PDA

View Full Version : Melo Gone?

Bronco51
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Several radio stations in town are reporting that Melo will not sign with Nuggets and has let the Nuggets know he will go elsewhere next season.

Amari24
08-16-2010, 05:01 PM
It seems plausible at this point. I mean if he REALLY wanted to stay, he would've signed his extension long ago. I don't think he'll go anywhere this season, but next Summer he could be gone. I think he's going to wait a little longer and see if the Nuggets bring in another star player.

Southstander
08-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Several radio stations in town are reporting that Melo will not sign with Nuggets and has let the Nuggets know he will go elsewhere next season.

From what I heard he is has not said that he wont return to the Nuggets, but is playing the Lebron James card and having teams court him.

Amari24
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
From what I heard he is has not said that he wont return to the Nuggets, but is playing the Lebron James card and having teams court him.

He should make a TV special and call it "The Next Decision"

Southstander
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
He should make a TV special and call it "The Next Decision"

LOL.:goz::salute:

Atwnbroncfan
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Its nothing new, just, the same crap that espn spins the wrong way. Espn wants melo a knick bc that means they can show more knicks games,which gives them higher ratings and more money. Im confident melo will stay a nugget.

Atwnbroncfan
08-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Melos twitter makes me more confident that,he is at least strongly considering staying.

Spyder
08-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Carmelo isn't dumb enough to come out and admit he wants out, no one is. Lebron played up staying in Cleveland even though a big majority of people knew he was leaving.

Denver just doesn't seem to fit in with Carmelo as a city, the team is obviously on its way down for several reasons, the window for winning anything is about a year from closing (if it hasn't closed already) so it's bluntly obvious he's heading to New York. If the Nuggets were smart, they'd start talking to teams now.

Bronco_Armada
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Melo should have stayed in Syracuse for another season or 2. :peace:

Atwnbroncfan
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Nuggeta just sent out a email to all their email subscribers, saying that all these reports are pretty much laughable.

CodyRoark
08-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Nuggeta just sent out a email to all their email subscribers, saying that all these reports are pretty much laughable.

Can you forward it to my email or PM it to me???

BluenOrnge4Life
08-18-2010, 02:03 PM
If I was kroenke I would have a sitdown with melo and it would go something like this:

'Melo let me start by saying that my focus in denver is building a team that will win me a championship. I feel you are a great player and would be the center piece on that team in which to build around.

That being said, I want to win, and if you don't sign your extension.. I'm willing to trade you instead of taking the risk of letting you walk for nothing. Because that benefits the nuggets in no way and sets us back years. I'm not going to allow that to happen because our fans deserve better. The ball is in your court, so to speak.'

I'm a huge melo fan but the last thing I want to see is him leave like lebron did, leaving us in shambles when we could have traded him and gotten value for him. If he is unwilling to sign his extension than he obviously wishes to play elsewhere.

Amari24
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Actually Carmelo himself tweeted that the reports are pretty much retarded...

Atwnbroncfan
08-18-2010, 04:50 PM

I just looked at it again. They posted it on denver nuggets webstie too. But here it is.

OPINION: Anthony's own words best source for Melo news
By Aaron J. Lopez, Nuggets.com, 8-16-10
Related Images

Chris Paul’s toast at Carmelo Anthony’s wedding last month made national headlines as he raised the possibility of joining forces with Melo someday in New York.
Another toast flew under the radar but might have been equally influential as Anthony ponders his long-term future in Denver.

Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke raised his glass and said a few words at the July 10 wedding. Given the fact that loyalty is one of Anthony’s most valued characteristics, the gesture certainly was appreciated.

Though the Nuggets are in the process of restructuring their front office, the changes are not playing as much of a factor in Anthony’s decision whether to sign a contract extension as some people may think.

“If you were Melo, would you recommit now to an organization facing so many questions and offering so few answers? Me neither” Denver Post columnist Dave Krieger wrote last week.

With all due respect to my former Rocky Mountain News colleague Krieger, the best person to speak about Anthony’s future is Carmelo himself.

Anthony has been in touch with Kroenke, coaches, teammates and other front-office executives throughout the summer. There’s an open line of communication to provide answers to any questions on the mind of Melo.

During his annual basketball camp Saturday, Anthony told Post beat writer Chris Dempsey that the departure of executives Rex Chapman and Mark Warkentien and the pending hire of a new general manager will have little impact on his decision.

“I think my decision is my decision,” he said. “I don’t think it’s based on who is in the front office or anything like that. I’m going to make my decision based on my feelings.”

Front-office changes are hardly unique in the NBA and it should be noted that the Nuggets were in the midst of a transition when Anthony signed his first contract extension with Denver. He agreed to a five-year deal on July 12, 2006 – a little more than two months into the search to replace Kiki Vandeweghe.

Anthony told Dempsey that the Nuggets have kept him informed regarding offseason moves in free agency and their front office. The open dialogue is another sign of mutual respect between the Nuggets and their three-time All-Star.

“It’s good to make me feel a part of what’s going on over there,” Anthony said. “In the past, I didn’t want to be a part of those decisions because it was just too much to focus on that … But now, it’s serious business.”

In the coming weeks and season, there will be multiple stories quoting multiple unnamed sources regarding Anthony’s future. For now, the most credible source is Carmelo.

After ESPN.com posted yet another speculative story Monday saying Anthony already has made up his mind to leave Denver, Melo weighed in on his Twitter account.

"Funny how people come up with there own analysis of a situation," he tweeted. "I tell you boy ... Unbelievable." Yes, Anthony is still leaving his options open, but he also reiterated his loyalty to Denver during a larger question-and-answer session with the media Saturday.

“I’m a Denver Nugget, man,” he said. “I’m here, I’m with the Nuggets.”

We can all raise a glass to that.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I just looked at it again. They posted it on denver nuggets webstie too. But here it is. Until Melo signs his extension this is all wishful thinking to me. I get sick everytime I turn on the TV and hear all this talk that Melo wants to play elsewhere whether its for the Knicks, Nets, or Rockets. Even worse is the thought that he may walk away and we would get nothing for him.

chazoe60
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
He needs to go to a team with Yellow uniforms, for obvious reasons.

Jay3
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
He's not signed. They need to set a deadline, get it done, or else trade him. You can't risk getting nothing for him.

Southstander
08-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Is anyone else sick of athletes like James, Anthony, and Favre?

With an possable labor dispute comming to the NBA for him to turn down 63 million dollars is foolish.

22cannon
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Melo prob knew he was going to leave when the team "unloaded" Camby. It was a sure sign that the ownership wasn't going to pay more to win and now they are going to lose their "superstar"

Go ahead and cry Kroenke, you brought it on yourself.

trade Melo now to the Knicks for what you can, it is just too bad that the Knicks already traded away David Lee, I would've like to see him here.

Spyder
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Melo prob knew he was going to leave when the team "unloaded" Camby. It was a sure sign that the ownership wasn't going to pay more to win and now they are going to lose their "superstar"

Go ahead and cry Kroenke, you brought it on yourself.

trade Melo now to the Knicks for what you can, it is just too bad that the Knicks already traded away David Lee, I would've like to see him here.

Really? The Nuggets have been over the limit and paying luxury tax dollars since around 2005. Players like Kenyon Martin, Nene and Chris Andersen are getting way more money than they deserve and probably would been unloaded one way or another by just about any other team in the league.

You can say some things about the team, but calling them a cheap team isn't one of them. Sorry.

Spyder
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Until Melo signs his extension this is all wishful thinking to me.

This.

If there's nothing to worry about, why doesn't Carmelo sign and stop holding the team and the fanbase hostage like this? The team is going to deny all media reports because they still have to sell tickets. Carmelo is going to deny everything until it happens because the NBA could still press tampering charges.

Carmelo is gone, one way or another.

22cannon
08-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Really? The Nuggets have been over the limit and paying luxury tax dollars since around 2005. Players like Kenyon Martin, Nene and Chris Andersen are getting way more money than they deserve and probably would been unloaded one way or another by just about any other team in the league.

You can say some things about the team, but calling them a cheap team isn't one of them. Sorry.

Maybe you missed the headlines:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/15/nuggets-ship-camby-clippers-draft-pick/

The Nuggets were cutting salaries when they traded camby, Come on, they got NOTHING in return for him.

Atwnbroncfan
08-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe you missed the headlines:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/15/nuggets-ship-camby-clippers-draft-pick/

The Nuggets were cutting salaries when they traded camby, Come on, they got NOTHING in return for him.

Camby was highly overrated. He may the stats but he never played team defense, and was liability on offense.

22cannon
08-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Camby was highly overrated. He may the stats but he never played team defense, and was liability on offense.

Fine if you think he was over-rated (not a widely held position by the way), he is still one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, a position that is not easy to fill. Especially if you are looking for a championship.

yet, we disgress, if the Nuggets wanted to have a championship team they would keep players like Camby and get more support to make a championship run and ultimately keep your star play in Melo in Denver as well as happy.

I stated that Denver made the mistake by not keeping Camby and in doing so put the writing on the wall a year ago that Melo is reading to you all today.

Atwnbroncfan
08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Fine if you think he was over-rated (not a widely held position by the way), he is still one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, a position that is not easy to fill. Especially if you are looking for a championship.

yet, we disgress, if the Nuggets wanted to have a championship team they would keep players like Camby and get more support to make a championship run and ultimately keep your star play in Melo in Denver as well as happy.

I stated that Denver made the mistake by not keeping Camby and in doing so put the writing on the wall a year ago that Melo is reading to you all today.

We were a better defensive team without Camby. No one will argue that, our best defensive season was the season right after we traded him. Somebody like Camby won't make Melo sign. We have the poor mans version of Camby in Bridman. The Nuggets lack size and power on the interior, 2 things that Camby doesn't have.

Camby is a good weakside defender, but one on one in the post Camby is beat almost every time. The time he made a play is when he let his man beat him then he'd try to go for the block from behind.

Camby had little affect on Melo. Im highly confident Melo will stay a Nugget.

22cannon
08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Hmm,

Today: Isaiah Thomas says that he is confident that Anthony will be on the Knicks in 2011. (obviously no later than when Carmelo's contract option comes up)

Lala: twittering all day about how much she loves being in NY (yes they are in NY right now) check her out her twitter page @ lala

Spike Lee: offering LaLa roles in his movies (sounds pretty good to a new mom trying to revive her sorry career)

not a coincidence. Time to unload him before we get nothing like the diehard fans in Cleveland.

ERoyal248
08-23-2010, 10:04 AM
The Carmelo Anthony Sit-down by Fox31 Josina Anderson..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mAf1SaL-k&feature=sub

BluenOrnge4Life
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
The Carmelo Anthony Sit-down by Fox31 Josina Anderson..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mAf1SaL-k&feature=sub

Nice interview, thanks for posting. I really hope Melo is here next year... it would be really sad to see him go. That being said, if he's not.. I at least hope that we don't just watch him walk away while we get nothing in return.

Amari24
08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Hmm,

Today: Isaiah Thomas says that he is confident that Anthony will be on the Knicks in 2011. (obviously no later than when Carmelo's contract option comes up)

Lala: twittering all day about how much she loves being in NY (yes they are in NY right now) check her out her twitter page @ lala

Spike Lee: offering LaLa roles in his movies (sounds pretty good to a new mom trying to revive her sorry career)

not a coincidence. Time to unload him before we get nothing like the diehard fans in Cleveland.

Lol trade him to Philly for Iggy and a 1st or something.

Spice 1
08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Hmm,

Isaiah and Spike, two people the planet Earth could do without (He Got Game was kinda good though). I'm with Amare, trade his a$$ now. Don't trade him somewhere he wants to go though. Trade him to Golden State or something. I understand why LeBron went to Miami, but if we could go back in time, I'd rather Cavs management traded him to the Grizzlies before last season started. He would have left Memphis, no doubt, but it would have been fun to watch him struggle to get into the playoffs with overhyped clowns like Zach Randolph on his squad. The Nuggets won't trade Melo though, and you'll have to go through the same BS we went through. Hopefully Melo "does the right thing" lol, and stays in Denver. He's already one of my fav players, and he'd cement himself as one of my fav all time. Just for being real.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-24-2010, 11:38 PM
It would be good to see Melo in a Laker uniform next season.I can see Lakers trading Odom and Bynum for Carmelo.That would be a good trade.

Amari24
08-25-2010, 05:13 AM
It would be good to see Melo in a Laker uniform next season.I can see Lakers trading Odom and Bynum for Carmelo.That would be a good trade.

Zero chance Melo goes to the Lakers. There wouldn't be enough balls to go around with Kobe jacking up 50 shots a game..

And even if he did get traded to LA, that wouldn't be a fair trade at all..

Bynum is useless the 2nd half of the season and he's not really all that great when he's healthy. They still have Kmart so there'd be no point in getting Odom at all. They better trade him and do it now, I'd say trade him to Memphis for Rudy and a pick, or Philly for Andre and a pick. I wouldn't take any chances waiting around like Cleveland did. When Lebron didn't sign his extension that's when I would've traded him off as well..

Southstander
08-26-2010, 09:01 PM
According to Jessie Kurtz from the Colorado Springs CBS station Melo has officially demanded to be traded.

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
According to Jessie Kurtz from the Colorado Springs CBS station Melo has officially demanded to be traded.

Don't blame him after the crappy GM we hired. With Melo gone we should put Billups on the market. Get Ty more PT.

Watch out for the LA Clippers....They have some attractive pieces for Melo.

ERoyal248
08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Don't blame him after the crappy GM we hired. With Melo gone we should put Billups on the market. Get Ty more PT.

Watch out for the LA Clippers....They have some attractive pieces for Melo.

Orlando has some pieces, but i don't know if Otis will trade for Melo, a 1-2 of Dwight/Melo would be fun to watch..

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Orlando has some pieces, but i don't know if Otis will trade for Melo, a 1-2 of Dwight/Melo would be fun to watch..

Id hate to deal him to Orlando. They have nothing we really would want. I could see a deal getting done with the Nets or before a deal would be done with the Magic.

Here is my ideal scenario

Id like to trade Melo and JR for Eric Gordon Blake Griffin and Aminu

Then trade Kmart to Golden State for Monta Ellis

Here is the lineup we could have

PG....Billups\Lawson\Carter
SG....Ellis\Gordon\Afflalo
SF....Aminu\Balkman\Afflalo\Harrington
PF....Griffin\Harrington\Williams
C......Nene\Birdman

For losing Melo thats not a bad lineup.

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM

I doubt that is true now. I highly doubt Melo is demanding a trade while he is in China.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/26/melo-situation-at-boiling-point/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

"Has the situation for Carmelo Anthony in Denver deteriorated beyond repair? Well, if we’re to believe Adrian Wojnarowski over at Yahoo! Sports, it sure has.

And at least this contributor at Hang Time isn’t about to disregard Woj on this one.

The Nuggets have apparently given up on Melo signing that $65 million extension and are prepared to move their franchise player. William Wesley, aka Worldwide Wes of LeBron James fame, is one of Anthony’s advisors and he’s applying muscle in the inevitable Denver divorce.

From the Wojnarowski article:

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

If the Nuggets were to part with Melo, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin would be soon to follow. At least that’s the thinking in the rebuilding project coming to the Mile High City.

Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, and start over again, sources said.

These are the same Nuggets that were in the Western Conference finals in 2009. The Clippers and Nets are seen as probable destinations for Melo. How much closer are they to a title? Well, you have to wonder what Melo’s motivation is in all of this."

The last paragraph says it all. If Melo wants to win he would stay in Denver, he's in for a rude awakening if he goes to a team like the Nets or The Clippers, who have to give up what little they have just to get him.

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/26/melo-situation-at-boiling-point/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

"Has the situation for Carmelo Anthony in Denver deteriorated beyond repair? Well, if we’re to believe Adrian Wojnarowski over at Yahoo! Sports, it sure has.

And at least this contributor at Hang Time isn’t about to disregard Woj on this one.

The Nuggets have apparently given up on Melo signing that $65 million extension and are prepared to move their franchise player. William Wesley, aka Worldwide Wes of LeBron James fame, is one of Anthony’s advisors and he’s applying muscle in the inevitable Denver divorce.

From the Wojnarowski article:

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

If the Nuggets were to part with Melo, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin would be soon to follow. At least that’s the thinking in the rebuilding project coming to the Mile High City.

Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, and start over again, sources said.

These are the same Nuggets that were in the Western Conference finals in 2009. The Clippers and Nets are seen as probable destinations for Melo. How much closer are they to a title? Well, you have to wonder what Melo’s motivation is in all of this."

The last paragraph says it all. If Melo wants to win he would stay in Denver, he's in for a rude awakening if he goes to a team like the Nets or The Clippers, who have to give up what little they have just to get him.

Im not believing any of this until Melo says something one way or another. Just think about when all this hoopla started, it was right after Lebron made his announcement. They needed something to talk about.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Im not believing any of this until Melo says something one way or another. Just think about when all this hoopla started, it was right after Lebron made his announcement. They needed something to talk about.That's true but him not signing the extension yet - which he should have already done - throws up a lot of questions and speculation.

getlynched47
08-26-2010, 11:10 PM
I doubt that is true now. I highly doubt Melo is demanding a trade while he is in China.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and Worldwide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

While Kroenke had several severe remedies in his back pocket if the agency didn’t back off its most strident demands, sources said Thursday night that the owner never had to go that far to get CAA to work with the Nuggets. Now agent Leon Rose and Wesley are more open-minded about potential trade destinations.

Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be looming over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, sources said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, intends look closely at whether the NBA should adopt a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke adviser Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

Believe it, dude. Our Nuggets franchise is falling apart from the seams.
I'll be devastated to see Melo leave :(

Spyder
08-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Im not believing any of this until Melo says something one way or another. Just think about when all this hoopla started, it was right after Lebron made his announcement. They needed something to talk about.

Come on man, you're MUCH smarter than this. Something this big isn't going to just start up because some television network needed a story. Do you not realize the risk ESPN runs by making up something completely false? Yeah, I know they're not always 100% factual about their reports, but more times than not they atleast know the basis of the story. You seem to be in denial.

If Carmelo wanted to stay, he'd have signed his extension by now. People can blame Camby getting traded (though that happened like what? 3-4 years ago now?) or this new GM you guys hired or the fact that Stan Kroenke has given the reigns over to his son, anything you want.

Carmelo has always been and will always be a selfish player. He's out for himself and has been his entire career. He's not a leader, he doesn't care about his teammates and really could probably care less about winning as long as he scores his 30+ points a night. He's a nice player, but I'll still bet money he never wins a title during his career, I don't care if he plays for Denver, NJ, NY or anyone else, his style of play is never going to get him a Championship. This whole fiasco seemed to start when LeBron had his little one hour special, Carmelo has always been jealous of the media attention James gets. It's even worse now because Dwayne Wade has long since passed Carmelo since the '03 draft, and Kevin Durant has already drawn more praise from NBA insiders.

Denver would be smart to trade him to the Clippers. Anywhere else and the team is just as dumb.

Amari24
08-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Come on man, you're MUCH smarter than this. Something this big isn't going to just start up because some television network needed a story. Do you not realize the risk ESPN runs by making up something completely false? Yeah, I know they're not always 100% factual about their reports, but more times than not they atleast know the basis of the story. You seem to be in denial.

If Carmelo wanted to stay, he'd have signed his extension by now. People can blame Camby getting traded (though that happened like what? 3-4 years ago now?) or this new GM you guys hired or the fact that Stan Kroenke has given the reigns over to his son, anything you want.

Carmelo has always been and will always be a selfish player. He's out for himself and has been his entire career. He's not a leader, he doesn't care about his teammates and really could probably care less about winning as long as he scores his 30+ points a night. He's a nice player, but I'll still bet money he never wins a title during his career, I don't care if he plays for Denver, NJ, NY or anyone else, his style of play is never going to get him a Championship. This whole fiasco seemed to start when LeBron had his little one hour special, Carmelo has always been jealous of the media attention James gets. It's even worse now because Dwayne Wade has long since passed Carmelo since the '03 draft, and Kevin Durant has already drawn more praise from NBA insiders.

Denver would be smart to trade him to the Clippers. Anywhere else and the team is just as dumb.

I wouldn't trade him to the Clippers, they'd just be putting him in a better situation. Unless they package Eric Gordon/Kaman with the trade. If they don't get any of those players then they're idiots..

Spyder
08-27-2010, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't trade him to the Clippers, they'd just be putting him in a better situation. Unless they package Eric Gordon/Kaman with the trade. If they don't get any of those players then they're idiots..

Someone said the idea of Eric Gordon/Blake Griffin/Al-Farooq Aminu. That seems like a fair trade. You could always drop Aminu and Griffin and try getting Kaman along with Gordan, Kaman is a much more proven player than Blake Griffin, though Griffin's upside is extremely high if the kid can stay healthy

Outside of that.. name me 2-3 players from NJ, NY or anyone else who the Nuggets could benefit from? I don't think Carmelo fits in with the Magic and what they like to do down there, and even if he does, who exactly do they have that Denver could use? Clippers make the most sense, easily.

Amari24
08-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Someone said the idea of Eric Gordon/Blake Griffin/Al-Farooq Aminu. That seems like a fair trade. You could always drop Aminu and Griffin and try getting Kaman along with Gordan, Kaman is a much more proven player than Blake Griffin, though Griffin's upside is extremely high if the kid can stay healthy

Outside of that.. name me 2-3 players from NJ, NY or anyone else who the Nuggets could benefit from? I don't think Carmelo fits in with the Magic and what they like to do down there, and even if he does, who exactly do they have that Denver could use? Clippers make the most sense, easily.

NJ-Devin Harris, Brooke Lopez, and maybe Derrek Favors
NY-Stoudemarie plus draft picks?

NY defintley won't trade Stoudemarie, they need him to bait Melo into coming.

I think they should trade him to Memphis for Rudy, Greivis, and a 1st round pick. Greivis has tremendous upside and can play the 1 or the 2. And Rudy is one of the best SF in the game. Also Memphis drafted Xavier Henry so they could simply move him to the 2, and have Melo at the 3.

Their lineup would likely be this..

C-Gasol
PF-Randolph
SF-Melo
SG-Henry
PG-Conley

That would be a pretty decent lineup for them.

Spyder
08-27-2010, 06:05 AM
NJ-Devin Harris, Brooke Lopez, and maybe Derrek Favors
NY-Stoudemarie plus draft picks?

NY defintley won't trade Stoudemarie, they need him to bait Melo into coming.

I think they should trade him to Memphis for Rudy, Greivis, and a 1st round pick. Greivis has tremendous upside and can play the 1 or the 2. And Rudy is one of the best SF in the game. Also Memphis drafted Xavier Henry so they could simply move him to the 2, and have Melo at the 3.

Their lineup would likely be this..

C-Gasol
PF-Randolph
SF-Melo
SG-Henry
PG-Conley

That would be a pretty decent lineup for them.

NJ has stated several times over the last year or so that they won't be trading Brooke Lopez, he's essentially one of, if not the biggest, building piece for their future. If they traded him along with Harris, that doesn't leave them with a whole lot to build around Carmelo. Honestly, I'm not so sure they'd even be better than they are now. Also Devin Harris isn't the biggest need in the world for the Nuggets, especially considering they drafted Ty Lawson just last season.

Amare Stoudemire is not getting traded, plain and simple. He was brought to NY to try and lure in LeBron, when that flopped Carmelo became the second best option. NY simply doesn't have anything Denver would want or need. Had they held onto David Lee then it might have been different, but as of right now, Denver would be the biggest idiots in the world to appease NY and send Carmelo there.

Memphis is an interesting possibility as they're a team who have been building for years via the draft and have some good young talent, however.... I'm pretty sure Carmelo would not accept a trade to a market that's even smaller than Denver. He wouldn't agree to an extension beforehand (the largest key in who he's eventually traded to) and because of that Memphis isn't going to sacrifice their future for a guy who will stick around a year and then bolt for NY. Carmelo's biggest complaint has been the lack of publicity he receives in Denver and I can assure you Memphis isn't going to be any better, it'll be worse.

The Clippers still remain the best possibility considering the big men they got, not surprisingly being Denver's biggest weakness right now.

Amari24
08-27-2010, 06:26 AM
I know NJ won't be trading Lopez, I just simply listed the people the Den would even be interested in getting in a trade regardless. Those players being Lopez, Harris, and Favors. Houston has already tried to trade for Favors and it didn't happen, so they obviously aren't giving him up. Lopez will be a future top 5 Center, guarnteed. Harris is the only tradeable piece on that team really.

Honetly for NY, getting Stoudemarie was a bad idea from the start imo. They should've went after someone who could've been "The guy" that you could build around. You can't and won't build around Stoudemarie which Phoenix failed to realise. They should've tried their hardest to get Rudy, they already knew they wern't getting Lebron to begin with so I really didn't see the point.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-27-2010, 06:49 AM

I agree, the writing is on the wall.

Spyder
08-27-2010, 06:51 AM
I know NJ won't be trading Lopez, I just simply listed the people the Den would even be interested in getting in a trade regardless. Those players being Lopez, Harris, and Favors. Houston has already tried to trade for Favors and it didn't happen, so they obviously aren't giving him up. Lopez will be a future top 5 Center, guarnteed. Harris is the only tradeable piece on that team really.

Yep. That's why looking at it from a realistic standpoint, I think Denver's best bet is to talk to the Clippers. You're not getting anything decent from NY or NJ.

Honetly for NY, getting Stoudemarie was a bad idea from the start imo. They should've went after someone who could've been "The guy" that you could build around. You can't and won't build around Stoudemarie which Phoenix failed to realise. They should've tried their hardest to get Rudy, they already knew they wern't getting Lebron to begin with so I really didn't see the point.

I agree with this. Stoudemire is a decent scorer, but his lack of defense and lack of rebounds, especially in crunch time, is notorious by now. NY should have realized someone like him was not going to lure Lebron into their grasp. He simply isn't 'the guy' like they thought he could be.

I can't see Stoudemire or Carmelo meshing very well together. They both play an extremely similar style of basketball. Best when the ball is in their hands, pure scoring type of players, average to downright awful stretches of defense, lack of rebounding given the size of both players, not very good leaders, etc etc. Some people are already questioning how Dwayne Wade an Lebron James will come together and honestly their styles are light years closer to meshing than Amare's or Carmelo's will ever be, imo.

Atwnbroncfan
08-27-2010, 08:35 AM

Forgive me for my dying love for melo, but let me explain why. Im 20 years old, melo got here when I was about 12. Before that from the time I can remember the nuggs were terrible. I wasnt a die hard fan. Sure id go to games and watch them but it wasn't anything special. Nick van exel and antonio mcdyess were ok, nothing spectacular. So melo came and made me become a passionate fan. Melo maybe selfish, but he energized this franchise. Melo maybe selfish but has also been fairly loyal to us. I don't want him to leave, he is a to 5 player in the nba.

As for him going to clippers that is what I want. Refer to my previous post on the previous page for what I would want.

Hadez
08-27-2010, 10:56 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610
Believe it, dude. Our Nuggets franchise is falling apart from the seams.
I'll be devastated to see Melo leave :(

Forgive me for my dying love for melo, but let me explain why. Im 20 years old, melo got here when I was about 12. Before that from the time I can remember the nuggs were terrible. I wasnt a die hard fan. Sure id go to games and watch them but it wasn't anything special. Nick van exel and antonio mcdyess were ok, nothing spectacular. So melo came and made me become a passionate fan. Melo maybe selfish, but he energized this franchise. Melo maybe selfish but has also been fairly loyal to us. I don't want him to leave, he is a to 5 player in the nba.

As for him going to clippers that is what I want. Refer to my previous post on the previous page for what I would want.

Agree with both statements.

I remember the "BC" (Before Carmelo) pledge he gave us when we drafted him when asked about how bad the franchise was before he got here.

We have allot of 1st round playoff exits but considering we were not even sniffing the playoffs before and making the playoffs in the Western Conf is an accomplishment I was ok with that.

Also frankly only a handful of teams win the championship in the NBA...it is almost as bad as baseball but least 16 teams play in the playoffs.

Melo brought excitement to the Nugs.

People also need to realize he is amazing good. Sometimes as a Nuggest fan I focus on Melo's failures but he has really matured the last couple years.

Phil Jackson has said Melo was a major concern after the 2009 playoffs and that is why they went and got Artest for 2009-2010.

*sigh*

The NBA needs a franchise tag is all I know. Too bad it will not come until too late for us.

Atwnbroncfan
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Ujiri wants Anthony to stay with Nuggets
By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post

In the midst of a perfect storm of reports that at the very least suggest, and at most definitively say Nuggets superstar Carmelo Anthony is as good as gone, the team's new executive vice president of basketball operations, Masai Ujiri, says the team still wants the high-scoring forward.

"I love Melo," Ujiri said this morning. "I grew up in this league with Melo, kind of. It was my first years in the league, and I watched him grow. The Denver Nuggets want to keep Melo, and that's our priority. Carmelo is the Denver Nuggets, he's the city of Denver, he's done so well on this team. So we're going to deal with the issue full force."

Anthony has not signed a three-year, $65 million contract offer. Ujiri, who started in his new position today, said he plans to meet with Anthony to discuss any possibility of a future with the organization. Anthony and Ujiri have had a solid relationship over the years.

"I'm going to visit with my team and we're going to address the whole situation," Ujiri said. "I will meet with Melo and talk to Melo and we'll go from there. I know Melo has his frustrations, but we must not forget this was a Western Conference Finals team a year ago."

Asked specifically if he thinks there is a chance Anthony could still be a Nugget for years to come, Ujiri replied, "Yes. He's a superstar in the league, and that's our priority. We want to keep Melo. We love Melo. That's all I can say."

Ujiri, 39, who was officially hired this morning, had been working for the Toronto Raptors. Ujiri worked for four seasons in the Nuggets' scouting department, which included being named director of international scouting for the 2006-07 season. Prior to that, Ujiri worked as an international scout with the Orlando Magic in 2002-03.

A native of Zaria, Nigeria, Ujiri attended prep school in Seattle, went to junior college in North Dakota and attended Montana State. He played basketball in college and then professionally for six years in Europe.

The Nuggets' opening was created when the team did not renew the contracts of vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien and vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman on Aug. 3.

The door opened for Ujiri when the Nuggets were unable to reach an agreement with David Griffin, a former Phoenix Suns director of basketball operations.

Well looks like were making one more run at him. The bolded part can't hurt. Who knows it could turn into the Chris Paul scenario. After Chris Paul met with the new GM he no longer wanted to be traded. So maybe the same will happen. But the only bad part for Denver has been LaLa. She has been a thorn in our side and probably is the one trying to get Melo out of here.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Melo is gone and the nuggets suck again

BluenOrnge4Life
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Well looks like were making one more run at him. The bolded part can't hurt. Who knows it could turn into the Chris Paul scenario. After Chris Paul met with the new GM he no longer wanted to be traded. So maybe the same will happen. But the only bad part for Denver has been LaLa. She has been a thorn in our side and probably is the one trying to get Melo out of here.Agreed. Wise up Melo, there's still plenty of time to get that **** annulled. :D

BluenOrnge4Life
08-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Melo is gone and the nuggets suck againEven if the Nuggets do lose Melo they will still be better than the sorry ass Wizards.

BroncoFanBoy
08-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Looks like we're back in re-building mode.

to be honest, i want to see melo traded to the nets. and for 2 reasons.

1. they are garbage and melo would definitely regret asking for a trade

2. i like what they have to offer. they have a couple of young players that could appeal to us and what we want.

but it's gonna suck for me because i have a melo jersey.. :sad:

Atwnbroncfan
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Looks like we're back in re-building mode.

to be honest, i want to see melo traded to the nets. and for 2 reasons.

1. they are garbage and melo would definitely regret asking for a trade

2. i like what they have to offer. they have a couple of young players that could appeal to us and what we want.

but it's gonna suck for me because i have a melo jersey.. :sad:

Who would you want from the Nets? For me if Favors and Lopez are not included then its not worth it. And I highly doubt they will give one up let alone both. But Id be happy with a package of Lopez, Favors, and Williams for Melo, and maybe give em Kmart back.

But I would rather deal him to the Clippers. For Gordon, Aminu, and Griffin/Kaman. Id like Griffin but not sure if the Clippers will part with him.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Even if the Nuggets do lose Melo they will still be better than the sorry ass Wizards.

i highly doubt that.
the nuggets need to blow up the team and rebuild through the draft.

id take john wall, gilbert arenas, andray blatche, javale mcgee, ect over a nuggets team without melo.

Atwnbroncfan
08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
i highly doubt that.

id take john wall, gilbert arenas, andray blatche, javale mcgee, ect over a nuggets team without melo.

Id agree, except for Gilbert. He would fit perfectly with the Nuggets. Although we are probably getting rid of Melo were still in position to get some solid young talent.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Id agree, except for Gilbert. He would fit perfectly with the Nuggets. Although we are probably getting rid of Melo were still in position to get some solid young talent.

gilberts been looking good this summer. i think he's going to come out with a chip on his shoulder and have a good year. Playing along side John Wall should help Gilbert get some open looks since Wall is great at driving to the hoop.

Even if the Nuggets do trade Melo, i can see them still being a decent team. They still have billups and a lot of good role players. But i dont think they can get past the 2nd round.

Atwnbroncfan
08-28-2010, 08:31 PM
gilberts been looking good this summer. i think he's going to come out with a chip on his shoulder and have a good year. Playing along side John Wall should help Gilbert get some open looks since Wall is great at driving to the hoop.

Even if the Nuggets do trade Melo, i can see them still being a decent team. They still have billups and a lot of good role players. But i dont think they can get past the 2nd round.

Yea we would be boarderline playoff team. But problem was when we didn't have Melo was scoring. Harrington would probably help out there but still points wouldn't be as easy as were used to.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
i highly doubt that.

id take john wall, gilbert arenas, andray blatche, javale mcgee, ect over a nuggets team without melo. It's not like we wouldnt get young talent for Melo, and even without him we still have talent on this team: Billups, Lawson, Nene (Could be better but is still a physical force in the paint) Harrington, and maybe J.R. Smith. Even if we trade Jr and/or K mart, its not like we arent getting talent in return for them either. Ill still take a Melo-less team against The Wizards.

CodyRoark
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay guys:

I'm gonna let you all in on something!

I don't have full knowledge on what's going on but I do know this:

Melo has not publically said anything to indicate him leaving.
Whoever reported that his meeting with Kroenke JR went bad and he demanded a trade is FALSE.

Kroenke JR today said whoever wrote that had alterior motives or did it to just and try to stir the pot that's been boiling.

DON'T BELIEVE JACK NUTHIN what your read in the internet/papers.

Melo is set to meet with the new GM real soon and we'll find out something!

Amari24
09-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I saw a report saying Melo may be going to the Bulls, in a deal including Joakim Noah.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I saw a report saying Melo may be going to the Bulls, in a deal including Joakim Noah.
At this point we've pretty much seen a report of him possibly going to every NBA team, and still nothing has happened.

Cahill
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry to all you Denver fans out there, I may be a Broncos fan but that's only the NFL. I am really hoping Melo ends up with the Knicks. I have been a Knicks fan my entire life and we haven't been relevant in a very long time up until this offseason. I think Melo + Amare would be a pretty good superstar duo and then you add in Felton and the potential of Anthony Randolph, that makes for a deadly team. I think that team could compete with the Heat in the playoffs depending on how the team chemistry turns out.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry to all you Denver fans out there, I may be a Broncos fan but that's only the NFL. I am really hoping Melo ends up with the Knicks. I have been a Knicks fan my entire life and we haven't been relevant in a very long time up until this offseason. I think Melo + Amare would be a pretty good superstar duo and then you add in Felton and the potential of Anthony Randolph, that makes for a deadly team. I think that team could compete with the Heat in the playoffs depending on how the team chemistry turns out. Even if Melo is traded, it's very unlikely he will end up with The Knicks because they don't have enough to offer The Nuggets in return.

Amari24
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Even if Melo is traded, it's very unlikely he will end up with The Knicks because they don't have enough to offer The Nuggets in return.

Even so, I think Melo is as good as gone at this point. Most people are even saying that he wants to be traded before the season starts. Melo has yet to comment on those, but still. I think he's more likely to be traded to the Bulls then he is the Knicks though. The Bulls have a lot that they can give up. They have Noah, and Deng, whom they were gonna trade anyways before they found out Lebron wasn't coming. The Nuggets better trade him now or they'll end up like the Cavs.

1.Rose
2.Brewer/Korver
3.Anthony
4.Boozer
5.Gibson

Sounds like a good lineup to me.

LRod
09-11-2010, 09:11 PM
I personally don't think Melo will stay here in Denver. He would have signed by now. And since his contract is up next year, we need to get rid of him now where we can get someone of caliber in return, or else.....we get nothing. There's no loyalty any longer in sports. Long gone are the Elways, Marinos, Mannings (Peyton), that stays with one team. It's all about money!

Bronco51
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Its nothing new, just, the same crap that espn spins the wrong way. Espn wants melo a knick bc that means they can show more knicks games,which gives them higher ratings and more money. Im confident melo will stay a nugget.

So a month after this statement do you still feel like ESPN is making this up? Are you still confident he will remain a Nugget?

The Nugs better pull the trigger before training camp.

DishWater
09-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Kinda sad that he's going to leave.

My Olympic jersey won't be worth anything anymore.

My Nene jersey seems negligible at this point, too.

I've lost interest in the Nugs... Hope they find someone that'll reenergize us.

I thought we were lookin' so good after almost getting to the Finals...

I know I'll be buying tix for the Pepsi Center... to see the Avs.

Amari24
09-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Kinda sad that he's going to leave.

My Olympic jersey won't be worth anything anymore.

My Nene jersey seems negligible at this point, too.

I've lost interest in the Nugs... Hope they find someone that'll reenergize us.

I thought we were lookin' so good after almost getting to the Finals...

I know I'll be buying tix for the Pepsi Center... to see the Avs.

Why wouldn't your Olympic jersey be worth anything? Melo will be on Team USA for years to come. Him switching teams doesn't change that. Now if it's something like a Western All-Star jersey, then yeah, it would be pretty worthless.

Broncoholic JS
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Carmelo Anthony could have been a stand up example to children everywhere by signing a career deal with the Nuggets. Instead he wants to go somewhere and build a "dream team". Why not build that here? I know you are from New York and everything, but look what LeBron did. He alienated his home state and look at the livid fans. We believed in you Carmelo, which is why we drafted you.

LeBron and the "dream teams" are destroying the NBA. At this rate we won't have to worry about that anymore as fans will not attend games outside those cities and the NBA will fold. Nobody wants to see that. Which is why the NFL is much more popular because it knows how to run itself. Outside of the player conduct the NFL is the best product out there besides the MLB.

Time to move away from the NBA if the commissioner and owners allow this. I will still be a Nuggets fan, but a fan of the true Nuggets like Chauncey, Birdman, Alex English, and George Karl. Those are the people who demand our respect and should get it. Not money hungry players.

Melo, thank you for everything but this decision you are making will prevent you from winning a title. Just saying....

GO NUGGETS!!!

Amari24
09-24-2010, 10:05 PM
LeBron and the "dream teams" are destroying the NBA. At this rate we won't have to worry about that anymore as fans will not attend games outside those cities and the NBA will fold. Nobody wants to see that. Which is why the NFL is much more popular because it knows how to run itself. Outside of the player conduct the NFL is the best product out there besides the MLB.

Yeah no kidding...

Wade-Lebron-Bosh

That's like putting uh.. I don't know. Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, and Peyton Manning, all on the same team.

BroncoFanBoy
09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
funny thing is that if we do end up getting derrick favors is that we would be trading a superstar player who wore number 15 during his tenure in denver and we get a georgia tech player who plays his position to replace him. there's a player im thinking of that had this happen to him and he's replacing an elite player in denver.... who is it....

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/DThomas.jpg

:D

Amari24
09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
funny thing is that we would be trading a superstar player who wore number 15 during his tenure in denver and we get a georgia tech player who plays his position to replace him. there's a player im thinking of that had this happen to him and he's replacing an elite player in denver.... who is it....

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/DThomas.jpg

:D

The Nets are going to be heart broken when Favors enters an elite stage as a top 5 PF (it's going to happen) and Melo still has no ring :laugh:.

Broncoholic JS
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
It was noted recently that all 3 of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson would have never thought about playing on the same team. Could be why the NBA has lost that golden magic from their era. It just doesn't feel the same. Glad LeBron doesn't wear the number 23 anymore. He will never be Jordan, ever, end of story.

I miss the NBA of the 90s where things were exciting and felt real. This current era seems fixed and unreal to me.

Atwnbroncfan
09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
So a month after this statement do you still feel like ESPN is making this up? Are you still confident he will remain a Nugget?

The Nugs better pull the trigger before training camp.

Yes I still think espn is making more than it is. But anything can happen, at this point the offer we have that gives us 2 firsts and kirilenko(one year rental), and favors is a solid offer. But if the "reports" at this time are correct, then melo wont sign with new jersey which ruins the trade.

DiversityA
09-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Apparently training camp is tomorrow...the deal could happen tomorrow then. Whatever we do, I'd really like to be set for camp so we can get some chemistry going. Melo gone? Melo gone.

Atwnbroncfan
09-24-2010, 10:52 PM
If proposed trade goes through, my ideal scenario woud be to get harrison barnes and fab melo in the draft next year. That would give us the youngest, biggest, and most dangerous front court in the nba.