PDA

View Full Version : SD owns us?

calabose
07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
wow! Thats like saying "I can beat up my lil brothers"(DENVER,kc,oak) It dont mean much till you get off the porch(afc west) and do sumthin in the 'hood(playoffs) and walk in the big city(SB). 'Till then use will always be the premature dis-chargers.(HISTORY):incomplete: Be careful, little brothers grow up too!

P.S. wuts up with their logo/name? (bolts/charger) dont match.lmAO

Nordstrom
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
wow! Thats like saying "I can beat up my lil brothers"(DENVER,kc,oak) It dont mean much till you get off the porch(afc west) and do sumthin in the 'hood(playoffs) and walk in the big city(SB). 'Till then use will always be the premature dis-chargers.(HISTORY):incomplete: Be careful, little brothers grow up too!

Says the fan who watched Elway choke 11 playoff apperances before finally getting a ring.

calabose
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah......he has two. and hall of fame. and is on "all time GREATS list". Your qb's?

Alastor
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Says the fan who watched Elway choke 11 playoff apperances before finally getting a ring.

This was terribly pathetic. You'd have saved yourself more shame by rolling over and playing dead than by trying this one out.

Yeah......he has two. and hall of fame. and is on "all time GREATS list". Your qb's?

Dan Fouts is in the Hall and should certainly be considered one of the all-time greats.

No rings though. If you'd have stuck to the rings you'd be golden.

LSIGRAD09
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM

San Diego isn't exactly satisfying either.

You guys trumpet the Greatness of San Diego so much. You all say how much better San Diego is than Denver, year after year.

The results are the same. You make it to the Postseason, and lose. You guys might be the head of the West right now, and maybe for the next 1 or 2 seasons, although that is subject to change because there are so many factors.

The AFC West won't be a weak division forever, trust me.

Nordstrom
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
My Broncos Peeps,

The person who started this thread gave the Chargers flak for playoff faliures. I simply pointed out that the Broncos were in the same spot once, too. Broncos fans had to watch Elway choke, choke, choke.

Infact, if Rivers has seven more playoff losses before he's in Elway's choke class.

By the way, or Bolt logo is awesome. I'm guessing the team is called the Chargers because the original logo featured a horse.

JakeNbake
07-12-2010, 04:21 PM
My Broncos Peeps,

The person who started this thread gave the Chargers flak for playoff faliures. I simply pointed out that the Broncos were in the same spot once, too. Broncos fans had to watch Elway choke, choke, choke.

Infact, if Rivers has seven more playoff losses before he's in Elway's choke class.

By the way, or Bolt logo is awesome. I'm guessing the team is called the Chargers because the original logo featured a horse.

Elway wasn't surrounded by the type of talent Rivers is. Elway drug those teams into the playoffs on his back. Can't say the same for your boy.

Amari24
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
My Broncos Peeps,

Rivers has more talent around him than Elway did, what does that tell you?

Nordstrom
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Rivers has more talent around him than Elway did, what does that tell you?

Talk about beating a dead horse. That's the Broncos fans excuse for everything. The media said the Chargers had the most talented roster back in 2006/2007, and Broncos fans are still playing that old tune.

Rivers is the reason the Chargers made it to the playoffs the last couple years-- not Jackson, Sproles, Merriman, and definitely not LT. He's also the reason the Chargers went 13-3.

You guys are going to be so sad when VJ sits and Rivers still owns.

And, you guys better have your fingers crossed that Mathews is a bust-- or else it's donzo for Denver.

Nordstrom
07-12-2010, 06:26 PM
And you guys are trying to tell me that those 11 Elway led playoff teams had no business being in the playoffs at all. lol. They were obviously doing something right, then choked. 11 times. So give Rivers a break about choking until he chokes 7 more times.

High Voltage
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
San Diego isn't exactly satisfying either.

You guys trumpet the Greatness of San Diego so much. You all say how much better San Diego is than Denver, year after year.

The results are the same. You make it to the Postseason, and lose. You guys might be the head of the West right now, and maybe for the next 1 or 2 seasons, although that is subject to change because there are so many factors.

The AFC West won't be a weak division forever, trust me.

We say SD is much better than Denver?........... Last time I checked in recent times SD has decked Denver by almost 30pts a game in each if it's last 6 victories.
SD might be head of the West right now? .......... 5 out the last 6 yrs the Chargers have won the west including 4 yrs in a row and more important by far it has the better players in the division.

These are facts, we're not like Donkey fans, in other words "The Broncos will win 12 games this yr because we won SBs".....

McSmashie
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm guessing the team is called the Chargers because the original logo featured a horse.

:doh: And here I thought it had something to do with how California girls pay for their boob implants.

Silly me. :D

Amari24
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
We say SD is much better than Denver?........... Last time I checked in recent times SD has decked Denver by almost 30pts a game in each if it's last 6 victories.
SD might be head of the West right now? .......... 5 out the last 6 yrs the Chargers have won the west including 4 yrs in a row and more important by far it has the better players in the division.

These are facts, we're not like Donkey fans, in other words "The Broncos will win 12 games this yr because we won SBs".....

And we're not like Dolt fans, in other words "The Chargers will win the Super Bowl because we won the Division 4 years in a row"

Amari24
07-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Talk about beating a dead horse. That's the Broncos fans excuse for everything. The media said the Chargers had the most talented roster back in 2006/2007, and Broncos fans are still playing that old tune.

Rivers is the reason the Chargers made it to the playoffs the last couple years-- not Jackson, Sproles, Merriman, and definitely not LT. He's also the reason the Chargers went 13-3.

You guys are going to be so sad when VJ sits and Rivers still owns.

And, you guys better have your fingers crossed that Mathews is a bust-- or else it's donzo for Denver.

Stating the truth is beating a dead horse? Right...OK :rolleyes:

What happend after you guys went 13-3? You guys won the Super Bowl right? NOPE.... instead you guys did the same thing as 31 other teams in the NFL, you FAILED.

You guys better have your fingers crossed that Mathews is even half as good as LT, or it's going to be more excuses coming form San Diego..

BroncoFanBoy
07-12-2010, 10:24 PM

he had a horrible team around him until 1996. rivers, on the other hand, has plenty of talent around him.

High Voltage
07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
And we're not like Dolt fans, in other words "The Chargers will win the Super Bowl because we won the Division 4 years in a row"

Nice try... But unlike donkey fans, SD does have the talent to make it to the big dance, also unlike donkey fans this statement doesn't just come from the SD fans but also the football experts.
Infact as a humble SD fan I like to personally show my appreciation to the AFC West teams ownership for once again providing a product that will allow the Chargers to be within 2 or 3 wins away from the SB.......

Thank You.

theMileHighGuy
07-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice try... But unlike donkey fans, SD does have the talent to make it to the big dance, also unlike donkey fans this statement doesn't just come from the SD fans but also the football experts.
Infact as a humble SD fan I like to personally show my appreciation to the AFC West teams ownership for once again providing a product that will allow the Chargers to be within 2 or 3 wins away from the SB.......

Thank You.

Are you sure? Seemed to me like yins guyz have had this overflow of talent for a couple years running, but might be without two of your best players this year. Also it's been said SD has the best paper team a hell of a lot more times than in 06-07, those teams are hands down worse than 08-09's squads even my biased orange butt can see that. The only difference was LTs dramatic downward spiral in those last two years. You have to say that Phillis' game picked up to more than compensate for that.

Amari24
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Thank You.

If you guys have the talent to make it the "Big Dance" then why haven't you guys actually made it there yet?

Your Welcome.

kishzilla
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Thank You.

This does not compute...

You basically said "were awesome, you suck, I'm humble"

:laugh:

You are only one season removed from being 8-8 just like us. Please don't let last year get to your head. As quickly as SD rose from the gutter it can go right back into it.

If I were you, I would try acting like the moniker you gave yourself instead of the opposite.

RaiderFanSD
07-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I couldn't imagine this place if the SD actually won a SB.. :eek:

Amari24
07-12-2010, 11:13 PM

If SD won a SB I think ROD's post would have a little more relevance.

kishzilla
07-12-2010, 11:20 PM

ROD x ∞

What's funny is I honestly think that if they did win one next year, their gloating would only be able to last a couple years because one of the other AFCW teams would probably get one soon there after. :laugh:

theMileHighGuy
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM

Man that would be something! Talkin' Smack would be lonely for them for a while, till we realize we can say that we have two. :D

It would at least validate their argument about how good their team is, if anything.

BroncosFan0226
07-13-2010, 01:45 AM

2006/2007?

try 2006-2010? All we hear is how the chargers have the most talented team almost year in and year out. Yet the chargers simply cant win a superbowl, let alone make a superbowl.

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Man that would be something! Talkin' Smack would be lonely for them for a while, till we realize we can say that we have two. :D

It would at least validate their argument about how good their team is, if anything.

Are we actually talking about the Chargers winning a Super Bowl? Like it's an actual possibility? :laugh:

NYChick
07-13-2010, 08:10 AM

See signature below :)

RaiderFanSD
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
See signature below :)

Haha.. :salute!:

baphamet
07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
ahh trophy smack, thats new :rolleyes:

i couldnt imagain this place after the broncos or raiders win a superbowl, luckily i will never have to.

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 09:57 AM

i couldnt imagain this place after the broncos or raiders win a superbowl, luckily i will never have to.

All they have to revert back to, because anything recent isnít so shiny;)

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM

We do it because it keeps you dreamers grounded. It's for your own good. :P

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
All they have to revert back to, because anything recent isnít so shiny;)

And what exactly have you done recently? And please don't talk about division titles. It only confirms how sad the Chargers' standards are when you do...

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
And what exactly have you done recently? And please don't talk about division titles. It only confirms how sad the Chargers' standards are when you do...

If I cant talk about what we have done lately then you can talk about old ish. So now we donít have anything to talk about now donít weÖ lol

darth-hideous
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
If I cant talk about what we have done lately then you can talk about old ish. So now we donít have anything to talk about now donít weÖ lol

We can keep talking about what an ass hat, Phillip Rivers is thats recent; albeit irrelevant, but funnny nonetheless.

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM

The point is you haven't done anything. That you guys want to keep talking about division titles only shows that you haven't actually accomplished anything. No one cares about division titles. They care about championships, of which you have zero.

calabose
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
like they say "It dont mean a thing, untill they get that ring" cuz runner-up aint not never counted fer much......

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
The funny thing is I never said Div anything....
We are just better..

Amari24
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
We are just better..

Got anything to back that up?

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Got anything to back that up?

Cant find you in anyones top 10.... Anywhere

Amari24
07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Cant find you in anyones top 10.... Anywhere

The funny part is that your using opinions to defend your claim. :laugh:

Never knew that being in the top 10 makes it a 100% fact, that your a better team...

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
The funny part is that your using opinions to defend your claim. :laugh:

Never knew that being in the top 10 makes it a 100% fact, that your a better team...

How did both teams fair last year?

Amari24
07-13-2010, 01:40 PM

Last I checked we split and neither team won a Super Bowl.

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Last I checked we split and neither team won a Super Bowl.

Eh why bother, the wheel still turns.

calabose
07-13-2010, 01:45 PM

They both WATCHED the big dance! better? same couch!:salute!:

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
They both WATCHED the big dance! better? same couch!:salute!:

nawice.. But you warmed the seat for SD ;)

theMileHighGuy
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
nawice.. But you warmed the seat for SD ;)

We also ate all the wings and drank all the beer while you wasted your time chasing shonn green around :D

BGMACN
07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
We also ate all the wings and drank all the beer while you wasted your time chasing shonn green around :D

LOL! Now thats funny:D

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
We are just better..

Let's say that you are better. Okay. The Broncos are in transition. The Chargers have an established talent base. And yet we've still split with you the last two years and won the same number of Super Bowls as you lol.

All I can say is you better hope that Tebow never meets his potential. If we can split with you when you have a franchise QB and more talent overall, what do you think is going to happen when we have a franchise QB too?

RaiderFanSD
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
All I can say is you better hope that Tebow never meets his potential. If we can split with you when you have a franchise QB and more talent overall, what do you think is going to happen when we have a franchise QB too?

That's at least 4-5 years from now.

NYChick
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Watching the Superbowl sober with no beer bottle in your hand to catch your tears of shame for not quite making it all the way...again...and again...sucks! And those wings were GOOD!

baphamet
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Watching the Superbowl sober with no beer bottle in your hand to catch your tears of shame for not quite making it all the way...again...and again...sucks! And those wings were GOOD!

yes because being a fan of a team with no hope is nearly painless. i know what you mean, my team used to be hopeless as well.

baphamet
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Let's say that you are better. Okay. The Broncos are in transition. The Chargers have an established talent base. And yet we've still split with you the last two years and won the same number of Super Bowls as you lol.

love it when you donk fans use this argument, your team must be as god awful as the raiders as well, since they split games with you and all. :laugh:

also, your current broncos team hasn't won any SB's, not one person on that team or in the front office (besides your owner) had anything to do with winning those SB's.....so why credit them?

your team is inferior, they fall short of the playoffs every year and it is insulting to the broncos team that did win championships, to even attempt to mention SB wins and this current broncos team. :P

i hope he doesn't but i am not worried in the slightest. its not like our QB is the only thing separating your team from ours. our QB has already realized his potential and he has many many years ahead of him.

he can compete with any QB in the league, so even if tebow becomes a legit franchise QB we are not afraid.

also,splitting games with us means absolutely jack crap when we are division rivals.

the chargers split games with KC in 2006, does that mean the 2006 chiefs were on par with them?

that is one hell of a stupid argument if i have ever seen one. especially when you consider each time you have beat us in the last 5 years, it was followed up by an epic beat down by the chargers later in the year as well as the chargers taking the division away from you. :smug:

baphamet
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
oh and i almost forgot....

in 1997 the 4-12 raiders split games with the world championship broncos....the raiders must have been on par with them that year as well? :rolleyes:

seriously, stop using that lame argument....its embarrassing to your fellow more knowledgeable fans. :smug:

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM

in 1997 the 4-12 raiders split games with the world championship broncos....the raiders must have been on par with them that year as well? :rolleyes:

seriously, stop using that lame argument....its embarrassing to your fellow more knowledgeable fans. :smug:

I still say Den is 10-6 and into the playoffs this year. Last year or the year before dont matter for this year. Neither does 1997.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:05 PM

That's just as bad as trying to prove how a team is superior through top 10 rankings or not.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I still say Den is 10-6 and into the playoffs this year. Last year or the year before dont matter for this year. Neither does 1997.

Dude, they have the worst team ever this year...they are going to be stinky.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM

And what statistical data do you base this on? Or are you still following ROD around like a sick puppy?

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
And what statistical data do you base this on? Or are you still following ROD around like a sick puppy?

How can I base that on any statistics, as they have yet to play the season? I base it on my personal (and knowledgable) observances. Donkeys have not been good for awhile, but they are absolutely one of the NFL worst this season.

Beagle
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by DancingHorsey

love it when you donk fans use this argument, your team must be as god awful as the raiders as well, since they split games with you and all.
Huh? He said SanDiego was the better team in the first sentence so that not only makes your argument unessasary but rodiculas.

also, your current broncos team hasn't won any SB's, not one person on that team or in the front office (besides your owner) had anything to do with winning those SB's.....so why credit them?
your team is inferior, they fall short of the playoffs every year and it is insulting to the broncos team that did win championships, to even attempt to mention SB wins and this current broncos team.
He didn't mention the Broncos superbowls you did. Inferiority complex much?

If you quote someone and reply and it has nothing to do with anything the quoted person says..you might be a dumbass.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
How can I base that on any statistics, as they have yet to play the season? I base it on my personal (and knowledgable) observances. Donkeys have not been good for awhile, but they are absolutely one of the NFL worst this season.

Alright then lets hear your "knowledgable" observances. Or are you one of those SD fans who just screams to anybody who will listen "the broncos suck!!!" without any facts or at least educated guesses?

broncoFan!
07-13-2010, 07:23 PM

So this is what Jamie Dukes does in his freetime. LOL you just got Tebowned.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Alright then lets hear your "knowledgable" observances. Or are you one of those SD fans who just screams to anybody who will listen "the broncos suck!!!" without any facts or at least educated guesses?

Defense will take a hit without Nolan leading.....A very knowledgable observance.

WR corp is one of the worst in the NFL.

RB corp does not have a star.

QB.....lol.

Scheffler was a stud at TE (catching).

I think Josh will drag the team down deeper into the muck every year that he is there tbqh.

Ownership even seems more confused than confident lately.

broncoFan!
07-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Defense will take a hit without Nolan leading.....A very knowledgable observance.

QB.....lol.

I think Josh will drag the team down deeper into the muck every year that he is there tbqh.

How dare you. Ingle Martin laughs at you. http://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/college/1aa/payton_2005/action/4533.jpg

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
So this is what Jamie Dukes does in his freetime. LOL you just got Tebowned.

I got Tebowned? Does that mean I just got circumcised in a 3rd world nation over Spring Break? Did I just cry for the umpteenth time on National TV? Did I just get selected in the draft wwwwwwaaaayyyyyyy too early? Have I not come out of the closet yet? Am I picking up a paycheck for sitting on my couch? Am I good at some things, but not great at anything? Do I have a hot girlfriend, but I dont know what to do with her? Did I continuously try to overcome and alter my throwing motion that has made me who I am ( a stellar COLLEGE QB) ?

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:38 PM

QB.....lol.

Wow you mentioned Nolan....

And please don't talk about our RB corp, look at yours first. Moreno-Buckhalter > All your RBs..

Gaffney is better than every WR you have on your team if VJ doesn't come back.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow you mentioned Nolan....

And please don't talk about our RB corp, look at yours first. Moreno-Buckhalter > All your RBs..

Gaffney is better than every WR you have on your team if VJ doesn't come back.

You are a wrong....Gaffney is average, and that is stretching it (YOU KNOW THIS!!!).

Dude, everyone outside of Denver is thinking RM is going to have a very big year (his rookie year nonetheless). Ill take RM over KM any day, and dont even ask about Sproles over Buckhoser.

broncoFan!
07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I got Tebowned? Does that mean I just got circumcised in a 3rd world nation over Spring Break? Did I just cry for the umpteenth time on National TV? Did I just get selected in the draft wwwwwwaaaayyyyyyy too early? Have I not come out of the closet yet? Am I picking up a paycheck for sitting on my couch? Am I good at some things, but not great at anything? Do I have a hot girlfriend, but I dont know what to do with her? Did I continuously try to overcome and alter my throwing motion that has made me who I am ( a stellar COLLEGE QB) ?

Tebow doesn't work. His very sustenance holds the earth together. Tebow doesn't cry, and if he did Lukemia, cancer, and world hunger would be solved. When Jesus's desciples saw a ghost walking on the water, it was really Tim Tebow. In 6 days the earth was created, and on the 7th Tim Tebow rested. Tim Tebow doesn't need to throw the ball just moves where he directs it. Tim Tebow doesn't have sex with his girlfriend, she sits and stares in awe of him.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Tebow doesn't work. His very sustenance holds the earth together. Tebow doesn't cry, and if he did Lukemia, cancer, and world hunger would be solved. When Jesus's desciples saw a ghost walking on the water, it was really Tim Tebow. In 6 days the earth was created, and on the 7th Tim Tebow rested. Tim Tebow doesn't need to throw the ball just moves where he directs it. Tim Tebow doesn't have sex with his girlfriend, she sits and stares in awe of him.

Uh-huh...Its funny and all, in a Chuck Norrisy-Internetty kinda way, but dude, you got a QB that will not be in the NFL in 4 years. (Unless he goes off the deep end and develops a crack and sex addiction, joins a gang, and becomes overweight...then the Raiders may sign him long term).

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
You are a wrong....Gaffney is average, and that is stretching it (YOU KNOW THIS!!!).

Dude, everyone outside of Denver is thinking RM is going to have a very big year (his rookie year nonetheless). Ill take RM over KM any day, and dont even ask about Sproles over Buckhoser.

Gaffney is very underrated which is why I won't take you serious.

And what do you mean he's average? What's Floyd then, Elite? LOL

Ryan who? What has he done? Lol at Sproles. He's only useful in receiving and Special Teams, other than that, he's useless..

Buckhalter > Sproles, as a RB

So is Knowshon for that matter..

broncoFan!
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Uh-huh...Its funny and all, in a Chuck Norrisy-Internetty kinda way, but dude, you got a QB that will not be in the NFL in 4 years. (Unless he goes off the deep end and develops a crack and sex addiction, joins a gang, and becomes overweight...then the Raiders may sign him long term).

Chuck Norris once met Tim Tebow. His head blew up from mere excitement.
Tim Tebow>Chuck Norris Tim Tebow>Sanchez Tim Tebow>Brian Volek Tim Tebow>Jason Campbell Tim Tebow> Jamarcuss Russell

Enough said.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM

QB.....lol.

Nolan looked lost at the end of the season. Offenses figured his simple schemes out and the Def faltered leading directly to a 2-8 finish. Our D-line will have better rotation and our other areas on Def are better than yours so you cant talk. Not very knowledgable.

Moreno and Buck are a good tandem and Moreno will improve a lot his 2nd year. MOST rookie RB struggle their rookie year. Also not very knowledgable.

Our WR core is probably middle of the road even without BM. Royal will probably be used according to his strengths this year and Gaffney and the other WR's will benefit from dispersement. Cant say about the rookies but they show promise and may very well be very good players for our team by the middle of next season.

Our QB threw for nearly 4000 yds and i cant remember how many but few int's. He isnt flashy but he is smart and doesnt turn the ball over. Along with our BETTER Def and a better understanding of the system he will probably flourish.

Any other "knowledgable" observances?

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM

Ryan who? What has he done? Lol at Sproles. He's only useful in receiving and Special Teams, other than that, he's useless..

This is all you need to concern yourself with:

Everyone realizes Norv Turner knows how to direct a good passing game, but he also loves having a big running back who can control the game and force teams to defend the box -- which he did not have last year. With the addition of RB Ryan Mathews, Turner has his man and will make the already explosive Chargers even more dynamic.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8191ab4e/article/breaking-down-afc-picture-has-dolphins-making-big-jump

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
This is all you need to concern yourself with:

Everyone realizes Norv Turner knows how to direct a good passing game, but he also loves having a big running back who can control the game and force teams to defend the box -- which he did not have last year. With the addition of RB Ryan Mathews, Turner has his man and will make the already explosive Chargers even more dynamic.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8191ab4e/article/breaking-down-afc-picture-has-dolphins-making-big-jump

Where's the proof that Mathews will be good?

What has he done?

NOTHING.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Nolan looked lost at the end of the season. Offenses figured his simple schemes out and the Def faltered leading directly to a 2-8 finish. Our D-line will have better rotation and our other areas on Def are better than yours so you cant talk. Not very knowledgable.

Moreno and Buck are a good tandem and Moreno will improve a lot his 2nd year. MOST rookie RB struggle their rookie year. Also not very knowledgable.

Our WR core is probably middle of the road even without BM. Royal will probably be used according to his strengths this year and Gaffney and the other WR's will benefit from dispersement. Cant say about the rookies but they show promise and may very well be very good players for our team by the middle of next season.

Our QB threw for nearly 4000 yds and i cant remember how many but few int's. He isnt flashy but he is smart and doesnt turn the ball over. Along with our BETTER Def and a better understanding of the system he will probably flourish.

Ever hear the term "Sophomore Slump?"

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM

Orton, only threw 12 interceptions I believe. One of those coming from a throw up before half time against Washington I think.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 07:59 PM

Ever hear the term "Bust"?

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 08:01 PM

LOL...Every roster has their share of "Underrated WR's". I like Naanee much more than Gaffney tbh. Floyd will be a top tier WR by seasons end.....ESPECIALLY if VJax sits out. Rivers is that good. Everyone who knows and watches FB knows that RM is going to be very very good. You dont...thats okay, Im not gonna pass judgement there. And Sproles is much greater as a RB than Buckhalter for one reason only...have you ever heard of defenses game planning for Buckhoser? In fact, there isnt much on the Denver O that defenses are really gonna hafta spend too much time game planning for...piece o' cake really.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM

Ya and it typically applies to QB's not RB's. Moreno could possibly get 1200 yds this season simply because of the absence of BM. Not forcefeeding him will open up other avenues on offense.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Orton, only threw 12 interceptions I believe. One of those coming from a throw up before half time against Washington I think.

I think that was against dallas and that was his first of the season. But ya thats the point.

Jer_ber73
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
LOL...Every roster has their share of "Underrated WR's". I like Naanee much more than Gaffney tbh. Floyd will be a top tier WR by seasons end.....ESPECIALLY if VJax sits out. Rivers is that good. Everyone who knows and watches FB knows that RM is going to be very very good. You dont...thats okay, Im not gonna pass judgement there. And Sproles is much greater as a RB than Buckhalter for one reason only...have you ever heard of defenses game planning for Buckhoser? In fact, there isnt much on the Denver O that defenses are really gonna hafta spend too much time game planning for...piece o' cake really.

Sproles is a good reciever and good kick returner. RB not so much.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM

WOW your just throwing claims out with no proof whatsoever. Sad to say but your sounding a little like ROD, saying Floyd will be a top tier WR, with no proof at all....

Aslong as Sproles is carrying the ball and not receiving the ball, there's not much to plan for.

Hey I'm sure everyone thought a lot of players were going to be good like Ryan Leaf for example, want to tell me how that turned out? Didn't think so

Wasn't McFadden susposed to be very very good??

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
WOW your just throwing claims out with no proof whatsoever. Sad to say but your sounding a little like ROD, saying Floyd will be a top tier WR, with no proof at all....

Aslong as Sproles is carrying the ball and not receiving the ball, there's not much to plan for.

Hey I'm sure everyone thought a lot of players were going to be good like Ryan Leaf for example, want to tell me how that turned out? Didn't think

Wasn't McFadden susposed to be very very good??

Lol (wrings hands for a bit)

Floyd has been VERY impressive in the lil bit of time hes played.....big (check), good hands (check), fast (check), runs good routes (check), chemistry w/QB (check)...theres a bit o' proof in there somewhere, Ill wait till at least mid season before I ridicule too bad...I promise.

As long as Sproles is carrying the ball and not receiving? LOL! Wishful thinking!!! That is exactly what I am talking about. W/a coach like Norv, DC's are gonna have a hard time game planning with him as a second back.

Just keep hoping RM is a bust...I understand. If he isnt, you realize the VERY LONG arse kicking drought you guys will be going through.

*edit* Run DMC did not have the luxury of sharing the backfield w/Rivers...teams can load the box on The Raiders...not a very good example. Plus theyve had one of the crappiest (if not THE) O Lines the past few years.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Lol (wrings hands for a bit)

Floyd has been VERY impressive in the lil bit of time hes played.....big (check), good hands (check), fast (check), runs good routes (check), chemistry w/QB (check)...theres a bit o' proof in there somewhere, Ill wait till at least mid season before I ridicule too bad...I promise.

As long as Sproles is carrying the ball and not receiving? LOL! Wishful thinking!!! That is exactly what I am talking about. W/a coach like Norv, DC's are gonna have a hard time game planning with him as a second back.

Just keep hoping RM is a bust...I understand. If he isnt, you realize the VERY LONG arse kicking drought you guys will be going through. Just trying to prove, that always isn't the case.

*edit* Run DMC did not have the luxury of sharing the backfield w/Rivers...teams can load the box on The Raiders...not a very good example. Plus theyve had one of the crappiest (if not THE) O Lines the past few years.

Wow your funny if you think Sproles is effective when carrying the ball. He's only useful in ST and receiving, thats it. SD drafted Mathews for a reason..

And again, NONE of that was proof of Floyd becoming a top tier WR, anyone can have those intangibles and still not have what it takes to be a top WR.

How did you get the idea that I'm hoping RM is a bust? I actually enjoyed watching RM in college, getting huge 50 yard runs and all that. I think it's pretty low to hope someone will fail at the next level, if I hope for anything I would hope for something like Moreno outplaying him for his whole career...

And I know DMC is on the Raiders, I was just giving an example of RBs who everyone thought was going to be dominant in the NFL, but haven't accomplished anything yet. Reggie Bush is another one.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM

Wow your funny if you think Sproles is effective when carrying the ball. He's only useful in ST and receiving, thats it. SD drafted Mathews for a reason..

And again, NONE of that was proof of Floyd becoming a top tier WR, anyone can have those intangibles and still not have what it takes to be a top WR.

How did you get the idea that I'm hoping RM is a bust? I actually enjoyed watching RM in college, getting huge 50 yard runs and all that. I think it's pretty low to hope someone will fail at the next level, if I hope for anything I would hope for something like Moreno outplaying him for his whole career...

And I know DMC is on the Raiders, I was just giving an example of RBs who everyone thought was going to be dominant in the NFL, but haven't accomplished anything yet.

Well, a WR that has all the tools you need to become a top tier WR, and the perfect QB to boot suggests a lil bit of proof, wouldnt you say?

Again, I never said ANYTHING about Sproles carrying the ball....he is a huge threat out of the backfield due to his size, speed, and skills...DCs MUST figure out a way to make sure his D is ready when Sproles is back there. Buckhoser...notsomuch.

And finally, Your previous posts in this recent session kinda led me to believe you thought RM was gonna be a bust:
"Hey I'm sure everyone thought a lot of players were going to be good like Ryan Leaf for example, want to tell me how that turned out? Didn't think so

Wasn't McFadden susposed to be very very good??" "Ever hear the term "Bust"? " - Amari24

Amari24
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, a WR that has all the tools you need to become a top tier WR, and the perfect QB to boot suggests a lil bit of proof, wouldnt you say?

Again, I never said ANYTHING about Sproles carrying the ball....he is a huge threat out of the backfield due to his size, speed, and skills...DCs MUST figure out a way to make sure his D is ready when Sproles is back there. Buckhoser...notsomuch.

And finally, Your previous posts in this recent session kinda led me to believe you thought RM was gonna be a bust:
"Hey I'm sure everyone thought a lot of players were going to be good like Ryan Leaf for example, want to tell me how that turned out? Didn't think so

Wasn't McFadden susposed to be very very good??" "Ever hear the term "Bust"? " - Amari24

You can make the same case for ALOT of WRs in the NFL, but that doesn't mean they're going to become a star WR just because the teams #1 option isn't playing.

Pierre Garcon has the perfect QB and pretty much those same intangibles, that doesn't make him a lock to be a top tier WR...

With an explosive back like Sproles of course, but being explosive doesn't make you a better RB, Buckhalter is a better RB, and until I can see Sproles contributing more than just ST and "Out of the backfield" I won't think otherwise.

And I already said he's dangerous in pretty much all of that aside from carrying the ball

And no I wasn't implying RM being I bust, I was implying he has a possiblity of being a bust like every NFL Rookie does. Which is why I don't understand why you think he's going to be so great when he has yet to play in the NFL.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
First-round pick Ryan Mathews and the elusive Darren Sproles likely will draw attention as primary ball carriers, which could make it difficult for defenses to account for Tolbert and Hester.

ďI feel like Iím definitely a surprise to a lot of people. They see (me) and donít think Iím as fast as I am or my feet are as quick as they are,Ē Tolbert said. ďThe speed surprises a lot of people and catches them off guard, and by that time Iím already in the end zone or making first downs.Ē
http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Position-Preview-Fullbacks/fee5b2a4-aec2-42b2-8727-69c7c47576a8

Just thought Id throw that in.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 09:03 PM
You can make the same case for ALOT of WRs in the NFL, but that doesn't mean they're going to become a star WR just because the teams #1 option isn't playing.

Pierre Garcon has the perfect QB and pretty much those same intangibles, that doesn't make him a lock to be a top tier WR...

With an explosive back like Sproles of course, but being explosive doesn't make you a better RB, Buckhalter is a better RB, and until I can see Sproles contributing more than just ST and "Out of the backfield" I won't think otherwise.

And I already said he's dangerous in pretty much all of that aside from carrying the ball

And no I wasn't implying RM being I bust, I was implying he has a possiblity of being a bust like every NFL Rookie does. Which is why I don't understand why you think he's going to be so great when he has yet to play in the NFL.

Uhhh...Floyd is 6'5", Garcon is 6'0"...big difference, as Floyd is taller than any CB trying to cover him, and Rivers who loves to throw it up for grabs. Bottom line is Floyd comes down with it. Even then, if Garcon was all Peyton had as a #1, Garcon would be a top tier WR (most likely). (*Edit* Floys has averaged 17.6 yds per catch the past two seasons.....a lil bit of proof??)

And as far as RM goes....you dont know why I think hell be good? Dude, you yourself siad you watched him in college. c'mon man, the kid is big strong fast in an NFL kinda way.

Bottom line is Sproles is a much bigger asset to have in the backfield than Buckhoser (and maybe even KM....we'll see).

Amari24
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Uhhh...Floyd is 6'5", Garcon is 6'0"...big difference, as Floyd is taller than any CB trying to cover him, and Rivers who loves to throw it up for grabs. Bottom line is Floyd comes down with it. Even then, if Garcon was all Peyton had as a #1, Garcon would be a top tier WR (most likely).

And as far as RM goes....you dont know why I think hell be good? Dude, you yourself siad you watched him in college. c'mon man, the kid is big strong fast in an NFL kinda way.

Bottom line is Sproles is a much bigger asset to have in the backfield than Buckhoser (and maybe even KM....we'll see).

Yeah he's shorter but he's pretty big for his height. 6'0" 215 lbs, is pretty big. Garcon could probably look good with any top 5 QB. When I think of top tier WRs, I think of WRs who can play at high levels no matter who is their QB, I don't think Garcon can play like he did last season without a Manning, Rivers, or Schaub, for example.

And yeah, I really enjoyed watching him in college with those ridiculous runs, especially in the Boise State game. but I saw almost the same thing with RBs like Reggie Bush, and they haven't done anything in the NFL.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah he's shorter but he's pretty big for his height. 6'0" 215 lbs, is a pretty big. Garcon could probably look good with any top 5 QB. When I think of top tier WRs, I think of WRs who can play at high levels no matter who is their QB, I don't think Garcon can play like he did last season without a Manning, Rivers, or Schaub, for example.

And yeah, I really enjoyed watching him in college with those ridiculous runs, especially in the Boise State game. but I saw almost the same thing with RBs like Reggie Bush, and they haven't done anything in the NFL.

Didja see AP doin those thins too? Howd he turn out? Reggie Bush is a slight RB, who is afraid / unable to go up the middle.....RM, uhhhmmm, notsomuch.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Didja see AP doin those thins too? Howd he turn out? Reggie Bush is a slight RB, who is afraid / unable to go up the middle.....RM, uhhhmmm, notsomuch.

Yeah but I've just seen too many guys like that in my life time. Lawerence Phillips I remember watching a few games of him back in the day, and he looked like he was going to be a monster in the NFL, then what happens?

I also remember Ron Dayne being a guy like that in college, and he didn't live up to expectations either.

I get what your saying nonetheless, it can work both ways, but there is always the possiblity of not succeeding in the NFL for all Rookies.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah but I've just seen too many guys like that in my life time. Lawerence Phillips I remember watching a few games of him back in the day, and he looked like he was going to be a monster in the NFL, then what happens?

I also remember Ron Dayne being a guy like that in college, and he didn't live up to expectations either.

I get what your saying nonetheless, it can work both ways, but there is always the possiblity of not succeeding in the NFL for all Rookies.

Of course there is, there are no guarantees, but I like our 1st rd picks chances of success better than EITHER of yours....he will be used to his maximum potential in our offense...can you say the same?

Amari24
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Of course there is, there are no guarantees, but I like our 1st rd picks chances of success better than EITHER of yours....he will be used to his maximum potential in our offense...can you say the same?

Actually I can.

With Marshall gone, that leaves plenty of oppurtunity for DT to step in right away and fill in that role (hopefully).

And Orton won't be here forever which leaves a spot for Tebow to take over.

McD has had his success with QBs, so I have high hopes.

I don't think he drafted him to sit on the bench for 4-5 years, like some people suspect he will.

Lyghts Out
07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Actually I can.

With Marshall gone, that leaves plenty of oppurtunity for DT to step in right away and fill in that role (hopefully).

And Orton won't be here forever which leaves a spot for Tebow to take over.

McD has had his success with QBs, so I have high hopes.

I don't think he drafted him to sit on the bench for 4-5 years, like some people suspect he will.

All right man....good smackin'...well have many other nights till the season begins (and you crawl back to your dorm room to never be heard from again........j/k).

btw, I spent two years down there at Cuesta before transferring to Humboldt State....Loved surfing "The Rock" and The South Jetty. SLO is hard to beat.

Amari24
07-13-2010, 09:36 PM
All right man....good smackin'...well have many other nights till the season begins (and you crawl back to your dorm room to never be heard from again........j/k).

btw, I spent two years down there at Cuesta before transferring to Humboldt State....Loved surfing "The Rock" and The South Jetty. SLO is hard to beat.

:salute!: Smacking with guys like you beats smacking with ROD anyday, mainly because you make me think for a few minutes before I can come up with a good response :D

Good points all in all, CPs.

DancingHorsey
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM

Two words: Darren McFadden

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Breaking big runs like he did in college won't be so easy in the NFL, especially with the run blocking you guys have (or don't have if you will).

RaiderFanSD
07-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Mathews game translates to the game much better than Morenos IMO. Moreno doesn't have good speed, isn't a power back, and his agility isn't as good as I thought it would be either. He had something like one 20 yard run in over 230 attempts right?

Amari24
07-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Mathews game translates to the game much better than Morenos IMO. Moreno doesn't have good speed, isn't a power back, and his agility isn't as good as I thought it would be either. He had something like one 20 yard run in over 230 attempts right?

I was two 20 yard runs, and he played most of the season with an injured knee.

Moreno is faster at changing directions and making cuts than Mathews, and he's more agile than you may think. Speed isn't an issue, a lot of great backs wern't 4.3/4.4 guys, coming out of college, Emmit Smith for example.

ChargersDivison
07-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Bronco fans allow me to introduce you to Sir Malcom Floyd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-ixu1FkcA

Guy was like 250 yds short of 1000 yds and he didn't become the #2 WR until after the 2nd Raiders game which was like what week 7?

Top 6 deep threat in the NFL.

RaiderFanSD
07-14-2010, 07:41 AM
I was two 20 yard runs, and he played most of the season with an injured knee.

Moreno is faster at changing directions and making cuts than Mathews, and he's more agile than you may think. Speed isn't an issue, a lot of great backs wern't 4.3/4.4 guys, coming out of college, Emmit Smith for example.

A lot of backs that don't run 4.3/4.4's are still able to break the long one or at least have breakaway speed. That was one of his knocks in college, and it's proven that it's true in the NFL for him also. Moreno just doesn't seem to have "IT". Mathews in college broke a ton of long runs but also was a good in short yardage guy too. He was probably the most complete back in the draft.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 08:00 AM

you miss the point yet again, just because your team split games with us does not mean they are on par or are as good.

i say denver will finish last in the division this year (first time i have ever said that about denver) its just my opinion vs yours.

but saying that the broncos were just as good (or on par with them) as the chargers due to the fact that they split games with them the last two years is very flawed logic, as i already pointed out.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
That's just as bad as trying to prove how a team is superior through top 10 rankings or not.

huh? top 10 rankings are subjective just like 90% of everything els that is posted on this smack forum.

but you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out which team has been better the last 4 or 5 years.

saying the broncos have split games so they are on par with us is just stupid, its irrelevent, and kind of sad and pathetic to even suggest it.

BGMACN
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Whatís hilarious is that donks fans continue to use the Ed Hochuli game to back up claims of Denver being on ďparĒ with the bolts..

DancingHorsey
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
A lot of backs that don't run 4.3/4.4's are still able to break the long one or at least have breakaway speed. That was one of his knocks in college, and it's proven that it's true in the NFL for him also. Moreno just doesn't seem to have "IT". Mathews in college broke a ton of long runs but also was a good in short yardage guy too. He was probably the most complete back in the draft.

People who thinking breaking big runs is particularly important for a running game have no idea what the role of a running game is. Obviously it's not a bad thing to break off big runs, but gaining yards consistently is far more important. Moreno is exceptionally skilled in that area (which he showed many times last year despite horrible line play).

Mathews reminds me of Darren McFadden. Big and fast, but not much else.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 11:31 AM
People who thinking breaking big runs is particularly important for a running game have no idea what the role of a running game is. Obviously it's not a bad thing to break off big runs, but gaining yards consistently is far more important. Moreno is exceptionally skilled in that area (which he showed many times last year despite horrible line play).

what makes you think that? other than the fact that he plays for the chargers....:rolleyes:

mathews is a power runner, he runs through people and doesnt make a lot of moves in the back field.

not sure where you got this from other than the fact that you are clearly biased against him already.

I Eat Staples
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Uh...Charger...electricity.

Bronco fans allow me to introduce you to Sir Malcom Floyd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-ixu1FkcA

Guy was like 250 yds short of 1000 yds and he didn't become the #2 WR until after the 2nd Raiders game which was like what week 7?

Top 6 deep threat in the NFL.

LOL!! I love you, you always make me laugh.

darth-hideous
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Whatís hilarious is that donks fans continue to use the Ed Hochuli game to back up claims of Denver being on ďparĒ with the bolts..

This is just sad; are you going to have "The Chargers won that game", with picture of Hochuli with a red circle with a slash through on your tombstone? let it go man, let it go.

DancingHorsey
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
what makes you think that? other than the fact that he plays for the chargers....:rolleyes:

mathews is a power runner, he runs through people and doesnt make a lot of moves in the back field.

not sure where you got this from other than the fact that you are clearly biased against him already.

Mathews isn't a power runner. Please. Just because he's fairly big doesn't mean he's a power runner. He's a north/south runner with decent power, but he isn't a power runner...

He's big and fast. That's why you guys drafted him. That's his skill set. He isn't particularly shifty or agile, nor is he anything but average in power for his size. He excelled in college primarily by hitting the hole quickly and penetrating into the backfield, not by running defenders over.

"Mathews is a power runner"...sweet lord...:rolleyes:

By the way, I'm not anti-Mathews. I'm just voicing my assessment of his game. He's a good back, but due to his direct style, he needs his line to open up holes for him consistently if he's going to be successful. Unless your run blocking improves considerably over last year, that's going to be a problem.

BGMACN
07-14-2010, 12:51 PM
This is just sad; are you going to have "The Chargers won that game", with picture of Hochuli with a red circle with a slash through on your tombstone? let it go man, let it go.

Nah... just Bolts 4 life...

RaiderFanSD
07-14-2010, 12:52 PM

Look at all the top running backs, all are able to break large runs for the most part. The ability to bust a large run is extremely important for an offense considering the RB won't consistently get 4 yards a pop. And Moreno got stuffed at the line quite a bit last year, definitely wasn't consistent :confused:... I think that had to do partly with McDaniel's playcalling though & his constant runs up the gut.

I don't see Mathews in McFadden.. Maybe the upright running style but that's about it. While not as fast, Mathews is still better in almost every department than McFadden. Agility,strength, & maybe even top end speed. As you can tell I'm not very high on McFadden, lol.

darth-hideous
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Nah... just Bolts 4 life...

Oh the irony of that being on a tombstone:D

baphamet
07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Mathews isn't a power runner. Please. Just because he's fairly big doesn't mean he's a power runner. He's a north/south runner with decent power, but he isn't a power runner...

He's big and fast. That's why you guys drafted him. That's his skill set. He isn't particularly shifty or agile, nor is he anything but average in power for his size. He excelled in college primarily by hitting the hole quickly and penetrating into the backfield, not by running defenders over.

"Mathews is a power runner"...sweet lord...:rolleyes:

By the way, I'm not anti-Mathews. I'm just voicing my assessment of his game. He's a good back, but due to his direct style, he needs his line to open up holes for him consistently if he's going to be successful. Unless your run blocking improves considerably over last year, that's going to be a problem.

is he exclusively a power runner? no but he does employ a power running style.

Elusiveness/Feet/Agility: Makes defenders miss in traffic. Makes himself small despite possessing a big frame. Very loose hips and light feet before the burst is turned on. Can run through a defender but prefers to make them miss with the short area quickness.

Power: Easily runs his way through arm tackles. Consistently gains yards after contact. Runs with great pad level and gets each one of his 220 pounds behind the inside runs. Can lower his shoulder and push a pile of 4-5 defenders backward, tremendous leg drive.

Final Word: Mathews has an outside shot at being the first back taken in Aprilís draft. While he does not bring the value to the passing game that some others do, he is the top natural runner in this class. His ability to break tackles and maintain his balance is unmatched, and he is fast enough to break off big runs. He led the nation in rushing and if he was part of a big time collegiate program, Mathews would have be a legit contender for the Heisman Trophy. His best games came against Fresno Stateís toughest competition, including a 234 yard Ė 3 TD performance against Boise State in which he averaged over 12 yards per carry. He is the kind of back that can be trusted right away to give a strong boost to the ground attack. He will need time to improve his pass blocking and receiving skills, but according to the Fresno State coaching staff, there isnít a player in this draft that will enter the NFL with higher character and/or a stronger work ethic.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/1/31/1284818/ryan-matthews-nfl-draft-scouting

i do agree that the SD run blocking needs to improve in order for him to have a lot of success but i think he will still improve the SD running game from last year either way.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
its simply hilarious that according to some of these homer donk fans, moreno cannot fail but Mathews is just your average runner that can hit the hole but not much els.

i remember last year most of you were already saying moreno is a legitimate threat before he took a snap and will be ROY, how did that one work out for you?

am i saying mathews will be ROY? am i saying he will be better than moreno? no, but it just kills me when you homers bash a player simply because he plays for the team you hate the most.

i wonder what you fools will say if you are wrong? probably nothing, like always.....just disappear and hide under that rick with your tail between your legs as usual. :smug:

/rant :P

Jer_ber73
07-14-2010, 04:44 PM
you miss the point yet again, just because your team split games with us does not mean they are on par or are as good.

i say denver will finish last in the division this year (first time i have ever said that about denver) its just my opinion vs yours.

but saying that the broncos were just as good (or on par with them) as the chargers due to the fact that they split games with them the last two years is very flawed logic, as i already pointed out.

Are You using one of my quotes yet addressing another poster yet again? I NEVER said the Broncos were better or even on par with the Chargers. I have brought that up when people say the Chargers "own" the Broncos only to prove that splitting a series means that the series is TIED.

Lyghts Out
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
And Moreno got stuffed at the line quite a bit last year, definitely wasn't consistent :confused:... I think that had to do partly with McDaniel's playcalling though & his constant runs up the gut.

Tommy Kelly...Goal Line....No Pants?

ERoyal248
07-14-2010, 05:25 PM

QB.....lol.

Defense will be fine, upgraded DL, 2nd year in the system.. We'll have a top 6-7 defense overall..

WR corp is fairly solid.. Gaffney, Royal, Thomas, Decker, Stokley.. Thomas and Decker are rookies, but most anaylsts had them both top 5, they will make an impact.

Neither do the Chargers, Moreno will do better then Matthews this year.

QB, lol.. Orton was top 12 in passing yards, 2nd year in the system, not elite, but fairly solid.

Yeah, we'll miss Scheffler and his 416 yards, also getting hurt all the time.. Currently hurt at the moment, Branson will do better then Scheffler.

Typical Charger fan who has no idea what they are talking about.

ERoyal248
07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
its simply hilarious that according to some of these homer donk fans, moreno cannot fail but Mathews is just your average runner that can hit the hole but not much els.

i remember last year most of you were already saying moreno is a legitimate threat before he took a snap and will be ROY, how did that one work out for you?

am i saying mathews will be ROY? am i saying he will be better than moreno? no, but it just kills me when you homers bash a player simply because he plays for the team you hate the most.

i wonder what you fools will say if you are wrong? probably nothing, like always.....just disappear and hide under that rick with your tail between your legs as usual. :smug:

/rant :P

Some said he will fail, but you think coming in as a rookie he will set the league on fire..

Moreno was playing with a PCL injury all season and after Harris went down, the OL was horrible and he had no blocking. Actually, he was top 10 in breaking tackles with that horrible line.

Can he be good, yes, will he, who knows.

RaiderFanSD
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Tommy Kelly...Goal Line....No Pants?

LMAO... defining moment of Kelly's career.

DevilSpawn
07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
LMAO... defining moment of Kelly's career.
I think we found out where the song Pants on the Ground came from.

BOLTMAN-1
07-14-2010, 06:37 PM
My Broncos Peeps,

I'd bet big $$ that once Rivers starts getting into the SB year in and year out he'll never every choke like Elway did in the biggest game of his life for his first 15 years with the Franchise. Thank God he had TD otherwise that SB win at Qualcomm would have been another feather in Elway's Choke Cap.

Regarding our logo yes, we were the first to sport the amazing power horse where the donks had this deranged looking buck tooth donk inbred horse of a logo kicking in the air like a jackasss

BOLTMAN-1
07-14-2010, 06:40 PM

You can spin it anyway you want but yes, the Chargers right now under the leadership of Philip Rivers completely own the Broncos. I don't give a RA if we split the series the past 2 years, Rivers is 6-2 vs the Donks and I for one can personally attest to the fact that the donkey's are responsible for helping to put Rivers on the map as one of the greatest QB of our time.

BOLTMAN-1
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Brilliant, absolutely Brilliant post.

Your are a scholar and a genius sir for finally realizing that the Chargers own the Broncos.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VgRh9pTNksw/Rj5nV6D7CQI/AAAAAAAAAA4/PTiMpWqegyQ/s400/Briliant-2.gif

Jer_ber73
07-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I'd bet big $$ that once Rivers starts getting into the SB year in and year out he'll never every choke like Elway did in the biggest game of his life for his first 15 years with the Franchise. Thank God he had TD otherwise that SB win at Qualcomm would have been another feather in Elway's Choke Cap.

Regarding our logo yes, we were the first to sport the amazing power horse where the donks had this deranged looking buck tooth donk inbred horse of a logo kicking in the air like a jackasss

Ummm he needs to win in the playoffs first doesnt he? Dont go getting all excited just yet lil guy, remember your last game? Not exactly what you would call a SB winning formula now would ya?

baphamet
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Are You using one of my quotes yet addressing another poster yet again? I NEVER said the Broncos were better or even on par with the Chargers. I have brought that up when people say the Chargers "own" the Broncos only to prove that splitting a series means that the series is TIED.

no i was addressing your post because you quoted me? if you are not taking issue with the post of mine that you quoted then why quote me?

you are confusing.

Amari24
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd bet big $$ that once Rivers starts getting into the SB year in and year out he'll never every choke like Elway did in the biggest game of his life for his first 15 years with the Franchise

Maybe you should wait until Rivers actually makes a Super Bowl before you start throwing out ridiculous assumptions like that.

Jer_ber73
07-14-2010, 07:55 PM
no i was addressing your post because you quoted me? if you are not taking issue with the post of mine that you quoted then why quote me?

you are confusing.

Thats how I like it.

Jer_ber73
07-14-2010, 08:02 PM

you are confusing.

I think that maybe we were talking about two different subjects? All I was trying to say was I am looking forward to next year and not bring up 1997 . But I actually butted into a conversation. I actually get aggrevated when people resort to bringing up the SB years and I think that is what I was replying to.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I think that maybe we were talking about two different subjects? All I was trying to say was I am looking forward to next year and not bring up 1997 . But I actually butted into a conversation. I actually get aggrevated when people resort to bringing up the SB years and I think that is what I was replying to.

yeah, if you go back and re-read the thread, i was using 1997 as an example you broncos fans can relate to, since your team won the SB that year as well as split games with the raiders who only won 4 games.

my point is, that just goes to show that splitting games with a rival does not mean they are on par with each other, like some broncos fans insist.

just because the broncos have split games with us the last two years does not mean their team has been as good as ours in that span.

just because the chiefs split games with us in 2006 does not mean their team was on par with us that year either.

not saying you said they were, i am referring to the fans that were using that argument earlier in this thread and all over the place in other threads as well.

calabose
07-14-2010, 08:27 PM
huh? top 10 rankings are subjective just like 90% of everything els that is posted on this smack forum.

but you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out which team has been better the last 4 or 5 years.

saying the broncos have split games so they are on par with us is just stupid, its irrelevent, and kind of sad and pathetic to even suggest it.

uh.....kinda like "The chargers are poised once again to dominate the nfl and look like they are in championship form." apparantly charger fans know NFL stands for Not For Long when it come to the playoffs.(sad,pathetic,too.huh?)

Lyghts Out
07-14-2010, 08:31 PM
The Chargers are one of the teams poised to cmpete for the SB once again.

With that said, I have to share a funny joke my buddy used on me today:

"Have you heard about the new Browns smart phone that just came out? Apparently it only vibrates cause it has no ring."

Okay, he said Chargers, but I couldnt bring myself to type it out.

Jer_ber73
07-14-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah, if you go back and re-read the thread, i was using 1997 as an example you broncos fans can relate to, since your team won the SB that year as well as split games with the raiders who only won 4 games.

my point is, that just goes to show that splitting games with a rival does not mean they are on par with each other, like some broncos fans insist.

just because the broncos have split games with us the last two years does not mean their team has been as good as ours in that span.

just because the chiefs split games with us in 2006 does not mean their team was on par with us that year either.

not saying you said they were, i am referring to the fans that were using that argument earlier in this thread and all over the place in other threads as well.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

baphamet
07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
uh.....kinda like "The chargers are poised once again to dominate the nfl and look like they are in championship form." apparantly charger fans know NFL stands for Not For Long when it come to the playoffs.(sad,pathetic,too.huh?)

yeah, too bad it will not be your team to dethrone them, huh? we are poised to dominate the division again, sad and pathetic indeed.....for you. :sad::P

baphamet
07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
The Chargers are one of the teams poised to cmpete for the SB once again.

With that said, I have to share a funny joke my buddy used on me today:

"Have you heard about the new Browns smart phone that just came out? Apparently it only vibrates cause it has no ring."

Okay, he said Chargers, but I couldnt bring myself to type it out.

your buddy stole that from sports talk radio, it was originally about lebron james. did he take credit for it? if so bust him out IMO :D

baphamet
07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
What we have here is failure to communicate.

weird, that's what my ex wife always says lol :D

Lyghts Out
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM
your buddy stole that from sports talk radio, it was originally about lebron james. did he take credit for it? if so bust him out IMO :D

Oh yeah, he made no mention of stealing it from the radio....Thanks for the heads up.