PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Strasburg's debut...

RunYouOver
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
VERY impressive to say the least.

7 innings, 2 earned runs, 14 strikeouts.

His stuff is filthy, unbelievable. An accurate 100 mph 4 seamer, 97 mph 2 seamer, and a ridiculous 82 mph curve. Not to mention he throws a change up at some speed in between.

If this guy can stay healthy...watch out for the...Nationals? :laugh: :eek:

Jay3
06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
They're limiting his pitch count and innings to bring him along slowly.

He struck out the last seven batters he faced. He was on a smoking roll when they took him out.

He struck out each of the 9 starters for the Pirates at least once.

CTM
06-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Not to downplay his performance because he was great in his debut, but this will be hitters first times facing him. They'll eventually adjust to him. The real question will be can he grow and adjust to throw off hitters who are familiar with his stuff.

thatkidhunt
06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
VERY impressive to say the least.

7 innings, 2 earned runs, 14 strikeouts.

His stuff is filthy, unbelievable. An accurate 100 mph 4 seamer, 97 mph 2 seamer, and a ridiculous 82 mph curve. Not to mention he throws a change up at some speed in between.

If this guy can stay healthy...watch out for the...Nationals? :laugh: :eek:

Never has a kid had more pressure and more hype coming into their first game. The only other person that comes to mind would be Lebron James. This kid had everybody in the entire Nation and many places across the world watching him and he was flat out amazing.

This kid is special.

broncsfan21
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Never has a kid had more pressure and more hype coming into their first game. The only other person that comes to mind would be Lebron James. This kid had everybody in the entire Nation and many places across the world watching him and he was flat out amazing.

This kid is special.

What do you think is going to be the case the first time Tebow is slotted for his first start? Personally, I think the hype will be just as big.

thatkidhunt
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
What do you think is going to be the case the first time Tebow is slotted for his first start? Personally, I think the hype will be just as big.

Even as a Bronco fan I would have to disagree. It will be fairly big, but this is completley different.

Hype, in this case being, everybody in the entire Nation watching you because the "Hype" is that you are suppose to be the next best thing in the entire sport.

This is not the case with Tebow, in fact its almost the complete opposite.

Stephen Strausburg was not only the first overall pick but baseball die hards (and National fans:D) have been watching this kids every move since he was picked #1 overall.

This is much bigger, and the fact that he performed in the way in which he did makes it huge.

GridironChamp
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
14 K's is downright dirty.

Kid has all the physical tools to be a force, hopefully he has the mentality too.

Peerless
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
An amazing start. This kid, can throw hard.

DevilSpawn
06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
He was 1 shy of tying the MLB record of strikeouts in a debut. He did break the record of most Ks in a MLB debut without walking a batter.

This future Yankee looks awesome! :peace:

RealBronco
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
wow, our local news just had a story on this guy.

so he actually is in the Majors now? cuz all the clips were from his Syracuse performances?

thatkidhunt
06-08-2010, 10:01 PM
wow, our local news just had a story on this guy.

so he actually is in the Majors now? cuz all the clips were from his Syracuse performances?

Oh yea, hes definitley here, in a big way.

broncsfan21
06-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Even as a Bronco fan I would have to disagree. It will be fairly big, but this is completley different.

Hype, in this case being, everybody in the entire Nation watching you because the "Hype" is that you are suppose to be the next best thing in the entire sport.

This is not the case with Tebow, in fact its almost the complete opposite.

Stephen Strausburg was not only the first overall pick but baseball die hards (and National fans:D) have been watching this kids every move since he was picked #1 overall.

This is much bigger, and the fact that he performed in the way in which he did makes it huge.

I can agree with that. I know that Strausburg was expected to be the next great pitcher, but their are many who believe Tebow is going to revolutionize the way football is played in the NFL.

I beg to differ on that, however I think because of the huge national fanbase Tebow has, paired with us drafting him earlier than anyone predicted he would go, I think the hype that will be generated once it is announced he will be the starter will be pretty big.

As far as Strausburg goes, that was a very impressive start to a pitching career. Good job kid!