PDA

View Full Version : Season Outlook

Tarquin
08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm curious how you guys think your team will stack up against the other AFC West teams. The Chargers are the Chargers. The Broncos looked pretty dangerous against the Bengals. The Raiders look to be very improved too.

How do you guys honestly feel about your team headed into the season? Do you think you have what it takes to compete this year?

I'm not trying to smack, but I think you'd be doing well if you didn't finish last in the division this year. You might get Oakland, but I don't think you'll get the Broncos or Chargers. I could be wrong though.

If I am, tell me why.

GridironChamp
08-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I am not worried about the Broncos at all, as in I think we will both be competing
for the last spot in the division.. I'll give the edge to Denver because your OL
is better once Clady comes back. Oakland is a bit scary to me and SD is SD
like you said.

KC will be better than last year, easily, but they still won't be good. I'm thinking
between 6 and 8 wins.

Splitting with all 3 divisional teams (winning the 3 home games losing the 3 road
ones).

I think every position on the team will be better.
OL: Played much better the last half the year when they got used to the system,
especially Albert. Biggest question is RT but we should be average there.

WR: Chambers and Bowe will be back, and Bowe has been REALLY impressive
so far in camp. He has all the physical tools we just have to get him the ball.
McCluster should be a solid weapon as well.

TE: Moeaki has looked better in camp than all of the TE's combined last year,
plus we lost no one of importance at the position.

RB: Charles will be playing all year and Thomas Jones > Larry Johnson last year.
Simple enough.

QB: Hard to get worse, and Weis should provide some solid teaching... But I
think we will end up going QB in Round 1 next year, but Cassel should play
good enough to improve the team from last year.

DL: Adding Shaun Smith and giving Tyson Jackson and Dorsey another year to
get used to the NFL can only make a relatively poor DL better.

LB: If Derrick Johnson starts all year, we have improved GREATLY here.. If he
doesn't, again, then it will continue to be below average. Adding Sheffield in
the draft should improve the outside pass rush opposite of Hali.

DB: Arenas is battling Leggett for the nickel corner job and I think Arenas will
get it, which is awesome. He is a great tackler for a CB and has the speed to
not get burned. Oh, and we added Eric Berry there.. enough said.

Kicking: Same as last year, Succop gets another year to do whatever it is kickers
do to get ready.

Coaching: We added two HIGHLY skilled coordinators, I can only see great
improvement coming there.

baphamet
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
personally i think the chiefs will be improved and headed in the right direction, which is me hating them like i once did. ;)

Tarquin
08-18-2010, 07:42 PM
personally i think the chiefs will be improved and headed in the right direction, which is me hating them like i once did. ;)

I think the Chiefs are the worst in the division. I expect the Raiders to at least split with them.

The Chiefs are a long way from home, and Cassel is expensive baggage that doesn't pull his own weight.

They'll be okay, but I don't think they'll be competitive. I think the only way they make themselves relevant this season is by stealing a win from the Chargers or the Broncos.

I really see this division as between two teams.

Kyousukeneko
08-18-2010, 11:37 PM
everything should be improved, but they will still be the worst team in the divison depending on cassell and campbell play

RaiderFanSD
08-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Chiefs really scare me for some reason. Their secondary has the potential to be VERY good and if their D-line puts it together they could be especially tough on defense. Charles is Charles, Jones is an underrated back, McCluster will kill in the slot IMO, Bowe & Chambers are good weapons as well. I think the only thing holding them back on O is Cassel & maybe their O-line.

baphamet
08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Chiefs really scare me for some reason. Their secondary has the potential to be VERY good and if their D-line puts it together they could be especially tough on defense. Charles is Charles, Jones is an underrated back, McCluster will kill in the slot IMO, Bowe & Chambers are good weapons as well. I think the only thing holding them back on O is Cassel & maybe their O-line.

yeah, i bet their offense will be decent, its their defense that i am not too sure about. to me i think KC will be one of those teams that will play spoiler in december when teams are trying to make the playoffs.

one more year of rebuilding and i think the chiefs will be a force, it will start to show in the last part of the season in my opinion.

Tarquin
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
I think the only thing holding them back on O is Cassel & maybe their O-line.

Their line and their quarterback? That's all that's holding them back huh?

No problem for them then...

That's sarcasm. Those are the basics, man. Without those you got nothing.

one more year of rebuilding and i think the chiefs will be a force, it will start to show in the last part of the season in my opinion.

The thing is they've been in that position every season and made really bad decisions every chance they got. The Chiefs haven't been a team to worry about since Marty Schottenheimer left town. I don't see that changing this next offseason.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just trying to be realistic. That team was scary for a while, but it's been a long time since they had that status.

They play spoiler like you said, Baph, but that's about all.

GridironChamp
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Their line and their quarterback? That's all that's holding them back huh?

No problem for them then...

That's sarcasm. Those are the basics, man. Without those you got nothing.

The thing is they've been in that position every season and made really bad decisions every chance they got. The Chiefs haven't been a team to worry about since Marty Schottenheimer left town. I don't see that changing this next offseason.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just trying to be realistic. That team was scary for a while, but it's been a long time since they had that status.

They play spoiler like you said, Baph, but that's about all.

I really don't see how you can't see how the team has improved in every
possible way from last season...

KC will be an average team this year, a lot of pressure is on the front 7 on defense
to stop the run. Our secondary is getting scary good, IMO, and on offense
the only 2 question marks (OL and QB) have a good platform to stand on for
improvement.. THe last half of last year the OL was solid and Weis is a QB
expert so Cassel should get better.

Bernie24
08-19-2010, 06:54 PM
The chiefs have vastly improved since last year. I expect the AFCW to look something like this

Chargers 13-3
Broncos 10-6
Chiefs 7-9
Oakland 6-10

I'm kinda fond of the Chiefs actually odd thing to say I know but I like them as a Rival and a lot of the players on their team. My mom is also a chiefs fan.

Starbroncs
08-19-2010, 07:35 PM
The chiefs have vastly improved since last year. I expect the AFCW to look something like this

Chargers 13-3
Broncos 10-6
Chiefs 7-9
Oakland 6-10

I'm kinda fond of the Chiefs actually odd thing to say I know but I like them as a Rival and a lot of the players on their team. My mom is also a chiefs fan.

Ive got some friends that are chiefs fans. I have also kind of liked some chiefs players over the years and considered them more of a friendly rival. They were never like the raiders to me, a rival that you really REALLY REALLY hate.

LSIGRAD09
08-20-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm willing to think that the Chiefs will go from a range of 6-10 to 8-8. I can't see them losing more than 8 games.

LordTrychon
08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm willing to think that the Chiefs will go from a range of 6-10 to 8-8. I can't see them losing more than 8 games.

So you really see them somewhere from 8-8 to 8-8. ;)

KCLadyFan
08-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I really cannot make any predictions as far as what I think their record will be but the things I like for the Chiefs this season.

1-Having Charles running the ball which he could split the carries with Jones...he had one hell of a season for starting midway through the season and was able to rack up over 1000 yds rushing behind that line.

2-Not having Haley calling the plays is going to be a huge plus.

3-The Eric Berry signing.

4-Also think Chambers will be play a big part for the O...Not to sure about Bowe.

5-We still have Colquitt and Succop who IMO are 2 of the best at their positions.

As far as how we'll do against our division rivals...this is the year I think we split with all 3 teams...we gave one good beating to the Broncos in that last game in Denver when no one including myself thought we would

Thats about it for right now...I'm tired...:P

LSIGRAD09
08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
So you really see them somewhere from 8-8 to 8-8. ;)

Lol, not my best work.:sad:

TonyGFortheTD
08-22-2010, 02:41 AM
This team will go as far as Jamaal Charles takes them. He played well when cakn it, partna got cut but it remains to be seen if he can hold up the full 16.

GridironChamp
08-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I dont know how much of the preseason is going to translate to the regular season,
but it really annoys me that it appears Thomas Jones is the starter getting the
majority of the first team reps.

Orangeflux
08-23-2010, 03:19 AM
I dont know how much of the preseason is going to translate to the regular season,
but it really annoys me that it appears Thomas Jones is the starter getting the
majority of the first team reps.

Jaamal Charles is a beast. i dunno what they're thinking starting Jones over him. Unless its just to keep him healthy for the regular season.