PDA

View Full Version : Official "Epic" NBA Finals Thread

Pages : [1] 2

rst08tierney
05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Congrats to both the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers for what will be another historic finals in the making.

CP bets are always welcome

rst08tierney
05-29-2010, 09:16 PM
HCA is Huge in the NBA finals with the 2-3-2 format. Over 90% of the time the home team wins.

I like the Lakers in 6 games. We celebrate on our own floor this time.

Spyder
05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Lakers in 6 or 7.

Yo, do you know the schedule yet? When the first game starts? I hope it isn't a week layoff or something.

rst08tierney
05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
First Games Starts Thursday

Game 1: Thursday, June 3

Game 2: Sunday, June 6

Game 3: Tuesday, June 8

Game 4: Thursday, June 10

Game 5: Sunday, June 13

Game 6: Tuesday, June 15

Game 7: Thursday, June 17

Spyder
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
First Games Starts Thursday

Ai'ight cool. That sounds about right, I guess.

Man I hope this is an EPIC series. No reason why it shouldn't be.

Bronco_Armada
05-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Celtics in 7

Doc Rivers leaves the game.

Media butt hugs Phil Jackson till he makes a decision.

Bosh joins the Lakers or wherever Wade or James plays.

Can't root for the Lakers.

Certainly can't root for a Californian team.

LbloodOjunkieG
05-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Yea, another "epic" finals. :rolleyes:

It really sucks that the same teams are winning titles year after year. The Celtics and Lakers account for about half of all NBA championships. It's no wonder Los Angeles and Boston have so many bandwagon fans. They have fans in every city, because they are always winning. Hell, most of my friends are Laker fans, and not Buck fans. *** is that ****? The Bucks will be my team for eternity, not just when they have a winning season. Here is to next year with a finals without LA, Boston, or San Antonio. By the way, Celtics in 7.

MNBroncs85
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I say lakers take the sweep or in 5 easily:salute:

MNBroncs85
05-30-2010, 01:27 PM

It really sucks that the same teams are winning titles year after year. The Celtics and Lakers account for about half of all NBA championships. It's no wonder Los Angeles and Boston have so many bandwagon fans. They have fans in every city, because they are always winning. Hell, most of my friends are Laker fans, and not Buck fans. *** is that ****? The Bucks will be my team for eternity, not just when they have a winning season. Here is to next year with a finals without LA, Boston, or San Antonio. By the way, Celtics in 7.

Exactly this is why the nba needs a cap as well as the mlb. Why win a championship when you can just purchase one.

rst08tierney
05-30-2010, 01:28 PM

The difference between the lakers and the bucks is location. Lakers are Hollywood and our owner is willing to spend the cash on MLE players and Superstars since he knows ticket prices will pay him back. Our fan base is so huge since we constantly have a winning team. People like a winner, but dont assume that more then half of our fans are bandwagon fans. LA has a rich basketball history and many of us were brought up on the lakers

By the way, how much are floor seats for one bucks game? Im sure they dont start at $3300. Thats will give you an idea on why we can have Pau/Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Artest/Odem on the same team and STILL have the brass turn a profit.

rst08tierney
05-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Exactly this is why the nba needs a cap as well as the mlb. Why win a championship when you can just purchase one.

The NBA does have a Salary Cap. The 2009-2010 season was set at 57.7 million. If an owner decides to go over, they have to pay an out of pocket luxury tax. The teams to go over for this season were the following. (New York took on as many expiring contracts as possible this year to save cap room for next year)

New York ($23,736,207), Dallas ($23,611,661), Cleveland ($13,707,010), Boston ($8,294,664), Los Angeles Lakers ($7,185,631), Portland ($5,899,356) and Phoenix ($4,918,136).

LbloodOjunkieG
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
The difference between the lakers and the bucks is location. Lakers are Hollywood and our owner is willing to spend the cash on MLE players and Superstars since he knows ticket prices will pay him back. Our fan base is so huge since we constantly have a winning team. People like a winner, but dont assume that more then half of our fans are bandwagon fans. LA has a rich basketball history and many of us were brought up on the lakers

By the way, how much are floor seats for one bucks game? Im sure they dont start at $3300. Thats will give you an idea on why we can have Pau/Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Artest/Odem on the same team and STILL have the brass turn a profit.

I hear ya. I know the major difference is location. For one, like you said, LA makes more cash and has an owner willing to spend. There have been whispers the past few seasons that Herb Kohl would like to sell the team because it's not worth keeping, which would break my heart. I love the Bucks more than any other sports team and would be devastated if we lost them. Secondly, nobody wants to play for the Bucks. Most players, if choosing between Los Angeles and Milwaukee, will choose Los Angeles, and I can't really blame them. The most frustrating thing I guess is just my friends, and the more they root for a none home team the more I hate the team they are rooting for. It REALLY drives me insane when they show all this support for LA, but could care less when Milwaukee plays, if they win or lose, if they make the playoffs, who they draft, who they sign, etc. Anyways, good luck in the finals. I'm hoping it will be a good one, which it probably will. I'm rooting for Boston though.

armedequation
05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
lets see if sasha throws elbows at nate to try and lose us a game :D

even with bynum hurting i say in 6 for the lakers. Bynum may be gone next year....just too injury prone and I dont think his knees will ever be the same.

i think kobe's 30 streak will last 1-2 more games but i think that will end in boston.

oh and rst is right on with the fact that most of us laker fans got started with showtime and company.

Chillez
05-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Lakers in 6 games I'm calling it know. :salute!:

Going be a great series I can't wait! :td:

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
05-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Lakers in 5 :coffee:

DevilSpawn
05-30-2010, 05:10 PM
oh and rst is right on with the fact that most of us laker fans got started with showtime and company.
Showtime was what made me start watching basketball.

Then one night, the Knicks (led by Riley) beat the Bulls in Chicago in the playoffs. I switched and never looked back. I would say that was the biggest mistake I made as a sports fan, but man I enjoyed the hell out of thise 90s Knicks team even if they failed to bring what LeBron, Wade, Bosh and/or Dirk will bring us. :D :peace:

rst08tierney
05-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Great write up on the series by hoops world

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16360

Sparky The Sun Devil
05-30-2010, 09:50 PM
actually suns v celtics would be epic...................

rst08tierney
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/msliralizbeth/KobeChamps.jpg

milehighireland
05-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Lot of people writing the Celtics off it seems... i know homecourt is huge in the 2-3-2 format (although, having said that, i have the feeling Lakers fans wouldnt be any less confident if they were matching up against Orlando without homecourt in the same system) but the Cs have been fighting an uphill battle against very strong teams such as Orlando and the Cavs since they got past Miami. Meanwhile LA only really were tested in the road games in the OKC and PHX matchups. This higher standard of competition might give the Cs a bit of an edge.
(btw, no disrespect at all intended to Suns fans but IMO the Celtics winning road matchups against the Cavs and Orlando, who both had better records than the Lakers, is more impressive than LA winning home matchups against Utah and the Suns, who they generally beat anyways.)

Bear in mind that the Cs record once they reach the finals is an astounding 17-3, with a 9-2 record in finals matchups against the Lakers.

Having said that, CP bet wise, im going for the lakers again, so that I benefit whatever way the series turns out.

12and4
05-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Lakers in 5

Maharishineo
05-31-2010, 06:48 AM
Re:

Lakers in 5 :coffee:

...and all similar posts:

I think you're taking the Celtics way too lightly. Last time these teams matched up Celtics won in 6. Difference now? BOTH teams have had more time to gel with their then newly acquired players, so that shouldn't be much of a reason to think this will be any different. However, if you were going to make that argument you'd say (1) the Lakers now have Bynum, but also remember that the Celtic's biggest question mark last time was Rondo and now he's a MUCH improved player and member of the big four, and (2) the Celtics are older. Then again, so is Kobe, right Lakers fans, right? No? That's not stopping Kobe? Oh... I see.

I'm going Celtics in six, although I'm becoming more inclined to say seven. The ONLY way I could see Lakers win it is in seven.

PhillyBronco24
05-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Re:

...and all similar posts:

I think you're taking the Celtics way too lightly. Last time these teams matched up Celtics won in 6. Difference now? BOTH teams have had more time to gel with their then newly acquired players, so that shouldn't be much of a reason to think this will be any different. However, if you were going to make that argument you'd say (1) the Lakers now have Bynum, but also remember that the Celtic's biggest question mark last time was Rondo and now he's a MUCH improved player and member of the big four, and (2) the Celtics are older. Then again, so is Kobe, right Lakers fans, right? No? That's not stopping Kobe? Oh... I see.

I'm going Celtics in six, although I'm becoming more inclined to say seven. The ONLY way I could see Lakers win it is in seven.

Maybe the cavs took them lightly but the lakers wont make the same mistake. Kobe's veteran leadership will do a lot for the lakers this series.

Rondo is good yes, but what pg has he gone up against? Mo his defense is a joke, and jameer is a little bit better, but the difference here is fisher. He might not be a high scorer point guard, but he is one that gets down and does the dirty stuff that most point guards dont do. Now I'm not saying fisher will completly stop rondo because even if he isnt scoring he will be running the offense.

Now I think the lakers match up pretty well against this celtic team. Ray allen is a great shooter yes but hes does not create his own shots meaning he doesnt dribble with the ball he normal tries to get open then call for the ball. Kobe is an offensive powerhouse, but can play good defense as well and matches up against ray allen very good especially on the offensive side. The celtics are gonna have to lend help on kobe, then again every team does, its gonna be good to see how they deal with him.

As for pierce hes good, but if you looked at him against the magic he was getting a bunch of open shots on the permiter because the magic d was inconsistent, but when matt barnes got with him near the post he wasnt nearly as deadly. As a cavs fan you saw that when against a good defender in james he didnt do squat. I hated how they used he was playing good defense so he couldnt get his offense together, no he was scared and wasnt going to do much against a grade a defender. Look for artest to slow him just like james, and just like he did to the leading scorer in durant, who was a much better player at creating a shoot then pierce is.

As for KG he matches up pretty good since hes not a big physical guy. You really dont have to worry about KG backing anyone down, so odom or gasol would be ok on him, but hes still a decent shooter. Perkins is their big man who is pretty physical, and pau might not be as physical but Perkins dosent put up huge numbers so its not like hes gonna dominate in the post. As for having bynum back, I dont know if you watched the west conf finals, but his knee injury has really hurt him and the team aswell, he cant contribute to much.

I see the lakers in 6 stealing one at BOS, where the celtics dont play their best. Look for kobe to do what he does and take over the series. In the regular season they met twice both lakers won one and boston won one, but dont forgot the one game lakers lost kobe was out, and the one they did win kobe hit a game winning shot over ray.

Kno-Sean
05-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Lake Show in 6

Bronco51
05-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Celtics in 7. Defense wins, and the Celtics have more of it IMHO. I was watching ESPN regarding the series, and the sentiment was the Lakers far and away have the #1 player. But the Celtics have #'s 2,3,4, and 5. It will be a great series.

BroncoSexyDaddy
05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I like the Lakers,couldnt go for Boston living in CA.Lakers in 7

rst08tierney
05-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Since the NBA changed the Finals Format to 2-3-2 in 1985, the team with HCA has won 90% of the time. No road team has ever won both game 6 and 7 on the road to close a finals out.

Now for the Celtic fans who like to say they are 17-3 all time in the finals makes me laugh. Different teams, different times, different players, and different equipment. (sorry the NBA no longer balls on a peach basket) What should be relevant for Celtic fans is Phil Jackson is 45-0 all time when his team wins the first game of the series so the focus must be on stealing game one Thursday night.

rst08tierney
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Everybody keeps forgetting these facts that killed the Lakers 2008.

1.) Leon Powe PARADED to the free throw line, he was throwing his body to the rim and getting ALL the calls.

2.) Sam Cassell (the Alien) was also lights out, he was a momentum changer and hit timely clutch shots.

3.) Eddie House was KILLING us from three and on the defensive end ALL SERIES LONG.

4.) James Posey's length bothered Kobe, he had a 38% shooting percentage in the series due to that.

5.) PJ Brown was their enforcer, he gave Pau and Odom fits during that series.

6.) Garnett was at the top of his game and so was Pierce.

NONE of those things hold true today. The only positive they gained for 2010 is the play of Rondo and contributions from Baby, Sheed and TAllen.

This time around none of the players that HURT us are on the Celtics roster. With the addition of Artest to cover Pierce instead of Kobe now means Kobe will guard Rondo and won't be pressured on the offensive end. We have Bynum back (although limited) and the improved play of Odom off the bench and Gasol looking like he is at the peak of his game. Things are different in 2010.

I want the Celtics to go into this series with their current mindsets of confidence in beating the Lakers (overconfidence is probably the operative word) Please go into the series thinking this is the same 2008 team. The Celtic Nation is in for a VERY rude awakening.

d-bronx42
05-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Nuggets in 4. :smug:

Peerless
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Won't be watching.

Maharishineo
06-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Maybe the cavs took them lightly but the lakers wont make the same mistake. Kobe's veteran leadership will do a lot for the lakers this series.

I see the lakers in 6 stealing one at BOS, where the celtics dont play their best. Look for kobe to do what he does and take over the series. In the regular season they met twice both lakers won one and boston won one, but dont forgot the one game lakers lost kobe was out, and the one they did win kobe hit a game winning shot over ray.

I don't think the Cavs team took the Celtics lightly. The media and the nation? Yeah. But I mean even still, did the Magic after they beat the Cavs? What about game two or three? They still got trounced. | Don't expect Fisher to be the solution to Rondo. lol. He's that team's liability, especially on defense. Luckily he's covered on offense because the triangle. | I agree Artest will definitely make a difference versus Peirce. | As for the big men, don't forget Big Baby, he's an improved player. Not that I think he's all that, but you didn't even give him a mention.

And while the Celtics aren't a home-dominant team, it's not like last time where they struggled to win away games. They're about as good on either floor, which is why I expect them to lose one at home, but also steal two in LA: one in the early stay and one in the late. (And apologies for cutting down your post, needed to shorted mine though.)

Since the NBA changed the Finals Format to 2-3-2 in 1985, the team with HCA has won 90% of the time. No road team has ever won both game 6 and 7 on the road to close a finals out.

If the Celtics are down 3-2 going back into LA then I wouldn't expect them to win anyway. I see them being up 3-2 leaving Boston.

Now for the Celtic fans who like to say they are 17-3 all time in the finals makes me laugh. Different teams, different times, different players, and different equipment. (sorry the NBA no longer balls on a peach basket) What should be relevant for Celtic fans is Phil Jackson is 45-0 all time when his team wins the first game of the series so the focus must be on stealing game one Thursday night.

I don't think either matter very much. Although I agree the only one that should have ANY relevance is Phil's. But I mean, you win game one you're always going to be setting yourself up to be in a position to succeed.

NONE of those things hold true today. The only positive they gained for 2010 is the play of Rondo and contributions from Baby, Sheed and TAllen.

I want the Celtics to go into this series with their current mindsets of confidence in beating the Lakers (overconfidence is probably the operative word) Please go into the series thinking this is the same 2008 team. The Celtic Nation is in for a VERY rude awakening.

We'll see. The only difference I'd be worried about if I were a Celtics fan would be my team's health. And per the mindset, I don't expect the Celtics PLAYERS to be overconfident and that's what counts.

PhillyBronco24
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't think the Cavs team took the Celtics lightly. The media and the nation? Yeah. But I mean even still, did the Magic after they beat the Cavs? What about game two or three? They still got trounced. | Don't expect Fisher to be the solution to Rondo. lol. He's that team's liability, especially on defense. Luckily he's covered on offense because the triangle. | I agree Artest will definitely make a difference versus Peirce. | As for the big men, don't forget Big Baby, he's an improved player. Not that I think he's all that, but you didn't even give him a mention.

How is fisher a liability on defense? To say fisher isnt better at defense then mo and Jameer is redonk. If anything fisher is better at d then both of those guys put together. Im not saying that fisher is gonna shut him down, since that is probably the worst match up for the lakers. The only time that fishers defense was a problem was against westbrook and that is because westbrook is a very very athletic guard. But the difference was westbrook can hit a wide open 18 footer while rondo not so much, so fisher found himself guarding westbrook at the top of the post, and found himself getting beat to the basket. With being able to back up off rondo he will have an extra jump on him, sure hes gonna get beat sometime but then its up to the interior d to clean that up.

This is probably the worst match up for the lakers, but to say fishers defense is a liability is completely wrong.

Maharishineo
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
How is fisher a liability on defense? To say fisher isnt better at defense then mo and Jameer is redonk. If anything fisher is better at d then both of those guys put together. Im not saying that fisher is gonna shut him down, since that is probably the worst match up for the lakers. The only time that fishers defense was a problem was against westbrook and that is because westbrook is a very very athletic guard. But the difference was westbrook can hit a wide open 18 footer while rondo not so much, so fisher found himself guarding westbrook at the top of the post, and found himself getting beat to the basket. With being able to back up off rondo he will have an extra jump on him, sure hes gonna get beat sometime but then its up to the interior d to clean that up.

This is probably the worst match up for the lakers, but to say fishers defense is a liability is completely wrong.

I'm not exactly saying he's not any worse than Mo Williams, or near as bad. But at least we're agreeing he's the worst match up in this series. Fish is going to be a weak point for the Lakers and not a key strength that you seemed to point out. Weakest position efinitely says point of weakness and even liability to me, regardless of whether or not it was as much a position of liability for opponents past. (I did understand your point that it's a better D match up than in past series against Rondo. Still, I call it a liability.)

rst08tierney
06-01-2010, 05:55 PM
If the Lakers win game one the series will favor LA and likely be a lock.

PJ,D Fish, Kobe are an amazing combined 96-0 when then win game 1 of a 7 game series.

thatkidhunt
06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Lets go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smug:

PhillyBronco24
06-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm not exactly saying he's not any worse than Mo Williams, or near as bad. But at least we're agreeing he's the worst match up in this series. Fish is going to be a weak point for the Lakers and not a key strength that you seemed to point out. Weakest position efinitely says point of weakness and even liability to me, regardless of whether or not it was as much a position of liability for opponents past. (I did understand your point that it's a better D match up than in past series against Rondo. Still, I call it a liability.)

Oh ok I see what your getting. Just glad some common ground could be found. All I know is its gonna be one good series.

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
5 hours till tip

Kno-Sean
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm still very confident that the Lakers will win this series. Don't have a whole lot to say until i see them play tonight, but in a series format like this game 1 is huge!

Remember Lakers in 6!

milehighireland
06-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Celtics defending brilliantly atm...

So, naturally, on the offensive end, they cannot collectively hit a barn door with a banjo

typical...:brick:

11 point lead near the half... id say the forces of darkness will be taking this one, and likely the series, if phil jackson's record after going 1-0 up in a series is anything to go by

Kno-Sean
06-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Now now everybody, lets not get carried away after this game and say the Lake Show is gonna sweep the Celtics just because they worked them tonight. We gotta understand that's it's just one game. Same thing happened in the Suns series, but that was a good series.

Just happy they are up 1-0. Phil is what 47-0 after winning the first game? dang.

All i wanna know is, where is ERoyal248 at? Gasoft? Dwight > Pau? LBJ > Kobe?
Care to change your mind at all?

CoryWinget81
06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Quick! Someone wake Boston up!

...what? The game is almost over? Aww, dang.

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Gasol Strong tonight!!!

3 wins away from another title! I hope the lakers come out and play PHYSICAL again on Sunday.

CoryWinget81
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Gasol Strong tonight!!!

3 wins away from another title! I hope the lakers come out and play PHYSICAL again on Sunday.

Glad you get to see your team celebrate another ring, buddy.

This series is OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Kno-Sean
06-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Yes, but wouldn't it be much sweeter if we all got to celebrate a Broncos Super Bowl? :logo:

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM

I have been spoiled being a laker fan. It all started for me during the Show Time days to the 3 peat and now this, all because of an in season trade 3 years ago for Pau Gasol and some washed up player named Kobe Bryant.

I still think its going to be a long hard fought series. ( as im saying this Michael Cooper is saying sweep) So nothing is in the bag. Just give me game 2 and 1 win on the road and the rest will follow.

The march to #16 continues Sunday night!

CoryWinget81
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I have been spoiled being a laker fan. It all started for me during the Show Time days to the 3 peat and now this, all because of in season trade 3 years ago for Pau Gasol.

I still think its going to be a long hard fought series. ( as im saying this Michael Cooper is saying sweep) So nothing is in the bag. Just give me game 2 and 1 win on the road and the rest will follow.

The march to #16 continues Sunday night!

What is Jackson's record after a game one win?

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
What is Jackson's record after a game one win?

47-0

Toss in Kobe and Fish into that equation

96-0

CoryWinget81
06-03-2010, 09:12 PM
47-0

Toss in Kobe and Fish into that equation

96-0

Yeah its over.

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I cant believe Magic just took back his Kobe passing the Torch to lebron comment. Magic apologized to Kobe saying that he had prematurely passed the torch. He said that Kobe was still the best player. Furthermore, Magic said that Kobe could go down as, not only the greatest Laker player of all time, but the greatest player of all time.

Welcome back to the party Magic

rst08tierney
06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Too many fouls, 54 total personal fouls

Celtics 36 FT
Lakers 31 FT

NBA officiating needs to be looked at, I agree with Mark Cuban but come on! Cant we at least get + digits at home???? Please???

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Im glad the Lakers one the first game,it sets the tone for the series.Go Lakers:D

ERoyal248
06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Now now everybody, lets not get carried away after this game and say the Lake Show is gonna sweep the Celtics just because they worked them tonight. We gotta understand that's it's just one game. Same thing happened in the Suns series, but that was a good series.

Just happy they are up 1-0. Phil is what 47-0 after winning the first game? dang.

All i wanna know is, where is ERoyal248 at? Gasoft? Dwight > Pau? LBJ > Kobe?
Care to change your mind at all?

I'm here lol..

Kobe/LBJ, who knows, how would Kobe do on the Cavs team and vice versa.. LBJ will win many titles, how many, who knows.. Gasol was beast, didnt watch the game tonight.. My opinion has stayed the same. Congrats on the win.

milehighireland
06-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah its over.

its done yeah... kind of a matter of if as opposed to when now...

dunno why i watch this sport sometimes

LbloodOjunkieG
06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Guys, this series is far from over. How many games have been played? Only one? Yea, thought so.

LA outplayed Boston last night, simple as that. It sucked Ray Allen got a bogus 5th foul called and had to sit basically the entire 3rd quarter when the lead ballooned up to 20. Overall though, I think the game was called pretty even. There really isn't an excuse as to why Boston lost, they just got outplayed. KG missing that wide open shot under the basket was painful to watch. My all-time favorite player couldn't throw that down? Come on Kevin. I am hopeful Boston will bounce back, I don't think this series is over by any means.

thatkidhunt
06-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Guys, this series is far from over. How many games have been played? Only one? Yea, thought so.

Im going to agree, this is far from over. Must we go through this every time 1 team wins 1 game where they are suppose to?? (at home)

Lot of games left.

Spice 1
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM

Rondo is good yes, but what pg has he gone up against? Mo his defense is a joke, and jameer is a little bit better, but the difference here is fisher. He might not be a high scorer point guard, but he is one that gets down and does the dirty stuff that most point guards dont do. Now I'm not saying fisher will completly stop rondo because even if he isnt scoring he will be running the offense.

Now I think the lakers match up pretty well against this celtic team. Ray allen is a great shooter yes but hes does not create his own shots meaning he doesnt dribble with the ball he normal tries to get open then call for the ball. Kobe is an offensive powerhouse, but can play good defense as well and matches up against ray allen very good especially on the offensive side. The celtics are gonna have to lend help on kobe, then again every team does, its gonna be good to see how they deal with him.

As for pierce hes good, but if you looked at him against the magic he was getting a bunch of open shots on the permiter because the magic d was inconsistent, but when matt barnes got with him near the post he wasnt nearly as deadly. As a cavs fan you saw that when against a good defender in james he didnt do squat. I hated how they used he was playing good defense so he couldnt get his offense together, no he was scared and wasnt going to do much against a grade a defender. Look for artest to slow him just like james, and just like he did to the leading scorer in durant, who was a much better player at creating a shoot then pierce is.

As for KG he matches up pretty good since hes not a big physical guy. You really dont have to worry about KG backing anyone down, so odom or gasol would be ok on him, but hes still a decent shooter. Perkins is their big man who is pretty physical, and pau might not be as physical but Perkins dosent put up huge numbers so its not like hes gonna dominate in the post. As for having bynum back, I dont know if you watched the west conf finals, but his knee injury has really hurt him and the team aswell, he cant contribute to much.

You make some good points there. Pierce is slow now, and while guys aren't backing up while defending him (he loves when they do this), he relies on a couple of the same moves over and over again. Artest pulled his card right away last night. Pierce likes to lower his shoulder and go left. When he gets cut off, he'll spin back the other way. He seems like he's totally out of control when he does this, and they gave Artest a blocking foul for playing good defense. That's a problem with Pierce. He gets a LOT of calls. I've seen him single handily beat teams at the free throw line before. The point about Fisher was good too. Dude constantly hip checks. As long as they aren't calling the fouls, he'll have some success against Rondo. Rondo is not used to the physical play.

rst08tierney
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
This is why NBA is all about the tailored Finals Match ups. $tern is pleased.

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The opener of the Celtics-Lakers NBA Finals matched the teams' meeting two years ago for the highest preliminary rating for a Game 1 since 2004.

Los Angeles' 102-89 win Thursday night on ABC earned a 10.4 overnight rating, up 17 percent from the 8.9 for last year's Magic-Lakers series.

Ratings measure the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Overnight ratings represent the country's largest markets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5252387

PhillyBronco24
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
You make some good points there. Pierce is slow now, and while guys aren't backing up while defending him (he loves when they do this), he relies on a couple of the same moves over and over again. Artest pulled his card right away last night. Pierce likes to lower his shoulder and go left. When he gets cut off, he'll spin back the other way. He seems like he's totally out of control when he does this, and they gave Artest a blocking foul for playing good defense. That's a problem with Pierce. He gets a LOT of calls. I've seen him single handily beat teams at the free throw line before. The point about Fisher was good too. Dude constantly hip checks. As long as they aren't calling the fouls, he'll have some success against Rondo. Rondo is not used to the physical play.

Yes artest did his thing against pierce no doubt even though he did see the line a good amount, but wasnt dominating on the offensive side. Like I said he has gotten over hyped in the eastern finals, if you watched those games hat guy had so many open looks from three point land is what made his points sky rocket. But when you saw him try to pull up and pop threes while someone was in his face in game 1 he was 0-4.

As I said fisher is much more defensive then anyone rondo has seen this post season and with kobe being on him sometimes also helps contain him. When rondo tries to drive on fisher you see him throw his body on him and rondo gets no easy path to the basket. In the first half the lakers saw rondo hit more jump shots then they thought he would hit in a whole game but his mid range game is still nothing to worry about, and the lakers will def live with him shooting those 16 footers.

The gasol and garnet battle is a good one no doubt. Gasol won the battle in game one hands down, I also see him winning the series battle as well, for the simple reason niether player isnt very physical but pau can back dont garnet while Pau can hold him own against garnet in the low post. Garnet is restricted to turn around fadeaways, which he is pretty good at, but hes not gonna put up 25 pts with just those shots. While pau will get to the rim more and has a beautiful floater that he can hit over garnet.

The lakers caught a huge break with the early fouls on ray, but you just gotta take what you can get. Even though he didnt play much he was only 3-8 from the field which is pretty good to hold ray to since hes such a great shooter. Theres no comment needed for kobes play since he has been doing the same thing all playoffs long and that is play amazing. I think jerry west said it pretty well when he said kobe is playing the best he has ever played, which is hard to believe but his numbers are showing a rise in boards and ast which is a big part to winning a chip. Bos should be scared they have no defender to put on kobe.

I think game two will be a little bit more challengeing for the lakers on the defensive side as long as ray doesnt get early fouls. I still see the lakers winning this one and going to bos with a 2-0 lead.

thatkidhunt
06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Boston lookin good in game 2:D

thatkidhunt
06-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Holy Rey Allen!!! 7-7 from behind the arc so far, wow.

MNBroncs85
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Boston lookin good in game 2:D

Yeah Ray Allen is just killen it!! 7 for 7 on 3pt

thatkidhunt
06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
uh-oh

:D

Bronco51
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Let the excuses begin!!!!!

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Well... the lakers played like spit...

Ron... wanna show up for game 3?

Did Lamar Odom even dress?

It was nice to see a great contribution from Andrew Bynum, he played awesome.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Ray Allen is ridiculous, best shooter in the NBA..

Pierce and KG had bad games, still won..

That was one of the worst officated games in the NBA.. Boston was in foul trouble all game, especially the frontline.

I think it was 45 FT's to 18-20..

1-1, cant wait for Game 3.. Who gets in foul trouble in Game 3 for Boston, i say Pierce or Rondo.

Broncosojia
06-06-2010, 08:11 PM
:laugh: Did anyone else hear what Nate Robinson said near the end of the game?

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Ray Allen is ridiculous, best shooter in the NBA..

Pierce and KG had bad games, still won..

That was one of the worst officated games in the NBA.. Boston was in foul trouble all game, especially the frontline.

I think it was 45 FT's to 18-20..

1-1, cant wait for Game 3.. Who gets in foul trouble in Game 3 for Boston, i say Pierce or Rondo.

I'm not sure what the foul numbers were but both teams were in foul trouble. It was just that a lot of the fouls on Boston were on their big guys, resulting in more shooting fouls.

Yes Ray was deadly tonight, in the FIRST half. The Lakers gave him way to many wide open looks, they decided to guard him in the second half knowing Ray can't create his own shot.

It was very frustrating to see the refs play such a huge role in deciding this game. And i'm not saying that as a Laker fan, but as a basketball fan. I realize that both teams dealt with foul trouble, it's not cool at all. Nobody is watching these games to see Sheldon Williams on the floor.

Kobe's 4th and 5th (I think) were both absolutely phantom calls. They called him very very tightly. (There were phantom calls or touch calls against Boston as well, like that block on Ron Artest)

But really what a frustrating game to watch. Kobe wasn't able to get into any rhythm at all. Paul Peirce played awful, KG as well. Ron Artest should just wait down on the other end and play just defense sometimes when the Lakers go on offense, and was Lamar Odom even in the game?

Oh well, 1-1 the Lakers got their work cut out for them now

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM

yes, signs of the NFL Network/Josh McDaniels incident

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure what the foul numbers were but both teams were in foul trouble. It was just that a lot of the fouls on Boston were on their big guys, resulting in more shooting fouls.

Yes Ray was deadly tonight, in the FIRST half. The Lakers gave him way to many wide open looks, they decided to guard him in the second half knowing Ray can't create his own shot.

It was very frustrating to see the refs play such a huge role in deciding this game. And i'm not saying that as a Laker fan, but as a basketball fan. I realize that both teams dealt with foul trouble, it's not cool at all. Nobody is watching these games to see Sheldon Williams on the floor.

Kobe's 4th and 5th (I think) were both absolutely phantom calls. They called him very very tightly. (There were phantom calls or touch calls against Boston as well, like that block on Ron Artest)

But really what a frustrating game to watch. Kobe wasn't able to get into any rhythm at all. Paul Peirce played awful, KG as well. Ron Artest should just wait down on the other end and play just defense sometimes when the Lakers go on offense, and was Lamar Odom even in the game?

Oh well, 1-1 the Lakers got their work cut out for them now

It was bad, Boston had FT's mainly because LA had to foul at the end of the game.. One that made me LOL was when Big Baby got like 4 offensive rebounds, no call at all, getting hacked left and right..

Ray was ridiculous, cant leave him wide open.. Pierce and KG cant play this bad in Game 3, it will all even out i say.. Should be interesting how Odom and Artest do on the road in Boston. Odom is such a different player at home.. They had to put Shelden out there because there entire frontline was in foul trouble.. Let them play and quit calling every tick tack foul.

There was bad calls on both ends, Kobe's 4th-5th was bad, thats the way it goes.. Some Laker fans got a little cocky after Game 1. Boston played horrendous in game 1, should be a very good Game 3..

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
It was bad, Boston had FT's mainly because LA had to foul at the end of the game.. One that made me LOL was when Big Baby got like 4 offensive rebounds, no call at all, getting hacked left and right..

Ray was ridiculous, cant leave him wide open.. Pierce and KG cant play this bad in Game 3, it will all even out i say.. Should be interesting how Odom and Artest do on the road in Boston. Odom is such a different player at home.. They had to put Shelden out there because there entire frontline was in foul trouble.. Let them play and quit calling every tick tack foul.

There was bad calls on both ends, Kobe's 4th-5th was bad, thats the way it goes.. Some Laker fans got a little cocky after Game 1. Boston played horrendous in game 1, should be a very good Game 3..

Kobe's 4th and 5th are really what let the Celtics come back. I'm pretty sure that's right when the Lakers took the lead, but after that everything started to go down hill.

Lakers first home loss in the 2010 PO's. In my opinion they just need to win one on the road. Come out of the deal down 3-2 and going back home for 2 more games. Hopefully we'll get to see a 7 game series!

LbloodOjunkieG
06-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Just so you guys know, Kobes 5th foul was a charging foul, and it was clearly the right call.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Kobe's 4th and 5th are really what let the Celtics come back. I'm pretty sure that's right when the Lakers took the lead, but after that everything started to go down hill.

Lakers first home loss in the 2010 PO's. In my opinion they just need to win one on the road. Come out of the deal down 3-2 and going back home for 2 more games. Hopefully we'll get to see a 7 game series!

Those were horrible calls for sure.. But dont act like Boston being in foul trouble all game didnt hurt them either.

It should be interesting now that the series shifts to Boston..

Somehow Phil is complaining about the refs. He's a stupid clown, must be hard to coach MJ/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, and Kobe/Gasol. Really, Boston was in foul trouble all game, the entire frontline was in so much foul trouble they had to put in Shelden.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Just so you guys know, Kobes 5th foul was a charging foul, and it was clearly the right call.

And Ray got fouled by Kobe for which should of been his 6th foul, but of course it didnt get called.. Terribly officiated all around, Boston was the better team..

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Then it was his 3rd and 4th, that we have been talking about

LbloodOjunkieG
06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
And Ray got fouled by Kobe for which should of been his 6th foul, but of course it didnt get called.. Terribly officiated all around, Boston was the better team..

I agree the officiating was bad. You guys are just confused about the 5th call on Kobe. It was a charge, and the right call.

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Those were horrible calls for sure.. But dont act like Boston being in foul trouble all game didnt hurt them either.

It should be interesting now that the series shifts to Boston..

Somehow Phil is complaining about the refs. He's a stupid clown, must be hard to coach MJ/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, and Kobe/Gasol. Really, Boston was in foul trouble all game, the entire frontline was in so much foul trouble they had to put in Shelden.

No i understand that Boston was in foul trouble too. But i wish they weren't i wish nobody was in foul trouble. That's what i want to see.

That's what i think Phil means by the bad officiating, that they played too big of a role in this game.

And Ray did not get fouled by Kobe on that lay up, are you kidding me?

How bout Ron Artest's phantom 6th foul after they cleanly stole that ball at the end of the game?

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
No i understand that Boston was in foul trouble too. But i wish they weren't i wish nobody was in foul trouble. That's what i want to see.

That's what i think Phil means by the bad officiating, that they played too big of a role in this game.

And Ray did not get fouled by Kobe on that lay up, are you kidding me?

How bout Ron Artest's phantom 6th foul after they cleanly stole that ball at the end of the game?

Yeah, i wish they would let them play, quit calling every touch foul, it's insane. I can understand that, but Boston got hosed by the refs and still won.. It was 50-50, bad calls both ways, thats the way it goes..

That was bad too, how about Pierce block on Artest, all ball, foul.. Davis block on Gasol, all ball, foul, many more..

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, i wish they would let them play, quit calling every touch foul, it's insane. I can understand that, but Boston got hosed by the refs and still won.. It was 50-50, bad calls both ways, thats the way it goes..

That was bad too, how about Pierce block on Artest, all ball, foul.. Davis block on Bynum, all ball, foul, many more..

Ya you're right. The Celtics just have the depth that the Lakers don't, when their bigs got in foul trouble they were able to just keep rotating guys in. Lakers can't replace a guy like Kobe at all, and then when Lamar and Ron are in foul trouble the wheels just come off.

The Celtics got a big win in that one.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Ya you're right. The Celtics just have the depth that the Lakers don't, when their bigs got in foul trouble they were able to just keep rotating guys in. Lakers can't replace a guy like Kobe at all, and then when Lamar and Ron are in foul trouble the wheels just come off.

The Celtics got a big win in that one.

Outside of Odom, the Lakers dont have much depth.. Should use Powell some to give other bigs rest.. I hope they call the game better in Game 3.. Lakers dont have much depth on the bench.

Huge win for Boston, should be a good Game 3.. Would be cool if KG and Pierce step up..

Kno-Sean
06-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Outside of Odom, the Lakers dont have much depth.. Should use Powell some to give other bigs rest.. I hope they call the game better in Game 3.. Lakers dont have much depth on the bench.

Huge win for Boston, should be a good Game 3.. Would be cool if KG and Pierce step up..

Powell definitely has the ability, i don't know what he did to not earn Phil's trust.

I agree, i hope KG and Pierce play better too, along with LO and Ron. I want everyone to play well. I want to see the better team win and a great series.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Powell definitely has the ability, i don't know what he did to not earn Phil's trust.

I agree, i hope KG and Pierce play better too, along with LO and Ron. I want everyone to play well. I want to see the better team win and a great series.

Powell isnt a scrub by any means, but he should at least get some playing time to keep the others fresh.

KG doesnt look that good, Pierce had an off game.. Lamar is such a different player at LA, Ron is Ron lol.. I hope it's a great series, just let them play instead of calling touch fouls every time. Would be cool to see Boston win in 5, but i think it goes back to LA..

Chillez
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Great win for the Boston Celtics congrats to them.

Ron Artest and LO played like crap for entire game it was pathetic. The refs

where terrible on both sides I think Lakers got worse calls but whatever...

Here to game 3, GO LAKERS!!!

Lakers bench needs to step up ASAP.

jetrazor74
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM

The better TEAM? Do you really mean TEAM? Or do you mean "group of players?" Because the Celtics are the one who put forth the better TEAM effort, while the Lakers are bunch of talented guys in matching unis.

Just sayin'.

ERoyal248
06-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Great win for the Boston Celtics congrats to them.

Ron Artest and LO played like crap for entire game it was pathetic. The refs

where terrible on both sides I think Lakers got worse calls but whatever...

Here to game 3, GO LAKERS!!!

Lakers bench needs to step up ASAP.

I disagree with Lakers getting worse calls..

Boston's entire frontline was in foul trouble before halftime and had about twice as many FT's, not as bad as it looks since LA had to foul at the end of the game...

They had to put in Shelden Williams and cost them at the end of the 2nd quarter. Lakers wont win in Boston unless Lamar and Ron step up on offense.. Pierce and KG wont play this bad at home, Game 3 will be jacked in Boston, cant wait..

milehighireland
06-07-2010, 04:19 AM

no, what did he say?

Kno-Sean
06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
no, what did he say?

It was after Rajon hit what seemed like a clinching free throw, the camera started panning into the Celtics team as they were walking onto the floor for a time out. Nate came out to congratulate him walked past the camera and said.
I don't wanna say it, you hear it your self. hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnrt59KqgRk

Sorry for the annoying repeating at the end, but it's the best quality video and doesn't have that part in the title.

Kno-Sean
06-07-2010, 07:12 AM
The better TEAM? Do you really mean TEAM? Or do you mean "group of players?" Because the Celtics are the one who put forth the better TEAM effort, while the Lakers are bunch of talented guys in matching unis.

Just sayin'.

Ya, we could argue that. But really i just wanna see if the Lakers or the Celtics are better. How bout that? :D

rst08tierney
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Let the excuses begin!!!!!

No excuses. The Championship is not won with a single game. Its a best of 7 series with the best from the East and the West.

Bottom line is, CHAMPIONS overcome obstacles.

Boston will not win 4 games in a row, so im not in panic mode. The series comes back to LA either LA up 3-2 or down 2-3. Thank god,Ray Allen wont hit another 8 3's during the series. Lakers did a great job with the second half adjustments on him. No way Kobe gets in foul trouble and only plays 32mins again.

Over all this is what the finals are about. $$$$$$. Any fool who thought the lakers would sweep or the series would go anything short of 6 games is clueless to the business of the NBA. Expect a 7 game series.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
06-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Go Celtics :rockon:

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Calls were bad both ways I think we can all agree on this. Even though I think kobe being in bad foul trouble is what it should be called is way more costly then the celtics bigs being in bad foul trouble.

Anyway the game was much different thanx to the shooting of ray allen. The thing here is ray allen was on and kobe was off, he wasnt like off off but for kobe he was off.

Gasol and bynum did work in the low post no doubt, but allowing rondo to get so many boards is pretty redonk.

The game was a toss up near the end and boston just rose to the occasion thats all I can really say. As a laker fan I am still not worried about the series for the simple fact that allen wont be 8-11 from 3 land every night and rondo getting a triple double wont happen every game as well, on top of that kobe was in foul trouble which is the heart, soul, and even the motor to the team.

GridironChamp
06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
No excuses. The Championship is not won with a single game. Its a best of 7 series with the best from the East and the West.

Boston will not win 4 games in a row, so im not in panic mode. The series comes back to LA either LA up 3-2 or down 2-3. Thank god,Ray Allen wont hit another 8 3's during the series. Lakers did a great job with the second half adjustments on him. No way Kobe gets in foul trouble and only plays 32mins again.

Over all this is what the finals are about. $$$$$$. Any fool who thought the lakers would sweep or the series would go anything short of 6 games is clueless to the business of the NBA. Expect a 7 game series.

No way Bynum is such a force offensively again.
No way Pierce is so invisible again.
No way Big Ticket is that bad again.

That's a dumb game to play, I hate it when people blame the refs or the NBA
for the result of a game... and funniest part is, 90% of time it's Lakers fans.

ERoyal248
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Calls were bad both ways I think we can all agree on this. Even though I think kobe being in bad foul trouble is what it should be called is way more costly then the celtics bigs being in bad foul trouble.

Anyway the game was much different thanx to the shooting of ray allen. The thing here is ray allen was on and kobe was off, he wasnt like off off but for kobe he was off.

Gasol and bynum did work in the low post no doubt, but allowing rondo to get so many boards is pretty redonk.

The game was a toss up near the end and boston just rose to the occasion thats all I can really say. As a laker fan I am still not worried about the series for the simple fact that allen wont be 8-11 from 3 land every night and rondo getting a triple double wont happen every game as well, on top of that kobe was in foul trouble which is the heart, soul, and even the motor to the team.

The 4 Boston bigs who they can rotate at Gasol, Bynum and Odom is not more important than Kobe, hmm..

Ray Allen probably wont shoot like that all series, you have to credit the Celtics defense on Kobe, they made the adjustments and did what they had to do..

If you are saying Ray wont do that then..

Odom is such a different player at LA, if the Lakers are going to steal a game in Boston, Odom has to play like he's capable of. Where is Ron at, he cant do anything on offense right now.. This is the Boston defense, not the gimmick Suns defense..

No way Bynum is such a force like that again..
No way Pierce plays is invisible on offense in Boston..
No way KG plays that bad in Boston..

Works both ways..

Spice 1
06-07-2010, 01:55 PM

You do realize, of course, that when you proclaim that the NBA is rigged, you bring into question the success of the guy that is plastered all over your signature right?

rst08tierney
06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
You do realize, of course, that when you proclaim that the NBA is rigged, you bring into question the success of the guy that is plastered all over your signature right?

Shaq won the first 3 Championships for Kobe. The league changed rules to make the league easier to defend the diesel after the last 3 peat, including allowing zone defense and adding the hack a shaq rule.

As for the success of kobe, the stats dont lie and yes its in the best interest of the NBA to make every series go 6 to 7 games especially during the finals.

rst08tierney
06-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Dumb game to play? I tell you what. Go to any sports book and tell them you want to put down 10k on Ray Allen hitting another 8 3's in one finals game. They will all take your money with out any hesitation.

You must be very young in the mind not to understand the business side of the NBA.

thatkidhunt
06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Celtics in 7

:go:

rst08tierney
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Interesting article from the only NBA ref to do some Jail time

http://deadspin.com/5557203/tim-donaghy-on-the-refs-in-game-2-what-star-treatment?skyline=true&s=i

Tim Donaghy, the former NBA referee who spent 11 months in prison for relaying inside information to gamblers, will review the performance of his former colleagues during the NBA Finals. Here's a quarter-by-quarter breakdown of Game 2, with accompanying video.

1st Q

6:13 [LAL 13-10] Illegal screen set by Kendrick Perkins, but no foul is called as he takes out Fisher. Allen hits a three-pointer because of this.

2nd Q

10:08 [BOS 31-24] Bryant gets fouled on the low post by both Pierce and Allen prior to the travel violation. These missed fouls cost L.A. a possession.

3:20 [BOS 49-39] Major missed call here. Thatís not an offensive foul on Bryant. The referee is clearly fooled. On TV, it looks as if Kobeís head hits Allenís, which isnít a foul.

3:03 [BOS 49-39] Make-up call. Itís clear the official realizes he made a mistake.

2:00 [BOS 52-41] Foul on Gasol? This is a charge on Perkins. Gasol is backing up.

3rd Q

6:19 [LAL 63-61] Great acting job by Rondo. Cheap foul sends Bryant to the bench with his fourth.

1:27 [BOS 72-70] Foul missed on Allen. Fisher is fouled going to the hoop ó a call Allenís been getting on the other end.

4th Q

11:15 [BOS 74-72] Bryant charges into Davis? Davis moves up and into Kobe; the defender needs to be set when the offensive player goes upward into his shooting motion. Officials will huddle and discuss that Kobe has five fouls and that his next one will send him out of the game.

3:33 [LAL 90-89] Not a foul on Artest. Pierce lost his balance.

1:59 [BOS 93-90] Out-of-bounds call is reviewed by instant replay and upheld. Thatís not how I saw it. I saw the ball going off Garnett, whose hand was inside of Gasolís.

1:14 [BOS 97-90] Bryant fouled going to the hoop, but itís ignored. Kobeís clearly not getting the star treatment he received in game 1.

47.1 [BOS 98-93] Not a foul on Artest. No idea what the official sees to make this call.

Kno-Sean
06-07-2010, 03:44 PM

You know what's even better? When people think LeBron is a better basketball player than Kobe. LeBron still tries to steal the spot light, why can't he just sit down on his couch and take notes, learning how to lead a team. (Here comes the supporting cast excuse, either way he's not a good leader)

Big Ticket? He doesn't even deserve that nick name anymore. KG won't be a factor at all this series, i will cp bet you that.

Pierce, well ya he won't play that bad. Neither will Ron or Lamar.

Ray Allen won't play that good again, Kobe won't be in foul trouble.

Who cares, it's all nonsense because the Celtics won. So why say that crap. It's 1-1. The Lakers were never going to sweep the Celtics, and the Celtics aren't going to win the series 4-1.

We still have a lot of series left, but you can bet your bank account that Kobe plays out of his mind in game 3 and brings home a W.

Spice 1
06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Shaq won the first 3 Championships for Kobe. The league changed rules to make the league easier to defend the diesel after the last 3 peat, including allowing zone defense and adding the hack a shaq rule.

As for the success of kobe, the stats dont lie and yes its in the best interest of the NBA to make every series go 6 to 7 games especially during the finals.

And I completely agree with you in the first paragraph. There are suspect rules, and a failure to consistently enforce them (I'm not going to get into it, because we all know the deal here). To say that the NBA is manipulating the outcome of games for the sake of marketing however, is an indirect indictment of the achievements made by the Lakers and Celtics in particular.

I agree again, that Kobe is an incredible player. As far as generating his own offense, none better in league history. That includes MJ. Now, to say that the stats don't lie would not be a wise comparison when putting his overall statistics up against players like MJ and Drexler. I believe he is one of the ten greatest players in league history, but statistics might tell another story in his case. No sense in kicking a dead horse though, we've all seen that Kobe is a monster. We can agree on that, and we don't need statistics.

And I'm not saying that Bryant does not have impressive overall career statistics, because he surely does.

Kno-Sean
06-07-2010, 04:05 PM
And I completely agree with you in the first paragraph. There are suspect rules, and a failure to consistently enforce them (I'm not going to get into it, because we all know the deal here). To say that the NBA is manipulating the outcome of games for the sake of marketing however, is an indirect indictment of the achievements made by the Lakers and Celtics in particular.

I agree again, that Kobe is an incredible player. As far as generating his own offense, none better in league history. That includes MJ. Now, to say that the stats don't lie would not be a wise comparison when putting his overall statistics up against players like MJ and Drexler. I believe he is one of the ten greatest players in league history, but statistics might tell another story in his case. No sense in kicking a dead horse though, we've all seen that Kobe is a monster. We can agree on that, and we don't need statistics.

And I'm not saying that Bryant does not have impressive overall career statistics, because he surely does.

His first 2 seasons, specially his rookie year.
Then those years when he tried so hard to make up for Shaq being gone, and when Phil said he was uncoachable really killed his FG%

PhillyBronco24
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
The 4 Boston bigs who they can rotate at Gasol, Bynum and Odom is not more important than Kobe, hmm..

Ray Allen probably wont shoot like that all series, you have to credit the Celtics defense on Kobe, they made the adjustments and did what they had to do..

If you are saying Ray wont do that then..

Odom is such a different player at LA, if the Lakers are going to steal a game in Boston, Odom has to play like he's capable of. Where is Ron at, he cant do anything on offense right now.. This is the Boston defense, not the gimmick Suns defense..

No way Bynum is such a force like that again..
No way Pierce plays is invisible on offense in Boston..
No way KG plays that bad in Boston..

Works both ways..

Pierce was playing bad yes partly because he was just off but also do to artest d. While on the other hand it was easy to see kobe wasnt kobe just in the first quarter the shots he was missing that he normally hits, to say that the celtics d did that is an overstatement even the greats have an off night.

As for bynum dominating in the post, this is something he is capable of, when he is healthy ( even though he isnt now) he is one of the most dominate big men in the low post. He has great size and skills in the low post to do what he wants to the bigs of the celtics. Like I said neither of the lakers bigs attack the boards well gasol or bynum didnt have 10 rebounds which is pretty bad considering their playing time and the size they have down low.

As for kobes foul trouble more important then the celtics big ummm yeah. Thats common sense buddy, the celtics are never dominate in the low post so its not like they were taking a huge hit, I mean they have numerous guys they have to rotate in, while for kobe who is the push behind the lakers is much more of a big deal when he is on the bench then any of the celtics big men.

Garnett did play pretty bad, which I think was a mental problem. He let the comments that gasol said get to his head, even though they were true. He needs to stick to what he still does good and take turn arounds and jumpers, and not try to disprove gasol by showing he is still explosive when he clearly isnt anymore.

As for those things never happening again I dont think they need to because it was clear in game one and throughout the playoffs that when kobe is on the lakers are a much much harder team to beat.

rst08tierney
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
The Game 3 winner of the NBA Finals when the series is tied 1-1 has gone to win the series 28 out of 32 times

GridironChamp
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Dumb game to play? I tell you what. Go to any sports book and tell them you want to put down 10k on Ray Allen hitting another 8 3's in one finals game. They will all take your money with out any hesitation.

You must be very young in the mind not to understand the business side of the NBA.

Yes a dumb game to play.

You would get equal odds for Pierce and Garnett hitting a combined 2 field goals
in the entire game, hence why it's a dumb game. It goes both ways.

Everything is not a conspiracy.

GridironChamp
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
You know what's even better? When people think LeBron is a better basketball player than Kobe. LeBron still tries to steal the spot light, why can't he just sit down on his couch and take notes, learning how to lead a team. (Here comes the supporting cast excuse, either way he's not a good leader)

Haters gonna hate.

There is no need to bring LeBron up in this conversation and the fact that you
did and in the manner you did makes it quite clear that even the biggest of
nuthuggers know it's a close call.

Big Ticket? He doesn't even deserve that nick name anymore. KG won't be a factor at all this series, i will cp bet you that.

Pierce, well ya he won't play that bad. Neither will Ron or Lamar.

Ray Allen won't play that good again, Kobe won't be in foul trouble.

You will without a doubt lose a CP then. Whether or not he directly effects
the box score, his intensity, help defense, and presence effect the game.

Pierce is a lot better than Ron and Lamar so this is a very moot point.

He won't play that good again? I agree, but he also won't be held to 4 points
in the second half in every game either.

Who cares, it's all nonsense because the Celtics won. So why say that crap. It's 1-1. The Lakers were never going to sweep the Celtics, and the Celtics aren't going to win the series 4-1.

We still have a lot of series left, but you can bet your bank account that Kobe plays out of his mind in game 3 and brings home a W.

CP on that one? Granted, the game has started and is 6 - 2 Celtics right now,
but I had the Celtics taking this one before hand... I do agree though, Kobe
a big game but on alot of shooting.

Kno-Sean
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Haters gonna hate.

There is no need to bring LeBron up in this conversation and the fact that you
did and in the manner you did makes it quite clear that even the biggest of
nuthuggers know it's a close call.

You will without a doubt lose a CP then. Whether or not he directly effects
the box score, his intensity, help defense, and presence effect the game.

Pierce is a lot better than Ron and Lamar so this is a very moot point.

He won't play that good again? I agree, but he also won't be held to 4 points
in the second half in every game either.

CP on that one? Granted, the game has started and is 6 - 2 Celtics right now,
but I had the Celtics taking this one before hand... I do agree though, Kobe
a big game but on alot of shooting.

Well i was definitely wrong on the KG comment, he has played pretty damn good today. Going right at Pau.

Pierce, Ron, Lamar, and Ray haven't showed up so far.

And i was wrong about Kobe as well. This might be the worse performance i have ever seen out of Kobe Bryant in such a big game... Very frustrating.

Hopefully the Lakers can pull this one out.

Cp to you.

GridironChamp
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Well i was definitely wrong on the KG comment, he has played pretty damn good today. Going right at Pau.

Pierce, Ron, Lamar, and Ray haven't showed up so far.

And i was wrong about Kobe as well. This might be the worse performance i have ever seen out of Kobe Bryant in such a big game... Very frustrating.

Hopefully the Lakers can pull this one out.

Cp to you.

If Fisher continues to play this big, you will be getting one in return come the end
of the game.

ERoyal248
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Lakers stole back homecourt, Kobe was not that good, 10-29 or whatever he was.. Refs are horrible in this series so far, early on in the game, Boston is looking good, then Perk, Rondo and Pierce get 2 fouls.

Kno-Sean
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Lakers stole back homecourt, Kobe was not that good, 10-29 or whatever he was.. Refs are horrible in this series so far, early on in the game, Boston is looking good, then Perk, Rondo and Pierce get 2 fouls.

The foul trouble didn't bother the Celtics at all. Perk? haha well anyway it's not like they needed him to guard Pau and Bynum tonight.. Rondo still played 42 minutes and Paul Pierce played 2 minutes off his average.

"The Best Shooter in the World" is the biggest reason why the Celtics lost, along with not much help from Paul Pierce or the bench.

rst08tierney
06-08-2010, 09:06 PM
MVP of the Game

Props to D Fish 16pts (6-12fg)

Loser of the Game

Ray Allen (did make the NBA All Time List for most FGA with out point) 2-2 on the Record books

2pts (0 - 13fg)

Lakers did a great job contesting the 3 tonight but they have to be smart, Ray won be cold in game 4

PhillyBronco24
06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Yet again a bad night for the officals, but at least the calls went both ways at times so it wasnt one sided.

As for kobe he reverted to the kobe of old which is when he gets in his head, I have to do it all or else we are gonna lose and this is what made him put up 29 shots, taking bad looks, and having a pretty bad game. If you notice when you see kobe get his team involved early he is poised to have a good game in the later quarters but he didnt do this tonight.

A little surprised by KG's performance no doubt, but Pau needs to play better on the road, his numbers always drop and doesnt look as polished on the road.

As for pierce and allen they played terrible. The defense at time broke down and gave them open looks at time but those two couldnt convert or at least allen couldnt pierce at least hit his open threes, which to me is the only three i ever see him it. But anyway like i said ray allen wouldnt have another big game or at least back to back and pierce still wasnt a factor in this game.

I think lakers have a tough game 4 and will drop it but will pick up 5 on the road and then finish the series up at home for game 6.

rst08tierney
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Check out the box score. The game was officiated fairly

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300608002

24 fta for both teams but Boston owned the paint tonight, they got 50pts inside to the Lakers 38.

This series reminds me of the Nuggets series last year. Very physical and very close. Game 4 is going to make this series EPIC.

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Great win by the Lakers tonight.Both teams played well.Fisher made some incredible shots when it counted the most.Thats Fisher being Fisher.Go Lakers! 2-1 series

GridironChamp
06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
It was as if Rondo forgot Fisher was left handed for the whole 4th quarter...

And ya, I think Perkins is soo bad offensively, they are almost better with Sheed
in there or Garnett/Big Baby attempting to play Center.

rst08tierney
06-09-2010, 01:07 PM
It was as if Rondo forgot Fisher was left handed for the whole 4th quarter...

And ya, I think Perkins is soo bad offensively, they are almost better with Sheed
in there or Garnett/Big Baby attempting to play Center.

I think Rondo is being asked too much by his coach. He was exhausted last night when the 4th came around. I dont understand why Boston does not trust Nate Robinson more?

Getting burnt by Fisher to the left is just plain embarrassing

GridironChamp
06-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I think Rondo is being asked too much by his coach. He was exhausted last night when the 4th came around. I dont understand why Boston does not trust Nate Robinson more?

Getting burnt by Fisher to the left is just plain embarrassing

Yeah, I definitely expected to see Nate come in to start the 4th. I was thinking
last night as Pierce had to sit and Tony Allen came in that Nate might make that
specific lineup a little better than Rondo, since as all the announcers kept pointing
out, 3 of 5 players on the court for Boston couldn't shoot the ball at all. Lane was
too clogged for Rondo to be effective and Allen was missing too much.

Kno-Sean
06-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Do or Die for the Celtics tonight.

I say die

rst08tierney
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Do or Die for the Celtics tonight.

I say die

Cant argue with that statement

JakeNbake
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Nate can score 24 a game if you let him. Too bad they don't.

rst08tierney
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
The Machine is back after those clutch FT on tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKtAlqj9q4&feature=player_embedded

Kno-Sean
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
The Machine is back after those clutch FT on tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKtAlqj9q4&feature=player_embedded

Love those videos. He needs to be on the floor way more. :salute:

rst08tierney
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Love those videos. He needs to be on the floor way more. :salute:

This will air tonight during the game. Im sure all Laker fans have seen it already but if not PLEASE enjoy. KOBE THE KLOSER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRlSKuoNck&feature=player_embedded

Kno-Sean
06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
This will air tonight during the game. Im sure all Laker fans have seen it already but if not PLEASE enjoy. KOBE THE KLOSER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRlSKuoNck&feature=player_embedded

When Kobe smells blood, it's scary.

I think after watching film of his performance in game 3 he realizes what he needs to do and has a much better performance tonight.

Lakers go up 3-1.... Maybe you were right Paul, maybe you won't go back to LA :D

ERoyal248
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Very good game, sloppy 1st half, Boston's bench came up huge..

Game 5 is going to be EPIC..

If Bynum doesnt play much, Lakers may not win this series, they could use his size inside.. Not a good sign if his knee is bothering him..

2-2

Kno-Sean
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
3 game series, 2 at the Staple Center. This is going to be a great series.

rst08tierney
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Desperation won the game for Boston.

L.O. Lost the game for LA

I expected a Laker loss in game 4 so im not surprised or in panic mode. The 3 by Nate Robinson at the end of the 1st and the KG pray away at the end of the 2nd were the true difference makers.

rst08tierney
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Very good game, sloppy 1st half, Boston's bench came up huge..

Game 5 is going to be EPIC..

If Bynum doesnt play much, Lakers may not win this series, they could use his size inside.. Not a good sign if his knee is bothering him..

2-2

I think they drain the knee with Bynum getting an extra days rest. The big guy should be at 75% and ready to go come game time. I hope he can go for 26-30 minutes

ERoyal248
06-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I think they drain the knee with Bynum getting an extra days rest. The big guy should be at 75% and ready to go come game time. I hope he can go for 26-30 minutes

He will have rest, but the Lakers are such a different team with Bynum playing big minutes and Odom not playing starter minutes..

Boston still hasnt played there best game yet..

PhillyBronco24
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
He will have rest, but the Lakers are such a different team with Bynum playing big minutes and Odom not playing starter minutes..

Boston still hasnt played there best game yet..

Same could be said for the lakers though.

Not surprised by the lost in game 4 I actually called for it. With bynum out the lakers in the post are nothing. Pau gasol plays half as good away then he does at home which is a big deal.

It was a very good game in the fourth but celtics seemed to pull away at the end. The game would have been much more of a nail bitter if the ref didnt totally botch the blocking foul on kobe, which was clearly a charge.

Kobe's knee seems like it could use some rest and a drain as well, he hasnt been attacking the basket. Kobe had a better game because early on he tried to get his teammates more involved. I see kobe elevating his game another step in game 5 and then he will have a culminating performance in game 6 and hold up the chip.

CoryWinget81
06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Kobe is playing out of his BRAIN.

Bronco51
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Is Gasol even playing tonight? He has been invisible tonight.

MNBroncs85
06-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah this series has been alot better than i expected. I think I predicted lakers in 5. Boy was I way off. BEAT LA:salute!:

thatkidhunt
06-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Uh-Oh!!!!!!

ERoyal248
06-13-2010, 07:52 PM
What a game, Kobe went off, where was Gasol???????

Bronco51
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Odom and Gasol decided not to play tonight. Pierce and KG kind of woke up at the right time.

CoryWinget81
06-13-2010, 07:56 PM
:eek:

Series just got reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal serious for the Lakers.

PhillyBronco24
06-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I was right about kobe having a big game just not about them winning it. Sorta hard to do when only one person other than kobe has over 10. 4 missed ft's in the last 4 mins will also hurt you. Not to mention the terrible hit the rim call.

Guess lakers just have to win in 7 now. At least their at home where gasol doesnt play terrible and doesnt make a bunch of mental mistakes. On top of that the bench plays better as well, and hopefully artest will hit something.

Spyder
06-14-2010, 01:02 AM
I've been largely quiet on this series from a posting stand point. I dunno, guess I just haven't been in much of a mood lately.

I have a LOT of mixed feelings up to this point though. I'll save all my thoughts until the series is over with, though I will say this...

Pau Gasol is garbage on the road and Trevor Ariza > Ron Artest. My boy Trev was about a billion times better fit for our team than Ron. This dude just frustrates you to no end.

PhillyBronco24
06-14-2010, 03:59 AM
I've been largely quiet on this series from a posting stand point. I dunno, guess I just haven't been in much of a mood lately.

I have a LOT of mixed feelings up to this point though. I'll save all my thoughts until the series is over with, though I will say this...

Pau Gasol is garbage on the road and Trevor Ariza > Ron Artest. My boy Trev was about a billion times better fit for our team than Ron. This dude just frustrates you to no end.

Yea I never really understood why they got rid of ariza for artest. Ariza fit perfect into the scheme and getting better and better on both sides of the ball. I think after they won the chip the lakers felt like while they where on top of the league they might as well get a player that was playing good already and not have to wait for someone to really develop so kobe could have a more ready team to win the chip back to back.

Ron just fell asleep on pierce during that game and then he was coming off the pick and roll on almost every shot pierce was hitting and as a 6'7 260 pound guy its not easy to get around those things. As for his offense i still have no idea why this guy shoots jump shots. He has one nasty form and I have never seen a 17 footer from that guy drop. I am even hesitate on letting him throw up threes but if he has an open look he might as well.

Coming into this series I thought ron was going to play some of his best ball. Just for the simple fact that he is hungry for a chip of his own, I guess it comes down to big players making big plays and he hasnt really shown up. Then again he's always more impressive at home and on top of that you have to thrown in the smuggling defense of the celtics. I mean their the only team that I have seen that could triple team kobe when he drives to the hoop and then when he kicks it out to a guy there is a great rotation and hes covered like that. You have to give credit to the celtics on the defensive side of the ball right now. They are proving defense wins chips.

Bernie24
06-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I <3 my Celtics.

People started talking about the Heat taking em out in the first round...then when they beat them, no chance they beat King James...then after they beat them, now they're playing the real team of the East, the Magic, and Dhoward and the 3 point game will kill them...

Then they went to the finals, and the lakers had too many weapons between Odom, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Artest....Now they lead the series 3-2

And after they beat them there will be no more doubting who the best team in the Leauge is :D

rst08tierney
06-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Im disappointed in my fellow Laker fans right now. 40% of them are on suicide watch and another 35% are ready throw this entire team under the bus when the fact of the matter is the Lakers are one HOME win away from taking this series to game 7 to be World Champions for the second year in a row.

Where is the confidence?

Like Kobe Said:

" Listen, if you told me at the beginning of the year that we’ve got two games at home to win a championship, yeah, I’ll take that (bleep).”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjKx7WuoVwn3u1Pv.i2WAs45nYcB?slug=aw-bryantlakers061410

Its time to man up as laker fans and support this team. The series is far from over. With a Lakers win on Tuesday night the momentum favors the Lakers going into a close-out game 7 for all the Marbles on their own HOME court.

Believe

CoryWinget81
06-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I can't believe Artest actually admitted in the Finals he had no idea how the Triangle works....:huh:

ERoyal248
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I can't believe Artest actually admitted in the Finals he had no idea how the Triangle works....:huh:

LMAO, i said it all season and Laker fans i talk too never listened to me about Ariza/Artest.. Now they finally will, Ariza was a perfect fit for the Lakers, Ron is horrible right now.. He cant do anything on offense, cant create his own shot, clanked 2 FT's in crunch time.

We'll see Game 6, Boston is just as good on the road as at home.. They won 2 in Cleveland, 2 in Orlando, so winning in LA doesnt phase them..

iowabronco24
06-14-2010, 12:48 PM
LMAO, i said it all season and Laker fans i talk too never listened to me about Ariza/Artest.. Now they finally will, Ariza was a perfect fit for the Lakers, Ron is horrible right now.. He cant do anything on offense, cant create his own shot, clanked 2 FT's in crunch time.

We'll see Game 6, Boston is just as good on the road as at home.. They won 2 in Cleveland, 2 in Orlando, so winning in LA doesnt phase them..

I won't argue that Ariza is a better fit for the lakers than Artest, however you probably could have at the beginning of the season. Artest is having his worse year BY FAR, and really it has nothing to do with his attitude or anything like that, for some reason the guy just can't flat out make a shot. The point is the Lakers didn't want to pay Ariza the money he was going to make as a FA, and Artest was willing to take a pay cut to come to LA, simple as that. Ariza was and still is a good role player, but I don't think he deserves the kind of money he got from Houston. The bottom line is that this move shouldn't have a significant impact on the outcome of this series because the Lakers should be beating the Celtics, PERIOD. They are the better team, they just haven't played like it. For the most part, Artest has done a solid job on Pierce, the Lakers offense just hasn't done ANYTHING. I'm still confident that LA can win 2 at home though, and I think they will. Gasol will step up big and you know Kobe will come out with a vengeance.

GridironChamp
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Artest is out of sync cuz he is the 4th scoring option on the team (3rd if Bynum
isnt in) and he has never been that before. Ariza always has been and should
always be a secondary scoring option.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I <3 my Celtics.

People started talking about the Heat taking em out in the first round...then when they beat them, no chance they beat King James...then after they beat them, now they're playing the real team of the East, the Magic, and Dhoward and the 3 point game will kill them...

Then they went to the finals, and the lakers had too many weapons between Odom, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Artest....Now they lead the series 3-2

And after they beat them there will be no more doubting who the best team in the Leauge is :D

For sure. If the C's win the championship, it will be one of the most impressive roads taken in my memory. They would have eliminated both number one seeds which included the two best players in the game, and a two seed that had the back to back defensive player of the year and best big in the game. All the while everyone said they were too old, washed up, etc.

As for the Ariza-Artest thing, most Laker fans I saw on the net were happy with the swap. Now that LA is in trouble and Ron has played poorly, everyone who said Artest was better than Ariza are now saying they knew they should have kept Ariza. Didn't Ariza want to leave anyways? If I remember correctly, he wanted to be 'the man', or at least have a bigger role.

rst08tierney
06-15-2010, 08:43 AM

People dont get it. Ariza's agent Killed the deal right from the start. It had nothing to do with the lakers not wanting to re sign him. They wanted 12 mil a year for 3 years, thats a 36 mil contract on the books when Kobe Pau and Bynum were making over 50 mil a year. Toss LO's 8 mill in the Mix and the teams pushing 60 already. Artest was a bargain which brought over a more physical defender at the cost of a MLE player. If the Lakers win the Title this year, know body will be questioning the Ariza/Artest move, if they dont its going to be a long off-season of bs.

Personally I loved the athleticism Ariza brought to the table. He reminded me of Cooper.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-15-2010, 05:52 PM
People dont get it. Ariza's agent Killed the deal right from the start. It had nothing to do with the lakers not wanting to re sign him. They wanted 12 mil a year for 3 years, thats a 36 mil contract on the books when Kobe Pau and Bynum were making over 50 mil a year. Toss LO's 8 mill in the Mix and the teams pushing 60 already. Artest was a bargain which brought over a more physical defender at the cost of a MLE player. If the Lakers win the Title this year, know body will be questioning the Ariza/Artest move, if they dont its going to be a long off-season of bs.

Personally I loved the athleticism Ariza brought to the table. He reminded me of Cooper.

Are you remembering correctly? I personally don't remember Ariza wanting 12 million a year, and I follow basketball pretty damn closely, but I'm not a Laker fan so you would know better than me. I do know that 12 mil a year for Ariza is insane, I can't see them asking for that. I just looked up his contract and he only got the mid-level from Houston.

rst08tierney
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Are you remembering correctly? I personally don't remember Ariza wanting 12 million a year, and I follow basketball pretty damn closely, but I'm not a Laker fan so you would know better than me. I do know that 12 mil a year for Ariza is insane, I can't see them asking for that. I just looked up his contract and he only got the mid-level from Houston.

Exactly, his agent dropped the ball. He thought after the Championship run the Lakers would pay the green to keep this team together. The sad part is he settled for MLE in houston. I post the article after tonights game.

CoryWinget81
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4301414

"With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

"They're letting him go," one of the sources said.

Cleveland is making a hard push for Ariza, and the Cavaliers' coaching staff was speaking with him on Wednesday. While Cleveland can only offer the mid-level as well, Ariza's disappointment with the Lakers' stance has moved other suitors ahead of his current team.

The Rockets, Clippers, Raptors and Blazers are also showing interest in Ariza. Portland and Toronto could each offer more than the mid-level exception.

If the Lakers refuse to increase their offer, it's a clear indication that they are choosing their other big free agent forward, Lamar Odom, over the younger Ariza."

On a related note:
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/14/sports/la-sp-lakers-web-20100615

Reporting from Boston ó There is, as they say, never a good time to get sick.

But not all sick days are created equal.

Especially when they occur during the NBA Finals. The Lakers' Lamar Odom started feeling unwell on Saturday and his flu symptoms didn't improve much in time for Game 5 on Sunday.

Brancos
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
I hate the Lakers and want the Celtics to win but I don't know what they are doing... :go:

thatkidhunt
06-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I hate the Lakers and want the Celtics to win but I don't know what they are doing... :go:

They are waiting to win it in 7 like I said from the gate:go:

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
They are waiting to win it in 7 like I said from the gate:go:

I called it too at the beginning of this trend.Lakers in 7.Go Lakers:D:salute!:

thatkidhunt
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I called it too at the beginning of this trend.Lakers in 7.Go Lakers

Celtics in 7 BSD:D

PhillyBronco24
06-15-2010, 09:04 PM
The lakers were good and also lucky tonight. The celtics offense was missing anything and everything, but you just gotta take them as they come. Not to belittle the good defensive night by the lakers though, they went at the boards with aggression, matter of fact they did everything with aggression which is what they need to do to win game 7.

Artest showed tonight that he was just sleeping on pierce in game 5. Pierce had what 14 pts and 5 turnovers? Dont expect a big game from this man artest can taste that ring and he wants one. I expected him to play much better throughout the finals since he wants a ring, but finally he showed up this game defensivly and offensivily. At home he is much better when it comes to offense.

Gasol just like artest showed up big and just like him, hes a different player at home. Lakers got some great play out of their bench. Brown showed that he has wings, I mean he does have probably the best vertical in the league.

Bryant didnt drop 40 but he didnt have to. He got the rest of the team involved early and after the first quarter they just cruised to victory. A double double and 4 steals is a great performance even if he did only put up 26.

When lakers are rolling on all cylinders they are unbeatable, even though they did catch some breaks this game they still played a solid game of ball. Lakers need to keep up the energy and come out just as aggressive in game 7 and the chip will be theirs for a second year in a row.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-16-2010, 12:07 AM
This game was painful to watch. The Celtics were missing dunks, missing layups, missing wide open shots. I don't see Perkins playing in game 7 either. I still think Boston can and will take 7, it's just going to be a lot more difficult.

rst08tierney
06-16-2010, 07:53 AM
This game was painful to watch. The Celtics were missing dunks, missing layups, missing wide open shots. I don't see Perkins playing in game 7 either. I still think Boston can and will take 7, it's just going to be a lot more difficult.

Porkins being hurt is a huge blow to the celtics. Someone will have to step up and take over his minutes which will hurt their chances if its a close game in the fourth due to fatigue. The Lakers have been given a gift.

You have to tip your hat to the Lakers for game 7. You have the best Kloser and the best coach in the history of the game walking on to your home court for a game 7. If the lakers can fire on all 6 cylinders again early they could put the game away by half time.

BTW

ESPN sources says "Perkins is Done"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Celticsperkins-100616

PhillyBronco24
06-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Perkins is done he heard a pop he said. When that happens no way your back out on that floor in 2 days. On top of that if the first 48 hours those type of injuries just get worst and worst not better. I dont see this guy even suiting up.

It might be a gift that perkins got hurt for the lakers, but for the last few rounds its been a huge gift for anyone playing the lakers that their most physical big man has been hurt.

I am just wondering what doc is gonna do when it comes to the center, who is going to be starting.

rst08tierney
06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Imagine a Laker team in the playoffs with a healthy Andrew Bynum? Thats just scary!!!! Maybe next year. Let the dynasty begin Thursday night.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
At least Bynum can play though. Perkins can't even play, which means more Sheldon Williams. Sheldon should not be getting minutes in the finals, he hurts the Celtics. We all saw that boneheaded move in, game 2 I think(?) where he threw a horrible inbound pass to Bryant, who proceeded to hit a long 3. Then with .4 seconds left or whatever it was, he did the same thing.

PhillyBronco24
06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
At least Bynum can play though. Perkins can't even play, which means more Sheldon Williams. Sheldon should not be getting minutes in the finals, he hurts the Celtics. We all saw that boneheaded move in, game 2 I think(?) where he threw a horrible inbound pass to Bryant, who proceeded to hit a long 3. Then with .4 seconds left or whatever it was, he did the same thing.

I would take 5 games of bynum being 100 percent and two games without him, rather than 6 games of him at 50%

LbloodOjunkieG
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I would take 5 games of bynum being 100 percent and two games without him, rather than 6 games of him at 50%

Fair enough.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
No matter what happens tomorrow night it will be exciting as hell. :D

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
There is no way Koby Bryant and the Lakers will lose game 7 in the champianship game in LA no way.

Peerless
06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
There is no way Koby Bryant and the Lakers will lose game 7 in the champianship game in LA no way.

Unfortunately.... this is true.

Amari24
06-16-2010, 07:50 PM

WOW! Did you guys even watch the '08 Finals? Now I'm no means a Lakers fan nor a Celtics fan, but the Refs had every call in favor of the Celtics in the finals a few years back. Im not holding it against them to do it again. That being said, I think the Lakers will win in a blow out. Kendrick Perkins can't play with his shot knee, so now they lose their best rebounder and the Lakers will take advantage of that, Gasol specificly. I just don't see anyway the Lakers can't win. And as much as I don't like Kobe, he will actually get 5 rings this year.

I think the Celtics are really missing James Posey coming off the bench, but after this year they're going to have to start thinking about rebuilding. It seems they only recruited to win a championship for one year. Its anybodies game but I think the Lakers will win, I hate to admit it...

thatkidhunt
06-16-2010, 09:06 PM

I just don't see anyway the Lakers can't win. And as much as I don't like Kobe, he will actually get 5 rings this year.

I think the Lakers will win, I hate to admit it...

Shock the World Boston

Green in 7 from day 1 :D

Amari24
06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Shock the World Boston

Green in 7 from day 1 :D

BEAT LA

Is what I'm hoping for, but without Kendrick I just don't see it happening :sad:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
It's easy to assume it's an unfair advantage for the Celtics with Perkins being hurt, but LA has been in a similar situation with Bynum injured. He hasn't been his normal self this whole series.

This series might have only lasted six games if Bynum was healthy.

Amari24
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
It's easy to assume it's an unfair advantage for the Celtics with Perkins being hurt, but LA has been in a similar situation with Bynum injured. He hasn't been his normal self this whole series.

This series might have only lasted six games if Bynum was healthy.

Gasol and Odom will have a field day on KG the entire game. Thats going to be the biggest problem the Celtics will have to face without Perkins..

I think Pierce is going to have to put up 30 on top of Ray Allen, KG, and Rondo contributing. Also Glenn Davis is going to have to play good decent enough to slow down Gasol and Odom..

PhillyBronco24
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Gasol and Odom will have a field day on KG the entire game. Thats going to be the biggest problem the Celtics will have to face without Perkins..

I think Pierce is going to have to put up 30 on top of Ray Allen, KG, and Rondo contributing. Also Glenn Davis is going to have to play good decent enough to slow down Gasol and Odom..

Unless the game has been moved from LA to the twlight zone no way this happens. Artest wont be sleeping on him like he was in game 5. Pierce avg is like 18 for the whole playoffs it would be surprising if he dropped more than 22.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Sheed will probably start for Perkins..

I just dont know if they can stay out of foul trouble, they only have 3 reliable bigs currently..

One of the Big 4 is going to have to have a monster game..

Whether Ray drops 20+, Pierce with 20, KG gets a double-double, or Rondo with a triple double.. I'm counting out Boston, but it will be very very tough without Perkins inside.

JakeNbake
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
If the Celtics let Nate do his thing they'll win. Get this guy off the BENCH.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
This is such a huge game. Kobe wins this will be huge for his lacy and will only build it. I feel Lakers have the edge with Perkins out he's very underrated he's a great defender I think it will hurt the Celtics tonight. Pau Gasol going have a big game.

DevilSpawn
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Unless my research is incorrect, the last time a visiting team won the NBA title on the road in Game 7 was 1978 when the then-Washington Bullets won in Seattle. I don't think it's been done in the 2-3-2 format in the Finals.

Broncoyearound
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Celtics holding their own right now. Hope it keeps up.

Broncoholic JS
06-17-2010, 07:15 PM
If the Celtics shots were falling in the 2nd quarter they would be running away with this game! Come on Boston! Lets get it going in the 3rd and go back up by at least 9 again! You can do it!

GO CELTICS! BEAT LA!

Broncoyearound
06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
This is why you work all season...for this moment. One period left and the game is in the air what do you do in this moment? We bout to see things much more than basketball here. We are about to see who has heart,desire,will...Which coach can out gameplan the other. You can't ask for more then this if you are a true basketball fan. May the best team wins...cough Celtics beat kobe on his floor! lol

Brancos
06-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that people act like they are on a team? Like they helped win the game? :P:P:P:P

Hoserman117
06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
And there is Fisher... how many times is Kobe gonna get bailed out in this post season?

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
And there is Fisher... how many times is Kobe gonna get bailed out in this post season?

Kobe finally makes a shot, dude has played horrible this game yet will get all the credit..

Fisher bails out Kobe again, nothing new..

Brancos
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I hope the Lakers don't win because Laker fans are annoying enough already. :go:

PhillyBronco24
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
When kobe was shooting his free throws I dont think I ever saw him so pressured. He truly has the whole weight of the lakers celtics rivalry on his back right now.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
When kobe was shooting his free throws I dont think I ever saw him so pressure. He truly has the whole weight of the lakers celtics rivalry on his back right now.

Yeah and he showed he couldn't handle it when he missed.

Broncoholic JS
06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I am sorry but all is wrong with the world when the Lakers are champions. Especially after last season. I hate LA!

I do however respect Kobe.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 08:56 PM
37-17 overall for FTs. 35-17 if you dont count that intentional one.

Broncoholic JS
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
For the love of God please let someone new win a title next season. I am so tired of the same teams winning over and over and over. Hopefully we see an NBA finals here in Denver.

Broncoholic JS
06-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Even if I hate the Lakers, I am a man of class..

Congrats to the Lakers for their 16th title. Now enjoy your city being torn apart by riots and violence.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't really care about basketball at all... Mostly because there aren't really any teams that I care about that are good. I like the Chicago Bulls but they aren't very good anymore. (if they were I would care). The thing that annoys me most about the Lakers winning is now we will have to hear how Laker fans somehow helped win the game. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PhillyBronco24
06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah and he showed he couldn't handle it when he missed.

http://nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/haters.jpg

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
http://nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/haters.jpg

There is a difference in "hating" and telling the truth. If the truth goes against someones opinion they may see it as hating. But seeing as other players could make free throws with their eyes closed and seeing as Kobe usually doesn't miss free throws he obviously couldn't handle the pressure. He missed more than one.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Even if I hate the Lakers, I am a man of class..

Congrats to the Lakers for their 16th title. Now enjoy your city being torn apart by riots and violence.

Yeah I wouldn't want to be in LA right now.

PhillyBronco24
06-17-2010, 09:07 PM
There is a difference in "hating" and telling the truth. If the truth goes against someones opinion they may see it as hating. But seeing as other players could make free throws with their eyes closed and seeing as Kobe usually doesn't miss free throws he obviously couldn't handle the pressure. He missed more than one.

In the end he made what 7 points in the last 4 mins? Sure this was by far not his best game but he just won the chip and your saying he couldnt handle the pressure. Tell that to his brand new ring.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:09 PM
In the end he made what 7 points in the last 4 mins? Sure this was by far not his best game but he just won the chip and your saying he couldnt handle the pressure. Tell that to his brand new ring.

Winning a championship is a team accomplishment. It shows how well the team was doing one season not how well a single player was doing. He wasn't playing his best when it actually mattered and no one can argue against that.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, would of been much different if Perkins played..

Boston couldnt get any offensive rebounds..

Kobe had a bad game, as always, got bailed out by his team..

Peerless
06-17-2010, 09:17 PM
That was the worst game 7 of the finals, in NBA history.

PhillyBronco24
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Winning a championship is a team accomplishment. It shows how well the team was doing one season not how well a single player was doing. He wasn't playing his best when it actually mattered and no one can argue against that.

11 in the fourth? His first three quarters were pretty bad yes, but when the game counted the most he put up 11 in a very close quarter. Yes it isnt the spectacular 4th quarter performances you have seen him put together before. But it got the job done didnt it?

And now people are gonna actually dog kobe because his team actually helped him win against the celtics this time?

Tisk tisk tisk its funny how the majority of people jump to lebrons defense saying he would have kobes rings if he had a team like kobe, but when kobes team actually plays well people say lucky kobe his team bailed him out.

chazoe60
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Who cares? The NBA is a joke, it's pretty much WWF that gets ESPN coverage. I watched a total of about 2 hours of playoff Basketball this season and it was the same old story: Big market teams and players getting calls and smaller market teams and players getting bulldozed. It's a friggin joke. I probably won't watch a single minute of the NB. Next year. The lopsided officiating, flopping, and overall set up feel of the games has rendered the sport unwatchable in my opinion.

DevilSpawn
06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm so happy for Queensbridge's own Ron Artest. Besides Baron Davis, he's probably my favorite player because he's a New Yorker, always reps his hometown and he's... eccentric. :)

Jordan supporters are drunk on Haterade right now but you gotta give it to Kobe. He found a way to make make himself felt in the game.

Broncoyearound
06-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Who cares? The NBA is a joke, it's pretty much WWF that gets ESPN coverage. I watched a total of about 2 hours of playoff Basketball this season and it was the same old story: Big market teams and players getting calls and smaller market teams and players getting bulldozed. It's a friggin joke. I probably won't watch a single minute of the NB. Next year. The lopsided officiating, flopping, and overall set up feel of the games has rendered the sport unwatchable in my opinion.

I agree with everything stated here. The lakers are talented enough but for a team to have to beat them in a game plus beat the officials for ticky tac fouls thats almost impossible for anyone. I don't care who you are. I will however watch the nba next year cause as it seems football will not be around and i can't do baseball.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm so happy for Queensbridge's own Ron Artest. Besides Baron Davis, he's probably my favorite player because he's a New Yorker, always reps his hometown and he's... eccentric. :)

Jordan supporters are drunk on Haterade right now but you gotta give it to Kobe. He found a way to make make himself felt in the game.

You are so right, i am so happy for Ron Ron, it could have been very easy for him to sit back and just get his ring on the back of Kobe and Pau, but he showed up tonight and was the biggest reason in the Lakers win tonight

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM

Man, the things you say....

When you going to give Kobe some love? You going to jump on Kobe's nuts for having a bad game offensive game and his teammates stepping up in the biggest games of their careers? But when Kobe has a big game and puts up good offensive numbers you'll call him a ball hog.

You just hate on him because he has as many rings as he can possibly put on his right hand.

Get over it man, the Lakers won, Kobe Bryant is once again a Back-To-Back Champion.

Let the Laker Dynasty begin!

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't think people who like Michael Jordan even care. Everyone who knows about Basketball knows Michael Jordan is a better player. That is a fact. :go:

The comparison is pointless.

thatkidhunt
06-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't think people who like Michael Jordan even care. Everyone who knows about Basketball knows Michael Jordan is a better player. That is a fact. :go:

The comparison is pointless.

I think the Jordan/Bryant comparison is not only valid but very debatable, as good as Jordan was, the game as evolved since his time.

Not necessarily taking Kobe but just sayin it is definitley debatable.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I think the Jordan/Bryant comparison is not only valid but very debatable, as good as Jordan was, the game as evolved since his time.

We need to wait until Kobe's career is over. He's on the right track tho to be up there.

DevilSpawn
06-17-2010, 09:56 PM
So true on all points. But one of my best friends can't stand Kobe and worships Jordan. Dude had his fun in the 90s at my team's expense, so I'm lovin his frustration. :peace:

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Man, the things you say....

When you going to give Kobe some love? You going to jump on Kobe's nuts for having a bad game offensive game and his teammates stepping up in the biggest games of their careers? But when Kobe has a big game and puts up good offensive numbers you'll call him a ball hog.

You just hate on him because he has as many rings as he can possibly put on his right hand.

Get over it man, the Lakers won, Kobe Bryant is once again a Back-To-Back Champion.

Let the Laker Dynasty begin!

Hate, no, just think the dude is a little overrated..

People put him in the same convo as MJ, which is hilarious.. MJ is the GOAT, always has been, always will be..

Congrats to the Lakers for winning the title, Kobe helped, but doesnt win it without the help of Gasol, Odom, Artest, Fish, Bynum, etc, etc.. Takes a team to win..

Dynasty, ehh, we'll see.. Depends which teams make moves in the offseason, we'll see.. Should be interesting if the Lakers bring back Fish.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 09:59 PM

I don't see what the point of the comparison is though. Kobe is good at what he does and Michael Jordan is also good at what he does. Kobe should be known for what he does not how good he is compared to Jordan.
Just like Jordan is known what he does and is not compared to anyone (though that is because he is better than everyone). :go:

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't see what the point of the comparison is though. Kobe is good at what he does and Michael Jordan is also good at what he does. Kobe should be known for what he does not how good he is compared to Jordan.
Just like Jordan is known what he does and is not compared to anyone (though that is because he is better than everyone). :go:

Agreed, MJ was the best, always will be..

No one will be as good as MJ, he was just that good..

Don't get me wrong Kobe is one of the best in the league.... Just no where near my dad...good game right here tho..

http://twitter.com/SASBMJ

MJ's son, funny but so true..

thatkidhunt
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM

I am not pushing the comparison, im simply stating that you can compare the two.

Michael Jordan may be the best to ever step foot on the hardwood, but Kobe has a few years left in him and his track record speaks for itself.

DevilSpawn
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM

The game will always evolve. There'll be another debate 20 years from now for that next superstar. I'd give it to Mike no matter what Kobe does from here on out. No disrespect to Kobe, but Mike was just that immortal.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:05 PM
The game will always evolve. There'll be another debate 20 years from now for that next superstar. I'd give it to Mike no matter what Kobe does from here on out. No disrespect to Kobe, but Mike was just that immortal.

But can we all agree he's the best player in the world right now?

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Boston playey their butts off tonight,they represented the east very well.Rondo is amazingly good!Good series to both teams,it went the full 7 games.:salute!:

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Kobe finally makes a shot, dude has played horrible this game yet will get all the credit..

Fisher bails out Kobe again, nothing new..

And how many rings does Dwight Howard and Lebron James have? :confused:

I love Jordan and he is the GOAT but he also had a great team around him best rebounder in NBA history in Dennis Rodman and a great player in Scottie Pippen. Yeah Kobe struggled tonight and had a bad game for his standards but he still had a impact in the game... I'm sorry but Lebron will NEVER be as good as Kobe I think when all said and done James will only end up with 1 or 2 rings Kobe still has a chance to match MJ with 6 rings we will see..

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:07 PM

No, i still stand by it LeBron is the best..

:salute!:

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:09 PM

I love Jordan and he is the GOAT but he also had a great team around him best rebounder in NBA history in Dennis Rodman and a great player in Scottie Pippen. Yeah Kobe struggled tonight and had a bad game for his standards but he still had a impact in the game... I'm sorry but Lebron will NEVER be as good as Kobe I think when all said and done James will only end up with 1 or rings Kobe still has a chance to match MJ with 6 rings we will see..

So is Adam Morrison better then Dwight and LeBron because he has 2 rings..

Rings are a team accomplishment..

Brancos
06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

I love Jordan and he is the GOAT but he also had a great team around him best rebounder in NBA history in Dennis Rodman and a great player in Scottie Pippen. Yeah Kobe struggled tonight and had a bad game for his standards but he still had a impact in the game... I'm sorry but Lebron will NEVER be as good as Kobe I think when all said and done James will only end up with 1 or rings Kobe still has a chance to match MJ with 6 rings we will see..

Winning the championship shows how good a team is not how good a player is. Even the bench players win but that doesn't mean they are good.

Even still it doesn't matter how many you have as much as it matters how many you have when compared to how many you could of had. Michael Jordan had a chance to get 6 and he has 6. Kobe hasn't gotten all of the ones he could of had.

But like I said that doesn't matter. Championships are more to see how good a team is during a season or over a certain amount of years. They don't show how good an individual player is. :go:

GridironChamp
06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

:laugh:

You are in the wrong thread, with the wrong posters, to make that argument...
In every Kobe fans' eyes, he does all the work, all the time, and his team does
nothing... And if the team is to get credit, it's because Kobe is a great team player
now.

(For the record I agree with you completely).

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:13 PM

At least name a player that actually plays and doesn't sit on the bench. Lebron might be most over hyped and overrated player I have ever seen in any sport he hasn't won anything in NBA in 7 years.. Only been to Finals once and got swept in 4 games compared to Kobe 7 NBA finals apprentices..

Brancos
06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
At least name a player that actually plays and doesn't sit on the bench. Lebron might be most over hyped and overrated player I have ever seen in any sport he hasn't won anything in NBA in 7 years.. Only been to Finals once and got swept in 4 games compared to Kobe 7 NBA finals apprentices..

Basketball is a team sport.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Winning the championship shows how good a team is not how good a player is. Even the bench players win but that doesn't mean they are good.

Even still it doesn't matter how many you have as much as it matters how many you have when compared to how many you could of had. Michael Jordan had a chance to get 6 and he has 6. Kobe hasn't gotten all of the ones he could of had.

But like I said that doesn't matter. Championships are more to see how good a team is during a season or over a certain amount of years. They don't show how good an individual player is. :go:

It's a team game no doubt about it.. Kobe had a lot of help tonight Ron Artest played great. I have already said that without Pau Gasol Lakers don't make the finals. I just find it funny that people think Lebron is in Kobe league and he hasn't won anything nor has he had the success.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Basketball is a team sport.

No duh when did I say it wasn't?

Brancos
06-17-2010, 10:21 PM
No duh when did I say it wasn't?

You act like it isn't because you seem to believe that championships show how good someone is...

It's a team game no doubt about it.. Kobe had a lot of help tonight Ron Artest played great. I have already said that without Pau Gasol Lakers don't make the finals. I just find it funny that people think Lebron is in Kobe league and he hasn't won anything nor has he had the success.

It's because there isn't really anyone else on his team who is very good. LeBron is one of the be players currently in the NBA.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:22 PM

How LeBron makes it deep into the playoffs every year with that team is incredible.. He's not overrated, the most ever..

Kobe didnt do it alone, the Lakers went to 7 NBA Finals, not Kobe..

I'm done, Kobe is great, but you Laker fans dont understand basketball is a team game.. Kobe has a great team, LeBron doesnt, it's as simple as that..

For the record, name me one player other then LeBron on the Cavs who is reliable.. You are an idiot if you dont think LeBron is one of the best in the NBA.. Just because his team sucks doesnt mean he's overrated..

thatkidhunt
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM

You are right my friend, its a team game. Thats why most people give Kobe the props that they do because he is not only a clutch player but provides motivation and makes all the players around him better.

That in fact, helps Kobe's argument that it is a team game, because in a game of "individual" 1 on 1 Lebron vs Kobe: Advantage James.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM
How LeBron makes it deep into the playoffs every year with that team is incredible.. He's not overrated, the most ever..

Kobe didnt do it alone, the Lakers went to 7 NBA Finals, not Kobe..

I'm done, Kobe is great, but you Laker fans dont understand basketball is a team game.. Kobe has a great team, LeBron doesnt, it's as simple as that..

I want to give you rep for this but it won't let me. I will give it to you when I can. :go::go::go:

Broncoyearound
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Jordan didn't have the pleasure of having shaq in his career either. Jordan took over games I mean straight took over games. Kobe has his games when he does it also but Kobe can't take over a series and put his team on his back like Jordan did. Funny thing is I didnt even like Jordan but you can't hate the man. Kobe has the pleasure of having all that talent around him if Jordan had the talent kobe had he'd never lose in post season thats a fact.

Don't even try and tell me that Jordan's team was more talented than kobe's teams either cause it just isn't.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Magic Johnson says he's the best player in the world. Just throwing that out there, even though he said LeBron was a couple months ago, but then realized he was mistaken.

Clearly Mistaken

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:28 PM
:laugh:

You are in the wrong thread, with the wrong posters, to make that argument...
In every Kobe fans' eyes, he does all the work, all the time, and his team does
nothing... And if the team is to get credit, it's because Kobe is a great team player
now.

(For the record I agree with you completely).

Yep, Kobe does everything..

It's not like he has one of the most clutch PG's in Fisher..

The best perimiter defender in the NBA..

Three good big men with Odom, Gasol, and Bynum..

But it's all Kobe..

LeBron has a Shaq on his last legs, Mo Williams, and Jamison, sounds like it's all LeBron's fault.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:29 PM
You act like it isn't because you seem to believe that championships show how good someone is...

It's because there isn't really anyone else on his team who is very good. LeBron is one of the be players currently in the NBA.

It adds to there legacy you bet it does matter, Kobe tied Magic Johnson tonight. Lebron is a chocker he cant win when the game is on the line I also don't think he's that good of a shooter personally. All I heard at the beginning of the post season was the Cavs where going win it all easy with addition of Antawn Jamison but it didn't happen and Lebron couldn't reach the Finals again..

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Magic Johnson says he's the best player in the world. Just throwing that out there, even though he said LeBron was a couple months ago, but then realized he was mistaken.

Clearly Mistaken

Who cares what Magic says, he's a Laker homer, what do you expect him to say, my goodness..

For the record, i'll still take LeBron over Kobe..

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I want to give you rep for this but it won't let me. I will give it to you when I can. :go::go::go:

It's alright, these Laker homers think it's not a team game and Kobe does it alone..

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Who cares what Magic says, he's a Laker homer, what do you expect him to say, my goodness..

For the record, i'll still take LeBron over Kobe..

Magic was the one that said LeBron passed Kobe, even Jerry West said so. But Jerry obviously said it as motivation and Magic took back his idiotic statement.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Magic was the one that said LeBron passed Kobe, even Jerry West said so. But Jerry obviously said it as motivation and Magic took back his idiotic statement.

What a surprise.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM

Kobe didn't do it alone, the Lakers went to 7 NBA Finals, not Kobe..

I'm done, Kobe is great, but you Laker fans dont understand basketball is a team game.. Kobe has a great team, LeBron doesn't, it's as simple as that..

For the record, name me one player other then LeBron on the Cavs who is reliable.. You are an idiot if you don't think LeBron is one of the best in the NBA.. Just because his team sucks doesn't mean he's overrated..

Of course Lebron a great player I have #2 in NBA as the best player in the game. I just find it funny he gets all this addition and press when the dude hasn't prover anything in post season he's great in regular season I just think he fades in crush time and is scared of the pressure. I never said Kobe did it alone learn to read what I said dude...

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
It's alright, these Laker homers think it's not a team game and Kobe does it alone..

What's the difference between you and me? You say Kobe has nothing to do with it. You are a LeBron homer who says he does it all and would be better if he had more.

What's the difference? Kobe has done nothing but prove that he's a better basketball player than LeBron James. Every time he hears those idiots talk about LeBron he comes out and puts up 30 points in a clutch play off game, while all people do is talk about where LeBron is playing next year.

Kobe laughs at all this LBJ talk, he thinks it's funny because he knows damn well that he can do things on the basketball court that LeBron can't do in video games.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Of course Lebron a great player I have #2 in NBA as the best player in the game. I just find it funny he gets all this addition and press when the dude hasn't prover anything in post season he's great in regular season I just think he fades in crush time and is scared of the pressure. I never said Kobe did it alone learn to read what I said dude...

Don't worry Chillez, LeBron walked into the league as "The King" "The Chose One" before he even took a NBA shot. The media is all over him like no other, they mark him as the Good Guy to Kobe's Bad Guy image.

LeBron is all hype until he proves something, oh wait he has proven something. He's proven that he WOULD be good if he had more help.

DevilSpawn
06-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Definitely.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:40 PM
What's the difference between you and me? You say Kobe has nothing to do with it. You are a LeBron homer who says he does it all and would be better if he had more.

What's the difference? Kobe has done nothing but prove that he's a better basketball player than LeBron James. Every time he hears those idiots talk about LeBron he comes out and puts up 30 points in a clutch play off game, while all people do is talk about where LeBron is playing next year.

Kobe laughs at all this LBJ talk, he thinks it's funny because he knows damn well that he can do things on the basketball court that LeBron can't do in video games.

I never said Kobe has nothing to do with it.. I said he cant do it alone and shouldnt get all the credit.. He's had great teams for the most part of his whole career.. Better teams then MJ, anyone.. Stacked teams..

LeBron and Wade can put up 40+ and lose, while Kobe can put up 15 and the Lakers still win, thats the difference. Kobe has a great team, LeBron doesnt, pretty simple logic.

LeBron is a better basketball player then Kobe, still stand by that..

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Don't worry Chillez, LeBron walked into the league as "The King" "The Chose One" before he even took a NBA shot. The media is all over him like no other, they mark him as the Good Guy to Kobe's Bad Guy image.

LeBron is all hype until he proves something, oh wait he has prove something. He's proven that he WOULD be good if he had more help.

Great post man CP for you.

I guess the Lakers haters get mad when we bring up Kobe for whatever reason his rings and his lacy I find it funny Kobe haters are just as bad as Kobe lovers I find that ironic. Lebron is just a freak athlete he's someone you make in the lab I guess that draws hype and media coverage lol. If Lebron gets help and losses again there will just be excuses again like always.

Brancos
06-17-2010, 10:43 PM
The Cavs were the worst team (or basically the worst) before LeBron.

12and4
06-17-2010, 10:44 PM
just to add my opinion:

Kobe > Lebron

Why? I've only been watching the NBA for 3 years now... and i own a Lebron jersey autographed.... but i have to say, kobe knows how to lead his team and make his team better, while lebron has 'resorted' to doing it all on his own, when he has the power to strengthen his team and weaken himself in the process (ftso the team). Kobe knows when to allow his team to take a game and when he has to take the leading role. Lebron has yet to learn that.

Jordan > Kobe

Tho i never watched jordan, i think he was better than kobe... simply because of the 6/6 against 5/7.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Great post man CP for you.

I guess the Lakers haters get mad when we bring up Kobe for whatever reason his rings and his lacy I find it funny Kobe haters are just as bad as Kobe lovers I find that ironic. Lebron is just a freak athlete he's someone you make in the lab I guess that draws hype and media coverage lol. If Lebron gets help and losses again there will just be excuses again like always.

Again, im not mad, i dont hate Kobe, im not a LeBron homer.. Both are great players with different games.. Kobe has a few good years left while LeBron is entering his prime.

It takes a team to win, Kobe has very good players around him, LeBron on the other doesnt, all im saying.. Oh, you guys are funny if you think LeBron is overrated, he's been on some of the worst teams i've ever seen.. How did Kobe do with the bad teams he was on, missed playoffs, asked for trades, then they got him help..

How LeBron lead the Cavs with a team of Gibson, Hughes, Gooden and Illgaskus is amazing, thats a horrible team..

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
just to add my opinion:

Kobe > Lebron

Why? I've only been watching the NBA for 3 years now... and i own a Lebron jersey autographed.... but i have to say, kobe knows how to lead his team and make his team better, while lebron has 'resorted' to doing it all on his own, when he has the power to strengthen his team and weaken himself in the process (ftso the team). Kobe knows when to allow his team to take a game and when he has to take the leading role. Lebron has yet to learn that.

Jordan > Kobe

Tho i never watched jordan, i think he was better than kobe... simply because of the 6/6 against 5/7.

This ^^^. Great post man Lebron is yet to prove anything in post season or make his team better.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Again, im not mad, i dont hate Kobe, im not a LeBron homer.. Both are great players with different games.. Kobe has a few good years left while LeBron is entering his prime.

It takes a team to win, Kobe has very good players around him, LeBron on the other doesnt, all im saying.. Oh, you guys are funny if you think LeBron is overrated, he's been on some of the worst teams i've ever seen.. How did Kobe do with the bad teams he was on, missed playoffs, asked for trades, then they got him help..

How LeBron lead the Cavs with a team of Gibson, Hughes, Gooden and Illgaskus is amazing, thats a horrible team..

He's missed the playoffs what once? The years between Shaq and Pau Kobe was able to do just as much as LeBron now, except the whole choking part.

And he is overrated. I'll stand by that.

Chillez
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM

It takes a team to win, Kobe has very good players around him, LeBron on the other doesn't, all I'm saying.. Oh, you guys are funny if you think LeBron is overrated, he's been on some of the worst teams i've ever seen..

He should get a ring for leading the Cavs with a team of Gibson, Hughes, Gooden and Illgaskus..

Can you name anyone in sports history that got as much as hype as Lebron

that hasn't won a Championship?

He was so hyped up in High School I never seen anything like it.

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Can you name anyone in sports history that got as much as hype as Lebron

that hasn't won a Championship?

He was so hyped up in High School I never seen anything like it.

No, i cant, he's only 25, he'll win plenty once which ever team he goes to or stays with the Cavs put some better pieces around him..

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
He's missed the playoffs what once? The years between Shaq and Pau Kobe was able to do just as much as LeBron now, except the whole choking part.

And he is overrated. I'll stand by that.

Maybe a little, your just Laker homers, so it's nothing new...

He had a great series against Orlando last year, yet, still came up short because his teammates let him down.. Averaged something like 33-34 PPG, what more does he need to do lol..

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 10:58 PM
It adds to there legacy you bet it does matter, Kobe tied Magic Johnson tonight. Lebron is a chocker he cant win when the game is on the line I also don't think he's that good of a shooter personally. All I heard at the beginning of the post season was the Cavs where going win it all easy with addition of Antawn Jamison but it didn't happen and Lebron couldn't reach the Finals again..

It's just so funny how things can change isn't it. How people say the addition to Antawn Jamison locked them as favorites this year. People even said then that he finally got the help he needed, he finally got the legit number 2 guy. But after LeBron was unable to make it work, it was Antawn's fault not LeBron's.

I can't wait to hear what the excuses will be next year after LeBron "finally" gets his help and still doesn't produce a championship.

Kno-Sean
06-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Maybe a little, your just Laker homers, so it's nothing new...

He had a great series against Orlando last year, yet, still came up short because his teammates let him down.. Averaged something like 33-34 PPG, what more does he need to do lol..

I'm a Lakers homer? and you are a LeBron nut hugger. What's the difference? There's a lot more too it then just scoring a lot of points. You can't tell me that LeBron James doesn't have talent around him, it's his responsibility to get all of them involved.

You say how amazing it was that he got guys like Gibson and Big Z to the finals but he couldn't get a more talented team to the finals this year?

ERoyal248
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm a Lakers homer? and you are a LeBron nut hugger. What's the difference? There's a lot more too it then just scoring a lot of points. You can't tell me that LeBron James doesn't have talent around him, it's his responsibility to get all of them involved.

You say how amazing it was that he got guys like Gibson and Big Z to the finals but he couldn't get a more talented team to the finals this year?

He doesnt have that much talent around him.. LeBron always gets his teammates involved.

Shaq is on his last legs..

Mo is a streaky player..

Jamsion got abused by KG..

Then it's a bunch of role players..

He needs a LEGIT #2 option..

Kobe has had Gasol and Shaq.. Pierce got Ray and KG. MJ had Pippen. So on, simple as that. You need another go-to player.

They ran into Boston, they were playing great ball.. KG abused Jamison all series.. Rondo gave them fits, and so on.. Boston was the better team and i still say if Perk plays, they win the game tonight, it's over with now. Boston couldnt get any offensive rebounds.