PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the Chargers 2010 season

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Okay, so I felt like just throwing this out there because I know it's going to irritate Chargers fans and their overblown estimation of their team, but this is how I honestly expect things to go. Enjoy.

1. Rivers will post the following stats (nice one first): QB Rating: 96.0 Yards: 4225 TDs: 27 Ints: 10

2. Ryan Matthews will post the following stats: Rush yards: 778 Avg: 3.5 TDs: 4 Receiving yards: 125 TDs: 0 (Turns out it was the Chargers crap run blocking after all.)

3. The Chargers overall defense will finish the season ranked 20th in overall D, allowing just over 340 ypg and 23.0 ppg.

4. The Chargers will get swept by the Broncos, and lose the division because of it, as both teams will finish 10-6.

5. The Chargers will blow their only playoff game, playing like crap as usual.

6. The Chargers' fans will continue to make excuses and try to explain away reality.

That is all. :D

ChargersDivison
07-03-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL funniest post of the year. How can anyone get irritated at a thread this stupid. If something this dumb doesn't even irritate me, it won't anyone else.

No one is dumb enough to even believe 1 of those predictions.

OrangeBlueCrew
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I dig what you are saying, but no way Ryan Matthews averages 3.5 a carry. He's going to play like he has something to prove, which Knowshon didn't do at all last year.

DishWater
07-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Chargers will finish 8-8.

They'll be swept by Oakland and split with both KC and Denver.

LSIGRAD09
07-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I give the Chargers 12-4, with Division, maybe Championship game.

Can't say anything about stats, because I don't focus on them.

broncoFan!
07-03-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL funniest post of the year. How can anyone get irritated at a thread this stupid. If something this dumb doesn't even irritate me, it won't anyone else.

Yeah it's a stupid thread in my opinion but you can't deny that the Chargers are going to have a harder time without Vincent Jackson, without Antonio Cromartie, without LT. They may not even sweep the division if they don't sign back Shawne Merriman and Marcus McNeil.

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Aren't you the guy who predicted 1800 yards for Mathews? Yeah I'd be careful throwing around the word stupid regarding other people's posts...:coffee:

By the way, predictions 5 and 6 might as well not even be predictions. That's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

CHARGER$
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah it's a stupid thread in my opinion but you can't deny that the Chargers are going to have a harder time without Vincent Jackson, without Antonio Cromartie, without LT. They may not even sweep the division if they don't sign back Shawne Merriman and Marcus McNeil.

Cro and LT? were better off in both those positions. I love LT but he is done and cro is addition by subtraction.

As for the OP...LOL nice try.
I almost gave a CP for the laugh you gave me then i realized you might actually believe the stuff you spew.

14-2 was my prediction even though without VJ and MM i think it will be a lot tougher im just going to stick with it.

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I dig what you are saying, but no way Ryan Matthews averages 3.5 a carry.

He will. The Chargers run blocking sucked last year, and losing McNeill hasn't helped things.

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I almost gave a CP for the laugh you gave me then i realized you might actually believe the stuff you spew.

Of course I do. You're one season removed from 8-8, the division is getting tougher, and you are missing quite a few pieces all over the field. The joke is your 14-2 prediction...

broncoFan!
07-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Cro and LT? were better off in both those positions. I love LT but he is done and cro is addition by subtraction.

As for the OP...LOL nice try.

14-2 was my prediction even though without VJ and MM i think it will be a lot tougher im just going to stick with it.

Cromartie was okay I guess b/c he only had 1 good season with 10 picks, but as every Bronco fan should know LT is a beast and a stud. When LT pulls off a 80 yard A.P. style run then your are going to start hating A.J. Smith. I'm predicting 10-6 for the Chargers and a division title if they keep Vincent Jackson. If they lose him I'm predicting 9-7 and a wildcard playoff selection.

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Cromartie was okay I guess b/c he only had 1 good season with 10 picks, but as every Bronco fan should know LT is a beast and a stud. When LT pulls off a 80 yard A.P. style run then your are going to start hating A.J. Smith. I'm predicting 10-6 for the Chargers and a division title if they keep Vincent Jackson. If they lose him I'm predicting 9-7 and a wildcard playoff selection.

With those predictions why was my post, in your words, stupid? We're predicting the same freakin' record for them...:confused:

CHARGER$
07-03-2010, 02:47 PM

:laugh:
LT isnt even going to start for the jets... Hes probably going to be used more in the redzone. Good luck on him even breaking a 40 yarder let alone an 80.lololol.

broncoFan!
07-03-2010, 03:01 PM
LT isnt even going to start for the jets... Hes probably going to be used more in the redzone. Good luck on him even breaking a 40 yarder let alone an 80.lololol.

Yeah you're probablly right lol. The jets have Shawne Greene and as you guys know Shawne Greene is a stud. :rockon: Wish Denver had a run game like that! :sad: Actually, I've always loved watching Darren Sproles on your team. People underestimated him because he was short.

ChargersDivison
07-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Rivers : 46 tds 8 ints 122 QB rating 4856 yds. 3rd straight year leading in YPA.

Matthews: 1800 plus yds rushing alone.

Floyd 1235 rec yds 12 tds

Gates 1104 rec yds 13 tds

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

#1 total offense and scoring offense.

Top 5 defense, #1 in sacks, #1 in turnovers, top 3 rush defense.

SD 15-1.

Beat NE in Divisional Round.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Rivers is league MVP and SB MVP.

SD has 16 plus probowlers.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

Guaranteed on all of these. I'm literally still loling at Den sweeping SD.

DoJo Chargerfan
07-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Offensive one-liners:
Rivers throws for 4000+ yards, 30+ tds with under 12 int's.
Mathews rushes for 1150 yds with a 4ypc and 9td's
Jackson gets traded by week 3 and McNeill signs a long term contract prior to the season starting
Offensive pro bowlers:
Rivers, Gates, Dielman, Hardwick

Defensive one-liners:
Merriman plays well but will never return to form following his injury. He gets 10 sacks and staples himself as the leagues best run stuffing LB in the NFL
Rivera reinvents the 34 defense by using speed and presnap movement. Subs will be plentiful with a constant change at the DL.
Siler becomes SD's top ILB and Coop loses his spot to rookie Butler
The Chargers CB duo becomes one of the leagues best due to the amount of team speed and pressure on the CB. Cason emerges as one of the divisions best.
Defensive pro bowlers:
Weddle, Cason

Chargers finish 13-3
After a 8-0 start the Chargers lose to Texans. Locks down division early and gets healthy for the playoffs, getting 2 losses late and secures #1 seed.
Not predicting anything when it comes to the playoffs but this should be the Chargers best team since 2006

DoJo Chargerfan
07-03-2010, 03:32 PM

LT was chased down 7 times last year by defensive linemen. He just didn't have it last year. Probably will never have "it" again.

broncoFan!
07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Rivers : 46 tds 8 ints 122 QB rating 4856 yds. 3rd straight year leading in YPA.

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

SD 15-1.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

We'll see if Rivers can pull it off without VJ being there on the field to help him out. Having him on the field was kind of like having Randy Moss playing for the Patriots! So I think that no matter what way you look at it with VJ going to Redskins to hookup with Mcnabb it seems that you will have to work around your tight end and Floyd. That's just my opinion though.

White Dragon
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll throw mine in here... and this is me being as unbiased as I can be.

1. Vincent Jackson never signs, traded by week three.
2. McNeil doesn't sign until after missing 10 games.
3. Matthews fights through injuries to have a decent season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip Rivers
QB Rating: 98.8% - Passing Yards: 4182 - Passing TD: 27 - Interceptions: 12 - Sacks: 33

Ryan Matthews
Attempts: 247 - Rushing Yards: 989 - Rushing TD: 5 - Receptions: 24 - Receiving Yards: 212 - Receiving TD: 3

Malcom Floyd
Receptions: 62 - Receiving Yards: 758 - Receiving TD: 6

Antonio Gates
Receptions: 92 - Receiving Yards: 1442 - Receiving TD: 11

Shawne Merriman
Tackles: 34 - Sacks: 7

Eric Weddle
Tackles: 72 - Interceptions: 3 - Passes Defensed: 6 - Sacks: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers Offense
Yards: 11th

Chargers Defense
Yards: 17th
Turnovers: 22nd

Chargers Regular Season
@ Kansas City (W)
JACKSONVILLE (W)
@ Seattle (W)
ARIZONA (W)
@ Oakland (L)
@ St Louis (W)
NEW ENGLAND (L)
TENNESSEE (W)
@ Houston (L)
DENVER (W)
@ Indianapolis (L)
OAKLAND (W)
KANSAS CITY (W)
SAN FRANCISCO (L)
@ Cincinnati (W)
@ Denver (L)

Finish: 10-6, Division Champions, 4th Seed

PLAYOFFS
Wild Card
NEW ENGLAND (L)

Pro Bowlers: Philip Rivers (Backup), Antonio Gates (Starter), Kris Dielman (Backup), Nate Kaeding (ST)

RaiderFanSD
07-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Philip Rivers
QB Rating: 98.8% - Passing Yards: 4182 - Passing TD: 27 - Interceptions: 12 - Sacks: 33

Ryan Matthews
Attempts: 247 - Rushing Yards: 989 - Rushing TD: 5 - Receptions: 24 - Receiving Yards: 212 - Receiving TD: 3

Malcom Floyd
Receptions: 62 - Receiving Yards: 758 - Receiving TD: 6

Antonio Gates

Shawne Merriman
Tackles: 34 - Sacks: 7

Eric Weddle
Tackles: 72 - Interceptions: 3 - Passes Defensed: 6 - Sacks: 1

Chargers Offense
Yards: 11th

Chargers Defense
Yards: 17th
Turnovers: 22nd

Chargers Regular Season
@ Kansas City (W)
JACKSONVILLE (W)
@ Seattle (W)
ARIZONA (W)
@ Oakland (L)
@ St Louis (W)
NEW ENGLAND (L)
TENNESSEE (W)
@ Houston (L)
DENVER (W)
@ Indianapolis (L)
OAKLAND (W)
KANSAS CITY (W)
SAN FRANCISCO (L)
@ Cincinnati (W)
@ Denver (L)

Finish: 10-6, Division Champions, 4th Seed

PLAYOFFS
Wild Card
NEW ENGLAND (L)

Pro Bowlers: Philip Rivers (Backup), Antonio Gates (Starter), Kris Dielman (Backup), Nate Kaeding (ST)

Nice predictions, very realistic. :salute!:

DancingHorsey
07-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

SD 15-1.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

And you were making fun of my predictions...:laugh:

You are predicting them to essentially be the greatest team in NFL history. Sorry, but you're an idiot. :laugh:

NoRingNoGlory
07-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Chargers will finish 8-8.

They'll be swept by Oakland and split with both KC and Denver.

Now that is so dumb I'm irritated

NoRingNoGlory
07-03-2010, 07:41 PM

We'll have to see what happens without VJ in the lineup but I trust in Rivers ability to spread the ball and still have guys step up as deep threats, just not as often as VJ. As far as being without AC and LT might as well scratched them from the starting rotation all year seeing that we didn't need them to win 13 games.

NoRingNoGlory
07-03-2010, 07:45 PM
LT was chased down 7 times last year by defensive linemen. He just didn't have it last year. Probably will never have "it" again.

I listen to NFL network on XM Radio and one of the commentators said the other day that LT normally is able to make the first player miss but not once did he make anyone miss last year that he could remember. Soon as a finger touched him he turned "RD"....which stands for "Rag Doll". If any of you cat lovers know what a rag doll cat does when someone pets it or touches it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. LT has gone down hill the past 2 years just as predicted, although many of us long time Charger fans were in denial.

DoJo Chargerfan
07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I listen to NFL network on XM Radio and one of the commentators said the other day that LT normally is able to make the first player miss but not once did he make anyone miss last year that he could remember. Soon as a finger touched him he turned "RD"....which stands for "Rag Doll". If any of you cat lovers know what a rag doll cat does when someone pets it or touches it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. LT has gone down hill the past 2 years just as predicted, although many of us long time Charger fans were in denial.

I remember watching LT last year and it felt like I was watching LT, but not watching LT. I just kept telling myself that he's saving himself for the playoffs, but never came to fruition. After the year was through, I watched some of LT's old games because, honestly, I forgot how good he once was and MAN he is a changed player. His knee injury killed his career, completely.

.....and people were saying he had no heart because he didn't play against the Pats. That knee injury was it for him, he's through.

ChargersDivison
07-03-2010, 10:41 PM
And you were making fun of my predictions...:laugh:

You are predicting them to essentially be the greatest team in NFL history. Sorry, but you're an idiot. :laugh:

Mine were not predictions. They were guarantees.

ChargersDivison
07-03-2010, 10:51 PM

Philip Rivers
QB Rating: 106.8% - Passing Yards: 4582 - Passing TD: 39 - Interceptions: 9 - Sacks: 18

Ryan Matthews
Attempts: 247 - Rushing Yards: 1589 - Rushing TD: 13 - Receptions: 24 - Receiving Yards: 212 - Receiving TD: 3

Malcom Floyd
Receptions: 62 - Receiving Yards: 1258 - Receiving TD: 10

Antonio Gates

Shawne Merriman
Tackles: 34 - Sacks: 17

Eric Weddle
Tackles: 132 - Interceptions: 6 - Passes Defensed: 6 - Sacks: 4

Chargers Offense
Yards: 3th

Chargers Defense
Yards: 10th
Turnovers: 6th

Chargers Regular Season
@ Kansas City (W)
JACKSONVILLE (W)
@ Seattle (W)
ARIZONA (W)
@ Oakland (W)
@ St Louis (W)
NEW ENGLAND (W)
TENNESSEE (W)
@ Houston (L)
DENVER (W)
@ Indianapolis (W)
OAKLAND (W)
KANSAS CITY (W)
SAN FRANCISCO (W)
@ Cincinnati (L)
@ Denver (W)

Finish: 14-2, Division Champions, 1st Seed

PLAYOFFS
Divisional
NEW ENGLAND (W)

Conference

NEW YORK JETS (W)

SUPERBOWL

VIKINGS (W)

Pro Bowlers: Philip Rivers (Backup), Antonio Gates (Starter), Kris Dielman (Backup), Nate Kaeding (ST), Hardwick (C), Merriman (LB), Weddle (S), Mathews (RB), Floyd (WR), Scifres (P), Sproles (KR), Jammer (CB), Castillo (DE), Siler (LB)

Fixed for you....

Nordstrom
07-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Look for the Chargers to be like they were in 2007.

except,

Rivers will be much much better.

Defense may be better, too.

SDERA
07-04-2010, 12:51 AM
My predictions... (With VJack and McNeil for most/part of the season)

Rivers- 3900yds, 28TDs, 12Ints
Mathews- 1200yds 13TDs, 38 rec 3TDs 400yds.
Gates- 70rec 1050yds 10TDs.
Jackson- 55rec, 900yds, 6TDs

12-4, lose Super Bowl too Dallas.

Without VJack and McNeil...I still think we win the division rather easily, and if they both come back mid way or late in the season it'll give us a much needed boost before the playoffs.

Bronco_Armada
07-04-2010, 05:00 AM
12-4 minimum if no major injuries.

Possibility of them going 16-0, unlikely, but think they have the best shot at that record.

Bronco_Armada
07-04-2010, 05:16 AM
My predictions... (With VJack and McNeil for most/part of the season)

Rivers- 3900yds, 28TDs, 12Ints
Mathews- 1200yds 13TDs, 38 rec 3TDs 400yds.
Gates- 70rec 1050yds 10TDs.
Jackson- 55rec, 900yds, 6TDs

12-4, lose Super Bowl too Dallas.

Without VJack and McNeil...I still think we win the division rather easily, and if they both come back mid way or late in the season it'll give us a much needed boost before the playoffs.

Dallas? Why Dallas?

Ya really picking your own team to lose the super bowl? Against my most hated sports team in the world?

-I would rather sit on a Tabasco bidet than see Dallas win another super bowl.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Mine were not predictions. They were guarantees.

And when they don't happen? What then? You going to go away? :D

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Possibility of them going 16-0, unlikely, but think they have the best shot at that record.

R u serious? :laugh:

girlzarefanstoo
07-04-2010, 09:27 AM
A Bronco's fan would think that. Charger's fans don't and we know our team better.

AC was crap. LT was unreliable the last 2 years. VJ is great -- won't argue his value with you, obviously we love him. However, we have good people waiting in the wings that have performed well and not gotten time because of our starters. Rivers will hit any target that is there for him to throw to.

Oh, and I think my prediction earlier was 11-5.

DishWater
07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I must say, the thing I've come to respect about Charger fans is they are dreamers.

If we were all 10 years old, with our heads in the clouds, I proclaim that this world would be a much better place.

Unfortunately there is that nasty little thing called reality...

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 09:33 AM
A Bronco's fan would think that. Charger's fans don't and we know our team better.

AC was crap. LT was unreliable the last 2 years. VJ is great -- won't argue his value with you, obviously we love him. However, we have good people waiting in the wings that have performed well and not gotten time because of our starters. Rivers will hit any target that is there for him to throw to.

Oh, and I think my prediction earlier was 11-5.

You sure about that? I'm starting to think Chargers fans probably don't know how to dress themselves, much less have any football knowledge...:D

SDERA
07-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Dallas? Why Dallas?

Ya really picking your own team to lose the super bowl? Against my most hated sports team in the world?

-I would rather sit on a Tabasco bidet than see Dallas win another super bowl.

You see thats peoples problem, they're so blinded by their hatred of another team that they fail to see things objectively.

Tony Romo is extremely underrated, the Austin/Bryant/Witten combo along with a budding star in Felix Jones and Tashard Choice, and the decent but not great O-line is good enough to get them in the top 5 in scoring. Also people forget they had a top 10 defense last year. Spencer is breaking out, Ware is a star, their D-line is solid. Only thing that needs to happen is their corners need to mature but they do have the talent. I see them winning the AFCE at 12-4.

All that said, the best team in the NFL doen't always win the Super Bowl....as anyone who's watched the Chargers playoff games in recent years can tell you. And of course predicting how the playoffs will unravel in July is stupid, maybe their kicker shanks 3 FGs and screws the whole team over in the divisional round....

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
All that said, the best team in the NFL doen't always win the Super Bowl....as anyone who's watched the Chargers playoff games in recent years can tell you.

Wow you people are delusional. :goofy:

SDERA
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow you people are delusional. :goofy:

We've come in with the best record in the NFL, and winning 10 and 11 strait as the hottest team, and one thing or another like...fumbling the game winning INT, shanking 3 FGs, injuries to Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman etc... Its always some jacked up bad luck that dismantles our SB hopes.

DishWater
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
We've come in with the best record in the NFL, and winning 10 and 11 strait as the hottest team, and one thing or another like...fumbling the game winning INT, shanking 3 FGs, injuries to Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman etc... Its always some jacked up bad luck that dismantles our SB hopes.

Explain to me how that makes the Chargers the best team in the NFL.

Justblaze2729
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Sypnosis of the chargers 2010 season

-Picked my many for this year to be "Their Year "

-Great season performance-...they show they can hang with the elite teams

- Get a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs to eventually choke in the playoffs and start the "There's Always Next Year " chants

And if any charger fan disagrees with this then they havent been watching the chargers these past 6 years

I Eat Staples
07-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

SD 15-1.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

Lol at first I thought you were stupid and serious. Now I realize you're just joking. Funny :D

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Lol at first I thought you were stupid and serious. Now I realize you're just joking. Funny :D

No I'm dead serious actually. Archive this thread and bump it end of the SB to emphasis my and SD's greatness.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 03:47 PM

In every season but one, you haven't even sniffed the Championship game. You've yet to make it to the Super Bowl a single time under the current regime. Sorry, but you're delusional if you think you've been the best team year after year and have simply suffered from some bad luck.

That's a joke.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
No I'm dead serious actually. Archive this thread and bump it end of the SB to emphasis my and SD's greatness.

Oh don't you worry. I look forward to rubbing your ridiculous predictions in your face as much as possible...:laugh:

baphamet
07-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I must say, the thing I've come to respect about Charger fans is they are dreamers.

If we were all 10 years old, with our heads in the clouds, I proclaim that this world would be a much better place.

Unfortunately there is that nasty little thing called reality...

LOL as if you donk fans don't do the same damn thing....:laugh:

one only has to browse the GD to get a good laugh or two.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM
LOL as if you donk fans don't do the same damn thing....:laugh:

one only has to browse the GD to get a good laugh or two.

There isn't anyone in GD that touches Rod's homerism. Not even close...

baphamet
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
this thread is hilarious, you donk fans who think you are gonna sweep us and go 10-6 this year make me laugh. :laugh:

we all know the chargers usually start off slow, we all know the donks have taken advantage of that the last two years (which is evident by the blowout losses the donks endured by the chargers later in both those seasons)

that said, do you realize you don't play the chargers until nov 22nd? yeah....i don't think that is gonna work out well for you. :smug:

good luck finishing last in the division this year, because that is what is going to happen and most of you will be long gone from smack by then so does it really matter? :coffee:

i do think that this could be the year the turds finally man up and beat us after 13 tries, we will see though.

baphamet
07-04-2010, 04:02 PM
There isn't anyone in GD that touches Rod's homerism. Not even close...

ROD does it to bait you into arguing with him and yes i have seen similar donk fans do the same type of stuff here in smack.

there are homers everywhere on every teams messaage board, to say otherwise just goes to show how truly delusional you really are. :coffee:

I Eat Staples
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Lol ok moron. :laugh:

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
ROD does it to bait you into arguing with him and yes i have seen similar donk fans do the same type of stuff here in smack.

there are homers everywhere on every teams messaage board, to say otherwise just goes to show how truly delusional you really are. :coffee:

Were we talking about GD or the smack section? I swear you ADHD Charger fans are hard to keep on topic...

baphamet
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Were we talking about GD or the smack section? I swear you ADHD Charger fans are hard to keep on topic...

does ROD hang out in GD? you mentioned ROD so one can only assume you were talking about the smack section, or do you honestly think there is no difference?

if you were actually following the thread you would have seen that i was responding to a blanket statement about chargers fans in general.

then you responded by saying ROD is worse than anything in GD.....

i think your reading comp is limited and before you try and insult me you should go back and re-read the thread and STHU.

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Lol ok moron. :laugh:

Archive it I dare you. When I am 100% right on my guarantees. Show what kind of man you really are and bump this thread and eat crow with the other clueless Donk fans.

I've never been so excited for a season. SD finally has a real team now. From 04 to 09 was SD rebuilding and we still were 3rd in the NFL in that span in reg season wins, 2nd in PO appearances and 1st in division titles.

Imagine SD now, not rebuilding?? YIKES!

girlzarefanstoo
07-04-2010, 04:39 PM
In every season but one, you haven't even sniffed the Championship game. You've yet to make it to the Super Bowl a single time under the current regime. Sorry, but you're delusional if you think you've been the best team year after year and have simply suffered from some bad luck.

That's a joke.
Want to compare the last 6 Chargers' years with the last 6 Broncos'?

didn't think so...

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Want to compare the last 6 Chargers' years with the last 6 Broncos'?

didn't think so...

The Broncos and Chargers have been to the same amount of AFC Championship games in the last six years.

girlzarefanstoo
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
The Broncos and Chargers have been to the same amount of AFC Championship games in the last six years.
Clever, but it still falls waaaay short. I won't trade my current team for yours.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Clever, but it still falls waaaay short. I won't trade my current team for yours.

No one's making that offer anyway. Why would Broncos fans trade for a dud franchise that has zero Super Bowl wins, and one Super Bowl appearance? Because they've had decent half-decade of a few winning seasons? Child please.

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM

I don't have a team, and I doubt you do either, unless you just purchased the Chargers.

However, there's only one player on the Chargers I would want on the Broncos, even though I don't like the guy one little bit, he's a damn good quarterback... other than him, I wouldn't want any other Chargers on the Broncos.

ERoyal248
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

SD 15-1.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

In your dreams ROD..

What bet you want to lose on this, sig bet?

And you Dolt fans call us homers, this is ridiculous.

chazoe60
07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
My prediction for the Dolts is 12-4 and they win the SB. I know that's not very smack-like but they're the favorite to win it IMHO. Now, they have to get McNeil back in the fold for this prediction however.
I just have this feelingthat this is going to be their year. I didn't like seeing them draft Mathews I think he will help get them over the hump :sad: let's face it, if they would have had a running game last year, they probably would have beat the Jets. Now, not all the running game goes on the RB, their OL sucked in the run game last year too. But, I think they actually put it al together this year and get it done. Just being honest, I'll hat it as much as the rest of you, and this place (smack forum) will be downright unbearable, but that's just my gut feeling.

I'm thinking of puting dome money on them to win it all preseason. That way if it happens I'll at least make a little cake. :smug: I'll be putting some money on my beloved Broncos as well though. I'm the eternal optimist.

RaiderFanSD
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I just have this feelingthat this is going to be their year. I didn't like seeing them draft Mathews I think he will help get them over the hump :sad: let's face it, if they would have had a running game last year, they probably would have beat the Jets. Now, not all the running game goes on the RB, their OL sucked in the run game last year too. But, I think they actually put it al together this year and get it done. Just being honest, I'll hat it as much as the rest of you, and this place (smack forum) will be downright unbearable, but that's just my gut feeling.

I think Mathews will help them get over the hump also... Chargers with a running game is scary, look what a running game did for the Saints. Here's to hoping we're wrong :beer:

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
My prediction for the Dolts is 12-4 and they win the SB. I know that's not very smack-like but they're the favorite to win it IMHO. Now, they have to get McNeil back in the fold for this prediction however.

I'm thinking of puting dome money on them to win it all preseason. That way if it happens I'll at least make a little cake. :smug: I'll be putting some money on my beloved Broncos as well though. I'm the eternal optimist.

This is why after we win the SB next year and chase all the other Bronco fans out of the Smack section. I will make sure you get a pass from my Charger fans who I am clearly the leader of. You will get VIP treatment while the other Bronco fans retreat to the movie forum.

But the rest of you Bronco fans, have been warned.

Chaz 4 President. Chaz reinstilling intelligence into Broncomania.

Kyousukeneko
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
This is why after we win the SB next year and chase all the other Bronco fans out of the Smack section. I will make sure you get a pass from my Charger fans who I am clearly the leader of. You will get VIP treatment while the other Bronco fans retreat to the movie forum.

if you all had a better HC then Turner, then you wuld be in a better place to win the big one. i bet you wont make it to the super bowl till turner is out and if you waste rivers on turner, then your ****ed.

chazoe60
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM

Thanks :laugh: Sometimes you just havt to be honest. And, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I hoped my honesty brought a little bit of "jinx" power along with it. :laugh:

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks :laugh: Sometimes you just havt to be honest. And, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I hoped my honesty brought a little bit of "jinx" power along with it. :laugh:

Hey that's uncalled for. I'm throwing away my I heart Chaz shirt for sure now. :sad:

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
if you all had a better HC then Turner, then you wuld be in a better place to win the big one. i bet you wont make it to the super bowl till turner is out and if you waste rivers on turner, then your ****ed.

As average of a coach as Norv is, SD did go 11-5 with him and to the AFCC game and ran into a 17-0 team.

They did go 13-3 last year with the 31st ranked rushing game and a bunch of injuries on defense.

In 08 they ran into the #1 defense and SB champs Steelers.

Norv hasn't been the reason we haven't made the SB. Is he a great coach? No but you don't need one to win SB.

Kyousukeneko
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
you need a better coach then turner to win the superbowl.

girlzarefanstoo
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
No one's making that offer anyway. Why would Broncos fans trade for a dud franchise that has zero Super Bowl wins, and one Super Bowl appearance? Because they've had decent half-decade of a few winning seasons? Child please.
Thanks for the compliment "Child please" as I'm over 50, LOL! AND enjoy the memories of year's gone by while we enjoy the current season and years to come.

White Dragon
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the compliment "Child please" as I'm over 50, LOL! AND enjoy the memories of year's gone by while we enjoy the current season and years to come.

As I will enjoy the current Broncos team as well. You see, the Broncos are my favorite sports team and I enjoy watching them play, no matter how good or bad they are. They could go 0-16 and I will have watched every game through to the end, because I love football and I love the Broncos.

I follow a team that has a very rich history and even when they don't do very well, I can remember their past. I enjoy watching footage from the 1960's as well as footage from last season.

I will always enjoy watching the Broncos play, no matter what.

girlzarefanstoo
07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
As I will enjoy the current Broncos team as well. You see, the Broncos are my favorite sports team and I enjoy watching them play, no matter how good or bad they are. They could go 0-16 and I will have watched every game through to the end, because I love football and I love the Broncos.

I follow a team that has a very rich history and even when they don't do very well, I can remember their past. I enjoy watching footage from the 1960's as well as footage from last season.

I will always enjoy watching the Broncos play, no matter what.
You and I agree totally on the role of the fan. I've followed the Chargers over 40 years. There's been a lot more down than up in that time. I love each season for different reasons.

Can't wait for this one!

Thors Hammer
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Chargers go 11-5, win the AFC West, and lose in the AFC Championship to the Baltimore Ravens.

Kyousukeneko
07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
9-7 will split with the raiders and broncos and will lose in the wild card

Beagle
07-06-2010, 08:57 AM
I will make sure you get a pass from my Charger fans who I am clearly the leader of. You will get VIP treatment while the other Bronco fans retreat to the movie forum.

The blind homer leading the bandwagon. rofls.

I am sure most of the Chargers fans on here completely disagree with you.

EddieMac
07-06-2010, 09:47 AM

Way to go Chaz, now ROD has a man crush on you. As we speak he is putting your face on his Phillip Rivers blow up doll and making out with it, after the tea party.

OK that was a bad visual.

Really though I fear that you are right in your prediction. The Chargers remind me of the Colts before their Superbowl win V the Bears. They were that team for years then broke through and won.

I dread that day on these boards.

DoJo Chargerfan
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM

what, in all of Norv's term in SD, makes you think that Norv wasn't a good HC? Is it because he's won 3 consecutive AFCW titles? Is it because he wracked up SD's first playoff victory since 1995? Or how about Making it to the AFCCG for the first time since 95?
Norv is one of the best playcallers in the NFL, and gets one of the worst reps because of his sturggles in Washington and Oakland. Actually, Norv controls very little defensively and that's been our struggles the past 3 seasons. We played a really good defensive game against the Jets, so I can't pin that game on the defense but we currently have one of the best offenses in the league and could score on everyone at any time and Norv is directly to thank for that.
I think it's funny how Marty was the brunt of all jokes when he was here but when he was fired and Norv was brought in, all the talks was how we should have kept Marty.

DancingHorsey
07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
what, in all of Norv's term in SD, makes you think that Norv wasn't a good HC? Is it because he's won 3 consecutive AFCW titles? Is it because he wracked up SD's first playoff victory since 1995? Or how about Making it to the AFCCG for the first time since 95?
Norv is one of the best playcallers in the NFL, and gets one of the worst reps because of his sturggles in Washington and Oakland. Actually, Norv controls very little defensively and that's been our struggles the past 3 seasons. We played a really good defensive game against the Jets, so I can't pin that game on the defense but we currently have one of the best offenses in the league and could score on everyone at any time and Norv is directly to thank for that.
I think it's funny how Marty was the brunt of all jokes when he was here but when he was fired and Norv was brought in, all the talks was how we should have kept Marty.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time...

Kyousukeneko
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
norv had the team built for him as soon as rivers retires the team will suck.

marty wouldn't be doing any better he is way to conservitive in the play offs

aka_lemony
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Okay, so I felt like just throwing this out there because I know it's going to irritate Chargers fans and their overblown estimation of their team, but this is how I honestly expect things to go. Enjoy.

1. Rivers will post the following stats (nice one first): QB Rating: 96.0 Yards: 4225 TDs: 27 Ints: 10

2. Ryan Matthews will post the following stats: Rush yards: 778 Avg: 3.5 TDs: 4 Receiving yards: 125 TDs: 0 (Turns out it was the Chargers crap run blocking after all.)

3. The Chargers overall defense will finish the season ranked 20th in overall D, allowing just over 340 ypg and 23.0 ppg.

4. The Chargers will get swept by the Broncos, and lose the division because of it, as both teams will finish 10-6.

5. The Chargers will blow their only playoff game, playing like crap as usual.

6. The Chargers' fans will continue to make excuses and try to explain away reality.

That is all. :D

haha hilarious and so true. It's a waste of time for the Chargers to go into the playoffs because they will just lose early on. Chargers fans are always ecstatic when they beat the Broncos, yet they never make use of being in the playoffs. They have arguably one of the best QBs and some great players but they have failed the past few years. Here's to the Broncos beating the Chargers!!!

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Way to go Chaz, now ROD has a man crush on you. As we speak he is putting your face on his Phillip Rivers blow up doll and making out with it, after the tea party.

OK that was a bad visual.

Really though I fear that you are right in your prediction. The Chargers remind me of the Colts before their Superbowl win V the Bears. They were that team for years then broke through and won.

I dread that day on these boards.

Eddie Mac you just got a partial pass after SD wins the SB and I have a I heart Eddie shirt. The Mac part will come when you fully commit to SD SB bound theory.

As for that one weird guy predicting 9-7 and split with Oak and Den and WC loss, lol. You are weird!!

A racoon would coach SD to better than 9-7 next year.

Brakshow
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Eddie Mac you just got a partial pass after SD wins the SB and I have a I heart Eddie shirt. The Mac part will come when you fully commit to SD SB bound theory.

As for that one weird guy predicting 9-7 and split with Oak and Den and WC loss, lol. You are weird!!

Keep in mind ROD that you are 2 SB wins and 5 SB appearances behind us. It will take more than 1 SB to knock us out of these smack boards, you have a looong way to go partner :D

:logo::logo:

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Keep in mind ROD that you are 2 SB wins and 5 SB appearances behind us. It will take more than 1 SB to knock us out of these smack boards, you have a looong way to go partner :D

:logo::logo:

Trust me, SD wins the SB next year, SD will have the advantage over KC, Oak and Den and this board will be 98% SD fans. Atleast the smack forum.

1 SB from the past year or past 3 years trumps achievements from decades agos.

DancingHorsey
07-06-2010, 07:46 PM

A raccoon might be an upgrade...:D

kishzilla
07-06-2010, 07:48 PM

ROD is already getting out the polish and they haven't even won the damn trophy yet :laugh:

DancingHorsey
07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Trust me, SD wins the SB next year, SD will have the advantage over KC, Oak and Den and this board will be 98% SD fans. Atleast the smack forum.

Trust me, when SD chokes in their first playoff game again, ROD will have some inane excuse as to why the better team lost. :D

EddieMac
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Great ROD is in love with me too. 'scuze me while I go barf. :D

Brakshow
07-07-2010, 06:28 AM

Nah thats just speculation mate. We wont be going anywhere; dont forget about the past 11 seasons you like to throw in our face. We are still here after all of that aren't we?

The Denver fans you see here arent the bandwagon fans you find in other fairweather cities (cough). Hence a SD SB win isn't gonna do much to the topography of this site

BGMACN
07-09-2010, 10:35 PM

:salute::D:salute:

Touche!

Amari24
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Trusting you is as low as trusting BP in the oil spill situation...

Jer_ber73
07-10-2010, 11:48 PM

I picked them to win over the Vikes last year and...........

calabose
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Archive it I dare you. When I am 100% right on my guarantees. Show what kind of man you really are and bump this thread and eat crow with the other clueless Donk fans.

I've never been so excited for a season. SD finally has a real team now. From 04 to 09 was SD rebuilding and we still were 3rd in the NFL in that span in reg season wins, 2nd in PO appearances and 1st in division titles.

Imagine SD now, not rebuilding?? YIKES!

yes, yes, and yes........surebud. and wut did you get for all yor runner up efforts? :brick: squat! just like wut will happen AGAIN this season!

Boltheads
07-22-2010, 07:00 PM
ROD is already getting out the polish and they haven't even won the damn trophy yet :laugh:Just like all the people buying #15 jerseys of a 3rd string QB. It's called optimism. Most people have it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think the Chargers will be as good as they were last year, but a cream-puff schedule will assist them in getting to 11-5, finishing one game ahead of Denver.

BOLTMAN-1
07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think the Chargers will be as good as they were last year, but a cream-puff schedule will assist them in getting to 11-5, finishing one game ahead of Denver.

I think the Broncos will be just as awful as they've been since 2007 where capital of Colorado is now called Collapseville :thumb:

Boltheads
07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't think the Chargers will be as good as they were last year, but a cream-puff schedule will assist them in getting to 11-5, finishing one game ahead of Denver.Who are the 5 loses to? I see 2...maybe 3 loses.

The Chargers went 13-3 with one of the toughest schedules in 2009. How do they drop 2 wins with a "cream-puff" schedule?

BOLTMAN-1
07-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Trusting you is as low as trusting BP in the oil spill situation...

Speaking of oil spills, how long before the carnage of the collapses is finally cleaned up in Collapseville Colorado? :)

BOLTMAN-1
07-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Who are the 5 loses to? I see 2...maybe 3 loses.

The Chargers went 13-3 with one of the toughest schedules in 2009. How do they drop 2 wins with a "cream-puff" schedule?

....and especially in a "cream puff, soft division"? We don't belong in this division anymore seeing as we have zero competition. Who would we trade spots with that is willing to join the suck crowd?

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 12:49 PM

So does that include the good Rivers prediction. I thought all you Chargers fans loved him?

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I just think it's funny how the Chargers have/had a really stacked team, but never did anything with it. They basically had the division handed to them 4 years in a row and epicly failed in the playoffs. And all of your self proclaimed best-in-the-NFL players are looking a little more like busts (Cromartie, Merriman, McNeill, etc). I mean really, you guys should get 6 free wins and sweep the diviosn every year, but you find a way to lose to bad teams. The Broncos lose to KC and OAK often enough as well too, but at least we're not supposed to be Super Bowl contenders or what not like the Chargers believe they are. I just think you guys have a very inflated and undeserving sense of arrogance since you've never really done anything of importance besides be fortunate enough to play in one of the worst divisions in the NFL over the last 5 years.

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Who are the 5 loses to? I see 2...maybe 3 loses.

I think 12-4 is more realistic. Pats, Colts, Texans, Titans, and Bengals should all give you a solid game. I think you'll drop 3/5 of those games and you'll probably choke on an easy game like you normally do. Bringing you loss total to 4 (at least).

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I think 12-4 is more realistic. Pats, Colts, Texans, Titans, and Bengals should all give you a solid game. I think you'll drop 3/5 of those games and you'll probably choke on an easy game like you normally do. Bringing you loss total to 4 (at least).You must be referring to our flop at home last year against Denver - because that was the "easiest game" that we didn't win.

You Donk fans are so freakin funny. SD goes 11-0 to finish the season and come from 3 1/2 games down to win the division, yet you think we will "choke like we normally do". But, you just shrug off your team's 2-8 finish and the fact that they failed to seal the deal two years in a row.

Think before you post.

chazoe60
08-05-2010, 04:49 PM
You must be referring to our flop at home last year against Denver - because that was the "easiest game" that we didn't win.

You Donk fans are so freakin funny. SD goes 11-0 to finish the season and come from 3 1/2 games down to win the division, yet you think we will "choke like we normally do". But, you just shrug off your team's 2-8 finish and the fact that they failed to seal the deal two years in a row.

Think before you post.

You can't seriously be denying that the Chargers almost always(especially early in the season) drop a game or two to teams they should beat? Come on man. Think before you reply.

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
You can't seriously be denying that the Chargers almost always(especially early in the season) drop a game or two to teams they should beat? Come on man. Think before you reply.You must be referring to the last couple of seasons when Norv Turner was forced to run the offense through a certain unnamed prima donna to keep the locker room in tact. Those days are over. Norv can finally run HIS offense - which may or may not be "run first"....depending on the opponent.

San Diego should EASILY go 6-0 and could actually be 8-0 before heading to Houston (where I think they will have trouble).

Come on man. Think......ooops, I don't have a fancy retort, so you got me there :D

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
You must be referring to our flop at home last year against Denver - because that was the "easiest game" that we didn't win.

Think before you post.

Don't get me wrong, the Broncos are grand king masters at choking late in the season (mostly because of our lack of run D), but the fact is that the Broncos were not supposed to even have a whiff of the division lead at all last year (or even the year before according to Chargers fans). The whole scenario where the Chargers had to come back from a 3.5 game deficit is exactly why I think they constantly underperform.

chazoe60
08-05-2010, 05:18 PM
You must be referring to the last couple of seasons when Norv Turner was forced to run the offense through a certain unnamed prima donna to keep the locker room in tact. Those days are over. Norv can finally run HIS offense - which may or may not be "run first"....depending on the opponent.

San Diego should EASILY go 6-0 and could actually be 8-0 before heading to Houston (where I think they will have trouble).

Come on man. Think......ooops, I don't have a fancy retort, so you got me there :D

If that's true then they have to prove it on the field. As for
now they have a reputation, which they've earned BTW, as a team that starts slow one coughs up some games they shouldn't.

All the guy was saying was that the Chargers will lose one game they shouldn't, you got all defnsive like that was out of line when clearly it is not if you think about recent history of your team. That's all man. Geez, he said you'd go 12-4, not 4-12. :laugh:

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 05:24 PM
If that's true then they have to prove it on the field. As for
now they have a reputation, which they've earned BTW, as a team that starts slow one coughs up some games they shouldn't.

All the guy was saying was that the Chargers will lose one game they shouldn't, you got all defnsive like that was out of line when clearly it is not if you think about recent history of your team. That's all man. Geez, he said you'd go 12-4, not 4-12. :laugh:Yeah, with all the injuries to both of our teams the last couple of days....I've been walking on pins and needles when it comes to smack talk. His post just seemed like a good opportunity to lash out with offending anyone. I guess when a rival fan says my team will go 12-4.....I should probably back off a little......

chazoe60
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah, with all the injuries to both of our teams the last couple of days....I've been walking on pins and needles when it comes to smack talk. His post just seemed like a good opportunity to lash out with offending anyone. I guess when a rival fan says my team will go 12-4.....I should probably back off a little......

It's cool brutha. I have lost a little bit of my usual training camp
optimism with the Doom injury. That one hurt because it's one of those "bad things happening to good people" things. Moreno will be back so I'm not overly concerned with that one.

Who on the Chargers is dinged up? I haven't seen.

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, with all the injuries to both of our teams the last couple of days....I've been walking on pins and needles when it comes to smack talk. His post just seemed like a good opportunity to lash out with offending anyone. I guess when a rival fan says my team will go 12-4.....I should probably back off a little......

just f.y.i. my standing prediction for the Broncos is 5-11. Most teams cough up a game they're supposed to win, it just matters a little bit more to the Chargers because more is expected of them and they've failed to produce a SB so far.

It'll be interesting to see the Chargers play this year without LT and Vincent Jackson. I've never really thought Floyd was that great, but you've still got Gates and Rivers. And yeah, you guys should (in theory) win the first 6 at least.

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 06:11 PM
It's cool brutha. I have lost a little bit of my usual training camp
optimism with the Doom injury. That one hurt because it's one of those "bad things happening to good people" things. Moreno will be back so I'm not overly concerned with that one.

Who on the Chargers is dinged up? I haven't seen.I couldn't agree more about the "bad things happening to good people" thing. The way he handled his contract was first class - unlike the three amigos in blue in gold.

Donald Butler (our 3rd Round pick) tore his achilles heel. There were high hopes for him to contribute this year - both on special teams and defense. Granted, it's not the same as the freak injuries you've guys have had to deal with......

Amari24
08-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I couldn't agree more about the "bad things happening to good people" thing. The way he handled he contract was first class - unlike the three amigos in blue in gold.

Donald Butler (our 3rd Round pick) tore his achilles heel. There were high hopes for him to contribute this year - both on special teams and defense. Granted, it's not the same as the freak injuries you've guys have had to deal with......

Yeah because a hamstring injury (for example) is so much worse than a torn achilies injury...

At least it's good to know, our guys will be back, and able to play this season..

ChargersDivison
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah because a hamstring injury (for example) is so much worse than a torn achilies injury...

At least it's good to know, our guys will be back, and able to play this season..

Doom is done for the season. And hamstrings could be lingering all year long and hinder players all long.

Den is much worse off than SD in terms of injuries so far, much worse.

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM

At least it's good to know, our guys will be back, and able to play this season..My point was that Denver has had much tougher injuries - especially to key players - and I shouldn't complain about a season-ending injury to a backup rookie. Then you had to go and gloat about it.

Tell you what.....I'll bite my tongue and take the high road. You can be classless fan - which is what we heard all the time from Donkey fans when Merriman got injured in '08.

chazoe60
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
My point was that Denver has had much tougher injuries - especially to key players - and I shouldn't complain about a season-ending injury to a backup rookie. Then you had to go and gloat about it.

Tell you what.....I'll bite my tongue and take the high road. You can be classless fan - which is what we heard all the time from Donkey fans when Merriman got injured in '08.

The only time I ever gloated about a Charger injury was when Norv had his face catch on fire and they put it out with that ice pick.

Sorry, that wasn't right. But damned funny. :laugh:

Boltheads
08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
The only time I ever gloated about a Charger injury was when Norv had his face catch on fire and they put it out with that ice pick.

Sorry, that wasn't right. But damned funny. :laugh:Someone didn't pass their Sensitivity Training Course...........

But, it was very funny!

chazoe60
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Someone didn't pass their Sensitivity Training Course...........

But, it was very funny!

No, I passed sensitivity training. I made the instructor cry, then I called him a sissy and told him if he didn't give me an A I would punch him in his lips.

berlownacyo7s
08-05-2010, 10:09 PM
The Broncos may have the edge in injuries, but the Chargers have their best WR (by a longshot) and their franchise LT holding out. (I have not checked the statuses of these two but that's how I last heard it). Add in a rookie RB and you've got a "injured" offense. I think Matthews will do alright, but he's no LT. This last draft was not very good for RBs IMO.

kishzilla
08-05-2010, 10:11 PM
the only time i ever gloated about a charger injury was when norv had his face catch on fire and they put it out with that ice pick.

ha ha!!!!!!

Southstander
08-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I think the Chargers will win the AFC West, and maybe a few playoff games, but fall short of a Lombardi Title.

Amari24
08-05-2010, 10:25 PM
My point was that Denver has had much tougher injuries - especially to key players - and I shouldn't complain about a season-ending injury to a backup rookie. Then you had to go and gloat about it.

Wait so.. me comparing an injury to your player to ours is gloating? Ok.. that makes sense... :rolleyes:

Just an FYI, I didn't have this particular account when Merriman got hurt, so I didn't gloat about anything.

Dr.Death
08-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Sorry, that wasn't right. But damned funny. :laugh::

Dude...that IS funny!!....chuckle-chuckle
peace:

BOLTMAN-1
08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
:

Dude...that IS funny!!....chuckle-chuckle
peace:

I'd much rather have a lunar landing moon crater faced winning HC than a smooth skinned craterless loser .

Dr.Death
08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Heh...Tom Cable reminds me of "Norm" on the show 'Cheers'....:beer:

BOLTMAN-1
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Heh...Tom Cable reminds me of "Norm" on the show 'Cheers'....:beer:

He actually reminds me of Paul Blart in the Movie "Mall Cop" (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bfpRkyFviaI/SYGvWnkwFvI/AAAAAAAABdI/c0tOz91aFwU/s1600-h/cable.jpg)

kishzilla
08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I'd much rather have a lunar landing moon crater faced winning HC than a smooth skinned craterless loser .

Unfortunately you have neither

Norvell Career record 94-102-1

I guess you'll have to stick with a losing HC that looks like one of those shrunken apple head carvings you make in grade school art.

http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/tv/ms_living_tv/2007Q1/tvs5322_l.jpg "DEEP BALL TO JACKSON!.............................He's not playing till week 11? DAMMIT!"