PDA

View Full Version : All-Star game ridiculousness is getting out of hand

CoryWinget81
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/your-national-league-all-star-vote-leaders.html.php

Your NL All-Star ballot leaders to date:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Chase Utley
3B: Placido Polanco
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Ryan Braun, Jayson Werth, Shane Victorino

Really? Jimmy Rollins? Yadier Molina and his sub .250 batting average?

Your AL All-Star ballot leaders to date:
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Mark Teixeira
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Derek Jeter
OF: Ichiro, Nelson Cruz, Carl Crawford
DH: Vlad Guerrero

At least the AL is getting under control.

The NL team is gonna have a catcher that couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, Pujols, and the entire Philadelphia Phillies roster. Tulo (2nd best fielding percent in the majors with twice as many tries as the guy in first) isn't in the top 5. Carlos Gonzalez, hitting .304 with a mindblowing 33 RBI's isn't even in the top 20 for OF.

I hate the all-star game, and this season its getting no better. It's nothing but a huge popularity contest.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
You shouldn't be surprised. This is the way it is in every sport. Hell, Tracy McGrady was almost voted in to the All-Star game this year.

CoryWinget81
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh I forgot to mention, Olivo batting .316 with 8HR and 25RBIs, and every bit as good of a defensive catcher as Yadi.

INSANE.

You're right. I shouldn't expect it to ever change.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh I forgot to mention, Olivo batting .316 with 8HR and 25RBIs, and every bit as good of a defensive catcher as Yadi.

INSANE.

You're right. I shouldn't expect it to ever change.

Oh I think it will change eventually. I'm just saying this has been going on for years, this year is no different. What we need is less fan input and more coaches/players.

CoryWinget81
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Oh I think it will change eventually. I'm just saying this has been going on for years, this year is no different. What we need is less fan input and more coaches/players.

Hey, if you're from STL/NYY/PHI you GOTTA be good, right? :laugh:

I agree that coaches and players should have more input. I still think the fans could vote, but maybe take the percentage of their vote that counts down a few notches.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Agreed. I think the fans should definitely have some say, but not as much as they do now where players who have no right playing in the ASG are voted in. I'm not sure how I would do it, so I will leave that up to the sports leagues.

Frenchy180
06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I didn't mind so much when the All Star Game didn't decide home field advantage in the World Series... But now that it does something should be done

ERoyal248
06-03-2010, 09:33 AM
It is very very bad, mainly for the NL..

I dont mind if Molina makes it, Barajas is having a great year, as is Olivo. McCann started off slow, but is getting more votes, doubt he gets in.. Of course Philly fans will make Ruiz get in.

Rollins who has played 12 games all season is making it over Hanley and Tulo.. Heyward is a rookie, but still, he should make it over Victorino who is hitting .255 or so.. I think the fans deserve to vote, but not the majority of it.

The only players on Philly who should make it are Utley, Werth, Halladay, and maybe Contreras as a backup for the bullpen..

DevilSpawn
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
lol @ A-rod holding the Yankee infield back. He should make it as a backup.

Longoria, now that's a player. I think he was requested in a blockbuster trade and the Rays said hell no. Very smart.

CinnaMunMun
06-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Mark Teixeira shouldn't be going either when he is hitting barely over the Mendoza line at .215

Justin Morneau and Miguel Cabrera deserve it much more than he does.

Kno-Sean
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Mark Teixeira shouldn't be going either when he is hitting barely over the Mendoza line at .215

Justin Morneau and Miguel Cabrera deserve it much more than he does.

Morneau definitely deserves it more than Teixeira. If Justin continues to play this well he'll pick up his 2nd MVP award.

And for the NL, if Casey McGhee isn't the starting 3b, than it's an absolute shame.

CinnaMunMun
06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Morneau definitely deserves it more than Teixeira. If Justin continues to play this well he'll pick up his 2nd MVP award.

And for the NL, if Casey McGhee isn't the starting 3b, than it's an absolute shame.

McGhee is having a good year, but I would put Zimmerman over him just because he is having a more balanced all around year with hitting and defense.

Kno-Sean
06-03-2010, 10:29 AM
McGhee is having a good year, but I would put Zimmerman over him just because he is having a more balanced all around year with hitting and defense.

They are both having fantastic seasons up to this point, couldn't really argue either way.