PDA

View Full Version : anyone gonna watch the MLB all star game today?

BroncoFanBoy
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I know it's not too important, but i still watch it. besides, why shouldn't i? Ubaldo is starting the all star game. he plays on my favorite baseball team (rockies)

who else is watching?

Amari24
07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe.....

ERoyal248
07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes, i think it's the NL time.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 03:46 PM
the biggest baseball story of the today isnt the allstar game, or george steinbrenner dying.......

The biggest baseball thing today is......

the possibility of.........

Joe Girardi managing the Cubs next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think Lou is great, but Girardi is still a step above)

BroncoFanBoy
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
the biggest baseball story of the today isnt the allstar game, or george steinbrenner dying.......

i wonder how girardi would handle carlos zambrano....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM

good to see you again Bio.....How would this scenario play out? Girardi is a Yankee through and through.

I'm so bummed my Angels wouldn't anny up and pay Lackey and Guerrero. It's gonna suck watching Vladdy in the All-Star game tonight. :sad:

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
good to see you again Bio.....How would this scenario play out? Girardi is a Yankee through and through.

I'm so bummed my Angels wouldn't anny up and pay Lackey and Guerrero. It's gonna suck watching Vladdy in the All-Star game tonight. :sad:

Joe Girardi grew up in peoria illinois a cubs fan. he went to college in chicago. his family is mostly in the area. He came up through the cubs minor league system. He spent his first 4 professional seasons with the cubs. After he played 4 years for the yankees, he went back to the cubs and played there for 3 more seasons. His yankee contract his up after this season.

WhoDeyBengals
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I voted for Joey Votto about 200 times in the final vote. You bet your ass I'm watching. :)

I still think it's stupid that this actually determines home-field advantage (screw you, Bud Selig), but it's still the best All-Star Game in professional sports. It beats the pants off the Pro Bowl, the NBA All-Star Game is usually a joke and I don't care about the NHL enough to know who half those cats are on the ice.

When I was 10, the MLB All Star Game was in Cincinnati, and my parents got passes for me and a friend to go to the day-before festivities. We got to go on the field and stuff... really a neat experience, and one I'll never forget.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I voted for Joey Votto about 200 times in the final vote. You bet your ass I'm watching. :)

I still think it's stupid that this actually determines home-field advantage (screw you, Bud Selig), but it's still the best All-Star Game in professional sports. It beats the pants off the Pro Bowl, the NBA All-Star Game is usually a joke and I don't care about the NHL enough to know who half those cats are on the ice.

When I was 10, the MLB All Star Game was in Cincinnati, and my parents got passes for me and a friend to go to the day-before festivities. We got to go on the field and stuff... really a neat experience, and one I'll never forget.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cV5AwqHdqi0/0.jpg

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
hell no. baseball sucks.

WhoDeyBengals
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cV5AwqHdqi0/0.jpg

We're talking baseball, Sparky. Eat a weiner and watch the game.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
We're talking baseball, Sparky. Eat a weiner and watch the game.

sorry man. :salute:

i had weiners for breakfast actually lol

WhoDeyBengals
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
sorry man. :salute:

i had weiners for breakfast actually lol

That's a weird breakfast. :laugh:

I don't get to watch a lot of AL ball... all I know is that I'd really like my chances if I was the NL manager. But then again, I'd be Charlie Manuel and I'd probably want to kick my own ass.

WhoDeyBengals
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Jimenez looks wild. Nerves?

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
That's a weird breakfast. :laugh:

I don't get to watch a lot of AL ball... all I know is that I'd really like my chances if I was the NL manager. But then again, I'd be Charlie Manuel and I'd probably want to kick my own ass.

yea, i need it to keep full till the late afternoon, so cereal doesnt cut it.

ERoyal248
07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Manuel is an idiot..

He puts in Kuo over Halladay, Lincecum, Wainwright, Bell, Carpenter, and Hudson..

AL will win 1-0.

Broncoholic JS
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I always do, I always have, I always will! It is the Mid-Summer Classic for Gods sake!

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
This is why baseball isnt as good as basketball or football or football to me....i have been able to do a significant amount of studying during this game

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
M. Byrd = MVP

Bronco51
07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Manuel is an idiot..

He puts in Kuo over Halladay, Lincecum, Wainwright, Bell, Carpenter, and Hudson..

AL will win 1-0.

You were saying......:rolleyes:

WhoDeyBengals
07-13-2010, 09:00 PM

Hey, at least he got the AL's run total right. :laugh:

chazoe60
07-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Sweet I just got done watching the NL squad assure home field advantage for my beloved Colorado Rockies in the WS. :smug:

ERoyal248
07-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks McCann, best catcher in baseball..

It would be huge if we made the WS, a Game 7 at HOME..

HurricaneDovs
07-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Finally we were able to get one over on the AL. Now if only the Cubs didn't completely suck I might be more excited.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Finally we were able to get one over on the AL. Now if only the Cubs didn't completely suck I might be more excited.

We might get Joe Girardi for next season. He is a lifelong cub, his contract is up this season, and yesterday he said its an attractive job

BroncoFanBoy
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Jimenez looks wild. Nerves?

since you're a reds fan, let me just tell you, brandon philips is one hell of a fielder. i enjoyed watching him play tonight

BroncoFanBoy
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Manuel is an idiot..

AL will win 1-0.

im suprised linecum and hudson didn't play. that throw by kuo was horrible! i could've thrown that better.