PDA

View Full Version : Has Tebow become the face of Denver in all sports?

Broncoyearound
04-27-2010, 01:04 AM
Just wondering with the Tebow signing even if he hasn't done anything yet in the pros but his jersey is selling in bunches and everyone seems to be on board with him. Has he become the biggest sports star in all of Denver? Like if you had a choice would you see Carmello or Tebow? Just wondering what status you guys give him in Denver. I'm from Louisiana so I don't count but would love to hear what you guys think.

TheBroncoEra
04-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Yes, and he will be for some time IMO. We have some great sport icons around the state, but Tebow's popularity trumps everybody else in popularity and will for a while. On NFLN they showed this list of top rookie jersey sales

1. Tim Tebow

2. Ndamukong Suh

3. Sam Bradford

4. Eric Berry

5. Dez Bryant

That just shows the nationwide popularity the kid has, and he will very much have a positive popularity in Denver! :salute!:

Broncoyearound
04-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Yes, and he will be for some time IMO. We have some great sport icons around the state, but Tebow's popularity trumps everybody else in popularity and will for a while. On NFLN they showed this list of top rookie jersey sales

1. Tim Tebow

2. Ndamukong Suh

3. Sam Bradford

4. Eric Berry

5. Dez Bryant

That just shows the nationwide popularity the kid has, and he will very much have a positive popularity in Denver! :salute!:

I see well I'm not on the Tebow juice but this year was looking for a jersey to wear around my state from the Broncos I wear gear all the time but never jerseys. I was going to get a Thomas but he's not well known but I know to all the LSU fans out here they will know Tebow when I walk around with the jersey lol. I'll get a lot of flack for that one so I too will purchase a Tebow jersey figured it'd be a lot of fun.

broncsfan21
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
My personal favorite Denver sports icon is Adam Foote, but for the general population, i think its Melo, Billups, then Tebow. Yes, he has sold a lot of jerseys already, but he hasn't done anything for us yet, so until then he isn't at the top yet

NASH79
04-29-2010, 09:33 AM
At the moment, Tebow is the man and only time will tell if that stays. Everyone loves someone with a clean and positive image and you can't say that about Melo. I'd put Billups ahead of Melo and Billups could be stuck at #2 until the Nugs win a championship. If they do, it's very possible Billups is at a similar level as John Elway when it comes to Colorado sports legends.

Snapping Turtle
04-29-2010, 09:47 AM
This is ridiculous. He hasn't even taken a snap for us and he's the face of Denver sports?!

Geeezus.

Do names like Joe Sakic, Todd Helton, JOHN ELWAY, Patrick Roy ring a bell?

JakeNbake
04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
This is ridiculous. He hasn't even taken a snap for us and he's the face of Denver sports?!

Geeezus.

QFT.

He's not, not yet if ever. BLAHHHH

x Slick x
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM

Geeezus.

This is closer to my lines of thinking. I get that everyone is excited that he's here as I am. But, the face of Denver is a bit far fetched. Given time he may very well become that but as of now, I'm sure a lot of hype is just due to the fact that it's something new.

I hope that this pick pans out and he succeeds here in Denver. Believe me, I'd like nothing more than for him to be able to show all his critics that he's got what it takes. But let's give him a few years before we start the iconic status.

Love the sig BTW Snapping Turtle.

Snapping Turtle
04-29-2010, 10:14 AM
This is closer to my lines of thinking. I get that everyone is excited that he's here as I am. But, the face of Denver is a bit far fetched. Given time he may very well become that but as of now, I'm sure a lot of hype is just due to the fact that it's something new.

I hope that this pick pans out and he succeeds here in Denver. Believe me, I'd like nothing more than for him to be able to show all his critics that he's got what it takes. But let's give him a few years before we start the iconic status.

Love the sig BTW Snapping Turtle.

I couldn't agree more, I love the pick and I am a big fan of Tebow's. It would be cool in ten years to be able to say he is the face of Denver sports, but it is a bit to early to being saying so. :D

Thanks about the sig! :salute:

Broncoyearound
04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I kind of asked the question just cause I was curious. I am not from Denver live in Lake Charles. Kind of asked it in the present you know above Carmello and other sports figures is he the most popular right now. I'm not saying he is the face of Denver to be honest I'm not high on the Tebow bandwagon at all so just was asking.

BRADFORD'10
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Haha yeah i believe he has. Haha and he has only been here for 1 week!!! this guy is going to be special for the next 15-20 years!! can't wait!!

broncsfan21
04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Tebow has a long way to go before he can even be mentioned with some of the great athletes to play in Denver, especially since he has yet to take a snap for the Broncos.

In fact, I am willing to bet Melo and Nugs or Stastny and the Avs bring a championship to Denver before Tebow does it with the Broncos.