PDA

View Full Version : CP3 getting traded?

Amari24
07-21-2010, 11:09 PM
As far as the Lakers? Well, as I mentioned before, the article doesn't indicate that the Lakers share the same interest. But CBSSports.com's Matt Moore includes the Lakers, Magic, Knicks, Hornets, Cavaliers and Trail Blazers as the teams most likely to get him. With James having two years left on his contract worth $34 million, Moore suggests that the most plausible scenario involves trading center Andrew Bynum and a handful of short-term contracts (i.e. Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton). Though I mentioned earlier Wednesday that Bynum will remain an effective presence inside even if the off-season surgery on his right knee slows him down, I wouldn't be opposed to the deal itself. But I can't help but wonder how that would fundamentally change the way the Lakers play.

Bynum and Pau Gasol mutually benefited from each other inside, and the Lakers' triangle offense flourished when the ball moved from the inside out. Lamar Odom often took advantage of mismatch problems because teams were left worrying about the Lakers' big men or about stopping Kobe Bryant. Odom's versatility gave them a valuable chess piece in that regard. And if Paul played for the Lakers, Derek Fisher presumably would come off the bench, a role he'd accept but that perhaps would dampen his invaluable role in holding the team together.

There's no doubt that teams should be very afraid if Paul arrives in L.A. But his open-court style would change playing alongside Bryant and having to work within the triangle. I imagine Paul and Gasol instantly forming chemistry, but Gasol's effectiveness inside wouldn't be the same without Bynum.

We very well may see Paul's demand for a trade result in him going to a team other than the Lakers, making this post as irrelevant as the post analyzing what Lin could bring to the team. But if Paul happens to join the defending champions, the question wouldn't be so much how would he fit in the team as how the Lakers' system and personnel would fit with the new acquisition.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/chris-paul-reportedly-expresses-interest-in-joining-the-lakers.html

BroncoFanBoy
07-21-2010, 11:26 PM
i got a feelin it will be the cavs

Amari24
07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
i got a feelin it will be the cavs

Same, at least he will be able to play with Byron Scott again. I think LA would have to sacrafice too much to get him.

Atwnbroncfan
07-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Come to Denver

Amari24
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Come to Denver

Ah, I forgot to put them in the poll. I only put the teams in that article.

BluenOrnge4Life
07-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Yes come to Denver then we can watch stoudemire suffer in NY when he doesn't get any help because all the big names went elsewhere or stayed put. Ill be the first to say that Lebron was free to do what he wanted but I agree with MJ and Magic by saying that they never would have teamed up because they were trying to figure out how to beat each other. Stars today should learn more from the all time greats of the past. To be honest I would like to see Paul come to denver because he would help the team but after the comment he made at melos wedding, I hope he gets traded to an awful team like the nets. Be careful what you wish for cp3.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Colin Cowherd said this morning you can pretty much bank on the Knicks getting him. He made it sound like he has a source that knows. Colin usually doesn't make statements like that unless it's a foregone conclusion.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-22-2010, 11:42 AM
teh cavs and knicks have very little to the hornets. Why would NO trade with them?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2010, 12:12 PM
teh cavs and knicks have very little to the hornets. Why would NO trade with them?

Because Paul won't play for the Hornets.

It's rumored he wants to play for either the Lakers, Knicks, or the Magic. Portland is also rumored to be in play. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit in Portland. Paul Allen is the owner, they've got a good team already, and Portland is a great basketball town.

JakeNbake
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Chris Paul-G-Hornets Jul. 22 - 1:17 pm et

Chris Paul reportedly hopes to be traded to the Knicks, followed by the Magic, Mavericks, and Trail Blazers.

The problem, of course, is that CP3 has no real leverage -- he won't be a free agent for two more years. But with Darren Collison waiting in the wings, New Orleans may consent to trading their disgruntled MVP for a package of young players and draft picks. Stay tuned.

YEAH
sadfadsfdsfasd

ERoyal248
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
The Magic have the better package of players..

Who do the Knicks have exactly?? Eddy Curry..

VC is an expiring contract, young players like Anderson, Bass, Gortat, and Pietrus as well as draft picks.. I'll trade anyone but Dwight in a package for CP3, a 1-2 of CP3/Dwight would be sickk..

Whether we get him, who knows, but i hope Otis can get this done.

Hoserman117
07-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Maybe he'll play for the Heat... :P

BroncoFanBoy
07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
i think the nuggets should trade for him and here's why:
1. Billups is getting up there in age. let me say this. I LOVE billups he's a great player, great person, and great team leader. but i gotta admit, he is old. but not the main reason id like to get chris paul.

2. (HERES WHY)
on our depth chart, afflalo is our starter at shooting guard. i like him, but not as a starter. plus second on it is J.R Smith and i want him traded. i hate his attitude. so we get chris paul and can you imagine Carmelo - Nene - Billups, Paul- and Martin on the starting spot? along with a great bench= Championship.
plus i think he would do fine at shooting guard. he's originally a point guard so that shouldn't make much of a difference
come on nuggets, at least try

DiversityA
07-23-2010, 12:47 AM
^ Paul would have to play PG...Billups would be better suited for SG.
But maybe if the Hornets get really desperate, they can take KMart off our hands and we'll even throw JR in so they can have him back. If there's even a 1% chance we can get Paul and keep Chauncey, we have to try. Just imagine that team....
If Paul wants to play with Melo, let's get him here! I want to see the Knicks crash and burn.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
07-23-2010, 01:38 AM
no suprise paul wants out.
the hornets suck.

hopefully paul recovers from his knee injury.

Amari24
07-23-2010, 04:46 AM
no suprise paul wants out.
the hornets suck.

hopefully paul recovers from his knee injury.

If Lebron would've stayed, him going to Cleveland would be a 100% lock. No question about it.

PhillyBronco24
07-23-2010, 06:53 AM
If Lebron would've stayed, him going to Cleveland would be a 100% lock. No question about it.

Indeed and it would had look much better on james part winning a chip in cleveland with cp3 rather than if he does it down in MIA now.

I really think cp3 will go to the knicks. I posted a few weeks ago on about what he said at melo's wedding and maybe he was serious. Melo hasnt signed no new contract extension with the nuggets, and now paul wants to be leave, so could be a possible power team joining in NY.

It seems more likely that cp3 will go to the knicks for the market there, its about 10 times the size it is in NO or CLE. If he does end up at NY nugget fans should be worried because that can be a big piece in motivating melo to leave, just as bosh going to MIA to be with wade is what made james leave.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I believe CP3 will play for the Hornets this year.

Amari24
07-23-2010, 07:43 AM

If by the odd chance, he does play for them this year, he defintely won't be playing with them next year.

PhillyBronco24
07-23-2010, 10:26 AM

The way things are going it looks like he might be shipped before the season even starts.

The only way I see him staying is when they have the sit down on monday they have to be able to tell him we can go out and get a big name to come down here and play with you. With all the frenzy that happened this off season already everything has been opened up, making it seem as if the big player has more pull than the team itself. The only difference here is cp3 is under contract, but you still dont want an unhappy star on the team that is never good for the team.

As of right now I would be surprised if we see cp3 with the hornets by the start of the season, but even more surprised if we still see him with them after the trade deadline. Unless something develops in the story that is good for NO I dont think he will be with them for long.