• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluenOrnge4Life
    Since '85
    • Jan 2006

Wizards Win The Lottery

"SECAUCUS, N.J. -- The Washington Wizards have won the NBA's draft lottery and will have the No. 1 pick in next month's draft.

With Irene Pollin wearing the 1978 Bullets championship ring of her late husband, longtime owner Abe Pollin, the Wizards moved up Tuesday from the No. 5 spot, where they had only a 10.3 percent chance of winning.

They will likely choose between Kentucky freshman John Wall and Ohio State swingman Evan Turner, the national player of the year.

The New Jersey Nets, which had an NBA-worst 12-70 record, fell to third. It's the sixth straight year the team with the best chance to win didn't land the top pick in the NBA draft.

The Philadelphia 76ers moved up to grab the No. 2 pick."
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW
  • Spyder
    Starter
    • Mar 2006

Somewhere BRONCOS_OWN_U16 is a happy little boy...

:]
    sigpic

Comment

• PhillyBronco24
      Bench Warmer
      • Jan 2010

With the sixers most likely picking up evan turner I'm gonna be a happy man. This kid can really player.
      sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
        Banned User
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        Somewhere BRONCOS_OWN_U16 is a happy little boy...

:]
        well first of all, im a big boy,
        but yes i am very happy!! im used to my team being cursed and never having any luck. finally something goes our way.

i just hope we dont screw up and pick the next kwame brown. we may still have agent zero, but we need to draft john wall.

Comment

• BluenOrnge4Life
          Since '85
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
          well first of all, im a big boy,
          but yes i am very happy!! im used to my team being cursed and never having any luck. finally something goes our way.

i just hope we dont screw up and pick the next kwame brown. we may still have agent zero, but we need to draft john wall.
          Would be surprised to see them not draft John Wall. Lucky Wizards, I still can't for the life of me figure out why they do a lottery in the NBA... I think they should just run the draft the same way the NFL does.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Frenchy180
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            Would be surprised to see them not draft John Wall. Lucky Wizards, I still can't for the life of me figure out why they do a lottery in the NBA... I think they should just run the draft the same way the NFL does.
            I guess it's to prevent teams from tanking their season after they had been eliminated from the playoffs, or tanking a full season to land players like Lebron James... I agree though that they should do it the way the NFL and all other leagues do it.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• BluenOrnge4Life
              Since '85
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              I guess it's to prevent teams from tanking their season after they had been eliminated from the playoffs, or tanking a full season to land players like Lebron James... I agree though that they should do it the way the NFL and all other leagues do it.
              This is true but the same could be said for NFL teams and it doesn't happen there. I know that typically any one player in basketball has a bigger impact than just any 1 player in football,(Lebron James) but there's more downside in tanking your season to land a big name player, than there is upside. IMO.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• thatkidhunt
                All-Pro
                • Aug 2007

This kid will make an immediate imapct for the Wizards, good for them.
                sigpic

Comment

• milehighireland
                  Special Teams
                  • Feb 2009

I actually like the draft lottery system. It has the advantage of attempting to bring about parity in the league without the drawback of completely rewarding ineptitude. If you do badly in a season, sure, you deserve a shot at parity, but not a guaranteed no.1 pick cause you shouldnt be guaranteed a reward for total failure.
                  Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• BluenOrnge4Life
                    Since '85
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
                    I actually like the draft lottery system. It has the advantage of attempting to bring about parity in the league without the drawback of completely rewarding ineptitude. If you do badly in a season, sure, you deserve a shot at parity, but not a guaranteed no.1 pick cause you shouldnt be guaranteed a reward for total failure.
                    That's a good way to look at it.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                    X