View Full Version : Please tell me you dont miss this guy

Pages : [1] 2

Mcharger70
05-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I couldn't even watch the whole thing.... You Know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WCPxDYBjg&feature=related

TheBroncoEra
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't miss him one bit, I didn't like him when he was here and I still don't like him. He may have a big arm but he has as much leadership skill as a cardboard box.

RealBronco
05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
man i could hardly get through that interview the first time lol...you know?

kungfuhustle12
05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Wow, what a disappointing interview - almost as bad as the Palin and Couric interview!!

Big arm, little brain - leadership ranking = cub scout

JMHO

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Hahaha... you know... that is ridiculous... ya know? :D

BroncoFanBoy
05-27-2010, 03:12 PM
you know, i dont really miss him. i mean, you know, he has horrible leadership and you know, a whiny attitude.

http://comteam-ag.com/files/images/sections/beratung/YouKnow.jpg

LSIGRAD09
05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Hm, if only his talents, prior to this past season, could be put into somebody with a brain.

Justblaze2729
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
The only thing i miss about jay cutler is the way he wore all his bronco attire ...it looked cool on him ...the low helmet covering his eyes ...the jacket under his jersey the under armor and the sleeveless jersey he wore

I can not stand that ugly jersey orton wears with the lose sleeves ...that jake plummer style

Oh and not to mention that ugly chin strap orton wears ....we are in year 2010 kyle orton ..get with the times ...no need of looking like a kicker out there

:go:

Letsgobolts
05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
It would be an easy bet. Everytime he says "you know" take a drink

TheBroncoEra
05-27-2010, 08:22 PM
The only thing i miss about jay cutler is the way he wore all his bronco attire ...it looked cool on him ...the low helmet covering his eyes ...the jacket under his jersey the under armor and the sleeveless jersey he wore

I can not stand that ugly jersey orton wears with the lose sleeves ...that jake plummer style

Oh and not to mention that ugly chin strap orton wears ....we are in year 2010 kyle orton ..get with the times ...no need of looking like a kicker out there

Yeah I hate the open sleeves look, it just doesn't look right to me it looks really akward.

Hoserman117
05-27-2010, 09:58 PM
I truly hate that guy.

DancingHorsey
05-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow...:eek:

Joshecalpoly
05-27-2010, 11:15 PM
He didnt deny that when Bates was canned he didnt want out.

Get away from me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrRkvkvBcA&feature=related

LOL I like how Caleb Hanie said he was smarter and stronger gotta love thos CSU guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f44k5QWgs&feature=related

Everyone made it into this belief that the Bears would be instant SB contenders and we would be instantly out of playoff talks. Yet noone counted on the fact the baby doesnt think before he acts.

I feel bad for Orton but he is handling the QB position with professionalism, something Jay could not do.

sadom422
05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
This forum saddens me, that defence last year with cutlers arm is a superbowl waiting to happen, so you guys mean to tell me if cutler had said he wanted to stay in denver y'all wouldn't give orton up to get him? I'm jus saying wow we don't need him to be a leader, we got b dawk, and don't give me that QB crap, u think flacco is giving the pregame speech....NO!! Its ray doin that come on you can't win games without talent, and id rather lose the way we did wit shanny scoring and being excited rather than watching a team struggle to score 17 a game, its horrifying when I think about these past 2 years seriously

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
This forum saddens me, that defence last year with cutlers arm is a superbowl waiting to happen, so you guys mean to tell me if cutler had said he wanted to stay in denver y'all wouldn't give orton up to get him? I'm jus saying wow we don't need him to be a leader, we got b dawk, and don't give me that QB crap, u think flacco is giving the pregame speech....NO!! Its ray doin that come on you can't win games without talent, and id rather lose the way we did wit shanny scoring and being excited rather than watching a team struggle to score 17 a game, its horrifying when I think about these past 2 years seriously

....you cant be serious. I will give you that "qb crap". The defense isnt on the field the same time as the offense. Dawkins isnt in the huddle on offense. Every team needs a leader on the offense and defense.

You dont need a qb screaming at other players and making everyone depressed as he mopes on the sidelines after he just threw yet another int in the redzone.

I had much more fun watching that 6-0 stretch than any point with jay cutler. If it wasnt our horrible defense getting destroyed it was Jay throwing interceptions in the redzone. I was pissed no matter what, down that 6-0 stretch orton was average, we had an exciting running game and a devestating defense that was actually fun to watch.

I am grateful for cutler, grateful he gave us a ton of ammo in that trade to help turn our team around.

Mcharger70
05-28-2010, 03:51 PM

mmmmhmmm ,....... how bout dem bears

NoRingNoGlory
05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I miss throttling him.
I miss the Rivers > Cutler threads.
Those were the good ol days.

:sad:

Mcharger70
05-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I miss throttling him.
I miss the Rivers > Cutler threads.
Those were the good ol days.

:sad:

Yeah Jay was always available to do something stupid
and i miss that

I can't bash Orton , classy guy , showed some heart last year and honestly not a bad QB ...just not great

Thank god for McD ,..... in a way , we got our Jay back :P

sadom422
05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
....you cant be serious. I will give you that "qb crap". The defense isnt on the field the same time as the offense. Dawkins isnt in the huddle on offense. Every team needs a leader on the offense and defense.

You dont need a qb screaming at other players and making everyone depressed as he mopes on the sidelines after he just threw yet another int in the redzone.

I had much more fun watching that 6-0 stretch than any point with jay cutler. If it wasnt our horrible defense getting destroyed it was Jay throwing interceptions in the redzone. I was pissed no matter what, down that 6-0 stretch orton was average, we had an exciting running game and a devestating defense that was actually fun to watch.

I am grateful for cutler, grateful he gave us a ton of ammo in that trade to help turn our team around.

Ok well I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree

Now the year we drafted cutler we were winning the division with a 7-4 record cutler got hit and got a concussion and we lost the division in the last week, now 2 years ago we lose everygame after we lose hillis, but still with all that we still had a chance, let me ask you this if shanny does not cut mike bell before the season starts are we even having this conversation? really? I think not, look cutler had nothing with shanny gettin full of him self, look we beat great teams wit no defence good offence, just like we lost this year no offense good defense, I'm just sayin id take shanny on a down year wit cutler than take McD with this idk year, was it the celing was is the floor who knows but ill tell you this if we have a bad record this year, playing the lowely afc south and lowely nfc west, I will offically be putting McD on watch in my book, which means to me that I will give this team another year year to prove, then after that I would want him fired

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Now the year we drafted cutler we were winning the division with a 7-4 record cutler got hit and got a concussion and we lost the division in the last week, now 2 years ago we lose everygame after we lose hillis, but still with all that we still had a chance, let me ask you this if shanny does not cut mike bell before the season starts are we even having this conversation? really? I think not, look cutler had nothing with shanny gettin full of him self, look we beat great teams wit no defence good offence, just like we lost this year no offense good defense, I'm just sayin id take shanny on a down year wit cutler than take McD with this idk year, was it the celing was is the floor who knows but ill tell you this if we have a bad record this year, playing the lowely afc south and lowely nfc west, I will offically be putting McD on watch in my book, which means to me that I will give this team another year year to prove, then after that I would want him fired

That was incredibly difficult for me to read....:huh:

NoRingNoGlory
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM

Nice, two donks going at it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jp34JCG91Os/RuTsWwZHt3I/AAAAAAAABso/6Uflb62HUvk/s400/Donkeys_573.jpg

Sweet Jesus What is it? Precisely. Donks are obviously clueless when it comes to back bones.

Amari24
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
That was incredibly difficult for me to read....:huh:

Now be honest, did you expect all of that to be anywhere near comprehensible from him? :)

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Nice, two donks going at it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jp34JCG91Os/RuTsWwZHt3I/AAAAAAAABso/6Uflb62HUvk/s400/Donkeys_573.jpg

Sweet Jesus What is it? Precisely. Donks are obviously clueless when it comes to back bones.

was this supposed to be clever?

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Now be honest, did you expect all of that to be anywhere near comprehensible from him? :)

I heard something about shanny in a down year and then I got a brain freeze. :cheers:

Mcharger70
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Actually i just copy, pasted and emailed it to Raiderjoe1 and had him interpret it for me

Amari24
05-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Actually i just copy, pasted and emailed it to Raiderjoe1 and had him interpret it for me

ROFL!! Thats some funny **** :laugh:

sadom422
05-28-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm typing on a G1 phone so sorry I can't puntuate everything, I said ill take shanny's 8-8 over McD's 8-8, wit cutler and all. I think I liked that team better, it was more exciting and I think that after this year if we suck, McD will have 1 more year to pick it up b4 I start calling for him 2 b fired

Amari24
05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm typing on a G1 phone so sorry I can't puntuate everything, I said ill take shanny's 8-8 over McD's 8-8, wit cutler and all. I think I liked that team better, it was more exciting and I think that after this year if we suck, McD will have 1 more year to pick it up b4 I start calling for him 2 b fired

Your kidding yourself, McD won't even be considered on the hot seat for atleast 2-3 years. Dont wait...

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM

hes only had one year, and our point differential was much better than it was with shanny the previous year and we did it with a tougher schedule. To me its obvious which team is better.

Amari24
05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
hes only had one year, and our point differential was much better than it was with shanny the previous year and we did it with a tougher schedule. To me its obvious which team is better.

I think the fact that Orton had a better year than Cutler says all.

sadom422
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
I think the team that beat the saints and the chargers in 08, could beat the team last year that beat the patriots and chargers this year IMO

Mcharger70
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Ok gotta ask this then ... no smack just a question for you bronco fans

A) McD and Cutler

B) Shanny and Cutler

c) McD and Orton

d)Shanny and Orton

what would you have rather had

I would pick a) but that would have been for smack purposes and collecting pics and sound bytes used for the purpose of smack

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 05:02 PM

A) McD and Cutler

B) Shanny and Cutler

c) McD and Orton

d)Shanny and Orton

I would pick a) but that would have been for smack purposes and collecting pics and sound bytes used for the purpose of smack

Shanny and Tebow?

Mcharger70
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
was refering to this past year

Amari24
05-28-2010, 05:05 PM

A) McD and Cutler

B) Shanny and Cutler

c) McD and Orton

d)Shanny and Orton

C

10 chars

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I think the team that beat the saints and the chargers in 08, could beat the team last year that beat the patriots and chargers this year IMO

saints were a different team then and we squeeked by with a missed field goal, the chargers was a just plain ugly game that we needed the missed call to win.

Not that we had pretty games last year but in 2008:
Chiefs L 33-19
Patriots L 41-7 !
Raiders L 31-10
Panthers 30-10
Chargers 52-21

And those were just the REALLY bad games. We had some other pathetic ones like the bills jags and dolphins. We lost bad to some bad teams, I was sick of getting obliterated.

Our defense was epically bad but our offense was usually trash in our losses as well so they werent helping, plus they had a ton of turnovers which only made matters worse. I mean you almost have to add up all our points in the games I listed to match the chargers score in that final game.

sadom422
05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
For the question ill say shanny and cutler

But can I go on a limb and say I really in my wildest dreams wish we would have held out and offered the job to rex ryan, imagine cutler marshal jermey bates hillis and that defense, gives me chills

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
For the question ill say shanny and cutler

But can I go on a limb and say I really in my wildest dreams wish we would have held out and offered the job to rex ryan, imagine cutler marshal jermey bates hillis and that defense, gives me chills

whats so great about rex ryan?

Amari24
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
whats so great about rex ryan?

Maybe he gets so much praise because he produced the #1 defense. :salute:

sadom422
05-28-2010, 09:36 PM
To me he is the next in line for the title of inivative defensive coordinator I.e. monte kiffin, joe johnson, **** lebeau that company

Plus he took a way less talented team to the afc championship

Amari24
05-28-2010, 09:39 PM
To me he is the next in line for the title of inivative defensive coordinator I.e. monte kiffin, joe johnson, **** lebeau that company

Rofl, come on man. Everyone knows that Ryan and the Jets milked their way into the playoffs. They would of lost to the Colts if they hadn't benched all of their players. They had no business in the PO to begin with. However, they did an excellent job at knocking SD out once again :D.

Starbroncs
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM

we were expected to be a 2 win team and went 8-8. The jets had 7 wins before they played the bengals and the colts. We actually had a better record than them at that point, we were a very similar team in similar situations.

They just happened to finish their schedule with playing 2 teams that had their 2nd and 3rd stringers playing. Who is to say we wouldnt go to the afccg if we got to play backup squads? Thats why I hate this crap, I wish there would be something preventing teams from giving up on these types of games because it provides a lot of what ifs.

They were an average team that just lucked into the playoffs, now everyone treats them like superbowl contenders. I give them props for beating the chargers and bengals in the playoffs, but theres always upsets and who knows if they would have actually even made the playoffs if they played an nfl caliber team the last two weeks.

Amari24
05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
we were expected to be a 2 win team and went 8-8. The jets had 7 wins before they played the bengals and the colts. We actually had a better record than them at that point, we were a very similar team in similar situations.

They just happened to finish their schedule with playing 2 teams that had their 2nd and 3rd stringers playing. Who is to say we wouldnt go to the afccg if we got to play backup squads? Thats why I hate this crap, I wish there would be something preventing teams from giving up on these types of games because it provides a lot of what ifs.

They were an average team that just lucked into the playoffs, now everyone treats them like superbowl contenders. I give them props for beating the chargers and bengals in the playoffs, but theres always upsets and who knows if they would have actually even made the playoffs if they played an nfl caliber team the last two weeks.

We'll see this season, we play them once in the regular season so it will be an interesting game. People will now see how overrated Ryan is especially when he gets credit for the defense in the PO. Detroit could beat the Colts if they were playing their 2nd string. Like I said they milked their way in. I have to thank them though for knocking out the Dolts.

TheBroncoEra
05-29-2010, 10:19 AM
I truly hate that guy.

Agree with you Hoser, I can't stand Cutler.

TheBroncoEra
05-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Rofl, come on man. Everyone knows that Ryan and the Jets milked their way into the playoffs. They would of lost to the Colts if they hadn't benched all of their players. They had no business in the PO to begin with. However, they did an excellent job at knocking SD out once again :D.

You're not kidding, hell even Rex Ryan had the Jets written off for the rest of the year. Curtis Painter is the reason the Jets made the playoffs, but they knocked out the Chargers so I can't complain :salute!:

sadom422
05-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I would take rex(with shanny's Offense) is what I said, but look all the playoff senerios and what ifs can't be proven, its all opinion. But I can say this a rex ryan team wouldn't need cutler to be the leader rex is the leader, y'all can't seriously say our d is better than the jets, or that McD's offense is better that shanny's

Joshecalpoly
05-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Well if the Jets had lost at the end the Steelers would be in and if no them the Texans. If we had been beaten either the chiefs or the raiders at the end of the season weld be in.

Yeah I know Orton got injured and we had several other injuries including our O-line and LB's half way through the season not to mention the Marshall issue. We beat every single one of our division rivals in their home, we should have beaten at least one of them at home. Especially since we had over 99% attendance. We did well last year though considering we were supposed to be 4-12 and considering that most predicted SD to sweep us and the division and win the SB I pretty happy how the season went haha.

ChargersDivison
05-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Link to the Jets knocking out SD of the playoffs??

Sorry Jets had literally 0% to do with SD beating SD. Keading was what knocked us out. Jets just lined up as the annual sacrificial lamb to a superior SD team, like every year. But SD just finds a way to beat them self. They got rid of some of those factors.. As much as I love him and GOAT, LT being one and Cromartie being the other. Another fail by Kaeding and he will be gone.

Sorry in the playoffs no one beats SD, other than SD. Don't get giddy girls. Eventually SD is going to get tired of beating SD in the playoffs and just effortlessly steamroll the NFL year after year. I truly just feel we are so much better than every team, prolly in all of pro sports realistically.

Amari24
05-29-2010, 05:35 PM

Sorry Jets had literally 0% to do with SD beating SD. Keading was what knocked us out. Jets just lined up as the annual sacrificial lamb to a superior SD team, like every year. But SD just finds a way to beat them self. They got rid of some of those factors.. As much as I love him and GOAT, LT being one and Cromartie being the other. Another fail by Kaeding and he will be gone.

Sorry in the playoffs no one beats SD, other than SD. Don't get giddy girls. Eventually SD is going to get tired of beating SD in the playoffs and just effortlessly steamroll the NFL year after year. I truly just feel we are so much better than every team, prolly in all of pro sports realistically.

Or Rivers's lack of ability to score on his drives. Don't know why, but im getting really tired of seeing Kaeding's name come up whenever we mention the Jets. :D. Maybe you guys should of drafted a kicker in the 1st. It seemed to have worked for Oakland :D

Jer_ber73
05-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Your delusions are getting worse and worse. First it was a no.1 def and now its SD beat SD? Backpeddaling at its best. Just when I didnt think you could be any worse, more delusional, or better yet more epically homerish here you go again.

Amari24
05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Your delusions are getting worse and worse. First it was a no.1 def and now its SD beat SD? Backpeddaling at its best. Just when I didnt think you could be any worse, more delusional, or better yet more epically homerish here you go again.

You haven't seen my ROD sig bet have you :D?

Starbroncs
05-29-2010, 06:51 PM
I would take rex(with shanny's Offense) is what I said, but look all the playoff senerios and what ifs can't be proven, its all opinion. But I can say this a rex ryan team wouldn't need cutler to be the leader rex is the leader, y'all can't seriously say our d is better than the jets, or that McD's offense is better that shanny's

Our D isnt better but our offense is so who knows who the better team is. Mark sanchez was horrific last year, I know hes a rookie im just saying they had no offense last year.

Mcdaniels offense wasnt better than shannys either (granted it wasnt much worse point wise). But his D was miles better, we were a far better team with mcdaniels.

The playoffs scenarios arent all opinion. Its a fact that the jets got 2 freebies in the playoff race. Teams shouldnt be allowed to just play backups and give up on games because it completely messes with the entire standings. Its not even that I think denver belonged there more than the jets, im pretty sure there were other teams ahead of us. However why does a team that beats 2 backup squads deserve to be in more than a team that actually won their games against legit teams?

Sitting your starters screws the standings up, messes up the whole playoff picture and screws the fans out of their money. I always feel bad for the fans that spend their hard earned money to buy tickets only to find out they get to watch Sorgi (is he still the colt backup?) instead of manning? They should just forfeit the game, give the jets the W and give all the fans refunds.

NoRingNoGlory
05-29-2010, 10:15 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=346513&type=sigpic&dateline=1258426196

I swear that sig pic is goofy looking. Orton appears drunk and is about to fall flat on his face.

Amari24
05-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I swear that sig pic is goofy looking. Orton appears drunk and is about to fall flat on his face.

Wow, you must be bored...:incomplete:

Starbroncs
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM

No idea what your talking about there, this was really really REALLY weak.

Joshecalpoly
05-30-2010, 03:25 AM

So what your saying is they are the ultimate choke artists, because losing in a big game not because you were a worse team but because you just could not perform is what choking is. The bigger the game and the better the team the bigger the choke in other words us failing to make it to the playoffs as you see to put it by the fact we suck does not nearly and you losing in the playoffs because you just cant seem to win makes SD the biggest choke artists in Football not us.

Rivers was the best QB in the regular season I will give you that averaging 7.2 yards per attempt. In the playoffs he fell to 4.6 yards per attempt and 7th in the playoffs.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=QB&season=po

The year before the same result only he was at 4.7 and was 6th after being first with a 6.7 average.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=QB&season=po

Before that he was 17th and 9th on that list in regular season yet with similar results in the 06 playoffs (4.5) except in 07 when he stepped up his game being just as good as Manning.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2006&pos=QB&season=po

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2007&pos=QB&season=po

Yet strangely enough Vincent Jackson had more yards per time he was targeted then any other player in the playoffs and was better then he was in regular season

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=WR&season=reg
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=WR&season=po

The year before Chambers stepped up and was better then Jackson was in the playoffs.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=WR&season=reg
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=WR&season=po

Were you really done in by the .1 ypc increase (like the 0 change in the year before or the .4 decrease in 06) in the running game or was it the passing game?

Or maybe it was the 1.4 decrease in yards allowed per attempt your secondary managed to have

Or it could be the .2 yards allowed per carry decrease your line got

You can claim that it was Nates in ability to make shots he has a 75% chance of making but lets face it he wouldnt of had to make those if you could have driven down the field further considering he averaged only having to attempt field goals of 30+ range from 1 a game to having to make 3

Or was it that you were just inferior (you cant have it every way)

Any other poorly claimed excuses why you got beaten at home?

IgorBStrange
05-30-2010, 04:23 AM

Aw, geez, give it a break and quit whining about Kaeding. It should never, ever, ever have come down to his missed FG's. Those should have, could have, would have been touchdowns if Norv was a real HC and Phyllis was a real leader on the field.

So, what were the excuses all these other years your team blew it?

I know, I know, "wait 'til next year"....AGAIN.

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
So what your saying is they are the ultimate choke artists, because losing in a big game not because you were a worse team but because you just could not perform is what choking is. The bigger the game and the better the team the bigger the choke in other words us failing to make it to the playoffs as you see to put it by the fact we suck does not nearly and you losing in the playoffs because you just cant seem to win makes SD the biggest choke artists in Football not us.

Rivers was the best QB in the regular season I will give you that averaging 7.2 yards per attempt. In the playoffs he fell to 4.6 yards per attempt and 7th in the playoffs.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=QB&season=po

The year before the same result only he was at 4.7 and was 6th after being first with a 6.7 average.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=QB&season=po

Before that he was 17th and 9th on that list in regular season yet with similar results in the 06 playoffs (4.5) except in 07 when he stepped up his game being just as good as Manning.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2006&pos=QB&season=po

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2007&pos=QB&season=po

Yet strangely enough Vincent Jackson had more yards per time he was targeted then any other player in the playoffs and was better then he was in regular season

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=WR&season=reg
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=WR&season=po

The year before Chambers stepped up and was better then Jackson was in the playoffs.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=WR&season=reg
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2008&pos=WR&season=po

Were you really done in by the .1 ypc increase (like the 0 change in the year before or the .4 decrease in 06) in the running game or was it the passing game?

Or maybe it was the 1.4 decrease in yards allowed per attempt your secondary managed to have

Or it could be the .2 yards allowed per carry decrease your line got

You can claim that it was Nates in ability to make shots he has a 75% chance of making but lets face it he wouldnt of had to make those if you could have driven down the field further considering he averaged only having to attempt field goals of 30+ range from 1 a game to having to make 3

Or was it that you were just inferior (you cant have it every way)

Any other poorly claimed excuses why you got beaten at home?

You know you kinda posted alot of useless stats right?? YPA or YPC fluctuations of measly .5 or 1.0's, etc, etc.

The thing is, it's 1 or 2 or 3 games in the playoffs. The thing is the teams are better and in Rivers case. 07, 08, 09 were all against #1 defenses, #1 pass defenses as well. Not to mention in 07 vs the undefeated Pats who had a HORRIBLE #4 defense (sarcasm) he was basically playing on gravity with 2 bad knees.

It's simple. SD has choked in 06 and 09 to inferior teams and we got rid of guys or they are no longer here that were the main catalyst for those 2 chokes.

In 07 vs a superior Pats team, we were heavily injured, otherwise we beat them.

In 08 we were injured and ran into a slightly better team on the road.

All this is doing is preparing SD. For when they don't have to faced to defenses of the past couple decades, undefeated dynasties. It's only going to make them so much better.

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Aw, geez, give it a break and quit whining about Kaeding. It should never, ever, ever have come down to his missed FG's. Those should have, could have, would have been touchdowns if Norv was a real HC and Phyllis was a real leader on the field.

So, what were the excuses all these other years your team blew it?

I know, I know, "wait 'til next year"....AGAIN.

My team can atleast make it to the playoffs. What's your excuse. You clowns always blame the DC, fire them, throw them under the bus, hype up your new DC, team fails, fire them, throw them under the bus. Sooner or later you are going to learn your team sucks and continues to miss the playoffs due to alot more than just some poor scape goat DC.

DancingHorsey
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
It's simple. SD has choked in 06 and 09 to inferior teams and we got rid of guys or they are no longer here that were the main catalyst for those 2 chokes.

Umm...I thought you guys still had Rivers on your roster. :confused:

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Umm...I thought you guys still had Rivers on your roster. :confused:

I know you WISH he wasn't. But this is smack, not make a wish foundation. Rivers will be in your nightmares for 10 years, bare minimum.

Kruger?? Yeah right. There is a new NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xly7-B-omCw

DancingHorsey
05-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I know you WISH he wasn't. But this is smack, not make a wish foundation. Rivers will be in your nightmares for 10 years, bare minimum.

Kruger?? Yeah right. There is a new NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xly7-B-omCw

The guy couldn't even sweep us in a rebuilding year with Orton as our quarterback...

Do you really think he scares Broncos fans?

The guy is a good quarterback, but he ain't the end-all, be-all of the game of football or anything...

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 03:20 PM
The guy couldn't even sweep us in a rebuilding year with Orton as our quarterback...

Do you really think he scares Broncos fans?

The guy is a good quarterback, but he ain't the end-all, be-all of the game of football or anything...

You haven't rebuilt since like 99. Some Den fans have no grasp what rebuilding means. You don't rebuild by signing a bunch of old, washed up, reject journeymen vets. That's not rebuilding. That's looking for quick fixes for immediate results.

Rebuilding is what Det and ST Louis are doing. Team filled with so many young players. Some vets, but tons of young starters. 1 to 2 yr guys, same with KC.

With your best defense since 05, Rivers torched ya like usual 33 points and 24 points, 57 in 2 games. And won the division by 6 games. 6 with the 31st ranked rushing offense, plenty of injuries on the o-line and endless injuries on the defense playing the NFCE and AFCN, that's scary and reason why you won't be sleeping well every September to Feb. It's bad bro, real bad...

Rivers is king of the WEST and everyone is crumbling at his feet.

Oh hey Trent Green- BYE!!
Herm - hey, BYE!!
Brees - Hey guy, BYE!!

Shanny, Cutler, Kiffen, Culpepper, Russell.

Who's gonna save the west from the big bad franchise elite QB Rivers??

Can Tebow be the ultimate savior and hero vs the NFL's biggest QB villain probably EVER??

Stay tuned..... The epic saga continues!!

DancingHorsey
05-30-2010, 03:26 PM
You haven't rebuilt since like 99. Some Den fans have no grasp what rebuilding means. You don't rebuild by signing a bunch of old, washed up, reject journeymen vets. That's not rebuilding. That's looking for quick fixes for immediate results.

Rebuilding is what Det and ST Louis are doing. Team filled with so many young players. Some vets, but tons of young starters. 1 to 2 yr guys, same with KC.

Funny I could've sworn we have a ton of youth on our offense that's been brought in in the last couple of years...

Rebuilding doesn't mean we aren't going to try and win as many games as possible now. Rebuilding doesn't have to take the form of utter atrociousness. But you are Chargers fan so you probably think 1-15 seasons are inevitable...:P

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 03:27 PM
When it comes to Den vs Rivers, this is their theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gLMhkDfo4Q

THEY NEED A HERO!!

Amari24
05-30-2010, 03:28 PM

With your best defense since 05, Rivers torched ya like usual 33 points and 24 points, 57 in 2 games. And won the division by 6 games. 6 with the 31st ranked rushing offense, plenty of injuries on the o-line and endless injuries on the defense playing the NFCE and AFCN, that's scary and reason why you won't be sleeping well every September to Feb. It's bad bro, real bad...

Herm - hey, BYE!!
Brees - Hey guy, BYE!!

Can Tebow be the ultimate savior and hero vs the NFL's biggest QB villain probably EVER??

Stay tuned..... The epic saga continues

This proves you're a 10 year old ROD...:laugh:

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Funny I could've sworn we have a ton of youth on our offense that's been brought in in the last couple of years...

Rebuilding doesn't mean we aren't going to try and win as many games as possible now. Rebuilding doesn't have to take the form of utter atrociousness. But you are Chargers fan so you probably think 1-15 seasons are inevitable...:P

You have Graham, Orton, Stokley, Gaffney, Buckhalter as key players on offense and your defense is mostly all 5 plus yr guys is not older.

Rebuilding is taking the lumps with mostly all young guys and a couple vets here and there. Rebuilding is rare in today's NFL.

Amari24
05-30-2010, 03:36 PM
You have Graham, Orton, Stokley, Gaffney, Buckhalter as key players on offense and your defense is mostly all 5 plus yr guys is not older.

Rebuilding is taking the lumps with mostly all young guys and a couple vets here and there. Rebuilding is rare in today's NFL.

First of all some of those guys aren't even 30 yet so how are they old? And some of them aren't even key players. And a lot of WRs and TEs are around 30+ age area and some of them are still top players. Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, Donald Driver, just to name a few. We have plenty of young guys on our team that will step up when our Vets are done or have a huge nose dive. I Think thats why we have drafts. Thats better than having unproven rookies starting with no development time right?

DancingHorsey
05-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Don't be foolish. McDaniels has been systematically rebuilding our roster since he got here.

By the way, Graham is the only starter on that list that is over 30, and all the other guys have young prospects behind them that were drafted just recently. In fact, we have a lot of young guys coming up in our secondary and d-line as well, and our linebackers aren't old at all.

Try again. On second thought don't, you're making a fool of yourself.

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 04:05 PM
If Tebow pans out, it can be a epic battle of Good vs Bad.

Music queues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gLMhkDfo4Q

TEBOW: Religious advocate and college football's greatest player ever. A nice guy and the new HERO for Den.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/dustybender/bloody-tebow.jpg

As he challenges

RIVERS: Religious family man and NFL's brightest young QB and top 3 QB in the NFL. A absolute warrior and villain on the field like no QB has ever been.

http://raleightatum.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/rivers.jpg

The epic battle between good vs evil begins... But unlike the movie, good guys don't win in this epic battle...

http://www.apakistannews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Tim-Tebow-Crying-Video.jpg

The bad guy finishes first like he has his whole football career, always getting the last laugh.

The NFL's version of the Batman Villain Joker:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/philip-rivers-chargers.jpg

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Seen the next day:

TEBOW BRUISED AND BATTERED:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3207325740_94dcc68ff4.jpg

Rivers seen the next day taunting helpless Bronco fans.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/dahly_72/Sports/PhilipRivers.jpg

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
First of all some of those guys aren't even 30 yet so how are they old? And some of them aren't even key players. And a lot of WRs and TEs are around 30+ age area and some of them are still top players. Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, Donald Driver, just to name a few. We have plenty of young guys on our team that will step up when our Vets are done or have a huge nose dive. I Think thats why we have drafts. Thats better than having unproven rookies starting with no development time right?

You have 15 players on your team that are 30 or older. That's a old team.

SD has 5 out of their entire ROSTER.

You are delusional if you think Den is young. They easily have the oldest defense in the NFL.

Offense is alittle younger. Still Hotch starter over 30, same with graham, same with Buck and same with Stokley.

I rather put rookies and young guys in, have them take their bumps, have a bad year as a team "REBUILDING" then have those guys gain great experience and have a young core for over 6 to 10 years. That's rebuilding.

Having young guys play behind declining vets is not always the best thing.

Amari24
05-30-2010, 04:30 PM
You have 15 players on your team that are 30 or older. That's a old team.

SD has 5 out of their entire ROSTER.

You are delusional if you think Den is young. They easily have the oldest defense in the NFL.

Offense is alittle younger. Still Hotch starter over 30, same with graham, same with Buck and same with Stokley.

I rather put rookies and young guys in, have them take their bumps, have a bad year as a team "REBUILDING" then have those guys gain great experience and have a young core for over 6 to 10 years. That's rebuilding.

Having young guys play behind declining vets is not always the best thing.

Yes and that so called "old" defense didn't stop us from getting a top 10 defense in the NFL. I didn't see your "young" defense anywhere near #7 ranked defense. Buckhalter and Stokely aren't key players and your a moron to think they are. Graham is fine, because we have two younger TEs behind him, and like I've said before, a lot of TEs are 30+. I'd rather have my rookies sit down and study under HOF vets like Champ and Dawkins. I'd rather have my rookies sit down and have time to develope rather than getting rushed on the field and look like retards.

I Eat Staples
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Herm - hey, BYE!!
Brees - Hey guy, BYE!!

You crack me up sir, you really do.

Joshecalpoly
05-30-2010, 05:47 PM
You know you kinda posted alot of useless stats right?? YPA or YPC fluctuations of measly .5 or 1.0's, etc, etc.

The thing is, it's 1 or 2 or 3 games in the playoffs. The thing is the teams are better and in Rivers case. 07, 08, 09 were all against #1 defenses, #1 pass defenses as well. Not to mention in 07 vs the undefeated Pats who had a HORRIBLE #4 defense (sarcasm) he was basically playing on gravity with 2 bad knees.

In 07 vs a superior Pats team, we were heavily injured, otherwise we beat them.

In 08 we were injured and ran into a slightly better team on the road.

All this is doing is preparing SD. For when they don't have to faced to defenses of the past couple decades, undefeated dynasties. It's only going to make them so much better.

Its the playoffs the best defenses tend to be there and they tend to put up a good fight which is why some teams have a hard time competing in the playoffs, but a good QB and coach can pick apart the best defenses like Big ben and his coach did to us not to long ago.

Still you are right they were superior but before that you said that you were a superior team who choked, so I am confused which was it.

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes and that so called "old" defense didn't stop us from getting a top 10 defense in the NFL. I didn't see your "young" defense anywhere near #7 ranked defense. Buckhalter and Stokely aren't key players and your a moron to think they are. Graham is fine, because we have two younger TEs behind him, and like I've said before, a lot of TEs are 30+. I'd rather have my rookies sit down and study under HOF vets like Champ and Dawkins. I'd rather have my rookies sit down and have time to develope rather than getting rushed on the field and look like retards.

YDS PER GAME?? Yds don't win or lose you games. Point do.

FACT: SD allowed less points per game than Den. That was with 4 NT's on IR and atleast 15 different starters on our front 7 due to injuries.

Somethings you gotta take ya lumps and the bads, in order to get better. Rather than have growth impeded by aging declining supposed stop gap vets.

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Its the playoffs the best defenses tend to be there and they tend to put up a good fight which is why some teams have a hard time competing in the playoffs, but a good QB and coach can pick apart the best defenses like Big ben and his coach did to us not to long ago.

Still you are right they were superior but before that you said that you were a superior team who choked, so I am confused which was it.

SD beat your "good defense" 33-3, much worse than Ben and steelers.

2nd off, Rivers has done quite well vs #1 defenses in the playoffs. Avg'd around 24 PPG vs top 2 defenses in 06,07, 08 and 09 in the playoffs. Ben doesn't faced elite defenses in the playoffs outside of Balt in 08, which Troy won the game with a pick 6 and his kicker made 3 FG's.

SD was a far superior team to the 06 and 09 NE and NYJ. They beat themselves. 07 Pats were slightly better than SD. SD just started off horribly slow and when it was crunch time in the AFCC game SD was undermaned heavily due to injuries. Same in 08 vs PIT.

SD doesn't get beat in the playoffs, they lose the games. That's very fixable. If they were being blown out, I'd be worried. They are handing teams they should of, could of beat. But due to certain circumstances prevented THEMSELVES from doing it.

At the end of the day they lost 4 playoff game by 6.5 PPG. No worries here.

Amari24
05-30-2010, 08:16 PM

2nd off, Rivers has done quite well vs #1 defenses in the playoffs. Avg'd around 24 PPG vs top 2 defenses in 06,07, 08 and 09 in the playoffs. Ben doesn't faced elite defenses in the playoffs outside of Balt in 08, which Troy won the game with a pick 6 and his kicker made 3 FG's.

SD was a far superior team to the 06 and 09 NE and NYJ. They beat themselves. 07 Pats were slightly better than SD. SD just started off horribly slow and when it was crunch time in the AFCC game SD was undermaned heavily due to injuries. Same in 08 vs PIT.

SD doesn't get beat in the playoffs, they lose the games. That's very fixable. If they were being blown out, I'd be worried. They are handing teams they should of, could of beat. But due to certain circumstances prevented THEMSELVES from doing it.

I would be worried if you end the season with a 13-3 record and then lose to teams like the Jets.

SD doesn't get beat in the playoffs, they lose the games.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ChargersDivison
05-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I would be worried if you end the season with a 13-3 record and then lose to teams like the Jets.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Upsets happen, every year, every sport, every era, every week really

HOWEVER, going 6-0 and finishing 8-8, happens how often?? In any sports in terms of relative games per season?

Virtually never. Hmmm who has more reason to worry again??

Amari24
05-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Upsets happen, every year, every sport, every era, every week really
HOWEVER, going 6-0 and finishing 8-8, happens how often?? In any sports in terms of relative games per season?

Virtually never. Hmmm who has more reason to worry again??

How often do you see a fan make a comment like this?
SD doesn't get beat in the playoffs, they lose the games.

Virtually never right? :laugh:

Joshecalpoly
05-30-2010, 10:14 PM

So first it was a choke and I showed that only Rivers numbers decrease and it was the fact they fought a good defense and the I question his ability to win against a good defense and its a choke again can you quit going around in circles.

By the way I was talking about 05 when we had the #1 defense and we swept u. in a total of 43-24

Jer_ber73
05-30-2010, 11:14 PM

All you ever have at the end of the day is excuses. Injuries, cosmic mishaps, the opposing team found some fairy dust. Whats next? The opposing team is secretly the Gods of Mt olympus in disguise? This is getting redundant and stagnant. Find some new material ROD. Your getting boring.

ChargersDivison
05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
So first it was a choke and I showed that only Rivers numbers decrease and it was the fact they fought a good defense and the I question his ability to win against a good defense and its a choke again can you quit going around in circles.

By the way I was talking about 05 when we had the #1 defense and we swept u. in a total of 43-24

Rivers wasn't a starter in 05. Brees was.

Rivers has played extremely well vs #1 defenses in the playoffs past 3 years. We don't lose due to Rivers, games are close in the playoffs due to Rivers. The choke comes from our defense or our running game or play calling, or the injuries to PROBOWL critical players.

Jer_ber73
05-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Rivers has played extremely well vs #1 defenses in the playoffs past 3 years. We don't lose due to Rivers, games are close in the playoffs due to Rivers. The choke comes from our defense or our running game or play calling, or the injuries to PROBOWL critical players.

What do you do just copy and paste for every response from thread to thread? Except the fact that while Rivers in the regular season is easily top 5, in the post season he CANNOT perform.

ChargersDivison
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
What do you do just copy and paste for every response from thread to thread? Except the fact that while Rivers in the regular season is easily top 5, in the post season he CANNOT perform.

Then how do you explain

in 5 of his last 6 playoff games, mind you 3 vs #1 defenses #1, not #2 or 6. #1 in PPG and #1 in PASS defense.

Rivers: 101/160 1379 yds 8.6 YPA 63% comp 8 tds passing 1 TD rushing, 6 ints 92 QB rating. That's not bad if you ask me.

The 1 game I didn't count was 2007 vs NE, because that was Rivers at 50% due to playing on 2 shot knees. It wouldn't be an accurate assessment.

21 PPG on offense vs THREE #1 defenses, then a #7 and #8 defense. Not bad!! With not much help from his running game.

You act as if Rivers has played horrible in the playoffs. Just not true.

Beagle
05-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Then how do you explain

in 5 of his last 6 playoff games, mind you 3 vs #1 defenses #1, not #2 or 6. #1 in PPG and #1 in PASS defense.

Rivers: 101/160 1379 yds 8.6 YPA 63% comp 8 tds passing 1 TD rushing, 6 ints 92 QB rating. That's not bad if you ask me.

The 1 game I didn't count was 2007 vs NE, because that was Rivers at 50% due to playing on 2 shot knees. It wouldn't be an accurate assessment.

21 PPG on offense vs THREE #1 defenses, then a #7 and #8 defense. Not bad!! With not much help from his running game.

I notice you added his 1 rushing td but not his fumbles? why would you not use the NE 2007 stats not like his bad knee kept him from running he is a pocket passer. Even with your twisted/noncomplete stats 8tds and 6 ints and a 1-2 record isnt good numbers.

its all about the wins in 2008 when Cutlers numbers were better but its about stats now or when comparing Elway to Rivers ? ROD I thought you were a troll then I knew you were..now I think you're just a Homer..move along bud move along

Jer_ber73
05-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Then how do you explain

LOL. 8 td's and 6 int's is so Cutleresque ( according to your assessment of him ) its not even funny. Those are horrid stats for the BEST QB OF ALL TIME ( according to one ROD ) I would expect an all universe QB to have WAAAAY better numbers than that. This is your rebuttal? Just go home and let mommy make you a sammich lil' guy.

ChargersDivison
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
I notice you added his 1 rushing td but not his fumbles? why would you not use the NE 2007 stats not like his bad knee kept him from running he is a pocket passer. Even with your twisted/noncomplete stats 8tds and 6 ints and a 1-2 record isnt good numbers.

its all about the wins in 2008 when Cutlers numbers were better but its about stats now or when comparing Elway to Rivers ? ROD I thought you were a troll then I knew you were..now I think you're just a Homer..move along bud move along

Actually I used his last 5 of 6 games, which he is 3-2 in with those numbers. How many fumbles did he have that were lost?? 1 that I can think of vs 08 Colts.

Not to mention 1 int was a fluke bounce to Revis and the other was a deflected pass at the LOS vs Pit.

QB's need their legs to move in the pocket and plant to throw the ball and throw it with trajectory and velocity especially in the conditions they played the AFCC game in.

In 2006 Cutler and Rivers stats were close enough that record was a factor and Rivers won 4 more games than Cutler.

Your post made no sense, bud.

ChargersDivison
05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
LOL. 8 td's and 6 int's is so Cutleresque ( according to your assessment of him ) its not even funny. Those are horrid stats for the BEST QB OF ALL TIME ( according to one ROD ) I would expect an all universe QB to have WAAAAY better numbers than that. This is your rebuttal? Just go home and let mommy make you a sammich lil' guy.

This was seriously your rebuttal?? Sounds like a defeated man to me. Those numbers are better than Elway's post season numbers.

9 tds 6 ints 8.6 YPA, 92 QB rating and 63% comp. Cutleresque?? LMAO not even in the same realm. Cutler is lucky to have a stretch like that in 5 of 6 games in the regular season vs bad defenses. Let along vs the best defenses in the NFL 3 years in a row in the playoffs.

Considering the variables and circumstances, that's as good as they come.. So let us have another one of your demoralized defeated half assd rebuttals where you say nothing but "neener neener neener" I'm still waiting for you to prove Rivers isn't clutch and a top 3 elite franchise clutch QB and the best leader in football.

My guess I'll grow gray hair waiting. :incomplete:

Beagle
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Herer is what Rivers did in his last playoff game

What got the Chargers beat, yet again, was physicality. It wore them down. What unfolded here Sunday was a boxing match, a body puncher debilitating a boxer. By the end of the third quarter, the Chargers were ready to do what they did: fall. They wobbled when Rivers, backed into a corner of the end zone, made a horrific pass that Jets' safety Jim Leonhard picked off and, four plays later, Jets' rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez turned into a touchdown for the Jets' first lead at 10-7. And on the next Chargers' possession, Leonhard's backfield mate Kerry Rhodes blitzed and hit Rivers with a crushing blow, forcing a fumble that, although recovered by the Chargers, ruined any desperate momentum the Chargers hoped to muster.And when Jets running back Shonn Greene went 53 yards for the touchdown that was a knockdown blow to the Chargers, he did so by breaking through a tackle in the middle of the line and sprinting free.

"We did some things we didn't do the last 11 games," Rivers said. "We did some things we did do, but we were able to overcome them [during the regular season]."

The Jets turned out to be not only who the Chargers thought they were, but feared they were.

Each of the Chargers' last three playoff losses came to teams that were ranked in the in the top five in defense. When the going gets tough, the Chargers, apparently, don't get going except to the nearest exit.Rivers came unmoored as the contest went on, racking up two interceptions and fumbling once. He didn't look anything like the money player we'd praised him for being in December. All of a sudden he looked like Tony Romo, Southern California style.

BroncosFanAddict23
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM

I'll tell you who i do miss is jake plummer, dude was raw.

ChargersDivison
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Herer is what Rivers did in his last playoff game

What got the Chargers beat, yet again, was physicality. It wore them down. What unfolded here Sunday was a boxing match, a body puncher debilitating a boxer. By the end of the third quarter, the Chargers were ready to do what they did: fall. They wobbled when Rivers, backed into a corner of the end zone, made a horrific pass that Jets' safety Jim Leonhard picked off and, four plays later, Jets' rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez turned into a touchdown for the Jets' first lead at 10-7. And on the next Chargers' possession, Leonhard's backfield mate Kerry Rhodes blitzed and hit Rivers with a crushing blow, forcing a fumble that, although recovered by the Chargers, ruined any desperate momentum the Chargers hoped to muster.And when Jets running back Shonn Greene went 53 yards for the touchdown that was a knockdown blow to the Chargers, he did so by breaking through a tackle in the middle of the line and sprinting free.

"We did some things we didn't do the last 11 games," Rivers said. "We did some things we did do, but we were able to overcome them [during the regular season]."

The Jets turned out to be not only who the Chargers thought they were, but feared they were.

Each of the Chargers' last three playoff losses came to teams that were ranked in the in the top five in defense. When the going gets tough, the Chargers, apparently, don't get going except to the nearest exit.Rivers came unmoored as the contest went on, racking up two interceptions and fumbling once. He didn't look anything like the money player we'd praised him for being in December. All of a sudden he looked like Tony Romo, Southern California style.

This knee jerk reaction article is your saving grace??

He sure looked money to me when he threw his first TD vs Jets. Then looked money to me late in the game when he went 78 yds on top of a 15 yd penalty on VJ vs that #1 defense late in the 4th for another TD.

Sure looked money to me when he had 300 yds and 7.4 YPA with nearly 68% comp vs that #1 defense Jets. With no help from LT and Norv abandoning Sproles who had 11.1 yds per carry vs the Jets.

1 Int was a complete fluke on a difficult play that Rivers pulled off and got into VJ's hand, but the best CB made a good play and then got extremely lucky.

Yes the 2nd int was a horrible pass. 1 bad pass vs the top defense, not that bad. He fumbled but didn't lose it. Fumbled on a safety blitz mind you. Not like he held the ball for number of seconds. Unmolested blitzing safety.

Jets gave up 154 yds per game all year. Rivers had 300.

Jets gave up average of 51.7% comp all year. Rivers had 67.5% comp

Jets avg'ed 58.8 QB rating all year. Rivers had 76.9

Jets allowed 5.4 YPA all year. Rivers had 7.4

I dunno seems pretty damn good to me. I can only imagine what Den fans would say if that was their QB in the same exact position. They would blame everyone else other than the QB, like they used to for a far far far far far inferior QB like Cutler and much much less accomplished.

Go figure.

Beagle
05-31-2010, 07:23 PM

He sure looked money to me when he threw his first TD vs Jets. Then looked money to me late in the game when he went 78 yds on top of a 15 yd penalty on VJ vs that #1 defense late in the 4th for another TD.

Sure looked money to me when he had 300 yds and 7.4 YPA with nearly 68% comp vs that #1 defense Jets. With no help from LT and Norv abandoning Sproles who had 11.1 yds per carry vs the Jets.

1 Int was a complete fluke on a difficult play that Rivers pulled off and got into VJ's hand, but the best CB made a good play and then got extremely lucky.

Yes the 2nd int was a horrible pass. 1 bad pass vs the top defense, not that bad. He fumbled but didn't lose it. Fumbled on a safety blitz mind you. Not like he held the ball for number of seconds. Unmolested blitzing safety.

I dunno seems pretty damn good to me. I can only imagine what Den fans would say if that was their QB in the same exact position. They would blame everyone else other than the QB, like they used to for a far far far far far inferior QB like Cutler and much much less accomplished.

Go figure. You Forgot the other thing Rivers had

A LOSS

DancingHorsey
06-01-2010, 01:18 AM

Go figure.

Oh sweet lord...do you actually realize how absurd all these excuses are?

Bottom line: River's QB rating was a paltry 76.9 in that game.

Since you like to constantly harp on how amazing Rivers' passer has been of late, you need to freakin' own it when his rating isn't so great. Grow a pair and own up to the fact that your boy had a bad game, and was part of the reason your team lost to an opponent lead by a freakin' rookie quarterback, on their home turf.

Or you can keep making a fool of yourself. It's up to you...:coffee:

(Of course we all know which path you will choose.)

ursamajor
06-01-2010, 03:02 AM
LOL! Looks like this thread has backfired on the Chargers fans. :P

Joshecalpoly
06-01-2010, 04:08 AM

I was giving a recent example of how a skilled qb and coach can overcome a defense that is rated #1 also yards per attempt is an important stat considering the fact that its one of the major factor in passer rating which u hold in high regard (it shows how good of a decision a qb makes with a ball). Just as the Y/T shows the true value of a receivers production (Jackson is #1 regular season player in this category) as for Defensive stats they show how well your team stopped the run and the pass and the running game which didnt decrease as you thought.

That and completion percentage (which was apauling in the 06 playoffs (43.8) and decreased dramatically in 08 (57.7))

TD percentage (.0576-->.025 in 09 .0711-->.0423 in 08 and .0478--> 0 in 06 only 07 was good)

and the - INT percentage (.0185-->.05 in 09 .023-->.0282 in 08 .0326-->.0465 in 07 .0196--> .03125)

His scoring percentage is at least halved almost every year and he always throws more INT. His production drops while most of the others have been fairly good.

Thats what happens when ROD acts as his own worst enemy disproving his own points when he gets backed into a wall and now the Charger fans have to try and defend the respect they have for Rivers.

KWHIT97
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM

lol, is this a beauty contest? Orton could wear a leather helmet and a leatard over his uniform and I wouldn't care as long as he's winning football games!

TheBroncoEra
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Herm - hey, BYE!!
Brees - Hey guy, BYE!!

The same Drew Brees who just won a Super Bowl? :confused: :laugh: Yeah watch as Rivers conquers! :laugh:

I Eat Staples
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Then how do you explain

LOL! You never fail to crack me up kid.

ChargersDivison
06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh sweet lord...do you actually realize how absurd all these excuses are?

Bottom line: River's QB rating was a paltry 76.9 in that game.

Since you like to constantly harp on how amazing Rivers' passer has been of late, you need to freakin' own it when his rating isn't so great. Grow a pair and own up to the fact that your boy had a bad game, and was part of the reason your team lost to an opponent lead by a freakin' rookie quarterback, on their home turf.

Or you can keep making a fool of yourself. It's up to you...:coffee:

(Of course we all know which path you will choose.)

When compared to avg's allowed by said defense all season, his numbers for the game were much better than what that D allowed all year.

True or not?

So by the same token how can you say he had anywhere close to a bad game?

ChargersDivison
06-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Someone clearly needs their eyes checked. Charger fans only ones bringing facts, numbers, stats, logic to the table.

Then again you are a Bears fan, what do you really know about the aforementioned, I mean really?

ChargersDivison
06-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I was giving a recent example of how a skilled qb and coach can overcome a defense that is rated #1 also yards per attempt is an important stat considering the fact that its one of the major factor in passer rating which u hold in high regard (it shows how good of a decision a qb makes with a ball). Just as the Y/T shows the true value of a receivers production (Jackson is #1 regular season player in this category) as for Defensive stats they show how well your team stopped the run and the pass and the running game which didnt decrease as you thought.

That and completion percentage (which was apauling in the 06 playoffs (43.8) and decreased dramatically in 08 (57.7))

TD percentage (.0576-->.025 in 09 .0711-->.0423 in 08 and .0478--> 0 in 06 only 07 was good)

and the - INT percentage (.0185-->.05 in 09 .023-->.0282 in 08 .0326-->.0465 in 07 .0196--> .03125)

His scoring percentage is at least halved almost every year and he always throws more INT. His production drops while most of the others have been fairly good.

Thats what happens when ROD acts as his own worst enemy disproving his own points when he gets backed into a wall and now the Charger fans have to try and defend the respect they have for Rivers.

So what you are saying is Rivers plays at such a incredibly high pace in the regular season that he sets the bar so high for him, that when he still puts up respectable avg's in the playoffs it looks like a drastic drop off??

I vehemently prove my points, then am rebuttalled with 1 liners and weak preschool comments and smack and nothing but desperation opinion passed off as witty rebuttals.

I don't get backed into any wall. Rivers play defends itself and his stature demands the respect he gets from SD fans and league wide.

Andyy_47
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
The Jets defence was good, but when you play the Bills twice a year and their awful QB situation, a Bengals team who weren't trying, Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins early in the season, JaMarcus Russel, Jake Delhomme, Josh Freeman in his rookie campaign, that's 8 weeks of the season they played against frankly favourable opposition for almost any defence in the league.

They made bad QBs (Russel, Delhomme, Fitzpatrick, Painter) look bad. They made good QBs (Rivers, Brady) look average.

Garrard and Ryan still managed to beat them.

Go figure.

RaiderFanSD
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
The Jets defence was good, but when you play the Bills twice a year and their awful QB situation, a Bengals team who weren't trying, Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins early in the season, JaMarcus Russel, Jake Delhomme, Josh Freeman in his rookie campaign, that's 8 weeks of the season they played against frankly favourable opposition for almost any defence in the league.

They made bad QBs (Russel, Delhomme, Fitzpatrick, Painter) look bad. They made good QBs (Rivers, Brady) look average.

Go figure.

Hmm.. interesting that you put it that way.

ChargersDivison
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM

Go figure.

Look what they did to Schaub and Brees to.

Matt Ryan had a 69.7 QB rating vs them.

Joshecalpoly
06-02-2010, 12:22 AM
So what you are saying is Rivers plays at such a incredibly high pace in the regular season that he sets the bar so high for him, that when he still puts up respectable avg's in the playoffs it looks like a drastic drop off??

I vehemently prove my points, then am rebuttalled with 1 liners and weak preschool comments and smack and nothing but desperation opinion passed off as witty rebuttals.

I don't get backed into any wall. Rivers play defends itself and his stature demands the respect he gets from SD fans and league wide.

Let me put it this way if you took Rivers passer rating in the postseason this last year he would have been ranked 20th and only slightly better then Cutler if he did that well in the regular season (8th in the playoffs)

In 08 it his rank would have been 19th right below Jason Campbell (4th in the playoffs)

In 07 he would have jumped up to 16th (5th in the playoffs)

In 06 he would have been worst in the NFL (10th in the playoffs)

Despite the kicker whose job relies on the production of the QB his productions are the only one I showed to decrease. He had only 1 year where he would be ranked as an elite (top 4) and that was last year where he had his only game where he lead his team to a victory rather then crumble under pressure

ursamajor
06-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Someone clearly needs their eyes checked. Charger fans only ones bringing facts, numbers, stats...

Then again you are a Bears fan, what do you really know about the aforementioned, I mean really?

You mean like a fanbase so crappy that the majority of their home games throughout their history have bee blacked out-since blackout rules came into effect.

You really want to try bash on a fanbase of a team that has accomplished things, and has contributed things to the league that yours could not ever even come close to replicating?

Yeah I didn't think so.

ursamajor
06-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Someone clearly needs their eyes checked. Charger fans only ones bringing facts, numbers, stats, logic to the table.

BTW you need your eyes checked, this was supposed to be a Jay bashing thread, which was created by a spark plug fan-it has since dissolved into a Rivers bashing thread.

Pretty funny actually, what looked like it could have been a smack contender, has degenerated into...

http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/2043-fail-camera.jpg

Andyy_47
06-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Look what they did to Schaub and Brees to.

Matt Ryan had a 69.7 QB rating vs them.

Made them look average, what's your point? Brees still beat them, didn't turn the ball over either. And Matt Ryan still won the game, didn't turn the ball over.

Flip and flop it any way you want with River's stats in that game, the Jets defence was beatable, it wasn't invincible, quit using the excuse that it was the number one D in the league, when really they were a very good defence with a very favourable schedule.

Mcharger70
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
BTW you need your eyes checked, this was supposed to be a Jay bashing thread, which was created by a spark plug fan-it has since dissolved into a Rivers bashing thread.

Pretty funny actually, what looked like it could have been a smack contender, has degenerated into...

http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/2043-fail-camera.jpg

Just like any other thread that gets started on this forum

You could start a thread on feeding hungy kids in africa and it would come down to people saying "hey we could store all the food in the empty Chargers trophy case" or "dont let the Broncos near the food in December cause they'll CHOKE on it"

ChargersDivison
06-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Let me put it this way if you took Rivers passer rating in the postseason this last year he would have been ranked 20th and only slightly better then Cutler if he did that well in the regular season (8th in the playoffs)

In 08 it his rank would have been 19th right below Jason Campbell (4th in the playoffs)

In 07 he would have jumped up to 16th (5th in the playoffs)

In 06 he would have been worst in the NFL (10th in the playoffs)

Despite the kicker whose job relies on the production of the QB his productions are the only one I showed to decrease. He had only 1 year where he would be ranked as an elite (top 4) and that was last year where he had his only game where he lead his team to a victory rather then crumble under pressure

You can do the same thing with most all QB's. Their QB rating in the reg season compared to the playoffs. Especially when in the playoffs they are facing elite defenses.

Look at his last 2 playoff losses and his avg's in those game, compared to the avg's those D's allowed in the playoffs.

Rivers has led his team to 3 playoff losses, not 1. He also did enough to win vs Pit and NYJ in 08 and 09.

He even drove SD down the field vs NE with 1:05 left and no timeouts in 06 for a game tying FG that was missed.

ChargersDivison
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM
You mean like a fanbase so crappy that the majority of their home games throughout their history have bee blacked out-since blackout rules came into effect.

You really want to try bash on a fanbase of a team that has accomplished things, and has contributed things to the league that yours could not ever even come close to replicating?

Yeah I didn't think so.

What has the Bears contributed, other than a home for QB's careers to die?

You have 1 SB win and if not mistaken only 2 appearances. Hardly a impressive resume for a team who has been around since the 1915's.

For being around 40 years more than SD, Bears have 7 more playoff appearances.

SD in literally 1 year can replicate Chi's success in the NFL in the SB era.

ChargersDivison
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Cutler's play bashes itself, no need for a whole thread dedicated to bashing him. Has the guy even had a winning season yet, ever? That's a big fat FAIL!

ChargersDivison
06-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Made them look average, what's your point? Brees still beat them, didn't turn the ball over either. And Matt Ryan still won the game, didn't turn the ball over.

Flip and flop it any way you want with River's stats in that game, the Jets defence was beatable, it wasn't invincible, quit using the excuse that it was the number one D in the league, when really they were a very good defence with a very favourable schedule.

Brees did virtually nothing to beat them. NO's defense scored 2 td's to win that game. Brees had a bad game. Rivers atleast scored 2 times.

Ryan's defense managed 3 ints.

Andyy_47
06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Brees did virtually nothing to beat them. NO's defense scored 2 td's to win that game. Brees had a bad game. Rivers atleast scored 2 times.

Ryan's defense managed 3 ints.

Obviously we have different theories on what a bad game by a QB is. A bad game from a quarterback is when they turn the ball over and lose the game overall. I don't recall Ryan nor Brees turning the ball over whatsoever in their respective wins. Sure they didn't torch the Jets, but they still won the game without put their own team in much jeopardy. They both didn't have to settle for FGs for their kicker to miss did they? ;)

ChargersDivison
06-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Obviously we have different theories on what a bad game by a QB is. A bad game from a quarterback is when they turn the ball over and lose the game overall. I don't recall Ryan nor Brees turning the ball over whatsoever in their respective wins. Sure they didn't torch the Jets, but they still won the game without put their own team in much jeopardy. They both didn't have to settle for FGs for their kicker to miss did they? ;)

Brees had to depend on his defense to score 2 td's. If SD's D scored 2 td's, no need for FG's.

THey were both carried to wins.

Andyy_47
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Brees had to depend on his defense to score 2 td's. If SD's D scored 2 td's, no need for FG's.

THey were both carried to wins.

They both played safe and didn't put the opposition in the driving seat by turning the ball over, as opposed to, for example, Rivers gifting the Jets the ball in the red zone which lead to the Jets taking the first lead of the game, which changed the whole dynamics of the game. The Chargers have to play catchup, the Jets play keep-away.

Jer_ber73
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
They both played safe and didn't put the opposition in the driving seat by turning the ball over, as opposed to, for example, Rivers gifting the Jets the ball in the red zone which lead to the Jets taking the first lead of the game, which changed the whole dynamics of the game. The Chargers have to play catchup, the Jets play keep-away.

There is no way you can get him to understand this simple concept. Rivers isnt a post season QB. He cant win when he needs to or when his team leans on him. He crumbles and ROD absolutley will not see the light on this one.

Mcharger70
06-02-2010, 08:34 PM
There is no way you can get him to understand this simple concept. Rivers isnt a post season QB. He cant win when he needs to or when his team leans on him. He crumbles and ROD absolutley will not see the light on this one.

Was Elway only a post season QB for 2 years ?
Should he be in the Hall of Fame if you can only classify him as a choker for his whole career other than 2 years?

Joshecalpoly
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
You can do the same thing with most all QB's. Their QB rating in the reg season compared to the playoffs. Especially when in the playoffs they are facing elite defenses.

Look at his last 2 playoff losses and his avg's in those game, compared to the avg's those D's allowed in the playoffs.

Rivers has led his team to 3 playoff losses, not 1. He also did enough to win vs Pit and NYJ in 08 and 09.

He even drove SD down the field vs NE with 1:05 left and no timeouts in 06 for a game tying FG that was missed.

Yes but his rankings are what distinguish him from other QB's he is averaging 6th or 7th in the playoffs. When it comes to the playoffs he is in the middle of the road.

DancingHorsey
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
What has the Bears contributed, other than a home for QB's careers to die?

You have 1 SB win and if not mistaken only 2 appearances. Hardly a impressive resume for a team who has been around since the 1915's.

For being around 40 years more than SD, Bears have 7 more playoff appearances.

SD in literally 1 year can replicate Chi's success in the NFL in the SB era.

Wow you are one ignorant sod. The Super Bowl didn't start until 1967. Both teams have been around since its inception and the Bears have two appearances and one win to your one and zero. They also have 8 NFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl era. Sometimes you just make yourself look dumb as a brick.

The Bear's accomplishments > the Charger's accomplishments...by a few miles

DancingHorsey
06-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Was Elway only a post season QB for 2 years ?
Should he be in the Hall of Fame if you can only classify him as a choker for his whole career other than 2 years?

Elway didn't suck in the playoffs, he sucked in Super Bowls (though to be honest Reeves' Broncos as a whole sucked in Super Bowls).

Rivers sucks in the playoffs. Who knows if he would suck in Super Bowls or not. He's too busy losing before then...

ursamajor
06-03-2010, 04:17 AM
What has the Bears contributed

uhm a founding franchise

More HOFers than any other team

Most wins

9x champs

And how is this for "facts" chargers fan

The greatest thing your team has accomplished in their entire miserable existence is...being a footnote in another teams glory.

Cutler2007
06-03-2010, 06:22 AM

I was thrilled when we drafted him. I think he has the talent to be great, but as has been mentioned, he just is not a leader. He may grow up, get perspective at some point; however, all he really is right now is a highlight machine...for both the Bears and the opposing defense.

DevilSpawn
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
uhm a founding franchise

Most wins

9x champs

The greatest thing your team has accomplished in their entire miserable existence is...being a footnote in another teams glory.
You forgot the most important thing they had: a #1 defense.

Joshecalpoly
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM
You forgot the most important thing they had: a #1 defense.

Well the chargers were tied for the best defense in the playoffs this year but somehow were the only team to average allowing 17 points in a game to lose but hey according to ROD the D choked, but I guess holding an offense that scored 21 points on average to only 17 points was considered choking.

Still your right the Bears had a #1 regular season D in 05, in 01, in 88, in 86, and in 85. The chargers have accomplished being the worst defense on multiple occasions but since the Chargers merger into the NFL have never had a #1 D.

The last Broncos D to be #1 was in 89 so at least we have that, but we have had many times where we were a top D but not many of being the best.

I dont think the Chargers have any ability to talk trash to the Bears about their history.

TheBroncoEra
06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I was thrilled when we drafted him. I think he has the talent to be great, but as has been mentioned, he just is not a leader. He may grow up, get perspective at some point; however, all he really is right now is a highlight machine...for both the Bears and the opposing defense.

Yeah I think that if Cutler can get some leadership skills and be smart with the ball he can actually be good. I'm never been a fan of the guy and I think it's him holding himself back, but he's young and has plenty of time to change his play.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM

I'll take 2 tds and 2 turnovers over 0 tds and 0 turnovers, every time, 5 times on sunday.

TD's score points, turnovers don't. Points wins you games. Fact is without his D, brees would of lost to the same Jets at home.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM

Funny I've seen him win 3 PO games. How many have you seen the Broncos win in the last 11 years. Don't you ever get tired of looking utterly stupid.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes but his rankings are what distinguish him from other QB's he is averaging 6th or 7th in the playoffs. When it comes to the playoffs he is in the middle of the road.

It's easier to have 1 game with a good QB rating when you aren't playing the top defenses in the playoffs. You are comparing Rivers QB rating vs one defense which most of the time is a top 2 defense compared to other QB's in the playoffs vs much lessor defenses.

It's really simple. The real telling sign is how good does he do vs those elite defenses vs their avg allowed all season.

The fact is he has been nothing short of beastly.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow you are one ignorant sod. The Super Bowl didn't start until 1967. Both teams have been around since its inception and the Bears have two appearances and one win to your one and zero. They also have 8 NFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl era. Sometimes you just make yourself look dumb as a brick.

The Bear's accomplishments > the Charger's accomplishments...by a few miles

SO the difference is 1 SB between Chi and SD since the SB era?? WOW dominant. I guess Oak is that much better than Den due to 1 more SB.

Counting 8 NFL championships since like 1920, is not in the least bit impressive.

7 more championships in 40 more years of existence, in a time where there were like 6 to 10 NFL teams. lol god you are stupid.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
uhm a founding franchise

Most wins

9x champs

Founding?? So was the Arizona Cardinals, who cares, means squat.

More HOFer's?? You better when you have been around for 90 years. Again not impressive at all.

Most wins?? Again been around 90 years, not impressive.

9 championships in 90 years??

The bears are more than irrelevant in the NFL. They are basically non-existent.

Outside of 85, bears are nothing of importance, ever or ever will be.

Jer_ber73
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Funny I've seen him win 3 PO games. How many have you seen the Broncos win in the last 11 years. Don't you ever get tired of looking utterly stupid.

And the conversation,again, was NOT about the Broncos. You keep dancing around the FACT that Rivers basically lost that game for his team by turning the ball over. Your so called fluke int was thrown to who most consider the best CB in the league. So Rivers shouldnt have been throwing at that side of the field. And the other int was right to the defender so there is no spinning that one. And yes this was probably the most important game in your pathetic franchises existance just for the simple fact that this is the best Charger team EVER. I would imagine, Like I said earlier, that AJ and ownership wants RESULTS from all of this talent. But go ahead and spin it any way you want. YOU just end up looking STUPID. BRUH

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Well the chargers were tied for the best defense in the playoffs this year but somehow were the only team to average allowing 17 points in a game to lose but hey according to ROD the D choked, but I guess holding an offense that scored 21 points on average to only 17 points was considered choking.

Still your right the Bears had a #1 regular season D in 05, in 01, in 88, in 86, and in 85. The chargers have accomplished being the worst defense on multiple occasions but since the Chargers merger into the NFL have never had a #1 D.

The last Broncos D to be #1 was in 89 so at least we have that, but we have had many times where we were a top D but not many of being the best.

I dont think the Chargers have any ability to talk trash to the Bears about their history.

#1 defense is the highlight of a franchise's history??

How stupid??

DUR DUR Bears since the merger never #1 offense, SD 4 times.

Jer_ber73
06-03-2010, 06:50 PM

More HOFer's?? You better when you have been around for 90 years. Again not impressive at all.

Seems to me that the Bears can at least make a SB appearance recently. The Chargers? HMMMMM?

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
And the conversation,again, was NOT about the Broncos. You keep dancing around the FACT that Rivers basically lost that game for his team by turning the ball over. Your so called fluke int was thrown to who most consider the best CB in the league. So Rivers shouldnt have been throwing at that side of the field. And the other int was right to the defender so there is no spinning that one. And yes this was probably the most important game in your pathetic franchises existance just for the simple fact that this is the best Charger team EVER. I would imagine, Like I said earlier, that AJ and ownership wants RESULTS from all of this talent. But go ahead and spin it any way you want. YOU just end up looking STUPID. BRUH

The most important game of your pathetic franchise' existence was vs SD in 08 final game of the season and you were blown out on national television. That was probably your best team ever.

That's how stupid you sound. It's like you are so bitter than SD is so much better than Den and Rivers is unbelievably better than anything Den has had for ever now and ever will, that you just ramble not just stupidity, but fake stupidity.

The best QB's throw at the best CB's. Rivers threw the ball and VJ had it in his hands, perfect play. Revis made a fluke play and got a fluke int, it's that simple. We saw what happened in the 4th qtr, the money qtr. Rivers continued to own the Jets defense until Kaeding missed again, ST failed onside kick and defense failed 4th down stop.

You can't spin facts, FACT is Rivers is one of the 3 more clutch QB's in the NFL, it's not opinion is a statistically proven fact.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Seems to me that the Bears can at least make a SB appearance recently. The Chargers? HMMMMM?

Making the SB appearances now is a accomplishment that measures to winning a SB??? Only a Donkey fan would think so, getting smoked in 4 of them and all.

Jer_ber73
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
The most important game of your pathetic franchise' existence was vs SD in 08 final game of the season and you were blown out on national television. That was probably your best team ever.

That's how stupid you sound. It's like you are so bitter than SD is so much better than Den and Rivers is unbelievably better than anything Den has had for ever now and ever will, that you just ramble not just stupidity, but fake stupidity.

The best QB's throw at the best CB's. Rivers threw the ball and VJ had it in his hands, perfect play. Revis made a fluke play and got a fluke int, it's that simple. We saw what happened in the 4th qtr, the money qtr. Rivers continued to own the Jets defense until Kaeding missed again, ST failed onside kick and defense failed 4th down stop.

You can't spin facts, FACT is Rivers is one of the 3 more clutch QB's in the NFL, it's not opinion is a statistically proven fact.

YUP! Thats clutch. 2 int's and having to rely on your kicker to win games for you. That is definatley the verbatum definition of clutch.

Jer_ber73
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Best team ever? Seriously? That season was going down the drain and everybody knew it. YOUR team was picked to at least go deep into the playoffs and your crybaby noshow choke in the playoffs QB found a way, again, to piss it away. Cluth. LOL!!!

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 07:13 PM
YUP! Thats clutch. 2 int's and having to rely on your kicker to win games for you. That is definatley the verbatum definition of clutch.

Brady is considered one of the most clutch QB's ever and he won 3 SB's on the back of his kicker.

Anything else fail monster??

broncoFan!
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Brady is considered one of the most clutch QB's ever and he won 3 SB's on the back of his kicker.

Anything else fail monster??

The difference is their kicker could actually make field goals in 'da playoffs. :P

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Best team ever? Seriously? That season was going down the drain and everybody knew it. YOUR team was picked to at least go deep into the playoffs and your crybaby noshow choke in the playoffs QB found a way, again, to piss it away. Cluth. LOL!!!

That was your best offense ever. That was your best shot ever to win the division and do something, you choked it away royally like no one ever has.

Our best team?? With the 31st ranked rushing offense and like a 20th ranked rush defense?? Not even top 10 in defense or sacks forced or turnovers?? We went 13-3 and still have alot of room to get so much better, that's insane.

How about Den?? Not so much so.

Elway first 4 years starting 2 playoff wins, Rivers first 4 years starting 3 PO wins.

LMAO Elway was nothing more than a playoff choking whining poor sport baby, until Shanny built a team to carry him and his endless years of even mediocre regular season play.

Jer_ber73
06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
That was your best offense ever. That was your best shot ever to win the division and do something, you choked it away royally like no one ever has.

Our best team?? With the 31st ranked rushing offense and like a 20th ranked rush defense?? Not even top 10 in defense or sacks forced or turnovers?? We went 13-3 and still have alot of room to get so much better, that's insane.

How about Den?? Not so much so.

Elway first 4 years starting 2 playoff wins, Rivers first 4 years starting 3 PO wins.

LMAO Elway was nothing more than a playoff choking whining poor sport baby, until Shanny built a team to carry him and his endless years of even mediocre regular season play.

Stay on topic lil guy. Rivers IS the conversation. NOT Elway or the Broncos. Answer the questions put before you without trying to change the subject, RIVERS. Rivers, apparently, needs to be carried as well. He obviously cant win when he needs to and surrounded by the most talented offense (according to you) EVER doesnt seem to be helping him out in the post season.

ChargersDivison
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Stay on topic lil guy. Rivers IS the conversation. NOT Elway or the Broncos. Answer the questions put before you without trying to change the subject, RIVERS. Rivers, apparently, needs to be carried as well. He obviously cant win when he needs to and surrounded by the most talented offense (according to you) EVER doesnt seem to be helping him out in the post season.

Outside of 2006 vs NE and 08 vs Indy, show me a game where in the Playoffs Rivers wasn't the main contributor??

Ready.... Set.... GO!!

ursamajor
06-04-2010, 03:36 AM

So irrelevant, that the trophy for the conference is named after the team founder.

Actually the only thing that is the Chargers have ever had a claim to fame for was Don Coryell, and his offensive scheme. But the funny thing is, the current Bears OC proved to be infinitely more proficient and successful at calling it.

Bottom line is the chargers have always sucked, and have never been able at any point in time to call themselves the best.

9 championships in 90 years-helluva lot better than 1 championship (AFL) in 50 years.

LOL@The Chargers. A team so irrelevant that their games are oft not even aired on TV in Sandy Eggo.

I Eat Staples
06-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Chargers = bottom tier franchise. Don't argue Charger fans, admit the truth. Or maybe you don't know anything about football outside of your city.

bears6385
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah I think that if Cutler can get some leadership skills and be smart with the ball he can actually be good. I'm never been a fan of the guy and I think it's him holding himself back, but he's young and has plenty of time to change his play.I don't have a problem with Cutler's leadership of the Bears last year, but I like Cutler and the Bears.......go figure.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Then how do you explain

The 1 game I didn't count was 2007 vs NE, because that was Rivers at 50% due to playing on 2 shot knees. It wouldn't be an accurate assessment.21 PPG on offense vs THREE #1 defenses, then a #7 and #8 defense. Not bad!! With not much help from his running game.

And I guess Elway was 50% his entire career do to the fact he had no ACL in his left knee, and he was constantly in pain. If thats the case, I won't count all the times Elway lost in his Super Bowls as real losses. Talk about something not being an accurate assessment.. :laugh:

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3304713]Outside of 2006 vs NE and 08 vs Indy, show me a game where in the Playoffs Rivers wasn't the main contributor??

Ready.... Set.... GO!![/QUO

The JETS,JETS!!!!!DUH. 2 int's in the second half and not driving his team down the field and winning the game. Thats what top tier QB's do. Like Manning, Ben, Brees, Warner and on and on.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
So irrelevant, that the trophy for the conference is named after the team founder.

Actually the only thing that is the Chargers have ever had a claim to fame for was Don Coryell, and his offensive scheme. But the funny thing is, the current Bears OC proved to be infinitely more proficient and successful at calling it.

Bottom line is the chargers have always sucked, and have never been able at any point in time to call themselves the best.

9 championships in 90 years-helluva lot better than 1 championship (AFL) in 50 years.

LOL@The Chargers. A team so irrelevant that their games are oft not even aired on TV in Sandy Eggo.

Martz better than Coryell?? LMAO! God you are dumb. Coryell revolutionized offense.

Conference championship trophy named after Bears owner because they were around for 90 years.

AFC is named after Chief's owner, big deal. All irrelevant sidenotes of irrelevance.

Link to a Chargers game blacked out? I bet there has been a black out in CHicago more recently than SD.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Chargers = bottom tier franchise. Don't argue Charger fans, admit the truth. Or maybe you don't know anything about football outside of your city.

If SD = Bottom Tier Franchise. Den is easily bottom tier. I know more about football in all 32 teams cities than you do about Den.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
And I guess Elway was 50% his entire career do to the fact he had no ACL in his left knee, and he was constantly in pain. If thats the case, I won't count all the times Elway lost in his Super Bowls as real losses. Talk about something not being an accurate assessment.. :laugh:

Having no ACL for your career is not even in the realm of tearing your ACL 1 week prior to a game.

Don't be silly for the sake of being silly.

You get 1 free pass.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Martz better than Coryell?? LMAO! God you are dumb. Coryell revolutionized offense.

Conference championship trophy named after Bears owner because they were around for 90 years.

AFC is named after Chief's owner, big deal. All irrelevant sidenotes of irrelevance.

Link to a Chargers game blacked out? I bet there has been a black out in CHicago more recently than SD.

In all fairness Martz knows how to run an offense.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
If SD = Bottom Tier Franchise. Den is easily bottom tier. I know more about football in all 32 teams cities than you do about Den.

Yet you argue Rivers being the best QB in the NFL. If you knew all 32 teams as you say you do you would know that there are at least 2-3 QBs better than Rivers.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3304713]Outside of 2006 vs NE and 08 vs Indy, show me a game where in the Playoffs Rivers wasn't the main contributor??

Ready.... Set.... GO!![/QUO

The JETS,JETS!!!!!DUH. 2 int's in the second half and not driving his team down the field and winning the game. Thats what top tier QB's do. Like Manning, Ben, Brees, Warner and on and on.

Like Peyton did in the SB??

Like Ben did to get into the playoffs??

Like Warner did vs NO??

Like Brees did when his defense scored the pick 6?? Or maybe the AFCC game in OT. Oh no wait, that was his kicker who made that kick.

Rivers had 2 scoring drives in the 4th. Kaeding missed on one.

Keep up dimmy. Stop getting bullied and fight back.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:53 PM
In all fairness Martz knows how to run an offense.

Like he did in Detroit?? Or in St Louis with out Vermeil?? Yeah ok!

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Yet you argue Rivers being the best QB in the NFL. If you knew all 32 teams as you say you do you would know that there are at least 2-3 QBs better than Rivers.

At worst there is 1 QB better, Peyton. Maybe Brees. Close enough for me to have a tiny bit of bias to put Rivers #1. That's how close it is, where putting Rivers #1 is very valid.

Beagle
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305585]

Like Warner did vs NO??

Like Brees did when his defense scored the pick 6?? Or maybe the AFCC game in OT. Oh no wait, that was his kicker who made that kick.

Keep up dimmy. Stop getting bullied and fight back.You told him to name agame and he did..so you attacked the rest of his post..he aint getting bullied ya big ole ROD.You argue like a woman..all over the place because you have no point. Slap a pad on it.Yours needs changing

Amari24
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Having no ACL for your career is not even in the realm of tearing your ACL 1 week prior to a game.

Don't be silly for the sake of being silly.

You get 1 free pass.

Are you trying to argue that a torn ACL 1 week before a game is worse than playing on one your entire 12+ year career? Talk about being Silly, talk to me when Rivers has to get a new knee just to avoid feeling pain for his entire life.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Like he did in Detroit?? Or in St Louis with out Vermeil?? Yeah ok!

Didint he take St. Louis to a SB?

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305673]You told him to name agame and he did..so you attacked the rest of his post..he aint getting bullied ya big ole ROD.You argue like a woman..all over the place because you have no point. Slap a pad on it.Yours needs changing

I didn't tell him to name a QB. I told him to name a game for Rivers that outside of maybe 06 vs NE that he wasn't the main contributor in the playoff for SD to be close with a chance to win.

When did those guys drive their team down the field to a win in the same situations as Rivers, when??

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Are you trying to argue that a torn ACL 1 week before a game is worse than playing on one your entire 12+ year career? Talk about being Silly, talk to me when Rivers has to get a new knee just to avoid feeling pain for his entire life.

Elway played his whole career and if not mistake college without a ACL.. Sorry he was much more used to it, prepared, worked around it, strengthened his knees, did baseball and football, was mobile. It didn't even remotely botter him like you claim.

Rivers 1 week after a tear with another knees with a MCL sprain, insane. That's why Rivers was on NFL networks top 10 gutsiest performances and Elway wasn't.

Elway wouldn't of played with Rivers injuries. I'm hard pressed to think any QB would. Rivers is another breed. Tough as they've ever made them at QB.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Didint he take St. Louis to a SB?

Taking over Vermeil's offense with insane offensive talent.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Elway played his whole career and if not mistake college without a ACL.. Sorry he was much more used to it, prepared, worked around it, strengthened his knees, did baseball and football, was mobile. It didn't even remotely botter him like you claim.

Rivers 1 week after a tear with another knees with a MCL sprain, insane. That's why Rivers was on NFL networks top 10 gutsiest performances and Elway wasn't.

Elway wouldn't of played with Rivers injuries. I'm hard pressed to think any QB would. Rivers is another breed. Tough as they've ever made them at QB.

Yet he felt pain in his knee his entire career and he had to get a new knee. I'm not sure on how much you can strengthen your knee with one of your ligaments missing. And are you joking? Before these Tom Brady rules came into play, defenders were allowed to take a QBs knees out. Rivers would of gotten demolished in Elway's era...

Beagle
06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I didn't tell him to name a QB. I told him to name a game for Rivers that outside of maybe 06 vs NE that he wasn't the main contributor in the playoff for SD to be close with a chance to win.

When did those guys drive their team down the field to a win in the same situations as Rivers, when??

Lets see.. Big Ben in a superbowl year before last if I recall. Manning vs the Ravens on the roadt. Same with Warner,Brady,Brees and Eli in a superbowl too. I don't have to get into details they all have big fat rings to prove they can win in the playoffs when it counts.

You really trying to make that argument is RODiculas.. unless of course you mean the same exact situation.huge favs at home vs a 9-7 team that back door it into the playoffs only to lose .If thats what you mean.... never! ps he named a team not a qb.. learn to read

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305585]

Like Warner did vs NO??

Keep up dimmy. Stop getting bullied and fight back.

No like Rivers DIDNT do against the jets. Dimmy! Nobody bullies me, especially your dumb a$$! Like Ben did in the SUPERBOWL. Like Warner did in the SUPERBOWL and the PLAYOFFS for the Rams and the Cardinals. Like Peyton did in the SUPERBOWL. Peyton is 10x the QB Rivers is. How many years straight has he forcefully drug his team to DOUBLE DIGIT WINS and the PLAYOFFS in a row? 4 MVP's speak for themselves. Ben is waaaaay more clutch than Rivers. Driving his team down the field against a Cardinal Def that was playing very good and throwing that pass to Holmes was something that Rivers can only have wet dreams about.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Taking over Vermeil's offense with insane offensive talent.

I never said he was the best. Only that he was OBVIOUSLY good. Because Norv has NEVER taken the team that he took over from Marty with insane offensive talent ANYWHERE now has he.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305673]

No like Rivers DIDNT do against the jets. Dimmy! Nobody bullies me, especially your dumb a$$! Like Ben did in the SUPERBOWL. Like Warner did in the SUPERBOWL and the PLAYOFFS for the Rams and the Cardinals. Like Peyton did in the SUPERBOWL. Peyton is 10x the QB Rivers is. How many years straight has he forcefully drug his team to DOUBLE DIGIT WINS and the PLAYOFFS in a row? 4 MVP's speak for themselves. Ben is waaaaay more clutch than Rivers. Driving his team down the field against a Cardinal Def that was playing very good and throwing that pass to Holmes was something that Rivers can only have wet dreams about.

LOL at you thinking 1 game makes someone clutch. How stupid!!

You are getting relentlessly bullied.

First off Indy's RB's were the true MVP's of the SB. Show when outside his first year Rivers had that kind of help from his running game in the playoffs??

Ben vs Arizona?? The worst defense that was in the playoffs that year and the worst ranked team in SB history?? After Ben's defense scored a 100 plus yd int for TD that gave Pit even a chance to win? Rivers makes that throw to Holmes in his sleep. Rivers is ten times the QB, the thrower, more accurate, decision maker Ben will ever be.

You mean like when Warner did nothing vs NE in the SB and lost. The lowly NE pats at that time??

Or like when Warner made a tackle on Dyson on the 1 yd line to win.

No QB in NFL history would do more than Rivers in his shoes, no chance, not even close. Sorry that's as close to a fact as a prediction could be.

Wanna keep getting owned??

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I never said he was the best. Only that he was OBVIOUSLY good. Because Norv has NEVER taken the team that he took over from Marty with insane offensive talent ANYWHERE now has he.

Martz took over a SB champion and made them SB losers.

Norv took a one and done to a AFCC game.

You were saying??

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305700]

LOL at you thinking 1 game makes someone clutch. How stupid!!

You are getting relentlessly bullied.

First off Indy's RB's were the true MVP's of the SB. Show when outside his first year Rivers had that kind of help from his running game in the playoffs??

Ben vs Arizona?? The worst defense that was in the playoffs that year and the worst ranked team in SB history?? After Ben's defense scored a 100 plus yd int for TD that gave Pit even a chance to win? Rivers makes that throw to Holmes in his sleep. Rivers is ten times the QB, the thrower, more accurate, decision maker Ben will ever be.

You mean like when Warner did nothing vs NE in the SB and lost. The lowly NE pats at that time??

Or like when Warner made a tackle on Dyson on the 1 yd line to win.

No QB in NFL history would do more than Rivers in his shoes, no chance, not even close. Sorry that's as close to a fact as a prediction could be.

Wanna keep getting owned??

What you need to own is a BS meter becuse it would be pegged. Last time I checked Warner has 3 of the top 5 SB performances by a QB in the SB. AND he has been to 3 SUPERBOWLS. Kinda speaks for itself there. Ben in the playoffs and 2 SUPERBOWL WINS is as clutch as it gets. That was only one example. I remember passes like that to win games on several occasions. Ben is absolutely clutch in those situations. He is 100% in the superbowl defense or not. So thats at least 3 games for Warner and at least 2 for Ben. And thats not even counting the playoffs. Rivers gets a chance to beat up on a vastly inferior team and yet again he FAILED. Thats not clutch. Thats CHOKING!!!!

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Martz took over a SB champion and made them SB losers.

Norv took a one and done to a AFCC game.

You were saying??

You said it for me. The SB vs the AFCCG? Now which one is better? Even you should know this one. Oh thats right I forgot. You seem to be under the delusion that losing in the first round of the playoffs is better than losing in the SB. Riiiight.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305716]

What you need to own is a BS meter becuse it would be pegged. Last time I checked Warner has 3 of the top 5 SB performances by a QB in the SB. AND he has been to 3 SUPERBOWLS. Kinda speaks for itself there. Ben in the playoffs and 2 SUPERBOWL WINS is as clutch as it gets. That was only one example. I remember passes like that to win games on several occasions. Ben is absolutely clutch in those situations. He is 100% in the superbowl defense or not. So thats at least 3 games for Warner and at least 2 for Ben. And thats not even counting the playoffs. Rivers gets a chance to beat up on a vastly inferior team and yet again he FAILED. Thats not clutch. Thats CHOKING!!!!

So Ben having the worst statistical game for a QB in NFL history for a SB winning QB vs the Seahawks is clutch??

His WR had more TD passes than Ben.

Warner being 1-2 in the SB is clutch?? I guess Elway being 2-3 in the SB's is clutch.

Having a losing record is clutch??

You are so beyond delusional it's down right criminal. Ben is the complete opposite of clutch.

top 3 defense, Pit makes the playoffs 4 of 4 years.

Defense barely outside the top 10 0-2 for making the playoffs.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
You said it for me. The SB vs the AFCCG? Now which one is better? Even you should know this one. Oh thats right I forgot. You seem to be under the delusion that losing in the first round of the playoffs is better than losing in the SB. Riiiight.

1 HC did better than his predecessor the other didn't.

Hmm I wonder which did better.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM
1 HC did better than his predecessor the other didn't.

Hmm I wonder which did better.

Obviously Martz. He went to the SUPERBOWL. Your not very bright are you?

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305728]

So Ben having the worst statistical game for a QB in NFL history for a SB winning QB vs the Seahawks is clutch??

His WR had more TD passes than Ben.

Warner being 1-2 in the SB is clutch?? I guess Elway being 2-3 in the SB's is clutch.

Having a losing record is clutch??

You are so beyond delusional it's down right criminal. Ben is the complete opposite of clutch.

top 3 defense, Pit makes the playoffs 4 of 4 years.

Defense barely outside the top 10 0-2 for making the playoffs.
So in the comparison of just those two vs Rivers we can all conclude that they have both been to multiple superbowls. Rivers???? Anyone? Anyone? and yes Ben is clutch. Go watch some games where he has played in. Namely that 05 run. Or the 08 SB. Again....your not very bright are you. You arent allowed to post anymore unless your wearing your helmet.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305734]
So in the comparison of just those two vs Rivers we can all conclude that they have both been to multiple superbowls. Rivers???? Anyone? Anyone? and yes Ben is clutch. Go watch some games where he has played in. Namely that 05 run. Or the 08 SB. Again....your not very bright are you. You arent allowed to post anymore unless your wearing your helmet.

That game winning Super Bowl drive looked pretty clutch to me :D

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305744]

That game winning Super Bowl drive looked pretty clutch to me :D

And everbody else. Except for Rod.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Obviously Martz. He went to the SUPERBOWL. Your not very bright are you?

He did worst than the previous coach, dimmy.

Norv did better than the previous coach, dimmy.

Do you enjoy the stupidity hat?

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305734]

What did he do in 05 that was clutch, name it please?? Name the drive or the game and get ready to be owned.

Ben has had 1 clutch meaningful drive in his 6 year starting career, in the SB vs Arizona. But thanks to his D and solely his D he even had a chance. Rivers has never been put in that position in the playoffs.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM

What did he do in 05 that was clutch, name it please?? Name the drive or the game and get ready to be owned.

Ben has had 1 clutch meaningful drive in his 6 year starting career, in the SB vs Arizona. But thanks to his D and solely his D he even had a chance. Rivers has never been put in that position in the playoffs.

The position being in the SB?

Amari24
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM

What did his D have to do with his Super Bowl winning drive? Since when was the D on offense? If I remember correctly Ben single handedly shreded Arizona's secondary to win that Super Bowl. In the SUPER BOWL, thats clutch..

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
He did worst than the previous coach, dimmy.

Norv did better than the previous coach, dimmy.

Do you enjoy the stupidity hat?

One went to the SUPERBOWL dimmy. LOL your kinda dense too.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305767]

What did his D have to do with his Super Bowl winning drive? Since when was the D on offense? If I remember correctly Ben single handedly shreded Arizona's secondary to win that Super Bowl. In the SUPER BOWL, thats clutch..

Game was all but over, late in the 2nd qtr, Arizona up, on the 1 yd line, Warner throws a INT (P.S very clutch of Warner) Harrison returns for a 101 yd TD, to give PIT the lead going into the half.

Without that, Pit is never in position to win, NEVER!

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
One went to the SUPERBOWL dimmy. LOL your kinda dense too.

Grasping still huh??

Martz did worst than Vermeil.

Norv did better than Marty.

One coach elevated his team, the other made them worse.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305770]

Game was all but over, late in the 2nd qtr, Arizona up, on the 1 yd line, Warner throws a INT (P.S very clutch of Warner) Harrison returns for a 101 yd TD, to give PIT the lead going into the half.

Without that, Pit is never in position to win, NEVER!

And yet Ben could of went 4 and out or threw an Interception as well. But he didn't, he instead won the Super Bowl with his clutch passing on that drive.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Grasping still huh??

One coach elevated his team, the other made them worse.

And Norv is still "grasping" for a SB trophy. Or an appearance. Something from Rivers that gets the Chargers past the backed into the playoffs Jets.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305775]

And yet Ben could of went 4 and out or threw an Interception as well. But he didn't, he instead won the Super Bowl with his clutch passing on that drive.

Ok? He had one clutch drive in his post season career. 1 doesn't make someone clutch.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
And Norv is still "grasping" for a SB trophy. Or an appearance. Something from Rivers that gets the Chargers past the backed into the playoffs Jets.

Grasping?? More like preparing big guy. Sucks for you, huh??

You mean that #1 defense of the Jets. One of the best in the past 20 years?? ORLY?? Stupiddddddddddddd

Amari24
06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305781]

Ok? He had one clutch drive in his post season career. 1 doesn't make someone clutch.

So your saying the Steelers could've put Dennis Dixon in and got the same result?

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305790]

So your saying the Steelers could've put Dennis Dixon in and got the same result?

Yeah a QB who started what 1 or 2 games?? Real fair!

Put any of the top 20 QB's and yes, definitely.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305797]

Yeah a QB who started what 1 or 2 games?? Real fair!

Put any of the top 20 QB's and yes, definitely.

So now your saying Cutler could've won the Super Bowl in the same scenario? Interesting...

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305803]

So now your saying Cutler could've won the Super Bowl in the same scenario? Interesting...

Hard for me to say a QB who has led the NFL in ints the past 2 years is top 20.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305809]

Hard for me to say a QB who has led the NFL in ints the past 2 years is top 20.

Oh, and here I was thinking his Pro-Bowl entry a few years back ment he was at least top 20. Atleast give me 20 QBs better than Cutler. Aside from Rivers, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers, who are far better.. :D

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305781]

In Bens career he has 15 4th quarter or OT comebacks. Pretty impressive. In those games his rating is 100.5. CLUTCH. In the 4th quarter for his career his rating is 101.8.CLUTCH. In overtime his rating is 104.7. CLUTCH. With two minutes to go in the game his rating is 110.8. CLUTCH. When he is playing from behind his rating is better than when he is ahead(94.9)102. These seem to be the numbers of a clutch QB to me.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305812]

Oh, and here I was thinking his Pro-Bowl entry a few years back ment he was at least top 20. Atleast give me 20 QBs better than Cutler. Aside from Rivers, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers, who are far better.. :D

Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Favre
Rodgers
Ben
Eli
Mcnabb
Brady
Ryan
Flacco
Palmer
Cassell
Campbell
Schaub
Gerrard
Hassleback
Henne
Romo
Maybe Derrick Anderson (He had a winning season and a vry good season in 07)

Amari24
06-04-2010, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305816]

Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Favre
Rodgers
Ben
Eli
Mcnabb
Brady
Ryan
Flacco
Palmer
Cassell
Campbell
Schaub
Gerrard
Hassleback
Henne
Romo

April Fools is over :laugh:.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3305816]

Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Favre
Rodgers
Ben
Eli
Mcnabb
Brady
Ryan
Flacco
Palmer
Cassell
Campbell
Schaub
Gerrard
Hassleback
Henne
Romo

Even Cutler is more clutch than Rivers. He led the league in 4th quarter TD's last year. LOL thats sad. The league leader in int's is more clutch than your future HOFer.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305790]

In Bens career he has 15 4th quarter or OT comebacks. Pretty impressive. In those games his rating is 100.5. CLUTCH. In the 4th quarter for his career his rating is 101.8.CLUTCH. In overtime his rating is 104.7. CLUTCH. With two minutes to go in the game his rating is 110.8. CLUTCH. When he is playing from behind his rating is better than when he is ahead(94.9)102. These seem to be the numbers of a clutch QB to me.

Rivers has 11 in 2 less years. For the rest of your numbers, link to where you got career spilts, unless you did them manually year for year!

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305823]

April Fools is over...

I think not. More ints past 2 years than any QB says it all.

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305823]

Even Cutler is more clutch than Rivers. He led the league in 4th quarter TD's last year. LOL thats sad. The league leader in int's is more clutch than your future HOFer.

Pure stupidity. You know you fail when you don't even believe the smack you type. Sad display!

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305821]

Rivers has 11 in 2 less years. For the rest of your numbers, link to where you got career spilts, unless you did them manually year for year!

Got them on yahoo sports. Dont think Rivers quite matches up. The difference in a SB winning QB and an infamous playoff choker.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305828]

Pure stupidity. You know you fail when you don't even believe the smack you type. Sad display!

How is it stupidity? Cutler beats your golden boy in the most clutch quarter in the game. And again LOL!!!

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305829]

Got them on yahoo sports. Dont think Rivers quite matches up. The difference in a SB winning QB and an infamous playoff choker.

Rivers last 3 years in the 4th 106 QB rating. CLUTCH

18-0 in December. Clutch

Since 2006 only Peyton has more 4th quarter winning drives and come backs. Clutch

Rivers only QB in NFL history with back to back road wins when trailing by 17 plus in the 2nd half. Clutch

Rivers 64 tds and 2 ints in the redzone for his career. Clutch

Rivers never missing the playoffs. Clutch

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305834]

How is it stupidity? Cutler beats your golden boy in the most clutch quarter in the game. And again LOL!!!

lol Cutler 73.8 QB rating in the 4th quarter.

Rivers 98.8 in 09.

25 points higher. Pure stupidity.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305835]

18-0 in December. Clutch

Since 2006 only Peyton has more 4th quarter winning drives and come backs. Clutch

Rivers only QB in NFL history with back to back road wins when trailing by 17 plus in the 2nd half. Clutch

Rivers choking in the playoffs. Not clutch. Your smack is weak as is your QB. LOL

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I have no idea where you are getting your false stats from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=AjtYSdfVi2tq9P5qNEaeYOb.uLYF?year =avg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=AjtYSdfVi2tq9P5qNEaeYOb.uLYF?year =career

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305859]

Rivers choking in the playoffs. Not clutch. Your smack is weak as is your QB. LOL

Your smack is as non-existent as your QB

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305835]

18-0 in December. Clutch

Last year Rivers was 98.8 in 4th quarter. Pretty good but Ben is better....by a lot. With 2 mins left his rating is like 75. Not very good at all. When playing from behind his rating is 100. Ben is still more clutch. The really sad thing is his rating gets worse as the game goes on. Not very clutch.

Jer_ber73
06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
i have no idea where you are getting your false stats from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=ajtysdfvi2tq9p5qneaeyob.ulyf?year =avg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=ajtysdfvi2tq9p5qneaeyob.ulyf?year =career

last year dimmy!!!!! I guess I wasnt very clear in my post. The stats were for last year except for the comebacks. So just for this one post your not a dimmy.

Amari24
06-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Last year Rivers was 98.8 in 4th quarter. Pretty good but Ben is better....by a lot. With 2 mins left his rating is like 75. Not very good at all. When playing from behind his rating is 100. Ben is still more clutch. The really sad thing is his rating gets worse as the game goes on. Not very clutch.

Yeah his 500 yard passing game looked pretty good. And it was good enough to beat Green Bay and outperform Aaron Rodgers. I think he even threw a last second game winning TD. Clutch?

ChargersDivison
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM

By a lot?? Ben was 101.8 last year in the 4th. Hardly by alot.

Ben in the 4th in 08 was 74.7

Rivers in 08 in the 4th was 111.7

Past 2 years Rivers has been better.

Past 3 years

Rivers 106 in the 4th.

When behind 103.1

3rd Down 105

Ben past 3 years

89.1 in the 4th

When behind 94.9

3rd down 78.0

bears6385
06-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Link to a Chargers game blacked out? I bet there has been a black out in CHicago more recently than SD.1) Actually it wasn't Coryell's offense, you might say Air Coryell is the Real West Coast Offense of Sid Gillman. Coryell took that offense and adapted it first in St. Louis then San Diego. Martz then adapted that offense further as OC, and then as HC in St. Louis. Remember Martz started out watching this offense grow under Gillman at the old Balboa stadium in San Diego.

2) No the conference champoinship trophy is named after Halas, not because the Bears have been around for 90 years but because without Halas there would not be an NFL.

3) Irrelevant......Without Hunt holding the AFL together by a shoestring, you might be a Rams fan had the league folded.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3305878]

By a lot?? Ben was 101.8 last year in the 4th. Hardly by alot.

Ben in the 4th in 08 was 74.7

Rivers in 08 in the 4th was 111.7

Past 2 years Rivers has been better.

Past 3 years

Rivers 106 in the 4th.

When behind 103.1

3rd Down 105

Ben past 3 years

89.1 in the 4th

When behind 94.9

3rd down 78.0

The discussion was about last year. Your the one who preaches about RECENT history. Im talking about last year not the last three years. If you want to go a few years back then Ben has a ring to prove how clutch he is. The final drive in the SB proves that. When Rivers was given an opportunity to rise he tripped and fell. Last year Ben was better and obviously more clutch. And the Jets game proved that. I guess we know who the class of that draft was and it wasnt Rivers.

ursamajor
06-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Martz had a record breaking superbowl winning offense with a grocery bager-Coryell? Zero titles

Martz > Coryell by miles

And there have not been blackout in decades if ever in Chicago-SD-LMAO

bears6385
06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Like he did in Detroit?? Or in St Louis with out Vermeil?? Yeah ok!In Martz's two years in Detroit the offense rose 12 spots with 0 running game. In St Louis it was his offense, or should I say, his version of Air Coryell, not Vermeil's O. As OC in 99' set a then NFL record with 526 points, as HC in 2001, 14-2, #3 in the league in points, with MVP quarterback Kurt Warner.

bears6385
06-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Grasping still huh??

One coach elevated his team, the other made them worse.But Norv and Marty.........did worse than Martz and Vemeil.

ursamajor
06-05-2010, 11:17 AM
But Norv and Marty.........did worse than Martz and Vemeil.

Zing!

10 char

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3305885]

The discussion was about last year. Your the one who preaches about RECENT history. Im talking about last year not the last three years. If you want to go a few years back then Ben has a ring to prove how clutch he is. The final drive in the SB proves that. When Rivers was given an opportunity to rise he tripped and fell. Last year Ben was better and obviously more clutch. And the Jets game proved that. I guess we know who the class of that draft was and it wasnt Rivers.

First off last year Rivers was much better... He had the much much much better overall season, won 13 games and didn't choke to miss the playoffs like Ben.

Past 3 years Rivers has also been the much better QB. Ben has been carried by a #1 defense.

When Rivers got a chance in the 4th, he drove right down the field ever after a 15 yd penalty on VJ, vs #1 defense, something Ben could never do and he scored a TD on a beautiful drive.

That's what clutch is. Not Rivers fault he couldn't get the ball back to win the game, like Ben did in the SB.

Rivers is leaps and bounds the best QB of the 04 class and that's not even debatable.

Bradshaw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elway he never choked in a SB, was never blown out in a SB and has 4 SB rings.

Right?

You lose, once again. LMAO @ Ben being better than Rivers, ever?? You are cute when you act stupid. Which is alot!

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Martz had a record breaking superbowl winning offense with a grocery bager-Coryell? Zero titles

Martz > Coryell by miles

And there have not been blackout in decades if ever in Chicago-SD-LMAO

Martz couldn't carry Coryell's jock or Norv's jock as offensive minds or as HC's.

He will continue to fail like he always has in Chicago.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3306177]

First off last year Rivers was much better... He had the much much much better overall season, won 13 games and didn't choke to miss the playoffs like Ben.

Past 3 years Rivers has also been the much better QB. Ben has been carried by a #1 defense.

When Rivers got a chance in the 4th, he drove right down the field ever after a 15 yd penalty on VJ, vs #1 defense, something Ben could never do and he scored a TD on a beautiful drive.

That's what clutch is. Not Rivers fault he couldn't get the ball back to win the game, like Ben did in the SB.

Rivers is leaps and bounds the best QB of the 04 class and that's not even debatable.

Bradshaw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elway he never choked in a SB, was never blown out in a SB and has 4 SB rings.

Right?

You lose, once again. LMAO @ Ben being better than Rivers, ever?? You are cute when you act stupid. Which is alot!

How in the hell is Rivers the best QB of the class when 2 of them have a ring to prove they are better. Eli proved the doubters WRONG and drove down the field for the go ahead score in the SUPERBOWL. REMEBER? Ben drove his team down the field for the go ahead score in the SUPERBOWL. Rivers choked once again in the devisional round. Couldnt drive his team for a go ahead score if the defense of the opposing team was off the field. PUT YOUR HELMET ON BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN!!!!

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3306362]

How in the hell is Rivers the best QB of the class when 2 of them have a ring to prove they are better. Eli proved the doubters WRONG and drove down the field for the go ahead score in the SUPERBOWL. REMEBER? Ben drove his team down the field for the go ahead score in the SUPERBOWL. Rivers choked once again in the devisional round. Couldnt drive his team for a go ahead score if the defense of the opposing team was off the field. PUT YOUR HELMET ON BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN!!!!

How?? You me how is he not.. Rivers is far superior to Ben and Eli and it's not even debatable. No GM or HC or any real fanbase would take the either of them over Rivers.

Ben was carried by his D. Just like he wast in 04 when he played horrible vs NYJ. But they still won. Like in 05 when he played horrible vs Seattle and they still won. Or like in 08 when he played bad vs Balt and they still won.

It's why he's missed the playoffs 2 times.

It's why he's had 2 playoff games with 3 ints each, something Rivers has never done in his WHOLE CAREER, even 1 time. Pre, reg or post season.

It's why Eli has gone 1 and done 3 of 4 playoff trips. It's why he went 5-0 and missed the playoffs.

Neither can hold River's jock on their best day. 1 drive doesn't make someone ever average, let alone good or better than a top 3 QB. Why are you so in love with stupidity?

Amari24
06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3306437]

How?? You me how is he not.. Rivers is far superior to Ben and Eli and it's not even debatable. No GM or HC or any real fanbase would take the either of them over Rivers.

Ben was carried by his D. Just like he wast in 04 when he played horrible vs NYJ. But they still won. Like in 05 when he played horrible vs Seattle and they still won. Or like in 08 when he played bad vs Balt and they still won.

It's why he's had 2 playoff games with 3 ints each, something Rivers has never done in his WHOLE CAREER, even 1 time. Pre, reg or post season.

It's why Eli has gone 1 and done 3 of 4 playoff trips. It's why he went 5-0 and missed the playoffs.

Neither can hold River's jock on their best day. 1 drive doesn't make someone ever average, let alone good or better than a top 3 QB. Why are you so in love with stupidity?

I don't know, Ben's 500 yard passing game and game winning touchdown against Green Bay was pretty impressive.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Im going to make this as simple as I can for you. Eli's Def stopped the patriots. Eli repaid them by scoring enough to WIN the game. Ben's Def stopped the Cardinals. Ben repaid them by driving his team down the field and making one of the best passes in SB history to WIN the game. Rivers Def stopped the Jets and Rivers repaid them by....CHOKING. If I was Rivers Def I would beat the crap out of him. Your argument is always some QB is carried by his Def. It doesnt matter how often a Def stops an opposing offense their offense has to produce to win the game and Rivers simply doesnt in the playoffs.

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3306442]

I don't know, Ben's 500 yard passing game and game winning touchdown against Green Bay was pretty impressive.

I don't know Rivers past 2 full regular seasons and 18-0 in December is pretty impressive.

Amari24
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Amari24;3306462]

I don't know Rivers past 2 full regular seasons and 18-0 in December is pretty impressive.

Wow! Thats really impressive! What did that 18-0 record amount to in the playoffs?

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Im going to make this as simple as I can for you. Eli's Def stopped the patriots. Eli repaid them by scoring enough to WIN the game. Ben's Def stopped the Cardinals. Ben repaid them by driving his team down the field and making one of the best passes in SB history to WIN the game. Rivers Def stopped the Jets and Rivers repaid them by....CHOKING. If I was Rivers Def I would beat the crap out of him. Your argument is always some QB is carried by his Def. It doesnt matter how often a Def stops an opposing offense their offense has to produce to win the game and Rivers simply doesnt in the playoffs.

When did Rivers Def stop them???

You mean on the 4th and 1?? OH YEAH!!

Ben and Eli's D stop much better offenses to give their QB another shot. Rivers D did not. Prior to that Rivers went down the field scored a TD 14-17.

SD onside kicks, fail. 4th and 1 around mid field or actually on Jets 40 yd line, SD's D can't stop them, game over.

Put Rivers in that position in the playoffs ball in his hand with chance to win, it's money.

If by choking you mean top 3 clutch QB I agree. Rivers is so much better than Ben and Eli it's embarrassing.

So Bradshaw >>>>>>>>> Elway, right?

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3306464]

When did Rivers Def stop them???

You mean on the 4th and 1?? OH YEAH!!

Ben and Eli's D stop much better offenses to give their QB another shot. Rivers D did not. Prior to that Rivers went down the field scored a TD 14-17.

SD onside kicks, fail. 4th and 1 around mid field or actually on Jets 40 yd line, SD's D can't stop them, game over.

Put Rivers in that position in the playoffs ball in his hand with chance to win, it's money.

If by choking you mean top 3 clutch QB I agree. Rivers is so much better than Ben and Eli it's embarrassing.

So Bradshaw >>>>>>>>> Elway, right?

YOU said your Def was stopping them. YOU said it. You freakin hypocrit. Rivers was put in the only position a QB needs. The ball in his hands and an elite all universe Off. surrounding him. What more does he need? Being a top 3 clutch QB and all. Give Ben the ball in the playoffs in that situation and he wins. Two SB's proves that you moron. Whats embarresing is how often Rivers manages to choke away his chances at a ring.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 04:29 PM

I have showed you on numerous occasions how he is NOT. You just cant seem to face reality. Rivers is a CHOKER!!!!!!

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3306486]

YOU said your Def was stopping them. YOU said it. You freakin hypocrit. Rivers was put in the only position a QB needs. The ball in his hands and an elite all universe Off. surrounding him. What more does he need? Being a top 3 clutch QB and all. Give Ben the ball in the playoffs in that situation and he wins. Two SB's proves that you moron. Whats embarresing is how often Rivers manages to choke away his chances at a ring.

You mean like Ben proved that at home in 07 vs the Jags in the playoffs with his top 3 defense and he threw 3 ints??

Or like he did in the SB vs Seattle when he had the worst game in SB history of any winning QB and his WR threw more tds than him??

Eli and Ben did much of nothing the whole SB game, until their last drives. Rivers last drive vs Jets moron he scored a TD dimmy. Then his D failed to stop the Jets to get the ball back to Rivers to put him in the same position NYG and Pit's D did for Ben and Eli with a late drive to go up.

Follow along, god you are stupid, seriously. That are you are so beyond owned and you are justing wrecklessly paddling in sinking waters it's sad.

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM

I have showed you on numerous occasions how he is NOT. You just cant seem to face reality. Rivers is a CHOKER!!!!!!

Elway is a choker. So how easy it is just to say stuff.

Rivers >>>>>>>>>> Any QB Den will ever have. Stings huh?? I'd be bitter to and just spurt out random stupidity if that was my future.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 05:40 PM

I already simplified it so even you could understand it. I dont like repeating myself.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3306486]

And again, moron.

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3306492]

And again, moron.

Translation: I'm tired of looking stupid and making up the lamest arguments in the world that I myself don't even really believe, but I can't back down.

LOL @ the notion of Ben or Eli being better than Rivers in the reg, post or in the clutch. Pure stupidity!

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Jer_ber73;3306549]

Translation: I'm tired of looking stupid and making up the lamest arguments in the world that I myself don't even really believe, but I can't back down.

LOL @ the notion of Ben or Eli being better than Rivers in the reg, post or in the clutch. Pure stupidity!

Im glad you finally admitted who and what you are. Your on your way to recovery from being a Charger fan. You have a long tough road ahead of you but im sure the fans of the next team you support will help you out. It is kind of hard to compare Eli and Ben to Rivers in the post season because he doesnt ever show up.

milehighireland
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM

He was doing it constantly in the 08 season! Did u even watch any game not involving the chargers that year if you're making that sort of statement??

Ben has been in the NFL as long as Rivers but is slightly younger. Yet he has 2 rings - CLUTCH

15-0 in his first 15 games starting - CLUTCH

68 wins since 2004 - CLUTCH

8-2 in the playoffs at age 28 - CLUTCH

Only QB other than Tom Brady to have 2 rings before his 28th birthday - CLUTCH

22 4th quarter comebacks, only Brett Favre(44), Peyton Manning(34) and Tom Brady (30) have more among active players(which is pretty lofty company)

Source for my info regarding ben's comebacks incase you're wondering :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger#Comebacks.2Fgame-winning_drives_in_the_fourth_quarter.2Fovertime

7 and 8 on that list. Boom!

(and you could argue 6, it wasnt same season but it was still 05 and it was in a playoff game)

Elway is a choker. So how easy it is just to say stuff.

Rivers >>>>>>>>>> Any QB Den will ever have. Stings huh?? I'd be bitter to and just spurt out random stupidity if that was my future.

Nonsense, the name Elway is synonymous with being Clutch in the NFL. Fact.

NFL network top 10 had John Elway 2nd all time on a list of most clutch quarterbacks ever. Only Montana, with the amazing 49er teams he led, ranked higher.

47 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

Still has more rings than Manning (nobody questions peyton's greatness either) and at least went to the big game 6 times, 4 of them with teams he was basically carrying.

Give him the offensive weapons that SD have had this decade and a pass based offense geared towards him and he would have at least another two rings.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
He was doing it constantly in the 08 season! Did u even watch any game not involving the chargers that year if you're making that sort of statement??

Ben has been in the NFL as long as Rivers but is slightly younger. Yet he has 2 rings - CLUTCH

22 4th quarter comebacks, only Brett Favre(44), Peyton Manning(34) and Tom Brady (30) have more among active players(which is pretty lofty company)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger#Comebacks.2Fgame-winning_drives_in_the_fourth_quarter.2Fovertime

(and you could argue 6, it wasnt same season but it was still 05 and it was in a playoff game)

NFL network top 10 had John Elway 2nd all time on a list of most clutch quarterbacks ever. Only Montana, with the amazing 49er teams he led, ranked higher.

Still has more rings than Manning (nobody questions peyton's greatness either) and at least went to the big game 6 times, 4 of them with teams he was basically carrying.

Give him the offensive weapons that SD have had this decade and a pass based offense geared towards him and he would have at least another two rings.

Give it up. Even when faced with irrefuteable facts he still stammers some nonsense. The guy is hopeless.

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=ChargersDivison;3306556]

Im glad you finally admitted who and what you are. Your on your way to recovery from being a Charger fan. You have a long tough road ahead of you but im sure the fans of the next team you support will help you out. It is kind of hard to compare Eli and Ben to Rivers in the post season because he doesnt ever show up.

Must be hard to compare Den to SD in the playoffs, because Den never shows up.

If Eli and Ben are better than Rivers, than Bradshaw >>>>>>>>>>>>> Elway.

So you have at it. When the truth of the matter is and any expert will tell you, Rivers is a superior QB to all 4 of them. But like in war, those wounded dogs were carried to the finish line. Rivers is the calvary, he carries the wounded.

LMAO @ Ben or Eli even being 1/10 the QB let alone better. Why do you do this, seriously?

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Stabler has 2 SB rings..

Ben was horrible in his first SB and Pit won in spite of him. UNCLUTCH

15-0 as a rookie being the prototypical game manager.

18-0 in December >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 15-0 as a rookie game manager.

49 wins since 2006 for Rivers. That's clutch.

Based off Ben's play, they lose to Jets in 04 in the playoffs that's 7-2.

Based off Ben's play, they lose to Seattle in 05 in the playffs thats 6-3.

Based off Ben's play, they lose to Balt in 08 in the playoffs thats 4-4

0 SB's. But since you want to ignore how badly his team carried him, I mean historically carried him and use it as clutch??

Making the playoffs when your D is not top 10, Ben 0-2. When your Defense is top 3, not top 10, not top 5. TOP 3, FOUR FOR FOUR playoff appearances.

Please don't use Wiki, where anyone can add anything.

Try 17 4th qtr comebacks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RoetBe00

Since Rivers has been starter only Peyton has more.

Ben is nothing to Rivers, not even a blimp on his Radar.

Elway is 2-3 in SB's, LOSING RECORD. That spells choking to me. BLOWOUT losses to, to boot.

Jer_ber73
06-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Stabler has 2 SB rings..

0 SB's. But since you want to ignore how badly his team carried him, I mean historically carried him and use it as clutch??

Making the playoffs when your D is not top 10, Ben 0-2. When your Defense is top 3, not top 10, not top 5. TOP 3, FOUR FOR FOUR playoff appearances.

Elway is 2-3 in SB's, LOSING RECORD. That spells choking to me. BLOWOUT losses to, to boot.

You still dont get it. ALL of those QB's are SUPERBOWL champions. Rivers is only the footnote to the footnote of the AFC champion. So I guess he is the footnote to the footnote to the footnote of the SB champion QB. Elways 2-3 is STILL better than ANY Charger QB then, now or in the future of your pathetic franchise. Elway is 50x the QB of any QB in charger history, present or future. And Bens Def only put the ball in his hands. He had to do something with it and he DID. Rivers? Not even close to Ben. He is the Joke of that draft. Always has been, always will be.

ChargersDivison
06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
You still dont get it. ALL of those QB's are SUPERBOWL champions. Rivers is only the footnote to the footnote of the AFC champion. So I guess he is the footnote to the footnote to the footnote of the SB champion QB. Elways 2-3 is STILL better than ANY Charger QB then, now or in the future of your pathetic franchise. Elway is 50x the QB of any QB in charger history, present or future. And Bens Def only put the ball in his hands. He had to do something with it and he DID. Rivers? Not even close to Ben. He is the Joke of that draft. Always has been, always will be.

Elway was a infamous choker and baby and couldn't accomplish anything until they got the ZBS and had the running game carry that career choker.

Elway was the 3rd best QB in his own draft class.

Rivers will finish his career with more SB's, better SB record and unquestionably the best AFCW QB ever and one of the top 3 QB's ever. I'm sorry but it's already being written. His career is starting off much better than Elway's.

Ben and Eli are the Elway's of his draft class. Clearly the inferior QBs who were carried.

Rivers D unlike Ben's could get Rivers the ball to end the game, just like they couldn't vs PIT in 08 or NE in 07.

SD has had 3 far superior throwers, passers and traditional QB's than Elway. Elway was a slower, less athletic, big baby version of Michael Vick.

Sure Ben and Eli are upgrades over Den's QB situation past 10 years and for the rest of their existence, but my god who isn't??

LOL at you.

Mcharger70
06-05-2010, 08:41 PM
ok gonna Hijack my thread back , for those who are ADD or ADHD take our meds and focus

Rank these 5 QB's best to worst

Eli manning
Fran Tarkenton
Jim Kelly
Ben Rothlesburger
Dan Marino

bears6385
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Martz couldn't carry Coryell's jock or Norv's jock as offensive minds or as HC's.

He will continue to fail like he always has in Chicago.Really.....It seems like Martz improved on the Sid Gillman/Don Coryell model with his record setting offense in St. Louis.

bears6385
06-05-2010, 09:04 PM
ok gonna Hijack my thread back , for those who are ADD or ADHD take our meds and focus

Rank these 5 QB's best to worst

Eli manning
Fran Tarkenton
Jim Kelly
Ben Rothlesburger
Dan Marino1) Marino....What those Miami teams could have been had they one, just one pro bowl type running back.

2) Roethlisberger.......Legal troubles aside, three teams have dominated the AFC since 2000, and Big Ben is the quarterback of one of them.

3) Kelly....One of the best QB's of his era. Quarterbacked the best team to have gotten to four Super Bowls........ and lost.

4) Tarkenton....Lost to some great teams in the Super Bowl.

5) E. Manning.....Very good quarterback, but does not stack up to the others on your list.

ursamajor
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM

He will continue to fail like he always has in Chicago.

Always has huh? LMAO this will be a fun season.

BTW Mike is sprting more hardware than Don. And did it with an arena leaguer, and a 2-14 team the year previous.

milehighireland
06-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Stabler has 2 SB rings..

2-3 in the SB > 0-0 in the SB until further notice.

That link there backs my point up. there's 22 on that list between 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

Ben had a game winning drive in that same jets game in 04 playoffs, despite his performance.

Played terribly in SB vs Seattle but the team he led still found a way to win.

Pitt were in control for most of that Balt game in the 08 playoffs. Also, Ben threw for 255 yards and no turnovers in that game, that's a solid performance if you ask me.

18-0 in december is not far off worthless if you can't do anything with it.

8-2 playoffs > 3-3 playoffs.

As for that list:

1. Marino - no rings, although he literally had nothing at all to work with but put up crazy stats nonetheless
2. Ben - for reasons already stated by me
3. Tarkenton - Great QB, no hardware but came up against very strong teams
4. Eli - has a ring, led a game winning drive against one of the most complete teams in the SB era
5.Kelly - 4 SB losses but a great QB regardless

ChargersDivison
06-06-2010, 09:01 PM
2-3 in the SB > 0-0 in the SB until further notice.

That link there backs my point up. there's 22 on that list between 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

Ben had a game winning drive in that same jets game in 04 playoffs, despite his performance.

Played terribly in SB vs Seattle but the team he led still found a way to win.

Pitt were in control for most of that Balt game in the 08 playoffs. Also, Ben threw for 255 yards and no turnovers in that game, that's a solid performance if you ask me.

18-0 in december is not far off worthless if you can't do anything with it.

8-2 playoffs > 3-3 playoffs.

As for that list:

1. Marino - no rings, although he literally had nothing at all to work with but put up crazy stats nonetheless
2. Ben - for reasons already stated by me
3. Tarkenton - Great QB, no hardware but came up against very strong teams
4. Eli - has a ring, led a game winning drive against one of the most complete teams in the SB era
5.Kelly - 4 SB losses but a great QB regardless

You are sheettting me right?? He did nothing vs the Jets in 04 except lost the game for them, but like usual was bailed out by his team like he was in 05 SB and like he was vs Balt in 08 thanks to a Troy pick 6 to put the game away in a game Ben had about 45% comp.

Let it go, Ben was carried and is carried beyond belief. Any of 30 QB's in the NFL would win multiple SB's in his position.

As for that list. Sorry Ben and Eli are last, BYYYYYYYYY FAAAAAAAAR and to have it any other way shows how little you truly know about football and evaluating talent.

Please don't reference WIKI!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RivePh00

Like since Rivers has become Starter, Ben plays 2nd fiddle in "CLUTCH" to the far and awwwwwwwwwwway best QB of 04 and it's not even remotely, kinda, sorta close.

Jer_ber73
06-06-2010, 09:32 PM
You are sheettting me right?? He did nothing vs the Jets in 04 except lost the game for them, but like usual was bailed out by his team like he was in 05 SB and like he was vs Balt in 08 thanks to a Troy pick 6 to put the game away in a game Ben had about 45% comp.

Let it go, Ben was carried and is carried beyond belief. Any of 30 QB's in the NFL would win multiple SB's in his position.

As for that list. Sorry Ben and Eli are last, BYYYYYYYYY FAAAAAAAAR and to have it any other way shows how little you truly know about football and evaluating talent.

Please don't reference WIKI!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RivePh00

Like since Rivers has become Starter, Ben plays 2nd fiddle in "CLUTCH" to the far and awwwwwwwwwwway best QB of 04 and it's not even remotely, kinda, sorta close.

Other than one 2006 game and one 2004 game those are pretty solid numbers. I dont understand how you can call him a bad QB.

ChargersDivison
06-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Other than one 2006 game and one 2004 game those are pretty solid numbers. I dont understand how you can call him a bad QB.

What are you talking about?? Those links were for comebacks. That guy was referencing Wiki, which anyone can add BS to. I referenced a legit extremely CREDIBLE site for comebacks.

Ben has had 2 games in the playoffs with 3 ints.

Ben in 4 playoff games has a combined 10 ints. Rivers in 7 playoff games has 9.

Ben is fortunate he is in Pit. If they wisen up and ship him out, you will see a average journeymen.

chazoe60
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
1. Marino
2. Tarkenton
3. Kelly
4. Ben
5. Eli

I don't even think it's a question at this point to be honest.

ChargersDivison
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
1. Marino
2. Tarkenton
3. Kelly
4. Ben
5. Eli

I don't even think it's a question at this point to be honest.

Exactly... FTW! Nice job in restoring some credibility with Bronco fans.

Ben over Kelly and Tarkenton?? Are these 2 year football fans even in the zipcode of serious?