PDA

View Full Version : Nhl sucks

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Seriously they have the finals on tonight on a channel that most people dont even know exists or that most people have. UGHHH I really want to watch this

InsaneBlaze23
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Seriously they have the finals on tonight on a channel that most people dont even know exists or that most people have. UGHHH I really want to watch this

But yet you wanna watch it.

How does a sport suck because of what channel it comes on?

I mean the NHL is still recovering from 2003 lockout,the fan base is still getting back on track.

What now VS is the NHL network to watch until ABC starts to see higher ratings.
Also if you have cable/satellite who have VS. It's added just like nickelodeon, history, discovery and cartoon network. We just don't here much about it because it's a new network that formed only a few years ago.

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
But yet you wanna watch it.

How does a sport suck because of what channel it comes on?

I mean the NHL is still recovering from 2003 lockout,the fan base is still getting back on track.

What now VS is the NHL network to watch until ABC starts to see higher ratings.
Also if you have cable/satellite who have VS. It's added just like nickelodeon, history, discovery and cartoon network. We just don't here much about it because it's a new network that formed only a few years ago.

Versus is not included with cable from a lot of companies, so I will not be able to watch it because its on some premium channel.

I like the sport, but it really does sucks when u dont get to see any playoff games.

rst08tierney
06-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Its a Canadian thing. Give Steve and his family my best for the Stanley Cup Finals. The best part is he can now attend in person.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/andonechris/lmfaostevenashesfamily.jpg

Medford Bronco
06-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Versus is not included with cable from a lot of companies, so I will not be able to watch it because its on some premium channel.

I like the sport, but it really does sucks when u dont get to see any playoff games.

check your cp. you can watch it online. I put a website there. :salute:

HurricaneDovs
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
You suck!

*reads rest of post*

Oh. Yeah nevermind. I agree with ya Sparky. :D

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
yay now i will get to watch the final game on tv!!! game4 wont be televised.

ty medford....i did know about that site and used for the penguins, except some links die, good tonight though..ill cp u when my 24 hour wait is up

Thors Hammer
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Philly just won it in OT.

broncsfan21
06-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Lucky for me, VS is on my very basic cable package. :peace:

Frenchy180
06-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Philly just won it in OT.

awesome that means that game five will be on nbc. I dont think ive missed the clinching game of the stanley cup finals once in over ten years

underrated29
06-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Games 1 and 2 were on local channels. 9 for us here in Denver....

VS sucks man- they bought up all sorts of games. I miss when the games were on espn. but after the lockout they have bad blood between them. (E!spn and NHL)...

Another couple years and we might be mainstream again.

PS- I hate philly.

InsaneBlaze23
06-02-2010, 09:34 PM

VS sucks man- they bought up all sorts of games. I miss when the games were on espn. but after the lockout they have bad blood between them. (E!spn and NHL)...

PS- I hate philly.

Thats the main thing. The lockout put this sport in the hole in football might be next if the owners agree to terms with the PA.

Lockouts are scary in the NHL proves it.

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-02-2010, 09:36 PM

PS- I hate philly.

well, espn offered a good tv deal to nhl but they turned it down because it wasnt fully guarenteed money, versus guarenteed the money, so for the owners it was smart to go with versus, but it sucks for fans without that channel. nhl and versus have already extended through 2012 i believe

LSIGRAD09
06-02-2010, 09:40 PM

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!:D

In all seriousness though, I love Hockey, it is my second favorite sport. Go Penguins.

That lockout screwed them over, and I struggle to find hockey on TV.
I don't want to pay to watch games online, but I really want to see them, and they are never broadcast, unless a NY team is playing the Pengs.

Hockey will get better, the Olympics should have helped.

Also, Stanley cup sucks, I don't have a strong like of either team, I hate Philly!

InsaneBlaze23
06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
well, espn offered a good tv deal to nhl but they turned it down because it wasnt fully guarenteed money, versus guarenteed the money, so for the owners it was smart to go with versus, but it sucks for fans without that channel. nhl and versus have already extended through 2012 i believe

Yeah but thats where local TV comes in. Remember last year in the year before NBC showed every game between Detroit in Pittsburgh.

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!:D

In all seriousness though, I love Hockey, it is my second favorite sport. Go Penguins.

That lockout screwed them over, and I struggle to find hockey on TV.
I don't want to pay to watch games online, but I really want to see them, and they are never broadcast, unless a NY team is playing the Pengs.

Hockey will get better, the Olympics should have helped.

Also, Stanley cup sucks, I don't have a strong like of either team, I hate Philly!

if u did read my other posts, ud get it (i think you do)

Im penguins fan too, i loved em since mario came and saved them from contraction/bankruptcy

LSIGRAD09
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
if u did read my other posts, ud get it (i think you do)

Im penguins fan too, i loved em since mario came and saved them from contraction/bankruptcy

Yeah, I get it. Joking mostly! :D

Good to see another Pengs fan.

InsaneBlaze23
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I get it. Joking mostly! :D

Good to see another Pengs fan.

Not really. lol
:smug::laugh::dance:

LSIGRAD09
06-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Not really. lol
:smug::laugh::dance:

What team do you like?

InsaneBlaze23
06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
What team do you like?

Other than me being a Broncos fan.

I'm a homer, Detroit Red Wings. In yeah I know y'all won the cup last year over us but we won the cup the year before vs the Pen.

Plus the Red Wings have not missed a playoff game season 1991 and has not been ranked out of the top 4 since 92.

So I don't think you can say anything bad since the last time Detroit played the Penguins,Detroit won 3-0 in our goalie beat the crap out of sid the kid.

LSIGRAD09
06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Other than me being a Broncos fan.

I'm a homer, Detroit Red Wings. In yeah I know y'all won the cup last year over us but we won the cup the year before vs the Pen.

Plus the Red Wings have not missed a playoff game season 1991 and has not been ranked out of the top 4 since 92.

So I don't think you can say anything bad since the last time Detroit played the Penguins,Detroit won 3-0 in our goalie beat the crap out of sid the kid.

So hostile! I could have guessed you were either a Wings, Caps, or Flyers fan.
I'm not here to smack on Hockey though.

underrated29
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Thats the main thing. The lockout put this sport in the hole in football might be next if the owners agree to terms with the PA.

Lockouts are scary in the NHL proves it.

That is why I guarantee there will not be a NFL lockout. I do not care what the owners, players or anyone says....It is devastating. Yes the NFL can bounce back much better, but the damage is nothing that can be predicted nor taken lightly.

Red Wings Suck!! BTW.

Sorry blaze- but as an Avs fan I am obligated to say this every opportunity I get.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
That is why I guarantee there will not be a NFL lockout. I do not care what the owners, players or anyone says....It is devastating. Yes the NFL can bounce back much better, but the damage is nothing that can be predicted nor taken lightly.

Red Wings Suck!! BTW.

Sorry blaze- but as an Avs fan I am obligated to say this every opportunity I get.

I'm sorry to say it but how many Cups do the AV's have?
How many people on earth actually know who the AV's are,other than there 5 fans in south Boulder.

broncsfan21
06-03-2010, 01:12 PM
How many people on earth actually know who the AV's are,other than there 5 fans in south Boulder.

We have 2, which isn't bad for 15 years. Sorry we don't have original 6 cred....

I didn't really have have anyone to root for before them, the Rockies were a little before my time as a hockey fan. So...I had the Denver Grizzlies, and didn't have an NHL team because I think being a fan of a team from a different city is lame.

LSIGRAD09
06-03-2010, 01:13 PM

I know them, not because I am a Denver fan, but because I always used to play with them on NHL HITZ 2002.

I liked Roy, Forsberg, Blake and Sakic. The Avalanche are not on many people's radar though.

underrated29
06-03-2010, 01:19 PM

Prior to the salary cap as many as you do....Of course you have to count the fact that the avs have only been around 13 years or so. And our team was totally dismantled after the cap came about.

A lot of people know who the avs are. We can at least sell out our stadium. Joe lewis struggles with that. And you harbor my most hated player in all sports worldwide. I am sure you do not like him either but that muther ****** Todd Bertuzzi!

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sidney-crosby-stanley-cup-kiss.jpg

underrated29
06-03-2010, 01:29 PM
http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sidney-crosby-stanley-cup-kiss.jpg

Twas a thing of beauty!!!

Now we need matt to do that for us!! Of course Taylor hall is going to be in edmonton which is not something I am looking forward too.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Prior to the salary cap as many as you do....Of course you have to count the fact that the avs have only been around 13 years or so. And our team was totally dismantled after the cap came about.

A lot of people know who the avs are. We can at least sell out our stadium. Joe lewis struggles with that. And you harbor my most hated player in all sports worldwide. I am sure you do not like him either but that muther ****** Todd Bertuzzi!

I do like Todd.

The arena does not struggle,the Detroit Red Wings have one of the biggest fan bases in sports under the Yankees,Cowboys,Lakers/Celtics.

In What is the Wings AV's record. Does Detroit have a better win-lost record vs the AV's?

Didn't Detroit sweep the AV's the last time the 2 met in the playoffs.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 01:47 PM

I actually find it funny how last season Penguins won in Detroit but the year before Detroit won in Pittsburgh.

I also find it funny how a goalie in his rookie year makes NHL's star eat his glove.

Oh how I wish there was a round 3 this year for Wings in Penguins.

broncsfan21
06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I do like Todd.

The arena does not struggle,the Detroit Red Wings have one of the biggest fan bases in sports under the Yankees,Cowboys,Lakers/Celtics.

In What is the Wings AV's record. Does Detroit have a better win-lost record vs the AV's?

How can you like Todd? The last time the Avs met the Wings in the playoffs, we were running on a skeleton crew, we couldnt get healthy.

underrated29
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I do like Todd.

I am sorry that you like him. Lose a bit of respect on that one.

I know the wings fans are everywhere. But from everything I have heard/read the past couple years they are not selling out the joe....????

What is the w/l? I have no clue? It has to be pretty close

And yes you paid us back the favor for us taking you down the years before.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I am sorry that you like him. Lose a bit of respect on that one.

I know the wings fans are everywhere. But from everything I have heard/read the past couple years they are not selling out the joe....????

What is the w/l? I have no clue? It has to be pretty close

And yes you paid us back the favor for us taking you down the years before.

The thing with the Joe is not a problem with the team. It's a city budget issue,some expanses are costing the Joe money so the club has to higher the ticket price. The more it cost to get a ticket the less among of people to goto the game. Especially when there's a bar in downtown called hockeytown that a lot of fans like going to instead of going to the game.

The AV's will always be on the backside of the western conference. People had higher hopes for the coyotes than the AV's this season for the playoffs.

LSIGRAD09
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM

beautiful!!!!

InsaneBlaze23
06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
http://blog.pennlive.com/midstate_impact/2008/06/large_Stanley%20Cup%20Red%20Wings_PICK.JPG

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2008/06/bettman_gary_nhl_commissioner_presents_stanley_cup _to_lidstrom_nicklas_wings_scf08_480x285.jpg

In we can't for get this one
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cw_EzRKRYSU/S6jPcGnms_I/AAAAAAAABAU/kAqDe_6pDRs/s400/jimmy+howard.jpg

"Crosby,tell me how my glove taste"

broncsfan21
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
http://blog.pennlive.com/midstate_impact/2008/06/large_Stanley%20Cup%20Red%20Wings_PICK.JPG

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2008/06/bettman_gary_nhl_commissioner_presents_stanley_cup _to_lidstrom_nicklas_wings_scf08_480x285.jpg

In we can't for get this one
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cw_EzRKRYSU/S6jPcGnms_I/AAAAAAAABAU/kAqDe_6pDRs/s400/jimmy+howard.jpg

"Crosby,tell me how my glove taste"

The Red Wings are kind of the Yankees of hockey. Just sayin..

InsaneBlaze23
06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
The Red Wings are kind of the Yankees of hockey. Just sayin..

I know that.
There the most hated and most popular team. simply because there the best and America's team,much like the Yankees,Lakers,Cowboys/Steelers,etc
Also include Brazil and Barcelona.

broncsfan21
06-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I know that.
There the most hated and most popular team. simply because there the best and America's team,much like the Yankees,Lakers,Cowboys/Steelers,etc
Also include Brazil and Barcelona.

True, although to be honest, I respect the Wings more than those other teams, especially the last few years. All of them are true hockey players, not some diva like Crosby, all the forwards are two way players, and if I wasnt an Avs fan then I would probably be a fan of theirs.

InsaneBlaze23
06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
True, although to be honest, I respect the Wings more than those other teams, especially the last few years. All of them are true hockey players, not some diva like Crosby, all the forwards are two way players, and if I wasnt an Avs fan then I would probably be a fan of theirs.

Not being bias but Detroit is a rare sport franchise. They build there team on low draft picks.
There's only a few teams on Earth that does that. One of the best players in hockey and on the team is Henrik "Hank" Zetterberg, he was 210th round draft pick. In now teams wish they drafted him.

There also like Josh McDaniels,only go for character type players. The team cut on of the top cry babies in sport Sean Avery, a player teams lined up to get. Other than Todd Bertuzzi we don't have dirty players.

Anyways,Crosby would have more fans if he was not a diva or cry baby. He does not like to lose to good teams. Back in 08 he didn't shake the Wings hands but in 09 he did,then this season he didn't sack the teams hands again after Pens lost to Detroit. Alex the great is better than Sidney in every way.

I would be a AV's fan if I was not a Detroit fan.

broncsfan21
06-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Not being bias but Detroit is a rare sport franchise. They build there team on low draft picks.
There's only a few teams on Earth that does that. One of the best players in hockey and on the team is Henrik "Hank" Zetterberg, he was 210th round draft pick. In now teams wish they drafted him.

There also like Josh McDaniels,only go for character type players. The team cut on of the top cry babies in sport Sean Avery, a player teams lined up to get. Other than Todd Bertuzzi we don't have dirty players.

Anyways,Crosby would have more fans if he was not a diva or cry baby. He does not like to lose to good teams. Back in 08 he didn't shake the Wings hands but in 09 he did,then this season he didn't sack the teams hands again after Pens lost to Detroit. Alex the great is better than Sidney in every way.

I would be a AV's fan if I was not a Detroit fan.

Its that reason that i do respect the Wings, they have always had those kind of players in their locker room. I look forward to the day that the Avs-Wings rivalry renews to the glory it had in the 90s. Those were good days of hockey!

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM
At least the rest of the series is on NBC for you :salute:

Go Hawks. :salute: