PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conf. Finals.

Southstander
05-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Since we have a Western Conference thread, we should have on on the Boston Vs Orlando Series.

Chillez
05-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Great idea South!

I'm picking the Boston Celtics winning it in 7 games. It's going be all out war and

tough series can't wait to watch it. :peace:

Peerless
05-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Go Magic. Nothing disgusts me more than Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.

Chillez
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM

How come? I've always had lot of respect for those two.

PhillyBronco24
05-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I think Dwight will be a monster in the post this series. This is if you watched the series of the celtics vs the cavs I mean shaq was pushing around perkins down low, but other then that one game he was pretty off, Dwight will make the most of all his shots in the low post. Also rondo loves to drive he might pretty nice when it comes to that but over the out streched hand of the defensive player of the year its gonna be a lot tougher. I dont think boston has anyone that can hang with dwight in the post.

Another big match up here is of course the point guards. Rondo is on fire no doubt, but jameer nelson has been pretty hot in the playoffs as well. Jameer is gonna have his hands full with rondo, and even if rondo isnt scoring he will be commanding the offense and making plays, which there isnt much nelson can do on that.

There are a bunch of other good match ups as well, you got matt barnes on pierce which can really shut pierce down with the type of d barnes brings to the table. Lewis and Garnett will be a good match up they are both shooters but Lewis is more of a permiter shooter then Garnett, Garnett is gonna have to take him down in the post if he wants to do work on him, but then again there is always the help of dwight over the top which causes problems in the post for anyone. The match up of allen and carter will be good, both of them are the leading scorers between the two teams in the regular season series.

I see the magic winning in 7 for the simple fact the play dwight has in the post. The celtics have to get early fouls on him if they want to run a proficent offense and have a better shot at winning.

CTM
05-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow this is a tough one to pick.

Obviously the Magic did what they needed to, they swept two inferior opponents.

The Celtics looked great but I almost think alot of that was the Cavs playing really bad down the stretch.

Coming down to player matchups, I dont think the Celtics can contain Howard, he's just too big and too dominant.

Both teams have good point guards, I give the edge o Rondo based on speed and how he's playing right now.

The Magic have Pietrus who can create matchup problems, but the Celtics have Sheed coming off the bench who can provide a similar role.

This is going to be a great series, both teams have guys who can create matchup problems, Boston has to have the momentum right now just because they played more recently and knocked off Lebron.

Vince Carter and Paul Pierce are pretty evenly matched. Really, I think whoever shows up more consistently out of those two will be the deciding factor.

I got the Magic just because I don't think the Celtics can stop Howard, Lewis, and Carter.

Gonna be a great series either way, I think it goes 7 games.

ERoyal248
05-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I think Dwight will be a monster in the post this series. This is if you watched the series of the celtics vs the cavs I mean shaq was pushing around perkins down low, but other then that one game he was pretty off, Dwight will make the most of all his shots in the low post. Also rondo loves to drive he might pretty nice when it comes to that but over the out streched hand of the defensive player of the year its gonna be a lot tougher. I dont think boston has anyone that can hang with dwight in the post.

Another big match up here is of course the point guards. Rondo is on fire no doubt, but jameer nelson has been pretty hot in the playoffs as well. Jameer is gonna have his hands full with rondo, and even if rondo isnt scoring he will be commanding the offense and making plays, which there isnt much nelson can do on that.

There are a bunch of other good match ups as well, you got matt barnes on pierce which can really shut pierce down with the type of d barnes brings to the table. Lewis and Garnett will be a good match up they are both shooters but Lewis is more of a permiter shooter then Garnett, Garnett is gonna have to take him down in the post if he wants to do work on him, but then again there is always the help of dwight over the top which causes problems in the post for anyone. The match up of allen and carter will be good, both of them are the leading scorers between the two teams in the regular season series.

I see the magic winning in 7 for the simple fact the play dwight has in the post. The celtics have to get early fouls on him if they want to run a proficent offense and have a better shot at winning.

Good analysis, but today they said Barnes will be on Allen.. Should be a good series, i think we'll take it in 6.

Kno-Sean
05-14-2010, 09:42 PM

I agree on part of this statement, i dislike Paul Pierce. That is why I want them to win the series so the Lakers can have their revenge. I will never forget Paul Peirce faking that injury and coming back... ahh!

Brancos
05-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't think either of them will win.

Spyder
05-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Very tough series to call..

I'll admit I never thought Boston would make it this far. Like a lot of other people I thought they were too old, washed up (to a point) and just didn't have what it took to continue deep in the playoffs. The Heat weren't much of a test, but taking out the Cavs in 6 games.. damn, I don't think anyone could have predicted that.

All that said, Orlando has looked really good so far. I just kind of wonder, are they THAT good, or were the Bobcats and Hawks THAT bad? Probably a combination, but either way.....

My heart says Boston, because I'd love to see LA-Boston once again...but... my head is telling me Orlando. I just hope (like LA-PHX) that this series is relatively competitive and I'm sure it will be.

Orlando in.......7!

Atwnbroncfan
05-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Orlando in 7

BUT....Orlando beware. You barely beat the Celtics last year with out KG. KG is back, it will be harder for Dwigth down low.

PhillyBronco24
05-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Good analysis, but today they said Barnes will be on Allen.. Should be a good series, i think we'll take it in 6.

With that I expect Mickael Pietrus to get a good amount of play time to cover Pierce. Even though Pierce isnt the big threat he once was, when he gets on a role he can still knock down points in bunches.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-15-2010, 12:01 AM
I will be rooting for Boston, although I'm not going to vote because I honestly don't know what to expect. I just hope Garnett can keep up his play, which I believe he can. In the playoffs, he is averaging 17.6 points, 8.3 boards and 2.3 assists on 54 percent shooting. All higher than his regular season numbers.

Spice 1
05-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Lewis on Garnett: Entry pass into high post, fake left, turn right, buckets. *Lewis realizes that Garnett has been using this move the entire playoffs, and plays him on his right side* Entry pass, two dribbles left, right hand hook, buckets.

The only way Lewis can slow Garnett is with his offense. I just don't see how the Celtics can leave Garnett out there in space. He doesn't do it a lot, but Lewis can drive and finish.

Against the Cavs, Garnett, Allen, and sometimes Pierce were on fire simultaneously. You can't beat the Celtics when this goes down. How did it happen? HELLO, stop ball on Rondo. Nelson is the key. I like the Magic in this series, but it should go seven.

ERoyal248
05-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Orlando in 7

BUT....Orlando beware. You barely beat the Celtics last year with out KG. KG is back, it will be harder for Dwigth down low.

And we didnt have Jameer who's playing as good as any point guard in the playoffs, works both ways.

Last year our backcourt was Alston and Lee, this year it's Jameer and VC.

GridironChamp
05-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Orlando in 6 tops...

Only thing that might throw a wrench into that is that Lewis is almost as bad as
Jamison on defense, so KG will prolly average 20 a game again.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Boston. :dance:

rst08tierney
05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Boston in 6

The league wants a rematch of the 2008 finals. ($$$$$$ "Cha Ching!")

Lakers will see the Celtics in the finals.

thatkidhunt
05-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Orlando Magic in 7 games. Lock it up.

ERoyal248
05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Ughh, that was ugly.. One word Christmas.. Absolutely ugly game, couldnt make anything, turnovers, everything went wrong.. Good game Boston, lets bounce back Game 2 and steal a game in Boston.

Sparky The Sun Devil
05-16-2010, 06:50 PM
why dont team ACTUALLY GUARD RONDO????????????

orlando today and cleveland puts absolutely no pressure on rondo. I hear people say make him shot jumpers, but when they do that he doesnt shot jumpers he jus stands there and directors every everyone on the court.

Chillez
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Ughh, that was ugly.. One word Christmas.. Absolutely ugly game, couldnt make anything, turnovers, everything went wrong.. Good game Boston, lets bounce back Game 2 and steal a game in Boston.

Very sloppy game for Magic. Dwight Howard had a really bad game today let's

see if he will bounce back...

ERoyal248
05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Very sloppy game for Magic. Dwight Howard had a really bad game today let's

see if he will bounce back...

I'm not too worried about Dwight, it's the other players that played bad.. Like Lewis, Jameer, and Pietrus and all the turnovers, couldnt of played any worse, and still came close.

Southstander
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
C's win game two.:salute:

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Looks like we're gonna have another Lakers Celtics finals... go Celts :coffee:

iowabronco24
05-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Wow the Magic are just pitiful right now. I don't think the series is completely over as I believe the Magic have won their last 3 games IN Boston, but wow, they look terrible out there. Its quite clear the Celts are just the better team when they can win on the road without KG or Ray Allen really contributing a whole lot (game 2).

ERoyal248
05-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow the Magic are just pitiful right now. I don't think the series is completely over as I believe the Magic have won their last 3 games IN Boston, but wow, they look terrible out there. Its quite clear the Celts are just the better team when they can win on the road without KG or Ray Allen really contributing a whole lot (game 2).

I wouldnt say pitiful, only lost by 4 and 3 points, but Boston's defense is locked in right now, looking like 08.. Im not saying it's completely over but if Orlando is going to get back into the series, Pietrus and Lewis need to play better. Boston can beat you in so many ways. Rondo can have a good game doing everything, Pierce and Ray from the outside, KG dominating on the inside, many others as well. Boston looks good, better then i thougth, maybe they go on to win the title.

Southstander
05-19-2010, 03:51 PM
One reason I can't get into basketball is the insane amount of time in between playoff games. I know it is because the NBA and Networks want to streach it out to make more money, but to me it is silly.

Chillez
05-20-2010, 01:27 PM
One reason I can't get into basketball is the insane amount of time in between playoff games. I know it is because the NBA and Networks want to streach it out to make more money, but to me it is silly.

Is it silly how much time they get in between the playoffs games but at the same time they play so damm much they play 82 games in the regular season that's insane. That doesn't even count the postseason where 1st round to finals is a 7 game series. They play almost as much as Baseball players Basketball and Baseball are top 2 I think when comes to whole season.

Southstander
05-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Is it silly how much time they get in between the playoffs games but at the same time they play so damm much they play 82 games in the regular season that's insane. That doesn't even count the postseason where 1st round to finals is a 7 game series. They play almost as much as Baseball players Basketball and Baseball are top 2 I think when comes to whole season.

Don't forget hockey. Their playoff are four rounds of the best of seven.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Those who picked Orlando need to pay up :smug:

Chillez
05-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Don't forget hockey. Their playoff are four rounds of the best of seven.

Yeah, that's some crazy stuff.

rst08tierney
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Its sad how people dont pay up on a cp bet. I even called it. Boston in 6!

PAY UP!!!!!!

Bronco_Armada
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM

What's wrong with KG?

He's one of my favorite players of all time. Got an autograph ball from him at a Knicks game when he played for the wolves.

Too bad his impact on the game has gone down hill.

Happens to the best of them.

Bronco_Armada
05-29-2010, 11:16 PM
why dont team ACTUALLY GUARD RONDO????????????

Only thing more absent than defense in the NBA is peewee herman's sex life. :coffee:

Brancos
05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Only thing more absent than defense in the NBA is peewee herman's sex life. :coffee:

It's because players don't care about about defense. They get known when they score 40 points every game not when they stop 30 shots. They don't want to waste their energy on playing defense so they purposely don't care about it.

Bronco_Armada
05-29-2010, 11:34 PM
It's because players don't care about about defense. They get known when they score 40 points every game not when they stop 30 shots. They don't want to waste their energy on playing defense so they purposely don't care about it.

I'd rather have a guy that will punch ya in the mouth. Then again, NBA is filled with soft rules.