PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt Smack Talking

england4broncos
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Came across some great smack from Gil Brandt in his live chat today:

If both Marcus McNeil and Vincent Jackson holdout until week 10, what would be your guess for the final standings in the AFC West?

Hi Ryan, if that were to happen, I think you'd see the Oakland Raiders at the top of the AFC West. San Diego probably finishes second, followed by Kansas City and Denver.

What a joker :D

I never realised that Jason Campbell was the second coming of Peyton Manning, probably because I'm from England :D

-Rod-
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Every offseason, Gil Brandt says the Raiders will surprise and make a push to win the division. He said the exact same thing in 2009. He is getting senile like Al Davis, hence the camaraderie. When the Raiders were reportedly interested in taking Bruce Campbell in the 1st round, Brandt rated him among the 10 best players available in the Draft.

Bobs My Uncle
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
He's not that far off. I think he'd be pretty spot on about the Chargers

Chargers have a couple easy games the 1st half of the year and a pretty tuff one going down the last 8 games- If they dont have those 2 guys back the first 4-6 games- yeah- I could see them to far buried in a hole and having to play that tough last 8 games.

I think we'll see the AFC West crown a new champion this year

RaiderFanSD
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
He's verrrry good friends with Al, so this doesn't surprise me.

DevilSpawn
07-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Came across some great smack from Gil Brandt in his live chat today:

What a joker :D

I never realised that Jason Campbell was the second coming of Peyton Manning, probably because I'm from England :D
He's actually the second coming of Kyle Orton.

baphamet
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
He's not that far off. I think he'd be pretty spot on about the Chargers

Chargers have a couple easy games the 1st half of the year and a pretty tuff one going down the last 8 games- If they dont have those 2 guys back the first 4-6 games- yeah- I could see them to far buried in a hole and having to play that tough last 8 games.

I think we'll see the AFC West crown a new champion this year

yeah the guy isn't far off with KC and Denver at the bottom but i fail to see the logic that SD will struggle that much early considering the weak schedule.

when the schedule does heat up, the chargers would likely have both guys back by then and likely be like 8-2 or 7-3 at that point.

i mean look at the schedule for Christ sakes lol

@KC
JAC
@SEA
ARI
@OAK
@STL
NE
TENN
@HOU
BYE
DEN

i see two maybe 3 losses at most in that span even without MM and VJ

don't get me wrong, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see the raiders on top at that point but i don't think it is very likely they improve that much this year, even though i think they will be vastly improved.

broncoFan!
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
yeah the guy isn't far off with KC and Denver at the bottom but i fail to see the logic that SD will struggle that much early considering the weak schedule.

when the schedule does heat up, the chargers would likely have both guys back by then and likely be like 8-2 or 7-3 at that point.

i mean look at the schedule for Christ sakes lol

@KC
JAC
@SEA
ARI
@OAK
@STL
NE
TENN
@HOU
BYE
DEN

i see two maybe 3 losses at most in that span even without MM and VJ

don't get me wrong, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see the raiders on top at that point but i don't think it is very likely they improve that much this year, even though i think they will be vastly improved.

Are you kidding me??!!! :incomplete: Denver is miles ahead of KC!! They are 1-1 with us at best when we fell apart. Raiders are 1-1 with us and at best they are 1 field goal ahead of us at the moment. When we were on top we destroyed them utterly. When Knowshon gets going, he goes. Like in the first Chargers game our run game was beast and so was :orton:! The only area we needed to improve we already have which is the secondary and we've gotten younger guys in there to stop the run.

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Take away Mcneil, Tolbert, Hester, Sproles, Matthews, Hardwick, Dielman, Castillo, Cooper, Siler, Merriman, Philips, Jammer, Floyd, Gates, Weddle, Cason, Vasquez, Naane, Kaeding, Scifres.

Leave on Rivers

SD guaranteed atleast 12 wins in 2010. Put all those guys back on minus VJ and Mcneil. 14 plus wins.

kishzilla
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Take away Mcneil, Tolbert, Hester, Sproles, Matthews, Hardwick, Dielman, Castillo, Cooper, Siler, Merriman, Philips, Jammer, Floyd, Gates, Weddle, Cason, Vasquez, Naane, Kaeding, Scifres.

Leave on Rivers

SD guaranteed atleast 12 wins in 2010. Put all those guys back on minus VJ and Mcneil. 14 plus wins.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-stupid.jpg

DancingHorsey
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM

Leave on Rivers

A brief summary of nearly every ROD post anymore: "Phillip Riverz iz teh bestest evarr!!!1!!!1!!!!"

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
A brief summary of nearly every ROD post anymore: "Phillip Riverz iz teh bestest evarr!!!1!!!1!!!!"

This ^

Except I would never spell it Evar. Bestest ever, definitely good argument for that I think. EVER!! Guy is just unreal.

Blitzmaster
07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
The Chargers are way over rated. They are going to have an epic collapse this year without the "magic pills" their doctors have been freely handing out to the Dolt players who apparently eat them like candy. That's not going to fly this year. Chargers are going down. The pile of crap in the off season just continues to grow for San Diego...

First it was "spy-gate".

Now it's "DOLT-gate".

:go:

ChargersDivison
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
The Chargers are way over rated. They are going to have an epic collapse this year without the "magic pills" their doctors have been freely handing out to the Dolt players who apparently eat them like candy. That's not going to fly this year. Chargers are going down. The pile of crap in the off season just continues to grow for San Diego...

First it was "spy-gate".

Now it's "DOLT-gate".

:go:

There's smack which is realistic.

There is stupidity which is exaggerated hyperbole tainted bait

There is delusional wishful thinking

Then there is this. Congrats on setting a new standard in ridiculousness. No one believe this, including you. Knock it off and keep it realistic.

Blitzmaster
07-06-2010, 10:49 PM

Then there is this. Congrats on setting a new standard in ridiculousness. No one believe this, including you. Knock it off and keep it realistic.

It's all smack bro. And you should be one to talk about spewing ridiculous blather homerism for your team. Hey, EVERY aspect of your organization is open to smack whether you like it or not. What's wrong? You can dish it out but can't take it? WEAK!!! If the Broncos doctors were being investigated for the same thing you would be all over it. Rules are rules. And if the Chargers doctors get popped for breaking them, then it has to be viewed that the CHARGERS were breaking the drug policy rules. This IS a current investigation, correct? No conclusion yet, but where there is smoke there is usually fire. Something happened. Pain killers. Steroids. I don't know what. But it IS fun rubbing that in your face as a proverbial Chargers HOMER that enjoys kicking sand in the face of our Broncos. Now eat some sand yourself. LOL. Beat it.

DancingHorsey
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Rivers : 46 tds 8 ints 122 QB rating 4856 yds. 3rd straight year leading in YPA.

Matthews: 1800 plus yds rushing alone.

Floyd 1235 rec yds 12 tds

Gates 1104 rec yds 13 tds

Naane 1023 rec yds 7 tds

Davis 776 rec yds 5 tds

#1 total offense and scoring offense.

Top 5 defense, #1 in sacks, #1 in turnovers, top 3 rush defense.

SD 15-1.

Beat NE in Divisional Round.

Beat NYJ in AFCC game

Beat Minn in SB.

Rivers is league MVP and SB MVP.

SD has 16 plus probowlers.

Easily sweeps AFCW.

Guaranteed on all of these. I'm literally still loling at Den sweeping SD.

Rarely has there ever been so epic a fail. :coffee:

IgorBStrange
07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
ChargersDivision is always making his "guaranteed or your money back" BS statements. Then, when he is total FAIL! he claims something like "I was a year early".

Just pure FAIL! like the Chargers in the past few playoffs. Excuses, excuses, excuses.