PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Report

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I found this on the internet, makes a good point as to why we should be pissed at McDaniels
http://www.footballfanspot.com/denverbroncos.htm

BiggyBoy660
05-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I found this on the internet, makes a good point as to why we should be pissed at McDaniels

Awesome first post! Not! :incomplete:

CTM
05-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Wow , this report is terrible.

No, I dont mean that McDaniels moves were terrible but this reporting is pathetic.

Just trying to jump on the bandwagon of hating McDaniels.

Rush LB as a position of need? Ayers and Dumervil, with Reid is a pretty good group.

Middle LB? We have Haggen moving inside, he is a very good run defender.

This guy doesnt know what he's talking about.

"but guard isnít a big need for them either."

And then he has guard listed as a position of need at the bottom.

What a terrible attempt at evaluating an offseason.

NorCalBronco7
05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
That sites not credible. And dont you know its to early to judge this draft. You made an account just to put this amatuer article up? Not convincing.

If you hate McDaniels thats understandable, but actually come up with a good reason and not this crappy article.

BeardedWonder
05-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Beadles is a pretty big reach here and I can’t say he fills a huge need. Beadles can play some guard, but guard isn’t a big need for them either.

Flop :incomplete:

Nose Tackle:

They played Ronald Fields, a 311 pound former backup 3-4 defensive end as their primary nose tackle this year. The only reason they were better this season against the run is because, well, it was hard to be worse than they were in 2008 and/or Mike Nolan is a defensive genius. However, better doesn’t necessarily mean good. They were still really bad against the run, especially late in the season. A real nose tackle could fix that.

ummmmm he's forgetting someone:incomplete:

stopped reading after this.. dumb people make me :sad:

:incomplete::incomplete:

yaz96
My guess is the OP wrote it, just trying to get hits to his lame page.

d-bronx42
That has to be one of the worst articles i have EVER read when it comes to Broncos football... And just an FYI, 90% of us were extremely happy with this draft. So you argument for why we should be pissed at McDaniels is pretty irrelevant on these boards. :paper:

I stopped reading after this.

#25 QB Tim Tebow (Florida)

This is an interesting pick. I love Tebow and I think he can be a solid quarterback in the NFL. I think Tebow has to be very pleased with going to the Broncos. He wonít have to contribute right away. Josh McDaniels, as moronic of a drafter as he is, is good with quarterbacks. Tebow also fits the shotgun style offense the Broncos run. However, I canít give them a great grade considering they traded up, losing a ton of value according to the NFL Draft Trade Value Chart in the process, to take Tebow over Jimmy Clausen. Plus, I canít say quarterback was a huge need for the Broncos considering they already have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the roster and their run defense is still horrible.

It was also a joke he gave us an F for the selection of Zane Beadles... He is considered to be one of the best Guard prospects in this entire draft, and is a very solid locker room leader.

Giving us a C on Perrish Cox and a B+ on Syd'quan Thompson just shows how big of a joke this guy is.

-Rod-
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Well Steven, I guess you will have to quit your dream of becoming a sports writer. :ugh:

Article: F-

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 01:24 PM
This may just be the worst article I have ever seen in my life. It's absolutely awful. Whoever wrote it should just give up. He says McDaniels is a moron while he is the real moron. Sorry but that was a terrible 1st post.

The_Roses_Thorn
05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh hey, look at that. There's a twitter feed on that page, from a guy named "stevenlourie". I wonder who could've written this "report" that you "found."

broncos fans r the worst. those people eat u alive if u bash their management. i hope they win 4 games next year

Or maybe we're "eating u[sic] alive" because your "report" is inaccurate, not well thought out, and generally garbage. Do some basic research next time. Don't be surprised that an article bashing the Broncos for illegitimate reasons isn't well received here.

CTM
05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Dumervil is a free agent next year and ayers doesn't fit the scheme and didn't play well last year. they may move him to end.

Haggen is alright, I would want an upgrade if I was the Broncos, but I get it, solid against the run, iffy in pass coverage

Key words "a big need" guard is listed way at the bottom of my needs list. i didn't say not a need at all.

By all accounts we are going to try to extend Dumervil. And even so, we have him for this year, so why would we draft an OLB early?

Ayers actually played pretty well for a rookie. He did what the coaches asked him to as he adjusts to OLB. He's expected to start this year and is athletic enough to play the position. Why does everyone assume he doesnt fit the scheme?

And guard IS a big need for us. If you actually took the time to study our situation instead of listening to analysts who dont like us, you would know that interior line was our biggest weakness heading into the draft. Hence, the reason we took three interior lineman.

And our defensive front seven was helped out tremendously by our FA signings.

RealBronco
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM

you found it on the internet or in your Word documents?

yikes. if you didn't write it, then maybe you should visit more credible sites...

or maybe you have the "i found it on the internet, it must be correct" mentality.

if you DID write it... i am sorry. i don't think any of the proven analysts or what have you even gave us that crappy of a grade and a lot of them are confused on why we drafted the way we did.

this thread and this article are:

http://www.yellow-llama.com/wp-content/uploads/fail5.jpg

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh hey, look at that. There's a twitter feed on that page, form a guy named "stevenlourie". I wonder who could've written this "report" that you "found."

Or maybe we're "eating u[sic] alive" because your "report" is inaccurate, not well thought out, and generally garbage. Do some basic research next time. Don't be surprised that an article bashing the Broncos for illegitimate reasons isn't well received here.

Haha, I knew that twitter post, would come back to haunt me. I'll tell you what. If you win more than 6 games next yr, I'll give an apology.

DancingHorsey
05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
You lost me with the assessment of Demaryius Thomas. That was just...idiotic is the only word I can think of.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
you found it on the internet or in your Word documents?

yikes. if you didn't write it, then maybe you should visit more credible sites...

or maybe you have the "i found it on the internet, it must be correct" mentality.

if you DID write it... i am sorry. i don't think any of the proven analysts or what have you even gave us that crappy of a grade and a lot of them are confused on why we drafted the way we did.

this thread and this article are:

http://www.yellow-llama.com/wp-content/uploads/fail5.jpg

Proven analysts, even if they were confused, which you said they are, don't give bad grades because they don't want to piss people off.

broooks77
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
LULZ. That was the single worst article I've ever read. You obviously don't like the Broncos for some reason because you didn't even do research on the team before writing it.

Did your mommy have to proof read this to check for spelling errors?

Southstander
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM

I could find some blogger that will say ever pick was great. All this is doing is fanning the flames not adding any intelligent points to the conversation.

chazoe60
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Here's proof that the author is a dolt when it comes to football:

Walton is the top center in this draft class in my mind and a decent value in the 3rd round and he does fill a need, but the Broncos still have not addressed the front 7, which was horrible last year. Walton doesn’t have the positional value you’d like out of this pick considering how much help the Broncos need on the defensive line.

Okay lets break down this paragraph of futility.

First he states that Walton is the top center in the draft. Then he states that he fills a need. Then he states that Walton doesn't have the "positional value" which I'm guessing is some psuedo-intelectual crap he heard that hack Kiper spout off about.

So the best center in the draft being drafted by a team without a center in the third round is graded out as a C.:laugh: Utter stupidity.

Broncosfreak_56
05-02-2010, 01:45 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/kermit_fiddy.gif

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Haha, I knew that twitter post, would come back to haunt me. I'll tell you what. If you win more than 6 games next yr, I'll give an apology.

Ok then you better be ready to give us an apology. Who are you even a fan of?

Den615
05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
@SportsLunatic broncos fans r the worst, those people eat u alive if u bash their management, i hope they win 4 games next year

if there's one thing i've learned this yr, if u bash someone's team, ur a terrible writer, if u say good things, ur a great writer

Nice twitter d-bag :laugh:

We're not saying you're a terrible writer because you bash the Broncos, we're saying you are a terrible writer because you are a terrible writer. It's that simple.

If you actually did some research and graded the picks off of something real instead of basing them based on you uneducated opinion, then we would at least respect your writing.

Peanut
05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Moved to Smack.

Please watch the name-calling/personal attacks.

Thanks.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Ok then you better be ready to give us an apology. Who are you even a fan of?

I try to stay unbiased (but I'm a Pats fan)
I'll try true to my word though. 6 words (doubt anyone will remember, but w/e)

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice twitter d-bag :laugh:

We're not saying you're a terrible writer because you bash the Broncos, we're saying you are a terrible writer because you are a terrible writer. It's that simple.

If you actually did some research and graded the picks off of something real instead of basing them based on you uneducated opinion, then we would at least respect your writing.

Actually that's true. I've shown my offseason reports to fans of all teams. If I give them a good grade I get, very thorough work, good job. If I give them a bad great I get, well, I get what I've gotten here. I don't let it effect me because obviously no need is going to like to have their team bashed.

CTM
05-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I try to stay unbiased (but I'm a Pats fan)
I'll try true to my word though. 6 words (doubt anyone will remember, but w/e)

NE huh?

Wow you guys had a terrible draft.

You drafted a corner in the first round when you resigned Leigh Bodden,

You drafted a WR in round 3 when you already have Moss and Welker, the best 1 2 punch in the league.

What a terrible draft.

Do you see what I did?

I commented without researching the situation. Just giving you a perspective on how it looks from the fans point of view.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Actually that's true. I've shown my offseason reports to fans of all teams. If I give them a good grade I get, very thorough work, good job. If I give them a bad great I get, well, I get what I've gotten here. I don't let it effect me because obviously no need is going to like to have their team bashed.

and Browns fans, whose team's draft I bashed, haven't said anything. at least u guys still have some fire left.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 01:57 PM
NE huh?

Wow you guys had a terrible draft.

You drafted a corner in the first round when you resigned Leigh Bodden,

You drafted a WR in round 3 when you already have Moss and Welker, the best 1 2 punch in the league.

What a terrible draft.

Do you see what I did?

I commented without researching the situation. Just giving you a perspective on how it looks from the fans point of view.

How do you know I didn't do research. I watched their games. I saw them not be able to complete any long passes without Marshall. I saw the Raiders and Chiefs run all over them. They've added some nice vets to the D-line, but they still needed some youth and some more help there. and Thomas was not the right replacement for Marshall. Bryant is more unproven and his "character" issues are based on the environment he grew up in and not anything he actually did.

chazoe60
05-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Beadles can play some guard, but guard isnít a big need for them either.
Really, guard isn't a need for us?f Then how do you explain this little nugget later in your Godawful article?

he top 4 guys on their depth chart at guard are all free agents. Hopefully they resign one and get another through free agency, but they may be forced to take one late in the draft. Well, let's hear it.

I would have liked to have seen them take a front 7 player here, but after they traded Brandon Marshall, wide receiver became their biggest need and taking Thomas in the first doesnít fill that need.
Thomas doesn't fill our WR need? I have yet to read any actual expert who thought Thomas wasn't a first round prospect.

Huh? Josh McDaniels really hates positional value doesnít he. Olsen is a solid value, but this is the 2nd center this have taken in this draft. I know it was a need, but two? Considering how low of a value the center position is and how much they need young talent in the front 7, this was pretty stupid.
Olsen will probably play guard for us, which BTW was a huge need of ours going into the draft, anyone who did even a scintilla of research would know that.

What a waste of bandwidth that piece of trash article was. Too bad it was an internet article, at least if it was in a newspaper it could be used to line a hamster cage.

-Rod-
05-02-2010, 02:02 PM
How do you know I didn't do research.

Because you compare Demaryius Thomas to Danario Alexander :laugh:

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Really, guard isn't a need for us?f Then how do you explain this little nugget later in your Godawful article?
Quote:
he top 4 guys on their depth chart at guard are all free agents. Hopefully they resign one and get another through free agency, but they may be forced to take one late in the draft.

But they resigned all those guys (except Hamilton)

I would have liked to have seen them take a front 7 player here, but after they traded Brandon Marshall, wide receiver became their biggest need and taking Thomas in the first doesnít fill that need.
Thomas doesn't fill our WR need? I have yet to read any actual expert who thought Thomas wasn't a first round prospect.

I am not a Thomas fan. He's a great athlete but ran a screen heavy offense and didn't run routes. There were some places out there with 2nd/3rd round grades on him

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm sure people respond better when you sing their praises, but that is not the case with me anyway.

I liked our draft, it wasn't spectacular...it wasn't terrible. I would have liked it more if we had added a young DE or NT, but we have a solid (if aging) front 3 that will get us by for a year or two.

I just find your write up very uneducated. Like comparing Danario Alexander to Demaryius Thomas? Makes no sense whatsoever. Thomas is by far a superior talent, and has fewer health concerns.

Or saying Guard isnt a need? Before the draft we had one starting caliber guard, an injured back up, and a 2nd year player with some potential. Guard and Center were arguable our biggest needs. Why the "C" for Walton, it was tremendous value at a position of need.

I could go on a tear apart every evaluation you made, but you get the point. We solidified our offensive line for the next 5-10 years, got a potential franchise QB, and got our future # 1 and 2 WR. At worst I think you can give this draft a C+.

Also our front 7 is in better shape than you think it is. Again you would know this if you had done some basic research. Williams and Fields will be a good rotation at NT, Bannan is solid at LDE, and if Green is used correctly he will be an effective RDE. Plus we have Chris Baker (who the staff is very high on) who can play any position on the line. Ryan McBean also played well last year.

ILB is not a need at all. Mario Haggan is a solid run defender who will slide from LOLB to ILB allowing Robert Ayers to start on the outside (eliminating the need to draft another pass rushing line backer).

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:07 PM

They ran similar schemes and Alexander was more productive. Thomas has more upside but there wasn't much difference between them.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I just find your write up very uneducated. Like comparing Danario Alexander to Demaryius Thomas? Makes no sense whatsoever. Thomas is by far a superior talent, and has fewer health concerns.

What about Thomas' broken foot? Thomas is more physical and athletic but he hasn't played in anything like an NFL scheme.

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I am not a Thomas fan. He's a great athlete but ran a screen heavy offense and didn't run routes.

What a coincidence, we run a screen heavy offense:td:

There were some places out there with 2nd/3rd round grades on him
Really, did it happen to be this P.O.S. website? (http://www.footballfanspot.com/)

d-bronx42
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
They ran similar schemes and Alexander was more productive. Thomas has more upside but there wasn't much difference between them.

Sig worthy material right here... Absolutely hilarious... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
What about Thomas' broken foot? Thomas is more physical and athletic but he hasn't played in anything like an NFL scheme.

Thomas' broken foot is nothing compared to Alexander's knee not being able to bend past 90 degrees...

Missouri WR Danario Alexander, who went undrafted over the weekend, is still unable to pass a physical.
Alexander (knee surgeries) is hoping to be able to do so before the start of training camp, and hasn't signed a free agent contract yet. Alexander has undergone four surgeries on his left knee since the winter of 2008. Apr. 25 - 10:51 pm et

That comparison makes absolutely no sense...

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
What a coincidence, we run a screen heavy offense:td:

[/URL]

Good luck with that. Teams can bottle that up quickly in the NFL. Remember the Chiefs' game without Brandon Marshall (an actual receiver/route runner)

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Here's proof that the author is a dolt when it comes to football:

Okay lets break down this paragraph of futility.

First he states that Walton is the top center in the draft. Then he states that he fills a need. Then he states that Walton doesn't have the "positional value" which I'm guessing is some psuedo-intelectual crap he heard that hack Kiper spout off about.

So the best center in the draft being drafted by a team without a center in the third round is graded out as a C.:laugh: Utter stupidity.

Haha exactly.

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Good luck with that. Teams can bottle that up quickly in the NFL. Remember the Chiefs' game without Brandon Marshall (an actual receiver/route runner)

I do remember that...I remember Jabar Gaffney catching 14 passes for 200+ yards...

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I do remember that...I remember Jabar Gaffney catching 14 passes for 200+ yards...

I think I remember Jabar Gaffney getting double coverage after the 1st half and still was able to get 14 catches with 200+ yards.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I think I remember Jabar Gaffney getting double coverage after the 1st half and still was able to get 14 catches with 200+ yards.

And they lost...to the chiefs...by like 20

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 02:20 PM

hahahahaha that's great

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Because Orton threw two pick 6's to a linebacker. Not because our offense can't function without Brandon Marshall (which you suggested previously). Jamall Charles tore us apart, but we addressed our front 3 in the offseason.

So yeah, what was your point again?

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Neither has Alexander. Just because they pass the ball a ton doesn't mean its anything like an NFL scheme. Thomas is so much better it's not even funny. He's better at basically everything.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:26 PM

Good one man!! Too bad that point had little to absoultely no relevence to your original post. Marshall had 21 catches against the Colts and they still lost to them. Oh wait..... :laugh: That was one of Orton's worst games of the season he threw not 1 but 2 picks for TDs thats why they lost. Just an FYI...

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Good one man!! Too bad that point had little to absoultely no relevence to your original post. Marshall had 21 catches against the Colts and they still lost to them. Oh wait..... :laugh: That was one of Orton's worst games of the season just an FYI.

Everyone lost to the colts, pretty much, the Chiefs r a different story

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Neither has Alexander. Just because they pass the ball a ton doesn't mean its anything like an NFL scheme. Thomas is so much better it's not even funny. He's better at basically everything.

Did u watch either in college?

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Because Orton threw two pick 6's to a linebacker. Not because our offense can't function without Brandon Marshall (which you suggested previously). Jamall Charles tore us apart, but we addressed our front 3 in the offseason.

The bronco offense didn't really function much at all last season. Did you guys lead the league in 3 and outs?

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Do you think he could have thrown 2 pick sixes because all they were doing was short throws and the chiefs figured that out and jumped on them?

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:32 PM

AGAIN, that has NO relevance at all to what you were originally implying.

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Did u watch either in college?

Yes, I'm a diehard sports fan, especially football. I watch hours upon hours of college and NFL football and can tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. I basically know everything about football and the draft. When a player is picked that I don't know, I look him up because I'm shocked that I don't already know him. I know all the players and their strengths, weaknesses, intangibles, injury history, and measurables. I know the strengths and weaknesses of every NFL team and can rattle off a ridiculous amount of names, their caliber, and their style of play. I also know about all the schemes of all the college and NFL teams.

-Rod-
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Demaryius Thomas is bigger (not taller) and faster. Also an excellent blocker. Considered by almost all draftniks one of the top WRs in the draft. Smart guy, impressive Wonderlic score. He broke his foot while training for the Combine.

Danario Alexander already had 3 major knee surgeries and he can't pass a physical. There are huge concerns about his long term durability. There is a reason why he was not drafted.

Michael Lombardi reported that Baltimore was going to take Thomas with the 25th overall pick.

Physically they are completely different players, Alexander is 2 inches taller and 10 pounds lighter. Thomas might be similar to Brandon Marshall while Alexander is leaner than Malcom Floyd. The combination of height, weight and speed gives Thomas a huge advantage.

And WR production carries a lot of different factors such as how the player is used on the offense and who is playing quarterback.

Demaryius Thomas was projected as a 1st round pick, I did not see one draft analyst saying the same thing about Alexander.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:34 PM
The bronco offense didn't really function much at all last season. Did you guys lead the league in 3 and outs?

Tell that to our 6-0 start.

Den615
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM

So we beat the Chiefs, the Chiefs beat us...so you can assume the Broncos=Chiefs.

But since we beat your beloved Pats then it must mean that both teams are better than New England right?

The term "any given Sunday" comes to mind. I don't think you can find too many people who think the Chiefs are better than us, but that doesn't change the fact we lost that game.

Do you think he could have thrown 2 pick sixes because all they were doing was short throws and the chiefs figured that out and jumped on them?

No I dont think that, if you actually watched the game you would know that Orton was targeting an open player on both occasions. It was simply two ****ty throws.

theshiverman
05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
McDaniels is awsome dude, i think he is a great coach, better then your coach Norv Turner.

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 02:44 PM
1. Devin McCourty
They've taken corners in the 2nd round in each of the past 2 years, just re-signed Bodden to a big deal, and still take a corner in the 1st? They either know their previous picks are awful or this pick is awful.
Grade D

2. Rob Gronkowski
Gronkowski has a huge injury history and will never have a healthy NFL season.
Grade C

2. Jermaine Cunningham
He was a projected 4th or 5th round pick.
Grade F

2. Brandon Spikes
An extremely slow linebacker who gouged a guy's eye at not even a position of need in the 2nd round?
Grade D

3. Taylor Price
A small school receiver with a lack of production.
Grade C

4. Aaron Hernandez
The Patriots use their tight ends mainly as blockers and he is the exact opposite. He is small and failed a drug test.
Grade D

5. Zoltan Mekso
You never draft a punter. Period.
Grade F

6. Ted Larsen
A crappy center when you have Koppen.
Grade F

7. Thomas Welch
A player from Vanderbilt? They have Light, Kaczur, and Vollmer.
Grade F

7. Brandon Deaderick
He got shot.
Grade F

7. Kade Weston
An under-acheiving fat piece of crap.
Grade F

7. Zac Robinson
Great Pick. Hall of Fame Talent.
Grade D

Overall F

Great draft.

NorCalBronco7
05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I dont understand Steven, why not take ownership of the article in the first place? Was it because your not confident in your writing or was it because you have no idea what your talking about?

Find another hobby Steven because you really blow at this one.

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I dont understand Steven, why not take ownership of the article in the first place? Was it because your not confident in your writing or was it because you have no idea what your talking about?

Find another hobby Steven because you really blow at this one.

If I had said it was mine, people would have been like, I don't like this guy, he's trying to promote myself. If I was embarassed by it, I wouldn't have stood up for it.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
If I had said it was mine, people would have been like, I don't like this guy, he's trying to promote myself. If I was embarassed by it, I wouldn't have stood up for it.

Umm you just did the worst thing imaginable. You take a bad and biased article and make a thread on it. You know what you get out of that?

........A FAILURE OF A THREAD :laugh:

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
McDaniels is awsome dude, i think he is a great coach, better then your coach Norv Turner.

Oh, he's an excellent coach. He helped Tom Brady a ton. I just don't like he can handle every responsibility he has with the team. He only drafts guys that fits his very limited scheme and that won't cause him any stress in terms of character.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Oh, he's an excellent coach. He helped Tom Brady a ton. I just don't like he can handle every responsibility he has with the team. He only drafts guys that fits his very limited scheme and that won't cause him any stress in terms of character.

ROFL!!! Are you kidding me? Your coach likes bringing in players that will CAUSE stress in terms of character. Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez for example.

getlynched47
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Well, since we're on the subject of grading, it's my turn:

This article receives a stone-cold

http://www.esquire.com/media/cm/esquire/images/failing-grades-1998-76351991.jpg

stevenlourie
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Good talking with you, but I have other stuff to do. Thanks for all the traffic. I'll see you after the season. We'll let the players speak (or not speak) for themselves.

NorCalBronco7
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM

But you are promoting youself and theres nothing wrong with that. Maby if you had a back bone and some balls you wouldnt care what we think. BTW Im not going to follow you on twitter. Dont cry about it though because your mothers still will, unless you showed her this article. :D

Iron Clady
05-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Good talking with you, but I have other stuff to do. Thanks for all the traffic. I'll see you after the season. We'll let the players speak (or not speak) for themselves.

Does anybody else think this guy doesn't have a clue?

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd say that's a very accurate report.

Beadles in the top 3 rounds is ground for a F.

Throw in trading up in the 1st for Tewbow and taking a option offense WR in Thomas.

Also Decker is Dookie fans new Hillis. He will be irrelevant in the NFL, they will pony up on his tiny bandwagon, he will produce squat, they will worship his effort and then he'll leave and they will call him a bum. Like Hillis!

Seriously I saw Dookie fans praising Hillis like he was their new franchise QB. Like he was Elway or something. Now they call him a bum. I'm seeing the same for Decker.

Walton and Parrish were good picks. The rest was poop on a stick much like Mcdanials first draft. Failure, Denver fans get comfortable with it, because it's visiting for along long long long long long time.

I believe in Tebow. But Den will ruin the poor guy's potential HOF GOAT career with their failure. Hopefully they trade him to a team dedicated to progression and not tabloid exposure, even the smallest bit. Due to tabloid not really being to interested with the Broncos anyways.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd say that's a very accurate report.

Beadles in the top 3 rounds is ground for a F.

Throw in trading up in the 1st for Tewbow and taking a option offense WR in Thomas.

Also Decker is Dookie fans new Hillis. He will be irrelevant in the NFL, they will pony up on his tiny bandwagon, he will produce squat, they will worship his effort and then he'll leave and they will call him a bum. Like Hillis!

Seriously I saw Dookie fans praising Hillis like he was their new franchise QB. Like he was Elway or something. Now they call him a bum. I'm seeing the same for Decker.

Walton and Parrish were good picks. The rest was poop on a stick much like Mcdanials first draft. Failure, Denver fans get comfortable with it, because it's visiting for along long long long long long time.

I believe in Tebow. But Den will ruin the poor guy's potential HOF GOAT career with their failure. Hopefully they trade him to a team dedicated to progression and not tabloid exposure, even the smallest bit. Due to tabloid not really being to interested with the Broncos anyways.

Trading up to get Ryan Mathews in the top 15 is an F. Drafting any injury prone RB that high is an automatic F. And your saying our draft is bad? :laugh: Decker will be better than any WR your team currentley has on their roster. And last I check our offense is mostly spread based..So drafting Thomas makes sense doesn't it?? :duh:
I don't know whos comments are funnier yours or baph. :laugh:

RaiderFanSD
05-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Decker will be better than any WR your team currentley has on their roster.

Jokes.

Vincent Jackson.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Jokes.

Vincent Jackson.

Sure if he isn't busy driving on a suspended license and spending days in jail. :D
Decker will have plenty of time to prove himself great while Jackson is in jail.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Trading up to get Ryan Mathews in the top 15 is an F. Drafting any injury prone RB that high is an automatic F. And your saying our draft is bad? :laugh: Decker will be better than any WR your team currentley has on their roster. And last I check our offense is mostly spread based..So drafting Thomas makes sense doesn't it?? :duh:

Matthews is injury prone? I think you're mixing him up with Jahvid Best.

Also I don't understand where you get the idea that the spread and triple-option are similar.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Matthews is injury prone? I think you're mixing him up with Jahvid Best.

I think you should look up how many times Mathews has been hurt in his career...
And where did I imply that they were the same? I think McD got Tebow and Thomas for a reason...

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Wikipedia says he missed one game his junior season with a concussion and 5 his sophomore season with a knee injury.

I'm not seeing it.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Wikipedia says he missed one game his junior season with a concussion and 5 his sophomore season with a knee injury.

I'm not seeing it.

Ok first of all im not going to waste my time talking with anyone who use wikipedia as a reliable source :laugh: Anyone in rights mind knows that site is un-updated,full of lies, and completley biased and can easily be edited by anyone. And it its not the amount of times he was hurt. Its how consistentley he got hurt and how long he was out. You don't think missing 5 games your soph year is injury prone? He missed nearly 2 his last season so I see that becoming much owrse in the NFL with way harder hitters...

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Wikipedia is very reliable. Everything is referenced at the bottom of the page. Besides, this is common knowledge.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Wikipedia is very reliable. Everything is referenced at the bottom of the page. Besides, this is common knowledge.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That sums it all up...

Yes and those references don't link to everything. So again its not reliable in anyway. Considering anyone like myself can edit it. I could put Mathews runs a 3.9 on there right now if I wanted to. Its full of flaws and holes that you cant trust 75% of the time.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Everything is referenced at the bottom of the page. You're just trying to divert the argument.

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 07:27 PM

LMAO!!! First off Mathews will be better than any player you have on offense, I promise you.

2nd off, we have 3 WR's right now better than any WR on your team. And 5 better than Decker ever will be.

What does a spread offense have to do with a option offense wise guy?

:duh:

Your draft was putrid, 90% of the country agree. Some say Tebow was the biggest reach in the history of the first round.

We took a RB who many think is the best in the draft. You took a QB many had as the 5th best and a WR many had as the 4th or 5th best. When you could of got the 2nd and 1st QB and WR. LMAO!

broooks77
05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
LMAO!!! First off Mathews will be better than any player you have on offense, I promise you.

2nd off, we have 3 WR's right now better than any WR on your team. And 5 better than Decker ever will be.

Your draft was putrid, 90% of the country agree. Some say Tebow was the biggest reach in the history of the first round.

We took a RB who many think is the best in the draft. You took a QB many had as the 5th best and a WR many had as the 4th or 5th best. When you could of got the 2nd and 1st QB and WR. LMAO!

77.28% of figures are made up ;)

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM

Dude you are hilarious! Decker and Thomas will be better than any WR on your team! And when did I say option and Spread offense had any connection :duh: all I said was McD drafted them for a reason because he thinks he can utilize their talent in that. And guess what? Some say Mathews was the biggest reach in history of the first round aswell so you proved nothing...And are you sure it was 90%? If thats the case the 10% consist of winning and super Bowl coaches like Childress and Dungy both said Tebow will be a great QB. 90% consist of idiots like you and I dont care about their opinions.No way Mathews was the best RB in the draft. He was probably the best between tackle but overall as a RB no way. Hes the best RB in the draft at getting injured thats for sure. Um last I checked Thomas was ranked #1 and #2 by most betwen him and Dez...And Deckers stock fell because that injury in his foot but before that he was ranked really high. And can you really talk!?!? Your team reached at #12 for the most overrated back in the draft when he would of been there at #28. I would be embrassed if my team moved up 16 spots for an injury prone RB. Your post are funny as heck man!

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Who says that Matthews was the biggest reach in the history of the first round?

Grabber
05-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Who says that Matthews was the biggest reach in the history of the first round?

I certainly LOL'd when it happened. :laugh:

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Didn't Denver draft Moreno at 12 last season? Someone with worse big 3 numbers.

Grabber
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Didn't Denver draft Moreno at 12 last season? Someone with worse big 3 numbers.

Moreno was the consensus best RB in lasy year's draft. The Broncos didn't trade WAY up to get him. They stood pat.

Chargers moved WAY up to reach for Mathews, who was NOT the best back in the draft.

Completely different situations.

Also, Moreno played and produced in the SEC. Mathews did not.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Although I hate using anecdotes, the "SEC" argument is getting very tiresome. The conference you play in doesn't effect your talent level. LT and Chris Johnson are proof of this.

Grabber
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Although I hate using anecdotes, the "SEC" argument is getting very tiresome. The conference you play in doesn't effect your talent level. LT and Chris Johnson are proof of this.

I never said a conference determined talent level.

You mentioned Mathews had better numbers. The competetion level you face can certainly affect that.

If we are talking talent level, Mathews was even more of a reach.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Big 3 = height, weight, 40 time

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Dude you are hilarious! Decker and Thomas will be better than any WR on your team! And when did I say option and Spread offense had any connection :duh: all I said was McD drafted them for a reason because he thinks he can utilize their talent in that. And guess what? Some say Mathews was the biggest reach in history of the first round aswell so you proved nothing...And are you sure it was 90%? If thats the case the 10% consist of winning and super Bowl coaches like Childress and Dungy both said Tebow will be a great QB. 90% consist of idiots like you and I dont care about their opinions.No way Mathews was the best RB in the draft. He was probably the best between tackle but overall as a RB no way. Hes the best RB in the draft at getting injured thats for sure. Um last I checked Thomas was ranked #1 and #2 by most betwen him and Dez...And Deckers stock fell because that injury in his foot but before that he was ranked really high. And can you really talk!?!? Your team reached at #12 for the most overrated back in the draft when he would of been there at #28. I would be embrassed if my team moved up 16 spots for an injury prone RB. Your post are funny as heck man!

Yeah like he thought he could utilize Moreno, or Alphonso Smith or Ayers?? LMAO!

Mcdaniels is a joke and just another Belichick castaway failure like the others. Worse then the other though.

Thomas was far from top 2. He was a huge reach and would of been there well into the 2nd and Tebow would of been there in the 3rd or 4th.

Houston at 20 was going to take Mathews. Many have Mathews as the best RB in the draft. Corey Chaveous who knows more than you will ever learn on the internet had him top 5 player in the draft.

Dungy only like Tebow because they are both religious. You made a historic reach on Tebow and traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. WOW EPIC FAIL! That's scary.

You moved up to draft a FB as a QB. :incomplete:

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
P.S. Your WR's are the worst in the NFL. You have NO #1, none whatsoever.

Decker and Thomas are a joke. Decker is injury prone!

Amari24
05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah like he thought he could utilize Moreno, or Alphonso Smith or Ayers?? LMAO!

Mcdaniels is a joke and just another Belichick castaway failure like the others. Worse then the other though.

Thomas was far from top 2. He was a huge reach and would of been there well into the 2nd and Tebow would of been there in the 3rd or 4th.

Houston at 20 was going to take Mathews. Many have Mathews as the best RB in the draft. Corey Chaveous who knows more than you will ever learn on the internet had him top 5 player in the draft.

Dungy only like Tebow because they are both religious. You made a historic reach on Tebow and traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. WOW EPIC FAIL! That's scary.

You moved up to draft a FB as a QB. :incomplete:

Actually he never even attempted to utilize Ayers and Smith. And do your research smarty.. Childress already said he would of drafted Tebow at #30 if he was there. And your religion point makes you look even more ignorant.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 10:31 PM
P.S. Your WR's are the worst in the NFL. You have NO #1, none whatsoever.

Decker and Thomas are a joke. Decker is injury prone!

Which is fine considering Decker wont be our #1 WR. Mathews is injury prone and hes going to be your #1 RB. I would be nervous if I was you.

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Actually he never even attempted to utilize Ayers and Smith. And do your research smarty.. Childress already said he would of drafted Tebow at #30 if he was there. And your religion point makes you look even more ignorant.

Childress is a moron, it's known. Minn would of drafted him as a 3 year project. They didn't trade and climb up for him for a reason.

That is at 30. Houston was going to take RM at 20.

SLVR and Black
05-03-2010, 07:58 AM
It doesn't affect your talent level but, if you can't manage to put out a single full, healthy season while playing powerhouses like San Jose State?....

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
It doesn't affect your talent level but, if you can't manage to put out a single full, healthy season while playing powerhouses like San Jose State?....

It means absolutely nothing... He wasn't injured rookie year and had a concussion his junior year. It happens, big deal.

Amari24
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
It means absolutely nothing... He wasn't injured rookie year and had a concussion his junior year. It happens, big deal.

When it happens consistently its a BIG deal and especially when its only at the college level. Imagine what will happen in the NFL....

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
When it happens consistently its a BIG deal and especially when its only at the college level. Imagine what will happen in the NFL....

1 game and another season for a 5 game stretch, 2 injuries in 3 years is hardly consistent. How many hundred's of players have had multiple injuries in college to never get hurt in the pros. I get it, it's called wishful thinking.

Lyghts Out
05-03-2010, 06:18 PM

It goes both ways too.....while the Defense will be stronger and faster in the NFL, the conditioning and coaching will also be better.

Amari24
05-03-2010, 06:46 PM
1 game and another season for a 5 game stretch, 2 injuries in 3 years is hardly consistent. How many hundred's of players have had multiple injuries in college to never get hurt in the pros. I get it, it's called wishful thinking.

And how many hundreds of players have no injuries at all in college only to get them more often than not in the NFL? Your right it is wishful thinking...:D