PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting Legend Erine Harwell passes away.

Southstander
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Harwell, the longtime voice of the Detroit Tigers, also a memeber of the Baseball Hall of Fame passed away at the age of 93 do to cancer.

Baseball's season of heartbreak continues...:sad:

MNBroncs85
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
93 years old thats a heck of a life tho. Im watching the tigers and twins now havent heard nothen about it.

Southstander
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
93 years old thats a heck of a life tho. Im watching the tigers and twins now havent heard nothen about it.

I got my info from an ESPN Alert.

The Experience
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
This really is too bad. The man is a legend....

R.I.P.

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Southstander
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
This really is too bad. The man is a legend....

R.I.P.

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

KB and I where talking about this, the only great voice in baseball left is Vin.

The Experience
05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
KB and I where talking about this, the only great voice in baseball left is Vin.

Truth to that. I love John Miller though he is probably my favorite outside of Vin. But Miller isn't there yet.

Southstander
05-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Truth to that. I love John Miller though he is probably my favorite outside of Vin. But Miller isn't there yet.

Uecker is very close as well.

Thors Hammer
05-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Bob Uecker is still in Milwaukee, although he just had heart surgery. He should be back behind the mic in a few weeks.

Godspeed Ernie.

My dad was from Michigan, and was a huge Tigers fan. I enjoyed listening to his broadcasts whenever we would visit family in Michigan. He really had a knack for keeping a game interseting, which alot of the younger guys have trouble doing.

Southstander
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Bob Uecker is still in Milwaukee, although he just had heart surgery. He should be back behind the mic in a few weeks.

Godspeed Ernie.

My dad was from Michigan, and was a huge Tigers fan. I enjoyed listening to his broadcasts whenever we would visit family in Michigan. He really had a knack for keeping a game interseting, which alot of the younger guys have trouble doing.

It truly is an art form.