PDA

View Full Version : A question for the SD fans....

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I have noticed several times that the various posters from SD fandom have stated that it is a waste of time to go over to their boards. I was actually thinking of going over there and checking them out a bit just to see what was up, but figured I would get some viewpoint first.

Do you all say that because you think it would be a waste of time for Broncos fans? Or do you think the boards are bad?

I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

thank you.

Starbroncs
04-26-2010, 10:35 PM
ive never personally attended their boards much and never tried to register but from what I have heard their boards are really just that bad. They ban opposing fans due to undeserving responses and their explanations that they give out are borderline offensive. They also close registration after tough losses.

:salute: To the mods on our board.

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 10:40 PM
well that sounds like a place I don't want to visit for sure. I agree a big :salute!: to our moderators who really seem to do a pretty good job.

FootballGuy
04-26-2010, 10:49 PM
ive never personally attended their boards much and never tried to register but from what I have heard their boards are really just that bad. They ban opposing fans due to undeserving responses and their explanations that they give out are borderline offensive. They also close registration after tough losses.

:salute: To the mods on our board.

I agree that the Chargers board is fascist and boring. However, the mods here aren't too much better. They'll edit and censor threads to their liking without notifying the persons involved. This is even worse than just closing registration to outsiders, because it allows for the mods to change the meaning of a post while still attributing it's content to the poster.

It's significant to note that I assume this post will be edited/censored.

Starbroncs
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I agree that the Chargers board is fascist and boring. However, the mods here aren't too much better. They'll edit and censor threads to their liking without notifying the persons involved. This is even worse than just closing registration to outsiders, because it allows for the mods to change the meaning of a post while still attributing it's content to the poster.

It's significant to note that I assume this post will be edited/censored.

Just wondering but is this a second account? your post count is crazy low for someone who is pissed off at mods. :huh:

TheBroncoEra
04-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Their boards suck :cheeky: The frequently ban and stop people from signing up, I don't blame the Charger fans for signing up here, our Mods are actually fair and our boards are more fun :salute!:

FootballGuy
04-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Just wondering but is this a second account? your post count is crazy low for someone who is pissed off at mods. :huh:

A clever ploy to have me banned! Nope, first account.

Starbroncs
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
A clever ploy to have me banned! Nope, first account.

Wasnt aware you could be banned for making a 2nd. Also you must have done some pretty dumb things to have the mods come after you in under 50 posts. I have well over 2k and only a couple infractions all which I deserved.

FootballGuy
04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Wasnt aware you could be banned for making a 2nd. Also you must have done some pretty dumb things to have the mods come after you in under 50 posts. I have well over 2k and only a couple infractions all which I deserved.

Don't get touchy man, it's a website where people talk about things.

Starbroncs
04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Don't get touchy man, it's a website where people talk about things.

Uhh im not sure how you got the notion that I was upset from that post. :huh:

RaiderFanSD
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Their boards suck :cheeky: The frequently ban and stop people from signing up, I don't blame the Charger fans for signing up here, our Mods are actually fair and our boards are more fun :salute!:

The truth.

Bigoosh
04-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Wow, glad I asked before going over and signing up.

girlzarefanstoo
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
I participate over there (same name) but since I'm not an opposing fan, I haven't experienced what I know some of you guys have. I find a better depth of discussion here and at the Colt's board though when it comes to discussing the overall league or NFL. Though there are some guys over there that are worth listening to and there is some excellent analysis after the games if you weed through the other post.

JMHO

powderblues
04-26-2010, 11:48 PM
You can survive there... but it's not a fun environment at all...

Lots of trolls, fairweather fans, insecure mod's.

You stay there long enough, your IQ might just drop.

jcdavey
04-27-2010, 03:13 AM
mods at both boards are good, but some of the clowns (non mods) over on the chargers board still have a love for marty that is so gd annoying you just wish they'd get beaten severely lol

Bigoosh
04-27-2010, 03:39 AM
mods at both boards are good, but some of the clowns (non mods) over on the chargers board still have a love for marty that is so gd annoying you just wish they'd get beaten severely lol

That sounds like the people over here who are still pining over Mike. Admitted, we lost our beloved coach only a couple seasons ago where the Marty firing was a bit longer. I still have to wonder if Norv was the right guy though. Seems to me that he is letting the window close on you guys real fast...