A CLASS ACT for anyone that takes the time to know him, listen to him and watch him. For those that don't -- you're speaking out of your ignorance and it shows.

I never commented on LT during a win, heck everybody is a good teamate during a win, i was comparing him and Tebow during a loss, thats when everybodys true colors come out, this guy started the topic trying to put down Tebow for sheding tears during a loss, thats all i was commenting on.

Boltheads
04-26-2010, 07:34 AM
LMAO!!!! you know what they say? whats good for the goose is good for the gander? you guys talked crap about how LT gets emotional when he would lose but it is now different when talking about a broncos player, isn't it? :rolleyes:These guys have been brutal on Rivers - which is fine, it's the Smack section. But, they do the same on the GD board too. Imagine posting this thread over there?

The only reason people get over sensitivie on things like this is because they fear it is real.

gorky
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
These guys have been brutal on Rivers - which is fine, it's the Smack section. But, they do the same on the GD board too. Imagine posting this thread over there?

The only reason people get over sensitivie on things like this is because they fear it is real.

I have no problems with Tebow if he cries. And likewise, I'll have no problems with you smacking him when he does. (Besides, I have a strong feeling that will be some of the only smack you will be able to give him :))

BoltNut
04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I won't get into any smack here. Suffice to say that I would much rather have a player who shows his emotions on the field than one who takes advantage of young women that have had too much to drink, who get repeated DUI's or spousal abuse charges, who have enough illegitimate children to start an expansion team, or what all the other idiotic, childish, spoiled rotten players do. It's refreshing to see a player care enough about his team to maybe shed a tear once in a while instead of bashing someone in the head with an empty champagne bottle.