PDA

View Full Version : Franchise Rankings

CHARGER$
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
29. Oakland Raiders

The Raiders are a mess under owner Al Davis (pictured). But the appointment of Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator and finally cutting the lazy and out-of-shape QB bust JaMarcus Russell actually kept the Raiders from getting a lower score.

24. Denver Broncos

Head coach McDaniels (pictured) often shows his inexperience and struggles to get on the same page with players and coaches. Losing defensive coordinator Mike Nolan after one season was a major blow.

18. Kansas City Chiefs

Scott Pioli is a phenomenal executive. Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards ran the Chiefs straight into the ground, and Pioli has already made great progress in this major rebuilding job. Todd Haley is a solid first-time head coach with a new all-star staff featuring Charlie Weis (pictured) and Romeo Crennel. I have no idea what the Chiefs really have at quarterback.

13. San Diego Chargers

QB Phil Rivers (pictured) is star. Say what you want about A.J. Smith's personality, but he's a fantastic general manager with a great eye for talent. Concerns about the Chargers' long-term future in San Diego hurt the overall number.

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-football-organization-franchise-rankings-2010#sport=NFL&photo=11236521)

Let the SB and choke job smack begin..... again!
:D

I Eat Staples
06-01-2010, 01:08 PM
That's basically an evaluation of the organization's current status, not their all time franchise history. Denver has a better all-time franchise than any of the other AFC West teams, and most of the NFL for that matter.

RaiderFanSD
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
That's basically an evaluation of the organization's current status, not their all time franchise history. Denver has a better all-time franchise than any of the other AFC West teams, and most of the NFL for that matter.

Srs right now?

All time winning percentage:

Raiders: 54%, 410-335-11
Broncos: 52% 394-352-10

Hoserman117
06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
These are basically just terrible power rankings. As far as franchises go, Oakland and Denver should be around the top of this list, with the Chargers waddling around in mid to low teens.

Beagle
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Don't be a homer..

Raiders 1st
Broncos and Chiefs are equal IMO
SeaHawks and Chargers are equals also IMO

CHARGER$
06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
These are basically just terrible power rankings. As far as franchises go, Oakland and Denver should be around the top of this list, with the Chargers waddling around in mid to low teens.

Its more about the current state of the franchise, from top to bottom.
Front office to players on the field.

DishWater
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Its more about the current state of the franchise, from top to bottom.
Front office to players on the field.

So it's a completely subjective and narrow minded perspective of the constantly revolving door that is the NFL franchise?

Sounds entirely legitimate to me.

DevilSpawn
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Chiefs seem a little high imo. Everything else seems about right at a quick glance.

LordTrychon
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Srs right now?

Wow... I didn't realize we were closing in in your wins.

Thanks! :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
That seems a little high for KC. They traded the farm for Cassel and haven't sniffed .500 in how long?

Freestyle
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't be a homer..

Raiders 1st
Broncos and Chiefs are equal IMO
SeaHawks and Chargers are equals also IMO
That looks really close. I think we may have a slight edge over KC because 2>1, though their head to head over everyone in the division is good.

I've said it more then once. San Diego and Seattle are almost identical twins. Just a few years ago they had a similar run at their division San Diego has now... and Seattle fans talking smack to Niner fans are identical to Charger fans talking to Raider fans. They sound exactly the same. :laugh:

Amari24
06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow, was this guy drunk? Shanny on the Hotseat? :laugh:. Its a wonder they don't drug test the idiots who post these kind of ridiculous articles...

I Eat Staples
06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
I'd still put Denver ahead of Oakland. Just because they have a slightly higher win % doesn't necessarily make them a better franchise.

LordTrychon
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd still put Denver ahead of Oakland. Just because they have a slightly higher win % doesn't necessarily make them a better franchise.

Well, I think it's the 3 rings>2 rings that sets them apart more than anything...

Well catch them before they set themselves further apart though... I'm pretty confident in that. :D

RaiderFanSD
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Lemme just refer you to this thread then.... http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=167909

RaiderFanSD
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, I think it's the 3 rings>2 rings that sets them apart more than anything...

Well catch them before they set themselves further apart though... I'm pretty confident in that. :D

I hope not :sad:

LordTrychon
06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Lemme just refer you to this thread then.... http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=167909

Shameless self promotion.

Kinda tastes like spam.

:laugh:

chazoe60
06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Shameless self promotion.

Kinda tastes like spam.

:laugh:

:sick: how do you know what ...............

Oh, oh nevermind. You said "spam". :laugh:

I Eat Staples
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Ok ok fine. Raiders are a slightly better franchise than Denver. There I admitted I was wrong, don't expect that to happen often. :salute:

And you still have Al Davis so lol at you!

RaiderFanSD
06-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok ok fine. Raiders are a slightly better franchise than Denver. There I admitted I was wrong, don't expect that to happen often. :salute:

And you still have Al Davis so lol at you!

:cross: