PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ERoyal248
06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
It hasnt happened yet, but Laker fans, not talking smack.

If the Bulls got Bosh and LeBron, who would win in a series.

PG- Rose vs Fisher
SG- Deng vs Kobe
SF- LeBron vs Artest
PF- Bosh vs Gasol
C- Noah vs Bynum

A lot of rumors going around of Wade, Bosh and LeBron teaming up.

Should be an interesting offseason.

The Experience
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Nuggets need to go get a big man.

Amari24
06-29-2010, 03:18 AM
I think Lebron will go to New Jersey, and Wade may follow, tho I think he will stay in Miami, but here is just a side theroy..

PG. Harris Vs. Fisher
SG. Wade Vs. Kobe
SF. Lebron Vs. Artest
PF. Favors Vs. Pau
C. Lopez Vs. Bynum

On the other hand, I also think Lebron could go to Miami with Wade, and they may ship O'neal and bring in Bosh. Amare most likely, will be going to NYK with D'antoni, leaving Bosh.

PG. Chalmers Vs. Fisher
SG. Wade Vs. Kobe
SF. Lebron Vs. Artest
PF. Bosh Vs. Pau
C. O'neal Vs. Bynum (If O'neal is not traded)

I can almost guarntee at this point, Bosh is as good as gone. If he doesn't end playing with Lebron, he will defintely be playing with Wade in Miami, which is why I think Wade will stay in Miami anyways..

Anyways, those are my top canidates, for where Lebron may end up. Behind them are the Knicks and the Bulls. If he does leave Cleveland, I don't see him ending up anywhere else, other than those 4 teams..

1.Nets
2.Heat
3.Knicks
4.Bulls

Spice 1
06-29-2010, 10:13 AM

PG- Rose vs Fisher
SG- Deng vs Kobe
SF- LeBron vs Artest
PF- Bosh vs Gasol
C- Noah vs Bynum

Seriously, we can do this. If I'm coaching Chitcago, my thinking is this:

LeBron's gunna run the point. No doubt. He can do whatever he wants to Artest out there. Artest will get into foul trouble early, so Jackson will have to get a LeBron defense posse going. I'm isolating Fisher on Rose all day. I'm going to have to get my own Kobe defense posse going, so I'm going to beg management to find me a shut down defender with long arms to help on that front. Deng ain't too bad though. Ideally, Bosh is going to force Gasol to play defense, and stretch the paint. This allows LeBron and Rose to massacre people. Bynum is going to be hurt, so I'm not worried about that match-up. What it comes down to, is how well I can contain Bryant. If Bosh punks out against Gasol, I'll just move Noah over there, and have him play Gasol extremely tight. Gasol kills people with his J. I'd rather he had to put the ball on the court. Triangle creates a lot of backside cutters, and particularly, post and wing isolation. This creates passing lanes. I might consider going with the zone. I'd put money on my Bulls.

PhillyBronco24
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM

PG- Rose vs Fisher
SG- Deng vs Kobe
SF- LeBron vs Artest
PF- Bosh vs Gasol
C- Noah vs Bynum

I think there is no way this happens for a few reasons. One putting three max guys together would totally clean up alot of the space they have, yet they only have a few players under contract this season so they still have to bring in some more heads. On top of this bron in MIA? No way because he would be in the passenger side to dwade. Wade owns all of south Florida its that simple. People down there see him as god, and no way if bron goes there he will get the same love as him, and I just cant see a guy like him being ok with that.

I think ultimatily bron and bosh end up in chi town which is a pretty nasty team with the addition of them. The only problem for them would be in two years of so when rose contract is up, hes prob gonna be worth almost as a max guy, so players will have to take a pay cut if they really want to turn that team into a dynasty.

As for the lakers who knows what their team will look like, their very good at making moves and acquiring pieces to the championship puzzle. They def have to make a move if that chi town team happens or else they could find themselves up against a very, very nasty team in the bulls.

rst08tierney
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM

Bring on any team you want. The lakers Championship window is WIDE OPEN for another 3 year. Our bench can only get better in the off season, so please bring on any pretenders from the east. We will see you again in the finals.

P.S.

Bynum and Gasol dominate Bosh when they play. Bosh plays the same game that KG plays right now. Too many jumpers and not enough post play.

Cant wait for the Three-peat to begin!

Amari24
06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
I think there is no way this happens for a few reasons. One putting three max guys together would totally clean up alot of the space they have, yet they only have a few players under contract this season so they still have to bring in some more heads. On top of this bron in MIA? No way because he would be in the passenger side to dwade. Wade owns all of south Florida its that simple. People down there see him as god, and no way if bron goes there he will get the same love as him, and I just cant see a guy like him being ok with that.

I think ultimatily bron and bosh end up in chi town which is a pretty nasty team with the addition of them. The only problem for them would be in two years of so when rose contract is up, hes prob gonna be worth almost as a max guy, so players will have to take a pay cut if they really want to turn that team into a dynasty.

As for the lakers who knows what their team will look like, their very good at making moves and acquiring pieces to the championship puzzle. They def have to make a move if that chi town team happens or else they could find themselves up against a very, very nasty team in the bulls.

If Lebron feels like going to Miami is his best chance to win multiple championships, then he will go there. He claims, he wouldn't have a problem being coached by Spolstra. And Wade likes Spolstra as his coach. All three of them played well together in the olympics so I don't see the issue. None of them would get MVP obviously, but they have to make some sacrifices if they really want to win championships.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, he will be under even more pressue being compared to the legacy of Michael Jordan. But could that be the reason he planned on changing to #6 in the first place? And how would Derrick Rose feel about Lebron stealing the spotlight in his home town? I don't even know if Leborn would want to play next to Noah. He's been yapping to him ever since his rookie year.

As for the Lakers, they have yet to do anything this offseason. And if Phil doesn't return then they aren't winning anything, especially if they lose Shaw to the Cavs. And they better win as many rings as they can, because once Kobe retires, they will probably be the new Knicks..

In the end, I think Lebron will end up in New Jersey with Bosh or Boozer. And Wade will stay in Miami with them signing Bosh or Boozer. I just can't see Lebron returning to Cleveland at this point. This is coming from a guy who is from Akron to :shake:

BroncoFanBoy
06-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Lebron goes to Nuggets

Wade goes to Nuggets

Bosh goes to (you guessed it! Heat!) :D

j/k haha i doubt that will happen

here are my real predictions:

Lebron to Bulls

Wade Stays with Heat

Bosh joins Wade on heat

PhillyBronco24
06-30-2010, 03:43 AM
If Lebron feels like going to Miami is his best chance to win multiple championships, then he will go there. He claims, he wouldn't have a problem being coached by Spolstra. And Wade likes Spolstra as his coach. All three of them played well together in the olympics so I don't see the issue. None of them would get MVP obviously, but they have to make some sacrifices if they really want to win championships.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, he will be under even more pressue being compared to the legacy of Michael Jordan. But could that be the reason he planned on changing to #6 in the first place? And how would Derrick Rose feel about Lebron stealing the spotlight in his home town? I don't even know if Leborn would want to play next to Noah. He's been yapping to him ever since his rookie year.

As for the Lakers, they have yet to do anything this offseason. And if Phil doesn't return then they aren't winning anything, especially if they lose Shaw to the Cavs. And they better win as many rings as they can, because once Kobe retires, they will probably be the new Knicks..

In the end, I think Lebron will end up in New Jersey with Bosh or Boozer. And Wade will stay in Miami with them signing Bosh or Boozer. I just can't see Lebron returning to Cleveland at this point. This is coming from a guy who is from Akron to :shake:

Um how could they if the off season really doesnt start until july 1st? The lakers will make their move in the offseason or before the trade deadline, they are very good at picking up what they need. As for phil I think he returns untill he gets that 12th ring, 6 with mj and 6 with kobe, than I think he is gone. If he doesnt come back a lot of the players on the lakers will be crushed. Kobe said the only reason he signed an extension not to long ago was because to his knowledge phil would be with them and said he would be extremely sad if phil was to leave.

As for bron to nj I dont think so. He needs to win now and in nj that def wont happen. Bron has probably the most weight on his shoulders to win a chip since kobe after shaq left. It might be jumping the gun to say his legacy is under the spot light as of right now and he needs to deliever, but what ever team he goes to they want results and they want them now. To me chi town is the perfect fit. Drose doesnt want to share the spotlight? But yet you say bron wouldnt mind being back seat to wade? Im pretty sure bron is a much more prideful person than drose. Rose would probably welcome the help with open arms, as good as he is, he knows there is no way he can lead that bulls team far into the playoffs.

As for the nets they have about 27m in cap space. That means bron a max guy gets 16m and you think bosh is gonna only take 10 mil or so, same for boozer. Look these guys want to win a chip but at the end of that day their still athletes and we all know they want outragoues amounts of money. Boozer is more likely to go because he is less arugably a max guy, but I think he is worth more than 10 mil.

Amari24
06-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Um how could they if the off season really doesnt start until july 1st? The lakers will make their move in the offseason or before the trade deadline, they are very good at picking up what they need. As for phil I think he returns untill he gets that 12th ring, 6 with mj and 6 with kobe, than I think he is gone. If he doesnt come back a lot of the players on the lakers will be crushed. Kobe said the only reason he signed an extension not to long ago was because to his knowledge phil would be with them and said he would be extremely sad if phil was to leave.

As for bron to nj I dont think so. He needs to win now and in nj that def wont happen. Bron has probably the most weight on his shoulders to win a chip since kobe after shaq left. It might be jumping the gun to say his legacy is under the spot light as of right now and he needs to deliever, but what ever team he goes to they want results and they want them now. To me chi town is the perfect fit. Drose doesnt want to share the spotlight? But yet you say bron wouldnt mind being back seat to wade? Im pretty sure bron is a much more prideful person than drose. Rose would probably welcome the help with open arms, as good as he is, he knows there is no way he can lead that bulls team far into the playoffs.

As for the nets they have about 27m in cap space. That means bron a max guy gets 16m and you think bosh is gonna only take 10 mil or so, same for boozer. Look these guys want to win a chip but at the end of that day their still athletes and we all know they want outragoues amounts of money. Boozer is more likely to go because he is less arugably a max guy, but I think he is worth more than 10 mil.

I ment they haven't showed any activity at all. Teams like the Knicks have already showed interest in Joe Johnson and Amare. The Lakers haven't done anything, they should be looking for potential coaches to replace Phil if he leaves, but as of right now, they're just dormant.

And the circumstances are different. In your opinion, what would be worse? Someone stealing the spotlight in your hometown, or someone stealing the spotlight just on your team? Chicago is Rose's hometown, not Lebron's, thats why I think it would sting Rose a little, with Lebron stealing the spotlight in his hometown.. Miami isn't Wade's hometown, so it wouldn't bother him that much, if not at all.

And I just can't see Bron playing with yappy Noah. They've been going at it since Noah was a rookie. And I don't think it's anything like a Pierce and Artest friendly fued. They've been at it forever. And the comments he made about Lebron and Cleveland didn't help.

And why couldn't he play in NJ? They have a succesful coach in Avery Johnson, a young All-Star point guard in Devin Harris, and a future star in Lopez. Not to mention they just drafted Favors. He would have ALOT of young talent around him, and since those guys aren't top 5 players, he could continue to stack up his MVP trophies at will. Prokhorov could make Lebron a house hold name in Russia. Didn't Lebron himself say he wanted to be the highest paid athlete? I know it's all conspiracy but it's all likely.

And again, if Bosh, Boozer, or anyone, feels taking less money will get them multiple rings, I think they will take the chance. But would Nets even need Bosh or Boozer? They drafted Favors for a reason..

I don't know where Lebron will end up, but I have my money on New Jersey. A top tier coach, and a lot of young All-Star talent. I think it would be too good to pass up, even for Lebron.

PhillyBronco24
06-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I ment they haven't showed any activity at all. Teams like the Knicks have already showed interest in Joe Johnson and Amare. The Lakers haven't done anything, they should be looking for potential coaches to replace Phil if he leaves, but as of right now, they're just dormant.

And the circumstances are different. Chicago is Rose's hometown, not Lebron's, thats why I think it would sting Rose a little, with Lebron stealing the spotlight in his hometown.. Miami isn't Wade's hometown so it wouldn't matter. And I just can't see Bron playing with yappy Noah. They've been going at it since Noah was a rookie. And I don't think its anything like a Kobe and Artest friendly fued. They've been at it forever. And the comments he made about Lebron and Cleveland didn't help.

And why couldn't he play in NJ? They have a succesful coach in Avery Johnson, a young All-Star point guard in Devin Harris, and a future star in Lopez. Not to mention they just drafted Favors. He would have ALOT of young talent around him, and since those guys aren't top 5 players, he could continue to stack up his MVP trophies at will. Prokhorov could make Lebron a house hold name in Russia. Didn't Lebron himself say he wanted to be the highest paid athlete? I know it's all conspiracy but it's all likely.

And again, if Bosh, Boozer, or anyone, feels taking less money will get them multiple rings, I think they will take the chance. But would Nets even need Bosh or Boozer? They drafted Favors for a reason..

I don't know where Lebron will end up, but I have my money on New Jersey. A top tier coach, and a lot of young All-Star talent. I think it would be too good to pass up, even for Lebron.

You probably make the best case for nj other than anyone I had herd of. The only thing like I said is that bron needs to win now. I know he has some young talent around him if he goes to nj, but the key word is young. Young players arent the best thing to have around you when your trying to make a playoff run.

I still believe that chi has the best chance even though they have a road block or two as well. One being that to sign bron and bosh they would be pushing the luxuary tax and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf isnt really one to do that. On top of that like I said when the year comes to re-new rose and noahs contract their gonna be in some trouble. I still think that rose would welcome both of those guys, I mean if your a pg you want the most targets you can get.

Oh for the people saying that the dream team will happen in mia of bosh, bron and wade, bosh came out earlier today and said he just cant see it happening. He said he doesnt know how it will work and that it is pie in the sky.

Amari24
06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
You probably make the best case for nj other than anyone I had herd of. The only thing like I said is that bron needs to win now. I know he has some young talent around him if he goes to nj, but the key word is young. Young players arent the best thing to have around you when your trying to make a playoff run.

I still believe that chi has the best chance even though they have a road block or two as well. One being that to sign bron and bosh they would be pushing the luxuary tax and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf isnt really one to do that. On top of that like I said when the year comes to re-new rose and noahs contract their gonna be in some trouble. I still think that rose would welcome both of those guys, I mean if your a pg you want the most targets you can get.

Oh for the people saying that the dream team will happen in mia of bosh, bron and wade, bosh came out earlier today and said he just cant see it happening. He said he doesnt know how it will work and that it is pie in the sky.

I myself think the thought of MIA getting Wade, Bron, and Bosh, is ludicrous. But it doesn't entirely kill the thought of Lebron going there with Wade, or Bosh going there with Wade.

It would just be interesting to see Lebron and Noah getting along. Thats like imagining Magic and Bird getting along in their first year or 2 in the NBA.

Also if he fails to win any championships there, that pretty much kills all comparisons with him and MJ. He will have more pressue than ever. Not that there's much to compare, but still. I had Chi as my #4 team, but the more I hear your thoughts, I would move Chi up a spot or two. I for one, don't think he goes to the Knicks. They should just prepare for the worst at this point. You just don't make a decade of trades and waives, just to get one player in the future, no matter how good they are.

But with all the controversey going around, it's hard not to include them in the top 5.

PhillyBronco24
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I myself think the thought of MIA getting Wade, Bron, and Bosh, is ludicrous. But it doesn't entirely kill the thought of Lebron going there with Wade, or Bosh going there with Wade.

It would just be interesting to see Lebron and Noah getting along. Thats like imagining Magic and Bird getting along in their first year or 2 in the NBA.

Also if he fails to win any championships there, that pretty much kills all comparisons with him and MJ. He will have more pressue than ever. Not that there's much to compare, but still. I had Chi as my #4 team, but the more I hear your thoughts, I would move Chi up a spot or two. I for one, don't think he goes to the Knicks. They should just prepare for the worst at this point. You just don't make a decade of trades and waives, just to get one player in the future, no matter how good they are.

But with all the controversey going around, it's hard not to include them in the top 5.

Even if he doesnt go to chi town he still has tremoundous amount of pressure on himself to win a chip. Comparision to jordan or not he needs that chip to truly go down as one of the best ever to play the game.

After hearing your views i think that nj would be the best for him after chi of course. The only thing is I think this is probably the best year for him to make his run at the title with all these free agents out there, but I just dont see him able to make it in NJ or at least not his first year there.

As for the knicks it seems as if their on plan b and c already. It must truly hurt to be a knicks fan right now. For the last two years they have been telling all their fans just wait we will get lebron and then we will be on top of the basketball world, but just doesnt seem like that will happen. The best case for them right now that it looks like to me is they get joe johnson and amare, which isnt much or at least not waiting two years for.

Amari24
06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Even if he doesnt go to chi town he still has tremoundous amount of pressure on himself to win a chip. Comparision to jordan or not he needs that chip to truly go down as one of the best ever to play the game.

After hearing your views i think that nj would be the best for him after chi of course. The only thing is I think this is probably the best year for him to make his run at the title with all these free agents out there, but I just dont see him able to make it in NJ or at least not his first year there.

As for the knicks it seems as if their on plan b and c already. It must truly hurt to be a knicks fan right now. For the last two years they have been telling all their fans just wait we will get lebron and then we will be on top of the basketball world, but just doesnt seem like that will happen. The best case for them right now that it looks like to me is they get joe johnson and amare, which isnt much or at least not waiting two years for.

All good points.

Regardless of where he goes, I think he will have a better chance of winning a ring there, than in Cleveland.

I don't see him staying in Cleveland. No matter who they bring in, he just can't get it done here. Bosh already said he doesn't want to play for Cleveland so that's a wrap. And with all the bandwagoners here in Akron/Cleveland. They'll support any team Lebron goes to, while Stephen Curry gets no love and he's from Akron also.

The Cavs could possibly be worse than the Nets if LBJ leaves. Or when he leaves..

The Knicks can also keep their fingers crossed for Carmelo if he doesn't accept the extension then he's a free agent next season. They could also make a move to get Rudy G. in Free agency.

Knicks' fans will probably be crying for Kevin Durant, once his contract is up. It will be deja-vu all over again. Waiting 5 years just to get one superstar and have it back fire on you. Gotta love Knick fans :D

PhillyBronco24
06-30-2010, 09:55 AM
All good points.

Regardless of where he goes, I think he will have a better chance of winning a ring there, than in Cleveland.

I don't see him staying in Cleveland. No matter who they bring in, he just can't get it done here. Bosh already said he doesn't want to play for Cleveland so that's a wrap. And with all the bandwagoners here in Akron/Cleveland. They'll support any team Lebron goes to, while Stephen Curry gets no love and he's from Akron also.

The Cavs could possibly be worse than the Nets if LBJ leaves. Or when he leaves..

The Knicks can also keep their fingers crossed for Carmelo if he doesn't accept the extension then he's a free agent next season. They could also make a move to get Rudy G. in Free agency.

Knicks' fans will probably be crying for Kevin Durant, once his contract is up. It will be deja-vu all over again. Waiting 5 years just to get one superstar and have it back fire on you. Gotta love Knick fans :D

Cleveland just cant seem to get the players that bron needs around him to win a chip. Its not that they didnt try, they did, but just failed at it.

There are a bunch of ways this could all work out and it is a very big and talented free agent class. The knicks have some cap room and even if they cant get bron they could pick up a few solid players which would def improved their team by a lot.

Ahahaha knicks shouldnt hold their breath for the durantula. That kid does have a bright future and to me I think he could ultimately become the best player in the league after kobe leaves of course :P

Where ever bron goes he better be 100% certain because hes probably gonna sign a contract for a few years and if he doesnt win there the window for him to get a ring will only get more and more closed.

Spice 1
06-30-2010, 10:56 AM
All good points.

I won't follow LeBron anywhere, but back to Cleveland. I see what you mean though. There are a lot of bandwagoners around. Cleveland hasn't had a very good bball team since the late eighties/early nineties. A lot of the people around here are either Lakers or Celtics fans, which I imagine holds true around the country. The people who are bandwagon Cavs fans were Bulls fans when Jordan was there. If LeBron leaves CLE, I'll continue being a Cavs fan. It's really a shame, when you think about it, because the Celtics stole (in my opinion) two NBA Finals appearances from the Cavs. If Allen and Garnett weren't shipped to Boston, LeBron might very well have won a title by now. People don't seem to understand my disdain for the Boston Celtics. This is why.

I don't really buy into the idea that Cleveland cannot put the talent around LeBron, and his window is starting to close. If you go back to Kobe's seventh year in the league, he was getting bounced out of the playoffs by the Phoenix Suns. He hadn't done anything without Shaq/with Odom and Butler, and people were saying that his window was closing. Enter Pau Gasol. Cleveland simply needs that one dependable scoring threat to compliment LeBron.

If he leaves, I don't really see Chicago happening. Rose has already established himself, and then there's the conflict with Noah and Jordan's legacy. The excuse could always be made that he had to go play for another guys team in order to win. Jersey is a train wreck. He would be wasting another three or four years there. NY is another train wreck, but this team would be his. NY could also lure other great players. Wade and LeBron sounds cool, but what does it mean if the two win? Little. What does it mean if they lose? Severe legacy damage there. Washington? Seriously? Clippers? It would be interesting, but why should LeBron have to play savior to a historically abysmal franchise that (regardless of winning) will always be second to the Lakers. If LeBron goes anywhere, I still say it's NY.

GridironChamp
06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
The problem with LeBron in Cleveland was the difference in the players being
brought in by Ferry and the coaching style of Brown.

The guys they brought in to "help" LeBron win a Championship were not the kind
of guys that Mike Brown could run his style of play with. It sucks because it
makes LeBron look worse because he couldn't win with all "that" help but when
your coach making you run a slowed down offense based on spacing and accurate
shooting plus great individual and team defense, but you have players like Jamison
and Williams who can't defend anything, Shaq and Verajao who just clog the lane
because of their lack of range, and the disappearing act the "brought in help" did
every year it's not going to work.

Where ever Lebron goes, his team will have a better chance than the Cavs did
last year (even if its back to the Cavs).

armedequation
06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
The problem with LeBron in Cleveland was the difference in the players being
brought in by Ferry and the coaching style of Brown.

The guys they brought in to "help" LeBron win a Championship were not the kind
of guys that Mike Brown could run his style of play with. It sucks because it
makes LeBron look worse because he couldn't win with all "that" help but when
your coach making you run a slowed down offense based on spacing and accurate
shooting plus great individual and team defense, but you have players like Jamison
and Williams who can't defend anything, Shaq and Verajao who just clog the lane
because of their lack of range, and the disappearing act the "brought in help" did
every year it's not going to work.

Where ever Lebron goes, his team will have a better chance than the Cavs did
last year (even if its back to the Cavs).

realistically speaking this is what you have with many teams though. How many teams have front offices that are on the same page as the coach? Thats what all teams strive for but i rarely see it happen. I didnt think shaq or jamison was going to do anything to help. The nuggets are a prime example of this. Karl is the glue for that entire organization.

your last statement i dont agree with. Chicago is a young team but i view them just like i do cleveland. I dont see any team lebron would go to where they would be a realistic shot at the title. He would still have to learn a new system and find cohesion amongst his teammates as well as staff

Southstander
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23.

armedequation
06-30-2010, 12:31 PM
LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23.

tired of it yet? I was even when the finals were still on.

Southstander
06-30-2010, 12:37 PM
tired of it yet? I was even when the finals were still on.

It will get worse in about 8 Hours and 23 Min.

armedequation
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
It will get worse in about 8 Hours and 23 Min.

i dont think anything will happen until day 3 for lebron. I'm acually more curious about the rest of them. Does someone offer dirk/pierce a contract they can't refuse? If your Dirk you have to consider if dallas actually has a shot. I guess the same goes to pierce except boston has way more questions than dallas

Southstander
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
i dont think anything will happen until day 3 for lebron. I'm acually more curious about the rest of them. Does someone offer dirk/pierce a contract they can't refuse? If your Dirk you have to consider if dallas actually has a shot. I guess the same goes to pierce except boston has way more questions than dallas

But till he makes up his mind it will be wall to wall LeBron.:sad:

Den615
06-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I won't follow LeBron anywhere, but back to Cleveland. I see what you mean though. There are a lot of bandwagoners around. Cleveland hasn't had a very good bball team since the late eighties/early nineties. A lot of the people around here are either Lakers or Celtics fans, which I imagine holds true around the country. The people who are bandwagon Cavs fans were Bulls fans when Jordan was there. If LeBron leaves CLE, I'll continue being a Cavs fan. It's really a shame, when you think about it, because the Celtics stole (in my opinion) two NBA Finals appearances from the Cavs. If Allen and Garnett weren't shipped to Boston, LeBron might very well have won a title by now. People don't seem to understand my disdain for the Boston Celtics. This is why.

LMAO! The Celtics stole Lebron's championship because they did what it took to improve their team? That's some pretty bad logic IMO. Maybe instead of blaming Boston for improving their team, you should blame Cleveland for...well being Cleveland:D

PhillyBronco24
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Who ever said the lakers werent making moves might have something else coming.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/06/30/does-bosh-control-the-market/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Bosh to the lakers in a deal that could involve bynum or odom. Maybe there was more to bosh in la to see every game rather than just watching basketball. Bosh goes to the lakers its a three peat easy, heck could be a four peat. Even with kobes busted finger.

Bron better hope this deal doesnt happen for two reasons. One bosh wont be on any team he is on and two the lakers will be a much deadlier force.

ERoyal248
06-30-2010, 10:43 PM

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/06/30/does-bosh-control-the-market/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Bosh to the lakers in a deal that could involve bynum or odom. Maybe there was more to bosh in la to see every game rather than just watching basketball. Bosh goes to the lakers its a three peat easy, heck could be a four peat. Even with kobes busted finger.

Bron better hope this deal doesnt happen for two reasons. One bosh wont be on any team he is on and two the lakers will be a much deadlier force.

Bosh will go to the Heat or Bulls, i doubt the Raptors want Bynum with his bad contract and not being able to stay healthy..

Gasol at Center wouldnt be good for LA, it's like having 2 PF's at the same time.

Amari24
07-01-2010, 07:33 AM

1. Bosh has already stated, he's not interested in doing sign and trade deals.

2. Lamar Odom is in his twilight years, and Bynum can't stay healthy. That would make it a dumb trade itself.

3. Gasol or Bosh, at Center would spell "Disaster" for LA. I think they're natural PFs, and that's what they'll play.

4. A lot of assumptions there. Wade was also in LA during that same time. I don't think he was there to discuss trade details.

PhillyBronco24
07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
1. Bosh has already stated, he's not interested in doing sign and trade deals.

2. Lamar Odom is in his twilight years, and Bynum can't stay healthy. That would make it a dumb trade itself.

3. Gasol or Bosh, at Center would spell "Disaster" for LA. I think they're natural PFs, and that's what they'll play.

4. A lot of assumptions there. Wade was also in LA during that same time. I don't think he was there to discuss trade details.

Yea I guess so. Since Im a laker fan and a bosh fan and I think when I saw the news it sorta clouded my judgement a little bit.

Well FA has started and looks like we will all just have to sit around and watch to see what will happen. So many possibilities out there.

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Yea I guess so. Since Im a laker fan and a bosh fan and I think when I saw the news it sorta clouded my judgement a little bit.

Well FA has started and looks like we will all just have to sit around and watch to see what will happen. So many possibilities out there.

I dont want Bosh in LA.

Even with an Injury, Bynum is still the 2nd best center in the league. Bynum, Gasol and Odem is exactly what sets the Lakers front court apart from the rest of the league.

Gasol and Bosh together are redundant on the Lakers. 2 versatile 4's who can play 5, who both prefer finesse and prefer to shed away from contact.

Bynum gives us that mean streak that we would be missing. He's the guy to give a hard foul in the paint, dunk it in the face of the opponent with authority and at contest anything that comes through the paint. On top of that you lose depth in Odom?

People like to talk about the size of the Lakers. This trade completely destroys that and makes the Lakers a (still long but otherwise) more ordinary team when it comes to size.

With Bynum/Odom/Gasol, if one of them goes down, you have another guy who can step in. If Bosh or Gasol go down (and Bosh isn't the picture perfect healthy player either), the Lakers would have major problems.

Despite all of the talk about shedding salary, I have a really hard time believing Buss would create this much of a shakeup after winning consecutive titles. These panic moves are something that Championship teams at their peak don't do, which is why I think its BS...

PhillyBronco24
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
The best news I have herd so far for the lakers is it seems like phil is on his way back, which is what I thought. Its looking good that were gonna have the zen master on the sideline for one more year.

Amari24
07-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I dont want Bosh in LA.

Even with an Injury, Bynum is still the 2nd best center in the league. Bynum, Gasol and Odem is exactly what sets the Lakers front court apart from the rest of the league.

Gasol and Bosh together are redundant on the Lakers. 2 versatile 4's who can play 5, who both prefer finesse and prefer to shed away from contact.

Bynum gives us that mean streak that we would be missing. He's the guy to give a hard foul in the paint, dunk it in the face of the opponent with authority and at contest anything that comes through the paint. On top of that you lose depth in Odom?

People like to talk about the size of the Lakers. This trade completely destroys that and makes the Lakers a (still long but otherwise) more ordinary team when it comes to size.

With Bynum/Odom/Gasol, if one of them goes down, you have another guy who can step in. If Bosh or Gasol go down (and Bosh isn't the picture perfect healthy player either), the Lakers would have major problems.

Despite all of the talk about shedding salary, I have a really hard time believing Buss would create this much of a shakeup after winning consecutive titles. These panic moves are something that Championship teams at their peak don't do, which is why I think its BS...

I'm not hating on LA or anything, but even when healthy, Bynum isn't the 2nd best in the league. Yao Ming is better than Bynum, unfortuntely he has the same problems as Bynum, cant stay healthy. Now this is coming from a Rockets fan myself, but when Yao is playing, he's the best Center in the NBA, if not 2nd best, behind Dwight.

Amari24
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
The best news I have herd so far for the lakers is it seems like phil is on his way back, which is what I thought. Its looking good that were gonna have the zen master on the sideline for one more year.

With Phil coming back, I can see you guys three-peating, hate to admit. I absolutely despise the Lakers :fight:, but Phil coming back changes everything.

And my Rockets are still in a little bit of a rebuilding process, without Yao anyway.

Depending on free agency, you guys could have some competetion. If Wade/Bosh/Amare/Joe/Bron/Boozer, all end up on one of each others team, then you guys could see some comp in finals or in the West, depending on where they land.

If my theory turns out true, with Lebron landing in New Jersey, then I would pick them to atleast get further in the playoffs than Bron did with the Cavs. Not to mention their owner is made up off $$$. He could care less going over the cap, meaning they could get more than just Bron and Bosh for example.

If he goes to Chi-town then I suspect he will also get further in the playoffs then he did with Cleveland.

Hopefully my Rockets can give you guys another 2nd round scare :D
This time with Yao

Spice 1
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
LMAO! The Celtics stole Lebron's championship because they did what it took to improve their team? That's some pretty bad logic IMO. Maybe instead of blaming Boston for improving their team, you should blame Cleveland for...well being Cleveland:D

Kevin McHale + Danny Ainge = Kevin Garnett. In hindsight, what did Minnesota get out of this deal? Al Jefferson? Garnett refused to be traded to Boston the first time around. Then, all of a sudden he agrees, and gives Boston a discount on his contract extension.:confused: Very logical.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow, the Bucks have been the early movers so far. As of right now, Hammond has traded for Corey Maggette, Chris Douglas Roberts, signed Drew Gooden, and re-signed John Salmons. Gooden got a 5 year deal for 32 million, and Salmons is coming back on a 5 year/39 million dollar deal. I liked the 2 trades for Maggette and CDR, but I've always hated Drew Gooden, and now I get the pleasure of watching him every game this year. :brick: I think we over paid for him as well. He wasn't going to get that kind of offer anywhere else. I'm glad we brought Salmons back, although for 8 million a year I think he is over paid as well. I'm optimistic though, I trust our organization knows what they are doing. Now let's find a way to bring back Luke Ridnour.

PhillyBronco24
07-01-2010, 11:17 AM
With Phil coming back, I can see you guys three-peating, hate to admit. I absolutely despise the Lakers :fight:, but Phil coming back changes everything.

And my Rockets are still in a little bit of a rebuilding process, without Yao anyway.

Depending on free agency, you guys could have some competetion. If Wade/Bosh/Amare/Joe/Bron/Boozer, all end up on one of each others team, then you guys could see some comp in finals or in the West, depending on where they land.

If my theory turns out true, with Lebron landing in New Jersey, then I would pick them to atleast get further in the playoffs than Bron did with the Cavs. Not to mention their owner is made up off $$$. He could care less going over the cap, meaning they could get more than just Bron and Bosh for example.

If he goes to Chi-town then I suspect he will also get further in the playoffs then he did with Cleveland.

Hopefully my Rockets can give you guys another 2nd round scare :D
This time with Yao

Things might be looking up for your rockets. I just herd over sports center that they might being doing a sign and trade for amare and will give up battier and scola, any thoughts on this?

Amari24
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Things might be looking up for your rockets. I just herd over sports center that they might being doing a sign and trade for amare and will give up battier and scola, any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't mind that at all. We pretty much have a replacement for Battier in Budinger, and Battier is older anyways, as well as Scola. I'd love to see Amare playing next to Yao, and we also drafted Patrick Patterson, so he could back up Stoudemarie off the bench. We were close to trading Scola last season anyways, he was a scent away from going to Washington.

Only thing I would hate losing Battier for is his leadership, and he's the only one who can make Kobe's shot a little bit more tougher than they are, even tho they go in anyways.. The other guy who is able to do that, is playing right next to him on the same team.

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM
the best news i have herd so far for the lakers is it seems like phil is on his way back, which is what i thought. Its looking good that were gonna have the zen master on the sideline for one more year.

three peat!!!!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/100701philjacksontoreturn.html
press release

lakers head coach phil jackson will return for the 2010-11 season

los angeles lakers head coach phil jackson has decided to return to coach the team for the 2010-11 season, it was announced today.

“count me in,” said jackson. “after a couple weeks of deliberation, it is time to get back to the challenge of putting together a team that can defend its title in the 2010-11 season. It’ll be the last stand for me, and i hope a grand one.”

jackson, who most recently guided the lakers to the 2010 nba championship, their second in a row, has won five titles as head coach of the lakers. Overall, jackson has guided his teams to eleven nba championships, the most of any coach in nba history.

A member of the naismith basketball hall of fame, jackson established a new lakers franchise record for regular season victories earlier this year, earning his 534th career victory with a win over the charlotte hornets on february 3. The fastest coach to 1,000 career victories, his total of 1,098 regular season wins ranks him fifth all-time while his .705 winning percentage is the best in league history. Additionally, jackson ranks first all-time in nba postseason history with a .697 winning percentage (225-98). His 225 playoff victories are also the highest postseason win total for any head coach in league history.

“we’re extremely pleased that phil has decided to return,” said lakers general manager mitch kupchak. “with this most recent championship, we’ve now won five titles in the ten years he’s been our head coach and have been to the finals in seven of those ten years, which is amazing. He’s not only the best coach for this team, but quite simply the best coach in the history of the nba.

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not hating on LA or anything, but even when healthy, Bynum isn't the 2nd best in the league. Yao Ming is better than Bynum, unfortuntely he has the same problems as Bynum, cant stay healthy. Now this is coming from a Rockets fan myself, but when Yao is playing, he's the best Center in the NBA, if not 2nd best, behind Dwight.

LOL. Are you kidding? Yao is better Byunum? Come on now. Whens the last time Yao gave the Rockets 35mins?

NEVER, he is a career 26 minute per game player plus he will be 31 next season when Bynum will be turning 23.

Bynum on a bum knee gave the Lakers 35 minutes in game 2 of the finals and 24mins per game during this years play off run. Bynum is an all around better player then Yao except at the free throw line where Yao shoots 84%.

Yao in the NBA was nothing more then a bridge for the league to get more international appeal from CHINA and cash in on the un-coordinated seven foot six freak of nature. The circus in America for Yao is over. The only team he will play for again is his national team in china when he feels back to his normal self.

Atwnbroncfan
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
LOL. Are you kidding? Yao is better Byunum? Come on now. Whens the last time Yao gave the Rockets 35mins?

NEVER, he is a career 26 minute per game player plus he will be 31 next season when Bynum will be turning 23.

Bynum on a bum knee gave the Lakers 35 minutes in game 2 of the finals and 24mins per game during this years play off run. Bynum is an all around better player then Yao except at the free throw line where Yao shoots 84%.

Yao in the NBA was nothing more then a bridge for the league to get more international appeal from CHINA and cash in on the un-coordinated seven foot six freak of nature. The circus in America for Yao is over. The only team he will play for again is his national team in china when he feels back to his normal self.

Sorry rst08 if the nuggets are able to get Al Jefferson and get Linas Kleiza back George Karl will finish his career on top not Phil Jackson lol.

But I'm pretty excited to hear my nuggs going after Al Jefferson.

Amari24
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Bynum on a bum knee gave the Lakers 35 minutes in game 2 of the finals and 24mins per game during this years play off run. Bynum is an all around better player then Yao except at Jump Shooting, Defense, and the free throw line where Yao shoots 84%.

And Yao with a fracture in his foot still played at a high level. :rolleyes:

I doubt a 7'6" Center, with bad feet, would play 35 minutes EVERY game. Your probably the most homeristic Lakers fan if you think Bynum is better than Yao. Most of what I read in your other posts was reasonable, up until this point.

Let Bynum make an All-Star game before you say he's the 2nd best Center in the NBA. :laugh: I could make the same arguement for Aaron Brooks, even though he's better than all of your PGs, but still..

I'm sane enough, to not try and make a case for him being the 2nd best PG in the NBA, knowing there's Chris Paul and Deron Williams..

LbloodOjunkieG
07-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow, the Bucks have been the early movers so far. As of right now, Hammond has traded for Corey Maggette, Chris Douglas Roberts, signed Drew Gooden, and re-signed John Salmons. Gooden got a 5 year deal for 32 million, and Salmons is coming back on a 5 year/39 million dollar deal. I liked the 2 trades for Maggette and CDR, but I've always hated Drew Gooden, and now I get the pleasure of watching him every game this year. :brick: I think we over paid for him as well. He wasn't going to get that kind of offer anywhere else. I'm glad we brought Salmons back, although for 8 million a year I think he is over paid as well. I'm optimistic though, I trust our organization knows what they are doing. Now let's find a way to bring back Luke Ridnour.

Ahh, turns out the 4th and 5th years on Gooden's and Salmons contract are team options. That's excellent. Keep them for 3 years, if they don't turn out, not a huge deal. If they do, then great, and the 4th and 5th year team options puts pressure on them to continue performing at there highest levels. Much better contracts than initially thought.

On a side note, Hedo Turkoglu has predicted LeBron signs with the Clippers. :goofy:

"For LeBron James and others, I don’t have any information about guys’ choices. But if I have to make a guess, I think LeBron will choose the Clippers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17486/hedo-turkoglu-and-raptors-making-amends

Broncoholic JS
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Do any other Nuggets fans think that we should sign Carlos Boozer? I would love that! I am a huge Duke and Nuggets fan and would love to see him play here!

Anyone else think he would be a great addition to the team?

The Experience
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Jefferson is just what Denver needs.

Do it Warkentein!

The Experience
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Do any other Nuggets fans think that we should sign Carlos Boozer? I would love that! I am a huge Duke and Nuggets fan and would love to see him play here!

Anyone else think he would be a great addition to the team?

I think he would be a good addition but we can't afford to sign him.

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Looks like Dallas is hot to trot on Jefferson as well. How much can the nuggets afford to pay the big man?

The Experience
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Looks like Dallas is hot to trot on Jefferson as well. How much can the nuggets afford to pay the big man?

MLE or would it be a sign and trade?

It would defiantly be a sign and trade imo.

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
It would defiantly be a sign and trade imo.

he is due 42mil in 3 years. Thats a big chunk to make room for. If its a sign and trade the nuggets would have to give up too much.

The Experience
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
he is due 42mil in 3 years. Thats a big chunk to make room for. If its a sign and trade the nuggets would have to give up too much.

If we can unload Nene and/or Martin's contract that would be a huge help.

Atwnbroncfan
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM

AL is due 12 million next year. Nene is due 11 Million next year. We don't have to do anything. After next year the Nuggets only have like 5 players under contract equaling 36 million. All we have to do is give MIN contracts worth about 12 million.

Id rather deal Nene than KMART for AL. Because Al is an upgraded version of Nene. Good offensive low post player, average defensive player. KMART and AL will compliment each other perfectly.

The Experience
07-01-2010, 05:46 PM
AL is due 12 million next year. Nene is due 11 Million next year. We don't have to do anything. After next year the Nuggets only have like 5 players under contract equaling 36 million. All we have to do is give MIN contracts worth about 12 million.

Id rather deal Nene than KMART for AL. Because Al is an upgraded version of Nene. Good offensive low post player, average defensive player. KMART and AL will compliment each other perfectly.

Good info. And I agree about Nene. Cp to ya

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Mike Miller to LAL?!?!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38049462/ns/sports-player_news/

Atwnbroncfan
07-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Mike Miller to LAL?!?!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38049462/ns/sports-player_news/

Using the full MLE on Miller and no PG under contract? What is going on in LA? :confused:

rst08tierney
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Using the full MLE on Miller and no PG under contract? What is going on in LA? :confused:

A deal must have been reached with Shannon Brown or a sign and trade with Sasha and AMMO involved.

The other conclusion is Phil took a MAJOR pay cut for this to happen. I cant believe we are going to get a career 40% shooter from the field and the 3pt line. Its a perfect fit for the Tri and makes LO that much better since your can double team him in the post anymore.

Talk about a dream bench, but now its time to figure out the pg situation and lottery pick Critton is not the answer

Scouting Report:

www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Scouting-Reports-Southwestern-Division-Part-One--2878Jonathan Givony

Miller has quietly developed into one of the most versatile and efficient offensive threats in the game. Miller is a multi-faceted offense threat, good with the shot, the drive, and the pass. He often plays more than one position during the course of a game, including a point-forward type role in some stretches. Miller is best suited to be a team’s 3rd option, where his overall floor game can benefit the team greatest. He is capable of explosive scoring games, but not consistently enough to be a first or second option.

Offense: Miller is one of the best shooters off the dribble in the NBA. His ability to shoot off the bounce extends out the 3-point range as well, thanks to his picture perfect mechanics, quick release and very high arc. Unlike most perimeter players, Miller utilizes the pull-up game to great effect, in addition to being outstanding coming off screens. He has plus size and length to go along with excellent ball-handling skills for the wing. Miller is not great at getting to the free throw line, but maximizes his possessions with excellent efficiency and strong playmaking, although he’s just a little bit turnover prone. His basketball IQ is superb and he’s extremely unselfish, allowing him to make quick decisions with the ball and find the open man with no hesitation. Nearly half of his shots come from behind the arc, but he hits them at such a high rate that it’s extremely hard to argue with. He gets to the basket at a decent rate, thanks to his solid first step, and is a very good finisher once there, more-so due to his superb skill-level and smarts than any incredible explosiveness at the rim. He is much better going right than left, though, something that smart teams like to take advantage of.

Defense: Miller is a non-descript defender at the wing. He’s often criticized for being soft, but he’s more average than anything else. Miller gives up an above average amount of points at the wing, but opponents don’t shoot extremely high percentages against him. Miller’s biggest weakness on defense is his lack of physicality. His foot speed is better than advertised, but he isn’t fast enough to simply play off his man and try and react to his initial move. Miller attempts to use his size and length to disrupt his opponent’s shots, giving space to drive and reacting to his moves. He is better guarding small forwards than 2-guards, although offensively he is mostly used as a guard.[/i]

Atwnbroncfan
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
A deal must have been reached with Shannon Brown or a sign and trade with Sasha and AMMO involved.

The other conclusion is Phil took a MAJOR pay cut for this to happen. I cant believe we are going to get a career 40% shooter from the field and the 3pt line. Its a perfect fit for the Tri and makes LO that much better since your can double team him in the post anymore.

Talk about a dream bench, but now its time to figure out the pg situation and lottery pick Critton is not the answer

If you guys some how manage to snage Raymond Felton I quit. That would be down right unfair. Very nasty lol but unfair.

johnlimburg
07-02-2010, 03:56 AM
we must get rid of kmarts and jrs contract. Haywood is a must sign.

Spice 1
07-02-2010, 09:12 AM

Scouting Report:

When I saw the Lakers got a Miller, I thought it was Andre Miller. Would have made more sense. Mike is still one of those guys you make room for. He would be great coming off the bench for LA. The best part is, when Odom drives, he doesn't have to shoot the ball (praise Jesus). He can kick it to Miller. He's also good at moving w/o the ball.

rst08tierney
07-02-2010, 09:46 AM
If you guys some how manage to snage Raymond Felton I quit. That would be down right unfair. Very nasty lol but unfair.

If I had to put money on it the lakers will land Anthony Morrow. Phil Jackson has already stated the Lakers have losts of room for improvement. Phil wants to challenge the single season win record he set with chicago.

Cant wait to see what our final roster looks like to start the season

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-256079-jackson-season.htmlPhil Jackson already has new Lakers plans

By KEVIN DING
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
kding@ocregister.comStory Highlights

Kevin Ding column: Phil Jackson is already thinking about new players and strategies for the next Lakers season.

Here's what Phil Jackson wants now.
Not just to go out on top. He wants to go out with the greatness that is appropriate to the greatest coach of all time.

Phil Jackson led the Lakers to the 2010 NBA championship, but he is committed for one more season and has already drawn up some new ideas.

He wants dominance, excellence, grace.

He wants this Lakers team to be better than those that handled an unworthy Orlando Magic team and staggered against a tough Boston Celtics team. There is plenty of room for improvement, and he wants the Lakers to move into that room, smell the incense he'll light in there and be living there on self-built pedestals every single day.

ERoyal248
07-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Miller would be a good pickup, i would be surprised if they dont bring back Fisher, he's been so key in the playoffs for the Lakers the past 2-3 years.

PhillyBronco24
07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Miller would be a good pickup, i would be surprised if they dont bring back Fisher, he's been so key in the playoffs for the Lakers the past 2-3 years.

I see fisher staying he might end up only being offered a one year deal since phil is going to be there only for a year( as of right now, but you never know), I think this will happen because the front office knows that fisher will be one of the pieces to help them three peat.

If the lakers win again next year that will be phils fourth three peat which is pretty crazy. I thought phill would come back one more year he wants the same number of rings with kobe that he had with mj.

As for nuggets fans unloading kmarts contract is not going to be easy at all. First of all he is getting a good amount of money, more than he is worth. On top of that wasnt he just injured again, meaning that his stock has taken yet another hit.

Spice 1
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Interesting read concerning LeBron and NY:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/01/2010-07-01_lebron_doesnt_need_knicks_new_york.html

DISCLAIMER - I do not accept responsibility for the hurt feelings of fans that are tired of hearing about LeBron James.

rst08tierney
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Interesting read concerning LeBron and NY:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/01/2010-07-01_lebron_doesnt_need_knicks_new_york.html

DISCLAIMER - I do not accept responsibility for the hurt feelings of fans that are tired of hearing about LeBron James.

Whos LeBron James anyways?

johnlimburg
07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
am i the only one who thinks we need a better shooting guard

PhillyBronco24
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
am i the only one who thinks we need a better shooting guard

What team are you talking about?

Bronco_Armada
07-04-2010, 04:45 AM
My Knicks are going to suck and blow again. :peace:

Bring on the pain and shame

BroncoFanBoy
07-04-2010, 10:57 AM
My Knicks are going to suck and blow again. :peace:

Bring on the pain and shame

even if they sign stodemiere or lebron?

johnlimburg
07-04-2010, 05:19 PM
What team are you talking about?

the nuggets

Spyder
07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
So apparently Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker are pretty psyched about possibly joining Amare next summer.

ERoyal248
07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Free agent Joe Johnson is staying with the Atlanta Hawks, his agent said in a blog published on the Huffington Post website on Sunday.

Arn Tellem, Johnson's agent, said that Johnson was impressed with the team's commitment to him and agreed to accept the club's six-year contract offer. He confirmed the post to The Associated Press.

Atlanta offered Johnson, a four-time All-Star, approximately $119 million over six years -- nearly $27 million more than any other team could offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5354426

So, 6 years 119 million for Joe Johnson, that now goes to the worst contract in the NBA..

ERoyal248
07-04-2010, 09:33 PM
the nuggets

No, Afflalo is a pretty solid SG..

The Nuggets need a better frontcourt.

PhillyBronco24
07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Free agent Joe Johnson is staying with the Atlanta Hawks, his agent said in a blog published on the Huffington Post website on Sunday.

Arn Tellem, Johnson's agent, said that Johnson was impressed with the team's commitment to him and agreed to accept the club's six-year contract offer. He confirmed the post to The Associated Press.

Atlanta offered Johnson, a four-time All-Star, approximately $119 million over six years -- nearly $27 million more than any other team could offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5354426

So, 6 years 119 million for Joe Johnson, that now goes to the worst contract in the NBA..

Yea the hawks are crazy to pay him that kind of money. Ehh they will regret it in a few years like most teams that offer guys max contracts that arent worth it.

Den615
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
The Nets are still interested in restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas, who could get a frontloaded offer sheet that would be hard for the Bobcats to match.
Thomas averaged 10.1 points and 6.1 rebounds in 25 games for Charlotte last season, but has said that he wants to keep playing for coach Larry Brown. Other teams vying for Thomas' attention are the Wolves, Nuggets, and Knicks.
Source: Yahoo! Sports

He would be a good addition, any news on Jefferson...haven't seen his name mentioned with the Nuggets for a few days.

Spice 1
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
He would be a good addition, any news on Jefferson...haven't seen his name mentioned with the Nuggets for a few days.

He didn't get anywhere near the pt he should have gotten against the Magic in the playoffs. I still feel that Thomas can develop into a very good PF, as long as he develops his mid range jumper. He's at his best offensively and defensively in the open court. If the Nuggets continue to get out in transition, Thomas would be a nice threat.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Magic sign Chris Duhon for 4 years, had to overpay, but there wasnt many UFA PG's on the market. Still young at 27 years old, upgrade over JWill who started to wear down as the season went on.

We have the same team and we made it to the ECF, and were not done. We will make 1 more move either trading VC for a legit #2 scorer or getting a true PF, either way its a good start..

PhillyBronco24
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Magic sign Chris Duhon for 4 years, had to overpay, but there wasnt many UFA PG's on the market. Still young at 27 years old, upgrade over JWill who started to wear down as the season went on.

We have the same team and we made it to the ECF, and were not done. We will make 1 more move either trading VC for a legit #2 scorer or getting a true PF, either way its a good start..

I'm actually some what high on Duhon I think this guy can play. As the back up of nelson I think he will be a great pick up for them.

I really think they need to trade VC and pick up a better 2, or give JJ a shot (I know he isnt great but I'm a duke guy) VC simply didnt do it down the stretch for them and another year older isnt going to change that. Some games he can go off for 34 and then next game he will drop a quiet 12, he just isnt consistent, and that is what you need if you expect to make a run at the finals again.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm actually some what high on Duhon I think this guy can play. As the back up of nelson I think he will be a great pick up for them.

I really think they need to trade VC and pick up a better 2, or give JJ a shot (I know he isnt great but I'm a duke guy) VC simply didnt do it down the stretch for them and another year older isnt going to change that. Some games he can go off for 34 and then next game he will drop a quiet 12, he just isnt consistent, and that is what you need if you expect to make a run at the finals again.

I like Duhon as well, he's a solid pickup, can backup Jameer, or spot start for Jameer if he's out for 10-15 games. Still fairly young, only 27 years old.

I think we should too, we need a legit PF more then a SG/athletic wing.. I'd like to trade for Boozer and move Lewis back to SF, i think we'll try to get a legit #2 scorer, or trade for a PF.

PhillyBronco24
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I like Duhon as well, he's a solid pickup, can backup Jameer, or spot start for Jameer if he's out for 10-15 games. Still fairly young, only 27 years old.

I think we should too, we need a legit PF more then a SG/athletic wing.. I'd like to trade for Boozer and move Lewis back to SF, i think we'll try to get a legit #2 scorer, or trade for a PF.

Yea PF is also a big deal for the magic. Lewis can shoot no doubt, but hes not one that can get low in the post and hang, and this has serverly been helped because he has dwight next to him. Moving him to sf might seem good but when it comes to big games hes gonna have to play pf because he will not be able to stay in front of the leagues dominant sf's.

I think a number 2 is much more needed than a pf. Like I said lewis weakest part is his game in the post, but with the help from dwights pressence it isnt that big of a deal. Dwight is always around the post area and lends great help down there. A number 2 is a big part of any championship team. They showed against the celtics that they cant win a series with dwight just being the main person getting points. The celtics showed that you can win just guarding dwight one on one and than his kick out options are non - exsistent. A pf that can take it to the hoop wont be much help because help would come from the center, I mean has anyone even seen dwight shoot a jumper?

With a good solid two they can not rely on dwight so much and put more faith in their back court. Because in games when both nelson and vc decided to show up they were a nasty team to be reconked with. The problem is vc isnt a dominant 2 anymore and doesnt show up night after night. While I think lewis fits in pretty well as a pf as long as he has dwight by his side. A more solid 2 will def boost the magic. VC is nearing what tmac is now, but he is a little more because he hasnt had all the injuries. I think if you can get vc to come off the bench and have a good solid starting number two the magic will be a strong contender for the chip.

rst08tierney
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM

I cant believe how much you guys over paid Duhon. It makes Blake look like a bargain.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I cant believe how much you guys over paid Duhon. It makes Blake look like a bargain.

No it doesnt, we needed a backup PG and they wasnt a lot UFA PG's out there, Duhon is a good solid pickup..

4 years 15 mil is a solid deal.

No where close to Amir Johnson and Gooden getting big deals, that is overpaying.

rst08tierney
07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
No it doesnt, we needed a backup PG and they wasnt a lot UFA PG's out there, Duhon is a good solid pickup..

4 years 15 mil is a solid deal.

No where close to Amir Johnson and Gooden getting big deals, that is overpaying.

Sorry to bust your bubble but Duhon was decent a few years ago, not anymore. Considering how early this was, I wonder why they settled with Duhon. It reminds me of drafting too "safe" of a pick. I would've set the bar higher and waited a little bit before signing Duhon.

FYI, At the beginning of this season the Knicks were desperate to replace him. He shot about 28% for the first month and a half and his passing did not make up for the horrible numbers.

Nothing "solid" about over paying a career clanker like we did with Sasha. I hope he can D up for your guys.

Also, what did you think about Barnes saying he wants to play for the Lakers?

Spice 1
07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Yea PF is also a big deal for the magic. Lewis can shoot no doubt, but hes not one that can get low in the post and hang, and this has serverly been helped because he has dwight next to him. Moving him to sf might seem good but when it comes to big games hes gonna have to play pf because he will not be able to stay in front of the leagues dominant sf's.

I think a number 2 is much more needed than a pf. Like I said lewis weakest part is his game in the post, but with the help from dwights pressence it isnt that big of a deal. Dwight is always around the post area and lends great help down there. A number 2 is a big part of any championship team. They showed against the celtics that they cant win a series with dwight just being the main person getting points. The celtics showed that you can win just guarding dwight one on one and than his kick out options are non - exsistent. A pf that can take it to the hoop wont be much help because help would come from the center, I mean has anyone even seen dwight shoot a jumper?

With a good solid two they can not rely on dwight so much and put more faith in their back court. Because in games when both nelson and vc decided to show up they were a nasty team to be reconked with. The problem is vc isnt a dominant 2 anymore and doesnt show up night after night. While I think lewis fits in pretty well as a pf as long as he has dwight by his side. A more solid 2 will def boost the magic. VC is nearing what tmac is now, but he is a little more because he hasnt had all the injuries. I think if you can get vc to come off the bench and have a good solid starting number two the magic will be a strong contender for the chip.

I have to agree with this post man. Don't fix what's not broke, just make it better. I really think that the best thing for Orlando this offseason is Howard's progression. Maybe Patrick needs to work on some new stuff w/Howard. He doesn't use the hook enough (especially the running hook). Ewing scored darn there ten a night on that shot. I'd like to see Howard work on passing out of the double. Get some guys moving w/o the ball. That one falls on Van Gundy. Nelson is coming along nicely too. Bring on the pick and roll/pop. When you have to have points, the offense has to go through Howard. If they want to bring two for ball denial, that's where Carter or Nelson are supposed to make them pay.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble but Duhon was decent a few years ago, not anymore. Considering how early this was, I wonder why they settled with Duhon. It reminds me of drafting too "safe" of a pick. I would've set the bar higher and waited a little bit before signing Duhon.

FYI, At the beginning of this season the Knicks were desperate to replace him. He shot about 28% for the first month and a half and his passing did not make up for the horrible numbers.

Nothing "solid" about over paying a career clanker like we did with Sasha. I hope he can D up for your guys.

Also, what did you think about Barnes saying he wants to play for the Lakers?

He'll fit well, i'm not too worried about it, he'll actually have some talent around him instead of playing with the Knicks.

To Barnes, ehh, if he wants to play with the Lakers, good for him. He'll come off the bench, he said he wanted more $$, good defender, not great offensively, basically like Artest.

Peerless
07-06-2010, 09:00 PM
James will stay a Cav.

His friggin' press conference is held at St. Vincent-St. Mary or the University of Akron, OH.

GridironChamp
07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
James will stay a Cav.

His friggin' press conference is held at St. Vincent-St. Mary or the University of Akron, OH.

No way.

Chris Bosh has already said he won't play in Cleveland so there would be no reason
for James to go back there... Unless Boozer, Wade, or someone else agree to a
sign n trade.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
No way.

Chris Bosh has already said he won't play in Cleveland so there would be no reason
for James to go back there... Unless Boozer, Wade, or someone else agree to a
sign n trade.

who's going to be your favorite team if lebron leaves for a real team and real city?

GridironChamp
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
who's going to be your favorite team if lebron leaves for a real team and real city?

Whatever team LeBron goes to. I have no connection to Cleveland other than I
am a fan of LeBron James.

Granted, i've liked Jamison since his UNC days and Mo Williams I'm a fan of, but
I would barely pay attention to them if James doesn't go back there.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
James will stay a Cav.

If he stays with the Cavs, i'll have more respect for him then i do now.

To stay with Cleveland and try to finish what he started, win a title for his hometown, be the hero of the city.

Also, i dont see why everyone is making such a big deal out of this, it's the biggest decision of his life, and he's LeBron James.

BroncoFanBoy
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Lebron will announce his decision on ESPN on thursday. Anyone wanna do a CP bet on where he goes? my bet is the chiacgo bulls.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Lebron will announce his decision on ESPN on thursday. Anyone wanna do a CP bet on where he goes? my bet is the chiacgo bulls.

anywhere but chicago.

i dont mind james staying in cleveland or going to new york or new jersey but if he goes to chicago, that would suck.

thats the last place i want james to go. it would not suprise me 1 bit if he goes there though.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Whatever team LeBron goes to. I have no connection to Cleveland other than I
am a fan of LeBron James.

Granted, i've liked Jamison since his UNC days and Mo Williams I'm a fan of, but
I would barely pay attention to them if James doesn't go back there.

lol jamison. man i liked him when he first came to DC, but i hated him all of last year.
im glad he's with the cavs now.

is there a team you prefer james to go to or do you want him to stay with the cavs.

BroncoFanBoy
07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
anywhere but chicago.

i dont mind james staying in cleveland or going to new york or new jersey but if he goes to chicago, that would suck.

thats the last place i want james to go. it would not suprise me 1 bit if he goes there though.

i think that lebron would be dumb to go to chicago tho because he's so great, he can make his own legacy instead of living in the shadow of michael jordan.

ERoyal248
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM

I'll do a CP bet..

I say he stays with the Cavs.

Atwnbroncfan
07-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Lebron and Wade are staying put.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-07-2010, 12:28 AM

If this is true, than he most definitely will be re-signing with the Cavs. No way he holds a national press conference in those places only to say he is leaving. LeBron is the biggest attention whore the NBA has. All of this drama, and a national press conference on live tv, only to say he is re-signing with Cleveland? Come on now.

what did you think about Barnes saying he wants to play for the Lakers?

Wow, somebody wants to play with the Lakers? What a surprise!! :rolleyes: Come one man, EVERYBODY wants to play with the Lakers, they are winners. I know you were asking because he is a Magic fan, but I thought I'd chime in.

Bronco51
07-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Wade and Bosh to Miami. LeBron can't stay in Cleveland unless they do a deal for Boozer. I can see him going to the Knicks to partner up with Stoudemire. Love how he is getting Obama status with a nationally televised event to announce his decision.

rst08tierney
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Wow, somebody wants to play with the Lakers? What a surprise!! :rolleyes: Come one man, EVERYBODY wants to play with the Lakers, they are winners. I know you were asking because he is a Magic fan, but I thought I'd chime in.

Actually I was surprised Barnes was talking Lakers after the beef he and Kobe had during the last regular season game against each other back in March. So yeh, Barnes would have been the last player I would have expected to make a case to join the champs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aODnXqy7YwU

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Wade and Bosh to Miami. LeBron can't stay in Cleveland unless they do a deal for Boozer. I can see him going to the Knicks to partner up with Stoudemire. Love how he is getting Obama status with a nationally televised event to announce his decision.

Bosh helps, but it's still Orlando and Boston the top two in the East as of now.

Heat have 7 players on the roster. If they get LeBron, i would be worried.

Wade, Bosh, Beasley, Chalmers, Varnardo, Butler, Pittman.

PhillyBronco24
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM
With wade and bosh both coming out of and annoucing their going to the heat, bron missed his chance to play with bosh. Heat can be a pretty nasty team if they pick up the role players they need around bosh and wade. I mean they have a boat load of money sitting there, and now with both of them coming out and saying their going there im sure a lot of guys will like to tag along there.

It seems like orlando isnt the only contender out of Florida no more with this.

Spice 1
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Where's Gilbert Arenas going to be shipped to, when the Wizards realize he can't play anymore?

The Experience
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Nuggets should snag Beasley now.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Where's Gilbert Arenas going to be shipped to, when the Wizards realize he can't play anymore?

I doubt he gets shipped. His contract is way to big. Who would take him? Maybe a desperate team with cap room that fails in free agency.

And Gilbert can still play. He averaged 23 ppg and 7 apg last season. Players that can't play don't average those numbers.

Spice 1
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I doubt he gets shipped. His contract is way to big. Who would take him? Maybe a desperate team with cap room that fails in free agency.

And Gilbert can still play. He averaged 23 ppg and 7 apg last season. Players that can't play don't average those numbers.

I know he can still play man, I'm just giving you a hard time cause you were dogging CLE. His contract is massive. It's all good though. JW is going to be nice once they rebuild.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
With wade and bosh both coming out of and annoucing their going to the heat, bron missed his chance to play with bosh. Heat can be a pretty nasty team if they pick up the role players they need around bosh and wade. I mean they have a boat load of money sitting there, and now with both of them coming out and saying their going there im sure a lot of guys will like to tag along there.

It seems like orlando isnt the only contender out of Florida no more with this.

Bosh and Wade will be a good 1-2, but they need some more pieces like you said.

They should try to trade for Haywood, need someone to put on Dwight.

rst08tierney
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Bosh and Wade will be a good 1-2, but they need some more pieces like you said.

They should try to trade for Haywood, need someone to put on Dwight.

Howard owns Bosh. No way Miami gets through Orlando with out a true center. Haywood would extend a series between the two teams by a game.

Now 25mpg Shaq back in Miami could make things interesting IF he would show up to camp in shape. I was very impressed with the Playoff minutes he had this year for Cleavland. If it was not for his solid 4th qtr play in game one in the Boston series, the Cavs could have gone back to Boston down 0-2

(I think ATL is the front runner for Shaq right now?)

Atwnbroncfan
07-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Miami isn't doing anything the roster they have. Since they got Bosh and Wade, Chicago is about to highly over pay someone.

But Miami needs to do a lot of work on their bench.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Howard owns Bosh. No way Miami gets through Orlando with out a true center. Haywood would extend a series between the two teams by a game.

Now 25mpg Shaq back in Miami could make things interesting IF he would show up to camp in shape. I was very impressed with the Playoff minutes he had this year for Cleavland. If it was not for his solid 4th qtr play in game one in the Boston series, the Cavs could have gone back to Boston down 0-2

I just saw the Mavs dont want to trade Haywood. Dwight would destroy Bosh in the paint, they need a true C, not many FA's out there.

I dont think this happens, but it was rumored Shaq could go to Boston to fill in for Perkins while he he rehabs his knee.. Shaq with the Celtics, hmm. No idea where Shaq will play, maybe Atlanta, but they wont win the title.

Miami still has a lot of work to do, not much of a bench unless they hope the rookies they got will come help right away. They should use the rest of the money to fill out the rest of the team, SF, C, and bench, maybe get a PG like Felton.

PhillyBronco24
07-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Bosh wouldnt have to cover howard they can pick up a center such as haywood. Like I have already said you dont need an all star center of your own to beat the magic, the celtics showed this. The defense from perkins, sheed, and even big baby proved to work. They werent able to shut howard down, but as long as you play howard one on one you will be fine. Shaq would be good here but with all this money they have they should be more than able than to get a short term answer such as shaq.

The thing is there isnt no way that dwight will beat you up in the post enough that you will lose the series. The game isnt like it was back in the 70's, 80 's and even 90's when a center alone can win a game. Orlando has other player of course that can play but you put bosh on lewis, wade can guard anyone from the the 1, 2, or even 3 spot.

The celtics showed the formula to beat up on orlando. Sure it might not be a as clear cut next season because they have noticed their own short comings and will try to fix it, but its still the same base. Howard can drop 30 on you but as long as you keep the rest of the team from catching hot from the field you basically have the magic down already.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Bosh wouldnt have to cover howard they can pick up a center such as haywood. Like I have already said you dont need an all star center of your own to beat the magic, the celtics showed this. The defense from perkins, sheed, and even big baby proved to work. They werent able to shut howard down, but as long as you play howard one on one you will be fine. Shaq would be good here but with all this money they have they should be more than able than to get a short term answer such as shaq.

The thing is there isnt no way that dwight will beat you up in the post enough that you will lose the series. The game isnt like it was back in the 70's, 80 's and even 90's when a center alone can win a game. Orlando has other player of course that can play but you put bosh on lewis, wade can guard anyone from the the 1, 2, or even 3 spot.

The celtics showed the formula to beat up on orlando. Sure it might not be a as clear cut next season because they have noticed their own short comings and will try to fix it, but its still the same base. Howard can drop 30 on you but as long as you keep the rest of the team from catching hot from the field you basically have the magic down already.

That is partially true, but Lewis was playing with flu symptimisms, that's one reason he played bad, he was playing well the 1st 2 rounds. Miami isnt beating Orlando unless they get a C, short or longterm.

Just have to defend Dwight 1 on 1, that's why i hope we get a PF like Boozer so teams cant double Dwight all the time. He's about the only low-post player we have that teams respect. Or a #2 scoring option on the wing.

PhillyBronco24
07-07-2010, 02:00 PM
That is partially true, but Lewis was playing with flu symptimisms, that's one reason he played bad, he was playing well the 1st 2 rounds. Miami isnt beating Orlando unless they get a C, short or longterm.

Just have to defend Dwight 1 on 1, that's why i hope we get a PF like Boozer so teams cant double Dwight all the time. He's about the only low-post player we have that teams respect. Or a #2 scoring option on the wing.

You just said it have to 1v1 howard. That is how you beat the magic. Celtics did this and beat down on the magic. Bosh will def be able to cover lewis that is pretty plain and simple there, but will lewis be able to hang with the finasce that bosh brings in the post?

As for boozer he just agreed to terms with the bulls.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
You just said it have to 1v1 howard. That is how you beat the magic. Celtics did this and beat down on the magic. Bosh will def be able to cover lewis that is pretty plain and simple there, but will lewis be able to hang with the finasce that bosh brings in the post?

Yeah, i think we need a scoring SG/SF perimeter player, like Granger or Iggy.

Lewis was playing well until he got sick, i wanted Boozer, oh well, looks like the East will be tough, and the Lakers get an easy ride to the Finals again.

Good pickup for the Bulls, i'd say they are a Top 6 team, depends if they get Ray Allen ornot.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Turns out LeBron will be making his announcement in the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich, Conn., and he will make the announcement within the first 10 minutes of the program. Here is my final prediction. The announcement isn't going to be in Ohio, like previously thought. And the announcement will be made within the first 10 minutes of an hour long program. If he re-signs with Cleveland, what will be shown the final 50 minutes? So I believe LeBron will sign with the New York Knicks, and the final 50 minutes of the program will be showcasing the Knicks with LeBron.

rst08tierney
07-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Amare and Boozer out of the West. Talk about a light west next year.

1.)Lakers
2.)Thunder
3.)Dallas
4.)Portland
5.)Spurs
6.)Denver?
7.)Houston?
8.)Up for grabs?

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-07-2010, 04:42 PM

1.)Lakers
2.)Thunder
3.)Dallas
4.)Portland
5.)Spurs
6.)Denver?
7.)Houston?
8.)Up for grabs?

your forgetting New Orleans. They lost chris paul last yeat but he is back 100% now.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
The best part of this free agency is after the 2010-2011 season, people are gonna look back and be like the signing of Ron Artest in summer of 2009 was a bigger deal then summer 2010, because Artest won game 7 for the lakers. All these players from this class wont win a title. Lakers are still gonna be the best next year, and Im not a lakers fan(suns).

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
The best part of this free agency is after the 2010-2011 season, people are gonna look back and be like the signing of Ron Artest in summer of 2009 was a bigger deal then summer 2010, because Artest won game 7 for the lakers. All these players from this class wont win a title. Lakers are still gonna be the best next year, and Im not a lakers fan(suns).

clarification since I cant edit: wont win a title in 2010-2011 season.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-07-2010, 04:48 PM

clarification since I cant edit: wont win a title in 2010-2011 season.

second clarification: Ron Artest will have a much bigger first season impact then any of the guys from this free agency. You cant argue against the MVP of Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Kno-Sean
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM

1.)Lakers
2.)Thunder
3.)Dallas
4.)Portland
5.)Spurs
6.)Denver?
7.)Houston?
8.)Up for grabs?

Because everyone knows if they want a chance at making it to the finals they have to do it in the East... Away from Kobe and the Lakers :D

Bronco_Armada
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
40% knicks

25% Heat

10% Nets

10% Cavs

15% Bulls

I made those up.

Best future for James is the Heat. In terms of rings. Only problem I see holding back the heat would be a bench and a dominate big man. But they would probably be the best trio in NBA history.

As a Knicks fan, his career would rot in New York. Make a ton of money, but will never win a championship.

Lots of worthless cavs jerseys pretty soon. Or.... ?

:peace:

PhillyBronco24
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
40% knicks

25% Heat

10% Nets

10% Cavs

15% Bulls

I made those up.

Best future for James is the Heat. In terms of rings. Only problem I see holding back the heat would be a bench and a dominate big man. But they would probably be the best trio in NBA history.

As a Knicks fan, his career would rot in New York. Make a ton of money, but will never win a championship.

The only problem you see about james going to the heat is that they need a bench? Try ego problems. If bron is going to have a one hour special for himself to annouce where he is going I'm pretty sure he isnt gonna take back seat to wade in mia. I mean they call it wade county for a reason.

As for making money as a knick there is a lot of potenial there. I read some where that he could possibly earn one billion dollars in the new york market. The thing is he would have to win some rings, not one, but a couple. Seeing at what the knicks have now and the competition picking up in the east winning a ring there is gonna be as hard as it was in cleveland.

It seems to me that most people have him staying with the cavs after the bosh and wade thing. The thing that baffles me is, isnt the whole point of this FA for bron to go to a team to win a ring? I dont understand how people can think that bron is going to win in CLE is just wont happen. They have proved over the years they cant bring in the pieces to help their team win. I mean if bosh is willing to take less money to play with d wade and a roster that isnt even there than doing a sign and trade to go to CLE with a team that has a little more laid out than MIA doesnt that raise any red flags to anyone?

If bron stays with CLE I think this guy will never see the ring.

To me I still think chi town is the best for him. Drose , boozer, and noah are great players to have, but unlike wade their not a list super stars, meaning that bron can go in there and take charge of that team. People saying that bron has problems with noah, if you think he has to much pride to over come a problem like that, you think he will be able to over come the thousands of fans in south florida that see wade as their savior?

rst08tierney
07-07-2010, 09:40 PM
40% knicks

25% Heat

10% Nets

10% Cavs

15% Bulls

I made those up.

Lebron in Miami?

Does that make DWade the prince or the jester since Lebron is the King?

I think Wades ego is too big for "his team" to be taken away from him. New York is the $Big$Ticket$ if its about money.

PhillyBronco24
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Lebron in Miami?

I think Wades ego is too big for "his team" to be taken away from him. New York is the $Big$Ticket$ if its about money.

Team taken away from wade? It would be the other way around wade is king down there, no matter who comes to town.

thatkidhunt
07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, i think we need a scoring SG/SF perimeter player, like Granger or Iggy.

Lewis was playing well until he got sick, i wanted Boozer, oh well, looks like the East will be tough, and the Lakers get an easy ride to the Finals again.

Good pickup for the Bulls, i'd say they are a Top 6 team, depends if they get Ray Allen ornot.

Nope, Allen just signed a 2 yr 20 Mil contract with the Celtics.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
WOW

Looks like Bron, Wade, and Bosh on the same team, according to a lot of sources, just on ESPN.

IF that happens, players will take less to play with that team and win a title.

We'll see tommorow, but Wade and Bron on the same team along with Bosh, yikes.

thatkidhunt
07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
WOW

Looks like Bron, Wade, and Bosh on the same team, according to a lot of sources, just on ESPN.

Yea, that would be pretty crazy.

BroncoFanBoy
07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
WOW

Boy am i glad the nuggets aren't an eastern conference team. looks like your magic will have some troubles with the heat next season. now we got a team that can beat the lakers

Atwnbroncfan
07-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Boy am i glad the nuggets aren't an eastern conference team. looks like your magic will have some troubles with the heat next season. now we got a team that can beat the lakers

Don't hype them up too quick yet. They have no bench thus far, and I'm not sold Lebron and Wade can coexist. They both need the ball in their hands at all time. Time will tell. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Miami still would need to add some pieces.

ERoyal248
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Don't hype them up too quick yet. They have no bench thus far, and I'm not sold Lebron and Wade can coexist. They both need the ball in their hands at all time. Time will tell. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Miami still would need to add some pieces.

Same here, it would be a good team on paper, but they have no one to guard Dwight or the length of the Lakers other then Bosh, and your right, the bench isnt that good unless they will rely on the rookies. We'll see if/when it happens and who else they could get.

But, players would come to Miami and take a paycut to play with Bron, Wade, and Bosh.

James and a bunch of mediocre players won 60+ games. Look at what Wade was able to do with his sorry cast as well. Do you think they're going to do worse now that they're playing together along with Bosh.

If they get a defensive type C like Haywood, that team will be scary good.

Atwnbroncfan
07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Same here, it would be a good team on paper, but they have no one to guard Dwight or the length of the Lakers other then Bosh, and your right, the bench isnt that good unless they will rely on the rookies. We'll see if/when it happens and who else they could get.

But, players would come to Miami and take a paycut to play with Bron, Wade, and Bosh.

Yea a pay cut, but even if the 3 took 15 mill a year, with the contracts on the roster that puts them roughly at 50 million. So 25 million left for 8 players, plus the MLE? Thats cutting it too close. Not everyone is going to take a pay cut. Money talks for a lot. They could add maybe 3 more legit pieces, with no Center on the roster. We will see but other teams shouldn't be afraid of the big 3.

As for defense and length, well obviously Bosh won't stop Dwight, Bosh isn't that great on defense.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
if Lebron went to Miami:

Kobe > Lebron
Gasol > Bosh
Artest, Fisher, and a Bench > Wade

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-08-2010, 03:23 AM
if Lebron went to Miami:

Kobe > Lebron
Gasol > Bosh

im sorry but artest fisher and bench is not better then wade. wade is a top 5 player in the nba. probably top 3 behind lebron and kobe.

i agree gasol is better then bosh.

kobe over lebron is very debateable. lebron is a lot more beastly and athletic then kobe. i think id take lebron over kobe.

if miami gets lebron, they would destroy the eastern conference. sucks because my wizards are in the same division.

if miami can also somehow get a good 3 point shooter and a defensive center, then they will be even better. they would easily win 60-65 games.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 03:56 AM
Lebron in Miami?

Wade on record has clearly stated he would welcome LeBron James.

As for who team it is, it would really be up to fans to make that claim.

James is not 35 looking for a ring. He is in his prime.

Wade is young and in his prime.

Wade has welcomed James, which means there is no conflict in his mind that his team will be "taken" away.

James has also gone on record he is looking for a team to win, has not mentioned about being the star or a max contract.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 04:04 AM
The only problem you see about james going to the heat is that they need a bench? Try ego problems. If bron is going to have a one hour special for himself to annouce where he is going I'm pretty sure he isnt gonna take back seat to wade in mia. I mean they call it wade county for a reason.

Does James like the spot light and have a big ego? Yeah, but show me someone who does not?

The hour long special he is having is more of a testimonial he has to the youth and community of basket ball than it is about his ego.

Millions will be made from sponsors, all donated to the boys and girls club or what ever the organization is. Something that has taken a back seat to the "Media Mongering" of a his ego.

This special is not going to increase his ego or give him a bigger name, only thing that can do that is a ring.

It will tarnish his image, more so if he does leave CLE. Kind of a smack to the fans in Ohio.

I think it is typical for people to read into this meeting as a ego boost rather than James using his image to make millions for charity.

Media Scrooge.

:coffee:

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Does James like the spot light and have a big ego? Yeah, but show me someone who does not?

The hour long special he is having is more of a testimonial he has to the youth and community of basket ball than it is about his ego.

Millions will be made from sponsors, all donated to the boys and girls club or what ever the organization is. Something that has taken a back seat to the "Media Mongering" of a his ego.

This special is not going to increase his ego or give him a bigger name, only thing that can do that is a ring.

It will tarnish his image, more so if he does leave CLE. Kind of a smack to the fans in Ohio.

I think it is typical for people to read into this meeting as a ego boost rather than James using his image to make millions for charity.

Media Scrooge.

:coffee:

To be truthfully honest the guy has a boat load of money if he wants to give some money to charity I'm sure he has more than enough to donate it.

He's milking this for everything, I mean I can totally understand this, he didnt go to college and never had the chance to get wooed by any college teams before so this is new and exciting to him. A lot of top college recruits do go on tv and announce where they are going, this is just on a much bigger scale. Never the less I still think this is some what for his ego, you know all eyes on me type of thing. He could had easily went the classy route like kevin durant and just said where he wanted to go and get to terms on a deal. Durant handled his contract extension much smoother didnt make a big deal of it and just signed it and all you herd was that he signed an extension.

Now I can see holding the confrence if when he was talking bosh and wade would come out and they would all say were going to be playing together and take questions (than again this can still happen, but I dont see it with their announcement already.) This would make it more understandable to have it since the news would be about the three biggest free agents, but after wade and bosh made their choice with a simple few minute interview it probably wont.

All I know is if james does go to MIA, which I still cant see they will be one scary team. Its basically the big three in their prime, and arugably better primes. The difference between the big three in 08 they had a roster in play and good role players that helped, while MIA has neither of those things. Star power can be trumped by strong solid team play any day. I mean think about it in 2004 in the olympics when the US had all the stars from the league together they only capture a bronze against much less talented teams. I still cant believe that dwade and bron can work co exsisit.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 04:28 AM
To be truthfully honest the guy has a boat load of money if he wants to give some money to charity I'm sure he has more than enough to donate it.

And he has the opportunity to give even more with this show.

The argument that he can just give away money is not to sound. It is just another delusion of the James haters.

"Truthfully and honest" (what ever that is), James has given a ton of his own money away. Donated a lot of time. He has an opportunity to donate millions of money without taping into his own account.

Terrible?

Apparently it is.

rst08tierney
07-08-2010, 07:55 AM
He's milking this for everything

This is just getting out of hand now and very obvious whats going on. People are making this entire ordeal out to be something as challenging as cracking the Davinci Code. James is soaking up all the media attention when he should be focusing his time on trying to get out of the east for a chance at the title.

Lets take a look at the last 24 hours

1.) Lebron in the last 24 hours has moved his presser out of Cleavland to a neutral location to build suspense.

2.) Lebrons friends over the last 24 hours have all leaked that Lebron will be signing with team A,B,C (NY,CHI,MIA) not one "inside source" talking about Cleavland.

3.) ESPN has jumped on the wagon this morning saying their sources are telling them its going to be Miami. Why do this? Kill television ratings before 6 tonight when ESPN will have an exclusive story for an entire hour? (Chris Bosworth, Media Ploy Toy)

In the end Lebron will be the hero that saved City of Cleavland because he decided to come home. If im wrong, so be it, but the writings on the wall and everyone is buying into the media frenzy right now so sit back and enjoy the show.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 08:09 AM
1.) Lebron in the last 24 hours has moved his presser out of Cleavland to a neutral location to build suspense.

WRONG!, he is in Connecticut because Carmelo Anthony is getting married this weekend and he is in the wedding. Neutral site to build suspense has noting to do with it. Just another ad-hominem attack.

2.) Lebrons friends over the last 24 hours have all leaked that Lebron will be signing with team A,B,C (NY,CHI,MIA) not one "inside source" talking about Cleavland.

That is his friends releasing info, not James, can't blame him for anything. No guilty by association here.

3.) ESPN has jumped on the wagon this morning saying their sources are telling them its going to be Miami. Why do this? Kill television ratings before 6 tonight when ESPN will have an exclusive story for an entire hour? (Chris Bosworth, Media Ploy Toy)

Are you new to sports news?

This is just speculation that occurs with big names.

Brett Favre, Shaq, Cutler, 1st round draft picks.

Nothing official, just something broadcasters get paid to do. And all sources say they "believe" he would join the heat or would expect him to joint the heat, nothing official came out.

Bring something new, original and concrete next time.

GridironChamp
07-08-2010, 09:13 AM
LeBRON has been my favorite player in the NBA for a long time now, but man...
this act is getting old, fast.

Durant did it the right way, Pierce did it the right way, even Wade and Bosh did
it an acceptable way... But James? No, he is doing it every possible wrong way
you can.

JakeNbake
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't care. The guy is basically the biggest name in sports. If he wants an hour long program he can get it. He's the real deal.

He's an entertainer and if you watch him play you can see that. If he goes to Miami it's over. I mean over. The lakers were good. but if D-wade and James can find a way to co-exsist or even more. We're talking unstopable. The three best players in the NBA are Kobe/Lebron I don't know which is better you give it to Kobe for now because of the championships and then Wade. Add Bosh and that's scarey. If you have the ability to have either Wade or Lebron on the floor at all times then you have the ability to win games.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
if Lebron went to Miami:

Kobe > Lebron
Gasol > Bosh

Kobe and LeBron is about a push, i'll take LeBron because he's younger and just now entering his prime while Kobe has a few good years left.

Gasol over Bosh, but not by a whole lot.

No, Wade is a top 3 player in the game, disagree there.

If Wade and LeBron can work together that is going to be scary, we're talking unstopppable. Two top 3 players on the same team along with a top 3 PF like Bosh, scary. They just need to add a defensive C, and get some role players on the bench.

If this does happen, players would come to Miami to take less and play for a championship.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 11:40 AM
LeBRON has been my favorite player in the NBA for a long time now, but man...
this act is getting old, fast.

Durant did it the right way, Pierce did it the right way, even Wade and Bosh did
it an acceptable way... But James? No, he is doing it every possible wrong way
you can.

This is exactly what I'm saying, there is a much more classy way to handle this.

JakeNbake
07-08-2010, 11:47 AM
LeBron James-F-Cavaliers Jul. 8 - 2:24 pm et

LeBron James has reportedly booked a party at the W Hotel in Miami for Saturday night.

Yes, he's going to Carmelo Anthony's wedding in New York on Saturday, but it seems feasible that he could jet to Miami in time for an old fashioned throwdown at the W that night. All signs are pointing to him signing with the Heat - now more than ever.

Ok this has got to be a set up.

Den615
07-08-2010, 12:18 PM
The Bath Township Police Department has extra squad cars ready to patrol in the neighborhood of LeBron James on Thursday night.
"Whether we get loads of happy fans or unhappy fans showing up outside his home, we will be prepared to keep the traffic moving," chief Michael McNeeley said. It's looking more and more like LeBron is off to Miami, meaning those police officers may have some real work on their hands tonight.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Chris Paul has left Octagon and will now be represented by LeBron James' LRMR marketing company.
LRMR has yet to make a formal announcement that Paul will be joining them, but that news will likely hit during tonight's televised extravaganza. "He’s left Octagon," Paul’s agent Jeff Austin said. "We’re proud of the work we did with him over the past five years. We wish him nothing but the best." This could also mean Paul has a better than average chance of being traded to LeBron's team (Miami?) at some point down the road.
Source: Yahoo! Sports
Related: LeBron James

Paul
Wade
James
Bosh

That would be so ridiculous.

Spice 1
07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
This is exactly what I'm saying, there is a much more classy way to handle this.

As NBA history has proven, win a couple championships and all will be forgiven. LeBron is going to win a couple championships. Doesn't matter if he stays in Cleveland or wherever he ends up. I wouldn't take this dog and pony show too seriously. If he does decide to go to the Heat, he'll always be a guy who couldn't do it alone. He will do it though. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce dominated Los Angeles after their first year together. Think about what Wade, James, and Bosh would do to LA, and the rest of the NBA for that matter.

GridironChamp
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Paul
Wade
James
Bosh

That would be so ridiculous.

I don't think they could pull that off...

If Paul was going to be traded to a team where James goes, then it will be the
Nets or the Knicks, probably the Nets.

thatkidhunt
07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't care. The guy is basically the biggest name in sports. If he wants an hour long program he can get it. He's the real deal.

He's an entertainer and if you watch him play you can see that. If he goes to Miami it's over. I mean over. The lakers were good. but if D-wade and James can find a way to co-exsist or even more. We're talking unstopable. The three best players in the NBA are Kobe/Lebron I don't know which is better you give it to Kobe for now because of the championships and then Wade. Add Bosh and that's scarey. If you have the ability to have either Wade or Lebron on the floor at all times then you have the ability to win games.

I agree with this ^

The Experience
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
The Celtics have agreed to a deal with Jermaine O'Neal. 2-yr 11mil

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
As NBA history has proven, win a couple championships and all will be forgiven. LeBron is going to win a couple championships. Doesn't matter if he stays in Cleveland or wherever he ends up. I wouldn't take this dog and pony show too seriously. If he does decide to go to the Heat, he'll always be a guy who couldn't do it alone. He will do it though. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce dominated Los Angeles after their first year together. Think about what Wade, James, and Bosh would do to LA, and the rest of the NBA for that matter.

If he stays in cle he will never win the chip. As for the older big three beating up LA, that would hold some water but bynum wasnt in the series, so dont look to much into that for a comparison.

As for going to the heat they would have a pretty nasty three of course, but nothing is a lock. Theres always injury concern and even if they could work together. The older big three work well because none of them needed the ball in their hands to be at their best. On the other hand wade and bron are at their best with the ball in their hands. As far as I know the nba still plays with one ball so I see that posing a problem.

As for history being forgiving when you win a chip will it forgive james if he isnt ever the finals mvp? As espn analyst talked about how things would work on the heat they said james will have to probably be the one that takes the biggest hit to his stats and be more of a facilitator, while dwade is the number one guy and runs the show. Now of course bron will still put up good numbers but it is a combo of numbers and leadership that give you that mvp.

If you think people come at kobe to much for his first three rings because he had shaq, imagine what they will say about bron and his rings when he has bosh and wade in their primes.

armedequation
07-08-2010, 02:35 PM
lol what a joke. I love how winning is the issue yet money is the conversation for the most part. To me lebron having a hour special is him thinking he's bigger than the game.

this is worse than favre x100

Whats pissing me off is no other free agency news is being reported on tv. I dont need some obscure accountant telling me his version of what would work for the upteenth time.

He will do it though. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce dominated Los Angeles after their first year together.

1-2 for the title is dominaing?

yes becuase they keep saying "watch the lebron signing charity special" ~what a joke!

thatkidhunt
07-08-2010, 02:35 PM
If Lebron ends up in Miami barring any major injuries I think they can win the East in the upcoming 10-11 season. They get a couple more small pieces, maybe add some depth to the bench and they will become quite the force.

Pandapeep
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't know who I'm more disgusted by, LeBron, or myself for watching this crap.

Honestly, who does LeBron then he is? What has he done exactly to warrant an hour, a whole hour!, special to announce what team he will grace with his presence? Congrats, you can win regular season games. He should switch sports and become a Charger.

In the space of a few day LeBron went from a likable, level headed kid into a raging egomaniac willing to crush, in all likelihood, two different cities. And the thing of it is that even if he leaves and wins a title, the doubts will always be there.

Spice 1
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
If he stays in cle he will never win the chip. As for the older big three beating up LA, that would hold some water but bynum wasnt in the series, so dont look to much into that for a comparison.

As for going to the heat they would have a pretty nasty three of course, but nothing is a lock. Theres always injury concern and even if they could work together. The older big three work well because none of them needed the ball in their hands to be at their best. On the other hand wade and bron are at their best with the ball in their hands. As far as I know the nba still plays with one ball so I see that posing a problem.

As for history being forgiving when you win a chip will it forgive james if he isnt ever the finals mvp? As espn analyst talked about how things would work on the heat they said james will have to probably be the one that takes the biggest hit to his stats and be more of a facilitator, while dwade is the number one guy and runs the show. Now of course bron will still put up good numbers but it is a combo of numbers and leadership that give you that mvp.

If you think people come at kobe to much for his first three rings because he had shaq, imagine what they will say about bron and his rings when he has bosh and wade in their primes.

I'm not going to flat out go against the argument that he can't win in CLE, but it's all speculation. Personally, it's my opinion that if LeBron had a consistent #2 scoring threat, he'd win one. Of course, this goes back to your original argument that CLE cannot provide him the players he needs. As of right now, that is a great argument. Bear in mind however, that CLE could have had Stoudemire last year, but they prematurely pulled the trigger on Jamison. It's easy to look back and consider that a fault on the Cavs management, but bear in mind that Cleveland whooped LA in the reg. They had the leagues best record, and someone to push Howard out of the paint. At this point, they didn't feel that signing Amare at the expense of dealing Hickson was necessary.

And considering the championship=forgiveness debate: It's very real, just look at the guy in your sig. Even if LeBron doesn't win a finals MVP, he'll have the chips. The popularity contest that is ESPN/sports media in general these days will immortalize him either way.

Your last argument about how Kobe won his first three is also a good one. That is something that LeBron will never get away from. Look at Garnett though. Remember the arguments that he couldn't win a championship? (Magic busted it out all the time) You don't hear that argument anymore, despite how he did it. The media changed all of that. I'm with you though. I can see through the BS. If LeBron does this, I'll always remember how he won his titles.

1-2 for the title is dominaing?

I don't know about that. They went from being the worst team in the league to the best. They beat the Lakers 4-2, and Pierce outplayed Bryant in the Finals. They improved by 42 wins in one season. All of these guys were past their primes. With the exception of a Ray Allen/Chris Bosh comparison, we are dealing with higher caliber players despite their age. Their supporting cast consisted of an inexperienced Rondo, a rookie Davis, a young (and offensively ineffective) Perkins, and other role players such as Powe and House. That's pretty impressive. Their roster is partially dismantled now, and they are aging quite a bit. It should come as no shock that it didn't last long. The Miami "big 3" would be five years of dominance.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
How is Bosh gonna post up Gasol, Bynum, and Odom all at one time?

Lakers still the best team for the next 2 years.

BroncoFanBoy
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
How is Bosh gonna post up Gasol, Bynum, and Odom all at one time?

Lakers still the best team for the next 2 years.

don't forget they also have dwayne wade and possibly lebron

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM

they cant post up like that. Heat have major major defensive matchup issues with the lakers. if the heat get lebron, they wont have any other impact players. Lakers easily have 2 of the best wing defenders in kobe and artest, and gasol can take bosh.

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM

This is getting ridiculous. Same crappy Heat roster that Wade had + Bosh isn't going to do much. You still need a decent team around you to win, no matter how good you are. Jordan with the Bulls in comparison with Jordan with the Wizards is a good example. Adding LeBron will probably produce more regular season wins, but I honestly think it won't make much of a difference against a more complete team like the Lakers.

EDIT: ESPN, you're already having a stupid one hour special about where he'll sign, you don't need to dedicate all of SportsCenter to talking about it too. Can I see some baseball scores and maybe some World Cup talk? Thanks.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
they cant post up like that. Heat have major major defensive matchup issues with the lakers. if the heat get lebron, they wont have any other impact players. Lakers easily have 2 of the best wing defenders in kobe and artest, and gasol can take bosh.

Very true, but give me Bron, Wade, Bosh>> Kobe, Gasol, Artest/Bynum.

Heat will still probably sign some role players for depth and whatnot.

Kobe was a fascilitator in the Finals on Rondo, he would have to guard Wade 1 on 1, Kobe was fresh. We'll see if/when it happens, it depends if the Heat get a defensive type Center.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
If bron does go to MIA they def will have the offensive power no doubt. As for matching up with the lakers on defense it can go either way really. I mean wade is a good defender but he cant defend kobe, I think they would have bron cover him instead of artest and than put wade on artest, since artest is less deadly than kobe. Gasol has amazing footwork but bosh is a pretty solid defender, the thing is bosh isnt big and physical, but much like gasol, and those are the type of players that gasol does best on.

All I know is that if bron does sign with the heat he will totally switch places with kobe. Instead of being the beloved player that everyone routes for to get the chip as the underdog, he will become the villian. America loves to route for the underdog, but if the heat make this team they surely wont be that. IMO

BroncoFanBoy
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
here we go on lebron's decision....

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
here we go on lebron's decision....

You mean here comes the commercials and stalling? lol

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Just announce it already, even though i'm a fan of LeBron, this has been ridiculous.

BroncoFanBoy
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
You mean here comes the commercials and stalling? lol

lol i didn't know this would take so long

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
lol i didn't know this would take so long

Well if their donating money to charity it has to come from some where and that is the commercials lol.

BroncoFanBoy
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Miami heat

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
MIA I guess we'll see how it goes I still dont think it is right. But good luck lebron.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
MIA I guess we'll see how it goes I still dont think it is right. But good luck lebron.

They'll look sexy together, but you have to be able to rebound to win championships, especially when the shots aren't falling. That's how the Lakers beat the Celtics in game 7 when they were shooting about 25% in the first half.

The Heat won't be outrebounding anybody.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM

We'll see how it works, still didnt think it was possible.

If they get a defensive type Center, wow..

Wade/Bron, two of the top 3 players in the game along with a top 5 PF.

That should be fun to watch.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
You know what seem odd to me, was that he said after he talked to him mom he knew his answer. As soon as I herd that I thought hes staying a cav, but apprently his mom told him his butt better go win some rings rather than being loyal ahahaha.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Lakers over Heat in 6.

Broncoholic JS
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
The Miami Heat will not have enough money to hire a bench. Plain and simple they will just be wasting money on their " new big 3". I do not see this producing a title for them and I will LOL at it too!

GO NUGGETS!!

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Lakers over Heat in 6.

What are you smoking..

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are 3 of the top 10 players in the game. That's 70+ PPG along from those three.

Lakers have Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum is a force when healthy.

I'll make a prediciton depending what else the Heat get.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
What are you smoking..

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are 3 of the top 10 players in the game. That's 70+ PPG along from those three.

Lakers have Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum is a force when healthy.

I'll make a prediciton depending what else the Heat get.

Have you heard of matchup problems?

Fargo
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm no Cavs fan, but damn that was classless to hype up the Cleveland fans just to dump them on national television. Lebron has just crushed his final record into Cleveland's book:

More public hate than Art Modell

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Personally I don't think Wade and Lebron are a good fit together. Both require the ball in their hand all the time.

Everyone is over hyping this so far. 3 players doesn't win you a ring especially if you don't have a Center. But I suspect Big Z to follow Lebron to Miami.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm no Cavs fan, but damn that was classless to hype up the Cleveland fans just to dump them on national television. Lebron has just crushed his final record into Cleveland's book:

I was wondering if Lebron ever considered talking to Art Modell during his process. He wont be welcomed back in his home state.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Man, this is insane. I got the chills when he said he was taking his talents to South Beach. I can't wait for the season to start, going to be an entertaining year. :peace:

Spyder
07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
So, just wondering..

If Lebron fails to win it yet again whether it be next year or the year after, whenever.. what will the excuse be then?

rst08tierney
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Lakers over Heat in 6.

The Heat will not be in the Finals this year.

They dont even get an MLE until next year.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
The fans in cleveland werent to happy with him, they already started burning his jersey. Can't really blame them.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
The Heat will not be in the Finals this year.

They dont even get an MLE until next year.

dont matter, they will got some old vets to come play for super extra cheap, not enough to take down LA.

Fargo
07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
The fans in cleveland werent to happy with him, they already started burning his jersey. Can't really blame them.

Yeah, he was a "hero" who really shot his followers in the back.

In the end, Ozymandias will be forgotten for his failure to win squat.

Charlie Brown
07-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Agreed, the guy is a classless jerk.

He demands the media's attention and wants them at his beck and call for an hour long press conference. Then, he says to the media he informed the team he is going to about his decision. So, he plays for 7 seasons for the Cavs and doesn't have enough class to call them up and say:

"Hey, thanks for all the time here, but I want to move on."

No, he doesn't even have enough class to do that. On top of that, he built up his press conference and made sure he got all the fans that have supported him in Ohio since he was a kid to sit down and watch. Then, for all their support his entire life, he brushes them off like they are nothing.

He is a back-stabbing, arrogant jerk.

Also, this is coming from somebody who is NOT a Cavs fan. I HATE basketball.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah, he was a "hero" who really shot his followers in the back.

In the end, Ozymandias will be forgotten for his failure to win squat.

He will be known as the guy that couldnt stick it out and pull things together and bring a chip to his team. Winning a chip wont be the same for him as it would have won it in cle.

As for your last statement I never thought there would be something so deep on a broncos forum ahahaha

Fargo
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Agreed, the guy is a classless jerk.

He demands the media's attention and wants them at his beck and call for an hour long press conference. Then, he says to the media he informed the team he is going to about his decision. So, he plays for 7 seasons for the Cavs and doesn't have enough class to call them up and say:

"Hey, thanks for all the time here, but I want to move on."

No, he doesn't even have enough class to do that. On top of that, he built up his press conference and made sure he got all the fans that have supported him in Ohio since he was a kid to sit down and watch. Then, for all their support his entire life, he brushes them off like they are nothing.

He is a back-stabbing, arrogant jerk.

Also, this is coming from somebody who is NOT a Cavs fan. I HATE basketball.
I never followed the Cavs, and I probably wouldn't have cared too much if he left normally, but he didn't even tell the Cavs owner before he announced it. He set the Cavs back a whole season with that last minute move. Can you imagine how many kids were watching that press conference hoping he would stay? Or how about the other fans he hyped up and left in the dark?

There's really no other way around it: that man is trash.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
He will be known as the guy that couldnt stick it out and pull things together and bring a chip to his team. Winning a chip wont be the same for him as it would have won it in cle.

As for your last statement I never thought there would be something so deep on a broncos forum ahahaha

It's not LeBron's fault nobody wants to move to Cleveland. The only guys that were brought to Cleveland were guys that were once superstars who were on their last legs (Shaq, Ben Wallace). It was rumored that LeBron tried to talk Bosh into going to Cleveland, but Bosh wasn't interested. That means Bosh is willing to take 30 million less (because Toronto won't do a sign and trade with Miami) than he would have gotten in Cleveland.

I've been pretty turned off by the way LeBron has manipulated the media and hoarded attention, but at the end of the day the burden of Cleveland is not his burden to bear.It's not his fault no one wants to play ball there.

The reason Hitler never invaded the US is because he heard Cleveland was here.:D

SeekandDestroy
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I think the big loser in all of this (other than Cleveland) is New York, they invest the last few years on clearing cap room in the hopes of getting Lebron or some combo of Wade/Bosh and some other big name free agent. And instead, they get Amar'e... and lose David Lee! lol

NY KNICKS = EPIC FAIL!!!

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
It's amazing how LeBron went from being to one of the most liked players in the league to one of the most disliked. I am no longer a LeBron fan. What a classless jerk. I've always thought Wade was better anyway, so if this "new big 3" wins anything, LeBron will just be a sidekick, Wade will be taking all the big time shots. Cop out. "Hey look! I'm a legend! I have a legacy! I won a title finally!" I can't believe most people thought this guy was the next Jordan.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
It's not LeBron's fault nobody wants to move to Cleveland. The only guys that were brought to Cleveland were guys that were once superstars who were on their last legs (Shaq, Ben Wallace). It was rumored that LeBron tried to talk Bosh into going to Cleveland, but Bosh wasn't interested. That means Bosh is willing to take 30 million less (because Toronto won't do a sign and trade with Miami) than he would have gotten in Cleveland.

I've been pretty turned off by the way LeBron has manipulated the media and hoarded attention, but at the end of the day the burden of Cleveland is not his burden to bear.It's not his fault no one wants to play ball there.

The reason Hitler never invaded the US is because he heard Cleveland was here.:D

The thing is it is his town, he built that team, and they were his people. Look I know things werent looking good for him at cleveland, but if he ever wants to be compared to number 23 going to MIA isnt the way to go. In the end he didnt stick it out and ran away from the situation.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
The thing is it is his town, he built that team, and they were his people. Look I know things werent looking good for him at cleveland, but if he ever wants to be compared to number 23 going to MIA isnt the way to go. In the end he didnt stick it out and ran away from the situation.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I don't think he should feel obligated to play for them if they can't put a winning team around him. That's the GM's job. It's not his job.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
It's amazing how LeBron went from being to one of the most liked players in the league to one of the most disliked. I am no longer a LeBron fan. What a classless jerk. I've always thought Wade was better anyway, so if this "new big 3" wins anything, LeBron will just be a sidekick, Wade will be taking all the big time shots. Cop out. "Hey look! I'm a legend! I have a legacy! I won a title finally!" I can't believe most people thought this guy was the next Jordan.

This might be a little extreme but I totally agree he will never be able to be compared to jordan now that he has gone to MIA. With the game on the line the ball will be in dwade's hand not his, the leader of that team and town is dwade not him, and its wade's country not brons country. It might be the best place for him to win a chip, but legacy wise it isnt good at all.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I don't think he should feel obligated to play for them if they can't put a winning team around him. That's the GM's job. It's not his job.

It is but the thing is why wouldnt players want to come to cleveland and play with bron? That just seems odd to me. You see players flock to go to LA but no one jumps at the chance to play on brons squad. To some extent it is the GM's job, but as the leader of that team he should had did what wade just did, and recruit guys.

Peerless
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
LOL Lebron James.

Today, Kevin Durant did it the RIGHT way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai2VVznbsAT1D7HbertofEe8vLYF?slug=ap-thunder-durant

no press conference.

no miniseries.

no mixed signals.

no bs.

The only superstar in the NBA who isn't an ego maniac ******bag. He just stays humble and goes about his business.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL Lebron James.

Today, Kevin Durant did it the RIGHT way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai2VVznbsAT1D7HbertofEe8vLYF?slug=ap-thunder-durant

no press conference.

no miniseries.

no mixed signals.

no bs.

The only superstar in the NBA who isn't an ego maniac ******bag. He just stays humble and goes about his business.

And that is why in just a few short years he will be the best player in the nba :salute:

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
And that is why in just a few short years he will be the best player in the nba :salute:

KE-VIN DUR-ANT *clap clap, clap clap clap* KE-VIN DUR-ANT *clap clap, clap clap clap* :salute!:

Let's hope that next year Melo isn't this dramatic :laugh:

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
WOW

Didnt know where to put this, check this out.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

Peerless
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
WOW

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

Sorry Dan Gilbert.... but you're full of crap. I know you want some Rocky type uprising theme of encouragement, but this won't happen.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
WOW

Imagine brons face 2010- 2011 nba finals champs cavaliers ahahahah

Charlie Brown
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Just like how Elway shouldn't have stuck with the Broncos right?

All those Super Bowl he went to and lost. No running game to fall back on.

Would you have preferred if Elway held a news conference and said that he'd wanted to go to a team that actually built the team around him and helped him out.

Elways stayed in Denver and stuck it out and even got the coach that refused to build around him fired. He got a new coach in that was willing to work with him - Shanahan.

What did Elway get in return? Two Superbowls. How does Denver feel about Elway, the QB who stuck with what was a bad situation (under Reeves) for much of his career? They love him.

Yea, it's not Lebron's fault that the GM's brought in older players past their prime. But, it is Lebron's fault for holding the city ransom and all the fans ransom. Lebron could have toughed it out and stayed a star in his homestate and held his head high. But, nope. He decided to be a coward and backstab everyone that stuck by him all these years.

rst08tierney
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Some sad quotes from Cleavland Fans

This hurts, LeBron. Not that you care. You get South Beach and your boys...what is Cleveland and the state of Ohio left with? Nothing. Thanks.

You could have just tweeted it. Jerk.

LeBron is the new Art Modell. Thanks A-hole!!!!! We wish you the worst

Most selfish player in the NBA. You did not bring a championship to NE Ohio. You pooped where you lived. You are dead to Cleveland. Cleveland will NEVER FORGET LeBoob!

LeBum and Modell; a match made in Hell. Dirtbag!!!! If you really were a man (instead of a 25 yr old spoiled kid) and wanted to face a challenge - you would've stayed instead of dumping your hometown on National TV. Break a leg traitor

You had to go on national TV for this? Totally classless especially after this city kissed your @ss.

If you can't beat 'em then join 'em LeBron. If you think that you're going to be the star in Miamai you're sadless mistaken. Miami will always be Wade's town and you will always be second tier.

P.S. FU

Judas James - I live in Denver and I am telling you that Colorado thinks your are a classless bum and a quitter.

LeBron James, you are a repulsive, treacherous, lily-livered waste of human tissue. Thanks so much for eviscerating an entire city on national TV, you fraudulent twit. Change your moniker to "Queen James" and your jersey number to "2nd" because you've consigned yourself to being Wade's pathetic, needy little handmaid. Pitiful coward.

Wow LeBron..way to stick it to Cleveland. Ripping our hearts out on National TV? Classy! You will NEVER be considered as good as Jordan EVER. He didn't run off and join a superteam, he made the Bulls a champion. You will go down as the most hated sports figure in Cleveland history, and I hope you remain ringless.

Dear Lebron,

SCREW U TRAITOR. You are not welcome back home. And if you're stupid enough to think you can comeback and it's all good, you got another thing coming. Clearly your ego was too big for this town. Now take you, your baby mama, and that overrated, bad-makeup c-head mom too that oil ridden beach and enjoy. Now I got to go and sell my Cavs stuff.

LeBron, go kick rocks. All the money the city invested in you and THIS is what you do? So many people depended on you. It's like the OJ trial - like you just stabbed Cleveland in the back. Jerk.
PS. I'm sure D West has plenty of air miles to come see your mom.

Go die in a fire, LeFraud. The day you win a ring is the day pigs fly. Take a cue from Mel Turpin.

Lebron is self centered, No Class, piece of garbage.

You're a loser. Kobe never had to do something ridiculous like this. Never come back, because we'll never forget. You had a chance to make a winner here. You failed. Have fun playing second fiddle to Wade in his city.

Good Luck with your Bike=a-thon. If you dare to show up, I hope your wheel catches a sewer grate and you blow a knee out so bad, you need a walker to get to the bank.

WOW, as we were watching LBJ announce he choose the Heat I noticed my 8 yr old sons voice crack as he spoke. He started to cry b/c he was sad. He said "Dad we can't get anyone good b/c everyone is signed right?" Yes I said. "Dad he really made things bad didn't he? Yes I said. How can I say anything good about his decision or spin this into a positive? Chicago made sense! Miami is all selfish.
Going to get Derrick Rose, Rondo, and Howard jerseys for my son tomorrow. Anyone but the Heat!
Go Lakers, Go Celtics, Go Bulls, Go Magic, heck; Go Noah!

The LeBron Free Agency Watch is over.

The LeBron Karma Watch has just begun

Could not win with your own team.....so now you need to hook up with 2 superstars to try to win. We guess your not the CHOSEN ONE, but just a guy who wants a ring and will do anything you can to get one. Wade will always have one more than you IF you can win in Miami. What if you fail in Miami?? You become Lebron and not THE KING by going to the Heat... Micheal did it,,Magic did it, Larry did it,,,,Kobe did it,,, but you could not do it... and you are not willing to try. Let Dwayne and Chris help you to do it, because you could not do it the way the GREATS have done it. You are a sorry leech kinda player.. attaching yourself to someone who has already won a ring!!!!!!
Too bad. You were the king in Cleveland. DON'T COME BACK HERE EVER!!!

You call yourself oldschool but MJ, Bird, Magic, Kobe, and Duncan to name a few stayed and BUILT a championship.

LOVED your spin about taking less money and "listening to the man above". Guess God told you to think only of yourself and do what ever it took to win - it's laughable that your spinning this as being about winning and not the money.

Long live Kobe!!!

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
WOW

Wow, if this is real...:eek:

Can't really blame him, LeBron could have at least called him before he announced his decision.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
WOW

Lebron pissed everyone off. The Heat are in a bad spot, everyone will be gunning for them.

Peerless
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
LMAO :laugh:

Haha

You could have just tweeted it. Jerk.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Wow, if this is real...:eek:

Can't really blame him, LeBron could have at least called him before he announced his decision.

Me either, Cavs have nothing around him, now we get to see LeBron play with some actual talent around him.

That's pretty harsh.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Even though most of these people are cleveland fans I think its pretty wide spread of the hate for what he did. Looks like I hit the nail on the head when I said this guy would be a villian if he went to the heat.

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
now we get to see LeBron play with some actual talent around him.

If you mean play sidekick to a superstar and play with an overrated all-star and no bench, sure.

getlynched47
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Holy Cow Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't **** with the Miami Heat in 2010

:eek::jawdrop::eek::jawdrop::eek:

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Awesome, Beasley traded to the Wolves.

Heat get some money to get more players.

Wolves-Heat deal, sources say, calls for 'Sota to absorb Beasley into cap space and send its 2011 second-round pick to Miami to seal deal

Wolves/Heat also agree to unspecified swap of future first-round picks. Heat turned to 'Sota after four-way trade w/TOR, HOU, CHA dissolved

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Spice 1
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Your welcome. I don't know about you, but my German sucks.

I don't know why fans have to act like kids and burn jerseys (among other things). I don't look at the guy as this terrible person, who threw Cleveland under the bus. He's a grown a$$ man, and he made his own grown a$$ decision. He knew he would alienate himself to a plethora of people in Cleveland, but he had the stones to go against the grain. I get why he didn't tell the Cavs organization about it too. They would have traded him somewhere like Sacramento or Indiana. He did what HE (or at least his mommy) wanted. I won't harbor any hate for the guy. Water under the bridge dude. He's going to go and dominate the NBA now. Sounds like a great time to me. This is simply a sign of the times. The days of sworn loyalty are fading away. This is where we are headed. I got my popcorn ready, so bring on the draft lottery (right, I don't watch baseball, so the Broncos and Buckeyes just moved up the priority list). EDIT: j/k, the Broncos were always number 1.

PhillyBronco24
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Awesome, Beasley traded to the Wolves.

Heat get some money to get more players.

Wolves-Heat deal, sources say, calls for 'Sota to absorb Beasley into cap space and send its 2011 second-round pick to Miami to seal deal

Wolves/Heat also agree to unspecified swap of future first-round picks. Heat turned to 'Sota after four-way trade w/TOR, HOU, CHA dissolved

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Awesome? I thought you were a magic fan? lol

getlynched47
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Some sad quotes from Cleavland Fans

I hope us Nuggets fans aren't going to be in a similar situation if Carmelo Anthony doesn't sign a contract extension and leaves for free agency next year :(

Melo may not be LeBron James, but he is a huge sports figure in Denver.

Skywalker
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Nah, now he has to jump on the Heat bandwagon. They're going to get a ridiculous amount of new fans :laugh: :sick:

I hope us Nuggets fans aren't going to be in a similar situation if Carmelo Anthony doesn't sign a contract extension and leaves for free agency next year :(

Melo may not be LeBron James, but he is a huge sports figure in Denver.

If Melo does leave, it will suck, but I don't think he would get this much backlash. I think this whole thing is just about HOW LeBron decided to announce this.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Yes, i still am.

That was sarcasm lol, now they have money to bring in some role players for the bench.

DishWater
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought the whole front of donations to the Boys and Girls Club and the U of P was a sham. Just another way to save face after ruining a city and state's hopes. I'm all for community work, it's what I do actually, but to me it screamed ego trip.

I agree with many others; I would've done the same thing if I were in Lebron's position, but to do it on an ESPN special was just cruel and unusual.

That team will win many championships and interest in the NBA will be renewed, so I guess that's good.

I hope to god Melo doesn't pull the same **** just to be back East. Can we please get a legit starting Center before he leaves?? Chauncey better not leave anytime soon...

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Can you guys imagine if Elway left us after his MVP? i feel really bad for the true Cav fans

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Heat will be the most entertaining team in the NBA

3 super stars

2 mega stars on the same team.

2 of the top 3 players in the NBA on one team.

Going to have the most National televised games outside of the Lakers

People tuning in to either root for them or boo them. They have become the most hated and liked team in less than a day.

Title chances?

An iffy coach. I don't think he can utilize the talent the same way as some other coaches.

As it stands, and heat still have time to pick up some players

No solid Point guard

No big man game, can't win without a set of a big man

Lack of quality depth.

I still see the lakers as the favorite.

Best head coach in NBA history
X factor in Kobe (still has a few good years left in him)
Best total big man game in the league. Gasol, Odom, and Bynum
Point guard
Not the greatest depth but better than the heat

Going to take a lot more than 2 X factors and a good PF to win for the heat.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
A lot of hate in here towards LeBron, not even from Cleveland fans. The only thing LeBron did that was messed up was making this a spectacle. Calling him a traitor is not warranted. For one, why does he HAVE to stay in Cleveland? Just because he is from there? "He left!?!? ****ing traitor!!!" Wrong. He wants to win championships, and he feels Miami gives him the best chance, so he left. I respect that. Now, if I was living in Cleveland, or Ohio for that matter, I would be upset he left, but still fail to see how he is a traitor, or turned his back on you guys.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I think the Knicks can still do it.

:sad:

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/Jesse_James_X/bb.jpg

^Thanks Google Images

Fargo
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
A lot of hate in here towards LeBron, not even from Cleveland fans. The only thing LeBron did that was messed up was making this a spectacle. Calling him a traitor is not warranted. For one, why does he HAVE to stay in Cleveland? Just because he is from there? "He left!?!? ****ing traitor!!!" Wrong. He wants to win championships, and he feels Miami gives him the best chance, so he left. I respect that. Now, if I was living in Cleveland, or Ohio for that matter, I would be upset he left, but still fail to see how he is a traitor, or turned his back on you guys.

He's a traitor because he turned his back on the fans he swore to stick with. I live in Cleveland, but I'm no Cavs fan. Still, that's low.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
He's a traitor because he turned his back on the fans he swore to stick with. I live in Cleveland, but I'm no Cavs fan. Still, that's low.

I don't know, athletes say things and don't follow through all the time though.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Mitchell native Mike Miller intends to sign a five-year, $30 million deal with the Miami Heat, sources told KSFY late Thursday night.

Earlier in the night, LeBron James announced his intention to sign with Miami, joining Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade with the Heat.

Miller spent last season with the Washington Wizards.

http://www.ksfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=12778542

Official now according to Mike Miller's dad..

Not sure what Center they will get.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Mitchell native Mike Miller intends to sign a five-year, $30 million deal with the Miami Heat, sources told KSFY late Thursday night.

Earlier in the night, LeBron James announced his intention to sign with Miami, joining Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade with the Heat.

WOW

Yea but now they have no cash left. I don't get what they are doing. They just used the entire MLE on Mike Miller.

Hoserman117
07-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Today I discovered I'm not a Cavs fan, I'm a LeBron fan. Call me a bandwagon fan or whatever but I don't care. Basketball isn't my sport, football is my sport and Denver is my team, I just think the NBA and LeBron are extremely fun to watch. Now LeBron with Wade and Bosh is going to just be ridiculous.

And I support the decision. Teams don't seem to have a problem saying it's all business when they cut somebody after a major ACL injury, but when this happens it becomes personal? Give me a break.

Can't wait for the season to start :D

Hoserman117
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Yea but now they have no cash left. I don't get what they are doing. They just used the entire MLE on Mike Miller.

We still don't know how much LeBron, Bosh, and Wayne are going to get paid. They make a ton of money outside of basketball. We're going to see how much they really care about winning over money.

SeekandDestroy
07-08-2010, 10:38 PM

That's interesting, hmm, all they need now is someone to dribble down the court and pass them the ball, and some minimum salary bench players to go in for the 2nd half when their up by 30 points lol

Just heard they are trying to sign iverson too, that would be a hell of a starting 5.

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM

Official now according to Mike Miller's dad..

Not sure what Center they will get.

My home town of just 15,000 w00t!!! Mike went to my highschool...he was a Kernel :D
http://i3.bebo.com/041a/8/mediuml/2007/12/15/05/2721774783a6372852537ml.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
That's interesting, hmm, all they need now is someone to dribble down the court and pass them the ball, and some minimum salary bench players to go in for the 2nd half when their up by 30 points lol

Your an idiot if you think they can win a championship with just the 3 of them. If they don't get anyone else that can play they will be bounced in the playoffs.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Your an idiot if you think they can win a championship with just the 3 of them. If they don't get anyone else that can play they will be bounced in the playoffs.

Of course they need more, but if they get a defensive type center, they could do some real damage. Way too early to tell, but i'm sure Riley has something planned.

PG- Chalmers
SG- Wade
SF- LeBron
PF- Bosh
C- ?

Miller
Butler
Pittman
Varnardo

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Celtics did it with a vastly inferior Big 3.

Anyway on a sidenote I just saw on ESPN Dan Gilbert, the Cavs Owner, just said the Cavaliers will win a championship before LeBron does. Pretty funny if you ask me he sounds like a child.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Of course they need more, but if they get a defensive type center, they could do some real damage. Way too early to tell, but i'm sure Riley has something planned.

PG- Chalmers
SG- Wade
SF- LeBron
PF- Bosh
C- ?

Miller
Butler
Pittman
Varnardo

The only good defensive center on the market was just re-signed by Dallas.

Hoserman117
07-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry but you could surround James, Wade, and Bosh with garbage and they're still contenders.

LBJ and a bunch of nothing pushed finals winning Celtics to the brink a few years ago. LBJ with Wade and Bosh and then a bunch of nothing else is dominant.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
The only good defensive center on the market was just re-signed by Dallas.

Yup, this probably wont happen, but maybe they get Shaq back for one year, doubtful, but possible.

Miami doesnt have many options for center.

Bronco_Armada
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Yup, this probably wont happen, but maybe they get Shaq back for one year, doubtful, but possible.

Miami doesnt have many options for center.

Already rumors of that happening.

I think shaq would like that, just so he can tie with Kobe.

The best I think he can do is come off the bench and play 7-8 min.

he has nothing in the tank.

Personally I don't see Shaq helping the heat as he is too slow.

I think they should go after Brad Miller if he has not signed with anyone yet.

SeekandDestroy
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Anyway on a sidenote I just saw on ESPN Dan Gilbert, the Cavs Owner, just said the Cavaliers will win a championship before LeBron does. Pretty funny if you ask me he sounds like a child.

I guess he thinks delonte west and zidruinuz ilgauskus (sp??) will really step their game up this year haha

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM

I think Pat Riley has a plan and some people in mind to add to their team and bench.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Boston had Rajon Rondo, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, James Posey, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, Glen Davis, and Tony Allen. Those are all solid rotational players. if the Heat had even half that rotation and I would peg them as the favorites for the title.

Gilbert is pissed, and he should be. Your about to see the Cavs make a deal. As a Nuggs fan I will take Varajeo or JJ Hickson off their hands.

Kno-Sean
07-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, i still am.

That was sarcasm lol, now they have money to bring in some role players for the bench.

My a**, you are the biggest bandwagon jumper here.

Whatever LeBron James is the biggest coward i have ever seen. He curled up in the fetal position and cried. Prince James took the easy way out and now is going to piggy back off of D-Wade and Chris Bosh. (Who in my opinion would have made a great combo, if they woulda spent their remaining money on other good role players)

IF Prince James wins a title, what does it even mean? This team is a failure if they don't win at least 3 together. Anything less and it really isn't that special.

Here's a nice little quote from one of my favorite players.

"Never run away from your problems, man up. If it was easy we all would have a ring, Lebron did what he had to do I guess, should have been more low-key about it. He just affected alot of ppl in Cleveland, I don't think he know how much the ppl in Cleveland loved him, it more then basketball to them I think.... Remember the great ones always stuck it out through the hard times. "Kobe" "MJ"..."
Brandon Jennings on LeBron

People always say that Kobe could never win without Shaq, then they said oh he only wins because he has such a good supporting cast. Well what now LeBron nut huggers? Cough Cough ERoyal248 Cough. What now when LeBron wins one? It won't mean anything unless he wins more than Kobe. Which will never happen.

I was actually glad to see this happen (Feel terrible for Cleveland fans tho) I was happy to see LeBron screw everyone over like that. Now a lot more people share my same feelings towards him. Now when he fails, there will be no more excuses.

Oh ya... I hate all *Heat Fans...

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
They should bring A.I. out of retirement so he can grab the ring with them :D

They need a PG anyway :laugh:

Kno-Sean
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Boston had Rajon Rondo, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, James Posey, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, Glen Davis, and Tony Allen. Those are all solid rotational players. if the Heat had even half that rotation and I would peg them as the favorites for the title.

Gilbert is pissed, and he should be. Your about to see the Cavs make a deal. As a Nuggs fan I will take Varajeo or JJ Hickson off their hands.

Hell if i'm a player looking for some place new, I would love to go to Cleveland now. Can you imagine how much love you would get showing up to play their now? Wouldn't it be sweet though if the Cavs were the team to knock out the Heat in the PO's?

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
***? Miami just signed mike miller to a 5year 30million dollar deal. Beasly is gone, but how much of a pay cut are the new big 3 gonna take?

Charlie Brown
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't know, athletes say things and don't follow through all the time though.

Imagine that it was Brandon Marshall.

Imagine if Brandon Marshall decided that to announce to the Broncos fans that he was leaving the team, he has a parade for himself going down Colfax in Denver. The Brandon Marshall "I hate Denver" parade right down a busy street in Denver.

How would Denver's population react towards him? A player for the Broncos holding a very public parade bashing the city of Denver and Colorado.

Would you say the same thing you are right now?

No, you would be angry.

LeBron didn't just leave the Cavs, I don't care if he stayed in Cleveland or left. What Lebron did was hold an hour long press conference for the sake of ratings and his own ego. LeBron could have been like all the other players and announce that he "Didn't want to play in Cleveland anymore and wanted a fresh start". People would have been fine with that. But that doesn't scream "LeBron" enough for him.

Instead, he has to be the center of attention and make a spectacle of the event. Not only did he make it a spectacle, he made it a spectacle that was aired on national television. Fans that sat by all these years, they tuned in. They tuned in to see him defecate on them. It is bad enough to be so classless that you don't inform people ahead of time what he was doing, but to force people to sit there and take his very public defecation is quite too much.

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Rondo sucked that year as he was a rookie or 2nd year I think.(Though he is a BALLER now)

House, Perkins, Davis, Posey were all decent. The Heat already have Miller and I'm sure some of their rookies should be decent not to mention all the guys that will just for a chance to win a ring.

God I'm excited. And I don't care if Gilbert is pissed hes being really unprofessional they just read his letter to the Cavs fans, and wow, sounds like something I would have written 6 years ago if I was having a temper tandrum.

ERoyal248
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
My a**, you are the biggest bandwagon jumper here.

Whatever LeBron James is the biggest coward i have ever seen. He curled up in the fetal position and cried. Prince James took the easy way out and now is going to piggy back off of D-Wade and Chris Bosh. (Who in my opinion would have made a great combo, if they woulda spent their remaining money on other good role players)

IF Prince James wins a title, what does it even mean? This team is a failure if they don't win at least 3 together. Anything less and it really isn't that special.

Here's a nice little quote from one of my favorite players.

"Never run away from your problems, man up. If it was easy we all would have a ring, Lebron did what he had to do I guess, should have been more low-key about it. He just affected alot of ppl in Cleveland, I don't think he know how much the ppl in Cleveland loved him, it more then basketball to them I think.... Remember the great ones always stuck it out through the hard times. "Kobe" "MJ"..."

People always say that Kobe could never win without Shaq, then they said oh he only wins because he has such a good supporting cast. Well what now LeBron nut huggers? Cough Cough ERoyal248 Cough. What now when LeBron wins one? It won't mean anything unless he wins more than Kobe. Which will never happen.

I was actually glad to see this happen (Feel terrible for Cleveland fans tho) I was happy to see LeBron screw everyone over like that. Now a lot more people share my same feelings towards him. Now when he fails, there will be no more excuses.

Oh ya... I hate all *Heat Fans...

Yes, i'm a bandwagon fan, i just ordered my LeBron jersey (sarcasm).. I like watching LeBron play, doesnt mean i'm a fan of the Heat or when he was on the Cavs. Just like the NFL, i like AD, Fitzgerald, and many others, doesnt mean i'm going to like those teams.

I've been a Magic fan, always have been, always will be. Yes, he hasnt had a legit #2 option. Dont even say Shaq, Jamison or Mo, they are role players at best.

Shaq is on his last legs. Jamison is 34 and soft. Mo is decent, not a top tier PG. The rest are role players.

I do agree he took the easy way out, but let's be honest, he wasnt winning anything in Cleveland.

Bernie24
07-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Hell if i'm a player looking for some place new, I would love to go to Cleveland now. Can you imagine how much love you would get showing up to play their now? Wouldn't it be sweet though if the Cavs were the team to knock out the Heat in the PO's?

The Cavs??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

With who??? Mo Williams? Zydrudas Igualskas? The Cavs have NOTHING now. They won't even make the playoffs, let alone bounce the Heat out.

If anybodys gonna bounce out the Heat, I think it will be the Celtics if they explode in the playoffs again.

d-bronx42
07-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Basketball just became stupid. The end.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Rondo sucked that year as he was a rookie or 2nd year I think.(Though he is a BALLER now)

House, Perkins, Davis, Posey were all decent. The Heat already have Miller and I'm sure some of their rookies should be decent not to mention all the guys that will just for a chance to win a ring.

God I'm excited. And I don't care if Gilbert is pissed hes being really unprofessional they just read his letter to the Cavs fans, and wow, sounds like something I would have written 6 years ago if I was having a temper tandrum.

Just wait until the first game Miami is in Cleveland, its going to be insane. If Cleveland makes the playoffs and plays the Heat, that will be one of the most watched series ever. If Cleveland won that series, to them, it would be winning a title.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Basketball just became stupid. The end.

hey d-bronx42 lets wait and see what our Nuggs do before we right off basketball lol Lets give Rex and Mark a chance, especially with Josh Kroenke at the helm. Were going make a big move.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM

Nice post. I sort of disagree with Jennings though. Anytime a prominent sports figure leaves a franchise, it affects the people in that city/state. Clevelands burden shouldn't be on LeBron's shoulders. LeBron is willing to sacrifice his legacy, and his image to win rings. It doesn't matter to him if he is the leader, or only super star on the team. He wants to win. Again, I respect that. Also, he is wrong about Kobe sticking it out through hard times. He demanded a trade just a few short years ago because he felt his teammates sucked.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
The Cavs??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

With who??? Mo Williams? Zydrudas Igualskas? The Cavs have NOTHING now. They won't even make the playoffs, let alone bounce the Heat out.

If anybodys gonna bounce out the Heat, I think it will be the Celtics if they explode in the playoffs again.

Its the East everyone has a chance to make the playoffs.

Charlie Brown
07-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Just wait until the first game Miami is in Cleveland, its going to be insane. If Cleveland makes the playoffs and plays the Heat, that will be one of the most watched series ever. If Cleveland won that series, to them, it would be winning a title.

No, it won't be.

Art Modell doesn't go to Cleveland because he gets death threats.

As everyone is claiming now, they (people in Cleveland) hate Lebron as much as Modell.

Kno-Sean
Nice post. I sort of disagree with Jennings though. Anytime a prominent sports figure leaves a franchise, it affects the people in that city/state. Clevelands burden shouldn't be on LeBron's shoulders. LeBron is willing to sacrifice his legacy, and his image to win rings. It doesn't matter to him if he is the leader, or only super star on the team. He wants to win. Again, I respect that. Also, he is wrong about Kobe sticking it out through hard times. He demanded a trade just a few short years ago because he felt his teammates sucked.

But he still stuck it out..

Bernie24

There isn't even a good player on the the Cavaliers team right now.

Their best player? Mo Williams? Z? Hickson? Jamison? Delonte West?

All average at best.

How they would even get to the playoffs let alone avoid being swept in the 1st round by the Heat or someone else is beyond me.

To Kno-Sean quit hating dawg no reason to get personal.

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
No, it won't be.

Art Modell doesn't go to Cleveland because he gets death threats.

As everyone is claiming now, they (people in Cleveland) hate Lebron as much as Modell.

So your saying Lebron won't go back to Cleveland?