PDA

View Full Version : prediction time

baphamet
04-25-2010, 08:35 PM
the draft is over and assuming all rookies are signed in a reasonable amount of time and rivers, campell, orton, and cassel are all the starting QB's in week one, this is my prediction for the upcoming season.

Chargers 12-4

Raiders 7-9

Chiefs 7-9

Broncos 6-10

(i didn't purposely put Denver to finish last for smack reasons, this is my legitimate prediction)

i think the division will be improved overall except the broncos who are in the earlier stages of rebuilding.

i actually think it is possible that the chiefs or raiders could break out, especially if Campbell is successful.

chazoe60
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM
SD- 13-3 and actually pull it off this time and Win the SB and the offseason sucks ass on this MB. I'm believing in them one more time. Rivers MVP both SB and Regular Season. (God I hate to say it but it's what I think will happen) :smug:

Denver- 8-8 again but not in the choking manner of last time. Competitive in all our games. Tebow contributes a lot more than people think and shows sign of being a capable NFL QB.

Raiders 7-9 and looking much improved. Campbell makes believers of the crazies. Just one more sane offseason away from really competing.( I loved their draft BTW)

Chiefs 5-11 I just don't see this team doing much of anything. Another very early draft pick and Pioli looks to replace his HC possibly with a coach already on the payroll ;)

ERoyal248
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Chargers 13-3

Broncos 9-7

Raiders 7-9

Chiefs 6-10

ChargersDivison
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
God I don't even know. To me Den is the biggest mystery. They can either be really bad or surprisingly good. I don't mean 6-0 finish 2-8 good. But actually 10 wins good and playoffs.

I need to see Oak good again to believe it.

KC I'm leaning towards improvement but not drastic.

SD I think will be better and has a easy schedule. I can see 10 to 15 wins.

If recent patterns is a sign for the future.

2003 4-12, 2004 12-4. 8 game increase.

2004 12-4, 2005 9-7. 3 game decrease.

2005 9-7, 2006 14-2. 5 game increase.

2006 14-2, 2007 11-5. 3 game decrease.

2007 11-5, 2008 8-8. 3 game decrease.

2008 8-8, 2009 13-3. 5 game increase

Maybe 3 game decrease?? 10-6? Hard to see with that schedule but you never know.

There is a flaw in the pattern so it threw me off. Maybe to balance out the 3 game and 3 game back to back decreases from 08 to 06, 2010 will be a 1 game increase to balance it out to 6 game increase from 08. 14-2?

Broncosojia
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Chargers: 12-4/13-3

Raiders: 9-7

Broncos: 8-8

Chiefs: 6-10/7-9

Thors Hammer
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
San Diego - 11-5

Denver - 9-7

Kansas City - 8-8

Oakland - 6-10

sharp_shepherd
04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Sd 12-4/11-5
den 9-7
oak 8-8
kc 6-10/7-9

kishzilla
04-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Based on what happened to me last season (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155491), I'll be staying the hell away from this thread............

http://ccounty.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/doh1.jpg

TheBroncoEra
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Broncos 16-0
Chiefs 0-16
Raiders 0-16
Chargers 0-16

Championship! :peace:

Okay for real now

CHARGERS

Chiefs W
Jaguars W
Seahawks W
Cardinals L
Raiders W
Rams W
Patriots L
Titans W
Texans W
Broncos W
Colts L
Raiders W
Chiefs W
49ers W
Bengals L
Broncos L

11-5

Jaguars W
Seahawks W
Colts L
Titans W
Ravens L
Jets L
Raiders W
49ers W
Chiefs W
Chargers L
Rams W
Chiefs W
Cardinals L
Raiders W
Texans W
Chargers W

11-5

CHIEFS

Chargers L
Browns W
49ers L
Colts L
Texans L
Jaguars L
Bills W
Raiders W
Broncos L
Cardinals L
Seahawks L
Broncos L
Chargers L
Rams W
Titans L
Raiders W

5-11

Titans L
Rams L
Cardinals L
Texans L
Chagers L
49ers L
Broncos L
Seahawks W
Chiefs L
Steelers W
Dolphins W
Chargers L
Jaguars L
Broncos L
Colts L
Chiefs L

3-13

Boltz17
04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Chargers 14-2
Raiders 10-6
Chiefs 7-9
Broncos 7-9

gorky
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Bolts 10-6
Broncos 9-7 Wild card
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 7-9

Finally, a very competitive division across the board.

I see the bolts losing 2-3 games within the division finally. (Those are supposed to be the hardest fought wins, so it's about time they behave like they should.)

Sadly, I see the Saints winning the SB over the Jets. (But at least the AFC West is better represented than in years past.)

My 7 teams of power:
1) Saints
2) Jets
3) Ravens
4) Indy
5) Minnesota (assuming Farve)
6) Bolts
7) Miami - my darkhorse

baphamet
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Based on what happened to me last season (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155491), I'll be staying the hell away from this thread............

http://ccounty.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/doh1.jpg

LMAO!! don't let that stop ya!! :D

Bigoosh
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I tend to be an optimist and I truly love the AFC West as a whole minus the Chiefs, but this is how I really see it breaking down this year.

Chargers 14-2 They have an awesome schedule and I don't see anyone who is a for sure to beat them.

Broncos 10-6 I really think we will do better this year than last year. I think our team will have more energy. However, with that said I wouldn't be surprised to go 6-10 either.

Raiders 7-9 I think they will be better than last year, but I don't think they are quite ready to bring the competition back.

Chief's 6-10 I actually think this is the real X factor in the division right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they come out at the end with an 11-5 record, I really can't get a grasp on them at all.

baphamet
04-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Chargers 14-2
Raiders 10-6
Chiefs 7-9
Broncos 7-9

i like that one :D

jcdavey
04-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Chargers 14-2
Broncos 10 - 6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 8-8

a return to glory for the afc west

but who knows, it's the nfl which is often unpredictable

TheBroncoEra
04-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Chargers 14-2
Broncos 10 - 6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 8-8

a return to glory for the afc west

but who knows, it's the nfl which is often unpredictable

Even though I don't really like any other AFC West teams it'd be nice to see us all do good and bring back some credibility to our division :salute!:

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
You know what would be kind of funny but sad at the same time. If the Raiders wins the division and SD comes in last. I don't see that happening, but again like JC said, this is the NFL....

3 Times BABY!
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
The Raiders would have gone 8-8 last year if the Syzzurp King wasnt starting for most of the season.

CHARGERS

Chiefs W
Jaguars W
Seahawks W
Cardinals W
Raiders L (You guys sleep on the Raiders again, and actually lose this time.)
Rams W
Patriots W
Titans W
Texans W
Broncos W
Colts L
Raiders W
Chiefs W
49ers W
Bengals L
Broncos W

13-3 Easy schedule this year for our division...but you lose to the Ravens in the playoffs...and so does everyone else.

Jaguars L
Seahawks L
Colts L
Titans L
Ravens L
Jets L
Raiders L
49ers W
Chiefs W
Chargers L
Rams W
Chiefs W
Cardinals L
Raiders L
Texans L
Chargers L

4-12
This bronco team reminds me of the mid 90's Raiders...always coming on strong and blowing the rest of the season...eventually it resulted in a 4-12 season in 97...

CHIEFS

Chargers L
Browns W
49ers L
Colts L
Texans L
Jaguars L
Bills L
Raiders L
Broncos L
Cardinals L
Seahawks L
Broncos L
Chargers L
Rams W
Titans L
Raiders L

2-14 This team only wins when their opponents under achieve in a major way.

Titans L (I would chalk this up to a win if it werent the first game of the season...our run d wont be ready for CJ)
Rams W
Cardinals W (leinart will be benched shortly afterward,if he has the starting job.)
Texans W
Chagers W
49ers W
Broncos W
Seahawks W
Chiefs W
Steelers W ( We beat em last year...)
Dolphins L
Chargers L
Jaguars W
Broncos W
Colts L
Chiefs W
Thats right, were gonna sweep both the donks and chiefs. Look at the teams we beat last season...and were close against SD in game 1, with Jabustus in there to boot.
The Raiders have a pretty damn easy schedule this year aside from the two games against SD plus Indy and the fins.
I know its crazy...Oakland going 12-4...but looking at that schedule I dont see us going any lower than 9-7

goblin53
04-26-2010, 05:01 AM
sorry man but no way you sweep the broncos this year. im not a fan of the direction McD is taking us but we havent fallen that far.

Beagle
04-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Bolts 11-5
Raiders 10-6
Broncos 10-6
KC 5-11

swaiy
04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I think the Chiefs will surprise everyone this year.

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM

Like I said, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they come out and win the division. I really wish I had a better handle on them. I like the addition of Charlie and Romeo, but I don't know if it will make that big of an impact this year. Also, there draft was got, but not as strong as others... I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

BroncoFanBoy
04-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Chargers 11-5
Broncos 10-6
Chiefs 6-10
Raiders 5-11

Jer_ber73
04-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Agreed. The chiefs have a good coaching staff and will do a lot better. Somebody finally put Al on home arrest and the Raiders finally play up to thier talent. Chargers are the Chargers and probably (sigh) win the devision. WILL NOT speculate on the Broncos. Just dont want any rival to sweep us.
Be really nice if whole devision finished over .500.

BroncoFanBoy
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Bolts 11-5
Raiders 10-6
Broncos 10-6
KC 5-11
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Question_mark_alternate.png

theshiverman
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
the draft is over and assuming all rookies are signed in a reasonable amount of time and rivers, campell, orton, and cassel are all the starting QB's in week one, this is my prediction for the upcoming season.

Chargers 12-4

Raiders 7-9

Chiefs 7-9

Broncos 6-10

(i didn't purposely put Denver to finish last for smack reasons, this is my legitimate prediction)

i think the division will be improved overall except the broncos who are in the earlier stages of rebuilding.

i actually think it is possible that the chiefs or raiders could break out, especially if Campbell is successful.

I think Denvers efforts to rebuild their D-Line and O-Line in the off season pays off, Orton in his second year in the offense pays off, I like the switch to a power running system for Denver, and i think they get over the 8-8 hump and into the playoffs.

I love what the Raiders have done in the offseason, solid Free Agency and a very impressive draft, i think they have a real shot at a wild card this year.

Chargers did nothing to improve their O-line, they lost their big run stopper in the middle of their D, they finished next to last in rushing last year and the only thing they did to try and improve that is cut LT and draft an injury prone rookie, Rivers is good enough to get them to .500 but the lack of a real running threat and the rookie wall catches up to them in the second half of the season. Chargers have made their living feasting on divisional games but i think the other West teams have improved enough to avoid getting swept and making the division a real fight.

KC's work in Free Agency and the hiring of Charlie to run their offense impressed me more then what they did in the draft but i liked a few of their picks, i think McCluster is a straight up big play stud in the return game and catching the screen passes, he is going to cause some problems, i dont think KC makes the playoffs this season, but i do think they are going in the right direction.

Broncos 10-6
Raiders 9-7
Chargers 8-8
Chiefs 8-8

BroncosR2Good
04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Chargers 11-5
Broncos 9-7
Raiders 9-7
Chiefs 6-10

TH3JUICEMAN
04-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Broncos-11-5

Chargers-7-9

Chiefs-5-11

Raiders-6-10

Next season is gonna be beautiful, and if this doesnt come true I'll cut off both of my hangnails and post it on youtube:D

RaiderFanSD
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Chargers 14-2
Raiders 8-8
Broncos 8-8
Chiefs 7-9

I don't see the Broncos any better than 8-8 because nobody on their offense scares me. Yeah they upgraded the O-line and WR's but it's going to take a year or two for them to significantly help the O. They lost Marshall their biggest playmaker and for the majority of WR's it takes time to become good, especially when the WR is so raw like D. Thomas. Moreno doesn't scare me either, he just doesn't possess the big play capability.

Their 8-8 if the defense continues to be good, if not then I see them worse than 8-8.

girlzarefanstoo
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I won't try to guess the rest of the league as I don't have the time to pay enough serious attention to their teams, but for my Chargers:

12-4

BoltNut
04-26-2010, 11:47 AM
I won't try to guess the rest of the league as I don't have the time to pay enough serious attention to their teams, but for my Chargers:

12-4

I'm with you. Last year I picked the Raiders to come in 2nd..... I'm leaning that way again, so I'll just shut my trap. 12-4 is fairly realistic, but with the schedule we have this season we should do better. The only thing certain is uncertainty..... I think there's a song out there with those lyrics. :D

gorky
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Broncos-11-5

Chargers-7-9

Chiefs-5-11

Raiders-6-10

Next season is gonna be beautiful, and if this doesnt come true I'll cut off both of my hangnails and post it on youtube:D

LOL (10 chars)

gorky
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm with you. Last year I picked the Raiders to come in 2nd..... I'm leaning that way again, so I'll just shut my trap. 12-4 is fairly realistic, but with the schedule we have this season we should do better. The only thing certain is uncertainty..... I think there's a song out there with those lyrics. :D

Indeed.

There are always teams that look easy before the season starts, and they end up being the killer teams.

BoltNut
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Indeed.

There are always teams that look easy before the season starts, and they end up being the killer teams.

And this season, everything looks to be up in the air.

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Indeed.

It's one of the things I love about the NFL. You never know exactly what it is going to happen. There are always going to be teams that go from worst to first in a big way. While I don't see either the Chief's or the Raiders doing it, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did.

trevorlovesthed
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Broncos-11-5. Jamaal Williams really revamps our run defense that was 26th last year. Along with Justin Bannan and Jarvis. I give our pass defense top 5 this year with the addition of Nathan Jones. Our run defense top 15. We got the arguably one of the top QB depth charts and WR's.

Chargers- 10-6 start off slow again, but gain their ground down the stretch. Mattews will have to step up filling a big hole left by L.T. He needs to be able to catch the ball for screens. San Diego is more pass orientated.

Chiefs- 7-9. Added a lot of depth at runningback. That'll help their passing game and Bowe has his best season yet.

Raiders- 7-9. This is on of the first drafts i applaud the Raiders on. They got an excellent playmaker in Rolando Mcclain whom i wanted personally. Great Pick. Jamarcus becomes 3rd string which would help them because the further away from starting the better for the Raiders. Campbell and Bey hookup this year near the end and prove that maybe Bey is better than we assume.

BoltNut
04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Broncos-11-5. Jamaal Williams really revamps our run defense that was 26th last year. Along with Justin Bannan and Jarvis. I give our pass defense top 5 this year with the addition of Nathan Jones. Our run defense top 15. We got the arguably one of the top QB depth charts and WR's.

Chargers- 10-6 start off slow again, but gain their ground down the stretch. Mathews will have to step up filling a big hole left by L.T. He needs to be able to catch the ball for screens. San Diego is more pass orientated.

Chiefs- 7-9. Added a lot of depth at runningback. That'll help their passing game and Bowe has his best season yet.

Raiders- 7-9. This is on of the first drafts i applaud the Raiders on. They got an excellent playmaker in Rolando Mcclain whom i wanted personally. Great Pick. Jamarcus becomes 3rd string which would help them because the further away from starting the better for the Raiders. Campbell and Bey hookup this year near the end and prove that maybe Bey is better than we assume.

With the schedule we have this year in the early going, I just can't see another slow start. Of course, I could be wrong, but looking at it at this point, no way. Mathews does have some big shoes to fill, but getting more than 3.2 Yards per carry doesn't seem like much of a reach. Also, Mathews does have pretty good hands and should be quite capable of doing well with screen plays. Besides, Sproles is still on the team and we all know what he can do on screen plays.

What the Raiders have done this year along with what they did the previous year, make me think that they're going to be the ones with the second best record. I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that the Bolts won't win another AFC West title.

Fargo
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
12-4 Chargers -- Some big shifts in central players since last season that could upset the balance on the offense and defense. Oline wasn't really addressed. I expect the Chargers to fall a game or two from last season's record.

11-5 Broncos -- Big improvements despite Marshall leaving. The team is more confident, and so is the coach in what he knows the players are capable of doing. The offense, the oline, the dline, and the PBS are all changes that could take this team far.

Oakland -- 7-9 A good draft to say the least. The surprise shift in the QB situation has put Oakland in place to do the stuff they haven't done for years. They have all the right players, just terrible management and poor coaching. We'll see.

Chiefs -- 7-9 Kansas is only at the bottom for their past history. Weis and Romeo are going to change this team into a contender with a couple years. Cassel is very capable, and with Charles plus the other weapons brought in this season, they could easily take the third spot in the division.

baphamet
04-26-2010, 07:22 PM
cant wait until its time to bump this thread lol

oh and its getting bumped regardless if it looks good for my chargers or not, that's how i roll.

Broncoboy6
04-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Aloha Baphamet. Here is my prediction for the 2010 Season.

*Denver Broncos / 13-3

*San Diego Chargers / 11-5

*Kansas City Chiefs / 10-6

*Oakland Raiders / 9-7

Mahalo & GOD bless. GO :logo:

IgorBStrange
04-27-2010, 02:17 AM
San Diego : 11-5 but could be worse if Matthews gets hurt or has a hard time getting going with the jump from College to the NFL.

Denver : 10-6 with a Wild Card. McD has a year of learning under his belt and with the tricks he pulled to make the 6-0 start last year he may just do better again than anyone expects.

Oakland: 8-8 because of Cable and Campbell, if Campbell can motivate the team as it's leader. Though with Undead Al, who knows if Cable will make it through TC as the Coach. If Al does the Al with Cable, the turmoil of a new Coach will hurt Oakland again.

KC : 6-10 because I think Romeo and Weiss are overrated. They did great with Belichick and NE, but this is not Belichick and NE. Weiss blew it with ND and Romeo blew it big time with Cleveland. Maybe they are better Co-Ordinators, maybe they benefited from Belichick and the scheme in NE. We'll see.

VancePants
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
1. Broncos, who else will finish first except the class of the AFC West

12-4

2. I know this is a reach, but I have a feeling the Raiders are going to surprise

10-6

3. The San Diego Imposters, they have shown to be paper champions the past four years, it will all end as it should this year.

8-8

4. Kansas City Chefs have put together some pieces but don't have the glue to hold it all together.

6-10

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
04-28-2010, 07:05 PM
The homerism in this thread is sickening. Baph remember last year you predicted us to be at the bottom of the division? :doh: I guess you didn't learn your lesson.

AFC WEST
Chargers - 11-5
Broncos - 9-7
Raiders - 7-9
Chiefs - 6-10

CHARGER$
04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Bolts 14-2
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 7-9
Chiefs 6-10

VancePants
04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
You know you are an awful troll when you don't even believe the junk you post.

How lame! Some people try to hard.

Oh poor baby, are your little feelings hurt because I don't have the Chokers #1? For your little school lesson today it's "too" not "to". I guess that 1st grade education didn't get you very far:D

BroncosDivision
04-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Chargers 11-5
Broncos 9-7
Raiders 9-7
Chiefs 5-11

AFC West glory and best division in NFL within 3 seasons.

Amari24
04-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Chargers-12-4
Broncos-9-7
Raiders-5-11
Chiefs-4-12

Chillez
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Chargers 12-4
Broncos 9-7
Raiders 7-9
Chiefs 5-11

:thumb:

Comrade
04-30-2010, 02:07 PM
San Diego: 12-4
KC: 8-8
Denver: 7-9
Oakland: 6-10

JakeNbake
04-30-2010, 02:12 PM
BRONCOS- 11-5
Chargers - 10-6
Cheifs 8-8
Raiders 6-10

Boltheads
04-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not ready to make a prediction yet, but I think the departure of Brandon Marshall will cost Denver at least 1 win...and maybe 2 wins. Thomas might turn out to be a better fit for the Broncos at WR, but he won't replace Marshall's production in his rookie year.

Ryan Clady's injury is much more serious than Bronco fans want to admit. In fact, there's only one player who didn't miss the entire year with their torn patella tendon. With that in mind, I think Clady's loss could be devastating - especially the way Orton holds onto the ball too long. I think this is going to ultimately lead to more turnovers and early lead deficits. Playing "catch up" will take the ball out of Moreno's hand and put it in Orton's hand - that's something that the Bronco's can ill afford with an inexperience OL and two rookie WRs.

Apoc13
04-30-2010, 03:15 PM
chargers 11-5
broncos 7-9
chiefs 7-9
raiders 6-10

mberking89
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm not ready to make a prediction yet, but I think the departure of Brandon Marshall will cost Denver at least 1 win...and maybe 2 wins. Thomas might turn out to be a better fit for the Broncos at WR, but he won't replace Marshall's production in his rookie year.

Ryan Clady's injury is much more serious than Bronco fans want to admit. In fact, there's only one player who didn't miss the entire year with their torn patella tendon. With that in mind, I think Clady's loss could be devastating - especially the why Orton holds onto the ball too long. I think this is going to ultimately lead to more turnovers and early lead deficits. Playing "catch up" will take the ball out of Moreno's hand and put it in Orton's hand - that's something that the Bronco's can ill afford with an inexperience OL and two rookie WRs.

This is a great post! I couldn't agree with you more, CPs to you.

With that said, I hope Ryan Clady can return in October. We cannot afford to have Ryan on the IR. He may be our best offensive player.

I think Denver's Defense will steal a few games for us.
My Predictions:
Denver 10-6
San Diego 9-7
Oakland 8-8
Kansas City 8-8

DishWater
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Denver 10-6
San Diego 10-6
Oakland 8-8
K City 6-10

denvercrush81
04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Chargers go 14 and 2. now i really hate the chargers. All i want to know is who did rivers have to get on his knees for to get the schedule they have this year. They would have better competition playing high school teams half the year. Its sickening. That being said Chargers in the super bowl .........losing to the saints. Listen to that screeching monkey get louder and louder.

Broncos. go 8 and 8. Our schedule is average, but for a team that has had almost every playmaker replaced in two years, we are gonna have some bad weeks. Not that we wont play good, just not well enough to win more than 8-8 tops.

raiders go 0-16 (I would love to see that) but seriously, who cares about the raiders, they could go 16-0 and nobody would care. :smash:

chiefs go 7-9, they are like us. good players, just need a few more years to get all the wheels moving in the same direction.

:logo:

Boltheads
05-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Denver 10-6
San Diego 10-6Oakland 8-8
K City 6-10So Denver finishes the season 2-8, loses it's best offensive weapon, it's best O-Lineman, it's DC....and you have them getting better. San Diego finishes the season 11-0 and improves it's only weaknesses (RB and NT) through the draft and you have them sliding 3 games? :confused:

Glad to see your predictions aren't laced with bias.