PDA

View Full Version : A Broncos Fan's Dream.......

Pages : [1] 2

Boltheads
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
There are two things that I see Denver fans begging and praying for.....

1) That Tebow can save their franchise from it's misery. It's all about playing catch up to San Diego and Philip Rivers....something that Cutler (he was owned by Rivers) and Orton couldn't get done.

2) That Ryan Mathews fails. I can't believe how many Bronco fans are saying he won't produce because he will get injured. Instead of talking about how the Broncos might stop RM....the Bronco fans on here are only hoping he gets injured and that they don't have to face him.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 05:19 PM

1) That Tebow can save their franchise from it's misery. It's all about playing catch up to San Diego and Philip Rivers....something that Cutler (he was owned by Rivers) and Orton couldn't get done.

2) That Ryan Mathews fails. I can't believe how many Bronco fans are saying he won't produce because he will get injured. Instead of talking about how the Broncos might stop RM....the Bronco fans on here are only hoping he gets injured and that they don't have to face him.

:laugh: Playing catch up to a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl? I dont we need to plan on stopping Mathews..He wont be on the field long enough to be a factor. If anything your teams crappy run defense should start planning on how to not give up 8.0 YPC to Knowshon. Who in the heck wants to play catch up with a talk talk QB that cant prove anything cause he cant win anything and wont win anything? Orton had a great year and held his own.

Jer_ber73
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM

The last I remember is BOTH Cutler and Orton beat SD in SD. Maybe Im mistaken but thats how I remember it.

baphamet
05-02-2010, 05:30 PM
this is a bronco fans ultimate dream....

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5601/8yuexgmb5nx3.jpg :smug:

Amari24
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM

The Charger fans ultimate dream is their team winning the thing that is your profile picture. a RING :laugh:

baphamet
05-02-2010, 05:38 PM
:laugh: Playing catch up to a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl? I dont we need to plan on stopping Mathews..He wont be on the field long enough to be a factor. If anything your teams crappy run defense should start planning on how to not give up 8.0 YPC to Knowshon. Who in the heck wants to play catch up with a talk talk QB that cant prove anything cause he cant win anything and wont win anything? Orton had a great year and held his own.

yes we have a crappy run defense but 8.0 ypc to moreno??? LMAO!!! now i have heard it all!!!!! :laugh:

lol this whole post is some serious homerism lol

you know you would give your left nut to have rivers, orton only held his own until his defense stopped carrying him then it all fell apart.

rivers on the other hand won 13 games despite a very mediocre defense and horrible running game.

talk about holding your own? orton wouldn't have a clue what that means, hes been carried by good defense's his whole NFL career....maybe he should ask cutler? LOL yes i did go there. :D

baphamet
05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
The Charger fans ultimate dream is their team winning the thing that is your profile picture. a RING :laugh:

of course it is and lucky for us we actually have a shot at winning one this year, unlike your team.

LordTrychon
05-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I love that picture. :laugh:

BroncoPower
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
of course it is and lucky for us we actually have a shot at winning one this year, unlike your team.

Yeah and the USA have a shot at winning the soccer world cup.

Amari24
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
yes we have a crappy run defense but 8.0 ypc to moreno??? LMAO!!! now i have heard it all!!!!! :laugh:

lol this whole post is some serious homerism lol

you know you would give your left nut to have rivers, orton only held his own until his defense stopped carrying him then it all fell apart.

rivers on the other hand won 13 games despite a very mediocre defense and horrible running game.
talk about holding your own? orton wouldn't have a clue what that means, hes been carried by good defense's his whole NFL career....maybe he should ask cutler? LOL yes i did go there. :D

No Kidding atleast your self aware! And I don't Think anyone would want a QB who talks way too much and can't back it up and come playoff time has nothing to say. I know I wouldn't and yes 8.0 YPC LED by Moreno..That is very funny how can your teams run defense be that bad? :laugh:
Orton indeed held his own because after the 6-0 start our D played awful and he still gave it his all. Sounds better than talking smack all year only to bomb in the playoffs right?

Amari24
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM

Just like last year right? When you guys won 13 games and everyone chose you to win the Super Bowl but instead you got sent home by Mark Sanchez and the Jets. :laugh: Deja-Vu....

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Boltheads dream
1) that 75% of the fans dont abandon the team every year till they start winning
2) that they never lost a SB winning QB in Brees
3) that they had been to more SB then the Broncos have won
4) that the Broncos didnt have a 54-45 record against them
5) that they dont lose their team to a town that actually likes sports
6) that everyone quit mentioning the biggest mistake in football history known as Rivers
7) that any team considered them more of a rivalry then the other 2 teams in the NFL
8) that Merriman doesnt leave the 2nd chance he gets
9) that their team doesnt suck without LT
10) that they actually won something for once

Amari24
05-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Boltheads dream
1) that 75% of the fans dont abandon the team every year till they start winning
2) that they never lost a SB winning QB in Brees3) that they had been to more SB then the Broncos have won
6) that everyone quit mentioning the biggest mistake in football history known as Rivers
7) that any team considered them more of a rivalry then the other 2 teams in the NFL

I think he was crying when that happen :laugh:

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Boltheads dream
2) that they never lost a SB winning QB in Brees
3) that they had been to more SB then the Broncos have won

Yet it must suck to get blownout once a year for 4 straight years by such a lousey team. including twice in your own stadium by 4+ TD's. :salute:

darth-hideous
05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Chargers fan dream? :helmet::helmet:Blam!Blam! gaze away nuets:P

Boltheads
05-02-2010, 07:13 PM
The last I remember is BOTH Cutler and Orton beat SD in SD. Maybe Im mistaken but thats how I remember it.6-2 vs. Denver and 4 straight Division titles proves my point. And, BOTH Cutler and Orton LOST to Rivers when it mattered the most. Not in the beginning of the season....but, in the end.

Have you even taken two minutes to think about why McD traded multiple picks to draft a QB in the 1st round?

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Yet it must suck to get blownout once a year for 4 straight years by such a lousey team. including twice in your own stadium by 4+ TD's. :salute:

Thats ok we beat you there you beat us here and we still are up by 9 games. Still the Broncos have a winning record against all the teams in the division so yeah we feel pretty comfortable with our history. Plus you guys still are salty about the win 2 years ago :P

Not to mention youve been to the playoffs 3 less times with 5 less division championships, and 5 less conference championships then us which means your actually playing catch up.

You can talk when you have this http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Drew-Brees-Lombardi-Trophy-psd42559.png this http://photos.upi.com/topics-John-Elway-lifts-the-Vince-Lombardi-trophy/fe9f190d5d7fc4c535c88a0ac4fc4ce4/V_1.jpg and this
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0124/20080124__Davis1998~p1_200.jpg

Boltheads
05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Just like last year right? When you guys won 13 games and everyone chose you to win the Super Bowl but instead you got sent home by Mark Sanchez and the Jets. :laugh: Deja-Vu....And you got sent home by KC.....your point?

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 07:25 PM
6-2 vs. Denver and 4 straight Division titles proves my point. And, BOTH Cutler and Orton LOST to Rivers when it mattered the most. Not in the beginning of the season....but, in the end.

Have you even taken two minutes to think about why McD traded multiple picks to draft a QB in the 1st round?

You mean like you did for Leaf and when you tried to get Manning, did you ever question why he didnt want to go to a team that never won anything to be a backup for a team that had a better QB. O yeah you guys didnt think about that which is why Rivers is a Charger in the first place and not 2 SB winners.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Thats ok we beat you there you beat us here and we still are up by 9 games. Still the Broncos have a winning record against all the teams in the division so yeah we feel pretty comfortable with our history. Plus you guys still are salty about the win 2 years ago :P

Not to mention youve been to the playoffs 3 less times with 5 less division championships, and 5 less conference championships then us which means your actually playing catch up.

You can talk when you have this http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Drew-Brees-Lombardi-Trophy-psd42559.png this http://photos.upi.com/topics-John-Elway-lifts-the-Vince-Lombardi-trophy/fe9f190d5d7fc4c535c88a0ac4fc4ce4/V_1.jpg and this
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0124/20080124__Davis1998~p1_200.jpg

You are in possession of a Lombardi trophy? I'm impressed. What position did you play?

Amari24
05-02-2010, 07:28 PM
And you got sent home by KC.....your point?

But we wernt picked time and time again to when the Super Bowl...You guys were thats my point and last year it was the Jets. :laugh:

Boltheads
05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Thats ok we beat you there you beat us here and we still are up by 9 games. Still the Broncos have a winning record against all the teams in the division so yeah we feel pretty comfortable with our history. Nobody discounts your history getting to the SB...or, winning the SB. But, San Diego is the superior team this season. That's the point.

baphamet
05-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Just like last year right? When you guys won 13 games and everyone chose you to win the Super Bowl but instead you got sent home by Mark Sanchez and the Jets. :laugh: Deja-Vu....

i would hardly call mark sanches's performance in that game "sending us home" rivers clearly outperformed him.

did you watch the game? Sanchez was one of the last guys on the jets team that deserved credit for that win, in fact.....i would credit nate kaeding more for that win than Sanchez lol

baphamet
05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
And you got sent home by KC.....your point?

no, actually they got sent home by jamarcus russel....at home. :laugh:

Boltheads
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
But we wernt picked time and time again to when the Super Bowl...You guys were thats my point and last year it was the Jets. :laugh:And you won't be picked again this year....and we will.

Yes, we lost to an inferior team at home in the playoffs. Inexcusable.

But, we finished the season with 11 straight wins and got a lot younger at RB and reloaded our 11th ranked defense. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM

You have a losing record to KC and Oak, bandwagon johnny come lately. Soon you will have a losing record to SD.

What I don't get is why are you a bandwagon fan of such a horrible, talentless, choking irrelevant team like DEN??

Where their dreams equal a .500 season and they parade the streets with signs of success for a 8-8 win season.

13-3 in SD is highly underachieving.

6-10 to 8-8 is overachieving and success and "Sticking it to the experts" lmao. How pathetic.

Rivers alone >>>>>>>>>> your entire team. Ask any GM, coach, expert, player. Would you rather have Rivers or any 3 players on Den. 100% say Rivers.

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 07:42 PM
You mean like you did for Leaf and when you tried to get Manning, did you ever question why he didnt want to go to a team that never won anything to be a backup for a team that had a better QB. O yeah you guys didnt think about that which is why Rivers is a Charger in the first place and not 2 SB winners.

Says the guy who's team has Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as their QB. LMAO!!

Meanwhile SD had the luxury of going from Brees to Rivers. Either would be a monumental upgrade in Den.

LOL! Or LT, Sproles, Turner. While Den is stuck with Moreno and GlasskneeHalter.

You got rid of Hillis, Marshall, Cutler and Schefler. What was once the pride of the low standard modern era Den fan, for even less impressive poop.

FLUSH that entire roster and start over. Real talk all smack aside.

baphamet
05-02-2010, 07:43 PM

the chargers didn't want manning, they wanted leaf. had nothing to do with where peyton wanted to go, wrong manning.

also, every QB you are talking about were QB's that were ready for the NFL and not "project QB's" like tebow.

even brees (a second round pick) had far better mechanics than tebow, he didn't go as high due to how short he is.

its simply hilarious you would even try to compare tebow to elway, manning, brees, and rivers.

all those QB's were legit starting NFL QB's coming out of college, tebow is not. :coffee:

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Says the guy who's team has Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as their QB. LMAO!!

Meanwhile SD had the luxury of going from Brees to Rivers. Either would be a monumental upgrade in Den.

LOL! Or LT, Sproles, Turner. While Den is stuck with Moreno and GlasskneeHalter.

You got rid of Hillis, Marshall, Cutler and Schefler. What was once the pride of the low standard modern era Den fan, for even less impressive poop.

FLUSH that entire roster and start over. Real talk all smack aside. Are you actually comparing Orton and Quinn to Brees LMAO

Ill admit I would love to have Brees but Rivers is essentially like Plummer he will never get you over the hump to be a winning team.

Hillis was a 7th rounder who couldnt block big whoop, Scheff wasnt as amazing people make him out to be, Marshall was an idiot, and Cutler couldnt lead ants.

Ild rather have an average present and a superior past then a horrendous past and an above average present have fun being the best of the division when the division is at its worst we were good when 3 of the 5 teams rocked and 2 (SD and Seattle were major losers)

the chargers didn't want manning, they wanted leaf. had nothing to do with where peyton wanted to go, wrong manning.

also, every QB you are talking about were QB's that were ready for the NFL and not "project QB's" like tebow.

even brees (a second round pick) had far better mechanics than tebow, he didn't go as high due to how short he is.

its simply hilarious you would even try to compare tebow to elway, manning, brees, and rivers.

all those QB's were legit starting NFL QB's coming out of college, tebow is not. :coffee:
I meant Eli never once said peyton although you probably could of have gotten him over leaf. Second you drafted Eli because you wanted he just didnt want you. Finally I am not comparing Tebow to anybody may Steve Young or Vince Young who were and are projects but even then.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Ill admit I would love to have Brees but Rivers is essentially like Plummer he will never get you over the hump to be a winning team.

You're right. A mediocre journeyman is just like one of the best passers in the league.

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
You're right. A mediocre journeyman is just like one of the best passers in the league.

Statistically no but achievement wise yes. Would you rather me compare him to the great Warren Moon who was a better QB but could never really get over the hump. It works because even though he was good the fan base in Houston was poor which led the team to eventually leave.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Dan Marino actually makes the most sense.

Joshecalpoly
05-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Dan Marino actually makes the most sense.

Yeah I guess that works to but I still dont think Rivers is on that level, Or it could just be that I find Mr. Beautiful mind a tad bit arrogant self absorbed and a ****, so I may be overly biased.

Axemaster
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
You have a losing record to KC and Oak, bandwagon johnny come lately. Soon you will have a losing record to SD.

What I don't get is why are you a bandwagon fan of such a horrible, talentless, choking irrelevant team like DEN??

Where their dreams equal a .500 season and they parade the streets with signs of success for a 8-8 win season.

13-3 in SD is highly underachieving.

6-10 to 8-8 is overachieving and success and "Sticking it to the experts" lmao. How pathetic.

Rivers alone >>>>>>>>>> your entire team. Ask any GM, coach, expert, player. Would you rather have Rivers or any 3 players on Den. 100% say Rivers.The answear to your question, NOSTRADAMUS, is yes I would rather have a QB like Orton, who has 10 times better chacter then Phyllis.

And yes you will probably go 13-3, and get yer ASSES handed to you, AGAIN, and will be watching the Super Bowl on TV , AGAIN!:incomplete:

I am more likely to believe the prediction that DENVER will win another Super Bowl before the Charredgirls ever sniff their first!:D:D:D

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Are you actually comparing Orton and Quinn to Brees LMAO

Hillis was a 7th rounder who couldnt block big whoop, Scheff wasnt as amazing people make him out to be, Marshall was an idiot, and Cutler couldnt lead ants.

Ild rather have an average present and a superior past then a horrendous past and an above average present have fun being the best of the division when the division is at its worst we were good when 3 of the 5 teams rocked and 2 (SD and Seattle were major losers)

I meant Eli never once said peyton although you probably could of have gotten him over leaf. Second you drafted Eli because you wanted he just didnt want you. Finally I am not comparing Tebow to anybody may Steve Young or Vince Young who were and are projects but even then.

I stopped reading when you compared Rivers to Plummer. LMAO!

Compare Rivers last 2 years than any QB in Den's pathetic history' best seasons. It's a THRASHING!

Weird, how Rivers has one of the best winning percentages in NFL history for a QB with atleast 60 starts. All he does is win! Since he's been starter, this has been his division and will continue to be.

You didnt win squat until 14 years later with Elway. It won't take Rivers that long. NO CHANCE!

ChargersDivison
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
The answear to your question, NOSTRADAMUS, is yes I would rather have a QB like Orton, who has 10 times better chacter then Phyllis.

And yes you will probably go 13-3, and get yer ASSES handed to you, AGAIN, and will be watching the Super Bowl on TV , AGAIN!:incomplete:

I am more likely to believe the prediction that DENVER will win another Super Bowl before the Charredgirls ever sniff their first!:D:D:D

And this post is the reason your friends and family are organizing a intervention.

DarkHorse26
05-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Compare Rivers last 2 years than any QB in Den's pathetic history' best seasons. It's a THRASHING!

Weird, how Rivers has one of the best winning percentages in NFL history for a QB with atleast 60 starts. All he does is win! Since he's been starter, this has been his division and will continue to be.

You didnt win squat until 14 years later with Elway. It won't take Rivers that long. NO CHANCE!

By this you mean regular season games I take it?

Joshecalpoly
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM

You didnt win squat until 14 years later with Elway. It won't take Rivers that long. NO CHANCE! To bad he cant win in the playoffs. Next year he will be handing off the ball like an idiot because Norv will be to pissed at LT's comments to pass lol. If Matthews survives he may get rookie of the year after his 400th carry lol but I doubt he will survive when the entire NFL begins stacking the box.

Since you think that your entire team are essentially the best ever and youve made statements in the past about TD and Rod Smith and other Broncos being garbage I guess we did more with less then youve done with so much.

JakeNbake
05-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Orton is 1 and 1 against Rivers as a Bronco. You sure own him.

theshiverman
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM

You can reverse this for Charger fans, they hope for Tebow to fail, and they hope for Mathews to save their franchise since LT and Rivers couldnt do it, we all have hopes and dreams, im sure Charger fans biggest hope and dream is to win a Super Bowl, but i dont see that happening any time soon.

Amari24
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
You can reverse this for Charger fans, they hope for Tebow to fail, and they hope for Mathews to save their franchise since LT and Rivers couldnt do it, we all have hopes and dreams, im sure Charger fans biggest hope and dream is to win a Super Bowl, but i dont see that happening any time soon.

No point in mentioning that because every time you do Dolt fans like ROD always have to switch the subject or say that we CAN or have a CHANCE...

theshiverman
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
No point in mentioning that because every time you do Dolt fans like ROD always have to switch the subject or say that we CAN or have a CHANCE...

Also, anytime you bring up the fact that the Chargers have never won a Super Bowl, it yanks the rug out from under any smack they try to talk since World Championships trump any smack dished out by a Championship-less Team, this fact sends the Charger fans crawling back under their rocks (where they were for 20 years) untill their tears dry and they take another swig of Liquid Courage and come back out into the sunlight and try to talk smack again.....its the circle of life:)

baphamet
05-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Also, anytime you bring up the fact that the Chargers have never won a Super Bowl, it yanks the rug out from under any smack they try to talk since World Championships trump any smack dished out by a Championship-less Team, this fact sends the Charger fans crawling back under their rocks (where they were for 20 years) untill their tears dry and they take another swig of Liquid Courage and come back out into the sunlight and try to talk smack again.....its the circle of life:)

every time you are forced to pull the SB card is just you giving up on your team being a contender.

fans like you that think they are the only ones entitled to talk smack because their team "used to be" great make me laugh.

not only do i not "craw under any rock" when you attempt to trophy polish, it actually brings the smack out of me.

i simply love calling you losers out that cant think of any thing els to say so you revert to trophy smack, you literally have nothing els to bring to the table because you have no faith in your current team.....you are left with nothing but your past trophies. :smug:

by the way, why is it that many of you broncos fans are nowhere to be found when your team is choking away the division? why would they have to go hide under that rock when their team has won past super bowls?:rolleyes:

unfortunately for you, trophy polishing does not trump losing in today's NFL, if that was the case shanahan would still be your coach, wouldn't he? :coffee:

theshiverman
05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
every time you are forced to pull the SB card is just you giving up on your team being a contender.

fans like you that think they are the only ones entitled to talk smack because their team "used to be" great make me laugh.

not only do i not "craw under any rock" when you attempt to trophy polish, it actually brings the smack out of me.

i simply love calling you losers out that cant think of any thing els to say so you revert to trophy smack, you literally have nothing els to bring to the table because you have no faith in your current team.....you are left with nothing but your past trophies. :smug:

by the way, why is it that many of you broncos fans are nowhere to be found when your team is choking away the division? why would they have to go hide under that rock when their team has won past super bowls?:rolleyes:

unfortunately for you, trophy polishing does not trump losing in today's NFL, if that was the case shanahan would still be your coach, wouldn't he? :coffee:

Yes, super bowl team fans are the only ones allowed to talk smack to other super bowl team fans, The current division winner or flavor of the month means nothing in the eyes of History, winning the championship is the only thing that matters in the NFL, if your team hasent done it, you are forced to sit at the little kids table in the other room with the Lions, Falcons, Bills and talk smack to the teams that are still concidered Franchise failures but are equal as far as Team achievements go, Until the Chargers win a World Championship then there really is nothing to be proud of as a Franchise, all it means is the team has failed to do what it wanted every year that its ever been in the NFL, thats like 40 years of failure, with every season ending in disapointment.

Amari24
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Why is it that none of you DOLT fans are no where to be found when your team isn't over 500. And when you get knocked out of the playoffs? BANDWAGON :laugh: I think I know why. Its so when you guys get a 13-3 record you can talk smack until playoffs only to get knocked out like always.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM

SON U CAN WIN THE DIVISION FROM NOW UNTIL DOOMSDAY BUT UNTIL U WIN BACK TO BACK SB YOU WILL ALWAYS BE CATCHING UP. I FEEL FOR U. i KNOW IT MUST SUCK. KEEP THE FAITH THOUGH YOU NEVER KNOW I HEARD THEY MADE WINGS FOR PIGS NOW.

DON'T HATE THE GREAT JUST CAUSE U CAN'T GET THERE, BE GLAD SOMEBODY ELSE CAN!!!!

Southstander
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM

1) Can you honestly tell me Chargers fans where/ are not hoping Rivers will lead you to the Promised land?

2) I have not been to your boards in a while, but I am willing to bet there are threads saying that our draft picks will be busts.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
By the way, ur right, SB winning fans are not the only ones who can talk smack. WE R THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN LEGITIMATELY BACK IT UP! If you've never been the best, then u haven't. So cry till 2012 if ya want but the facts still leave ya hanging.

We will win the division this year and ull be out anothe coach lol

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
To bad he cant win in the playoffs. Next year he will be handing off the ball like an idiot because Norv will be to pissed at LT's comments to pass lol. If Matthews survives he may get rookie of the year after his 400th carry lol but I doubt he will survive when the entire NFL begins stacking the box.

Since you think that your entire team are essentially the best ever and youve made statements in the past about TD and Rod Smith and other Broncos being garbage I guess we did more with less then youve done with so much.

TD and Smith are beast, as is Sharpe. I love me some Rod Smith and home town boy TD.

Also Rivers in 2 years won more playoff games than Plummer has his whole career and more than than has by 2 more games in 11 seasons.

Mathews will dominate and you will hate it.

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Any time you mention the Broncos playoff drought that looks to continue for along time, they scrimmage around looking for a rebuttal, only to grasping to the slipping old, crack, tarnished, tainted superbowls they weren't alive for. It's they advil for the headache their franchise is now. Too bad it's only 1MG and does nothing to take away the throbbing headache.

You gotta feel for non-playoff fans. It's tough!! Hang in there!! Everyone makes the playoff eventually. You guys will one day.

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
By the way, ur right, SB winning fans are not the only ones who can talk smack. WE R THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN LEGITIMATELY BACK IT UP! If you've never been the best, then u haven't. So cry till 2012 if ya want but the facts still leave ya hanging.

We will win the division this year and ull be out anothe coach lol

Your talentless irrelevant joke of a franchise can't even produce a winning seasons, why the hell are you talking superbowls?? LMAO Crawl before you run with the big boys.

Unless you are Michael J Fox and this is Back to the Future 32, you are up the RIVER without a hope. The best you can hope for is second fiddle in the AFCW for the next decade plus.

Speaking of coaches, how many different HC's and coordinators have the dookies had the past 6 years?? LOL! Rivers keeps getting your DC's fired or running off.

Boltheads
05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
son u can win the division from now until doomsday but until u win back to back sb you will always be catching up. I feel for u. I know it must suck. Keep the faith though you never know i heard they made wings for pigs now.

Don't hate the great just cause u can't get there, be glad somebody else can!!!!stop yelling!

Boltheads
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
1) Can you honestly tell me Chargers fans where/ are not hoping Rivers will lead you to the Promised land?

2) I have not been to your boards in a while, but I am willing to bet there are threads saying that our draft picks will be busts.

1) There is a huge difference between "the Promise Land" and "salvaging the franchise".

2) There is a huge difference between "evaluating" draft picks and "predicting" injuries.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Your talentless irrelevant joke of a franchise can't even produce a winning seasons, why the hell are you talking superbowls?? LMAO Crawl before you run with the big boys.

Unless you are Michael J Fox and this is Back to the Future 32, you are up the RIVER without a hope. The best you can hope for is second fiddle in the AFCW for the next decade plus.

Speaking of coaches, how many different HC's and coordinators have the dookies had the past 6 years?? LOL! Rivers keeps getting your DC's fired or running off.

because we do know how to build a franchise hear and we will again. you sound more like the guy who keeps tellin us all what he did in high school cause he never could compete at the next level. You can cry division all u want, but u have never nor will u in the near future make it past that level we have, we will and I look for us to own the division. Ya all keep cryin why we bring up SB, well win one, Hel make it to one. History don't care how many divisions you win and any nfl player would give all his divisions for one superbow. You know you would too.

ChargersDivison
05-03-2010, 06:36 PM
because we do know how to build a franchise hear and we will again. you sound more like the guy who keeps tellin us all what he did in high school cause he never could compete at the next level. You can cry division all u want, but u have never nor will u in the near future make it past that level we have, we will and I look for us to own the division. Ya all keep cryin why we bring up SB, well win one, Hel make it to one. History don't care how many divisions you win and any nfl player would give all his divisions for one superbow. You know you would too.

First off you won't be making the playoffs anytime soon, let alone taking the AFCW from it's owners the Chargers. SD is on the brink of a SB and has the young proven experienced roster to keep doing it.

2nd off you bragging about 12 year old achievements is more like the kid braggin about how he got to some in highschool, but now he's a lonely physically challenged telemarketer spending hours at the adult video store, day dreaming about his high school days.

I'm that highschool kid now, in my prime, physically RIPPED, getting alot of tugs from the dime pieces and eventually I'm gonna be hitting alot of those dimes.

Southstander
05-03-2010, 06:40 PM
First off you won't be making the playoffs anytime soon, let alone taking the AFCW from it's owners the Chargers. SD is on the brink of a SB and has the young proven experienced roster to keep doing it.

2nd off you bragging about 12 year old achievements is more like the kid braggin about how he got to some in highschool, but now he's a lonely physically challenged telemarketer spending hours at the adult video store, day dreaming about his high school days.

I'm that highschool kid now, in my prime, physically RIPPED, getting alot of tugs from the dime pieces and eventually I'm gonna be hitting alot of those dimes.

You guts have been "on the brink" for awhile now. When will you cash it in?

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM

I don't care who u r that is funny cp to u

theshiverman
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Any time you mention the Broncos playoff drought that looks to continue for along time, they scrimmage around looking for a rebuttal, only to grasping to the slipping old, crack, tarnished, tainted superbowls they weren't alive for. It's they advil for the headache their franchise is now. Too bad it's only 1MG and does nothing to take away the throbbing headache.

You gotta feel for non-playoff fans. It's tough!! Hang in there!! Everyone makes the playoff eventually. You guys will one day.

4 Years is a pretty long playoff drought, thats twice as long as you've been a Chargers fan.

Boltheads
05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
You guts have been "on the brink" for awhile now. When will you cash it in?Probably this year......next year for sure. Overall, I'd say San Diego wins 2-3 this decade.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't care who u r that is funny cp to u

I brag about actually geting there thats the difference. You r still the virgin having *** dreams about it but never really getting it. Feel bad, especially for LT. I have a lot of respect for him all around and I hated to see himm leave. But alas with the Jets maybe he'l stop dreamin and start getting it. With u guys, I'l give u got young players and studs, but you got the inevitable Norv as your coach. Your hc are known for never getting out of playofss and the problems just start there. I hope one day you get past the *** dream, but alas I don't think its soon.

Side note loved Marty too sad to see him go hell of a coach, Elway had his number

Amari24
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Probably this year......next year for sure. Overall, I'd say San Diego wins 2-3 this decade.

OK, now your just getting too ridiculous now...:D

Southstander
05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Probably this year......next year for sure. Overall, I'd say San Diego wins 2-3 this decade.

Bold words. I do not see it happening. Manning and Brady have a better cast around them, plus no one know how both teams picks will work out.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Proves my previous point been havin that dream so much losin sight of reality.lol:D

baphamet
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, super bowl team fans are the only ones allowed to talk smack to other super bowl team fans, The current division winner or flavor of the month means nothing in the eyes of History, winning the championship is the only thing that matters in the NFL, if your team hasent done it, you are forced to sit at the little kids table in the other room with the Lions, Falcons, Bills and talk smack to the teams that are still concidered Franchise failures but are equal as far as Team achievements go, Until the Chargers win a World Championship then there really is nothing to be proud of as a Franchise, all it means is the team has failed to do what it wanted every year that its ever been in the NFL, thats like 40 years of failure, with every season ending in disapointment.

ahh that is what i would expect from a fan of a team that just cant compete anymore. tell me, what do your SB victories from the 90's have to do with the fact that my team is superior to yours currently?

remember that your current broncos team had absolutely nothing to do with winning those rings, your current team is inferior to mine and i will smack them for it.

you want to talk franchises? fine, i don't have a problem saying yours has been more successful than mine.

but it really ends there, all you have is history, just like the raiders fans. :smug:

if you want to keep living in a dream world and pretend your team is greater than it is because of your distant past, go right ahead.

unfortunately for you reality will once again set in and all you can really hope for this season is for your most hated team to get knocked out of the playoffs again.

now you are starting to see what it is like to be a chargers fan. :laugh:

baphamet
05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Why is it that none of you DOLT fans are no where to be found when your team isn't over 500. And when you get knocked out of the playoffs? BANDWAGON :laugh: I think I know why. Its so when you guys get a 13-3 record you can talk smack until playoffs only to get knocked out like always.

judging by your join date, i don't think you would have a clue if i was here when my team was under .500 and if you did you would know that i have been.

i was here when your team was 6-0 and in the drivers seat, i was here when all sorts of donkey fairweather smack talkers were all over the place talking mad crap and sending me random pm's talking smack to me.

i was also here when all of those same fans fell of the face of the earth when their team collapsed.

so you want to talk about bandwagon? LOL every team has their fair share bro. :thumb:

Southstander
05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
ahh that is what i would expect from a fan of a team that just cant compete anymore. tell me, what do your SB victories from the 90's have to do with the fact that my team is superior to yours currently?

remember that your current broncos team had absolutely nothing to do with winning those rings, your current team is inferior to mine and i will smack them for it.

you want to talk franchises? fine, i don't have a problem saying yours has been more successful than mine.

but it really ends there, all you have is history, just like the raiders fans. :smug:

if you want to keep living in a dream world and pretend your team is greater than it is because of your distant past, go right ahead.

unfortunately for you reality will once again set in and all you can really hope for this season is for your most hated team to get knocked out of the playoffs again.

now you are starting to see what it is like to be a chargers fan. :laugh:

So how is talking about losing in the recent past better then talking about winning in the distant past?

Amari24
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
judging by your join date, i don't think you would have a clue if i was here when my team was under .500 and if you did you would know that i have been.

i was here when your team was 6-0 and in the drivers seat, i was here when all sorts of donkey fairweather smack talkers were all over the place talking mad crap and sending me random pm's talking smack to me.

i was also here when all of those same fans fell of the face of the earth when their team collapsed.

so you want to talk about bandwagon? LOL every team has their fair share bro. :thumb:

My join date? Oh I guess I should of told you this is my new account just to save you from embarrasment.

baphamet
05-03-2010, 08:40 PM
So how is talking about losing in the recent past better then talking about winning in the distant past?

because it is relevant? are there any coaches or players on the broncos that were there when you won rings?

i don't have a problem talking about the past, of you want to make a thread about the history of the afcw or who has the better franchise then it would be relevant to that topic.

but what kills me is when we are talking smack about current events in the NFL and then trophy smack gets thrown by broncos fans around like its going out of style.

baphamet
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
My join date? Oh I guess I should of told you this is my new account just to save you from embarrasment.

then you would already know that i and a few other chargers fans have been here regardless? since that is not your first account and you indeed have been here representing (or at the very least reading), you should already know this.

TheBroncoEra
05-03-2010, 11:49 PM

I obviously can't speak for everybody, but I can offer my views on these.

1) I think that Tebow can get the Broncos back to the SB someday, I don't know when but I think it is very possible.

2) I may not like the Chargers but I wouldn't wish for a rookie with a possible very, very bright future to fail, that's just shallow and comes across as downright pathetic. It is going to be a pain to face him, but I wouldn't wish injury upon him so we don't have to face him :salute!:

Joshecalpoly
05-04-2010, 12:46 AM
We're so inferior we won on Monday night in SD and you beat a backup who hadnt played in the NFL for years because Orton was hurt congrats your so dominant.

ChargersDivison
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
We're so inferior we won on Monday night in SD and you beat a backup who hadnt played in the NFL for years because Orton was hurt congrats your so dominant.

Remind me how many points Orton scored when he came in.

Orton is a game manager, him in the game or not is irrelevant. He was far from the strong point of your team.

13-3 to 8-8 says you are inferior.

Bucs beat Saints in New Orleans late in the season. It happens! SD then came back and crushed Den, badly. We had over 200 yds rushing vs your D. That's bad! 31st ranked rushing offense.

Southstander
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
because it is relevant? are there any coaches or players on the broncos that were there when you won rings?

i don't have a problem talking about the past, of you want to make a thread about the history of the afcw or who has the better franchise then it would be relevant to that topic.

but what kills me is when we are talking smack about current events in the NFL and then trophy smack gets thrown by broncos fans around like its going out of style.

My point was the past is the past. What the Chargers did four years ago has no barring on what you will do this season. Just like our Back-to-Back Super Bowls have no barring on what we will do. To be honest both sides need to shut up about what has happened.

broncojav82
05-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Chargers fans dream that tebow would fail so they could be reminded of Ryan Leaf..:sad:

Joshecalpoly
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Remind me how many points Orton scored when he came in.

Orton is a game manager, him in the game or not is irrelevant. He was far from the strong point of your team.

13-3 to 8-8 says you are inferior.

Bucs beat Saints in New Orleans late in the season. It happens! SD then came back and crushed Den, badly. We had over 200 yds rushing vs your D. That's bad! 31st ranked rushing offense.

Yeah your right a 115.4 passer rating against you guys is a joke and so are the 2 TD's he through. Where the guy you claimed was a hall of famer got 1 TD and a 97.3 rating. In the next game he still managed to get more yards even though he played in 1/2 the time and was injured. Guess he got out classed by a dud.

The fact that the RB you call a bust ran 80 yards on 10 attempts against you says something though

ChargersDivison
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah your right a 115.4 passer rating against you guys is a joke and so are the 2 TD's he through. Where the guy you claimed was a hall of famer got 1 TD and a 97.3 rating. In the next game he still managed to get more yards even though he played in 1/2 the time and was injured. Guess he got out classed by a dud.

The fact that the RB you call a bust ran 80 yards on 10 attempts against you says something though

He threw the ball 29 times in the second game, had 0 tds, 1 int and like a 55 QB rating.

Rivers 109 and 97 QB rating with 0 ints in both games and a td in each.

Orton is poop. You won the first game due to Schefler making great yac plays and royal on special teams.

Orton could of played all game 2nd time, Den was still going to get blown out. SD ran at will vs Den 2nd game, Rivers didn't have to throw much. Our D was lights out to.

baphamet
05-04-2010, 08:49 PM
My point was the past is the past. What the Chargers did four years ago has no barring on what you will do this season. Just like our Back-to-Back Super Bowls have no barring on what we will do. To be honest both sides need to shut up about what has happened.

what we did four years ago will not dictate what will happen this year, yes. but from that point until now we have owned you and because we do have a lot of players from that squad still on the team, including the starting probowl QB, i think it is a lot more relevant.

acting like you are better than us because of what your franchise did 12 years ago, considering nobody on the coaching staff or on the field remains on your team is 100"% irrelevant to today's NFL, do you feel me?

Joshecalpoly
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
what we did four years ago will not dictate what will happen this year, yes. but from that point until now we have owned you and because we do have a lot of players from that squad still on the team, including the starting probowl QB, i think it is a lot more relevant.

acting like you are better than us because of what your franchise did 12 years ago, considering nobody on the coaching staff or on the field remains on your team is 100"% irrelevant to today's NFL, do you feel me?

That may be true but our team has a history of excellence infact so does KC and OAK your team is the only team who has yet to prove anything in your entire franchises existence. You have some very loyal fans but many many many bandwagon fans. Until you guys can change both you cant command any respect.

IgorBStrange
05-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Baphy and the Charger fans saying they will win it all again, telling Denver fans that the Lombardi trophies with the Broncos on them are meaningless and worthless because they are in the past with no meaning for today. All the while ignoring the fact that their team has no past, blew the present and their future is aging fast.

I just watched on NFL Network this past weekend the story of the 1980, 1981 team that blew their chances at the SB. Yep, the best team on paper. Yep, the best offense in the history of the NFL. Yep, they blew it.

Ah, same old same old. History repeats itself if you don't learn from it, and we watched it the past few years.

Keep ignoring those little baby teams behind you, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs. Ignore them, please. Keep thinking they have no teeth. Just watch the MSM and drink in the praise of how you're the best.

Blow off that Denver beat you at home the last two year. Blow it off, it's an aberration that cannot happen three years in a row. Nope, it just can't happen.

You'll sweep the Raiders and Chiefs. So what if they gave you a fight each in one game last year. It's another aberration that will not happen again. Nope, never. Your team is the best team in the NFL. Yep, sure is.

He he he, keep it up oh great wise powerful team in the West. All will bow down and worship you after this years Playoff Choke, again.

See you soon. In San Diego, on National TV again.

Boltheads
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Baphy and the Charger fans saying they will win it all again, telling Denver fans that the Lombardi trophies with the Broncos on them are meaningless and worthless because they are in the past with no meaning for today. All the while ignoring the fact that their team has no past, blew the present and their future is aging fast.
What "meaning" does a Lombardi trophy from the 90s have? Are the Broncos "defending" it like the Saints are?

Baph, myself, and other Charger fans have stated before that we envy that you are polishing a trophy that we haven't won yet. But, it is "meaningless" in terms of the 2010 Denver Broncos.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
What "meaning" does a Lombardi trophy from the 90s have? Are the Broncos "defending" it like the Saints are?

Baph, myself, and other Charger fans have stated before that we envy that you are polishing a trophy that we haven't won yet. But, it is "meaningless" in terms of the 2010 Denver Broncos.

Just like it is meaningless for you guys to say you are going to win a Super Bowl every year. So it works both ways either way you look at it.

Southstander
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Once again you are not understading me....

Broncos fans need to stop "smacking" about the Super Bowls we have won.
Chargers fans need to stop "smacking" about how good your team has been the past few years.

To me neither are revelent to how the teams will preform this season.

The fact is the Chargers as they are constructed right now is a different team, that had taken four games in a row. Just like this is a different Broncos team.

Axemaster
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM

We are begging and praying for the EXACT same thing YOU were for 16 years when ELWAY owned your sorry ASSES!!!:go:

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 06:09 PM

I just watched on NFL Network this past weekend the story of the 1980, 1981 team that blew their chances at the SB. Yep, the best team on paper. Yep, the best offense in the history of the NFL. Yep, they blew it.

Ah, same old same old. History repeats itself if you don't learn from it, and we watched it the past few years.

Keep ignoring those little baby teams behind you, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs. Ignore them, please. Keep thinking they have no teeth. Just watch the MSM and drink in the praise of how you're the best.

Blow off that Denver beat you at home the last two year. Blow it off, it's an aberration that cannot happen three years in a row. Nope, it just can't happen.

You'll sweep the Raiders and Chiefs. So what if they gave you a fight each in one game last year. It's another aberration that will not happen again. Nope, never. Your team is the best team in the NFL. Yep, sure is.

He he he, keep it up oh great wise powerful team in the West. All will bow down and worship you after this years Playoff Choke, again.

See you soon. In San Diego, on National TV again.

First off we destroyed KC both games last year, Oak played us close and got swept.

You have beat us 1 time in SD in the past 4 years. SD has beat you 3 times past 4 years. You split with us in 08 due to one of the most controversial calls ever.

We will keep ignoring you when we win the division by 5 games.

We did in 06, 07 and 09.

Joshecalpoly
05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
First off we destroyed KC both games last year, Oak played us close and got swept.

You have beat us 1 time in SD in the past 4 years. SD has beat you 3 times past 4 years. You split with us in 08 due to one of the most controversial calls ever.

We did in 06, 07 and 09. Yeah notice how 08 that wasnt in their because you barely won being barely over .500. We had 2 end of the year collapses. Also in 07 you won by 4 games not 5. Don't worry your era will end soon and we will go back to the 35 years where you were the joke of a good division rather then winning in a joke division. Things change you wont be on top forever and without LT you might just go back to the era soon enough and what will you have for it nothing.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah notice how 08 that wasnt in their because you barely won being barely over .500. We had 2 end of the year collapses. Also in 07 you won by 4 games not 5. Don't worry your era will end soon and we will go back to the 35 years where you were the joke of a good division rather then winning in a joke division. Things change you wont be on top forever and without LT you might just go back to the era soon enough and what will you have for it nothing.

At our worse in 08 you needed Ed to beat us in Den by 1 point with a awful call and desperation 2 pt conversion vs a heavily injured SD team.

We were 11-5 in 07 and you were 7-9. We swept you, so we won by 5 games. You would of had to go 12-4 to win the division.

Our domination of the AFCW is dependent on Rivers, not LT. We will continue to dominate as long as Rivers is here, regardless.

Soon 8-8 will be wishful thinking for Den fans.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
At our worse in 08 you needed Ed to beat us in Den by 1 point with a awful call and desperation 2 pt conversion vs a heavily injured SD team.

We were 11-5 in 07 and you were 7-9. We swept you, so we won by 5 games. You would of had to go 12-4 to win the division.

Our domination of the AFCW is dependent on Rivers, not LT. We will continue to dominate as long as Rivers is here, regardless.
Soon 8-8 will be wishful thinking for Den fans.

According to the 06' season it wasn't

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
According to the 06' season it wasn't

Actually it was solely dependent on Rivers.

Coincidence LT had his best year and SD won their most games Rivers first year??

Rivers is 10 times better than we hype him up to be. Trust me!

Southstander
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM

Coincidence LT had his best year and SD won their most games Rivers first year??

No one can be that good. Since you are just now hyping him to be 10 times better then you are prevously hyping him does that mean he is 100 times better then you first said he was?

Amari24
05-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Its a coincidence after you guys got rid of Brees he won his first Super Bowl. And what does winning the most games prove? You guys failed to win the most important one. The Super Bowl! you should ask the 07' Patriots what winning the most games means. And you don't have to tell me how good Rivers is. I wouldn't rank him top 3 or 4 personally. Hes #5 at best; And I don't think hes 10 times better than what you guys already hype up. Which is a lot,And I never argued that he isnt a great QB but there are other QBs that I would rather have on my team over him. Defintely....

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Its a coincidence after you guys got rid of Brees he won his first Super Bowl. And what does winning the most games prove? You guys failed to win the most important one. The Super Bowl! you should ask the 07' Patriots what winning the most games means. And you don't have to tell me how good Rivers is. I wouldn't rank him top 3 or 4 personally. Hes #5 at best; And I don't think hes 10 times better than what you guys already hype up. Which is a lot,And I never argued that he isnt a great QB but there are other QBs that I would rather have on my team over him. Defintely....

Name 3 or 4 QB's right NOW better than Rivers.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
In fact, name 1...

Past 2 years when this became Rivers team, he has been the cream of the crop.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Jamarcus Russell for one :laugh: just playing.
In no specific order...
1.Manning
2.Brees
3.Schaub
4.Roethlisberger
5.Rivers

And Sprinkle in Brett Favre in there as well. He plays just as good if not better than Rivers and hes 40 years old.
I would rather have those guys on my team over Rivers.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
In fact, name 1...

One? Peyton Manning then...

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Jamarcus Russell for one :laugh: just playing.
In no specific order...
1.Manning
2.Brees
3.Schaub
4.Roethlisberger
5.Rivers

And Sprinkle in Brett Favre in there as well. He plays just as good if not better than Rivers and hes 40 years old.
I would rather have those guys on my team over Rivers.

LOL Schaub and Ben LOL.. Epic FAIL! I can't even say it was a nice try.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
One? Peyton Manning then...

Rivers >>> Peyton past 2 years...

Southstander
05-05-2010, 07:59 PM

In no order, Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Rivers has out performed all of them the past 2 years. I don't even think Ben is anywhere close.

Brady is 2 years removed from elite.

Peyton and Brees only ones with a case. Based off most recent seasons, not much of a case, but have one.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
LOL Schaub and Ben LOL.. Epic FAIL! I can't even say it was a nice try.

Ben has won 2 super bowls..Rivers has won ZERO. And thats a huge difference for two QBs coming out of the same class. Schaub led the Texans to their first winning record in years and they barely missed the playoffs.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Ben has won 2 super bowls..Rivers has won ZERO. And thats a huge difference for two QBs coming out of the same class. Schaub led the Texans to their first winning record in years and they barely missed the playoffs.

And both were sitting at home last year in the playoffs. It's not even close is the crazy thing. Plunkett has won 2 SB's Marino none. Whats your point??

Rivers is so superior to both it's insulting that you named them.

Thors Hammer
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Rivers >>> Peyton past 2 years...

As evidenced by Rivers walking around town as the reigning 2 time MVP. Oh, wait a minute...

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Rivers has out performed all of them the past 2 years. I don't even think Ben is anywhere close.

Peyton and Brees only ones with a case. Based off most recent seasons, not much of a case, but have one.

:confused: How has Rivers out performed Ben and Manning in the past 2 years when they both went to at least one super bowl and Ben won one in 2009. Rivers has yet to do either of them.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
As evidenced by Rivers walking around town as the reigning 2 time MVP. Oh, wait a minute...

He was screwed just like he was with the probowl in 08.

The numbers don't lie... Rivers has been the best QB past 2 years.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
:confused: How has Rivers out performed Ben and Manning in the past 2 years when they both went to at least one super bowl and Ben won one in 2009. Rivers has yet to do either of them.

Teams go to SB's, not single players. Ben had a horrible year the year his #1 defense carried them to the SB.

baphamet

ben and brady are not better than rivers right now. very few QB's have been better than rivers the last two years, ben and brady are not one of them.

Amari24
And both were sitting at home last year in the playoffs. It's not even close is the crazy thing. Plunkett has won 2 SB's Marino none. Whats your point??

Rivers is so superior to both it's insulting that you named them.

Its the simple fact that ben has won 2 of them in the past decade..Something Rivers can only dream about doing.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Rivers highest QB rating, highest avg, highest TD% and lowest int% past 2 years over Peyton and Brees and easily over any other "TOP QB". Only thing they have is higher comp%, not like Rivers comp% isn't great to.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Its the simple fact that ben has won 2 of them in the past decade..Something Rivers can only dream about doing.

You mean the Steelers. Ben is carried by his defense. 2 years his defense doesn't dominate they miss the playoffs, go figure.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
ben and brady are not better than rivers right now. very few QB's have been better than rivers the last two years, ben and brady are not one of them.

Which explains why Rivers has yet to win MVP and Manning has won 2 years in a row now. That doesn't sound superior to me. Rivers has yet to..

1. Go to a Super Bowl-ben and Brady and Manning have

2. Win MVP- Brady and Manning have

3. Win a Superbowl- Brady, Ben and Manning have multiple times
Yeah...How Superior

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Rivers highest QB rating, highest avg, highest TD% and lowest int% past 2 years over Peyton and Brees and easily over any other "TOP QB". Only thing they have is higher comp%, not like Rivers comp% isn't great to.

And you know what else they have? A SUPER BOWL RING. If Rivers cant turn those "SUPERIOR" stats into a ring then what good are they?

baphamet
05-05-2010, 08:11 PM

peyton manning is better yes, you can argue brees to. but winning a SB doesn't automatically make you better than all the other QB's that don't have one LOL

especially considering the defense ben has had his whole career. look at his actual performance at his position.

i will give him credit for being more clutch in the playoffs than rivers (only for his second SB win, not the first) there is a reason why the vast majority of unbiased fans and media disagree with you.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:12 PM
You mean the Steelers. Ben is carried by his defense. 2 years his defense doesn't dominate they miss the playoffs, go figure.

Right...Thats like saying the Steelers would of won the Super Bowl with Byron Leftwhich. Or any QB for that matter. Go figure....

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
And you know what else they have? A SUPER BOWL RING. If Rivers cant turn those "SUPERIOR" stats into a ring then what good are they?

You mean teams that carried inferior QB's, right??

Unless Doug Williams, Stabler, Plunkett, Eli, Ben, Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Marino, Fouts, Tarkenton, Mcnabb, Rivers and Kelly.

Which in that case this conversation is over.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Right...Thats like saying the Steelers would of won the Super Bowl with Byron Leftwhich. Or any QB for that matter. Go figure....

Most likely, definitely. More so than Ben winning with any other defense.

baphamet
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM

yeah, i mean rivers should be able to line up at every position and execute, huh? hell, eli manning has a ring too, i bet you think he is better as well?

eli isn't even considered a top 10 QB at this stage of his career by most, yet he has a ring, what gives? :rolleyes:

not even gonna use the dan marino analogy either, i don't think its necessary to own you any further. :P

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:16 PM
peyton manning is better yes, you can argue brees to. but winning a SB doesn't automatically make you better than all the other QB's that don't have one LOL

especially considering the defense ben has had his whole career. look at his actual performance at his position.

i will give him credit for being more clutch in the playoffs than rivers (only for his second SB win, not the first) there is a reason why the vast majority of unbiased fans and media disagree with you.

Umm did you even read the post? I was arguing the fact on how Rivers had outperformed Manning and Brees. Not which QBs are better. If anything you should credit Laboe for that defense or haven't you noticed that the Steelers defense at the time was filled with 33 year olds and older guys in general. I fail to see how defense has anything to do with it. And I guess it was the defense that helped him on the last drive to win the Super Bowl right?

baphamet
05-05-2010, 08:19 PM

in the 2005 SB? hell yes they would have, they would have won with tebow as their QB. :laugh:

9/21 123 yards 0 TD's 2 int's

that performance makes jamarcus russell look good. :D

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah, i mean rivers should be able to line up at every position and execute, huh? hell, eli manning has a ring too, i bet you think he is better as well?

eli isn't even considered a top 10 QB at this stage of his career by most, yet he has a ring, what gives? :rolleyes:

not even gonna use the dan marino analogy either, i don't think its necessary to own you any further. :P

If anything you are owning yourself and its quite funny :laugh: Comparing old QB era to modern? Yeah you are defintely owning yourself. And Eli isn't considered Top 10 nor anyone on that terrible Giants team. He had his best year when they wont the Super Bowl and he was considered top 10 at that time. Eversince they won the Super Bowl they have been slackers. Just like Rivers has for his whole career. It probably doesn't mean he is better but it obviously means he better at getting the job done which Rivers has felled at and will continue to fail at.

Southstander
05-05-2010, 08:22 PM

You have no case. One of those two season for Brady he was out for most of the season.

If Peyton and Brees are the only one with cases why did you post this?

Originally Posted by ChargersDivison
In fact, name 1...

Manning has won the NFL MVP the past two years (Both the Associated Press NFL POY/MVP Award and Pro Football Writers Association NFL MVP Award).

If Rivers that much better of a player he would have won a League MVP award.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
in the 2005 SB? hell yes they would have, they would have won with tebow as their QB. :laugh:

9/21 123 yards 0 TD's 2 int's

that performance makes jamarcus russell look good. :D

I doubt Russell or any other QB would look effective in a super bowl against a top 5 defense coming into the game at the time....

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:27 PM
If anything you are owning yourself and its quite funny :laugh: Comparing old QB era to modern? Yeah you are defintely owning yourself. And Eli isn't considered Top 10 nor anyone on that terrible Giants team. He had his best year when they wont the Super Bowl and he was considered top 10 at that time. Eversince they won the Super Bowl they have been slackers. Just like Rivers has for his whole career. It probably doesn't mean he is better but it obviously means he better at getting the job done which Rivers has felled at and will continue to fail at.

You don't even make sense, seriously. Rivers is superior to Ben and Matt, it really is that simple. There isn't even a case to make, real talk.

Rivers is one of the clutchest QB's in the NFL and winningest.

Don't compare team achievements and link them to the quality of players.

It's stupid! QB's don't win SB's, teams do. Talent is 1 of the little variables in the many that go into winning a SB.

Without Harrison's 100 yd int for TD in the SB, PIT losses the SB, period.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
You have no case. One of those two season for Brady he was out for most of the season.

If Peyton and Brees are the only one with cases why did you post this?

Manning has won the NFL MVP the past two years (Both the Associated Press NFL POY/MVP Award and Pro Football Writers Association NFL MVP Award).

If Rivers that much better of a player he would have won a League MVP award.

MVP is not about "BEST PLAYER". Rivers has been the best QB the past 2 years. Check the numbers, they don't lie. I said name 1 and said Brees and Peyton only ones with even a hint of a case, but not much of one.

We aren't talking career. Just recently transitioning to currently and carrying over to moving forward.

Southstander
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
MVP is not about "BEST PLAYER". Rivers has been the best QB the past 2 years. Check the numbers, they don't lie. I said name 1 and said Brees and Peyton only ones with even a hint of a case, but not much of one.

We aren't talking career. Just recently transitioning to currently and carrying over to moving forward.

Rivers is a good even a great QB, but right now I would take the ones I listed over him.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
You don't even make sense, seriously. Rivers is superior to Ben and Matt, it really is that simple. There isn't even a case to make, real talk.

Rivers is one of the clutchest QB's in the NFL and winningest.

Don't compare team achievements and link them to the quality of players.

It's stupid! QB's don't win SB's, teams do. Talent is 1 of the little variables in the many that go into winning a SB.

Without Harrison's 100 yd int for TD in the SB, PIT losses the SB, period.

You don't make sense, You talking about a QB who has achieved absolutely nothing compared to a HOF QB and a QB who won 2 Super Bowls in the past decade. Yeah there isn't a case to make. Ughh here we go again about that "winningest" QB crap. Ill just let you embarrase yourself this time :D. QBs don't win QBs? Wow your absolutely correct. So I guess that means the Chargers suck then since talent is a little variables. Actually the way you make it sound you guys are better of getting rid of Rivers since only teams win Super Bowls. :laugh:

Thors Hammer
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Most Valuable Player. How is that difficult to understand? Did you think it had something to do with the best team? We like to call that a "Super Bowl Champion." But being a Charger fan, you probably have no idea what that means.

SLVR and Black
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow, this is a complete reversal of your opinion, seriously.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Rivers is a good even a great QB, but right now I would take the ones I listed over him.

Well enjoy having inferior QB's then.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
You don't make sense, You talking about a QB who has achieved absolutely nothing compared to a HOF QB and a QB who won 2 Super Bowls in the past decade. Yeah there isn't a case to make. Ughh here we go again about that "winningest" QB crap. Ill just let you embarrase yourself this time :D. QBs don't win QBs? Wow your absolutely correct. So I guess that means the Chargers suck then since talent is a little variables. Actually the way you make it sound you guys are better of getting rid of Rivers since only teams win Super Bowls. :laugh:

This coming from the guy who put Schaub as the 3rd best QB in the NFL. Same Schaub who has never made the playoffs. LMAO!

Rivers is one of the winningest QB's in NFL history, it's a fact. Winning is winning, there is no special made up "CHAMPIONSHIP" criteria that only qualifies something as winning. As in if you don't win a SB, you are a loser. Winners win games and Rivers has been one of the best ever in terms of winning and one of the most clutch QB's in the NFL, many links I can post to illustrate that,

Talent is one of the small variables. It takes health, momentum, luck, etc, etc, etc, etc, coaching, great game plan, execution, etc, etc, etc.

You are beyond silly.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Most Valuable Player. How is that difficult to understand? Did you think it had something to do with the best team? We like to call that a "Super Bowl Champion." But being a Charger fan, you probably have no idea what that means.

Not sure what world you live in, but VALUABLE does not = BEST.

Southstander
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Well enjoy having inferior QB's then.

You really need to take off you homer glasses. If Rivers was a good as you say he is he would carry you to the Super Bowl.

Funny how you down play numbers for other QB, but play them up for Rivers.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
You really need to take off you homer glasses. If Rivers was a good as you say he is he would carry you to the Super Bowl.

Funny how you down play numbers for other QB, but play them up for Rivers.

Every QB who made the SB the past decade was aided heavily by their team and health of their team. Something Rivers has not had yet.

Peyton was considered the best QB in the NFL, prior to 06 when he made it to the SB and had like 4 playoff wins in 9 years.

Knock it off. Rivers is the #1 QB right now in the NFL.

TheQBGuru
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM

Value is subjective. That was his point.

Joshecalpoly
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Value is subjective. That was his point.

Its subjective, but you need a majority vote to win. Its about as subjective as an election

SLVR and Black
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Every QB who made the SB the past decade was aided heavily by their team and health of their team. Something Rivers has not had yet.Uhmmm, for the last few years, all we've been hearing is that they've had more talent than any other roster in the NFL. What do they need to get them over the hump, for opposing teams to wear their helmets backwards?

TheQBGuru
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2008

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2008

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

BEST IN THE BUSINESS, PERIOD, REALLY!

If Tebow did half as good or as much as Rivers, Den fans would call him one of the best ever. Silly little rodents. You'd chop your arms off and trade your whole team for Rivers.

Damn. Rivers' YPA is straight ridiculous.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Uhmmm, for the last few years, all we've been hearing is that they've had more talent than any other roster in the NFL. What do they need to get them over the hump, for opposing teams to wear their helmets backwards?

Talent and execution are two different things, especially in 1 and done games. Either you are extremely uneducated in football, or your all shtick of sarcasm as witty rebuttals is getting to your head. You are failing miserably.

Not to mention health. How good can talent be when it's injured.

Amari24
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh my bad, you put Schaub who has played 1 full NFL season, who has a losing record, never made the playoffs and never done squat listed as at worst #4.

Rivers at his worst >>>>>>> Ben and Schaub. Just admit you failed and deal with it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2008

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2008

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

BEST IN THE BUSINESS, PERIOD, REALLY!

If Tebow did half as good or as much as Rivers, Den fans would call him one of the best ever. Silly little rodents. You'd chop your arms off and trade your whole team for Rivers.

1.Schaub played as a back up for HALF of his career..Get it through your head

2.Schaub is still getting used to the Texans offense but hes really adapted to it greatly as you saw last season.

3. The Texans wern't a playoff team to begin with nor were the Falcons and Schaub manage to get them their first winning season in years. Imagine if Rivers was a bench player half his career and he got traded to the Raiders and it took him 2 years to get them a winning record and a good season himself. Sounds simple does?...:rolleyes: Look at your QB before you say someone hasn't done SQUAT. Especially for the proclaimed BEST QB in the NFL

4. ROD I have to admit though your post always give some comedic relief. :laugh:

Amari24
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Talent and execution are two different things, especially in 1 and done games. Either you are extremely uneducated in football, or your all shtick of sarcasm as witty rebuttals is getting to your head. You are failing miserably.

Not to mention health. How good can talent be when it's injured.

Exactly, and this is why I fail to see why you reached for Ryan Mathews :laugh:

Joshecalpoly
05-05-2010, 09:12 PM
For many years the skins had one of the best stacked teams in FB they had the highest salary in FB and they still didnt win. Teams have won with little talent but it takes good leaders to take a mediocre team to the pinnacles of success something Rivers is lacking.

SLVR and Black
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Talent and execution are two different things, especially in 1 and done games.So you're saying that AJ's good at bringing in talent, but not so good about bringing in players who know how to execute? Or is it more that AJ isn't so good at bringing in a coaching staff who knows how to teach discipline?

Not to mention health. How good can talent be when it's injured.Every single team in the NFL has injuries after the very first play, deal with it. The only reason why you're pointing this out now is that, for a few years, the Chargers were very, very lucky when it came to injuries.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
1.Schaub played as a back up for HALF of his career..Get it through your head

2.Schaub is still getting used to the Texans offense but hes really adapted to it greatly as you saw last season.

3. The Texans wern't a playoff team to begin with nor were the Falcons and Schaub manage to get them their first winning season in years. Imagine if Rivers was a bench player half his career and he got traded to the Raiders and it took him 2 years to get them a winning record and a good season himself. Sounds simple does?...:rolleyes: Look at your QB before you say someone hasn't done SQUAT. Especially for the proclaimed BEST QB in the NFL

4. ROD I have to admit though your post always give some comedic relief. :laugh:

lol no wonder you are happy with Tebow, Orton and Quinn. If your standards are a winning season is a accomplishment.

Rivers in his first year starting accomplished more than Schaub has his whole career.

Schaub is nowhere close to Rivers level. Continue to look like a tool, it's adorable. Matt Schaub >> Rivers, hahaha :incomplete: One of the epic fails in smack forum history. Congrats noob!

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Exactly, and this is why I fail to see why you reached for Ryan Mathews :laugh:

And lack of talent is why I fail to see why you reached for Thomas and Tebow. :salute:

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
For many years the skins had one of the best stacked teams in FB they had the highest salary in FB and they still didnt win. Teams have won with little talent but it takes good leaders to take a mediocre team to the pinnacles of success something Rivers is lacking.

Rivers has great leadership, not good.

ChargersDivison
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
So you're saying that AJ's good at bringing in talent, but not so good about bringing in players who know how to execute? Or is it more that AJ isn't so good at bringing in a coaching staff who knows how to teach discipline?

Every single team in the NFL has injuries after the very first play, deal with it. The only reason why you're pointing this out now is that, for a few years, the Chargers were very, very lucky when it came to injuries.

Execution is execution. It Took Jordan and the Bulls what 8 years to win it.

Talent is top echelon. Coaching is good enough, GM is best in the business. Time is a virtue. SD has all the time in the world. Success is pattern of evolution. Execution comes with maturity. SD talent and skilled has been immature at times on defense. Very immature. In 07 and 08 they ran into better teams on the road, HEAVILY INJURED to PROBOWL STAR PLAYERS. Not fill in players or role players.

SD lucky when it comes to injuries?? Are you drinking tonight?

IgorBStrange
05-06-2010, 02:11 AM

We did in 06, 07 and 09.

Your team has been the class of the AFC West for the past few years, but facts are facts.
Your team owned the Division in the early 1980's and have nothing to show for it in terms of SB appearances or wins.
Your team has owned the Division for the past few years and still have nothing to show for it in terms of SB appearances or wins.

Call it what you will, but every other team in this Division has something to show for the years they dominated the Division in both SB appearances and at least one WIN in a SB.

Maybe you guys should call Stan Humphries out of retirement and have him show Phyllis how to at least get to a SB. Please! Your team has, throughout the history of this Division since the merger in 1970, done nothing to make the rest of the teams proud.

You guys talk the talk, but you must also walk the walk.

karnage
05-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Execution is execution. It Took Jordan and the Bulls what 8 years to win it.

Talent is top echelon. Coaching is good enough, GM is best in the business. Time is a virtue. SD has all the time in the world. Success is pattern of evolution. Execution comes with maturity. SD talent and skilled has been immature at times on defense. Very immature. In 07 and 08 they ran into better teams on the road, HEAVILY INJURED to PROBOWL STAR PLAYERS. Not fill in players or role players.

SD lucky when it comes to injuries?? Are you drinking tonight?

dude just give up already...SD is a team that is built to score and win in the regular season (primarily because of a weak overall division), but they are not built to win in the playoffs...the coaching is not good enough or they would have won already...SD is a good team in a weak division that can get hot and light up the scoreboard...at the end of the day they have no running game and a mediocre defense...the problem? in the AFC alone the Colts and Pats have the same situation with much better QB's....it's one thing to be a fan it's quite another to be stupid....fyi you're in the latter group....think it through or ask your mom...she'll explain....maybe...

SLVR and Black
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Success is pattern of evolution. Execution comes with maturity. SD talent and skilled has been immature at times on defense. Very immature. Look at any recent dynasty caliber team, they've won championships quickly -- the Niners under Walsh, the Cowboys under Johnson, the Pats under Belichick and yes, the Bulls under Jackson -- he became HC in '89 and they won in '91.

SD lucky when it comes to injuries?? For a few years they were. For the last two however, they've been like every other team in the NFL -- losing players at key positions due to injury and let's face it, they're all key positions.

Joshecalpoly
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Nothing is more key then QB and even though Orton is not an elite QB its like having an interim coach telling you what to do. Even losing your QB for a little bit can hit a team emotionally. So if you want to claim CD that your team has injury issues and thats why you lose we can claim that as a reason we lost. Although it isnt true. Every team has injuries heck a few years ago the Broncos almost broke a record for most injuries in a season.

Rivers has great leadership, not good.
I hate to dis Carmelo but I feel Rivers is like him. Carmelo is not a leader he is a scorer and one of the best in the league. He can take teams far on his back but cannot inspire them to get over the hump. Rivers is one of the most skilled QB's in the NFL but lacks the leadership ability to drive his team to the playoffs. Both can improve this asset but both tend to alienate teammates with their attitudes. Eli is not better then Rivers and he even is way to introverted IMO to be a QB but he had leadership in the locker room that helped him achieve the goal of being a champion. Many say that leadership came from Strahan, so its not impossible for you guys to make it if someone steps up.

Heck Brad Johnson has one upped you guys because he had some leadership capabilities. Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostelter, and personally I am not a fan of Doug Williams even though he beat Elway. These are less then lack luster QB's who won the SB. Heck I could give you a list of ones who lost because even they have proven more as of yet.

Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, (Many would include Ken Anderson, Boomer, McNair, Gannon and McNabb in this but I am not sure about that), Kerry Collins, Neil O'Donnell, Stan Humphries(sorry he belongs here to), Tony Eason, Ron Jaworski, Vince Ferragamo, Craig Morton (its only fair since I put Humphries but he took 2 teams to the SB only a handful has ever done that), Billy Kilmer, and Joe Kapp(probably the worst of the bunch)

TheQBGuru
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I think a broncos fans dream right now would be to get Cutler back.

chazoe60
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Yeah we hate not having 30 INTs from our QB, just hate it. Some guru you are.

JakeNbake
05-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Only Broncos fans that want to lose.

Joshecalpoly
05-06-2010, 12:05 PM

14-27 in the pros. 7-15 in college. Making him 21-42. Doesnt sound like much of a winner lol.

Cutler2007
05-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Nobody discounts your history getting to the SB...or, winning the SB. But, San Diego is the superior team last season. That's the point.

Corrected for accuracy...no one knows who will be the best team this year.

SLVR and Black
05-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Corrected for accuracy...no one knows who will be the best team this year.Yep, everyone's 0-0 at this point, tied in the division with both Oakland and KC. :P

JakeNbake
05-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep, everyone's 0-0 at this point, tied in the division with both Oakland and KC. :P

Yes yes we are, I'm not sleeping on any team in our division this year. Both KC and Oakland have seemed to improved quite a bit. And our moves so far I think have the biggest Risk.

I'm hoping McD comes off looking brilliant.

Joshecalpoly
05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
It's the NFL anything can happen. Injuries or the failing of opponents or even a lucky or bad luck streak. All things are possible and all things can lead to a division title. The Raiders have Campbell and the Chiefs added some veteran leadership on their line. While we added veterans on our D-line and some young offensive prospects. The Chargers were good last year but besides the RB situation which may or may not pan out (and Donald Butler maybe good depth to the LB core as well as Cam Thomas being potential starter in the future) I dont see much of a difference.

Only time will tell who will win the division or who will make the playoffs.

ERoyal248
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM

Your 2-2 against Denver the past 2 years, so dominant.. The way you Charger fans talk, you would figured they have won a SB by now.

baphamet
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah we hate not having 30 INTs from our QB, just hate it. Some guru you are.

maybe so but i bet many of you truly miss shanahan right about now, that is for sure. :D

ERoyal248
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
maybe so but i bet many of you truly miss shanahan right about now, that is for sure. :D

Nope, sure as heck dont.. If we had Shanahan, our defense would near the bottom of the NFL. link to where half of this board wants Shanahan, back, thanks. In McDaniels first year, at least he fixed the defense, didnt have much to work with other then Champ, Doom and DJ. We needed 8 new starters, better depth, coaching, etc and finished 7th in the NFL in overall defense.. I dont want to see Engelberger, McCree, Manuel, Winborn, any of those garbage players in Denver. If it was just smack, i can understand, but not many here want Shanahan back. :salute:

baphamet
05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Nope, sure as heck dont.. If we had Shanahan, our defense would near the bottom of the NFL. link to where half of this board wants Shanahan, back, thanks. In McDaniels first year, at least he fixed the defense, didnt have much to work with other then Champ, Doom and DJ. We needed 8 new starters, better depth, coaching, etc and finished 7th in the NFL in overall defense.. I dont want to see Engelberger, McCree, Manuel, Winborn, any of those garbage players in Denver. If it was just smack, i can understand, but not many here want Shanahan back. :salute:

lol calm down little buddy, i never said most of you or even half, did i?

MANY of you do, i know i would if i was a donkey fan. your coach is running your team into the ground and i love it! :dance:

i have read your boards, lots of your fans hate MCD (and rightfully so). but really, even if half of you did want shanahan back, did you really expect me to link them here? LOL? :confused:

ERoyal248
05-06-2010, 01:56 PM

MANY of you do, i know i would if i was a donkey fan. your coach is running your team into the ground and i love it! :dance:

i have read your boards, lots of your fans hate MCD (and rightfully so). but really, even if half of you did want shanahan back, did you really expect me to link them here? LOL? :confused:

How exactly, i would like to know..

He's improved the defense in his time here then Shanny did the past 2 years when he was in 07 and 08. Other then Cutler and Marshall, what has he done wrong.. As much as i like Marshall, he's one mistake away from a suspension, and we would of had to give him a massive contract, he's making QB money for a WR at 11.5 mil a yr.. Cutler, only time will tell, but we got a boatload in return.. The drafts are too early to tell, other then Moreno, no one played that much last year. He's making the team better, 1-53, not just a few players.. Improved the DL with quality veterans and have better depth, OL is much improved, LG/C positions cant be worse then last year, many other moves.. Your a Dolt fan, so it's typical.

:salute:

Joshecalpoly
05-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Still I guarantee we sell out every game like weve done for the last 40 years. Something that didnt happen when your team was even sub-par. We are 2nd in the league for most consecutive sold out games next to Washington.

Heck between us and SF the tickets in London sold out in 90 min. In fact as of now I heard only the Sept. 11 game is left.

baphamet
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
How exactly, i would like to know..

He's improved the defense in his time here then Shanny did the past 2 years when he was in 07 and 08. Other then Cutler and Marshall, what has he done wrong.. As much as i like Marshall, he's one mistake away from a suspension, and we would of had to give him a massive contract, he's making QB money for a WR at 11.5 mil a yr.. Cutler, only time will tell, but we got a boatload in return.. The drafts are too early to tell, other then Moreno, no one played that much last year. He's making the team better, 1-53, not just a few players.. Improved the DL with quality veterans and have better depth, OL is much improved, LG/C positions cant be worse then last year, many other moves.. Your a Dolt fan, so it's typical.

:salute:

well IMO the defense being good should not be credited as much to MCD other than getting the players, a lot of that goes to nolan.

if your defense remains top 10 this year then i will definitely give him his props for that, i highly doubt it will happen though.

also, regardless of the bad decisions he has made with cutler, marshal, and parting ways with nolan ( nobody ever mentions that one and i think its pretty huge) the offense took a huge step back......it will likely not be very good this year either.

if the defense doesn't perform (like i said previously) i truly think the broncos will be a 5 or 6 win team at best.

at least with shanahan you had the good passing attack and good running game year after year.

idk why shanarat wouldn't just get a good DC like nolan (i am sure there is a reason), that would have been epic for you guys IMO

remember, MCD is a supposed "offensive genius" yet that is the part of the team that has struggled the most the instant he stepped foot in Denver.

ironic that was the strength the moment shanahan left, isnt it? ;)

Amari24
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM

How is McD running our team into the ground? Hes improved on everything that Shanny couldn't do. One notable assest is the defense. We had one of the worst defenses a few years ago and we had top 10 defense at the end of last season. I fail to see how that is running our team into the ground. He got rid of a DUI Magnet tht wanted a HUGE contract. And a Cry-baby QB that ends up throwning 26 picks on his new team. Orton had a way.......better year than cutler its not even funny. So again how is that running our team into the ground. Please explain Baph :salute!:

baphamet
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Still I guarantee we sell out every game like weve done for the last 40 years. Something that didnt happen when your team was even sub-par. We are 2nd in the league for most consecutive sold out games next to Washington.

Heck between us and SF the tickets in London sold out in 90 min. In fact as of now I heard only the Sept. 11 game is left.

that's cool, i am actually interested to see what your fan base will do if they had to sit through a few horrible seasons like the rest of the division has. (i kn ow you guys did pre-elway, i am talking about this generation of fans)

does Oakland sell out every game anymore? i think KC still does but half the stadium doesnt show up. :smug:

baphamet
05-06-2010, 02:22 PM
How is McD running our team into the ground? Hes improved on everything that Shanny couldn't do. One notable assest is the defense. We had one of the worst defenses a few years ago and we had top 10 defense at the end of last season. I fail to see how that is running our team into the ground. He got rid of a DUI Magnet tht wanted a HUGE contract. And a Cry-baby QB that ends up throwning 26 picks on his new team. Orton had a way.......better year than cutler its not even funny. So again how is that running our team into the ground. Please explain Baph :salute!:

please read my last post, i already did. :)

edit: actually the post before that one LOL

Joshecalpoly
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Yeah Shanny used to get rid of players just for being accused of taking steroids. We were consistently last in the league in penalties and were a team that people dubbed the anti-Raiders. Shanny became obsessed with winning and his belief in a high quality team with good character blinded him to reality. He also started believing he had just as much eye for defensive talent as he did for offense. He even took risks on players like Maurice who was showing character issues which is why we even got him in the 3rd.

that's cool, i am actually interested to see what your fan base will do if they had to sit through a few horrible seasons like the rest of the division has. (i kn ow you guys did pre-elway, i am talking about this generation of fans)

does Oakland sell out every game anymore? i think KC still does but half the stadium doesnt show up. :smug: You try showing up to every game when its below freezing point. Its hard. Your right my generation of fans are to used to winning and are lazy they may not sell out anymore after a few years but we are still on tops.

ERoyal248
05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
well IMO the defense being good should not be credited as much to MCD other than getting the players, a lot of that goes to nolan.

if your defense remains top 10 this year then i will definitely give him his props for that, i highly doubt it will happen though.

also, regardless of the bad decisions he has made with cutler, marshal, and parting ways with nolan ( nobody ever mentions that one and i think its pretty huge) the offense took a huge step back......it will likely not be very good this year either.

if the defense doesn't perform (like i said previously) i truly think the broncos will be a 5 or 6 win team at best.

at least with shanahan you had the good passing attack and good running game year after year.

idk why shanarat wouldn't just get a good DC like nolan (i am sure there is a reason), that would have been epic for you guys IMO

remember, MCD is a supposed "offensive genius" yet that is the part of the team that has struggled the most the instant he stepped foot in Denver.

5-6 win team, your going to be eating a lot of crow this year.. We won 8 games, could of won 10 given a break here and there. Ryan Harris, our RT was out for the last 8 games, LG/C positions were horrendous and will be upgraded without question, couldnt block a blind squirrel. We couldnt convert on 3rd and short, our new power OL will do wonders for Knowshon and the other RB's on the team.. Our schedule on paper is easier then last year, when we had one of the toughest schedules last year.

Nolan, did Nolan bring in Goodman, Dawk, Hill, Davis, Fields, Holliday, etc.. Did Nolan bring in Nunnelly, Martindale, all the new coaches on the defensive side of the ball. No, McDaniels and Xanders did.. If Nolan was such a great coordinator, why did our defense suck the last 4 games of the season..

We lost Marshall, but added Thomas and Decker, two of the top 5 WR's in the draft.. Royal will reak havoc in the slot, Knowshon will do much better with an improved OL, and he wont have a PCL injury all season.. Our OL will be a main reason, and Orton's 2nd year in the system and many other reasons that i dont feel like explaining..

McDaniels is supposed to be an offensive genius, he admitted he made mistakes by not throwing to Royal last season, and many other things. He was a ROOKIE coach, not a 10 year coach, what did you expect, for him to lead us to a SB as a rookie head coach.

Oh and :helmet::helmet: BLAM BLAM

Amari24
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM

1. According to the "Denver with no 1000 yard rusher" drought Shanny didn't do anything thats significant to what McD did with Moreno and Buckhalter

2. Getting rid of a QB that ends up throwing 26 picks is taking a step back?

3. I can understand with Marshall but if he got another DUI he would of easily gotten a suspension so he wouldn't be able to play anyways. That would bring our offense a step down. And plus he wanted MVP QB money.

4. If the offense performs I don't think we will have to rely on the defense as much as we did last season.

:salute!:

ChargersDivison
05-06-2010, 06:03 PM
dude just give up already...SD is a team that is built to score and win in the regular season (primarily because of a weak overall division), but they are not built to win in the playoffs...the coaching is not good enough or they would have won already...SD is a good team in a weak division that can get hot and light up the scoreboard...at the end of the day they have no running game and a mediocre defense...the problem? in the AFC alone the Colts and Pats have the same situation with much better QB's....it's one thing to be a fan it's quite another to be stupid....fyi you're in the latter group....think it through or ask your mom...she'll explain....maybe...

Yeah that explains why SD's defense always give Brady and Peyton trouble and Rivers owns Indy's D and INDY in general we own them.

Last time we played NE Rivers owned their D to.

Weird how they have much better QB's, but he has out played them both the past 2 years, by a good margin too, to boot.

ChargersDivison
05-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Look at any recent dynasty caliber team, they've won championships quickly -- the Niners under Walsh, the Cowboys under Johnson, the Pats under Belichick and yes, the Bulls under Jackson -- he became HC in '89 and they won in '91.

For a few years they were. For the last two however, they've been like every other team in the NFL -- losing players at key positions due to injury and let's face it, they're all key positions.

Dal won it, in Johnson's 4th year. This will be Norv's 4th year.

SF won it in Walsh's 3rd year. 1 in his first 5 years.

How about Indy with Dungy or PIT with Cowher

Yes NE won it in their 2nd year.

This will be Norv's 4th year.

SD was heavily injured in 07, 08 and 09. 09 not as much as 07 and 08. 09 they just failed, mostly Kaeding.

There is no panic here yet.

ChargersDivison
05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Nothing is more key then QB and even though Orton is not an elite QB its like having an interim coach telling you what to do. Even losing your QB for a little bit can hit a team emotionally. So if you want to claim CD that your team has injury issues and thats why you lose we can claim that as a reason we lost. Although it isnt true. Every team has injuries heck a few years ago the Broncos almost broke a record for most injuries in a season.

I hate to dis Carmelo but I feel Rivers is like him. Carmelo is not a leader he is a scorer and one of the best in the league. He can take teams far on his back but cannot inspire them to get over the hump. Rivers is one of the most skilled QB's in the NFL but lacks the leadership ability to drive his team to the playoffs. Both can improve this asset but both tend to alienate teammates with their attitudes. Eli is not better then Rivers and he even is way to introverted IMO to be a QB but he had leadership in the locker room that helped him achieve the goal of being a champion. Many say that leadership came from Strahan, so its not impossible for you guys to make it if someone steps up.

Heck Brad Johnson has one upped you guys because he had some leadership capabilities. Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostelter, and personally I am not a fan of Doug Williams even though he beat Elway. These are less then lack luster QB's who won the SB. Heck I could give you a list of ones who lost because even they have proven more as of yet.

Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, (Many would include Ken Anderson, Boomer, McNair, Gannon and McNabb in this but I am not sure about that), Kerry Collins, Neil O'Donnell, Stan Humphries(sorry he belongs here to), Tony Eason, Ron Jaworski, Vince Ferragamo, Craig Morton (its only fair since I put Humphries but he took 2 teams to the SB only a handful has ever done that), Billy Kilmer, and Joe Kapp(probably the worst of the bunch)

So basically any QB who made or won a SB has leadership and anyone who hasn't doesn't? That's flat out insane. Rivers is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He inspires his team to play hard. Why do you think under Rivers slow starts have never been the end of SD and they always end in flurries. There is other variables to why teams win big games or lose them. Why do you think even against better teams and injured SD has played virtually all there playoff games close even on the road injured vs undefeated dynasties or #1 defenses with kickers missing kicks and no running games?

It's due to Rivers phenomenal leadership. Not just on offense either. It's why you see Rivers never with bad body language head down mopping off the field sitting on the bench licking his wounds. He fights for his team with the refs for calls, he stands on the sideline with team mates and fires up defensive players on the field.

He is the epitome of a leader, real talk.

SLVR and Black
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM

SD was heavily injured in 07, 08 and 09. 09 not as much as 07 and 08. 09 they just failed, mostly Kaeding.

Walsh inherited a trainwreck of a team, Belichick inherited a team on decline. I wouldn't call Indy or Pit dynasties. Norv had all of the pieces in place and has yet to do anything. Neither Johnson, Walsh or Belichick, who were the three that I mentioned and the only three recent dynasties in the NFL, had anywhere near the talent, starting with the QB position. What was Norv lacking? Oh that's right, the Charger injury exception, which obviously only applies to the Chargers.

Amari24
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Talk to me when Matt has back to back 104 QB rating seasons, when he is a multiple probowler, not a ALTERNATE after 5 QB's decline.

Talk to me when he makes the playoffs 4 years in a row and has atleast 3 PO wins and wins the division 4 times.

Matt is nowhere close to Rivers and you know it. No one in their right mind would take Matt over Rivers, it's just ignorant. Peyton and Brees only ones with even remotely a argument.

ROD do you even know what your typing half the time? Its funny you say Schaub isn't a real pro bowler; yet he had argubly the best performance in the whole game. How much of an argument are you making by saying "come talk to me when Schaub makes the playoffs 4 years in a row"? "Talk to me when he has atleast 3 playoff wins". Him and Andre Johnson are slowly turning a "rebuilding" team into a playoff caliber team! Hes been a backup for half of his career on a non playoff team! How hard is that to comprehend? Where as Rivers was already on a loaded team and a playoff team for the previous 4 years unlike Schaub. Rivers also didn't sit on the bench for half his career and didn't spend learning a system on a new "rebuilding" team for 2 years. Make a valid arguement for once. "I" would choose Schaub over Rivers. Thats just ME personally. Call me ignorant if you want. Im sure many people on these boards feel the same way about you. Hell even your fellow Charger fans find you ignorant. And I dont know about that last statement. Favre at age 40 sure looked just as good if not better than Rivers this season.

ChargersDivison
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Walsh inherited a trainwreck of a team, Belichick inherited a team on decline. I wouldn't call Indy or Pit dynasties. Norv had all of the pieces in place and has yet to do anything. Neither Johnson, Walsh or Belichick, who were the three that I mentioned and the only three recent dynasties in the NFL, had anywhere near the talent, starting with the QB position. What was Norv lacking? Oh that's right, the Charger injury exception, which obviously only applies to the Chargers.

Name me the probowlers SF, Dal and or NE had injured in their SB runs??

Norv's first year took the team to AFCC game. Better than all those coaches.

Than had a bad 8-8 season riddled with injuries and some bad breaks. Then just went 13-3 and got upset by 3 points by #1 defense. It's not nearly as bad as you attempt to make it out to be.

ChargersDivison
05-06-2010, 06:39 PM
ROD do you even know what your typing half the time? Its funny you say Schaub isn't a real pro bowler yet he had argubly the best performance in the whole game. How much of an argument are you making by saying "come talk to me when Schaub makes the playoffs 4 years in a row"? "Talk to me when he has atleast 3 playoff wins" Him and Andre Johnson are slowly turning a "rebuilding" team into a playoff caliber team! Hes been a backup for half of his career on a non playoff team! How hard is that to comprehend? Where as Rivers was already on a loaded team and a playoff team for the previous 4 years unlike Schaub. Rivers also didn't sit on the bench for half his career and didn't spend learning a system on a new "rebuilding" team for 2 years. Make a valid arguement for once. I would choose Schaub on my over Rivers. Thats just me personaly. Call me ignorant if you want. Im sure many people on these boards call you that all the time. Hell even your fellow Charger fans find you ignorant. And I dont know about that. Favre at age 40 sure looked better than Rivers this season.

Oh you mean like Rivers sitting for 2 years??

You mean like Rivers taking a team who made the playoffs 1 time in 11 years to 4 straight playoffs and division titles including 14-2 and 13-3 seasons and a 11-5 AFCC appearance, who has had back to back 28 plus td seasons, back to back 4000 yd seasons and back to back 104 QB rating seasons (Only done 3 times in NFL history) with no running game past 2 years.

Rivers has higher QB rating, higher avg, higher TD%, lower int% than Brees, Peyton, Brady, Ben, Favre, Rodgers and your boy Matt past 2 years and that's with no help in the running game.

Like I said past couple of years/currently/going forward Brees and Peyton only have cases, but not much of them.

Amari24
05-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh you mean like Rivers sitting for 2 years??
You mean like Rivers taking a team who made the playoffs 1 time in 11 years to 4 straight playoffs and division titles including 14-2 and 13-3 seasons and a 11-5 AFCC appearance, who has had back to back 28 plus td seasons, back to back 4000 yd seasons and back to back 104 QB rating seasons (Only done 3 times in NFL history) with no running game past 2 years.

Rivers has higher QB rating, higher avg, higher TD%, lower int% than Brees, Peyton, Brady, Ben, Favre, Rodgers and your boy Matt past 2 years and that's with no help in the running game.

Like I said past couple of years/currently/going forward Brees and Peyton only have cases, but not much of them.

1. 2 years isn't half of River's career so that point itself is invalid. And to be fair, Schaub spent the amount of time learning a new system on a bad team for the same ammount of time Rivers spent on the bench his whole career. :salute!:

2. The funny part about most of those guys you mentioned in that list is that they have something Rivers doesn't. A RING :smug: and why even include Matt Schuab in that list anyways? Like I said before he was still LEARNING A NEW SYSTEM on a HORRIBLE team for the past 2 years. And hopefully thats the last time I have to say that. Rivers had no help in the running game thats true (even though SD is a pass first team). Guess who else didn't have any help in the running game? Manning and Schaub. In fact both of there teams were amongst the worst in rushing this year. And Manning carried his team to the Super Bowl and Schaub carried his "rebuilding' team nearly to the playoffs.

3. And like I said before; Favre looked just as good if not better than Rivers at age 40 last season. So I would sprinkle him in there along with Brees and Manning.

IgorBStrange
05-07-2010, 02:10 AM

Uh, I hate to break it to you but.......

You are not counting the years Norval coached Oakland and the Redskins. You know, the Redskins who were a very good team when he took over and turned them into mediocre.

Yes, he is in his fourth year in SD, but look at his record year by year and PLEASE explain why you guys blew it every time? Your team HAS talent, even HAD talent when he took over a VERY GOOD team from Marty and yet you have no ring, nada, nothing to show for it except dominating a VERY WEAK AFC West.

Now once again we fans of the other teams hear you guys bragging about how your team will "dominate" again. Please tell me how? I look at all the other teams rosters and see improvements everywhere, and your team having to rely on a lot of younger, new guys who need leadership to take the next step. Where are they going to find it? Merriman? Phillips? Phyllis? Be real, your "team" players like Manumaleuga are gone.

Joshecalpoly
05-07-2010, 04:02 AM
So basically any QB who made or won a SB has leadership and anyone who hasn't doesn't? That's flat out insane. Rivers is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He inspires his team to play hard. Why do you think under Rivers slow starts have never been the end of SD and they always end in flurries. There is other variables to why teams win big games or lose them. Why do you think even against better teams and injured SD has played virtually all there playoff games close even on the road injured vs undefeated dynasties or #1 defenses with kickers missing kicks and no running games?

It's due to Rivers phenomenal leadership. Not just on offense either. It's why you see Rivers never with bad body language head down mopping off the field sitting on the bench licking his wounds. He fights for his team with the refs for calls, he stands on the sideline with team mates and fires up defensive players on the field.

He is the epitome of a leader, real talk.
No but you need to have leadership to be a winning QB. Many mediocre QBs have been SB winners all because they inspired their team to greatness. Rivers has skills but that only gets you so far he has yet to prove he has the leadership ability to take his team to the SB let alone win it.

Boltheads
05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Uh, I hate to break it to you but.......

You are not counting the years Norval coached Oakland and the Redskins. You know, the Redskins who were a very good team when he took over and turned them into mediocre.

Yes, he is in his fourth year in SD, but look at his record year by year and PLEASE explain why you guys blew it every time? Your team HAS talent, even HAD talent when he took over a VERY GOOD team from Marty and yet you have no ring, nada, nothing to show for it except dominating a VERY WEAK AFC West.

Now once again we fans of the other teams hear you guys bragging about how your team will "dominate" again. Please tell me how? I look at all the other teams rosters and see improvements everywhere, and your team having to rely on a lot of younger, new guys who need leadership to take the next step. Where are they going to find it? Merriman? Phillips? Phyllis? Be real, your "team" players like Manumaleuga are gone.So, what I hear you saying is that the Chargers aren't as talented as they have been over the past four years. If that's the case, then Norv should get Coach of the Year if he can somehow find a way to get a weak San Diego team into the playoffs.

Boltheads
05-07-2010, 06:40 AM
No but you need to have leadership to be a winning QB. Many mediocre QBs have been SB winners all because they inspired their team to greatness. Rivers has skills but that only gets you so far he has yet to prove he has the leadership ability to take his team to the SB let alone win it.QBs get way too much credit win a team wins a SB.....and take way too much blame if they don't.

Rivers led the Chargers to 11 straight wins after a 2-3 start...and an embarassing home loss to you guys on MNF. You can question the way he handles his emotions on the field...but, his leadership is well documented - from 5 MVP awards for college Bowl games to playing in the AFCC game on a shedded knee.

theshiverman
05-07-2010, 07:11 AM
QBs get way too much credit win a team wins a SB.....and take way too much blame if they don't.

Rivers led the Chargers to 11 straight wins after a 2-3 start...and an embarassing home loss to you guys on MNF. You can question the way he handles his emotions on the field...but, his leadership is well documented - from 5 MVP awards for college Bowl games to playing in the AFCC game on a shedded knee.

Not the best Post season QB so far in his career though, winning 3 playoff games in 4 years isnt exactly the stuff of legend, i think Rivers is a good NFL QB but so far he hasent lived up to the media hype once the post season starts, good news is he still has a lot of years left, bad news is, Norv has slowly phased out the running game to support Rivers.

SLVR and Black
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Norv's first year took the team to AFCC game. Better than all those coaches.
Norv's better than Walsh, Johnson and Belichick? I can't wait to hear your logic on this one. Again, Walsh inherited a trainwreck, as did Johnson, Belichick inherited a team on the decline with Bledsoe at the helm. Norv, on the other hand, inherited a SB contender and still hasn't done it but ya, Norv is the best of the bunch, we can see that in his w/l record as a HC. :D

LSIGRAD09
05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
6-2 vs. Denver and 4 straight Division titles proves my point. And, BOTH Cutler and Orton LOST to Rivers when it mattered the most. Not in the beginning of the season....but, in the end.

Because Orton is a statue, and Cutler was too busy chatting with Rivers????

Joshecalpoly
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
QBs get way too much credit win a team wins a SB.....and take way too much blame if they don't.

Fairly true but when you have a guy like ChargersDivision who makes statements that contradict like QB's makes other players look good and a QB needs help to win you have to lower the argument to his level. Still when you have teams like the skins in the 90's and early 2000's who broke the salary cap multiple times just to try and win the SB highering players like Deion Sanders to try and get a SB, only to run up short. That proves to me that you need more then just a good team you need leadership.

QB's are generally the ones who take the team by the reins. A good leader can take an average team and make them champions and an average leader can take a good team and make them above average. In the playoffs leadership matters more because teams buckle under the pressure. Many people questioned Mannings leadership ability till he got over the hump. Every player has a role to play but generally speaking both the coach and his leaders i.e. his QB are the glue that holds it together.

ChargersDivison
05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Fairly true but when you have a guy like ChargersDivision who makes statements that contradict like QB's makes other players look good and a QB needs help to win you have to lower the argument to his level. Still when you have teams like the skins in the 90's and early 2000's who broke the salary cap multiple times just to try and win the SB highering players like Deion Sanders to try and get a SB, only to run up short. That proves to me that you need more then just a good team you need leadership.

QB's are generally the ones who take the team by the reins. A good leader can take an average team and make them champions and an average leader can take a good team and make them above average. In the playoffs leadership matters more because teams buckle under the pressure. Many people questioned Mannings leadership ability till he got over the hump. Every player has a role to play but generally speaking both the coach and his leaders i.e. his QB are the glue that holds it together.

You highly overrated what leadership can do. Leadership won't make a kicker miss 3 FG's. Leadership wont make a CB pull up on a tackle and give up a 56 yd run. Good leadership won't make a safety int a pass to end the game and fumble it, etc, etc.

Great leadership makes a team never out of it. Makes a team fight tooth and nail to the end. Great leadership makes a team excel with their back against the wall. All things SD does under Rivers.

I think you underrate how great of a QB and leader Rivers is.

Like HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY underrate.

Brancos
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
The only time the Chargers have been winners is in their fans dreams. :go:

Joshecalpoly
05-08-2010, 12:40 AM
You highly overrated what leadership can do. Leadership won't make a kicker miss 3 FG's. Leadership wont make a CB pull up on a tackle and give up a 56 yd run. Good leadership won't make a safety int a pass to end the game and fumble it, etc, etc.

Great leadership makes a team never out of it. Makes a team fight tooth and nail to the end. Great leadership makes a team excel with their back against the wall. All things SD does under Rivers.

Ok ill give you that and he and Brees (11) are even in that stat of course they both will need to be in the league for at least 4 times as long to catch up to Elways 47, on the bright side he may one day catch up to Montanas 31 or Peyton Manning's 32 (5 consecutive) or even Marinos 37.

Still even a guy like Cutler has had 8 4th quarter comebacks and many have questioned his leadership skills because he is so reserved and I guess that means Eli Manning is a better leader then Rivers because he has 17 and even if you take away his 2 years Rivers didnt play and he did he still would have 14.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_fourth_quarter_comebacks_for_Eli_Manning

duhyaj
05-08-2010, 12:51 AM

TBH I always liked Rivers in NC as I got to watch him live a few times being from that area during the time, I would have loved to see Rivers a Bronco now that hes a Charger... well I dont like him lol, seriously I know this is the smack section but Rivers is definitely a great QB and now that you guys cut the whiny Cry baby running back you all may win something bigger than a regular season game

IgorBStrange
05-08-2010, 02:41 AM

Yah, yah, yah.

Then tell me how a QB who is a real statue can lead a team with only 1 RB who gains a bit over 500 yards in a season, an OL comprised of a 235 pound LG, a LT cut by Atlanta who played OG for them, an OC who was a RT in Buffalo the year before, a CB who was a QB 2 years prior and a starting 5-9 WR who played in the semi-pro leagues 2 years prior and lead them to a 12-2 record and a SB appearance?

How can said QB check himself out of a hospital the day of the AFC Championship game so bruised up he cannot even tie his own shoes, walk onto the field and lead his team to victory? By sheer willpower and leadership where his team mates will walk through hell with him.

Craig Morton had that, as did John Elway.

Phyllis has none of that, or your team would have a pretty trophy in the case. Phyllis has had to fight for nothing in his career and it shows. FG kicker missed 3 FG's? Waaah! It should NEVER have come down to 3 FG attempts. You were playing the J-E-T-S, a rookie QB, RB and HC. Norv should have had blitz packages from hell waiting for the kid to confuse the daylights out of him and drive Rex Ryan insane. Any Coach worth his salt would have had the gameplan that no one on that team had ever seen ready to go.

But that is Norv, just like his brother in Chicago. No imagination, no get up and go and a QB just like him.

I have played and I have coached and I guarantee you that when it is playoff time I have a trick or two up my sleeve that the other team has no idea about. That is Coaching 101. That is how McD got the 6-0 start. No other team until Baltimore could figure out what was up, including your team on National TV. That is how the 6-0 start came about. When Baltimore figured it out, then the losing began. But it was too late to take away the 6-0 start.

tacmale
05-08-2010, 07:28 AM

Catch up looks to me like the Dolts are the ones needing to catch up. Since the merger

Conference Championships

Denver 6 San Diego 1 better catch up.

Division Championships

Denver 10 San Diego 10 wow tied

Playoff appearances

Denver 20 San Diego 17 better catch up.

Superbowl Appearances

Denver 6 San Diego 1

Superbowl wins

Denver 2 San Diego 0 better catch up.

Looks to me like the dolts have been chasing Denver since day one.
Maybe just maybe if you guys ever surpass what Denver has done, when you talk smack it will mean more than just plain dribble.

SLVR and Black
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Leadership wont make a CB pull up on a tackle and give up a 56 yd run.
I don't know who the defensive leader is for the Chargers but, if there was an Elway type leader, Cro would've never pulled up. Keep in mind that I've never been a fan of Elway, but the dude was a hard-core disciplinarian in the huddle -- from what I've heard, you didn't dare screw up when he was on the field.

tacmale
05-08-2010, 09:11 AM

It has been noted that Josh has a very good defensive mind also.

We were 7th in the league last year and I look for us to be as good or better. More likely the latter with the off season acquisitions we made.

I do not consider his decisions with Cutler and Marshall to be bad ones. One is an Interception machine which always seem to happen in the red zone, the other is one infarction away from a huge suspension.

I actually have very little doubt that Tebow will be a winner in the NFL, he has done nothing but win his entire life. I don't think the kid knows how to lose, or has one ounce of quit in him.

As for Nolan he didn't see eye to eye with Josh on things so no big deal. You need cohesiveness in your coaching staff before you can translate that onto the field.

The same prediction, and worse, was made last year with all of the drama around this team. So I don't put any stock in predictions. People even questioned his hiring of Nolan. But of course after his success it was the best hire ever. Funny how Josh knew it was a good hire to begin with.

That was all we had for the last 3-4 years, it was rime for Mike to go, as much as I liked Mike he seemed to have gotten stale.

Many of us asked that same question.

Mcd came into a team that could march up and down field all day long but had trouble putting it in the end zone.

I am sure he came here with a definite plan as to what he wants to do and what type of players he wanted on his team. He didn't have that with the guys from Shanny's offense. He had to use an offense built more for a west coast style of offense and try to mold it to his system. Sorry but that will make any team struggle. Kind of like putting a round peg in a square hole.

We may yet be 1-2 years away from what he wants from his offense, only time will tell. But I feel he is going in the right direction, he still needs a few things to go his way. But I am betting by 2011 we will have all of the pieces in place, and once again dominate our division.

Too many people are discounting Josh's knowledge of football because they don't see and understand the things he sees, and understands.
Give this kid time and he will excel as a head coach, and the Dolts dominance of the AFC west will become another distant memory.

Kno-Sean
05-08-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKAcVL_phI

TheQBGuru
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Mcd came into a team that could march up and down field all day long but had trouble putting it in the end zone.

And now you can't do either. LOL

ChargersDivison
05-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Ok ill give you that and he and Brees (11) are even in that stat of course they both will need to be in the league for at least 4 times as long to catch up to Elways 47, on the bright side he may one day catch up to Montanas 31 or Peyton Manning's 32 (5 consecutive) or even Marinos 37.

Still even a guy like Cutler has had 8 4th quarter comebacks and many have questioned his leadership skills because he is so reserved and I guess that means Eli Manning is a better leader then Rivers because he has 17 and even if you take away his 2 years Rivers didnt play and he did he still would have 14.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_fourth_quarter_comebacks_for_Eli_Manning

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RivePh00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannEl00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BreeDr00

Since Rivers has been starter in 06 only Peyton has more game winning drives.

ChargersDivison
05-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Yah, yah, yah.

Then tell me how a QB who is a real statue can lead a team with only 1 RB who gains a bit over 500 yards in a season, an OL comprised of a 235 pound LG, a LT cut by Atlanta who played OG for them, an OC who was a RT in Buffalo the year before, a CB who was a QB 2 years prior and a starting 5-9 WR who played in the semi-pro leagues 2 years prior and lead them to a 12-2 record and a SB appearance?

How can said QB check himself out of a hospital the day of the AFC Championship game so bruised up he cannot even tie his own shoes, walk onto the field and lead his team to victory? By sheer willpower and leadership where his team mates will walk through hell with him.

Craig Morton had that, as did John Elway.

Phyllis has none of that, or your team would have a pretty trophy in the case. Phyllis has had to fight for nothing in his career and it shows. FG kicker missed 3 FG's? Waaah! It should NEVER have come down to 3 FG attempts. You were playing the J-E-T-S, a rookie QB, RB and HC. Norv should have had blitz packages from hell waiting for the kid to confuse the daylights out of him and drive Rex Ryan insane. Any Coach worth his salt would have had the gameplan that no one on that team had ever seen ready to go.

But that is Norv, just like his brother in Chicago. No imagination, no get up and go and a QB just like him.

I have played and I have coached and I guarantee you that when it is playoff time I have a trick or two up my sleeve that the other team has no idea about. That is Coaching 101. That is how McD got the 6-0 start. No other team until Baltimore could figure out what was up, including your team on National TV. That is how the 6-0 start came about. When Baltimore figured it out, then the losing began. But it was too late to take away the 6-0 start.

Oh you mean walk through hell for him and get demolished in the SB when they face a real team?? And not the same ol choking browns year after year after year in the AFCC led by king choker Marty??

You mean a QB who had his knee scoped a week before a AFCC game, played without his RB on a torn ACL and a sprained MCL vs a 17-0 team on the road in freezing weather with a banged up o-line??

Or a QB who keeps fighting and scratching vs the #1 defense Steelers with no pass protection, a 5'9 RB, 15 yds rushing, a defense getting swallowed, while getting suplexed on the road and continuing to move the ball and score in the playoffs?

Sorry big guy, every QB depends on FG's to win games. It's the NFL and the playoffs, you are playing quality teams and quality defenses. FG's count as points, you think your probowl kicker would make atleast 1 of 3. It's a weak story to say "Well he shouldn't of depended on FG"s vs the #1 defense with no running game"

Rivers is a leader like no other. I've never seen a QB lead like Rivers. I've seen every QB look defeated, demoralized and basically give up, other than Rivers. I seen them sitting on the bench, on the corner, head down, licking their wounds. Never Rivers.

That's true leadership. Firing up the D, the O the ST. Standing tall in the pocket with no running game, with a injured o-line and take huge shots completing passes, getting up and talking smack to defensive players. That inspires teammates.

McD sucks at coaching. You started 6-0 because of Nolan and your D catching people off guard and alot of luck. Once your old D wore down as the season progressed and teams figured out Den's D, that's when 2-8 came.

When you are 13-3, you don't need TRICKS or GIMMICKS. You don't need imagination. You show up and play your game. The most accurate kicker in NFL history, didn't play his game. That simple!

ChargersDivison
05-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Catch up looks to me like the Dolts are the ones needing to catch up. Since the merger

Conference Championships

Denver 6 San Diego 1 better catch up.

Division Championships

Denver 10 San Diego 10 wow tied

Playoff appearances

Denver 20 San Diego 17 better catch up.

Superbowl Appearances

Denver 6 San Diego 1

Superbowl wins

Denver 2 San Diego 0 better catch up.

Looks to me like the dolts have been chasing Denver since day one.
Maybe just maybe if you guys ever surpass what Denver has done, when you talk smack it will mean more than just plain dribble.

Actually SD has more division titles and after this year will have even more and more playoff appearances than Den.

So Den does have alot of catching up to do. Especially past decade.

ChargersDivison
05-08-2010, 03:57 PM

We were 7th in the league last year and I look for us to be as good or better. More likely the latter with the off season acquisitions we made.

I do not consider his decisions with Cutler and Marshall to be bad ones. One is an Interception machine which always seem to happen in the red zone, the other is one infarction away from a huge suspension.

I actually have very little doubt that Tebow will be a winner in the NFL, he has done nothing but win his entire life. I don't think the kid knows how to lose, or has one ounce of quit in him.

As for Nolan he didn't see eye to eye with Josh on things so no big deal. You need cohesiveness in your coaching staff before you can translate that onto the field.

The same prediction, and worse, was made last year with all of the drama around this team. So I don't put any stock in predictions. People even questioned his hiring of Nolan. But of course after his success it was the best hire ever. Funny how Josh knew it was a good hire to begin with.

That was all we had for the last 3-4 years, it was rime for Mike to go, as much as I liked Mike he seemed to have gotten stale.

Many of us asked that same question.

I am sure he came here with a definite plan as to what he wants to do and what type of players he wanted on his team. He didn't have that with the guys from Shanny's offense. He had to use an offense built more for a west coast style of offense and try to mold it to his system. Sorry but that will make any team struggle. Kind of like putting a round peg in a square hole.

We may yet be 1-2 years away from what he wants from his offense, only time will tell. But I feel he is going in the right direction, he still needs a few things to go his way. But I am betting by 2011 we will have all of the pieces in place, and once again dominate our division.

Too many people are discounting Josh's knowledge of football because they don't see and understand the things he sees, and understands.
Give this kid time and he will excel as a head coach, and the Dolts dominance of the AFC west will become another distant memory.

Filled with delusion. You are 1 to 2 years away from winning more than 5 games and less than 7. You are along way again for challenging SD or pushing for the playoffs.

MCd is a failure and sucks as a HC or OC. He is another Belichick scapegoat. He will be like Mangini, Romeo and Weis.

Jer_ber73
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Filled with delusion. You are 1 to 2 years away from winning more than 5 games and less than 7. You are along way again for challenging SD or pushing for the playoffs.

MCd is a failure and sucks as a HC or OC. He is another Belichick scapegoat. He will be like Mangini, Romeo and Weis.

Yup and Norv sure has led your all pro all world pro bowl filled roster to the promise land. He inherited a very dangerous team from Marty and has led them NOWHERE! Any coach in the NFL could win games and probably the AFCW with that team. Only a good coach would win championships with that roster. So what kind of coach does that tell you Norv is? Mediocre at best.

Joshecalpoly
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RivePh00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannEl00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BreeDr00

Since Rivers has been starter in 06 only Peyton has more game winning drives.
Your right if I am going to count Eli's 3 comebacks in the 2007 playoffs I should count the 1 comeback of Rivers against the Colts. Yeah thats right Eli has a better record in his super bowl run then in the last 4 years of Rivers.

Heck in Plummers first 4 years he had 12 game winning drives and 20 by his 6th year which is more then Rivers has in his 6th year in the NFL
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=PlumJa00

baphamet
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM

got a link? because as far as i know, he has been a positional coach on defense and has helped with film work, that's it.

he has never ran a defense, it was not his defense last year, only his players. you can give him credit for bringing in the necessary players to make it happen but nolan was more responsible for the success of that defense, i don't see how you could possibly argue otherwise.

i strongly disagree you will be the 7th rated defense in the league or better this year.

your defense only finished that high because they started out #1

i also believe they started out so good because nobody was quite sure how to attack it, when they did teams exploited your defense.

now without your defensive mastermind and many of your key vets getting even older, i would say your defense will be closer to top 20 than top 10.

we will see though.

then you are blind, cutler was a probowler the year before MCD got there. you are saying because he threw int's that is why he wanted cassel over cutler?

i think its obvious that MCD wants his own guys in there, that's why he wanted cassel and that's why you are seeing a lot of changes.

i don't really blame them for getting rid of marshall though, he was a cancer but then again he was your best player on offense as well.

if only that concept were true, tell that to rex grossman or danny wurfel.....who were both also Florida gators i might add. :P

if he was that successful and had good fundamentals as well? then you would have a point. i am not saying he wont be successful, i am just saying that if he is it will be a couple years.

saying you have little doubt (based on his college success) isn't really looking at the reality of the situation.

sure, but why didn't they see eye to eye? have you ever asked yourself that question? honestly, what was the strength of your team last year? it sure as hell wasn't the offense.

so what would MCD really have as issue with? if anything he should be letting nolan do his thing and shutting his pie hole.

if they really didn't see eye to eye, my guess is it is nolan who had the issue, not MCD.....MCD had no reason to have an issue, nolan was doing his job.

true, the broncos did better than people thought in the first 6 games but then what happened? i could argue that the broncos did worse than expectations after that.

overall it wasn't a bad year but it sure as hell didn't leave you feeling exited about the future (from a broncos fan perspective)

shanahan still had the potent offense, he is an offensive mastermind and he proved it year after year.

yeah he should have brought in a better defensive coach and had more recent success there but as far as offense goes, he still had it IMO

the offense struggled under MCD, the broncos team under shanahan might have struggled to punch it in but it was still far better than what MCD fielded.

imagine if the broncos defense was as bad last year as it was in 2008? you guys likely would have had one of the top 3 picks in the draft this year.

didn't he keep the same running style and coaches? yet his offense still couldn't run well? also, i am sure downgrading at QB had a lot to do with it as well.

he still had marshall, he still had royal....the only thing he didn't have in Denver that he had in NE was a potent slot receiver.

but he used marshall for that roll as well, except marshall is gone now LOL :smug:

lol we actually have an offensive mastermind calling our plays and not a wanna be hoodie. we actually have a franchise QB (who will be here for many years) and multiple weapons for him.

i wouldn't count on the chargers going away any time soon, in fact i would bet that its far more likely we continue having success than MCD keeping his job for the next 3+ years IMVHO. ;)

ChargersDivison
05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Your right if I am going to count Eli's 3 comebacks in the 2007 playoffs I should count the 1 comeback of Rivers against the Colts. Yeah thats right Eli has a better record in his super bowl run then in the last 4 years of Rivers.

Heck in Plummers first 4 years he had 12 game winning drives and 20 by his 6th year which is more then Rivers has in his 6th year in the NFL
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=PlumJa00

Why are you still counting 2 years Rivers never played?? Is that really the only chance you have at smack??

REALLY? So beyond weak.

Rivers has been the 2nd most clutch QB in the NFL since he became starter in 06. Please don't ever compare Eli or Plummer to Rivers. Mediocrity like Plummer and Eli can be compared to each other, not a great like Rivers.

SLVR and Black
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Why are you still counting 2 years Rivers never played?? Is that really the only chance you have at smack??If he wasn't good enough to take the field before his third season, why should others be penalized?

ChargersDivison
05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
If he wasn't good enough to take the field before his third season, why should others be penalized?

Yeah obviously that was the case, he sure looks like he wasn't good enough.

The way Brees was playing no rookie would of beat him out, period.

Counting 2 years Rivers didn't play for a comparison is admitting defeat.

Joshecalpoly
05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Why are you still counting 2 years Rivers never played?? Is that really the only chance you have at smack??

REALLY? So beyond weak.

Rivers has been the 2nd most clutch QB in the NFL since he became starter in 06. Please don't ever compare Eli or Plummer to Rivers. Mediocrity like Plummer and Eli can be compared to each other, not a great like Rivers.

I am going by your standards of leadership and if they are mediocre leaders guess what that makes Rivers in your own words. I am saying that stat is more about reliability then the ability to lead the team.

tech576
05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah obviously that was the case, he sure looks like he wasn't good enough.

The way Brees was playing no rookie would of beat him out, period.

Counting 2 years Rivers didn't play for a comparison is admitting defeat.

enough,off rivers jock already,if he was that "superior" he would of willed his team to the superbowl. back to life, rivers is a "fair" qb,but you should blame your coach for not getting any rings. how dare you say manning and brees can only be "remotely" the exception, have you lost your mind from the beating the sanchise gave you? what has your goldenboy rivers done latlely,garbage. i would rather be 8-8 then 13-3 being all hype every year being sent home by teams that look inferior to yours on paper. you seemed to put rivers up on this imaginary pedastal that doesnt exist,lol. so what if you got all these little meaningless statistics of how he has such great numbers? i want to see rings or a appearance at least to the sb! enjoy your past days of "owning" the division, this year will be interesting.

BOLTMAN-1
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Winning a ring is every teams ultimate dream each and every year. The Chargers are just 1 of 32 teams with the same dream each and every year.

ChargersDivison
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
enough,off rivers jock already,if he was that "superior" he would of willed his team to the superbowl. back to life, rivers is a "fair" qb,but you should blame your coach for not getting any rings. how dare you say manning and brees can only be "remotely" the exception, have you lost your mind from the beating the sanchise gave you? what has your goldenboy rivers done latlely,garbage. i would rather be 8-8 then 13-3 being all hype every year being sent home by teams that look inferior to yours on paper. you seemed to put rivers up on this imaginary pedastal that doesnt exist,lol. so what if you got all these little meaningless statistics of how he has such great numbers? i want to see rings or a appearance at least to the sb! enjoy your past days of "owning" the division, this year will be interesting.

I'm certain you are 10 yrs old. If Rivers is "FAIR" than what does that make Den's QB's UNFAIR??

You rather be 8-8 than 13-3?? lol, nuf said.

This year will be far from interesting. Unless SD winning the division by 5 or 6 games is interesting to you.

Jer_ber73
05-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Winning a ring is every teams ultimate dream each and every year. The Chargers are just 1 of 32 teams with the same dream each and every year.

Wow. Your perception of the obvious is simply amazing.

Amari24
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM

not 1 of 32; you guys and Cleveland have a lot in common

Jer_ber73
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm certain you are 10 yrs old. If Rivers is "FAIR" than what does that make Den's QB's UNFAIR??

This year will be far from interesting. Unless SD winning the division by 5 or 6 games is interesting to you.

Him saying that is the same as you saying you would rather lose in the WC round than lose in the SB. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

ChargersDivison
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Him saying that is the same as you saying you would rather lose in the WC round than lose in the SB. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Not really. Making the playoffs to not making is a no brainer. Losing in the biggest game of the year compared to losing in the playoffs is 2 different things.

Losing in the SB can demoralize teams and have them never show up again. Losing in the WC, makes teams hungrier. You don't see many teams who lose in the SB come back soon after to win. Usually takes along time, wonder why??

ChargersDivison
05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
not 1 of 32; you guys and Cleveland have a lot in common

You Cleveland and Detroit have alot in common, 1 of like 8 teams to not make the playoffs in the past 4 years.

Amari24
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
You Cleveland and Detroit have alot in common, 1 of like 8 teams to not make the playoffs in the past 4 years.

Your team period is in a league of their own when it comes to getting chosen to win the Super Bowl only to get bumped out.

IgorBStrange
05-11-2010, 01:54 AM

REALLY? So beyond weak.

Hmmmm, last I saw Eli had a RING. Rivers does not.

As for your little diatribe about Morton and the 1977 Broncos, at least Morton got the team to the SB. Where oh where is Rivers SB appearance?

Also, Plummer got the Broncos to the AFC Championship game and lost, thereby making him Rivers equal at the least since Rivers has yet to win an AFC Championship game. Again I ask where oh where is Rivers SB appearance?

Oh yeah, derailed by a Rookie QB, HC, RB on the Chargers Home Field on National TV. Have you ever noticed how you guys choke on National TV? Could it be that the lights are too bright? Maybe Rivers makeup begins running from the heat of the lights?

Maybe Rivers was trying to channel the spirit of Stan Humphries for leadership and guidance but kept mispronouncing the name and got Stan Laurel instead?

IgorBStrange
05-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Not really. Making the playoffs to not making is a no brainer. Losing in the biggest game of the year compared to losing in the playoffs is 2 different things.

Losing in the SB can demoralize teams and have them never show up again. Losing in the WC, makes teams hungrier. You don't see many teams who lose in the SB come back soon after to win. Usually takes along time, wonder why??

You make this too easy.
Denver made 2 in a row and lost. Buffalo made 4 in a row and lost. Your team has made one and lost.

So your theory is correct for your team.
After their appearance they were so demoralized that they keep choking in the playoffs out of fear that they will lose another SB and never return again?

Boltheads
05-11-2010, 05:21 PM
You make this too easy.
Denver made 2 in a row and lost. Buffalo made 4 in a row and lost. Your team has made one and lost.

After their appearance they were so demoralized that they keep choking in the playoffs out of fear that they will lose another SB and never return again?Let's extend the theory.....the loss in the 2005 AFCC game demoralized the Broncos so much that they continued to blow 3 game leads in the division out of fear of having to lose in the playoffs.

tech576
05-11-2010, 05:41 PM

ah,get a ring then talk to me

ChargersDivison
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Hmmmm, last I saw Eli had a RING. Rivers does not.

As for your little diatribe about Morton and the 1977 Broncos, at least Morton got the team to the SB. Where oh where is Rivers SB appearance?

Also, Plummer got the Broncos to the AFC Championship game and lost, thereby making him Rivers equal at the least since Rivers has yet to win an AFC Championship game. Again I ask where oh where is Rivers SB appearance?

Oh yeah, derailed by a Rookie QB, HC, RB on the Chargers Home Field on National TV. Have you ever noticed how you guys choke on National TV? Could it be that the lights are too bright? Maybe Rivers makeup begins running from the heat of the lights?

Maybe Rivers was trying to channel the spirit of Stan Humphries for leadership and guidance but kept mispronouncing the name and got Stan Laurel instead?

Yeah because Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Marino, Tarkenton, Fouts and Kelly.

Do you enjoy being wrong??

No one outside of Elway that has played QB in Den is on par with Rivers or even really close.

Rivers in the last 3 years has more playoff wins than Den does in 11 years. Rivers in 4 years has as many PO appearances as Den does in 11 and more division titles in 4 than Den does in 11.

Keep thinking HC, QB and RB beat SD in the Jets game, it'll just be further addition to your resume of stupidity.

ChargersDivison
05-11-2010, 06:03 PM
You make this too easy.

After their appearance they were so demoralized that they keep choking in the playoffs out of fear that they will lose another SB and never return again?

We aren't Denver, we won't lose 4 SB's before cheating to win our first.

We'll win a SB before you make the playoffs again, you can bet the FARM on it.

Did you enjoy those 4 epic beatings and choke jobs in the 4 SB's?? Way to brag about being losers.

ChargersDivison
05-11-2010, 06:03 PM
ah,get a ring then talk to me

Have a winning season and then come talk to me. Simply a winning season.

Joshecalpoly
05-11-2010, 07:01 PM

Did you enjoy those 4 epic beatings and choke jobs in the 4 SB's?? Way to brag about being losers.

First of all how did we cheat to win.

Second way to only come in 2nd only once and 3rd once and being losers 15 other times because that essentially what your saying

Ild rather be 1st 2 times 2nd 6 times then have your less then stellar playoff history. We were the best of our conference on multiple occasions not just 1 fluke but I guess you wouldnt know anything about that.

Amari24
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM

Its funny how you talk about epic beatings. Last time I checked you guys got the beating of your lives in the FIRST and ONLY Super Bowl you've been to. Yeah...you have plenty of room to talk....:ugh:

PhillyBronco24
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM

You guys have had a shot for the last 5 years, hell you have been the favorite even some years, yet you never fail to disappoint by not even making it to the big game. At least you guys are consistent.

Joshecalpoly
05-11-2010, 07:31 PM
You guys have had a shot for the last 5 years, hell you have been the favorite even some years, yet you never fail to disappoint by not even making it to the big game. At least you guys are consistent.
How may poor idiots do you think have lost fortunes betting on SD to even go to the SB. Since ESPN and every sports magazine seemed to always pick them probably a lot. By now I am guessing they have wised up.

PhillyBronco24
05-11-2010, 07:38 PM
How may poor idiots do you think have lost fortunes betting on SD to even go to the SB. Since ESPN and every sports magazine seemed to always pick them probably a lot. By now I am guessing they have wised up.

I doubt it, if they were dumb enough to pick the chargers year after year they are probably to dumb to wise up too.

Boltheads
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
You guys have had a shot for the last 5 years, hell you have been the favorite even some years, yet you never fail to disappoint by not even making it to the big game. At least you guys are consistent.Favored by who? John Clayton? Pete Prisco? Fanhouse?

San Diego has never been a Pre-Season favorite by Vegas to win the SB.

PhillyBronco24
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Favored by who? John Clayton? Pete Prisco? Fanhouse?

A bunch of sport analyst over the years before the season starts pick them then even when the playoffs start they do too, but year after year its the same outcome.

Beagle
05-11-2010, 07:55 PM

We already have 97 and 98..those are winning seasons. something the Chargers have yet to manage.

Boltheads
05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
A bunch of sport analyst over the years before the season starts pick them then even when the playoffs start they do too, but year after year its the same outcome.The same "sports analysts" that said Tebow should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Last year...San Diego choked, at home.....to the JETS. Prior to that, they were underdogs in the playoff games that they lost to Pittsburg and New England (both games were on the road).

Joshecalpoly
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Favored by who? John Clayton? Pete Prisco? Fanhouse?

True but ESPN magazine and many other sports magazines pick teams before the season starts and you tend to be the favorite.

tech576
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM

winning season? plz,a winning season without the ring means a 3rd place prize at a pie eating competition.even if we did have a winning season,i still dont find much to brag about,just write it off as a "good season" feel good for the next. so as i said to your fellow charger die hard, talk to me when you have a ring,but most likely ill be talking to you first,be realistic,your best chances were the last 3 years and you blew it,lol.after so many what ifs,your team will always be the "WHAT if" team! The saints are the talk of the town this year,who wants to talk about the colts? none the less chargers?lol! our conversation is done,bye.

rivers=cant get it done.frustrated.

baphamet
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM

we have never been the favorites to win the SB, besides.....how many years did it take your team to finally win one? when you are consistently a contender eventually you will get yours.

Boltheads
05-12-2010, 12:47 PM
winning season? plz,a winning season without the ring means a 3rd place prize at a pie eating competition.even if we did have a winning season,i still dont find much to brag about,just write it off as a "good season" feel good for the next. so as i said to your fellow charger die hard, talk to me when you have a ring,but most likely ill be talking to you first,be realistic,your best chances were the last 3 years and you blew it,lol.after so many what ifs,your team will always be the "WHAT if" team! The saints are the talk of the town this year,who wants to talk about the colts? none the less chargers?lol! our conversation is done,bye.

rivers=cant get it done.frustrated.If our season was the equivalent of coming in 3rd in a pie eating contest.....then your season must be the equivalent of getting so nervous before the contest begins that you puke all over yourself.

In regards to Rivers not getting it done.....only time can be the jury. Remember how many years Elway failed to lead his team to the ring?

PhillyBronco24
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
The same "sports analysts" that said Tebow should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Last year...San Diego choked, at home.....to the JETS. Prior to that, they were underdogs in the playoff games that they lost to Pittsburg and New England (both games were on the road).

Lets see 2004 lost to the jets in the first round at home as favorites. 2005 didnt make playoffs. 2006 as 14-2 lost the pats at home as favorites. Lost to the pats is 2007, werent favorites. Then in 2008 lost the steelers werent the favorite. In 2009 they lost to the jets at home as the favorite. So lets see, lost 3 games as a favorites and only two as the underdog.

tech576
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
If our season was the equivalent of coming in 3rd in a pie eating contest.....then your season must be the equivalent of getting so nervous before the contest begins that you puke all over yourself.

In regards to Rivers not getting it done.....only time can be the jury. Remember how many years Elway failed to lead his team to the ring?

for the last time,i said the conversation is over,what part of that do you not understand? second ,rivers this and rivers that,get off his jock,hes garbage,period. as far as elway,we are not talking about elway here,what has the chargers done lately is what we want to know,dont come at us with this 13-3 crap,ask the patriots about going undefeated to the superbowl against the giants,anyone talking about them now? they did better then you guys,lol,nuff said,done.

oh 13-3 didnt take you to the sb did it?did it? yeah i went there.

ChargersDivison
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM

rivers=cant get it done.frustrated.

Have a winning season, seriously. You were prolly one of the donkey fans all giddy about mediocrity last year all optimistic about your team and their 4 year run of mediocrity and playoff drought.

Don't talk about rings or champs, you can't even cheer for a team with a measly winning record.

Our best chance is every next year, because unlike Den, we make the playoffs and we have a elite franchise QB.

All you have is dementia and deluded convulsed fading pathetic memories.

Now get out of my face punk, this is my neck of the woods. I own this smack section and I don't take kindly to 10 yr old delusional illiterate noobs with no sense of football prowess.

Broncos?? LMAO! Get serious for once.

ChargersDivison
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
for the last time,i said the conversation is over,what part of that do you not understand? second ,rivers this and rivers that,get off his jock,hes garbage,period. as far as elway,we are not talking about elway here,what has the chargers done lately is what we want to know,dont come at us with this 13-3 crap,ask the patriots about going undefeated to the superbowl against the giants,anyone talking about them now? they did better then you guys,lol,nuff said,done.

oh 13-3 didnt take you to the sb did it?did it? yeah i went there.

Rivers >>>> Entire Broncos roster... Damn that must suck??

8-8 what do you know about SB's?? About winning even?? My god you can't even sniff playoff turf.

Broncos are nothing more than the Lions right now. Butt of nearly ever NFL show's jokes and criticism

Boltheads
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
for the last time,i said the conversation is over,what part of that do you not understand? the part where you keep on talking.......

chazoe60
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM

8-8 what do you know about SB's?? About winning even?? My god you can't even sniff playoff turf.

Broncos are nothing more than the Lions right now. Butt of nearly ever NFL show's jokes and criticism

So Rivers is a better LT than Clady? Or a better CB than Champ? I'm not sure I understand how one player can be >>>>>>>> than an entire roster. That is drinking the Rivers koolaide directly from the spicket, if you know what I mean.

Jer_ber73
05-12-2010, 08:41 PM

It seemed like Doom showed which one of them was better....thrice, and thats just one example.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM

I, for one, do not wish for Ryan Matthews to get injured. I hope he has a long and healthy life. I hope he enjoys watching many games from the sideline in good health.

No my friend, my hope lies in the idea that the Chargers will continue to be exceptionally crappy at run blocking, not that Ryan Matthews gets hurt.

Lyghts Out
05-12-2010, 08:57 PM
I, for one, do not wish for Ryan Matthews to get injured. I hope he has a long and healthy life. I hope he enjoys watching many games from the sideline in good health.

No my friend, my hope lies in the idea that the Chargers will continue to be exceptionally crappy at run blocking, not that Ryan Matthews gets hurt.

Good smack...
However, I for one do not think our run blocking is as bad as everyone thinks it is.....Sproles is not an up the middle runner, and LT is an older shell of his original self. Our FB's did ok, and I think Mathews will too. Our OLine will be strong this year.

ChargersDivison
05-12-2010, 08:57 PM
It seemed like Doom showed which one of them was better....thrice, and thats just one example.

Funny cause I remember Rivers having 2 TD's and 0 ints and around 600 yds both games.

Rivers owns your defense always has. Badly to! Check the astronomical numbers and efficiency.

baphamet
05-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Good smack...
However, I for one do not think our run blocking is as bad as everyone thinks it is.....Sproles is not an up the middle runner, and LT is an older shell of his original self. Our FB's did ok, and I think Mathews will too. Our OLine will be strong this year.

you have to admit though, our run blocking is still pretty bad. we don't produce any kind of push up front, Mathews will likely have success running off tackle but between the tackles might be kind of brutal his rookie season or until we get some better run blocking at least.

if Mathews can get good production between the tackles with this crap run blocking we have in his rookie season, i feel sorry for the defenses who have to play us for the next 10 years. :D

Amari24
05-15-2010, 09:10 AM
you have to admit though, our run blocking is still pretty bad. we don't produce any kind of push up front, Mathews will likely have success running off tackle but between the tackles might be kind of brutal his rookie season or until we get some better run blocking at least.

if Mathews can get good production between the tackles with this crap run blocking we have in his rookie season, i feel sorry for the defenses who have to play us for the next 10 years. :D

If you look at some of the stuff he did between tackles at Fresno then its a toss up because their run blocking wasn't the best.

Jer_ber73
05-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Funny cause I remember Rivers having 2 TD's and 0 ints and around 600 yds both games.

Rivers owns your defense always has. Badly to! Check the astronomical numbers and efficiency.

Ummm didnt Champ intercept him? Or maybe im mistaken, Probably not mistaken tho. And it is funny that I remember Doom sacking him like 3 times just the first game. Seems like Doom owns Rivers.

ChargersDivison
05-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Ummm didnt Champ intercept him? Or maybe im mistaken, Probably not mistaken tho. And it is funny that I remember Doom sacking him like 3 times just the first game. Seems like Doom owns Rivers.

Champ has 0 ints on Rivers and Doom prolly has 3 sacks his whole career on Rivers.

Rivers own your D and there is no counter for that.

Amari24
05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Champ has 0 ints on Rivers and Doom prolly has 3 sacks his whole career on Rivers.
Rivers own your D and there is no counter for that.

I think thats going to change this season :D.