PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Win Hawks Win.......

Medford Bronco
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
The Flyers were gutsy and played their hearts out but the team that had 30 more reg season points outlasted them.

I am happy for my uncle from Chicago and I am a psuedo fan as well.

Kane is a great player and was rewarded with the Cup winning goal.

Congrats to Towes on the Conn Smythe trophy

Best jersey in the NHL by far.:peace:

Glad a former Cane contributed to the win as well.....

Ladd with a nice tip in

MNBroncs85
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Im missing the news damn it they should of televised it on VS like they have been JK:D

CoryWinget81
06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Kaner had an AMAZING game winning goal.

Joel Quenneville finally gets his cup as a Head Coach.

Scariest part? The Hawks are YOUNG.

LSIGRAD09
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
YEAHHHHHH! Philly can cry.
Now to watch the Pengs come back and win it next year. (JK, but maybe!)

Thors Hammer
06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Jeremy Roenick crying in the announce booth shows just how much winning the Cup means to Chicago.

Kno-Sean
06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Kaner had an AMAZING game winning goal.

Joel Quenneville finally gets his cup as a Head Coach.

Scariest part? The Hawks are YOUNG.

I'm not much of a hockey guy but shouldn't that shot have been saved? Looked relatively easy to me. Well compared to some of those saves those great goalies make.

CoryWinget81
06-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm not much of a hockey guy but shouldn't that shot have been saved? Looked relatively easy to me. Well compared to some of those saves those great goalies make.

He threaded the needle right under Leighton's pads. It was brilliant.

Leighton did all he could to get down, but the perfect shot beats the perfect save 9 out of 10 times.

CanDB
06-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Like the Hawks. Lots of local talent, including Toews and Keith, both from Winnipeg. I may even slip over to my old community club to see the Cup when Toews brings it home.

I knew this team was going to be good, when they started to draft good player after good player a few years back.

The future looks really bright with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and on and on.......

:salute:

Frenchy180
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Like the Hawks. Lots of local talent, including Toews and Keith, both from Winnipeg. I may even slip over to my old community club to see the Cup when Toews brings it home.

I knew this team was going to be good, when they started to draft good player after good player a few years back.

The future looks really bright with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and on and on.......

:salute:

Here's the question for you Can... Would you touch the Cup if given the opportunity?

broncsfan21
06-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Here's the question for you Can... Would you touch the Cup if given the opportunity?

No way. You gotta earn that opportunity.

bears6385
06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Wow........just wow, what a year, what a ride.:salute:

CanDB
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Hey Frenchy.......I would definitely touch the cup if I had a chance. I played a lot of hockey in my life, so why not??? :P

I was very fortunate after the 2006 Winter Olympics when the female star of the games - Cindy Klassen (from Winnipeg), visited our workplace with her medals. She came there because my company sponsors her.

Anyway, Cindy won 5 medals at those games in speed skating, and we were allowed to touch some of her medals.

SO.....it turns out 3 of the Hawks are from Winnipeg as well (Toews, Keith and Sharp - I forgot Sharp had local roots), therefore I figure I'm in for a legit Stanley Cup touch.......we'll find out when I see Jonathan when he brings the trophy to his old community.

CanDB
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
No way. You gotta earn that opportunity.

sorry....see my response to Frenchy's question above......if I get the chance I'm touching that big shiny beast of a trophy!!!!

MNBroncs85
06-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I still say the Olympic hockey was 10X better:salute:

broncsfan21
06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
sorry....see my response to Frenchy's question above......if I get the chance I'm touching that big shiny beast of a trophy!!!!

I wasn't speaking for you, sorry if it came across that way. I was just voicing my own opinion.

I mean, if i had the chance to touch the lombardi trophy, i would, but a new one of those is cranked out every year. But to me, the Stanley Cup is the holy grail of trophies, their is only one, and when you win it, your name is on it forever. So to touch it, you need to have earned it.

But thats just me, I can totally see why other people would want to touch it, I just have my own set of rules for myself.

Medford Bronco
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I still say the Olympic hockey was 10X better:salute:

It was better but not by that much.

The ot games in the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best in sport IMHO

I hope someday a Super Bowl is decided in ot. I love the drama and the finalness of it.

Frenchy180
06-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Hey Frenchy.......I would definitely touch the cup if I had a chance. I played a lot of hockey in my life, so why not??? :P

I was very fortunate after the 2006 Winter Olympics when the female star of the games - Cindy Klassen (from Winnipeg), visited our workplace with her medals. She came there because my company sponsors her.

Anyway, Cindy won 5 medals at those games in speed skating, and we were allowed to touch some of her medals.

SO.....it turns out 3 of the Hawks are from Winnipeg as well (Toews, Keith and Sharp - I forgot Sharp had local roots), therefore I figure I'm in for a legit Stanley Cup touch.......we'll find out when I see Jonathan when he brings the trophy to his old community.

I've got completely mixed feelings on whether or not I would touch it given the opportunity (before "earning" it)... It's something I would more than love to earn the right to lift, and I believe in the curse that says if you touch it before you earn it, you won't get the chance to earn it, or something like that...

But then again the odds of me (who has never skated on ice) earning it are extremely low and the odds of ever getting the opportunity to touch it again are probably just as low...

I would probably touch it, lift it, and drink champagne out of it given the chance, but by no means would I ever throw it off a balcony into a pool (stupid Dallas)

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Have to give props to all the Chicago fans,you guys called it.Good game :D:salute:

Special Props to you Medford :P

broncsfan21
06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
It was better but not by that much.

The ot games in the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best in sport IMHO

I hope someday a Super Bowl is decided in ot. I love the drama and the finalness of it.

I would say that the NHL playoffs were better than Olympic hockey, but the gold medal game was better than Game 6 of the finals.

Medford Bronco
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Have to give props to all the Chicago fans,you guys called it.Good game :
:

Special Props to you Medford :P

Thanks man:salute::D:salute:

I love original 6 hockey. the history etc.

the Chicago fans have way more class then of many other teams. **cough** the Sabres fans and the crying MTL fans that whine over everhything

Medford Bronco
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Hockey is back in the USA!!!!!!! Game 6 highest rating Finals game since 1974

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 6 Highest Rating Since 1974 Final!!!

Game 6 earns highest rating for NHL game since ’74
2 hours, 50 minutes ago

Email Print NEW YORK (AP)—NHL television ratings have bounced back from the post-lockout doldrums—and way beyond.

The clincher of the Stanley Cup finals was the most-watched and highest-rated NHL game in 36 years. The Chicago Blackhawks’ 4-3 overtime win over the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 6, which earned them their first championship since 1961, drew a 4.7 rating and 8 share Wednesday night on NBC.

That’s the best since a 7.6/27 for Game 6 of the Boston-Philadelphia series in 1974. It was 38 percent higher than the 3.4/6 for last year’s Pittsburgh-Detroit Game 6 and 9 percent higher than the 4.3/8 for Game 7 in 2009.

The network said Thursday that the game was watched by 8.28 million viewers.

The series’ average rating was a 3.4/6, the best on network TV since Carolina-Detroit in 2002 and up 10 percent from last year.

“This has been a special year for hockey beginning with the Winter Classic continuing through the Olympics and ending with this incredibly exciting Stanley Cup final,” NBC Sports president Ken Schanzer said in a release.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.

Game 6 drew a 32.8 rating and 50 share in Chicago, which means that half of all homes with televisions in use were tuned into the game.

ursamajor
06-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Man oh man...How fitting was it for Kane to finish it, and seal the game and series with that shot? That shot was amazing...not only because of the angle, but precision-splitting Leighton's legs for the Cup. That shot is going to be one of legend.

I have to admit, the Flyers came out screaming on OT, and the way they were keeping the puck on Chi's side of the ice, I was worried...but the Hawks got their head back into the game. It seemed to me like they were stunned from Hartnell's goal in the 3rd. But I'll take the result.

Man oh man what a finish, and what a game. It was an exciting series, with a ton of scoring. I'm not surprised by the ratings, as scoring and drama like that can have non hockey fans glued to the TV.

While i was going off and screaming at first, I felt for the Flyers. They were game as 'ell, and I can only imagine how much of a punch in the stomach it must have been to get eliminated like that.

But not too much :D

broncsfan21
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Man oh man...How fitting was it for Kane to finish it, and seal the game and series with that shot? That shot was amazing...not only because of the angle, but precision-splitting Leighton's legs for the Cup. That shot is going to be one of legend.

I have to admit, the Flyers came out screaming on OT, and the way they were keeping the puck on Chi's side of the ice, I was worried...but the Hawks got their head back into the game. It seemed to me like they were stunned from Hartnell's goal in the 3rd. But I'll take the result.

Man oh man what a finish, and what a game. It was an exciting series, with a ton of scoring. I'm not surprised by the ratings, as scoring and drama like that can have non hockey fans glued to the TV.

While i was going off and screaming at first, I felt for the Flyers. They were game as 'ell, and I can only imagine how much of a punch in the stomach it must have been to get eliminated like that.

But not too much :D

Personally, I thought it was a soft goal. With the angle Kane shot it at, a goalie should be able to stop that. Thats just hockey defense 101, force the puck handler to the outside, and cut down the angle he has on the net. So as far as shot location is concerned, it was a poor shot choice.

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of just throwing shots on net, even if you have a bad angle. Just because every now and then, you get lucky and catch the goalie off-guard or get a lucky bounce, and lucky for Kane, he caught Leighton a little out of position, and sent the puck through that tiny hole.

CoryWinget81
06-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Personally, I thought it was a soft goal. With the angle Kane shot it at, a goalie should be able to stop that. Thats just hockey defense 101, force the puck handler to the outside, and cut down the angle he has on the net. So as far as shot location is concerned, it was a poor shot choice.

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of just throwing shots on net, even if you have a bad angle. Just because every now and then, you get lucky and catch the goalie off-guard or get a lucky bounce, and lucky for Kane, he caught Leighton a little out of position, and sent the puck through that tiny hole.

You can't take anything away from that shot. It was legendary. They'll be talking about that shot when we're old and gray.

broncsfan21
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
You can't take anything away from that shot. It was legendary. They'll be talking about that shot when we're old and gray.

I'm not taking anything away from that shot, I'm just saying that his shot location was not the ideal spot to take a shot from. The hole that Kane found was tiny, and he put the puck exactly where it needed to be.

CoryWinget81
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm not taking anything away from that shot, I'm just saying that his shot location was not the ideal spot to take a shot from. The hole that Kane found was tiny, and he put the puck exactly where it needed to be.

Hence being legendary! :smug:

But, you're right though, it was right place right time, and you're also right about putting the puck on the net. Force the issue, and you never know what can happen! :D

Medford Bronco
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM

I think Leighton is not that good. He sucked in Carolina and his Cinderella ride is over.

Personally it is a weak goal. Smart to put it on net and happy it went it but do you think that Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Ken Dryden or Grant Fuhr let up that goal in that siutation. Heck even my goalie in Cam Ward I would hope would stop a weak shot like that.

I dont take away but it was far from typical Pat Kane highlight reel goal

ursamajor
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Like any sport, it is the miraculous plays that become legend. Flutie's Hail Mary, Clark's "The Catch", the Music City Miracle etc.

This one will forever be special, not just because of the difficulty (no matter how you slice it, he split Leighton's legs at a difficult angle) but because the shot won the Cup.

I will say this, due to the finality of it, nothing matches the excitement of sudden death in the post season. You are stuck on the edge of your seat for the entire OT period. Cringing at every shot attempt of your opponent, getting ready to jump every time your team shoots.

Medford Bronco
06-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I will say this, due to the finality of it, nothing matches the excitement of sudden death in the post season. You are stuck on the edge of your seat for the entire OT period. Cringing at every shot attempt of your opponent, getting ready to jump every time your team shoots.

Awesome post ursa:salute:

I agree. I love NHL playoff ot. It is my favorite in all of sports. Especially Game 7s. I was at one in Boston last year when my Canes won for me in double ot. One of the best sports moments I have witnessed ever:D

broncsfan21
06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I think Leighton is not that good. He sucked in Carolina and his Cinderella ride is over.

Personally it is a weak goal. Smart to put it on net and happy it went it but do you think that Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Ken Dryden or Grant Fuhr let up that goal in that siutation. Heck even my goalie in Cam Ward I would hope would stop a weak shot like that.

I dont take away but it was far from typical Pat Kane highlight reel goal

I agree, and that was kind of my point. Not taking anything away from Kane, he saw the chink in Leighton's armor, and put the puck clean through. But, like you mentioned, a good goaltender would not have had a hole open where Leighton did.

Most of the time when you throw a goal on the net from that spot, the goalie kicks it aside with the leg pads. Sometimes you get lucky and one of your own guys puts in the rebound, but you never expect it to go to the back of the net on the initial shot.

But like I said, Leighton left a hole open, Kane saw, Kane capitalized, and now he has the hardware to go with the win.

broncsfan21
06-17-2010, 04:50 PM

^^This

I love sports in general, particularly hockey and football. But nothing is as exciting as OT in playoff hockey. During that last game, I was at the edge of my seat the whole time, and I wasn't even partial to either team! I might have had a coronary if my Avs were playing in that game!

Medford Bronco
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
^^This

I love sports in general, particularly hockey and football. But nothing is as exciting as OT in playoff hockey. During that last game, I was at the edge of my seat the whole time, and I wasn't even partial to either team! I might have had a coronary if my Avs were playing in that game!

Great post and agreed. :peace:

Southstander
06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
^^This

I endorse this post.

Brancos
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Did the Hawks winned? :go: