PDA

View Full Version : Portis out 8 to 12 weeks!

Elway4King
09-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Did anyone see this? Sportsline is reporting that Portis injured himself in the weight room and will be out 8 to 12 weeks. If this is true good luck Skins. Who got the better of that deal now Salisbury?

www.sportsline.com

Cody J. Esquire

Elway4King
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
For some reason that headline is no longer there but if you have Fantasy football through Sportsline then you can go to Portis and it lists him as out for 8 to 12 weeks. I am not bullshi*ting!

Cody J. Esquire

BroncoManiac_69
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I couldn't find the story??

If it is true, I have always said that I wouldn't wish injury on anyone. And in the weight room?

O&B4life
09-09-2004, 02:17 PM
LMAO hahahaha oh all I can do is laugh. Guess his health couldn't keep up with his EGO!!

"Come on Clinton just one more rep.....ARRRGGGG"

bootydo
09-09-2004, 02:18 PM
My guess is that it's a misprint, until it appears somewhere in the headlines, like ESPN. And no one anywhere as of right now is reporting anything. I'd think that's pretty big news and it would be all over the place if it were true.

Elway4King
Well now Sportsline doesn't even have this story in the Fantasy section???? It was there because I would not have picked up Ladell Betts if it wasn't.

Cody J. Esquire

theshiverman
I havent seen anything about this on t.v, radio or the web, i hope it isnt true, id hate to see a good back like portis miss out on this season.

KCPowercat
Originally posted by Elway4King
Did anyone see this? Sportsline is reporting that Portis injured himself in the weight room and will be out 8 to 12 weeks. If this is true good luck Skins. Who got the better of that deal now Salisbury?

www.sportsline.com

Cody J. Esquire

I don't think you can evaluate a trade based on an injury after that trade, can you?

The Dark Knight
09-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I have Sportline fantasy and I don't see it.

The Dark Knight
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I checked around. It's a fake.

theshiverman
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by KCPowercat
I don't think you can evaluate a trade based on an injury after that trade, can you?

Yeah, take the K.C fans word on that dude, he still remembers just how good portis is...hehe

Elway4King
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
I checked around. It's a fake.

Well how in the world does that stuff get on there if it's a fake. Did you happen to see it? It was only there for about 10 minutes?

Cody J. Esquire

KCPowercat
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
hell we think EVERYBODY was that good with our defense last year :)

The Dark Knight
09-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Well how in the world does that stuff get on there if it's a fake. Did you happen to see it? It was only there for about 10 minutes?

Cody J. Esquire

The boys at NFL-Fans.com spotted it right away and it was discovered to be a fake. I guess it happens alot.

bronx_2003
09-09-2004, 02:29 PM
why would we want to see a top RB out of action? i love watching the best players.

btw - i believe we got the best deal by far and an injury does not need to prove anything to me.

Elway4King
09-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
The boys at NFL-Fans.com spotted it right away and it was discovered to be a fake. I guess it happens alot.

Thanks, I was just curious. It was there though I don't smoke weed anymore so I wasn't high.

Cody J. Esquire

theshiverman
09-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks, I was just curious. It was there though I don't smoke weed anymore so I wasn't high.

Cody J. Esquire

Yeah, sounds like somebody wanted people to drop portis so they could pick him up...heheh

BroncoAZ
09-09-2004, 03:08 PM
It's a haox.

www.redskins.com

NOTE: News reports that Portis is injured and will miss 8-12 weeks are ERRONEOUS.

Elway
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
LOL. I was thinking the same thing, someone having a hoax to get a hold of Portis. Did someone grab him from you? :p

NYCHIEFSFAN
09-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Sportsline posted an apology:

Portis not injured, as reported by CBS SportsLine.com
Sept. 9, 2004
By Mark Swanson
SportsLine.com Managing Editor

Contrary to a CBS SportsLine.com breaking news bulletin from CBS Sports insider Billy Devaney, Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis will not miss significant time this season with an injury.

CBS Sports, Devaney and SportsLine.com regret the error, which was prominently displayed on CBS SportsLine's home page for about 5 minutes late Thursday afternoon. It was egregious and, frankly, unforgivable, and we apologize to our readers, Portis and to the Redskins for publishing the misinformation.

Accurate information is a user and reader commodity we take very seriously, and this story did not meet those standards.

Again, please accept our apology.

http://www.sportsline.com/general/story/7663908

I wonder how many fantasy football players tried to trade Portis when they heard the news, then kicked themselves in the butt when they found out it was false?

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-10-2004, 05:36 AM
hahahahahahha

BroncFanInPA
09-10-2004, 11:11 AM

www.sportsline.com

Cody J. Esquire

The local sports show on TV had passed along the report also, don't feel bad. I work in an office full of Eagles fan, and the whole place was stirred up :D