PDA

View Full Version : MLBs Greatest Rivalry's.

Southstander
08-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I have caught two if the three episodes of this show on Versus that have aired so far. I hope I have not missed the Red Sox vs Yankees, but the ones have seen so far have been excellent. The I saw where on the AL vs NL and Dodgers vs Giants. So I was thinking what will the other shows be on. Perhaps player vs player, but if it is on team vs team what are the big rivalrys. So far the only ones I can think of are:

Red Sox vs Yankees
Dodgers vs Giants
Cubs vs Cardnials

Snapping Turtle
08-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Now, as a Colorado fan...I can't say that we have any solidified rivalries aside from the other peon teams in our division. :P

BUT.

I feel like the one between the Rockies and Phillies is definitely blossoming. Maybe not so much if we continue to suck it up and don't make the playoffs...

and this season I'm pretty sure the Cardinals and Reds have some hate towards one another. I'm not QUITE sure why I think that though. :laugh:

God, what I wouldn't give for the Rockies to fight like that.

Southstander
08-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Lol Snap. Yeah I can't see why the Cards and Reds hate each other right now.

There have to be other rivals that we have not mentioned.

Southstander
08-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Mets v Phillies is this weeks episode.

Sparky The Sun Devil
08-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Cubs v White Sox is pterry good as well

Southstander
08-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Goods one. That means we also have The Yanks and Mets as well as Angels and Dodgers.

#1snake_fan
08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Mets V. Yanks is always good to watch

Cards V. Royals (I live in Missouri)

Rangers V. Angles

Rockies V. Phillies (post season)

Red Sox V. Rays (it's starting)

Yanks V. Angles

Giants V. A's

Braves V. Mets

Those are all good rivalrys

Southstander
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Red Sox v Angles.

JakeNbake
08-23-2010, 01:27 PM
I hate the dodgers........... As I am a Giants fan. I really don't hate many other teams. Maybe the Angels because we lost to them in the last WS we were in...

#1snake_fan
08-23-2010, 01:34 PM
It's becoming one but with the Red Sox owning the Angels in the regular season i think that one should have (post Season) next to it

and Dude the Angels V. White Sox is a pretty good one to watch

Southstander
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM
It's becoming one but with the Red Sox owning the Angels in the regular season i think that one should have (post Season) next to it

and Dude the Angels V. White Sox is a pretty good one to watch

I disagree, just because we only lost to them once this year, and have eliminated them from the playoffs several times does not lessen the rivialry. Or only have it be a "Post season" one.

Broncos724
08-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Now, as a Colorado fan...I can't say that we have any solidified rivalries aside from the other peon teams in our division. :P

BUT.

I feel like the one between the Rockies and Phillies is definitely blossoming. Maybe not so much if we continue to suck it up and don't make the playoffs...

and this season I'm pretty sure the Cardinals and Reds have some hate towards one another. I'm not QUITE sure why I think that though. :laugh:

God, what I wouldn't give for the Rockies to fight like that.Gotta love Brandon Phillips! :salute:

I do hope Reds-Cardinals becomes a big rivalry, both teams have bright futures for the next several years. Historically though the Cardinals' biggest rival is Chicago, and back when both teams were in the NL West it was the Reds and Dodgers.

#1snake_fan
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Gotta love Brandon Phillips! :salute:

I do hope Reds-Cardinals becomes a big rivalry, both teams have bright futures for the next several years. Historically though the Cardinals' biggest rival is Chicago, and back when both teams were in the NL West it was the Reds and Dodgers.

I agree with everything that Phillips said about the Cardinals they complain about everything and i can't stand their fans at all they always cry when Pujols isn't the M.V.P. or if Wainwright or Carpenter don't win the Cy Young

I like the Reds alot

can't wait to see Chapman

WhoDeyBengals
08-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Another Reds fan here. :D I love having baseball mean something to me going into September. This has been an exciting year.

One of the rivalries that has really been put to rest since the realignment is the Reds vs. the Dodgers. We used to have a heated rivalry with them when we were both contenders in the NL West, and I don't think anyone can say they were happier than me to see Tommy Lasorda retire. I hated that team. I hated when the Reds traveled to the West Coast (and still do, but only because it's a pain to stay up to watch the games). I'm glad the rivalry is more or less over, but I'll never forget it as a fan.

Southstander
08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Another Reds fan here. :D I love having baseball mean something to me going into September. This has been an exciting year.

One of the rivalries that has really been put to rest since the realignment is the Reds vs. the Dodgers. We used to have a heated rivalry with them when we were both contenders in the NL West, and I don't think anyone can say they were happier than me to see Tommy Lasorda retire. I hated that team. I hated when the Reds traveled to the West Coast (and still do, but only because it's a pain to stay up to watch the games). I'm glad the rivalry is more or less over, but I'll never forget it as a fan.

My east coast Red Sox brethren know your pain of west coast road trips.

TheQBGuru
08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I like how the Angels have a rivalry with every team.

Southstander
08-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I like how the Angels have a rivalry with every team.

How do you figure?

Brakshow
08-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Cards and Reds have always had some pretty heated competitions...this year in particular