PDA

View Full Version : armando galarraga gets new car over blown game.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 01:54 PM
The Detroit Tigers and Chevrolet has given Armando Galarraga a brand Corvette as a grand prize for yesterday perfect game, i mean one-hitter.

Before todays game Armando gave Jim Joyce the line up card for todays game in Jim was in tears.

Today Tigers won 12-6 after yesterdays 3-0.

Also Bud Selig said he will not overturn the blown call.

Peanut
06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
The Detroit Tigers and Chevrolet has given Armando Galarraga a brand Corvette as a grand prize for yesterday perfect game, i mean one-hitter.

Before todays game Armando gave Jim Joyce the line up card for todays game in Jim was in tears.

Today Tigers won 12-6 after yesterdays 3-0.

Also Bud Selig said he will not overturn the blown call.

That is cool. I'm glad he got something.

jetrazor74
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
One thing you can say about Jim Joyce tho, he's been nothing but classy, as has Galarraga and the Detroit Organization.

InsaneBlaze23
06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
One thing you can say about Jim Joyce tho, he's been nothing but classy, as has Galarraga and the Detroit Organization.

They're a classy team. However some players are not as classy as you think.

Miguel Cabrera was yelling at the ump,Jim Leland did what all Mangers do in thats argues the call.

This blown call will be forgotten in a few weeks.

BaileyIsGod
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM

Miguel Cabrera was yelling at the ump,Jim Leland did what all Mangers do in thats argues the call.

No...I doubt the blown call will ever be forgotten.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I feel bad for Jim. It seems like he was beating himself up a bit over the call. He is only human, people make mistakes.

samparnell
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM
... I had a corvette, I would make a lot of new friends. :eek:

LSIGRAD09
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM

I hope it is forgotten, it sucks, but in the long run, it is really very little for fans to get worked up about.

Man, I wish I could get a new car like that for something.

I wonder if...............yeah.

InsaneBlaze23
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I hope it is forgotten, it sucks, but in the long run, it is really very little for fans to get worked up about.

Man, I wish I could get a new car like that for something.

I wonder if...............yeah.

Think about it,whats better having you name in a book or driven this. Remember you don't get more money for a perfect game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Armando-Galarraga-receives-a-Corvette-consolatio?urn=mlb,245508

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100603&content_id=10758998&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Second link has a video