PDA

View Full Version : What Will It Take?

IgorBStrange
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Okay Chargers fans here you go.

I am tired of hearing how your team will once again win it all.

In my opinion they are the weakest they have been in the past five years. They lost a lot of veteran leadership and Norv, who is a great Co-Ordinator, is NOT a great Coach. If he was you would have a ring or two by now.

So I am asking all of you Chargers fans.
WHAT will it take for your team to finally do what the rest of the AFC West Teams have done? What will it take to get that ring?

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 12:48 PM

In my opinion they are the weakest they have been in the past five years. They lost a lot of veteran leadership and Norv, who is a great Co-Ordinator, is NOT a great Coach. If he was you would have a ring or two by now.

WHAT will it take for your team to finally do what the rest of the AFC West Teams have done? What will it take to get that ring?

A miracle...:D

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 03:27 PM

Show up... Simple as that. Best Charger team ever IMHO. Easily to. Not beat themselves, stay healthy and they are in good shape.

demonicbroncos
07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Show up... Simple as that. Best Charger team ever IMHO. Easily to. Not beat themselves, stay healthy and they are in good shape.

Mentally the Chargers have never shown they have the extra gear in the playoffs, always beating themselves and scapgoating a kicker. In the regular season they shown they have that extra gear in 2008 and 2009. I think the window is close for now. Its time to rebuild don't let it bother you chargers fans, Peyton Manning didn't won the superbowl with the coach that drafted him.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Dude you seriously need some anti-psychotics or something. You've suffered a break with reality it would appear.

baphamet
07-04-2010, 04:12 PM

plain and simple, it takes a team to make the playoffs and get hot at the right time. are you including 2005? because i don't think we are as weak as we were that year, especially on the OL.

even if we were, i still think we have a chance to go to the playoffs and win it all. we just need to get hot at the right time and stop choking in the big games.

that said, as a broncos fan feel free to follow the chargers all season to see how they do because we all know the donks wont be making the playoffs any time soon, so i cant say that i blame you. :D

baphamet
07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Dude you seriously need some anti-psychotics or something. You've suffered a break with reality it would appear.

no, you need some anti-troll flame baiting pills i think lol

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM

How am I wrong exactly??

Outside of maybe vs the Steelers, SD never truly was beat on a equal playing field in the playoffs. Even vs the Steelers is a stretch.

As for the other Bronco fan, sorry I think you have it the other way around. SD's window is finally opened.

From 04 to 09 was SD rebuilding.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 04:19 PM
How am I wrong exactly??

Outside of maybe vs the Steelers, SD never truly was beat on a equal playing field in the playoffs. Even vs the Steelers is a stretch.

As for the other Bronco fan, sorry I think you have it the other way around. SD's window is finally opened.

You lost all those games. Perhaps someday you can accept that. Perhaps someday you can recognize your team's shortcomings. Excuses don't suit a top-tier team, but then again they never have been that and likely never will be.

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
You lost all those games. Perhaps someday you can accept that. Perhaps someday you can recognize your team's shortcomings. Excuses don't suit a top-tier team, but then again they never have been that and likely never will be.

Excuses?? Why aren't you a millionaire? Why don't you play professional football?? Your answer regardless can be misconstrued as an excuse. There is no such thing as an excuse. Just variables of reality.

The truth is SD is an elite team and has been since 04. Only NE and Indy have won more games. No one has more division titles, only Indy has more PO appearances. The playoff success and SB's will come. SD isn't leaving the playoff picture any time soon. You know it and I know it.

Reality isn't an excuse. It's a result of situations.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Reality isn't an excuse. It's a result of situations.

Yes and reality is that the Chargers suck in the playoffs...

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes and reality is that the Chargers suck in the playoffs...

3-4 in the playoffs under Rivers sucks??

3-3 under Norv??

I'd say that's avg. With 2 of Rivers losses being games SD lost themselves, after dominating NE and NYJ.

The other was vs a 17-0 team on the road where they never lost, NE that is never lost at home until this season in the playoffs.

Then the other loss was to the SB champs at their place.

Not to mention vs PIT and NE was heavily undermanned due to a plethora of injuries.

All that considered, SD is good in the playoffs. Now they need to be great. And they definitely will. SD has to be considered the best team in the NFL going into 2010. Broncos not so much so.

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 04:35 PM

3-3 under Norv??

I'd say that's avg. With 2 of Rivers losses being games SD lost themselves, after dominating NE and NYJ.

The other was vs a 17-0 team on the road where they never lost, NE that is never lost at home until this season in the playoffs.

Not to mention vs PIT and NE was heavily undermanned due to a plethora of injuries.

All that considered, SD is good in the playoffs. Now they need to be great. And they definitely will. SD has to be considered the best team in the NFL going into 2010. Broncos not so much so.

excuses, excuses, excuses... the bottom line is that the better team won each and every time.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 04:37 PM

3-3 under Norv??

Those sure look like excuses my friend.

Oh by the way, being average in the playoffs has the same result as sucking: you lose...

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:39 PM
excuses, excuses, excuses... the bottom line is that the better team won each and every time.

There is no such thing as excuses.

That's a word used by losers who can't explain reality.

No the better team did not win each time. Maybe 2 of the 4 losses.

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Those sure look like excuses my friend.

Oh by the way, being average in the playoffs has the same result as sucking: you lose...

Weird because they sure look like the truth to me.

No sucking is Den who is if not mistaken since Elway 1-4 in the playoffs losing by a avg of 22 points per game.

SD under lets go with under Rivers. 3-4 losing by a avg of 6 PPG.

Sure see a difference

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 04:44 PM

No sucking is Den who is if not mistaken since Elway 1-4 in the playoffs losing by a avg of 22 points per game.

Sure see a difference

One thing is common though... no Super Bowls for either team, and the same amount of AFC Championship Game appearances.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Sure see a difference

Do they hand out trophies for losing by fewer points in the playoffs? That's news to me...

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Do they hand out trophies for losing by fewer points in the playoffs? That's news to me...

No not at all. But it tells me one team is on the cusp and is 1 play away from being 6-1. So they have reason for optimism, easy fix. The other team tells me they didn't even belong in the playoffs.

Their closest loss was 17 points.

You can see the huge difference. 1 team is right there ready, The other not so much.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
No not at all. But it tells me one team is on the cusp and is 1 play away from being 6-1.

One play away from 6-1? That makes no sense...

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
One play away from 6-1? That makes no sense...

They lost 4 games by a avg of 6 PPG. It tells me they are 1 play in each game away from being 6-1.

missed FGs vs Jets.

fumbled int late in the 4th vs the Pats.

Those are almost formalities. Not big plays. Mcree doesn't fumble and Kaeding doesn't miss. We are looking at 5-2, then with games vs Indy and the way we have had their number, we can go so much further with the predictions and go 7-2 with 2 SB appearances past 4 years and atleast 1-1 in the SB.

vs NE in 07, 1 play could of changed the game.

Alot of hypotheticals I get it. But this is reality. It shows me SD has had some bad luck, not been out classed, or out played, or over their head.

They've been right there, ever at their worst with a chance to win. So what happens when they play in the playoffs healthy at the same level they do in the reg season and not making the self inflicting beating THEMSELVES mistakes. They will be extremely hard to beat, that's what.

Sorry if LOGIC goes over your head.

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 05:34 PM
They lost 4 games by a avg of 6 PPG. It tells me they are 1 play in each game away from being 6-1.

missed FGs vs Jets.

fumbled int late in the 4th vs the Pats.

Those are almost formalities. Not big plays. Mcree doesn't fumble and Kaeding doesn't miss. We are looking at 5-2, then with games vs Indy and the way we have had their number, we can go so much further with the predictions and go 7-2 with 2 SB appearances past 4 years and atleast 1-1 in the SB.

vs NE in 07, 1 play could of changed the game.

Alot of hypotheticals I get it. But this is reality. It shows me SD has had some bad luck, not been out classed, or out played, or over their head.

They've been right there, ever at their worst with a chance to win. So what happens when they play in the playoffs healthy at the same level they do in the reg season and not making the self inflicting beating THEMSELVES mistakes. They will be extremely hard to beat, that's what.

Sorry if LOGIC goes over your head.

That's not logic, that's the 'what if' game. It's pretty plain and simple, the Chargers got beat by the better team, every single time. The Chargers are a perennial playoff choker.

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
That's not logic, that's the 'what if' game. It's pretty plain and simple, the Chargers got beat by the better team, every single time. The Chargers are a perennial playoff choker.

Yeah so KC was better than Den and so was Oak? So anytime someone loses they got beat by the better team?? There is no such thing as upsets??

If they lost to better teams, how are they chokers?

Stupidity should not be encouraged. Stop posting ASAP or be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Like has already been said. I have to concur. Chargers fans not accepting reality and trying to rewrite history. When you lose you lose. Making excuses as to why you lost and trying to still convince people that your team is the greatest things since sliced bread, shows no class. Be a little more humble. Fallible. Act more like you don't know everything there is to know. Be gracious in defeat and tip your cap to the winner. Be good sports. Get over those losses and move on.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Mentally the Chargers have never shown they have the extra gear in the playoffs, always beating themselves and scapgoating a kicker. In the regular season they shown they have that extra gear in 2008 and 2009. I think the window is close for now. Its time to rebuild don't let it bother you chargers fans, Peyton Manning didn't won the superbowl with the coach that drafted him.

And just whose window is more open in the division if the Chargers is closed??? I'm dying to hear your reasoning on this one.

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah so KC was better than Den and so was Oak? So anytime someone loses they got beat by the better team?? There is no such thing as upsets??

If they lost to better teams, how are they chokers?

Stupidity should not be encouraged. Stop posting ASAP or be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Anytime a team beats another team, the better team wins, that's why THEY WIN. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday (or Monday, or any other day for that matter). When a team wins, they are the better team, that's why they win.

Also, the Chargers choke because they're EXPECTED to win and they don't, thus the choking.

ChargersDivison
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Anytime a team beats another team, the better team wins, that's why THEY WIN. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday (or Monday, or any other day for that matter). When a team wins, they are the better team, that's why they win.

Also, the Chargers choke because they're EXPECTED to win and they don't, thus the choking.

I think your premise of why teams win and lose is very narrow minded and does not show a great understanding of sports in general.

The better team does not always win. It could be the luckier team that got the breaks. The healthier team. The more prepared team. The less conservative team. So many other variables. SD is expected to win for a reason.

So you really believe the Jags who beat the Elway Broncos in the playoffs were the better team?

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I think your premise of why teams win and lose is very narrow minded and does not show a great understanding of sports in general.

The better team does not always win. It could be the luckier team that got the breaks. The healthier team. The more prepared team. The less conservative team. So many other variables. SD is expected to win for a reason.

So you really believe the Jags who beat the Elway Broncos in the playoffs were the better team?

On that Sunday in 1997, the Jacksonville Jaguars were better than the Denver Broncos... that's MY point.

The better team ALWAYS wins, that's why they win. I don't think you understand what I am saying.

DancingHorsey
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM

This is where the difference between Chargers fans and Broncos fans really shines through. We accept that we were outplayed in that game. Should we have won? Probably. But we didn't. We were outplayed.

You on the other hand refuse to acknowledge what is obvious to everyone else (not just Broncos fans). You have been outplayed over and over again in the playoffs, several times on your home field. You can point at a single play here or there, and say "if only", but that isn't reality. Reality is that you've been outplayed every year you've ever been in the playoffs, every single one. That's why you have no Super Bowl trophies.

LSIGRAD09
07-04-2010, 08:51 PM

If that's what you want to call it.........:D

Beagle
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
There is no such thing as excuses.

That's a word used by losers who can't explain reality.

No the better team did not win each time. Maybe 2 of the 4 losses.

Thats funny because I was always told and repeat it to this day that "excuses are for losers".

You never hear a winner making an excuse for why they won do you?

Kyousukeneko
07-04-2010, 11:50 PM
if the chargers did not have marty who was a playoff conservitive and hardly won, and norv who is suited to be a OC not a HC as proven by the skins and raiders run he had with them, one play off appearences 1 win, when he got the chargers, he had a team already built and they have just gotten worst, he is the worst coach in the nfl. norv will only bring things down. he will not win a super bowl, i bet you would have by now if you had a a good one, you have had 4 years of should been there, that should prove enough the coach is horribly overrated

Tellway
07-05-2010, 01:00 AM
This is where the difference between Chargers fans and Broncos fans really shines through. We accept that we were outplayed in that game. Should we have won? Probably. But we didn't. We were outplayed.

You on the other hand refuse to acknowledge what is obvious to everyone else (not just Broncos fans). You have been outplayed over and over again in the playoffs, several times on your home field. You can point at a single play here or there, and say "if only", but that isn't reality. Reality is that you've been outplayed every year you've ever been in the playoffs, every single one. That's why you have no Super Bowl trophies.

Hey bro, do you want to borrow my sig, its all they can understand...

baphamet
07-05-2010, 09:50 AM
If that's what you want to call it.........:D

LOL that is kind of funny. :laugh: