PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Record setting Broncos

High Voltage
07-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Broncos haven't gone to the playoffs 4yrs (and counting) an row but lately this proud franchise has given their fans plenty of excitement.

2006, the Broncos become the 2nd team (that chokes) that losses after leading at home by 17pts to SD, allowing the Chargers to have back to back road victories after trailing by 17pts or more, an NFL 1st.

2007, Chargers 41, Broncos 3. The worst (beat down) home loss ever given to the Broncos in the history of the NFL.

2008, 2 Records here guys!! Broncos become the 1st team to (choke) the division title when having a 3 game lead with 3 games to play and also becoming the 1st team that losses the divison when leading it from the 1st game and only to lose in the very last game of the season.

2009, Now please correct me if I'm wrong, Broncos lose 4 games in a row after a 6 and 0 start and also don't make the playoffs these difficult and impressive accomplishments only tied NFL records right?.

Honorable mention, 2006 LT sets the NFL TD record mark and the generous Defense that allowed this was none other than the Broncos.

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 06:07 PM
There is only ONE stat that matters at this point. The Chargers and the Broncos are 1-1 since McDaniels has been the head coach. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bringing up stats of Shanahan's Broncos is totally irrelevant at this point in time, and shows a lack of smack talk imagination on your part. Is this the best you can do, in trying to incite mayhem and provoke responses from the Broncos faithful? I feel sorry that I needed to point out to you that Shanahan is not in Denver any longer, and Shanahan's Broncos' statistics don't mean anything now, or have any relevance with the current team.

The present score is 1-1. We beat you in San Diego. You beat us in Denver. That's all the history you have now with McDaniels' Broncos. And I don't want to hear "how bad" you beat us when you did. We didn't have our starting QB healthy, so basically played you with one arm tied behind our back in that second game. But the first game we beat you decisively, as you beat us in the second. THAT is the history between the Broncos and the Chargers that matters. How would it be viewed among Chargers' fans if the Broncos faithful were always talking smack about the Chargers based on stats from when Marty was the head coach? Or one of the other names from that never ending list of head coaches that have failed to get you to a championship? You would certainly be pointing that out to us, as I am pointing it out to you. Get it right. Think before you post. Now beat it...

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
There is only ONE stat that matters at this point. The Chargers and the Broncos are 1-1 since McDaniels has been the head coach. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bringing up stats of Shanahan's Broncos is totally irrelevant at this point in time, and shows a lack of smack talk imagination on your part. Is this the best you can do, in trying to incite mayhem and provoke responses from the Broncos faithful? I feel sorry that I needed to point out to you that Shanahan is not in Denver any longer, and Shanahan's Broncos' statistics don't mean anything now, or have any relevance with the current team.

The present score is 1-1. We beat you in San Diego. You beat us in Denver. That's all the history you have now with McDaniels' Broncos. And I don't want to hear "how bad" you beat us when you did. We didn't have our starting QB healthy, so basically played you with one arm tied behind our back in that second game. But the first game we beat you decisively, as you beat us in the second. THAT is the history between the Broncos and the Chargers that matters. How would it be viewed among Chargers' fans if the Broncos faithful were always talking smack about the Chargers based on stats from when Marty was the head coach? Or one of the other names from that never ending list of head coaches that have failed to get you to a championship? You would certainly be pointing that out to us, as I am pointing it out to you. Get it right. Think before you post. Now beat it...

History doesnt matter anymore now huh???? So since Josh has taken over for the Broncos the Chargers have won the division & the Broncos choked away a 6-0 record right??

I guess that using your logic that the Chargers are by far the class of the division & the Broncos are on the same level as the Chiefs & Raiders since they to split the season series with you guys.

I mean thats all that matters is what happened last year.....:D

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
History doesnt matter anymore now huh???? So since Josh has taken over for the Broncos the Chargers have won the division & the Broncos choked away a 6-0 record right??

I guess that using your logic that the Chargers are by far the class of the division & the Broncos are on the same level as the Chiefs & Raiders since they to split the season series with you guys.

I mean thats all that matters is what happened last year.....:D

It is quite obvious that the entire point of this thread is to put the Broncos down. That's it. And the points being brought up to insult the Broncos as a team are all things that happened during the time that Shanahan was the head coach.

Hey, every team turns the page when a new head coach and GM take over. You are beating a dead horse talking about Shanahan's Broncos. Neither one are in Denver anymore.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
It is quite obvious that the entire point of this thread is to put the Broncos down. That's it. And the points being brought up to insult the Broncos as a team are all things that happened during the time that Shanahan was the head coach.

Hey, every team turns the page when a new head coach and GM take over. You are beating a dead horse talking about Shanahan's Broncos. Neither one are in Denver anymore.

Well this is the smack forum isnt it??? Its not like there havent been many threads started up just to put down the Chargers or to try and get under the skin of their fans.

I Eat Staples
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
This is how you know the Chargers have no accomplishments to speak of.

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Well this is the smack forum isnt it??? Its not like there havent been many threads started up just to put down the Chargers or to try and get under the skin of their fans.

I have no problem with smack talk at all. We can take it. That's all well and good. I love taking pokes at the Dolts every opportunity. And honestly, I don't really care what you do. I'm pointing out that it makes you look like you lack imagination in your smack talk if you have to reach back to the last Broncos regime, fired two seasons ago at this point, to still have some smack ammo. That's what I'm saying. Can't you find anything more current to take jabs at? Come on, I thought you all were better than that...?

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I have no problem with smack talk at all. We can take it. That's all well and good. I love taking pokes at the Dolts every opportunity. And honestly, I don't really care what you do. I'm pointing out that it makes you look like you lack imagination in your smack talk if you have to reach back to the last Broncos regime, fired two seasons ago at this point, to still have some smack ammo. That's what I'm saying. Can't you find anything more current to take jabs at? Come on, I thought you all were better than that...?

I agree with you 100%....You should pass that along to some of your fellow brothers when as soon as they realize they arent going to win a battle out comes "well we have 2 Lombardi trophys so there".

Nothing that happened back then is going to help either team in the upcoming season.

White Dragon
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree with you 100%....You should pass that along to some of your fellow brothers when as soon as they realize they arent going to win a battle out comes "well we have 2 Lombardi trophys so there".

Nothing that happened back then is going to help either team in the upcoming season.

Can't argue with that, it's the ones who bring it up randomly in a topic that's only talking about what's current.

However, Chargers fans like to bring up the past as well, regardless if it's 10 years ago or 2 years ago, it's still talking about a past that has no bearing on the current status of either team.

I only bring out the Super Bowls when a Chargers fan starts talking about the past... namely, CD/ROD.

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
To each their own. I am not afraid to go toe to toe discussing the teams as they are today.

Pointing to Superbowls that a team has won is a team pride issue. It's heritage. But it has no relevance in the here and now. But history cannot be rewritten. The Broncos will always have won two Superbowls until they win another and make it THREE.

I don't have to look back to find things to pick on the Dolts for. That is easy. Alcoholics, Pill-heads, and team doctors that don't know how to keep track of the drugs they have been dispensing to the players, raising suspicions that there may have been some cheating going on there. Your pro bowl left tackle tells A.J. to screw himself. So does your team wino, and now it looks like they won't be available to play this season. Your city doesn't want you bad enough to sign on the dotted line and build you a new stadium. You may become the San Antonio or Las Vegas Chargers. Smack talking the Dolts IN THE HERE AND NOW is WAY too easy...LOL.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
To each their own. I am not afraid to go toe to toe discussing the teams as they are today.

Pointing to Superbowls that a team has won is a team pride issue. It's heritage. But it has no relevance in the here and now. But history cannot be rewritten. The Broncos will always have won two Superbowls until they win another and make it THREE.

I don't have to look back to find things to pick on the Dolts for. That is easy. Alcoholics, Pill-heads, and team doctors that don't know how to keep track of the drugs they have been dispensing to the players, raising suspicions that there may have been some cheating going on there. Your pro bowl left tackle tells A.J. to screw himself. So does your team wino, and now it looks like they won't be available to play this season. Your city doesn't want you bad enough to sign on the dotted line and build you a new stadium. You may become the San Antonio or Las Vegas Chargers. Smack talking the Dolts IN THE HERE AND NOW is WAY too easy...LOL.

Yes usually when someone like you realizes his team is inferior to the Chargers they try to bring up things outside of what is going to happen on the on the field. Yes the Stadium issue sucks but it has more to do with the economy and turmoil in city hall opposed to wanting to get a deal done for the Chargers. And your right im sure nooo Broncos players have ever played while on painkillers :rolleyes:. As far as AJ is concerned he has done more then most GM's have concerning re-signing his own players and not bringing in high priced free-agents. It has more to do with the CBA & the looming possible lockout as to why they havent locked up VJ & McNeil to long term deals. I'm sure youve noticed that the Pats & Colts havent signed Brady & Manning to long term deals yet even thought their contracts are due up after the 2010 season.

I guess its cause they no longer want these guys correct? It couldnt be about dishing out big signing bonuses & then having to paid them millions of dollors while they sit on their ass.

I realize all these things might be too complex for you to understand so if any of it went over your head feel free to ask & i'll try n explain it at even a level that you might be able to keep up with. :salute:

Alastor
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
History doesnt matter anymore now huh????

Alright. History matters.

Let's talk about history.

How's your trophy case?

You made the point that history matters. Can you Chargers fans own it, or are you just making loud death throes?

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I was pointing out that the subject matter for which the O.P. was ripping on the Broncos, is IRRELEVANT today because 1.) Shanahan isn't here anymore. And 2.) This is not the Broncos team to which you refer.

What you are doing is the equivalent of blaming the current president for what happened during the last president's administration. Same country. Different president. Same Broncos logo. Different coaches and players. Those things do not pertain to what is happening now. I'm trying to give you a head's up so you will sound more intelligent and thoughtful next time.

To a certain extent i'll agree with you but many of the players that were on those teams are still there now. A headcoach can only come up with the gameplan & call the plays but it is the players who are responsible for the execution and in the end control their own fate. To much emphasis is put on the headcoach. You can be the greatest headcoach in the league but if you dont have the players to get the job done it wont matter in the end.

Alastor
07-04-2010, 08:11 PM
LOL...once again did you even read the whole thread?? I was making the point that the 1st person who responded to this thread stated that History no longer mattered since Josh is the new headcoach and anything that happened before the 2009 season was no longer relevant. Comprende???

Fair enough.

On that I stand corrected. Leave the insults in the playground however.

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes usually when someone like you realizes his team is inferior to the Chargers they try to bring up things outside of what is going to happen on the on the field. Yes the Stadium issue sucks but it has more to do with the economy and turmoil in city hall opposed to wanting to get a deal done for the Chargers. And your right im sure nooo Broncos players have ever played while on painkillers :rolleyes:. As far as AJ is concerned he has done more then most GM's have concerning re-signing his own players and not bringing in high priced free-agents. It has more to do with the CBA & the looming possible lockout as to why they havent locked up VJ & McNeil to long term deals. I'm sure youve noticed that the Pats & Colts havent signed Brady & Manning to long term deals yet even thought their contracts are due up after the 2010 season.

I guess its cause they no longer want these guys correct? It couldnt be about dishing out big signing bonuses & then having to paid them millions of dollors while they sit on their ass.

I realize all these things might be too complex for you to understand so if any of it went over your head feel free to ask & i'll try n explain it at even a level that you might be able to keep up with. :salute:

Realizes their team is inferior? Not a chance! Are you telling me that Vincent Jackson, the #1 receiver last season for the Chargers being the poster child for Drunks Against Mad Mothers (DAMM), isn't a relevant topic to discuss and poke fun at? Come on. That's in the here and now. And I'm sure the Chargers faithful have taken great pride in thumping their chests over V.J. and what he has brought to the team. He's a guy to be proud of.

And Ellison, the Vicodin dealer you had to get rid of for appearances sake? Now if that is not a demonstration unto itself, as to why player character and doing your homework before adding a player to your team are important issues, I don't know what is?

And now the Chargers team doctors under investigation? Come on! What do you think anybody is going to say about that? That's smack ammo on an atomic level if you ask me. It's just one thing after another. If the investigation shows ANY illegal activity or not following proper guidelines, the team will be under a microscope and I promise the wheels will come off.

What about the whole Shawne Merriman vs. Tia Tequila drama that unfolded? Is that okay to talk smack about?

How about kicking L.T. to the curb the way they did? Is that okay? Let me know.

You are on a Broncos message board. You can't win here. Take your WEAK smack talk back to the Chargers boards where you have virtually no opposition. Beat it...

LSIGRAD09
07-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Broncos haven't gone to the playoffs 4yrs (and counting) an row but lately this proud franchise has given their fans plenty of excitement.

2006, the Broncos become the 2nd team (that chokes) that losses after leading at home by 17pts to SD, allowing the Chargers to have back to back road victories after trailing by 17pts or more, an NFL 1st.

2007, Chargers 41, Broncos 3. The worst (beat down) home loss ever given to the Broncos in the history of the NFL.

2008, 2 Records here guys!! Broncos become the 1st team to (choke) the division title when having a 3 game lead with 3 games to play and also becoming the 1st team that losses the divison when leading it from the 1st game and only to lose in the very last game of the season.

2009, Now please correct me if I'm wrong, Broncos lose 4 games in a row after a 6 and 0 start and also don't make the playoffs these difficult and impressive accomplishments only tied NFL records right?.

Honorable mention, 2006 LT sets the NFL TD record mark and the generous Defense that allowed this was none other than the Broncos.

I'm pretty sure in the 4 years you posted, your Chargers are 1-4 in the Divisional Round, 0-1 in the Championship, and 0-0 in the Superbowl. Not the best streak either.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Realizes their team is inferior? Not a chance! Are you telling me that Vincent Jackson, the #1 receiver last season for the Chargers being the poster child for Drunks Against Mad Mothers (DAMM), isn't a relevant topic to discuss and poke fun at? Come on. That's in the here and now. And I'm sure the Chargers faithful have taken great pride in thumping their chests over V.J. and what he has brought to the team. He's a guy to be proud of.

And Ellison, the Vicodin dealer you had to get rid of for appearances sake? Now if that is not a demonstration unto itself, as to why player character and doing your homework before adding a player to your team are important issues, I don't know what is?

And now the Chargers team doctors under investigation? Come on! What do you think anybody is going to say about that? That's smack ammo on an atomic level if you ask me. It's just one thing after another. If the investigation shows ANY illegal activity or not following proper guidelines, the team will be under a microscope and I promise the wheels will come off.

What about the whole Shawne Merriman vs. Tia Tequila drama that unfolded? Is that okay to talk smack about?

How about kicking L.T. to the curb the way they did? Is that okay? Let me know.

You are on a Broncos message board. You can't win here. Take your WEAK smack talk back to the Chargers boards where you have virtually no opposition. Beat it...

Cause no Broncos players have never had some issues with the law correct? L.T. is hardly the 1st players to move on once his better days were behind him. Merriman vs Tila really??? Ya that really hurt the Chargers chemistry last year didnt it? Yes your team is inferior to the Chargers in many areas & by far at the most important position. Im not saying the Chargers are without issues But I would much rather be in my position going into the upcoming season as opposed to what Broncos fans are going to have to be watching. I actually cant wait to see Tebow out there in the wildcat (unless Josh is actually smart enough to keep him out of that situation) and seeing a 260lb. linebacker make the hit that he took in college look like a pat on the back.

But hey keep on smacking at the Chargers off the field issues. Cause we both know that once both teams get back on the field one thing will be the same. Thats Rivers making your defense look like a 2-hand touch squad.

And btw never once did i even try to say the Chargers boards were better then yours we both know that isnt the case....so there you go there is one thing the Broncos have going for them better then the Chargers....a better smack forum...(=

Blitzmaster
07-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Cause no Broncos players have never had some issues with the law correct? L.T. is hardly the 1st players to move on once his better days were behind him. Merriman vs Tila really??? Ya that really hurt the Chargers chemistry last year didnt it? Yes your team is inferior to the Chargers in many areas & by far at the most important position. Im not saying the Chargers are without issues But I would much rather be in my position going into the upcoming season as opposed to what Broncos fans are going to have to be watching. I actually cant wait to see Tebow out there in the wildcat (unless Josh is actually smart enough to keep him out of that situation) and seeing a 260lb. linebacker make the hit that he took in college look like a pat on the back.

But hey keep on smacking at the Chargers off the field issues. Cause we both know that once both teams get back on the field one thing will be the same. Thats Rivers making your defense look like a 2-hand touch squad.

Let's go straight to the field and talk about it there. That's fine with me too. The ONLY thing you have in San Diego that arguably is better than we have on the Broncos is your QB. THAT is your strength. You have a gunslinger QB with a pretty quick release and an odd shot-put throwing style. Don't ever talk about Tebow's throwing motion. If Rivers can be successful with his throwing style, Tebow should ace the test. That is what separates the Chargers from the Broncos right now on offense.

The fact that you have that particular type of QB makes everybody else look better than they really are. Is your team better? NO. Your QB is better. That's it. Every other position the Broncos are equal to or better with few exceptions.

You have a very talented QB, and you have a punter in Scifres that can pin the opponents inside their 20 yard line with regularity, and more often then not, inside their 5 yard line. Those two individual players on their own influence the outcomes of games. The rest of the team? Yes of course they are talented. But Rivers makes it happen on offense. And football is a field position game, and having a punter like they do helps and doesn't usually leave them in a bad spot on the field.

Is their talent outside of QB (and punter) really that much better than what the Broncos have at those other positions? I personally don't think so. Your QB makes it happen. If we swapped Rivers and Orton, San Diego has no chance of winning the division. I'm an Orton fan, but I'm a realist.

QB's like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, etc., are a cut above and see the field so well that they speed the game up faster than what opposing defenses can respond to more often than not. That's what they do. They force their opponents to play back on their heels. Orton is a quality QB, but I don't see him displaying those intangibles in his own game, that speed the game up beyond what the defenses can respond to like those others can. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing it. I just haven't seen that yet out of him. So giving credit to Rivers here. He's a stud. HE is the force that makes your team go. You lose him, you lose all hope.

But are the other 51 guys on the Chargers roster better than their Broncos counterparts? Not to me.

Like I've said on other threads, The loss of McNeil is going to hurt. Tra Thomas is going to be a revolving door. Rivers is going to get sacked more. More offensive holding penalties. The run game likely won't be consistent either.

And losing V.J. HURTS the Chargers whether anybody want's to believe it or not. There is a difference between the Broncos letting Marshall go and replacing him with Demaryius Thomas (an almost plug in replacement 1st round pick), and the Chargers being caught off guard and having to quickly find another receiver to come in and replace V.J.. I wonder how that's going to work out? We will see soon enough.

And I don't think Matthews will have any more of an impact on the Chargers this season, than Moreno did for the Broncos last year. Rookie running backs statistically don't make much noise their first year. Why should Matthews be any different? Especially behind that offensive line missing their stud left tackle.

And that defensive line? I think the Chargers made a huge judgment error letting Jamal Williams leave their team. He's a special NT. Castillo hasn't shown me that he can play very well without having Olshansky and Williams around him. I think the Chargers will have defensive line problems, so therefore, the entire defense will struggle. Will they be able to stop the run? Will they be able to generate a pass rush? We will see. But Castillo hasn't played like he was able to when he had Jamal and Igor around him.

So it's mostly on Rivers shoulders to win because in my view, the rest of the Chargers team is a bit shaky. And it is my belief that if the Chargers get off to another slow start like is their tradition, this year they may not be able to rally and make up for it. Winning cures everything, but if the Chargers get down early in the season with some of the known disgruntled players in that locker room, it could get ugly. Just saying.

The Broncos overall are a better team, and we have our QB being groomed. He's going to be a Chargers assassin before long. Take that to the bank.

darth-hideous
07-04-2010, 10:10 PM

:confused:Really? no kidding when i signed up here i could have sworn it said Denver Broncos dot com, what are the odds bronco fans would be posting threads that were intended to get under the skin of opposing teams fans skins?weird who'd a thunk it?:O:duh:

oh yeah Blam!Blam!:helmet::helmet:

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-04-2010, 10:21 PM
:confused:Really? no kidding when i signed up here i could have sworn it said Denver Broncos dot com, what are the odds bronco fans would be posting threads that were intended to get under the skin of opposing teams fans skins?weird who'd a thunk it?:O:duh:

oh yeah Blam!Blam!

Was that really the depth of your input into the thread??? :rolleyes:

High Voltage
07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Can't argue with that, it's the ones who bring it up randomly in a topic that's only talking about what's current.

However, Chargers fans like to bring up the past as well, regardless if it's 10 years ago or 2 years ago, it's still talking about a past that has no bearing on the current status of either team.

I only bring out the Super Bowls when a Chargers fan starts talking about the past... namely, CD/ROD.

Yes the past is the past weather it happened 10 or 2yrs ago, the difference is the past of 2 or 3yrs ago is indicative of the team that you have now in Present times, were on the other hand there is absolutely no relevancy between these Broncos and the 1s from 12yrs ago.
Donkey fans either don't have the ability to understand this or flat out refuse to see it, either way anytime I see or read the "we won SBs" Chargers fans automatically know that the Broncos will be shining SDs shoes again.

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Let's go straight to the field and talk about it there. That's fine with me too. The ONLY thing you have in San Diego that arguably is better than we have on the Broncos is your QB. THAT is your strength. You have a gunslinger QB with a pretty quick release and an odd shot-put throwing style. Don't ever talk about Tebow's throwing motion. If Rivers can be successful with his throwing style, Tebow should ace the test. That is what separates the Chargers from the Broncos right now on offense.

The fact that you have that particular type of QB makes everybody else look better than they really are. Is your team better? NO. Your QB is better. That's it. Every other position the Broncos are equal to or better with few exceptions.

You have a very talented QB, and you have a punter in Scifres that can pin the opponents inside their 20 yard line with regularity, and more often then not, inside their 5 yard line. Those two individual players on their own influence the outcomes of games. The rest of the team? Yes of course they are talented. But Rivers makes it happen on offense. And football is a field position game, and having a punter like they do helps and doesn't usually leave them in a bad spot on the field.

Is their talent outside of QB (and punter) really that much better than what the Broncos have at those other positions? I personally don't think so. Your QB makes it happen. If we swapped Rivers and Orton, San Diego has no chance of winning the division. I'm an Orton fan, but I'm a realist.

QB's like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, etc., are a cut above and see the field so well that they speed the game up faster than what opposing defenses can respond to more often than not. That's what they do. They force their opponents to play back on their heels. Orton is a quality QB, but I don't see him displaying those intangibles in his own game, that speed the game up beyond what the defenses can respond to like those others can. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing it. I just haven't seen that yet out of him. So giving credit to Rivers here. He's a stud. HE is the force that makes your team go. You lose him, you lose all hope.

But are the other 51 guys on the Chargers roster better than their Broncos counterparts? Not to me.

Like I've said on other threads, The loss of McNeil is going to hurt. Tra Thomas is going to be a revolving door. Rivers is going to get sacked more. More offensive holding penalties. The run game likely won't be consistent either.

And losing V.J. HURTS the Chargers whether anybody want's to believe it or not. There is a difference between the Broncos letting Marshall go and replacing him with Demaryius Thomas (an almost plug in replacement 1st round pick), and the Chargers being caught off guard and having to quickly find another receiver to come in and replace V.J.. I wonder how that's going to work out? We will see soon enough.

And I don't think Matthews will have any more of an impact on the Chargers this season, than Moreno did for the Broncos last year. Rookie running backs statistically don't make much noise their first year. Why should Matthews be any different? Especially behind that offensive line missing their stud left tackle.

And that defensive line? I think the Chargers made a huge judgment error letting Jamal Williams leave their team. He's a special NT. Castillo hasn't shown me that he can play very well without having Olshansky and Williams around him. I think the Chargers will have defensive line problems, so therefore, the entire defense will struggle. Will they be able to stop the run? Will they be able to generate a pass rush? We will see. But Castillo hasn't played like he was able to when he had Jamal and Igor around him.

So it's mostly on Rivers shoulders to win because in my view, the rest of the Chargers team is a bit shaky. And it is my belief that if the Chargers get off to another slow start like is their tradition, this year they may not be able to rally and make up for it. Winning cures everything, but if the Chargers get down early in the season with some of the known disgruntled players in that locker room, it could get ugly. Just saying.

The Broncos overall are a better team, and we have our QB being groomed. He's going to be a Chargers assassin before long. Take that to the bank.

Well lets breakdown the areas of the 2 teams then?

QB: Thats an obvious one so no need to get into it.

RB: Knowshon hardly did much to show he was a star in the making & Mathews needs to show something this year so its pretty even between the 2 squads. Sproles is the X-factor that could give the edge to the Chargers.

WR's: Even without VJ the Chargers squad is more dangerous cause of the QB getting them the ball and the TE playing with them drawing so much attention so i'd say the edge goes to the chargers.

TE: Hardly any need to discuss this one & the Chargers picked up a nice addition with McMichael giving them book end receiving threats on the line.

OL: The Broncos have a solid line but lets see how clady comes back from his injury: edge Broncos

Defense

DL: you are banking on the addition of a player who missed an entire season in his mid 30's with a history of knee issues? The Chargers line is nothing to go crazy over but they still managed a 13-3 record with 4 DL players on IR

DB's: You have an all-pro who is another year older & the chargers have jammer who is solid but not on the same level. the other players are just complimentary pieces nothing to get excited over. Slight edge Broncos.

LB's: Great season by Elvis so lets see him repeat it this year. D.J. is a solid player too. Chargers LB's are solid even if a lil overly cocky at times & make bonehead plays but are capable of making solid contributions at times. Maybe a slight edge to Broncos but its pretty close.

Special Teams: Sorry this area isnt that close as the Chargers have one of the top units in all of football.

Unfortunatly for the Broncos the biggest & most important area on the field is the QB position & it really isnt even close. nobody on the current Denver roster is even close to the level of Rivers. There isnt enough advantages in other areas for them to make up the huge disparity in that area & this will likely leave them in a similar position of looking up at the Chargers at the end of the season once again.

I'm sure many will just wanna blast away at this post but it would be nice to see someone reply with some logic or statictacal reasoning to dispute the opinion stated above.

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 08:04 AM

Um no, no and no.

SD is better at FB, TE, WR, O-line, QB and could easily be better at RB.

We are better at DE, and LB as well as S, K and P and ST in general.

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Um no, no and no.

SD is better at FB, TE, WR, O-line, QB and could easily be better at RB.

We are better at DE, and LB as well as S, K and P and ST in general.

Interesting.... not head coach too? Surely you left that our, right? :thumb:

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Interesting.... not head coach too? Surely you left that our, right? :thumb:

HC to. Thanks for reminding me. HC and DC as well as OC and GM.

I give Den NT, CB and RB. I think that's pretty good.

I think DE is debatable. In the same regards so could NT be.

I even think CB is debatable and S.

The rest, not so much so.

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 08:46 AM
HC to. Thanks for reminding me. HC and DC as well as OC and GM.

I give Den NT, CB and RB. I think that's pretty good.

I think DE is debatable. In the same regards so could NT be.

I even think CB is debatable and S.

The rest, not so much so.

Why stop there? Cheerleaders? Stadium? I bet SD's hotdogs are even better!! Yet at the end of the year the SD squad will be sitting at home watching the SB on their Vizios just like us.... or did that deal go away when LdT went away??

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Why stop there? Cheerleaders? Stadium? I bet SD's hotdogs are even better!! Yet at the end of the year the SD squad will be sitting at home watching the SB on their Vizios just like us.... or did that deal go away when LdT went away??

Wrong... We will be in the playoffs unlike Den. We will be enjoying exciting games with a shot at the SB. This year we will be winning the SB.

Yes better Cheerleaders. Den has better Stadium. SD has better food.

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Wrong... We will be in the playoffs unlike Den. We will be enjoying exciting games with a shot at the SB. This year we will be winning the SB.

Yes better Cheerleaders. Den has better Stadium. SD has better food.

Being in the playoffs and watching the SB from home are two different things. :doh:

NFLfan..MLBzzzz
07-05-2010, 09:59 AM

Come on man is there any doubt about who has the finest cheerleaders in the league????

Oh ya and Vizio's suck!!! (:

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Come on man is there any doubt about who has the finest cheerleaders in the league????

Oh ya and Vizio's suck!!! (:

My exact point...

calabose
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
HEY ALL CHARGER FANS! use can all come and watch the super bowl at my party since your team will NOT be in it .....again this year, as always! Luv to hate you guys! .....AND all other AFC west team fans!

darth-hideous
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Was that really the depth of your input into the thread??? :rolleyes:

No just from one single post, you will notice i quoted it? Would you have me engage in an analytical diatribe, that I care not to; as i refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.:salute:

High Voltage
07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
HEY ALL CHARGER FANS! use can all come and watch the super bowl at my party since your team will NOT be in it .....again this year, as always! Luv to hate you guys! .....AND all other AFC west team fans!

Well only after and if we lose in the Playoffs, and Donkey fans are once again invited to come and support the Chargers as they make the run for the SB, infact you can come to SD and experience the playoff atmosphere that's been long gone and is not coming back anytime soon in Denver.

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Well only after and if we lose in the Playoffs, and Donkey fans are once again invited to come and support the Chargers as they make the run for the SB, infact you can come to SD and experience the playoff atmosphere that's been long gone and is not coming back anytime soon in Denver.

Sadly, that"s an invite thats gonna go both ways.... again.

DevilSpawn
07-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Including Broncos fans, of course. The Superbowl making part.

ChargersDivison
07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Being in the playoffs and watching the SB from home are two different things. :doh:

Chargers are a lock to be in atleast 5 of the next 8 SB's. We all know it. It's the elephant in the room. Lets address it!

ebsoria
07-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Chargers are a lock to be in atleast 5 of the next 8 SB's. We all know it. It's the elephant in the room. Lets address it!

:laugh:!!!!

Wait..... sorry. That was rude.

:laugh:!!!!!

I. Just. Can't. Help myself.

:laugh:

DishWater
07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Championship Rings (http://www.signaturestylejewelry.com/ss/live/)
Buy Just 1 or for your whole team!

thatkidhunt
07-05-2010, 12:40 PM

Yea. :paper:

:coffee:

IgorBStrange
07-05-2010, 01:38 PM

Okay, let's address it:

Norv Turner
c/o Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego, California 92108

Has to go to San Diego since it will not go anywhere else as it has shown. Elephants are very territorial and do not leave their territory, hence why San Diego cannot go deep in the playoffs?

Place all over box "FRAGILE, EXCUSES ENCLOSED" "DO NOT X-RAY-EXCUSES"

:helmet::helmet: (need I add the words?)

Oh, and a question for you Chargers fans.
Why is your city not trying to get a SB there again? What is this World Cup junk your city is pushing over hosting another Super Bowl?

Blitzmaster
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM

I don't think that's an elephant. I believe your deodorant quit working...

Kyousukeneko
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM

well it wont be for the next 3 years

Broncos724
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice try but the Chargers are tied for an NFL all-time low ZERO super bowl victories. I'll take 4 years of disappointment and you can have the 40+ years of futility. Deal?

VancePants
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
What's scary is a team that was forcasted to win a maximum of four games last year. Ended up with eight and almost made the playoffs with a new hc, new qb, new offensive and defensive schemes. So if I was a Chargers fan, I would be a little worried this year. All preseason forcasts and speculation don't mean anything.

ebsoria
07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
What's scary is a team that was forcasted to win a maximum of four games last year. Ended up with eight and almost made the playoffs with a new hc, new qb, new offensive and defensive schemes. So if I was a Chargers fan, I would be a little worried this year. All preseason forcasts and speculation don't mean anything.

Sure they do, if it means SD is forecast to win the SB. Then it's funny when they dont... again.

Brakshow
07-06-2010, 07:23 AM
I actually use these records as a joke when talking about the Broncos lately. I can handle a little abuse when it comes to a few poor seasons because I have my fond memories of 5 super bowls and 2 SB championships. The tides are gonna turn back to where they are supposed to be and we'll drop our 3rd SB win back in your faces :D

(only listed the SB's I was alive for :P)

High Voltage
07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice try but the Chargers are tied for an NFL all-time low ZERO super bowl victories. I'll take 4 years of disappointment and you can have the 40+ years of futility. Deal?

4yrs of dissapointment and going and going and going and going etc....

Eddiemac730
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
4yrs of dissapointment and going and going and going and going etc....

Disappointment....

High Voltage
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I actually use these records as a joke when talking about the Broncos lately. I can handle a little abuse when it comes to a few poor seasons because I have my fond memories of 5 super bowls and 2 SB championships. The tides are gonna turn back to where they are supposed to be and we'll drop our 3rd SB win back in your faces :D

(only listed the SB's I was alive for :P)

Good a sense of humor, however I got a newsflash for you, the Broncos have won 1 playoff game and have 1 divison title in the past 11 seasons and more importantly no bright future ahead, that's not a down cycle dude, that's just normal football business in Denver.

Now if the tide turning is based on the facts that come from the heart of Denver fans, then that is a different story.

Brakshow
07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Good a sense of humor, however I got a newsflash for you, the Broncos have won 1 playoff game and have 1 divison title in the past 11 seasons and more importantly no bright future ahead, that's not a down cycle dude, that's just normal football business in Denver.

Now if the tide turning is based on the facts that come from the heart of Denver fans, then that is a different story.

How educational! Also the same results as the Chargers = 0 SB's whats your point? My team is going to come around as soon as all your hype runs out (which wont be long).

Appreciate the homer response tho:incomplete:

High Voltage
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
How educational! Also the same results as the Chargers = 0 SB's whats your point? My team is going to come around as soon as all your hype runs out (which wont be long).

Appreciate the homer response tho:incomplete:

Give you facts and you bring up homer?....... Yup, thru and thru a Donkey fan.

A) Tell me something what has Denver done to turn it around?
B) How is San Diegos "hype" going to run out, this is after all the AFC Worst and for 3 (teams) reasons and the Chargers are not 1 of them.

And yes also the same results as far as SBs the only difference, SD is the contender while Denver is a pretender and it's lot better to be looking at a playoff picture after week 16 than the NFL draft picture.

Kyousukeneko
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
first of all the broncos brought in a new coach to make it better. they got a new QB, and have been working on bring talented kids who are good characters, they have been building a strong young offence, and a good D vet, i also believe Wink can do the job, he has a good back round on the D, he also seems to be getting raves from the vets, and people like his D. i belive you all seem to be very underrating this staff among others.

JMD is a great offencive Guru, but did you know he came on the patriots as a D coach before moving to the offense, he knows both sides of hte ball, and has a passion for the game, he is also good with QBs and has a system that works. it was proven in NE. he Brought in mike mccoy who is one of the best QB coach in the nfl, and young. he did a good job leading the O last year, and JAke Delhomme credits Mccoy with success, notice how mccoy leaving caused DElhomme to get worst, this may be mccoys first job, but Carolina runs the same type of offense that NE and Denver runs.

i like martindale, alot of the oakland raiders thought he should be the head coach and DC when he was there, he was the linebackers coach last year, and the LB core was the strength of our D.

i also like the fact that both the offence and deffence are going to be very complicated, which in my mind is a huge plus, due to the fact the most complex it is the harder it is to game plan again, or the easier the D will be able to game plan against, right now i would easily rather have the Broncos Coaching Staff then the Chargers, or most int he nfl

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
first of all the broncos brought in a new coach to make it better. they got a new QB, and have been working on bring talented kids who are good characters, they have been building a strong young offence, and a good D vet, i also believe Wink can do the job, he has a good back round on the D, he also seems to be getting raves from the vets, and people like his D. i belive you all seem to be very underrating this staff among others.

JMD is a great offencive Guru, but did you know he came on the patriots as a D coach before moving to the offense, he knows both sides of hte ball, and has a passion for the game, he is also good with QBs and has a system that works. it was proven in NE. he Brought in mike mccoy who is one of the best QB coach in the nfl, and young. he did a good job leading the O last year, and JAke Delhomme credits Mccoy with success, notice how mccoy leaving caused DElhomme to get worst, this may be mccoys first job, but Carolina runs the same type of offense that NE and Denver runs.

i like martindale, alot of the oakland raiders thought he should be the head coach and DC when he was there, he was the linebackers coach last year, and the LB core was the strength of our D.

i also like the fact that both the offence and deffence are going to be very complicated, which in my mind is a huge plus, due to the fact the most complex it is the harder it is to game plan again, or the easier the D will be able to game plan against, right now i would easily rather have the Broncos Coaching Staff then the Chargers, or most int he nfl

Cool story, you are the only one though. So good luck with that!

RaiderFanSD
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM

Not really... :cross: And our LB's were terrible in 08, but that may not have been because of Martindale. Either way he has no experience running a defense let alone and has worked with 4-3 teams for the majority of his career.

White Dragon
07-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Not really... :cross: And our LB's were terrible in 08, but that may not have been because of Martindale. Either way he has no experience running a defense let alone and has worked with 4-3 teams for the majority of his career.

I do believe he worked with the 3-4 last season.

What I don't quite get is how others don't realize that Nolan wanted to run a 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense and McDaniels said no, that he only wanted a 3-4. I do believe that was part of why Nolan was let go.

Brakshow
07-07-2010, 06:40 AM

B) How is San Diegos "hype" going to run out, this is after all the AFC Worst and for 3 (teams) reasons and the Chargers are not 1 of them.

And yes also the same results as far as SBs the only difference, SD is the contender while Denver is a pretender and it's lot better to be looking at a playoff picture after week 16 than the NFL draft picture.

Im guessing you're younger than me because im still smiling from our legacy in the late 90's. I agree tho that the smile is becoming more of a grimace come week 8, but whether I'm looking at a 2-6 or 8-0 record come BYE week I'm still 100% for my team.

I get annoyed by all the chargers fans I see in the breadbasket/NWestern states depending on how good they are doing that season. My point being that it is more the SD fans I meet around here that know nothing of your history or current roster that makes me hate your fan base. Not so much your home grown SD fans.

BTW- Colts fans are still by far the worst :logo::logo:

Kyousukeneko
07-07-2010, 11:32 AM

i was more talking about the broncos last year.

i don't think your backers will be any better this year, you should have keep howard and thomas moved them to the out side and had mcclain on the inside. but then again your d looks built in a 4-3 for size.

calabose
07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
kudos to blitzmaster!!!!! ROFLMAO!:salute!:

DarkHorse26
07-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Sorry to burst your homeristic bubble but you actually have to make it to the show before you become a contender.